New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIII: 50% More Entertaining than Speculating About Mit

Quote Originally Posted by ZhonLord View Post
    When the degree of danger the world is in results in a difference of what Serini does in protecting the Gate?

If so, then show me two points in the comic where messing with someone's animal results in outbursts of anger.
    Hmmm, I don't think this quite counts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManicOppressive View Post
    Roy's fancy fighter degree sure paid off when he decided to stage an ambush because of it.

There's also, of course, a few degrees for a course of action when riding a worm.

If that's right, then how about this:

Serini is pretty good with her crossbow, but she has a regular bow hanging somewhere she probably used once. Where is Serini's bow-that-isn't-a-crossbow hanging?
    These are a nice exploitation of the ambiguity of the phrasing. What I had in mind was a lot more convenient.

Current Question (ManicOppressive's): Where is Serini's bow-that-isn't-a-crossbow hanging?
    Last edited by Caerulea; 2022-08-03 at 10:25 PM.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

2. - Top - End - #212

BardGuy

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIII: 50% More Entertaining than Speculating About Mit

I'm guessing we cannot just answer with this or this comic and say it's hanging on her back in a drawing, can we?
    Last edited by enq; 2022-08-04 at 02:45 AM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    Current Question (ManicOppressive's): Where is Serini's bow-that-isn't-a-crossbow hanging?
    Alternatively, it is never shown hitting the ground after this moment so it might still be hanging in midair?
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enq View Post
    I'm guessing we cannot just answer with this or this comic and say it's hanging on her back in a drawing, can we?
    That was it, yeah. Just thought I was being cheeky pulling up her brief past appearance(s) since her detailed abode has been in-comic so much lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Miel View Post
    typo report : panel 5, "pleather" I presume the p shouldn't be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    You live an aesthetically blessed life.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

I'll take the open question. Find me an indication that the tallest mountain in Stickworld is called Everest.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

7. - Top - End - #217

https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0653.html

I wanted to answer the question because it was there.

Find me what appears to be the Queen of the Gods in the Banjoist Pantheon.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0653.html

I wanted to answer the question because it was there.
    So... George Mallory means Everest exists? That seems like a bit of a stretch.

Mention of the tallest mountain here (p2), but no reference to "Everest".
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

9. - Top - End - #219

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    So... George Mallory means Everest exists? That seems like a bit of a stretch.
    A.) George Mallory specifically having a "because it's there" quote.
    2.) The question was deliberately phrased to include "implies".

Personification was correct, they have the current question.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2022-08-05 at 08:13 AM.

10. - Top - End - #220

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    Find me what appears to be the Queen of the Gods in the Banjoist Pantheon.
    Is it his kiss partner here?

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Is that it? If so, find me someone lamenting the location of a fashion accessory.
    Screaming defiance with the last breath

It would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated.

My judgments and medals!

The Iron Chef Optimization spreadsheet!

Song, Sword, and Sorcery: my 5E homebrew half-caster bard (Version 2.0!)

12. - Top - End - #222

Quote Originally Posted by H_H_F_F View Post
    Is that it? If so, find me someone lamenting the location of a fashion accessory.
    It was, though my intended response was actually the comic right after. Your question stands (I have no idea).
    Last edited by Personification; 2022-08-05 at 04:38 PM.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Hint: it's headwear.

It would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated.

My judgments and medals!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hint: it's headwear.
    Blackwing left his sombrero on the ship (second page, panel 2), referencing this strip.

I hope this question is allowable within the rules.
    Find me two comics showing a murderer and their victim, alive and well, in the same panel taking place chronologically after the murder. Illusions don’t count. A third comic may be needed to prove that one of the murders indeed happened.
    Last edited by Coppercloud; 2022-08-07 at 03:21 AM.

15. - Top - End - #225

Quote Originally Posted by Coppercloud View Post
    Blackwing left his sombrero on the ship (second page, panel 2), referencing this strip.

I hope this question is allowable within the rules.
    Find me two comics showing a murderer and their victim, alive and well, in the same panel. Illusions don’t count. A third comic may be needed to prove that one of the murders indeed happened.
    Ooh, my favorite question - a poorly phrased one that has a ton of possible answers. So how's about Kubota and Therkla and Belkar and the Oracle.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIII: 50% More Entertaining than Speculating About Mit

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Ooh, my favorite question - a poorly phrased one that has a ton of possible answers. So how's about Kubota and Therkla and Belkar and the Oracle.
    It was poorly worded. I meant "a murderer and their victim after the murder". I'll update it immediately.
    Now I don't think it has as many possible answers, does it?
    Last edited by Coppercloud; 2022-08-06 at 06:36 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

I have...

