New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Planescape adventures for 1st level.

One of my players wants to try out a planescape campaign and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a 1st level adventure for players new to 2e? It may be the start of a longer running episodic campaign or maybe something shorter just to try it out.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Planescape adventures for 1st level.

If you can get your hands on it, The Eternal Boundary is pretty good, from my recollection. It's a decent introduction to the setting, and is meant for 4-6 PCs of levels 1-3.

There's also Tales of the Outer Planes, which is a collection of short one-shots of varying levels, each quest focusing on a different plane of existence (the Prime, the Ethereal, the four Elementals, the Astral, two upper planes and two lower planes). I can't speak for the quality, though, I've never run or played it myself.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

I just read through the eternal boundary and I think it's great. This will definitely be their first or second adventure. I might run a short thing to get them to sigil first depending on the backstories they give me. They will all be primes.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Best of luck!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

It'^s third edition, not 2nd, but I think it should be fairly easy to adapt:
    https://de.scribd.com/document/28193...e-and-the-Dead

Desire and the Dead, a fan-made adventure for the 3.5 conversion of Planescape, written specifically to introduce people to the setting. Fairly open-ended and sandboxy, introduces people to the various factions, and I like it a lot. It's also set around the Mortuary and establishes the area as a sort of mini-setting.

I'm mentioning it also because in the past, I've connected it straight into The Eternal Boundary, the two go very well together and are set in some of the same locations.

The basic setup is that a group of adventurers is hired by district inhabitants to protect them (sort of Seven Samurai style) from various seemingly unconnected crimes and incidents, which all turn out to be connected and involving faction politics.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2022-07-25 at 04:22 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist