New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Jumpers Vs. Wh40k ITP OOC 1

Okay, that seems good. how close do you want to be dropped into the other jumpers? I assume at least the same planet, same hive for the sake of simplicity and focus :P also The Process, figuring that since you came in....however much time later since the others first dropped in....you'd have a knowledge disadvantage and thus will give a message informing you of the knowledge that the other jumpers know for the sake of fairness, otherwise I'd need npc's to repeat a bunch of things I've already said. and don't worry, I kinda didn't detail everything my character did or has either because of how long mine was as well, and mine is a lot longer.

anyways, quick sheets for the Inquisitors, might make more detailed ones depending on who survives:

Spoiler: Inquisitor Vervarn
    Show

Name: Inquisitor Jethro Vervarn
    -Personality:
    A hardliner of the Puritan Monodominant faction in the Inquisition, he fully believes all witches, xenos and heretics should be purged from the Imperium as soon as possible no matter how useful they are to its survival, lacking subtlety but making up in grandiloquent speeches and zeal. Embodiment of the “BURN THE HERETIC!” meme.

-Description:
    He is shaven bald, as an aquila tattooed on his head out of devotion and wears carapace armor covered in purity seals and other Eccelesiarch iconography.

-Capabilities:
    Homeworld: Shrineworld
    Ascended Career: Inquisitor
    Former Career: Cleric
    Badass Title: BETTER A MILLION INNOCENTS DIE, THAN ONE GUILTY GO FREE

Zeal of the Monodominant:
    Jethro will never give up on purging every enemy of the Imperium he sees whether it be xenos, heretics, demons, mutants or witches. His conviction and zeal are unbreakable, from both influences good and bad.

True Faith:
    Is truly faithful in the Emperor and can use faith powers of The Emperor's Sign to protect or the Emperor's Wrath to destroy and exorcise demons and heretics through holy damage, drive people into righteous frenzies, bless his weaponry with holy power and so on. It also provides protection from instant death effects/being mooked.

Ecclesiarchal Connections:
    Due to his faith and monodominant cause, he has close connections to the Ecclesiarchy and can call upon Adepta Sororitas, Ministorum priests and even Frateris Militia to aid him

Throne Agent Cadre:
    Has an elite cadre of throne agents to fight by his side, they consist of:
    Hierophant, Adepta Sororitas Crusader, Storm Trooper, Judge.

Gear: Best-craftsmanship sanctified power sword, best-craftsmanship carapace armour, micro-bead, Flamer, Inquisitional Rosette, digi-las, Bolt pistol.

Spoiler: Inquisitor Lekkens
    Show
    Name: Inquisitor Rhiannon Lekkens
    -Personality:
    A moderate of the popular Puritan Amalathian faction in the Inquisition, she believes in maintaining the status quo, acting level-headed, investigative and cautious when dealing with threats to the Imperium. However no matter how reasonable she is, her faction's ideology is one of faith in the Emperor's divine plan that she cannot second guess or claim is fallible, that the Imperium is functioning as intended by the Emperor's will and that as long they stay the course, the Emperor will save them all, seeing revolution as unthinkable blasphemy

-Description:
    She has short chin-length black hair, a stern gaze and wears inquisitors garb of black and red with gold lining and a witch-hunters hat.

-Capabilities:
    Homeworld: Imperial World
    Former Career: Adept
    Badass Title: THE END JUSTIFIES THE MEANS

Knowledge of Many Forbidden Things:
    As a former adept and Inquisitor, she knows a lot of things considered forbidden to most common citizens of the Imperium such as cults, xenos, daemons, mutants, the warp, the occult, heresy, as well as knowledge of the Administratum, Inquisition, Chymistry, Adeptus Arbites, and other scholastic or institutional knowledge.

Psyker Inquisitor
    Through studying forbidden knowledge, Rhiannon has unlocked the hidden psyker powers of her own soul, but not as powerful as a trained Primaris Psyker. She is skilled in Divination, Telepathy and Telekinesis. She has a Psy Rating of 4 and counts as Grade Eta.

Amalathian Politics:
    Rhiannon is what passes for a moderate in the Inquisition, and thus while she cleaves mostly to a Puritan mindset towards the Imperium's enemies, she is willing to negotiate with Eldar or Tau if needed, employ mutants and abhumans if it keeps them from serving chaos, and other flexible measures if she judges it to be in the Imperium's best interests to do so.

Psyker Defenses:
    She has psychic defenses that provides protection from instant death effects/being mooked.

Inquisitor Willpower:
    She is highly resistant to attempts to corrupt her, render her insane or persuade her to turn against Mankind or the Emperor.

Throne Agent Cadre:
    Ratling Desperado, Death Cult Assassin, Magos, Judge

Gear: Best-craftsmanship bolt pistol, best-craftsmanship power sword, Inquisitional Rosette, digi-las, micro-bead.

Spoiler: Inquisitior Varanius
    Show
    Name: Amendera Varanius
    -Personality:
    A member of the Radical Xanthite faction of the Inquisition, Amendera believes that expanding the use of warp to fight the enemy is not only acceptable but can improve the Imperium's ability to fight Chaos. She grew up on a Fortress world where anything is done to stem the tide of xenos attacking it and her use of psychic powers to destroy many of them was got her a medal before she was sent on the black ships.
    -Description:
    She has longer blonde hair and wears primaris psyker robes. She carres a psyker staff with her at all times and her force sworld is sheathed at her belt.

-Capabilities:
    Homeworld: Fortress World
    Former Career: Sanctioned Psyker
    Badass Title: STARE LONG ENOUGH INTO THE WARP, THE WARP STARES BACK

Radical Xanthite Ruthlessness:
    Amendera will do anything to utilize psyker abilities and the warp to serve the Imperium, whether it be enslaving daemons, utilizing risky warp technology or capturing powerful psykers with experimental methods.

Primaris Psyker Abilities:
    Amendera is a born psyker with years of training to becoming a Primaris Psyker, having a Psy Rating of 8 and Grade of Epsilon. She has a wide variety of psychic disciplines she is skilled in, including the five most common: Pyromancy, Biomancy, Divination, Telekinesis, Telepathy and Daemonology.

Psyker Defenses:
    She has psychic defenses that provides protection from instant death effects/being mooked.

Inquisitor Willpower:
    She is highly resistant to attempts to corrupt her, render her insane or persuade her to turn against Mankind or the Emperor.

Master Templar Calix of the Scholastia Psykana:
    Amendera can combine martial and psyker abilities to do jedi-like stunts.

Throne Agent Cadre:
    Daemonhost Storm Trooper, Warp Dabbler Desperado, Malefic Scholar Sage, Witch Sight Former Adepta Sororita

-Gear: Best-craftsmanship bolt pistol, best-craftsmanship Force sword, Force Rod, Inquisitional Rosette, digi-las, micro-bead.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-08-09 at 04:03 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Nearby sounds good to me. He'll probably appear in a suit, since he's mostly avoided outright dangerous settings so far even if his landings have all been varying shades of dystopia. He's... probably going to be quite fatalistic about changing things, since he's tried that and it didn't work- although he's also seen somebody else succeed, in his first jump, and now he's got considerably more power at his fingertips (I hadn't realised how stupid he was getting until I realised after ten years he probably has all the Dragon Shouts even if his Skyrim jump didn't have Dragonborn installed, which I don't think I'm going for since I've never visited Solstheim).

Also, possible I arrived at the same time but in the wrong fountain, so I've had the chance to pick up most of the same info from other sources.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Nearby sounds good to me. He'll probably appear in a suit, since he's mostly avoided outright dangerous settings so far even if his landings have all been varying shades of dystopia. He's... probably going to be quite fatalistic about changing things, since he's tried that and it didn't work- although he's also seen somebody else succeed, in his first jump, and now he's got considerably more power at his fingertips (I hadn't realised how stupid he was getting until I realised after ten years he probably has all the Dragon Shouts even if his Skyrim jump didn't have Dragonborn installed, which I don't think I'm going for since I've never visited Solstheim).

Also, possible I arrived at the same time but in the wrong fountain, so I've had the chance to pick up most of the same info from other sources.
    I mean.....thats not an unreasonable reaction to 40k.

Its less that they arrive in a fountain specifically and more "somewhere funny" though the entities that sponsor your jumps could just find making people appear in fountains and getting their clothes wet endlessly hilarious as a running gag for no apparent reason.

I mean possible, but half the point is not just exposition but to introduce characters that you interact with? and there is actual in setting reasons why each character knows the things that they do: Manyclops knows a lot of common imperial stuff the difference she is more likely to share that info with a bunch of "unsanctioned psykers", Iota-Phi knows mechanicus stuff because he is in the cult mechanicus and other stuff because he was in the Imperial Guard, but is a heretek and thus willing to share information about this stuff because he has nothing to lose. for you to have naturally gotten the information from other sources, the people involved would have to have a reason to share such information with you, because "human in a suit" isn't an implausible thing in this setting, you might not be as fancy as some people sporting grimdark neo-victorian chic, but they are probably going to assume that since your human.... that you already know what any other Imperial citizen would know. and in a setting this paranoid and vigilant for xeno infiltrators/heretics/whatever asking strange questions that everyone should already know the answers to in a culture that encourages ignorance, may not be the safest endeavor in the world. the average person on this planet specifically is probably too busy working the manufactorums with everyone else for unreasonable hours to answer you anyways. while nobles....well take GoT nobles and put them in space and add a lot more decadent hedonism and you have a good idea of what they're like.

basically, the fact that the two allies people have so far are low class criminals/heretics is not a coincidence. not just because some of them are only people who know, but also because they might be the only people willing to tell you. so I'm going to have to come up with a third criminal person for you if we're going that route. which y'know, always better to have allies, especially in a universe like this, so if thats what you want, I'll probably flesh out that Malifixer I mentioned earlier.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

It's also possible he turns up in his full battle-gear, the dragon scale armour and everything, but whilst he's expecting the jump he's not expecting to be dumped into immediate danger. Even so, he's got an enchanted duelling cane he can carry with no issues. So a new arrival nearby without interrupting the fight, perhaps. I've been reading to keep up, and I'm mostly familiar with Warhammer 40k already so I personally won't need much to catch up on.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, your just offering possibilities without locking anything down for me as to what your preference is, I'm being lazy and just drop you right in front of the rest of the jumpers as combat is over. also Rater has been quite clear that no one is expecting their jump to be into Wh40k specifically.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-08-13 at 08:19 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

Sorry about that, I've also been busy and unable to think about the options when away from my PC. Things should be a little more routine for me now, as the family that was visiting left yesterday.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Colossus in the Playground

By the way, a number of Jump documents indicate that some beings are aware of the existence of Jumpers: The Chronicles of Narnia jump opens with your Benefactor negotiating your entry into that world with Aslan, the Disgaea jump document is framed as a conversation between yourself, your Benefactor, and Vyers, and there's a Dragon Ball Jump that's framed as Fu borrowing the Jumper for a few experiments.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

The Dishonored document I used had me stop and be quizzed by the Outsider and granted twenty-five runes before the Benefactor turns up and starts discussing the other options you make. I guess I'd assumed the Benefactor was talking to me, not the character, and perhaps in Edward's case the Benefactor- being me- made a lot of the initial choices for him. It's here.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

I think its more interesting if a certain entity or entities weren't aware of Jumpers but because of you showing up, are now. I have a certain idea of whom that I particularly like and want to reveal at some point. its probably not THAT surprising who it is but still.

My reasoning for the Eldar or humans at the height of their power probably not knowing about Jumpers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    even at the height of humanity's technological, scientific and rational peak, they basically forced the Eldar and the Orks into nonaggression pacts through superior force of arms. which is freaking impressive given that the Eldar at the time were still a strong galactic empire themselves and capable of things like "conjuring anything they can imagine from the Warp to experience any pleasure they want, and this is technically when they're past the height of their psychic powers" and the Orks love to fight as a built in biological instinct. these very same humans relied on robots and automation for everything to the point where they didn't understand what their own robots were building anymore, because they were so complex and STCs made everything so idiot-proof that an AI could spit out a solution to a problem just from an average ordinary person describing it or something. this was a strength when colonizing the universe because you didn't need specialized knowledge to fix some random isolated colonies problems, but. not so much when the robots that were built by other robots turned against the robots that created them and humanity was basically irrelevant in the war for their own survival because all the fighting was done by robots loyal to them, who were so loyal they basically decided to destroy themselves after winning.

if they were aware of Jumpers 15,000 years ago (if the timeline is an accurate measure of time- the entire idea of the Chronostrife War canonically puts this into doubt, as Roboute saying "hey maybe we should get an accurate history of the Imperium" leads to the Inquisition breaking out into civil war over whether the dates are accurate or not, because warp travel is relativistic in how it works but more chaotic) ....well I don't know what the Jumperverse would be like at that time, but you'd basically have what was the closest 40k ever came to The Culture/Star Trek expanding into other universes with their ridiculous skynet/fabricator technology that makes everything the Imperium has look like a post-apocalyptic ruin because thats what it actually is. It would probably be more peaceful than the Imperium expanding into them, but given in how the Age of Technology humans never seemed to share their tech and instead dominate the galaxy with it for their own benefit while seemingly not integrating xenos into their society, it wouldn't be the best. them and the Eldar at this time would be civilizations most capable of figuring out something like this and they never did; Eldar were too busy partying and Humans would in turn be too busy enjoying their lives and make an AI build something for this or that, so the AI would have to build the Jumper technology. certainly such a rational people would use such technology to explore even if only the AI fully understood how it work- AoT humans had supposedly achieved what the Emperor tried to enforce with his Imperial Creed in having a completely secular society ruled by rationalism.

