New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default LF short, complete, family friendly manga recommendations

Looking for recommendations of family friendly manga that are short, finished, and self-contained enough to be enjoyed by themselves. I'd prefer titles around the size of one "omnibus volume" or 3 to 4 regular tankobon volumes as published.

Also, recommendations must have completed English translated physical versions currently in print. No digital only, no unofficial fanslations.

As for a definition of "family friendly" for the purpose of this thread, the people whose opinions matter consider Inuyasha and BNHA to be family friendly enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    where is the atropal? and does it have a listed LA?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: LF short, complete, family friendly manga recommendations

On the Manga front, Rayearth is a possibility, as is Angelic Layer and Pre-Tear (The anime of Angelic Layer and Pre-Tear were also quite good, but I hated the anime of Rayearth).

Rayearth is the story of three girls pulled into another world to be magic knights and save the world. Except that's not quite why they were summoned...

Angelic Layer is essentially one big Tournament Arc, where a girl staying with her aunt gets involved in the titular game hoping to fight the top player (Anthea). She is encouraged in this by a strange person in a labcoat. The bit about a missing Mother obviously won't play a part in the plot.

Pre-Tear - A new legend of Snow White is the story of a girl, her father, a step-mother and two step-sisters. Except she gets involved in trying to save the world as a magical girl with the help of a team of boys.

Can't tell if they are in print as I haven't been in a comic shop for years, but I only had to go to Amazon for one volume in the above.
    Last edited by Manga Shoggoth; 2022-07-18 at 11:52 AM.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: LF short, complete, family friendly manga recommendations

AzuManga DaiOh?