New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Kill Six Billion Demons: The Universal War - IC

Chapter One: The Four-Fold Key

You are a demiurge. A Key of Kings shines on your brow, and you possess incalculable levels of power, separating you from the mortal worms that eke out their petty lives and perish as you remain untouched by the caress of centuries.

But demiurges can still fall, and indeed you have seen many succumb to death. The Universal war is in motion, and all the Wheel is aflame with war, famine, pestilence and death.

Your kingdoms have been ruined and despoiled. Perhaps your people are still alive, enslaved by some extraplanar warlord. Perhaps the planet has been cracked open like an egg, spilling its bounty into the waiting ship holds of plundering pirates. Whatever the cause, you have been left with nothing but what you can carry, and what little finery that can survive the violence you must carry out.

So each of you has found your way to the backwater planet of Tlito-Mo-Ek, a wretched hive of scum and villainy by all accounts. The Demiurge Vox Scras, Consecrator of the Pallid Flesh, claimed this universe for his domain some 12 years ago after a brutal and merciless conquest. The natives were placed in chains, hauled to the flesh markets to trade for pouches of effervescent blackglass and other tools of pleasure. Once the war erupted the corpulent demiurge fled here, hoping to remain hidden amongst his whores and holdings.

Your attack was quick, and without mercy. Amongst the smoldering timbers of his ruined palace, the four of you have met, seized his key, and completed your fateful pact with each other. You are decided on your course; To locate and slay as many demiurges as you can, to divide their keys amongst you and acquire ever more ludicrous amounts of power.

You have agreed amongst yourselves that you will set out on your conquest once the twin suns of Tlito-Mo-Ek rise over your resting place. The ruins of the castle are now deserted, as the soldiers of the dead demiurge have fled rather than risk dying at your hands, while the oppressed populace of this land sing and dance as news spreads about the death of the cruel tyrant.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

Welcome to the campaign. Let's get this ball rolling. OOC thread is here.

For your introductory post, I would like you to post a short vignette about your character. How was their world destroyed, how did they get here, and what is their reaction to this turn of events? Do they resent their new companions or feel relief? And how do they spend this one night of relaxation, as they prepare to take on the mightiest figures in the multiverse?

Perhaps you would like to muse on what you will do, once you have the power you desire.
    Last edited by Quantumphear; 2022-07-28 at 10:37 PM.
    Oh geez, this should probably be meaningful or something.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Kill Six Billion Demons: The Universal War - IC

Root

She left the gates to Yheba open and unguarded. All who find them and pass through will find a verdant paradise, a whole planet given over to the beauty and growth of nature. They will find fields of grain and orchards of ripe fruit, animals eating from the vine and branch while the food waits to be harvested. Flora and fauna of every stripe and color thrive in the wilds that cover the planet and in the overgrowth that is taking over the silent cities. No workers or citizens, laborers or soldiers will these new visitors find; only the animals that gnaw on their bones. Yheba is a bastion of life to everything and everyone, with the exception of humanity. For them, the planet is a tomb.

"This time will be different." Root says as she touches the wasteland soil and breathes life into the earth. "This time... they'll have balance." She smiles as the new shoots rise up and mix with her own vines. "This time will be different." The grasses take hold in the gritty dirt and spread over the cracked marble and destroyed masonry. Weeds turn into bushes which grow into tall oaks, covering the battlefield with a cool shade. "This time...I won't be here to go too far."

There were warning signs that she could have seen and pleading from her emissaries that she ignored. The people weren't strong enough, she was taking too much, too fast. She didn't listen, she could finally see the end of her quest; the whole planet covered in green, life blossoming from every creek and holler. A monumental task that required more power than she had, but there was a way, if the people were willing. Did they really have a choice? She didn't see the slowly emptying cities behind her: her vision was fixed on the horizon. When at last her epic was complete she was alone again. Her network was silent, her citizens drained of their life, fuel for her fusion.

She left them where they lie. Let nature grow solutions to it's problems. Leave a mystery for whoever finds her abandoned home. She needed a new world, wanted one that also needed her. She had been surprised to find other keybearers on Tlito-Mo-Ek. She had never had another Key in her network before. What wonders could they create together? Maybe she could reach beyond one planet, bring balance to a whole lattice of systems.

The dreams of the future glittered in the air above the wreckage of battle, mixing with death and the scent of blood. "I'm glad we're together. This time will be different."

Spoiler
    Show
    Her homeworld was destroyed by her quest to turn the entire planet into the wilds. Using advanced geomancy techniques to turn wasteland into jungle, she burned through her own spell points and drained the spell points of her network, causing death through mental ability damage to those in her network with spell points. Those without spell points instead suffered penalties that brought them to near brain-death and left them in a stupor, too weak to even feed themselves. Unable to think, they simply lay where they fell and starved to death.

Root extends an offer to her fellow Demiurges to join her network. If they do, she will expend Mythic power to apply two manabonds (Flow & Soulmate) to each recipient and spend the SP to make them permanent (they can still be broken). For her night on Tlito-Mo-Ek she wants to revive the earth of the ruined city and create an oasis for the survivors once the demiurges leave. She will also start to regrow her network, spending the night at the oasis and tending to the wounds of any survivors that show up. If/when they do, she will offer her blessing to them and welcome the willing into her system with a permanent Flow manabond.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aikio

As she drifted through the ruins of the palace, her mind turned to the past. A scant month before she had been at the fortress at the heart of her power, free to dictate reality as she wished and seemingly unassailable. Then the intruder had appeared and put paid to that notion; her armies broke on them like water on rock, while her own abilities did little more than slow them down, all while they'd laughed. In the end she only survived by bringing down her fortress on the intruder's head and using the opening to escape.

However, the bitter defeat also illuminated the way forward. The intruder had been nothing a year before, a petty warlord Aikio had ousted without much effort and hadn't bothered to hunt down. But somehow they'd acquired a Key of Kings and flipped the script. Moving quickly to throw off pursuit, Aikio hunted for a weak keybearer and eventually learned of Vox Scras.

Aikio was brought out of her reverie by the distant sounds of cheers. She shook her head. This wasn't the end by any means, merely the deep breath before the story next bloody chapter of this region would be told. It was not by their own hands they had been freed, and so when the next demiurge inevitably came they would be powerless to resist. They were ghosts, unable to meaningfully shape their own realities and so beholden to the whims of those who could.

But she herself was no different. It was not her will that her empire should be cast down, that she be shackled to these strangers. Yet it had happened all the same. A sense of unease filled her. These feelings of helplessness were familiar, and brought with them memories she preferred to keep buried. All the struggle for strength, all the war and death, and yet she was again reduced to that powerless child who could only watch as her sister died.

Aikio pushed down the feelings. This was different from before. The path forward was clear and had already yielded results. She could still master this universe; all she needed was the resolve to push forward, to break it to her will, no matter the cost. This bond seemed unbreakable, but she knew better than most just how fragile and transient such things were.

One day, she would remake the universe to her liking with none that could gainsay her, but for now the ruins of the palace would do. Aikio turns up her ghostly chorus of instruments to drown out the sounds of celebration and set to work.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Aikio's repairing/remodeling the palace along a general pattern of a fortress decorated like a lavish palace. It'd be a bit bare bones since she probably spent a lot of juice getting here, but she can still shift everything to iron with Philosopher's Touch and paint artwork on everything with Style from Light for free. She'll throw in a bunch of statues somewhere too.

Bit of fluff stuff: Aikio uses Telekinesis stuff to have a mid-sized orchestra follow her around and play music without actually using any instruments. She's also got a bunch of floating dishes of food and drink that follow her and feed her. She can paint complex designs on huge areas with the Light sphere as a standard action. So if you see a reference to music, eating, or painting, that's what's going on there.

4. - Top - End - #4

Root

Vines crawl along the top of a broken wall near Aikio and Root appears on top, sitting and listening to the contrast of orchestral music and the distant screams of the still suffering. After watching the maestro rebuild the ruined city for a while Root manages the courage to interrupt her. "I like your music. Is it your own composition or one of your favorite pieces?" The mass of vines and leaves sway and tap on the wall in time with the music, like a thousand tiny feet keeping the beat. "I never learned how to play an instrument...you usually need a body for those and I never felt at home in mine. My body, that is. Well, my old one, I guess. I wasn't born this way." She says. "This fits me right though, just took some time to find it."

Some of the vines raise up and point towards the ongoing reconstruction. "Is that what your home cities looked like? I couldn't really tell you about mine, spent most of my time away." Root looks away from Aikio with guilt on her face. "You look like you're doing fine, but is there anything you need I can do for you? I'm not a conjurer to compete with you but I've got some berries and fruit that will heal your injuries." She says and smiles. "They taste okay too, though probably not much to say against your floating feast."

Spoiler
    Show
    Harvest can make 50 magical berries that heal 1 HP each when eaten.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

5. - Top - End - #5

Aikio

Aikio was aware she was being watched, but that was hardly out of the ordinary; demiurges drew eyes wherever they went. It was uncommon for someone to speak to her though. She hadn't been shy about broadcasting her abilities, and judging by the ingratiating words they'd already reached the point where Root would ask her for something. That was how these things usually went. But it would be illuminating to learn what the request would be, and she was curious to learn more about the unusual creature. She turns to face Root, staring at her impassively for a moment, then waves a hand, reducing the volume of the music and changing it to something lighter and better suited to the background of a conversation.