because the Eldar and Humans at the time would either see more things to learn, or to pleasures to be had in places with completely different physics, I'm saying they didn't because if even one colony of humanity figured out how to Jump, that means a copy of the ENTIRE knowledge of the Age of Technology and the capability to build it went to another universe, and most fictional universes don't have the tech to fight against that kind broken hax. any universe would therefore look unrecognizable after 15,000 years or more of that colony replicating their society. Or maybe WH40k Age of tech humans showing up is what caused Numenera to happen, who knows? but its easier to say they simply never discovered Jumpers/other universes because of the flaws of their own societies.

of course, I can so say much on this hypothetical, because this is all interpretation and extrapolation of VERY vague or scattered scraps of lore about this time that we literally only have allegorical myths and little fragments of evidence about in 40k. a lot about this could be untrue or inaccurate, and we don't know the real reason why the Men of Iron turned against humanity and the Men of Stone.

it could be in this iteration of 40k, humanity DID become aware of other universes and the Men of Iron were still loyal to humanity but humans had become so arrogant and believing in science that they saw some random fantasy world with magic and saw them all as uneducated ignorant barbarians to be uplifted and conquered and their magic explained away as just another form of psychic science (they accepted psykers at the time), but the Men of Iron had the logical leap that would be bad for those other humans for them to do this and turned on humanity to defend these other universes, actually being the good guy in this scenario. it would certainly be in theme for 40k for humanity's downfall of its greatest civilization that despite all their rationalism and logic that they ultimately started to succumb to their worst impulses and assumptions in an effort to try fit these other universes into a model of the universe they already know, or maybe the Men of Stone would want to optimize these other universes human happiness but would do so in a forceful way that would only lead to conflict and suffering and the Men or Iron saw that as tyranny and turned against them. maybe humanity was becoming as decadent as the Eldar, and some people who had become bored of hyper-immersive VR battles, wanted to experience killing real people for once. Maybe Chaos simply corrupted them or the robots. The truth could be almost anything at this point.

TLDR; those are hyper-advanced civs that do hax stuff, other universes aren't relevant and I don't want to potentially go on tangential explanations (like the one I just had) involving things we won't interact with, so those old civilizations never discovered Jumpers, probably.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

But seriously, what do you guys want to do? Where do you want to go?

There is an entire galaxy to play in, and I dropped you in like, the far northwest edge? From what I've read, the Calixis Sector is in normal space past the Eye of Terror.

There is local stuff like the Lathe Worlds for Adeptus Mechanicus stuff, if you go to the Spinward Front there is a state that seceded from the Imperium but hasn't fallen to Chaos called the Severan Dominate, if you want to travel from the Calixis sector to Terra, if my calculations are correct, that would be about 3000 light years and 3-12 days Warp time and 3-18 months real time to get there (this is due to how the Warp works-your subjective time within it is much shorter than the time outside of it even if it isn't consistently the same each time) just to let you know what your dealing with when your using warp travel for reference I'm using this table for that:
    Spoiler: Warp travel times
    Show

there is a lot of places you can go, a lot of things you can do and a clear goal in mind is needed here. I could show you a map of the 40k galaxy, but they kind of detail a lot of planets and places and there is multiple versions of the galaxy map depending on what perspective its from, so a human perspective map isn't the same as an ork perspective map for example, detailing different information like where WAAAAAAAAAAAGHs are.

If you just want to react or go against the Imperium without much of a plan, thats fine, I just want to make sure what exactly you hope to accomplish because this can go many directions figuratively and astronomically.

