New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default A Champion needs help!

I'm building a Champion of Corellon and I don't have any idea on what I should pick on and what classes I should take... It's my first time to make a melee character (I've made plenty of wizards, a druid and a cleric though) so I'm a bit wary about picking my choices... Help please?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: A Champion needs help!

Level? Books available?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Level's 5 and books available are any as long as it's not obsolete. I find it hard especally for the feat stuff...

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by asphen fox View Post
    Level's 5 and books available are any as long as it's not obsolete. I find it hard especally for the feat stuff...
    How about Tome of Battle? There are some Crazy-Awesome stuff you can do with a Warblade or Swordsage.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Warblade? Actually... I was thinking of making that in some other campaign once I'm used to melee characters... Maneuvers might make playing a bit harder and I'd like to play as a Champion of Corellon at least once. This would probably be the last time i'll play as a champion. after this I'll start doing swordsages and warblades.

6. - Top - End - #6

You could try a paladin. Pick up Spirited charge, get as many multipliers to critical or power attack as you can, and blast people with thousands of damage.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

MAybe... Since paladin IS one of the best classes to start a champion with... might as well do it... and not matter which class i take... I'll never qualify for the PrC... yet. Suggestions to the multipliers for crits?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

The problem with Paladin is that you need five levels to get the special mount but CoCR doesn't advance mount progression.

I'd take Paladin2/Warblade5 and take the Leadership or Wild Cohort feat to get a good mount. If you don't want ToB classes in the build, make it Paladin3/Fighter4 instead. Or Ranger2/Paladin3/Fighter2 for more skillful, in-touch-with-nature elf.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show