"The compositions are my own. It is something to do while the rest of the world idles away in sleep." The reference to a different form prompts Aikio to take a moment to focus and inspect Root more closely. "The realization that one can change an unsuitable reality is liberating. An application of the Art? It is masterful if so."

"My cities had no coherent, lasting theme; I'd reshape them as the mood took me. Though without your gifts I was limited in scope. If not in your cities, where were you?"
    Aikio dismisses the next offer out of hand. "I provide for all my own needs." She gestures to the oasis Root created. "What prompted you to create that?"

Show
    Aikio examines Root using True Sight, which reveals the true form of polymorphed things. They're your character though Chambers, so I'm fine saying it doesn't work if you'd prefer.

6. - Top - End - #6

Root

Seen through the lens of true divination, Roots natural form looks like an afterthought. A leshy woman standing with slouched shoulders, her face barely shaping the contours of a mouth and eyes. Thousands of thin, stringy vines sprout from her to form a constantly moving mass of leafy green. When the swarm moves, the leshy moves first, jerking her limbs about to move the vines like a puppet doll controlling it's master. Root feels her intense stare and looks elsewhere. "It's magic, yes. Before I learned how to change the earth I had to shift myself." The leaves flutter as if being ruffled by a breeze and Root sighs, then smiles at Aikio. "Thank you for your words."

"The oasis is what I came here to do. I'd hoped to make more friends and new connections, let the people rise themselves up to deal with Vox in their own way. Whatever way that might have been. Meeting all you has changed that though, but I can still give the survivors something before we leave." Root gestures towards the oasis and plants that had been weeds moments before flower and bear fruit, the harvest spreading over acres.

"I had left our cities to do this. So much of my world was a wasteland, of one sort or another. I brought life to it." She says and thinks about the irony of that. Life to some, but not to everyone, right? "I wanted to rejuvenate this place, bring the people together, closer in ways that they've never been before." She says and slouches down on the wall. "Now it looks like I'm trapped under the Wheel. Keep spinning with it or be crushed."

Spoiler
    Show
    Using the Harvest talent and Vassalizing the needed spell points from one of her conjurations. I don't know how Spellcraft works for identifying talents being used and spell points spent and what not, but the point of it is for Aikio to see that Root isn't using spell points for the talent, when it obviously requires them.

7. - Top - End - #7

Imp

Han Dae-Wi

Approach at natural speed. Don't waste any movements. Conserve as much energy and momentum as you can.

Han Dae-Wi practiced his punch. Over, and over again. Hundreds of times, thousands of times, maybe even millions of times.

To anyone else, this simple repetitive motion may seem redundant, with every punch seemingly the same as every other punch. But nothing could be further from the truth. With each punch, he honed his skill. With each punch, he grew stronger.

He needed that strength. While he had gained immense magical power from they "Key" gifted to him from the Jade Emperor, its power was a double-edged sword. While he could access its low level Nature Magic without too much issue, bringing out it's mythical power took a toll on his body.

Of course, he didn't have the luxury of worrying about his body anymore. He had set out to defeat the demiurges, gather the keys and free the people of this world from this living hell. On such a path, it was clear that he would be forced to rely on the power of his key.

And so, he trained his body tirelessly. So that he could rely on it when he didn't need to use his Key. And so that he could rely on it, when he did need to use his key.

Approach at natural speed...

Spoiler
    Show

Looks like he mastered the basics.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2022-08-01 at 01:31 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8

Aikio

The look at the form behind Root's was fascinating, but it brought with it new questions. Which was truly her? The face she had made herself that she showed the world, the puppet queen seemingly bound but pulling its controller behind it, or some fusion of the two? Suspicion grew in Aikio's mind.

"This is no gift to the populace. The fear that kept them from overthrowing Vox will keep them from here. To them it looks like we're building a base, a place to return to. Only the truly desperate would dare pilfer from a demiurge's reserves, but every day they'll see it and be reminded of how tenuous their existence is." The spell Root cast was unquestionably intriguing. Aikio had ways of generating power, but they were inherently destructive; whatever this was seemed on a different level entirely. The offer from before, to be able to completely surpass one of her few remaining limitations, was tempting. But she couldn't forget the puppet queen she'd witnessed earlier. Undoubtedly the offer would seem generous if she accepted, something that left Aikio holding the strings. But ties bound both ways, and in time she'd find herself dragged along to Root's whims like the plant form trailed the core.

"The wheel shackles us all, but the path we walk is the one to freedom. We chase strength and enlightenment, so that we can break our chains or recognize them for the feeble things they are, so that the wheel will turn to our desires instead of its own. We are shadows still yes, but one day we can be more."

9. - Top - End - #9

OldWizardGuy

James frowns at Aiko's words, but does not immediately refute them. The dark haired demiurge cleans unidentifiable fluids from their fight with their last opponent off his blade and otherwise cleans his gear. It's not strictly speaking required with the impervious nature of the equipment, but it was soothing to the inventor. His introduction to the machinations of the demiurges and the wider multiverse was a sudden, brutal and violent one. One that turned him from a brilliant samurai, favored by the lord of his continent into a man with no home and a scattered people. His armies and machines were smashed by the might of the demiurge and his forces. Moreover, he had the distinct impression that sending in armies was the now deceased demiurge's way of making it a game. Still, he was able to learn from these interactions, and when the demiurge decided that his game of 'smash every existing army on the planet one by one' was over and decided to start recruiting for the toy army he'd use on the next planet, James signed up. He wanted to be close to the demiurge to strike him down the moment there was an opportunity. A god he might have been, but even gods bleed. So he waited. And he learned. And when a ragtag group of upstarts and freaks looked like they could have even bloodied his nose and made him sweat for once, James took the opportunity to throw in his lot with them and deliver his toxins and his blade where they were not expected and helped to destroy the demiurge. When the dust cleared and those still alive were able to pick themselves up, he saw he had a key upon his brow. Or at least, a fragment of one. As much as he wanted to go back to his world to help rebuild, he knew he would just be putting a target on the back of every man woman and child who lived thereX. He wasn't strong enough even now. At least that's what he told himself. And it was true, but it was not the only truth. He was curious. There were so many new worlds to explore, and now he could see them all. Sure, there was fear, and a desire to get stronger, but he had never felt so challenged as he had since the now dead demiurge had arrived, and he had never felt so alive as when he managed to kill it. But that was enough reminiscing. To Aikio and Root he says "eventually there will be those who see this place who are greedy, curious, desperate or ignorant enough to come and stay. Your actions are not wasted, even if they are not as directly impactful as you might hope. And even if they don't show up, I would rather leave behind this as my trail than a barren wasteland"

10. - Top - End - #10

Lizardfolk

Night's caress withdraws as the dawning sun peeks over the horizon.

Your coalition makes ready to leave, packing away whatever might have tided you through the night; Perhaps you have sleeping gear and a cook-pot, or perhaps your ephemeral conjurations dissipate with the morning mist.

Making your way to the Magus Gate of this world is a sobering experience. It lies some five kilometres away from the ruined castle, and the trail of destruction you have left is evident. Some buildings are pocked with holes from the force of physical strikes, while others crumble from sheer destructive magics used on them. The residents of this area have worn out their joy with the night of celebration, and sullen, fearful faces peer out from hovels as you pass by.

It is of no consequence to you. The way is unbarred, and the Magus Gate activates easily at your touch. With a fizzle of arcane energy you pull your physical bodies into the Void.

This one lies at the end of a long chain of Magus Gates; Their connections are winding and erratic, hardly a highway and more of a set of lighthouses showing the bastions in a sea of darkness.

Spoiler: The Void
    Show

You must journey to the next gate the same way you came here. Traveling through the Void is a necessary part of using the Magus Gates, as physical distance means little here, and each step that you take here crosses millions, if not billions of equivalent distance. But for all its wondrous convenience, the path is not completely free of danger.

As you travel through the Void, you feel the sensation of being watched. It is a not an uncommon sensation, as all manner of ephemeral creatures dwell in this place between worlds. Both angels and devils call this place home, and reside here when they are not summoned to physical worlds. But there are rarer creatures that also dwell in the infinite shadows of this realm, and unprepared travelers have been known to go missing without a trace.

Spoiler: Quote Dump
    Show

“Retain not the beast of burden as your pack animal – being made from the effervescent heat of the Flame Immortal, the animal possesses such a weak Atum that he will disperse upon entrance into the Void.

Troublesome as it may be, the only reliable way to carry your heavy cargo is by use of a sorcerer or devil binder who will surely gouge a great chunk of Profit for his services. The Shades of the recently dead are too numerous to count, pliable, and lack awareness – for this they are perfect mounts. The Thrull, the Follower, the Necked – these are fine and cheap forms of Shade and easy to warp.

The only other way is by use of automatons, which will decay rapidly if left unattended, and the poor man’s way, which is by foot. But the stride of the poor man is not lined with gold.”

-Void Trader’s manual, early circulation (Copy purchases from Yellow City underwarrens circa 600 S.C.).

Thankfully, your trip is uneventful. A timeless age later, you reach the end of this particular path and activate the Magus Gate, pulling yourself into this new world as your physical body reforms around you.

You are greeted by a scene of devastation. It is immediately obvious that this location was recently some form of camp, a minor stronghold filled with guards ready to confront any traveller through the Gate. It is now a mess of splintered palisades and broken corpses. You are not alone either; A small gaggle of impromptu tents huddle underneath one of the remaining stone walls of the edifice. A number of ragged-looking men and women turn to look at you with hollow eyes. They are all of swarthy complexion, and many wear turbans of a complex and multicoloured weave. In contrast, their uniforms would be identical, were it not for the stains and muck covering them; Blue surcoats, with leather and steel armor tinged of subtle green.

There is a moment of consternation, and they clearly consider going for their weaponry. But before they can do so, a weary grey-haired man strides up to you, favoring his left leg as he maneuvers a makeshift crutch. With a wince, he draws in his injured leg to deliver a crisp salute, thumping his forearm against his chest. He begins addressing you with a level tone, delivering a military report as a thin trail of blood slithers down his leg.

"Gold-Leaf Drillmaster, Ramilu Paravashna, reporting! You must be allies of the Lord; Many blessings upon you, Preem Pankrators, and may Golden Boratus favor you with his silver scales.

Your arrival is timely indeed, for Lord Vashna has set upon the invading host but recently. He has gathered a levied force of some hundred thousand conscripts, as well as his elite guard, and the two hosts make battle not far from here. They have been warring for little over 7 suns, but our soothsayers have not been able to determine any certainty in the outcome. While our detachment was incapacitated by the surprise of the attack and are unable to march, I am sure that Preems of your countenance would be able to make it there within little time at all."

He remains in his salute, resolutely staring at whichever of you takes the lead.

Spoiler: Perception DC 20
    Show

Smoldering timbers and cooling corpses indicate that violence was recently visited upon this place, no more than two or three days ago.

Spoiler: Perception 30
    Show

All of the bodies lying unburied wear the same uniform as the soldiers before you. However, the trampled mud indicates that many soldiers recently traveled through the Gate and onwards; Perhaps one hundred, perhaps ten times as many.

Spoiler: Perception 50
    Show

There is a faint sound, echoing over the mountaintops to the west. It appears to be singing, or perhaps chanting. The tune is heavy, rancorous, and gets the blood boiling, although the words are beyond distinguishing from this position.

Spoiler: Sense Motive 10
    Show

It appears that this fellow has mistaken you for allies of his lord. Evidently the resident demiurge has called for assistance. Perhaps this is an opportunity to fish for information?

Spoiler: Sense Motive 30
    Show

The man in front of you is not entirely trusting of you; A gleam of suspicion hides in his eyes, and his tense shoulders betray his otherwise professional appearance.

Spoiler: Knowledge: Nobility 10
    Show

Lord Vashna Pararamsha is a elderly demiurge, one of the original god-kings who ascended to power after Zoss opened the way to Throne. Despite his power, he is somewhat of a recluse, and withdrew from courtly affairs comparatively early in the reign of Zoss-. Now that the Second Conquest has rumbled into the all-consuming war that now rages across the Multiverse, it is known that the demiurge has remained within his territories, caring for little other than preserving his kingdom and repelling those who would destroy it.

Spoiler: Knowledge: Nobility 30
    Show

Lord Vashna is known to be a paragon of martial excellence, especially proficient with halberd and bow. He boasts exceptional mastery of the Shivering Arrow discipline, a martial art famous for launching fearsome projectiles an impossible distance. When sheltered within the howdah of his favoured mount, the Lord makes for a fearsome artillery position, piercing those who would assault him with a hail of blazing arrows.

Spoiler: Knowledge: Nobility 50
    Show

For Lord Vashna to raise a host of conscripts is atypical for the proud warrior. His worlds are known for the cultivation of an elite guard that pass their positions on from parent to child, raising entire lineages of warrior-adepts. The demiurge must be unable to bring his usual guards along, or feels he is in need of extra manpower to face the threat that he has confronted.

Show

You must spend a use of Mythic power to open the Magus Gate and pass through into the Void. You may choose whether to leave this one open or to close it after you. Likewise, someone must spend a use of mythic power to open the Magus Gate from the Void. Opening this second gate will alert the owner of this area. Be ready.

Just this once, we'll move quickly to the action. In future you'll have full opportunity to explore off the beaten path or otherwise get yourself into trouble.
    Last edited by Quantumphear; 2022-08-04 at 09:57 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Aikio

Aikio barely sees the devastation on the way to the Magus gate, or the people for that matter. An enhanced sense rendered things insubstatial, and all of it was familiar in any case, not worth the effort of focusing on to make out the details. Instead, she drifts through surrounded by a cloud of her own luxuries to shut out the world with a better one of her own making.

The Void is not as alien a place to her as it is to many. In the shadows of reality it was laid bare for all to see just how brittle the whole thing was, from the shades of humanity to how objects would crumble to dust without a will to hold them together. But she already knew these things and lived with them daily. In a way, it was almost reassuring, a way to better prepare herself for the coming conflict. It was her understanding of the fragility underlying existence that allowed her to so easily change it. Seeing it like this just reinforced that.

Aikio takes a moment to consider things after emerging from the portal. She could head directly to the battle, but Vashna Pararamsha had been at this a long time, to say nothing of whatever foe he was engaged with. They were exceedingly skilled, and she was not yet at a point where she could dismiss that out of hand; whatever information she gathered before entering the fray could mean the difference between victory and annihilation. She casts a spell to help her make out the distant music, then focuses her attention on Ramilu Paravashna. She could bandy words with the insignificant man, playing along with the fiction he wished to be true or crush his will entirely, but his loyalty to his lord would complicate and greatly slow matters. It was so much easier to simply take what she wanted, cutting through the games to look at his inner thoughts. Aikio stares intently, not speaking a word.

Show
    Aikio always has Unobscured Vision active, letting her see into and through solid matter, so everything tends to be pretty ghostly to her unless she focuses on something specific.

Before going through the Magus Gate to the current location, she casts Energy Satellite, giving her four of those for about an hour.

She flexes into the Sniper's Eye Sense talent (reduce distance based Perception penalties by 1/cl [25]) and Detect Surface Thoughts from the Scout sphere. She casts Sniper's Eye, trying to hear the distant music/chanting more cleary, scouts Ramilu Paravashna, which tells her his BAB and base martial spheres known, then focuses on him until the full effect of Detect Surface Thoughts comes up, though she might be interrupted in that time.

I'm perfectly okay with some handwaving about the BAB/base spheres thing or just ditching it; not every NPC is going to be statted out, and it might just be too much of a hassle. Detect Surface Thoughts technically doesn't allow a save, but it really should so feel free to throw one on there.

12. - Top - End - #12

Root

The Void is a new and disturbing experience for Root that she's not used to yet. There's life here, but not as she understands it. Seeing without eyes, hearing without ears, breathing without lungs; when is a thing no longer living but an automaton, a mimicry of life? Even the frightened soldiers that greet them on the other side are a welcome relief to Root. She understands them, can understand their pain. She listens to the officer give his report and looks past him at the weary soldiers.

She shrinks down her vines and leaves down to a more subdued appearance so as not to frighten them more. Small berries appear in tiny pools of water held in cupped leaves. "You are injured." She says to the soldiers, walking past the officer. "Eat them and they'll heal some of your wounds." Taking care not to approach the injured too closely, she places the berries in small groups where the soldiers can come and collect them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Offering the magical berries from her breakfast. She has 50 of them and each heals 1 HP.

Current Manabonds
    - Conjuration Companions (5): Flow
    - Han Dae Wi: Flow & Soulmate

Spell Points: 69/78
    Companion Reserve: 105/105
    Mythic Power: 2/5
    Last edited by Chambers; 2022-08-10 at 11:29 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Imp

Han Dae-Wi address the guard. First, he closes his eyes and bows. As he does so, his upper body tilts from 180 degrees to 135 degrees. His right hand is placed gingerly on his left shoulder, while his left arm remains at his side. While maintaining this stature, Han Dae-Wi will begin to speak.

Spoiler: This Pose
    Show

"Thank you for the information. Can you please provide precise coordinates so that we may arrive at the side of Lord Vashna? Also, please alert us to any dangers or traps to watch out for, so we do not waste any time. We aim to bring an end to this war before a fortnight's end." Han Dae Wi asks calmly.

"One more thing," and at this, Han Dae Wi will open his eyes and look directly at the guard, "What is the purpose of that chanting I seem to be hearing?"

Spoiler: Bluff Check
    Show
    (1d20+50)[64]
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2022-08-10 at 09:50 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

Lizardfolk

As Han Dae-Wi addresses the drillmaster the soldier finishes his salute, turning his wary eyes to the bowing demiurge. Without taking his eyes off the group he gestures towards the mountain range to the west of you.

"Perhaps you can hear the sounds of battle from where you stand. I am unaware of any obstructions along the route; Lord Vashna marched through this very gate directly towards where the invaders had made camp."

Spoiler: Aikio
    Show

You are able to successfully scout the drillmaster, determining that he has BAB 10, as well as the martial spheres of Scout, Warleader and Gladiator.

His surface thoughts are complicated; He is currently worried that you might be enemies, and is determined to fight you if you act hostile in any way. He is very well aware that he and his soldiers cannot meaningful harm you, but is willing to spend his life all the same.

That being said, he also contains a well of hope; Perhaps you are indeed allies of Lord Vashna, here to assist with the removal of the foul invaders.

Spoiler: Root
    Show

The Drillmaster tenses up as you walk past him, though he does not otherwise react. The soldiers are thoroughly unsettled as you walk among them, although they thank you for your gifts. With hesitant looks at each other they each eat a single berry, but it is your gifts are not met with the welcome they deserve, however much they might be needed.

Show

You can get precise coordinates from the soldiers, but it is somewhat unnecessary. Travel west across the mountain passes, and you will find a battlefield where a hundred thousand men fight and die.