Panel four here, taking place after the events of this strip.

I don't know of a second panel, or otherwise haven't found it yet. (I thought maybe the "no illusions" qualifier would eliminate this strip, but it doesn't qualify with the above answers even as is.)

18. - Top - End - #228

Imean, the most obvious one. I couldn't think of a second right off the bat so I figured whoever got that would get both. But yeah, plenty of Crystal/Haley strips after Crystal got murdered. Every if she is in golem form.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

Imean, the most obvious one. I couldn't think of a second right off the bat so I figured whoever got that would get both. But yeah, plenty of Crystal/Haley strips after Crystal got murdered. Every if she is in golem form.
    I felt like the "golem" condition precluded the "alive and well" condition.

20. - Top - End - #230

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    Ah, fair. Though the question always to read as of the meeting is supposed to fair place post-murder, not a flashback.
    It was poorly worded. I meant "a murderer and their victim after the murder". I'll update it immediately.
    Now I don't think it has as many possible answers, does it?
    Imean really this is a second question since I answered the first correctly.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2022-08-07 at 12:09 AM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imean really this is a second question since I answered the first correctly.
    If it makes you feel better, let's just say that I took the OQ left by my own previous question.

Ah, fair. Though the question always to read as of the meeting is supposed to fair place post-murder, not a flashback.
    Indeed. I added "chronologically" to my definitely poorly-worded post.

Exactly. It also prevents Xykon from being an acceptable victim of Roy (plus, is he really "killed" if he is just forced to retreat in his soul-hidey place?). The High Priest of Hel or any other vampire wouldn't count either.

It is indeed the most obvious one, which raises the question of why I didn't think of it. Well, there were more answers than I thought.

(I thought maybe the "no illusions" qualifier would eliminate this strip, but it doesn't qualify with the above answers even as is.)
    It would qualify otherwise, since we see Malack and a very much alive Durkon. And the previous strip shows Xykon battling Roy after he's killed the latter in Azure City.

22. - Top - End - #232

BardGuy

Find me Xykon being the voice of reason and moderation.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

I guess this strip might qualify, but unless I misspoke or misread something, my question still needs a second answer (the first one being provided by Peelee).

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

I guess this strip might qualify, but unless I misspoke or misread something, my question still needs a second answer (the first one being provided by Peelee).
    A second couple of murder and victim, you mean?

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

A second couple of murder and victim, you mean?
    Yep. Durkon and Hilgya count, but flashback Crystal and Golem Crystal with Haley don't. None of my intended answers has been given so far.

26. - Top - End - #236

BardGuy

Oh, my bad. Carry on with yours. There was so much talking that I got confused.

(though no, you can do better than that one)

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

Exactly. It also prevents Xykon from being an acceptable victim of Roy (plus, is he really "killed" if he is just forced to retreat in his soul-hidey place?).
    Well, it may prevent Xykon from being a victim of Roy, but it shouldn't prevent Roy from being a victim of Xykon, and here they are.

(If "killing in battle" counts as "murder," anyway. It may not, but I don't have anything else at the moment.)

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Well, it may prevent Xykon from being a victim of Roy, but it shouldn't prevent Roy from being a victim of Xykon, and here they are.

(If "killing in battle" counts as "murder," anyway. It may not, but I don't have anything else at the moment.)
    But Xykon is definitionally not "alive and well".

My judgments and medals!

29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground

But Xykon is definitionally not "alive and well".
    It wrote it to describe the victim only, but I could definitely have worded it better. Note to self: don't write posts at 1AM.

Killing in battle is definitely murder as far as I'm concerned. In order to fully answer my question, you would need to link to a strip mentioning or showing Xykon killing Roy, such as this one, or you could link to this strip which has both Redcloak mentioning how Xykon killed Roy and shows both of them on the same panel (second page, 6th panel).
    My other intended answer was Hilgya killing Minrah with the two of them reunited here.

Let's go with enq's question.

30. - Top - End - #240

It wrote it to describe the victim only, but I could definitely have worded it better. Note to self: don't write posts at 1AM.

Killing in battle is definitely murder as far as I'm concerned. In order to fully answer my question, you would need to link to a strip mentioning or showing Xykon killing Roy, such as this one, or you could link to this strip which has both Redcloak mentioning how Xykon killed Roy and shows both of them on the same panel (second page, 6th panel).
    My other intended answer was Hilgya killing Minrah with the two of them reunited here.

Let's go with enq's question.
    Yeah, I read assuming a big gap between murdered and killed in battle