New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Second Darkness: Children of the Void [IC]

Embarrassment flushes Tsyra's face as expectations of her own abilities collide with reality. Not wanting to dwell on this overestimation, she moves quickly to engage the only foe she can see, stepping around Santiago and swinging her kinetic weapon at the zombie in a crushing downward blow.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move action: Move to the square east of Santiago.

Standard action: Attack the zombie with her kinetic blade.
    Attack: (d20+9)[20]
    Damage: (2d6+5)[11]

The following bonuses are believed to be applicable, but have not been applied above: +1d6 damage from scarlet einhander, +1 attack from Elemental Overflow, +2 to attack and damage from Santiago's boost.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Colossus in the Playground

R3T22: Embarrassment flushes Tsyra's face as expectations of her own abilities collide with reality. Not wanting to dwell on this overestimation, she moves quickly to engage the only foe she can see. Noticing that the only part of the wall she can squeeze through is by the open spot (vanished Lev), she moves past him and through the wall and then south, opening up a futile attack from the zombie. Tsyra swings her kinetic weapon at the zombie in a crushing downward blow to destroy the monster. Despite the strange nature of this particular zombie, it does as all destroyed undead do ... spontaneous combat from inside and turn to ash .... leaving a scorch mark on the ruined floor.

Combat Ends!
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 17APR2024.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

As the last zombie vanishes, Santiago looks around with a proud smile on his face. ”Good work everyone. You all fought well. Before we continue, I seem to have lost a lot of blood. He gestures to the wound from the tongue. “Does anyone know a way to recover my strength?”

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Tsyra reaches most of her forearm into a small pouch on her belt and removes a rolled sheet of parchment. "Yes," she says in answer to Santiago's question. "This is a scroll of a restorative spell, but I cannot make use of it without the aid of my Goddess. I would require a period of uninterrupted prayer unless one of you capable is activating its magic in my stead."

She will wait to see if anyone comes forward, in which case she will hand them the scroll.

Show
    Tsyra draws a scroll of lesser restoration from her Craftsman's Belt.
    Last edited by rypt; 2022-11-16 at 03:31 AM.

5. - Top - End - #275

Sol says, "Ago, do you yet have holy magics as some paladins? Because healing like that is usually granted holy warriors to heal the sick. If not, Lev, your resume mentioned broad skill at commandeering magical items?"
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ago nods ”I could, but I don’t have that spell prepared. If you all want to take some time to search the building, I could pray for it.”
    Show
    If the party wants to wait, Santiago will swap veil of positive energy for lesser restoration and cast it on himself.
    Last edited by AggressiveBread; 2022-11-16 at 06:30 PM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Lev stops his oration and allows his spell to lapse so the others can see him He looks at the scroll Tsyra is holding, stating. "Yes, I do have some skill in that area. I should be able to cast that spell."

He looks to Santiago, "Do you want me to try, Ago?"
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

Spoiler: personality test results
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278

Sol says, "We can probably take that time, though it stinks inside of this building, we should go outside. It's only a little bit of time, and it would save Tsyra's scroll from consumption."

Does any other prepared caster want to pray/ mediate/ study to reassign remaining spell slots? What about readied maneuvers?
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

"This is agreeable. I shall pray as well in the event there is need of the scroll in the future." At that, she returns the scroll to the pouch on her belt and heads outside.

Show
    Tsyra will will ready make it work in place of scything strike, and guarantee make it work in place of sabotage.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

Ozzy checks that their enemies are completely destroyed and that the larva followed their unfortunate hosts to the grave. ”Be wary friends for I have an inkling of what created these undead, known as Void Zombies, and that they were created extremely recently. Should we face these creature’s progenitor we must take care to avoid or quickly cure parasitic infection lest we have a larvae’s tail sticking out our jaw as we shamble about.”

Ozzy keeps an eye out for trouble as the rest of the party focuses on preparing to face further foes.

Show
    No Changes to Ozzy. He tends to mostly adapt in the middle of combat anyway.

11. - Top - End - #281

Everyone who is making changes have made their changes. Now what?
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Santiago will cast lesser restoration on himself

13. - Top - End - #283

Unfortunately, his spell only recovers a little bit of the blood drain he had suffered (1 STR).
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Santiago looks disappointed after casting his spell. ”I am still not at full strength, but I should be fine after some rest. Shall we move forward?”

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Tsyra nods. "I am ready to continue the search. Before we move to another building, I would like to count the bodies we saw earlier. The Cyphermages were said to have departed with a company of approximately twelve individuals. We encountered four as these so-called 'void zombies.' I wish to know how likely we are to encounter either more zombies or possible survivors of the attack."

She will then move to examine the corpses laying near the outside of the building.
    Last edited by rypt; 2022-11-18 at 05:50 PM.

16. - Top - End - #286

The corpses outside are not new, but ancient ... decades old, at least.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Santiago looks down at the old corpses. ”These must be some of witchlight’s first inhabitants, means there might be more cyphermage zombies around. It’s a shame they couldn’t be buried properly. Santiago will move check out the buildings to the northeast.

18. - Top - End - #288

Once outside, Kwava says, "My Ganmeed is wounded, but it seems healing is light in this group. I will have him keep watch safely out of the way."

As Santiago passes that first building to the north, he sees the outside portion of where that building's southeast corner had subsided. Avoiding the tower to the southeast for now, he continues to the northeastern building's door. The rest of the team follows.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Nodding in agreement with Kwava, Santiago will move to open up the door.

20. - Top - End - #290

Santiago opens the door. This building’s rotting timbers still bear flecks of colorful paint, a sign that it must have looked grand in its heyday. Now it is little more than a collapsing ruin.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

”Well if nobody else wants to enter this dark crumbling ruin, I will.” he will step inside to the east and begin looking around.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

Moving to the doorway, Ozzy eyes the building warily saying, ”Emphasis on crumbling there Ago. There may be something in there if it hasn’t been picked over since it was abandoned, but it could also fall over if we breathe too heavy. Judging by the paint there was wealth here at one point at least.”

After seeing if anything breaks with Ago’s passage, Ozzy will enter and look around.

23. - Top - End - #293

Yup, nothing of interest.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

Ozzy will take his leave of the oversized coffin that was once a serviceable building.

25. - Top - End - #295

There's one more smaller building before the main tower. Do you check there next?
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Exiting the crumbling building carefully after his tiefling comrade, Santiago will make his way over to the smaller building opening the door when he gets there.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Visto's mind was clearly elsewhere, since it took him this long to realize it, but his fellow avian was injured and he wants to take care of it. So he takes some time to heal up Ganmeed's wounds while the group is exploring.

Spoiler
    Show
    Visto will invest 2E into Unicorn Feathering and use it on Ganmeed.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

28. - Top - End - #298

As Sol and Ago head east, Kwava calls down Ganmeed for healing. I don't think the new members of the party have seen this before, so Visto's feathered arms turn white, the feathers taking on a more downy, very fine appearance, and he touches Ganmeed with Kwava's supervision. A few seconds later, Ganmeed's wound fully close, and Kwava and Ganmeed head up behind Ago. Ago opens the door, but the placement of the door is such that he doesn't really have too good a look inside, though just with opening the door, the building groans woefully.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Watching the building creak, Ago looks up at the roof with a scowl. He lets out a sigh of resignation before taking a step inside to look around. He mutters under his breath, ”don’t collapse, don’t collapse, don’t collapse.

30. - Top - End - #300

He goes in and sees another ruin of a building, much like the very first one.
    Show