Now is the time to ask any final questions you might have, as you will be entering combat within the day. It would also be a good time to have any long-duration buffs prepared.
    Last edited by Quantumphear; 2022-08-12 at 07:32 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Imp

"So be it. If you have any information about what we're up against, now is the time." Han Dae Wi says to the guard seemingly slightly disappointed that there wasn't more to the sounds he heard, before he turns to address the rest of the party.

"Alright guys, it's go time. Anyone who needs help covering long distances in relatively short periods of time, let me know. I might be able to throw you."

Once preparations are set, before the team heads out, he will look back to the guard one last time, and ask, "Out of curiosity, what would your vision be...of an ideal world?"

He doesn't expect an answer, but he is interested in knowing how the soldier reacts to the idea. Regardless of what the answer is, he will turn forward, and set out to the battlefield with the rest of his friends in tow.

Spoiler: Pre-Buffs
    Show

• Death Warden's Bandolier
      • Spend 1 Mythic Power to cast a 24 hour Death Ward on all allies.

• Protection Sphere Aegis (10 hour duration, recast every 10 hours)
      • Fateless
        • Always get a save vs curses.
        • +4 morale vs Divinaiton, Fate Sphere, & curses
      • Impartiality
        • Treated as having no alignment for all effects.
        • Effects dependent on alignment have no affect on protected creatures.
      • Inner Peace
        • Always get a save vs MAGICAL fear/emotion/mind-affecting effects.
        • +4 morale vs magical & mundane fear/emotion/mind-affecting effecs
        • +4 morale to bluff (conceal emotions or relay secret messages) & diplomacy (influence attitude to calm)

• Fate Sphere Motifs (10 hour duration, recast every 10 hours)
      • Temperance
        • Reroll natural 1s on attacks and saves. Cannot reroll again on a second natural 1.
        • Can discharge this effect to reroll any save (before results are revealed), regardless of roll. Can reroll the aforementioned second natural 1.
      • The Chariot
        • +3 insight on saves vs effects that would prevent them from acting or make them staggered.
        • Can discharge to ignore one such effect for 10 rounds, even if you would not otherwise be able to act.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2022-08-12 at 10:19 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Root

"I know we look different." She says to the frightened soldiers, making sure to keep out of their reach so to not aggravate their injuries. "But we're a lot alike in many ways. We all need rest, and cool water and shade sometimes." Her vines dig into the earth and trees begin to sprout and grow tall. Within moments they bloom and a canopy forms overhead, creating a shelter from the harsh environment. "It seems we have to go. Be well."

Spoiler
    Show
    Root will use Create Nature/Shelter twice, making a shaded area of 40ft.

Plant: Shelter: Instantaneous, requires tree or branch. You may spend a spell point to reshape a tree to create a shelter. Use the Pummel geomancing ability to determine the hit points and size of a shelter based on the tree used (the radius of the shelter is the reach of the tree or branch used). Creatures and equipment under the shelter suffer no harm from being in a hot or cold environment, and can exist comfortably in conditions between –50 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit (-45.5 and 60 degrees Celsius) without having to attempt Fortitude saves. In addition, the shelter provides protection against other environmental hazards such as smoke, lack of air, and so forth, however the vessel does not protect against any environmental damage such as cold or fire damage. The shelter also provides cover (+4 AC, +2 Reflex saves) to and from those inside, and hostile creatures cannot enter the shelter without first destroying the shelter. However, if the tree or branch used to create the shelter is destroyed, the effects of the shelter immediately end.

Current Manabonds
    - Conjuration Companions (5): Flow
    - James Bronson: Flow & Soulmate
    - Han Dae Wi: Flow & Soulmate

Spell Points: 63/78
    Companion Reserve: 105/105

17. - Top - End - #17

Aikio

She continues staring at the soldier intently, peeling back the surface to peek at the thoughts beneath. His resolve in the face of the unassailable was impressive, but ultimately it was as meaningless as he was. If he could affect the battlefield he would be on it, and a show of defiance at the end counted for little.

"In addition to anything you know of the invaders themselves, tell us what tactics Lord Vashna has attempted so far; it wouldn't do for us to repeat mistakes.

Before setting out, Aikio casts a spell and sets her music to something strident and forceful.

Show
    Aikio will continue Detecting Surface Thoughts on the drillmaster while their conversation continues.

Aikio will cast Temporal Haste on the party before they leave. That's a 60 ft. enhancement bonus to movement speed, +3 to attack and Reflex saves, +1 attack on a full attack or +6 AoOs, and an additional move or swift action. It last for 5 minutes and 2 rounds (I forgot to factor in Extend Spell in the OOC thread).

If there's a good moment before the battle proper, Aikio will cast a Pawstponed Restrictive Casing on herself and anyone else that wants it; that can only be delayed 26 rounds max though and automatically triggers at the end, so she's gotta be a bit closer to the action to use it. Her triggering condition for it for herself is if she would be hit by an attack.

Aikio also has an active contingency: if she's grappled or impaled, warp as far away from the assailant as possible (300' max).

She's got 51 spell points left (49 if she can do the Pawstpone thing); I'll get the rest of the statblock put together once combat starts.

18. - Top - End - #18

Lizardfolk

Default Kill Six Billion Demons: The Universal War - IC

The drillmaster curtly responds that not only is he not privy to Lord Vashna's battle tactics, he knows precious little of the invaders; The most that he can give you is that they appear to be a company belonging to organisation known as the Knights Belligerent, and they were led by a heavily armored human who wielded both fell sorcery and martial prowess. He also admits that he was indisposed during the battle, as some of his soldiers inexplicably turned on him as the invaders arrived and made battle. With a little inspection you can determine that many of the blows suffered by him and his fellow soldiers seem to have been inflicted by the very same model of scimitars and pikes that they wield.

The drillmaster pauses to consider Han's question.

"A serene realm of justice and honour."

You feel his piercing gaze upon your back as you leave.

Your questions may not have been entirely answered to your satisfaction, but you will have to make do with what you have been told.

Show
    Once again I'll be speeding this up so we can get to the good stuff. James Bronson will be teleporting your group to the location, which takes around 4 rounds to get you all there. You have this time to deploy your short-duration buffs. Beyond the Knowledge checks below, you may also ask whatever questions you wish of the Belligerent Knights in the OOC thread, if you wish for more information.

Spoiler: Knowledge (History) DC 10, or Knowledge (Nobility) DC 20
    Show

The Knights Belligerent are one of the four most prolific knightly orders found across the multiverse. Glory hounds, battle berserkers and savage raiders all find their place within this disreputable order, and in this time of war and ruin they are unrepentant in enjoying the opportunity to engage in endless despoliation. Each Belligerent Knight is a master of combat, but many of them desire battle to a sickening extent, and many have been known to cut down innocents just to bathe their swords in blood.

Spoiler: Knowledge (History) DC 30 or Knowledge (Nobility) DC 40
    Show

While the Knights Belligerent adamantly admit that they serve no master beyond their own swords, it is well know that they hold as many as 4 Knight-Captains in high esteem, rallying to their cause to form great crusades that have burned their way across many worlds. All of these Knight-Captains are champions amongst champions, and each has earned their position through violence and defended it with even greater cruelty.

You gather together as one of your number conjures the energy required to teleport towards the source of the chanting. You have been given somewhat accurate directions to an otherwise nondescript mountain valley some 250 miles away, and are perfectly placed upon a ridge that overlooks the entire valley. Upon arriving, you can all now hear the crashing voice reverberating over the mountaintops, and with a start you realise that there is a phenomenal power infused into the sound of this echoing voice...

Spoiler: DEIFIC TALENT: CHORUS LIKE THUNDER
    Show

Your voice and your music penetrate all non-magical barriers and can be audible for up to ten miles per BAB (although it's not necessarily louder). You may pitch your shouts and music in such a way that only particular individuals or groups can hear them, and can hear any replies as long as people sing them. Allies and enemies within the range of this chorus sound are considered to be within range for the effects of your boasts and demoralizations (though some talents have other requirements for use, and this does not remove those).

Whether by magic or by fleetness of foot, you can make your way to valley of which you have been told. As you approach the sounds become ever more strident in nature, but it is only once you crest the final mountain pass that you can determine the words that are being sung with a savage roar.

"KILL, MAIM, BURN, STEAL-
    GRIST FOR THE MILL, FUEL FOR THE WHEEL!

STRENGTH IS OUR GOD, AND OUR GOD IS CRUEL-
    IF OUR GOD SHOULD FAIL US THEN WE'LL KILL HIM TOO!

As you stand upon the valley ridge, the pounding sounds of battle crash over you in waves. And with this comes a surge of magic...

Spoiler: HOSTILE EFFECT
    Show

Please make a DC 45 Will save. This is a spell, and is aligned with the Warp sphere. Each of you is being targeted by the spell, and it has been enhanced with mythic power.

Spell resistance check: (1d20+30)[41]
    If this does not beat your spell resistance (if any) the spell fails to take effect on you.

Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 40
    Show
    This spell is using the Teleport function of the Warp sphere, as well as the Unwilling Teleport, Mass Teleport, and 3 instances of the Ranged Warp talents.

Last edited by Quantumphear; 2022-08-18 at 01:26 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19

Lizardfolk

The four of you have arrived in the contested valley, and below you lies a battlefield wracked with war and warp.

Several kilometres away, at the nadir of the valley, you can see the location where the Knights Belligerent and Lord Vashna's host are fighting. However, it is clear that the area is warped by a titanic manifestion of magic. It appears like a bubble from which neither army can escape, such that the writhing mass of combatants remains within the circular area.

