New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Lightbulb Minrah's hand in making Belkar be better

Anyone else feels the dialogue part where Minrah told Belkar that by changing new people wouldn't know the old you is particularly important?

Kinda makes me wonder if at any moment she'll be asked her opinion of Belkar on doing something evil and she'll go

Minrah: Belkar? Killing an innocent man? I don't think he would. He seems grumpy like my grandma without her morning tea, but not murderous evil
    ??: Well in the past..
    Minrah: Nuh-uh, I am not digging on anyone's past. Specially someone that told me that is trying to change!

And maybe add how she did change and don't want people judging her from her past actions. Something like that.

I really like the clerics of this comic. It's how a good priest IRL should be. A person that wants to help other people be better. I personally love redemption stories.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Minrah's hand in making Belkar be better

I really hope Minrah's "thing" is not Hybristophilia.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Minrah's hand in making Belkar be better

Honestly I'm not surprised Minrah's finding success with Belkar where others have fallen flat. She's focused on doing her part as the newbie and pulling her weight on a team that's gearing up for their final showdown; and her eagerness to help would naturally focus on Belkar as the least... stable / prepared member of the team. The two have a good synergy and she's a very level-headed addition to the team, which means she can in turn help Belkar be more level-headed as well.

On top of that, her Fighter/Cleric multiclass setup means she's less deity/religion oriented; she's a more practical person overall which frankly makes her a more approachable cleric than Durkon in many ways. Take all those factors together and her seeming side-desire to act as a therapist at a couple times in the comic, and it's easy to see why Belkar would get along with her and actually take her words seriously.

Of course, if he dies permanently as the Oracle suggested is going to happen, then all of this becomes a moot point as Sir Bitterleaf won't be around long enough to truly change the way Minrah suggested. But we shall see how it plays out.