Spoiler: Perception Check - DC 50 (Increased by 10 through distance modifiers)
    Show

Your powers of observation perceive that the two armies seem to be incredibly imbalanced; Lord Vashna's forces seem to contain over 10,000 men, and yet these forces are in complete disarray. The blue hues of their armor are stained with muck and blood, and whole formations of men seem to be shifting and breaking as the beleaguered soldiers try to break and flee. In contrast, there are comparatively fewer of the Knights Belligerent, their gleaming red armor showing that they number less than 1000. However, they seem to be on the offensive, as squads of red rush into brigades of blue, cutting down all that come within their reach.

Spoiler: Perception Check - DC 60 (Increased by 10 through distance modifiers)
    Show

As you peer at the blue formations, you realise one of the reasons for them being in disarray; The peasant levies seem to be fighting amongst themselves. Even as you watch, a knot of resistance comes undone as a sergeant bellowing orders promptly turns and cuts down the lieutenants beside him, and the entire squad of 500 is immediately savaged as a band of ten rose-stained knights trample through them.

Furthermore, you spot near the centre of the bubble a small number of elephantine corpses, with shattered howdahs burning atop the fallen titans. If Lord Vashna is to be found anywhere in this chaos, it will be here.

Spoiler: Spellcraft Check - DC 50 (Increased by 10 through distance modifiers)
    Show

Your powers of spellcraft tell you that this bubble of magic is applying the Looped Space effect to the area. However, the area seems to be massively increased, such that the resulting effect covers a radius of more than a kilometre, instead of the usually small enclosure this would create.

It is clear that this magic is Deific in scope, and is beyond the capabilities of mortal magic to break. However as you ponder this conundrum, there is a gleam of magic from the melee below you, and hostile magic tugs at your body and spirit.

Han Dae Wi and Aikio are able to resist the pull, and after a moment the energies dissipate, leaving the two of you remaining on the cliff.

James Bronson and Root are not so lucky. The magic pulls at your being and you are whisked away. Your destination is evident the moment you arrive; You are right in the middle of the frantic melee, and it is like a scene from Hell itself. Screams, gurgles and roars of violence permeate the air. Blood soaks the ground, mud churned into morasses that swallow up corpses like a living beast. Fire crawls upon the ground, smoke hangs upon the air, and through it all you see the soldiers of the two armies tearing at each other in a frenzy.

Before you lies a clearing of sorts, a deceptively quiet area within the chaotic battlefield. Two men sit before you, lazily sprawled atop the corpse of the largest elephant of the lot.

Spoiler: The Knight
    Show

MARS PALLATRIX, BELLIGERENT BODYGUARD

The lesser of the two is a burly man clad in blood-splattered full plate, but it is evident by his actions that he is subordinate to his companion. As you watch, he hefts a monstrously large greataxe, weighing the haft upon one palm as he leans towards you in anticipation of violence. Despite his martial poise, fell magics hang about him and you can tell that this knight is also gifted in sorcery.

Spoiler: The Lord
    Show

ARCHLEONE MITHRADITES PALLATRIX, FOURTH KNIGHT-CAPTAIN OF THE BELLIGERENTS, BEARER OF THE SHARD WAR

The second man commands your attention with both bearing and appearance. His armor is battered and stained by war, but tells of untold blades shattered upon its might. A blade of darkness is clutched in his right hand, and he reaches for a spear of light with his left. A set of shadowy wings unfurls behind him, wreathing him in unholy glory.

Most importantly of all, a halo of coruscating light hangs over his brow. He is a demiurge, with all the might carried by the Key of Kings that he holds with him.

The imposing lord rises to his feet and bellows in what seems to be an inhuman volume. As he does so, he extends a hand and surrounds you in baleful magics.

"MORE FUEL FOR THE FIRE. VERMIN, YOU STAND BEFORE A LORD OF THE BATTLEFIELD.

THIS IS MY COURT, AND I COMMAND YOU TO FIGHT FOR MY AMUSEMENT. SO SAYETH THINE LORD!"

Spoiler: HOSTILE EFFECT
    Show

Swift Action: Archleone uses Maven's Claim (Su), targeting James Bronson, Root, and an unnamed levy peasant with the ability - This makes you Claimed for ten rounds. Furthermore, he will as a free action he will double the penalties inflicted by this Claim. For as long as you are claimed, you suffer -6 to all damage rolls, as well as -6 to the save DCs of all your abilities.

Next, you also suffer a penalty to any attacks against Archleone equal to the number of Claimed creatures; This is currently -18 but will change throughout the battle. You also suffer a -2 penalty to skill checks and combat maneuver checks, as well as becoming Cursed (this condition does nothing by itself, but can trigger other effects) by Malevolence.

Furthermore, all claimed creatures are affected by Armageddon of Steel (Su): Any creatures claimed by the bloodmaven must make a will save at the beginning of their turn (DC 38). Failure indicates that they must attack or use offensive abilities against the closest creature to them, including allies, to the exclusion of all else.

Show

Here he is, the first demiurge for you to challenge. Defend yourself, or join the corpses lying beneath your feet.

There are 14526 combatants remaining.
    Last edited by Quantumphear; 2022-08-19 at 10:14 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Imp

Han Dae Wi Leaps Into Battle!

Spoiler: Opening Stance & Style
    Show

Spoiler: Specific Actions
    Show
    Beginning of Combat: Combat Style Master --> Fool's Errand Style --> Fool's Errand Scholar --> Extra Combat Talent --> Swift Movement (Athletics Sphere)
    Generate Animus: 1 + 10 (WIS) + 1 (Runic Singularity) = 12 Animus
    Generate Tension: 1 (Desperate Tension) + 1 (True Desperation) + 4 (Tension Boost) + 2 (Rising Tension) = 8 Tension
    Free Action: Berserking (-2 AC, +23 temp hp)
    God of the Hourglass Action: Move Action --> Elemental Glyph --> Darkness Element (Allies in sight have Concealment, Total Concealment, 60 ft Darkvision, 60 ft See Invisibility, 30 ft Blindsight) (-1 Animus)

Han Dae Wi begins by taking a breath and entering into a fighting stance. Taking breadth of all of his options, he focuses in on the number one threat and resolves to deal with it headfirst.

Spoiler: Movement
    Show

Show

Swift Action: Shift Stance --> Lesson IV: The Ladder (Fool's Errand)
    Free Action: Martial Glyph --> Targeting Self --> Fortified Heart (-1 Animus)
    Free Action: Blink Step --> Speed Step --> Generate 10 Leaps from stance (-3 TENSION)
    Free Action(s): Make 10 separate 40 ft leaps towards the enemy (10 ft leaps from stance, +30 ft leap distance from Swift Movement). Total distance traveled = 400 ft. (+1 Tension, Maneuvering Momentum)
    Temporal Haste: Swift Action --> Proof of Victory (Fool's Errand) --> Mirror Demon's Waltz (Shattered Mirror, teleport 1200 ft, enemies adjacent at start + end are cursed + flat-footed for 1 round)

Han Dae Wi jumps directly towards his opponent. Rather than falling due to gravity, however, he will kick off the very air itself in order to maintain the same direction and momentum. Doing this continually, he can travel over a hundred yards to his target. Once he enters into "Long" range of the Knight Captain, he will bend his knees and wind up to an insane degree. With a massive kickoff, he will cover all distance between him and the Knight Captain instantaneously, creating a small sonic boom in both his kickoff point and his touchdown point.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show

Show
    Free Action: Martial Glyph --> Ranged Touch Attack Targeting Knight Captain --> Spiritual Anchor (-1 Animus) <<EDIT: See next post for Spiritual Anchor's attack roll>> <<NOTE: This will provoke, if the enemy can ignore total concealment and isn't flat-footed>>

Free Action; Scout --> Instant Scout (-1 Tension)
    Perception Identification Scout Check: (1d20+50)[60]
    Move Action: Move up to 25 0 ft + Shove <<EDIT: See next post for Shove's attack & damage rolls>>
    Standard Action: Ready Counter Punch (Boxing Sphere) --> Corkscrew Setup
    Corkscrew Setup Attack: (1d20+42)[57]
    Corkscrew Setup Damage: 10 (CON) + 20 (BAB) = 30 (total)
    If Corkscrew Setup hits, then if Enemy moves, it must end it's move adjacent to me until the start of my next turn, unless it spends a swift action to make a CMB check vs my CMD

Beginning with the first of the 4 guardians, Fist of Black Tortoise, Han Dae Wi will attempt to make an attack to disrupt the opponent's attacks. This will setup his followup (readied) attack, the Kick of Red Phoenix, which will disrupt enemy's flow and balance.

Spoiler: Readied Attack
    Show

Show
    Readied Action Triggers:
    • Hostile creature attempts a non CMB attack roll
    • Hostile creature attempts a CMB check
    • Hostile creature attempts to move from their square
    • Hostile creature attempts a spell/SLA
    • Hostile creature attempts to speak

Readied Counter Punch --> Vital Tension (-1 Tension) + Critical Tension (-4 Tension) <<EDIT: Critical Tension is retroactive>>
    Counter Punch Attack: (1d20+42)[62] (auto critical) <<EDIT: I actually rolled a nat 20 on this, lol>> (+1 Tension, Offensive Pressure)
    Critical Confirmation: (1d20+52)[58] <<EDIT: -10 to confirmation roll, since I'm not using Critical Tension>>

Counter Punch Damage: (2d8+70)[81]
    Extra Critical Damage: (2d8+70)[80]
    Greater Vital Strike Damage: (6d8)[22]

Unorthodox Tactics (The Gifted Mythic Path) --> Free Move Action --> Shove --> Greater Shove
    Shove Attack: (1d20+42)[54] vs Touch
    Shove Damage: 8 (STR) + 10(1/2 BAB, Shove) + 10 (WIS) + 10 (1/2 BAB, Finesse Fighting) + 5 (ENH) + 5 (Imbued Strike) = 48 damage total
    Shove Movement = Move up to 25 40 ft away from enemy <<NOTE: This will provoke, if the enemy can ignore total concealment and isn't flat-footed>>

Unorthodox Tactics --> Negate any competence, insight, or morale bonuses against me until the end of my next turn.

Getting a bad feeling from this enemy, Han Dae Wi will also attempt to put some distance in between himself and his enemy after disrupting their balance a little. There's something he can't place, but he can tell that the enemy is strong. Incredibly strong.

Spoiler: Pool Tracking
    Show
    Total Animus = 12 - 1 - 1 - 1 + 1 (initiated a maneuver this round) = 10 Animus
    Total Tension = 8 - 3 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 (+1 from Critical Offense if critical hits confirm) = 5 - 6 Tension

Han Dae Wi is granted Sanguine Perfection as a readied maneuver!
    Remaining Withheld Maneuvers
    • Elemental Breach
    • Judgement Day
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2022-08-21 at 06:00 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

Root

What a senseless waste. Root thinks after she's yanked through the aether and sees the blood and death around her. And them just standing by, watching the slaughter. When the Knight-Captain extends his Claim over Root, she frowns. This was the opposite of a familiar feeling, like experiencing a memory of someone else. Was this what it felt to be a node in her network?

Maybe this was how the warlord controlled his knights. "You wish to merge? Is this waste of life all you have to share?" She says, her vines flailing with anger as the insects raise their keening. She beats down the violent compulsion for the moment and moves towards the two knights. "I will share my bond with you, but first we stop the slaughter." Still shaking from the barely repressed urges, she reaches down deep into the earth. The ground shakes until the whole battlefield is quaking, then jungle trees and bushes shoot up from the ground, impeding the battle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Start of turn. Drain 5 Spell Points from her Conjurations.
    Move: Closer to the Knights but would like to stay about 15ft away from them.
    Standard: Use the Rapid Growth talent to change the terrain in a 1/2 mile radius to Jungle. She forces one of her Conjurations to pay the spell point cost. Root will use the talent defensively (DC 40) with a bonus of +40 to her check.

Spell Points: 68/78
    Companion Reserve: 97/105

22. - Top - End - #22

Imp

Spoiler: Edited Extra Rolls From Last Post
    Show

Spiritual Anchor Attack: (1d20+37)[53] vs Touch
    If it hits, enemy is affected by dimensional anchor for 11 rounds

Shove Attack 1: (1d20+42)[56] vs Touch
    Shove Damage 1: 8 (STR) + 10(1/2 BAB, Shove) + 10 (WIS) + 10 (1/2 BAB, Finesse Fighting) + 5 (ENH) + 5 (Imbued Strike) = 48 damage total

Counter Punch --> Terrifying Hook --> Free Intimidate Check to demoralize
    Intimidate: (1d20+40)[41]

23. - Top - End - #23

Aikio

It was time to see the worth of this little alliance. In a blink, James Bronson and Root were whisked away, unable to resist the teleportation magic. Han Dae Wi immediately jumps after them, heading to the same spot their enemies had forcibly teleported the other two, heedless of any traps. And then Root transforms the whole area to jungle, blocking any shot she might've taken from her position. Aikio sighs. If they die, you die, she reminds herself before teleporting into the bubble and moving closer, though she keeps some distance between herself and the main confrontation for now.

Show
    Aikio will flex into Distant Teleport, Athletics (Fly Package), and Swift Movement with her first swift action, teleports 1200' as a standard action (400+20*40), and moves 180' closer with a move action. She'll try to avoid having line of sight/effect with the two Belligerent Knights for now. With her second move action, she'll maintain Master of Mysteries. With her second swift action, she'll flex into the True Rage feat, then the Guardian sphere and Cold Iron Call.

She flexes by way of Mystic Adaptation, which is free thanks to Spellsword. She flexes into magic talents by way of Cultivate Ki for Extra Magic Talent.

She's got a Haste effect, augmented by Improved Haste and Temporal Haste, active, which is where the second move action comes from.

She gets two swift actions by way of the Incanter Time sphere specialization, which she gets from a Specialist's Staff.

24. - Top - End - #24

OldWizardGuy

Using a series of short range teleports that look like the soldier cutting holes in the air and leaping through, James is easily able to keep up with the others, making his way towards their next foes. When the teleport trap hits James is insulted by it's effectiveness and immediately blinks toward his foe and brings his custom blade down on the foe who has cursed him, trying to prove that in spite of all that has been done in that first round to impair him that he was still a threat to be taken seriously. Should his blade land it triggers an explosion of withheld force, thunder and fire, adamantine weapon weapon channeling tremendous power through it

Spoiler: pre-fight buffs
    Show

Casting precognition, offensive for a +7 to hit l for the next 20 minutes,
    Casting Fiery Runes on my sword and storing a casting of force punch in my sword with my swift glyphs feature from greatmind
    will also be coating the sword in alchemy sphere base poison (taking 2 swift, one standard and one move action to buff)

Spoiler: actions
    Show

[roll]1d20+56[/dice] to hit sword
    [roll] 4d10+5+10+5+12+21d6-6[/roll] sword damage, the 21d6 is electric damage
    [roll] 1d20+41 [/roll]disarm, assuming sword swing hits
    (1d20+30)[36]to hit gun touch ac
    [roll]1d6+10+12+5+1d6-6[/roll] gun damage, that final d6 is cold
    (1d20+32)[47] trip
    [roll]
    5d4+5[/roll] fiery runes damage if sword hits
    (1d20+20)[21] SR check FR
    (10d4)[29] force punch damage
    (1d20+20)[21] force punch SR check, fort save or be pushed back 50ft. This does not reduce damage.
    if sword misses, force punch and fiery runes are not triggered and will remain charged in the sword

25. - Top - End - #25

Lizardfolk

Spoiler: Auras
    Show

Archleone has the following auras active; You are able to sense them as soon as you come into range, though not all of the effects are apparent.
    Aura of Cowardice: Enemies within 10ft take a -4 penalty to fear effects, and lose any immunity to fear.
    Aura of Despair: Enemies within 10ft take a -2 penalty to saves - This does not stack with Aura of Cowardice
    Aura of Absolution: ?
    Aura of Depravity: Enemies within 10ft take a -4 penalty to compulsion effects.

Since we aren't using a map or any formal positioning, I'll consider you only to be affected by these auras if you're directly in melee with Archleone (adjacent or close enough).

Han Dae Wi plummets out of the sky in a blur of violence, unleashing blasts of physical and magical violence in an attempt to bring low the demiurge. The demiurge turns to meet him, reaching out with a iron-shod that burns with a black flame. The first strike by Han meets steel armor and Archleone sends black tendrils of magic surging down the contact point, to the detriment of Han. He leans forward to mock the martial artist, hot breath steaming through his helmet as his mocking retort suddenly explodes into a exhortation of violence.

"YOU THINK TO CHALLENGE ME, MAGGOT? I SHALL DROWN YOU IN YOUR OWN SHREDDED GORE. I LOOK FORWARD TO STOMPING ON YOUR CORPSE!"

Han uses the moment to launch another barrage of attacks, and after a breathless moment of parrying and counter-parry Han dashes away, leaving Archleone standing in the same place he began.

As this happens Root completes a spell, and in a few moments an entire jungle bursts out of the ground across the entire battlefield; Trees grow to maturity in the span of seconds and stretch into the sky, many carrying mangled bodies upon their branches, and there are cries of alarm and fear as platoons are cut off from each other, some places going entirely dark as leaves blot out the sun over the terrified spearmen. The Belligerents for the most part are imperturbable and continue with their slaughter; However they are inconvenienced by the terrain and find it harder to assault the few troopers that are using the plants for cover.

Aikio teleports closer, using the time to vent magical energy into herself to increase her prowess, new trees for cover. She is careful to remain out of sight of the Demiurge and his bodyguard, finishing her dash behind a particularly large set of intertwined trees. However, this particular spot is already occupied...

Not to be left behind, James Bronson teleports next to the armored lord and attempts a combination of attacks. Bullets buzz past the demiurge as he raises an armored fist, catching Bronson's sword as it sings down with murderous intent; Despite the force behind the blow and the magic convulsing around the impact point, Archleone shoves the blade away from himself and James is forced to disengage or see his blade crunched in a mailed gauntlet.

Spoiler: Resolving attacks and reactions//OOC:
    Show

This section is for confirming which attacks hit, miss or are countered in some way, including reactions or attacks of opportunity.

Archleone becomes cursed from Mirror Demon's Waltz, but does not gain the flatfooted condition. Han makes a ranged touch attack, triggering an attack of opportunity. Using energetic response, Archleone makes a melee touch attack, attempting to deliver the following Destructive Blast.

Spoiler: Blast of Opportunity
    Show

Melee touch attack against Han: (1d20+40)[55], using Pierce the Veil to negate his 50% miss chance.
    Damage (13d8)[61] - This is fire damage that ignores 26 fire resistance. Fire Immunity is treated as 40 fire resistance.
    Blistering Blast inflicts -2 to fortitude saves for (1d4)[1] rounds.

If this attack of Opportunity hits, he will also use his Faithrender (Su) ability to attempt a dispel magic against Han.
    Magic skill check/caster level check: (1d20+20)[31] vs a DC of (CL + 11)

Han's Spiritual anchor will strike Archleone, who will use Shrug It Off as an Immediate Action.
    Survival check: (1d20+44)[48] - If this result equals or exceeds the attack roll (of 53) then the effect is negated.

Han's Scout is successful; He learns that Archleone has DR 20/-, as well as fire, electricity, acid, cold and sonic resistance of 20.

Han's shove also successfully makes contact. Archleone gains the battered condition until the end of Han's next turn. He takes 0 damage.
    Archleone uses Contagious Misery (su) to Claim Han as a free action after being struck (see below for current Claim penalties) - This also allows him to use Cruel Claim (su) to inflict a Cruelty upon him.
    Spoiler: Bloodmaven (Antipaladin) Cruelty
    Show

Make a DC 38 Fortitude save - Failing this results gaining the Blinded condition for 20 rounds.

Han's Corkscrew Counterpunch misses Archleone.

After this Archleone leers at the martial artist, using his special villain ability to monologue during other people's turns.

For this he earns a counterpunch - While the critical does not confirm, Han manages to strike Archleone directly in the faceplate with his fist. Archleone takes 0 damage.

Finally, Han moves away and attempts to Shove, which misses. While this triggers an attack of opportunity, Archleone chooses not to make this attack.

---
    Root uses Rapid Growth - The terrain is changed (from mountainous to forest) and trees sprout out of the ground almost everywhere. The blood-soaked battlefield now resembles something from out of the nightmares of Dante Alighieri, if he somehow had the misfortune to fight in the Vietnam war.
    ---
    Aikio's turn has no effects that need resolving.
    ---
    Bronson is able to teleport next to Archleone, and is able to hit with his melee attack. Archleone takes 0 damage. Archleone is immune to the poisoned blade, despite its mythic potency.
    Both magical effects in the sword discharges but are not able to deal damage to Archleone.
    The disarm attempt fails.
    Bronson's gun attack misses.
    The trip attempt fails.
    The second gun attack (using Gun Kata) misses.

Spoiler: CLAIM PENALTIES
    Show

A Claim lasts for ten rounds. For as long as you are claimed, you suffer -6 to all damage rolls, as well as -6 to the save DCs of all your abilities. You also suffer a -2 penalty to skill checks and combat maneuver checks, as well as becoming Cursed (this condition does nothing by itself, but can trigger other effects) by Malevolence.

Next, you also suffer a penalty to any attacks against Archleone equal to the number of Claimed creatures through Dark Authority; This is currently -16 as of the beginning of your actions.

Furthermore, all claimed creatures are affected by Armageddon of Steel (Su): Any creatures claimed by the bloodmaven must make a will save at the beginning of their turn (DC 38). Failure indicates that they must attack or use offensive abilities against the closest creature to them, including allies, to the exclusion of all else.
    Last edited by Quantumphear; 2022-08-28 at 08:54 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26

Lizardfolk

Having rebuffed the attacks of you and your companions, Archleone spreads his arms in an imposing manner, silhouetted against the stormy sky like an avenging deity. He bellows in triumphant rage as lightning cracks across the sky. With a crackle of energy he casts, and into his waiting hands appears a blood-sodden soldier. Barely a man, the terrified teen twists in the tortuous talons of the tyrant, but death is the only outcome for the hapless warrior.

"IN TIMES OF OLD, THE STORM-CROWNED KINGS RODE LIGHTNING, CLOUD AND GALE. THEY SMOTE THE FOREST, BURNED THE MOUNT, LAID FIRE UPON THE VALE!"

And with that assertion, the halo around Archleone's head pulses with power. An explosion ripples outwards from the Knight-Captain, surging towards you with speed and power beyond anything you have suffered before. This blinding conflagration sears through your defenses, empowered by the deific potency of the Key of Kings!

The blinding flare dies away, and you find yourself in an even more ruinous stage; As quickly as they appeared, the jungle environment has been utterly burnt away. Only small shreds of wood and bark smoulder on the ground, and you can see the corpses of slain combatants from both sides burning merrily even as they slump to the ground, having been devastated by the blast. Even the elephantine corpse that Archleone stands upon is worse for wear; The skin has entirely burned away and you can now see exposed fat and bone hissing and popping underneath the iron boot of your rival.

Archleone clenchs his mailed fist, and with a something like a sigh the warrior in his hands collapses into nothing but ash that disappears into the wind. And yet there remains a spark, a vital essence that flows into Archleone, empowering him further.

"BE CONSUMED, AND FUEL MY ASCENSION TO ROYALTY. IT IS THE ONLY WORTHY CONTRIBUTION YOUR LIFE CAN POSSIBLY HOLD."

He addresses you as much as his victim, and as he boasts of victory a mantle of Deific power falls upon him and the warriors that bear his banner. He reveals his third, and final, deific talent, and perhaps now is the moment when you realize exactly what you are up against.

Behind him, the heavily armored knight rises to his feet, and points at Han Dae Wi in a gesture of challenge.

"You are a warrior of some skill. Three against one does not seem honourable, so I consider it only fair to take you as my opponent. Have at you!

Spoiler: Actions:
    Show

Archleone:
    Swift - Quickened Unwilling Teleport (DC 45 Will) targetting a nearby enemy soldier, who is incapable of making the save. The soldier is teleported in front of Archleone, practically appearing in his armored grasp. Defensive spellcasting roll (1d20+47)[49] vs DC 41

Full-round Action - Maximised Calamitous Destructive Blast - Admixture, Clinging Blast, Searing Blast, , Penetrating Blast and Enhancing Admixture applied. This blast is also infused with Mythic power.

This creates a 90ft radius burst (centered on Archleone) that deals 208 fire damage to everything within it (DC 43 Reflex save for half) that will also apply the Cripple enhancement (-7 penalty to all of its attack rolls, saving throws, ability checks and skill checks, DC 43 will save to negate) to everyone within the area. Any damage taken counts as continuous damage for the purpose of concentration checks and spellcasting (DC 43 Fort save to negate). Penetrating blast turns fire immunity to be considered as resistance 40, and 26 points of that resistance are negated. Defenses that are not Mythic in nature cannot protect you against these effects, unless you spend a use of Mythic power.

Han Dae Wi, Root, James Bronson and the unfortunate soldier are within this blast, and must make saves to resist. The surrouding forest within a 90ft radius is burned away, with every single tree having taken enough damage to deplete their HP.

Defensive spellcasting roll (1d20+47)[57] vs DC 41.

Free Action: Gain 2 temporary spell points using Mystic Reaping.

Swift Action 2: Having reduced an enemy to 0 hp, Archleone will use his Deific Talent Boast of Victory, granting him and all of his allies within earshot immunity to HP damage and any effect that would require a saving throw.

Mars Pallatrix:

Standard action - Establishes a Patrol, increasing threatened area to 40ft, as well applying the Stand Still zone talent. This area also has the Tug Fate consecration applying within it, using his Consecrated Patrol.

Swift action - A Challenge is issued against Han, applying a penalty of -7 for attack rolls NOT against Mars, while granting a bonus of +2 for attacks against Mars. This lasts for 13 rounds. This also applies the Inescapable Challenge talent (DC 30 Will save)

The Iron Wall will apply a miss chance to those who attack within the Patrol zone or to the challenged target.

Show

There are 12330 combatants remaining. Good luck.
    Last edited by Quantumphear; 2022-08-26 at 10:35 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27

Imp

Hmm... something was wrong. Han Dae Wi had landed numerous blows on his opponent, yet he could feel that his enemy wasn't taking damage. But that was impossible, right? While he had already sized up his opponent and knew that some of his damage would be reduced, this...was something else entirely. Worse still, he had received a nasty brand for his troubles.

``I'll just have to keep attacking,`` he thought.

But before he could go through with further attacks on his opponent, the mark he received burned and hissed, distracting his focus. It wasn't a good idea to pull of White Tiger now.

During this, the enemy began to act. First by drawing in one of the enemy soldiers, then by preparing an attack with what looked like a massive area of effect.

It didn't matter what he did though, he had to do SOMETHING!

"Four Guardian Gods...Third Stance! Dance of White Tiger!"

Spoiler: Reactions
    Show

Show
    Immediate Action: Break the Hourglass! (Anima Burn |-2 Animus, +10 damage) (Increase Potency |-3 Animus, Ignore 15 points of DR or ER)
    --> Move Action: Shove
    (Move 40 ft adjacent == Provokes an AoO)
    Shove Attack: (1d20+38)[51] vs Touch
    Shove Damage: (2d6+47)[53] +10 = 63

--> Standard Action: Suppressive Rush
    (7 touch attacks at half damage. Enemy can choose to automatically block all attacks, but if they do they take a -12 penalty to attack and damage until they either total defense, or are subject to no offensive actions for 1 round)
    Suppressive Rush 1
    Attack: (1d20+38)[50] vs Touch
    Damage: 1/2 * ((2d8+35)[49] + (2d6+2)[5] + 10) = 32

Suppressive Rush 2
    Attack: (1d20+38)[45] vs Touch
    Damage: 1/2 * ((2d8+35)[49] + (2d6+2)[12] + 10) = 35

Suppressive Rush 3
    Attack: (1d20+38)[41] vs Touch
    Damage: 1/2 * ((2d8+35)[43] + (2d6+2)[9] + 10) = 31

Suppressive Rush 4
    Attack: (1d20+38)[42] vs Touch
    Damage: 1/2 * ((2d8+35)[37] + (2d6+2)[10] + 10) = 28

Suppressive Rush 5
    Attack: (1d20+38)[53] vs Touch
    Damage: 1/2 * ((2d8+35)[49] + (2d6+2)[13] + 10) = 36

Suppressive Rush 6
    Attack: (1d20+38)[40] vs Touch
    Damage: 1/2 * ((2d8+35)[46] + (2d6+2)[10] + 10) = 33

Suppressive Rush 7
    Attack: (1d20+38)[53] vs Touch
    Damage: 1/2 * ((2d8+35)[46] + (2d6+2)[9] + 10) = 32

On any successful attack, Han Dae Wi will also spend 3 tension to activate Dispelling Knuckle, using the attack roll as his dispel check. This acts as Greater Dispel, and can dispel up to 5 buffs. Han will attempt to dispel Freedom of Movement if possible.

Martial Glyph --> Deflective Armor (+5 Deflection bonus to AC)
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2022-08-27 at 10:54 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Lizardfolk

Han throws himself at Archleone as the magical blast begins, and the Demiurge responds with another punishing swipe of blasphemous magic.

Meanwhile Mars Pallatrix shifts, eyes glimmering behind his iron helm as he squats upon the gigantic corpse. He brings his greataxe down with a lazy swipe, and a spectral impression reaches far beyond its actual length, intercepting Han as he attempts to rush the Demiurge mid-cast.

The flurry of fists comes careening down, but each is somehow intercepted by the parries of the dauntless bodyguard. Each penetrating punch is met with implacable spirit, shielding Archleone from retribution as he brings about a apocalyptic eruption.

"As we practiced, brother."

"HAMMER AND ANVIL."

"Sword and shield."

Spoiler: Resolving reactions:
    Show

Archleone will make an AoO, once again using a destructive blast.
    Melee touch attack against Han: (1d20+40)[56], using Pierce the Veil to negate his 50% miss chance.
    Damage (13d8)[49] - This is fire damage that ignores 26 fire resistance. Fire Immunity is treated as 40 fire resistance.
    Blistering Blast inflicts -2 to fortitude saves for (1d4)[1] rounds.

If this attack of Opportunity hits, he will also use his Faithrender (Su) ability to attempt a dispel magic against Han.
    Magic skill check/caster level check: (1d20+20)[36] vs a DC of (CL + 11)

~~~

Mars expends 8 attacks of opportunity to use Defend Ally, granting a +10 competence bonus to Archleone's AC to evade the attacks. With this assistance neither the Shove nor the Suppressive Rush attacks will hit.
    Last edited by Quantumphear; 2022-08-28 at 08:56 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Imp

After Han Dae Wi's attacks are blocked, he focuses his gaze at Mars. It looks like going after the King this early wasn't going to be possible. Well, looks like there's only one option - separate the two of them.

He doesn't have much time to think, however, as the Knight Captain's Fireball, infused as it is with such dark energy, releases in one massive explosion. Knowing that getting hit by the technique would instantly put him in a bind, he gathered the scattered air currents meant to be used on his next attack, and forced it against the blast.

It wasn't working. The enemy's attack was Mythically infused. The air currents were being pushed back. If he didn't do something soon, he'd be completely overtaken. Having no other choice, Han Dae Wi closed his right eye. A tear of blood seeps from the closed eye, and as he opens it, a new eye awakens, burning with energy. With a blast of energy from this eye, the air currents fight through the blast, just barely protecting him from the attack.

Spoiler: Explanation
    Show

Rolled a 44 in OOC. Spent 1 mythic power to allow Evasion to work, taking no damage from the blast.

NOTE: This activates both of my Mythic Drawbacks - Unfit for Power and Recharge Required (variant).

"Given your boss's ability to fuel damage immunity for his entire army by picking on the weak, it's hard for you to claim that you're the ones disadvantaged here. But if you want a 1 on 1 fight...? Then fine by me."

With that, Han Dae Wi will wind up his fist and then punch the air, attempting to push Mars away with tge air pressure. If successful, he'll flash step over to where Mars lands, separating the two of them far away from the Knight Captain. If he can, he'll also attempt to disarm the opponent, and even strike at them when they land.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Show
    NOTE: Due to Combat Tenacity, my Immediate Action Counter last round does not interfere with me taking Swift Action Boosts/Stances in this round.

Spoiler: Swift Action, Do this SECOND
    Show

Free Action --> Berserking (-2 AC, +23 temp hp)
    Free Action --> Instant Scout --> Scout Mars
    Perception Check: (1d20+49)[59]

Swift Action 1 --> Boost --> Finger of God
    Climb Check vs Mars's CMD: (1d20+49)[53]
    If successful, fling Mars & self 100 ft to the right. Movement doesn't provoke for either of us. Mars lands prone.

Disarm attempt via Climb vs CMD:(1d20+49)[60]
    Melee attack after landing: (1d20+55)[72]
    Han Dae Wi is spending 5 stamina on this attack for a +4 bonus. Damage doesn't matter, but if this hits, Han Dae Wi will attempt to use Dispelling Knuckle by spending 3 tension. The attack roll is the dispel check, and can dispel up to 5 separate magical buffs.

Martial Glyph --> Spiritual Anchor (-1 Animus)
    Since this is a boost and not a strike, I do still have to hit him with a ranged touch attack, which will provoke...if he has a way to bypass Total Concealment.
    Spiritual Anchor: (1d20+46)[60] vs Touch

Spoiler: Move Action, Do this FIRST
    Show

Move Action: Activate 1/day ability of Corset of Delicate Moves --> Gain Swift Action --> Use Mythic Arcane Strike --> switch out Training (Combat Stamina) for Training (Advanced Study: Stance of Sown Mistrust)

NOTE: Due to Mythic Drawback: Recharged Required (variant), I am forced to spend 3 Mythic Power instead of 1 in order to use this ability without waiting the requisite recharge time. This puts me at 0/5 Mythic Power for the day.

Temporal Haste --> Swift Action #2 --> Switch Stance into Stance of Sown Mistrust.
    Within 30 ft of Han, enemies treat nobody as allies, and are not treated as allies.

Martial Glyph --> Illusionary State --> Target Self (7-8 Mirror Images) (-1 Animus)

Spoiler: Standard Action, Do this LAST
    Show

Standard Action: Ready Counter Punch (Boxing Sphere) --> Corkscrew Setup
    Corkscrew Setup Attack: (1d20+51)[69]
    Corkscrew Setup Damage: Doesn't matter

If Corkscrew Setup hits, then if Enemy moves, it must end it's move adjacent to me until the start of my next turn, unless it spends a swift action to make a CMB check vs my CMD

Spoiler: Readied Counter Punch, Do this NEXT TURN
    Show

Readied Action Triggers:

Hostile creature attempts a non CMB attack roll...on Arch's turn
    Hostile creature attempts a CMB check...on Arch's turn
    Hostile creature attempts to move from their square...on Arch's turn
    Hostile creature attempts a spell/SLA...on Arch's turn
    Hostile creature attempts to speak...on Arch's turn

Unorthodox Tactics (The Gifted Mythic Path) --> Free Move Action --> Focusing Breath (regain Martial Focus)

Readied Counter Punch --> Critical Tension (-4 Tension) --> Brutal Strike (expend Martial Focus)
    Counter Punch Attack: (1d20+51)[63]
    Critical Confirmation: (1d20+61)[78]

Counter Punch + Brutal Swing Damage: (2d8+107)[112]
    Extra Critical Damage: (2d8+107)[113]
    Greater Vital Strike Damage: (6d8)[32]

Spoiler: Pool Tracking
    Show
    Total Animus = 10 - 6 - 2 + 3 (initiated a maneuver this round) = 5 Animus
    Total Tension = 5 + 1 (Defensive Determination) + 1 (Victorious Defense) + 2 (Rising Tension) - 3 (Dispelling Knuckle) - 4 (Critical Tension) = 2 + 1 if I hit + 1 if I crit + 1 if Finger of God works and I move = 2 - 5 Tension

HP = 384/401 (-3 Unfit for Power)
    Temp HP (Berserking) = 23/23
    Delayed Damage Pool = 0/60
    Nonlethal Damage = 60/404
    Unyielding = 5/404

Han Dae Wi is granted Elemental Breach as a readied maneuver!
    Remaining Withheld Maneuvers
    • Judgement Day
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2022-08-29 at 01:12 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

OldWizardGuy

I free James grimaces as his weapon is deflected and the immunity of the fighters are revealed and James was forced to teleport out of the way of the massive explosion. "well now. You should be a real challenge then... let's level the playing field, just a bit then"

James begins chanting quickly trying to dispel all the magical effects in both of his opponents, hitting them with a wide area dispel before trying to charge in closer to the subordinate next, trying to shoot him on approach

Spoiler: actions
    Show

(1d20+28)[32] dispel check
    (1d20+38)[44] swift action to hit roll with GunTana
    (1d29+28)[34] if hit, another dispell, spending 3 tension
    (start turn with 7 tension, -3 tension for blink step, +1 tension for movement, +1 tension to hit -3 tension for dispel -2 tension to grant a +2 bonus on all saves, if I miss I'll instead save those 3 on a re-roll on whatever save I probably need to make next round