11. - Top - End - #41

The bit with the Inquisition reacting to Alexandra feels like a plothook but... There's not really much of a way to react to it until it happens.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    The bit with the Inquisition reacting to Alexandra feels like a plothook but... There's not really much of a way to react to it until it happens.
    ah yeah, my mistake. sorry. I should know better by now. I got a solution for that. edited to let you know.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-09-05 at 06:20 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

I really don't know, to be honest. I haven't thought that far ahead. If we find out about the Severan Dominate, Edward might want to try helping them stay clear of both the Imperium and Chaos' control, but mostly I think he's gotten involved in stuff because it sought him out, rather than the reverse.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Is this a "we all agreed to go there, but no one has actually gone and we're waiting for someone else to actually do it" situation? or am I missing something again?

also two new quicksheets:
    Spoiler: Nebette, Blank Assassin
    Show
    Name: Nebette, Blank Death Cult Assassin
    -Personality:
    She is trained to be a death cult assassin who kills enemies for money or the Emperor and thus has a professional calm, she tends to take things literally however and its harder for her to imagine things in her head. Thus her smarts tend to be very material and based in worldly matters and she isn't good at more abstract or philosophical things. She does however feel angry about being kidnapped to be sent somewhere she doesn't know against her will by the Imperium for reasons they won't elaborate on.

-Description:
    She wears a red-black bodysuit, underneath her mask she has blonde hair and grey eyes.

-Capabilities:
    Death Cult Assassin:
    Is incredibly agile and stealthy, able to execute various ways of killing someone with melee weapons with martial skill, good skill in chem-use, medical knowledge, and the like.

Blank:
    Is a psychic blank, an Omega-level mutant and thus shuts down psychic abilities within a nearby area, and is immune to daemonic possession. People feel and instinctive wrongness when they look at her however.

-Gear: Bodyglove, two death cult power blades, knife, autopistol, chameleoline cloak, infra-red goggles, two doses of slaught, multikey

Spoiler: Astropath Xiao
    Show
    Name: Astropath Xiao
    -Personality:
    Xiao has learned to be a diviner for the future, he has gotten used to the sounds of the psychic void of fallen civilizations as an astropath. He has been forced to serve Goreman in the eyrie because his Rogue Trader he served under was caught smuggling xenotech contraband, being used as Goreman's predictor of where major crimes against the Imperium might be occurring but not being loyal to him. Being soulbound to the Emperor, he feels a certain vague connection to him, but is not fanatical about him. He does not like how the Imperium treats him or his fellow psykers, but recognizes the use they have in keeping humanity alive and functioning.

-Description:
    Wears green robes with the eye of scholastica psykana on it with flak armor underneath, a blue blindfold over his milky white useless eyes, and long unkempt messy black hair, walks with a shock staff, wears an aquila pendant around his neck.

-Capabilities:
    Astropath Transcendent:
    is blind but psychic senses make up for it. Is capable of stellar distance-level communications across lightyears using astrotelepathy and telepathic communication, knows lore about the astra telepathica, the warp, psykers, psyniscience, cryptology, astropath signs, various languages, psychic resistance, can use abilities in ship to ship combat due to the long range.

Soulbound:
    As an astropath, Xiao is connected to and has a small piece of the Emperor's essence within him, giving him a measure of protection from Daemons and from instant death effects

Heightened Senses:
    Has heightened sense of touch, taste, and hearing

Grimdark Jedi:
    can fight while blind, psychic combat senses, can create a psychic telekinetic blade to fight with, use telekinesis to lift, use telekinesis for precise tasks, create a psychic shield around himself, can compel people to interact with him favorably, mind control them, or telekinetically crush them.

Divination:
    Possesses psychic powers to predict the future using cards, read auras, enhance skills like gunplay and swordsmanship, enhance skills for a moment, locate an object or person within a kilometer, and can warn people of incoming attacks and such

Ship To Ship Combat:
    Can do telepathic and telekinetic powers across vast differences to simply mind control crews on other ships or telekinetically damage things due to an astropaths incredible distance in their abilities.

-Gear:
    flak armor, shock staff, laspistol, void suit, micro-bead, psy-focus

15. - Top - End - #45

My bad, I'll have a reply sometime tomorrow.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah you might to check this forum more often, because I think the structured games posts are posting often than us and thus cover up any replies we make now that Nexus is no longer here.

17. - Top - End - #47

Is everyone else still here?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

I am still here yes. I think I may have made a mistake in using telepathic communications only you can respond to.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, I'm still here, but... there's not been anything for Edward to do for a bit. Gold Leaf's in the Nexus discord with me; I can ask them if they're still about if you want.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I'm still here, and I'm suffering the same problem Earl is in that there isn't much for the boys to do.
    We are FREE of
    BEER! As in, we don't have any beer.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, okay, I'mma speed this up a bit then. apparently an Inquisitor asking you all what your plans are in a negotiation isn't interesting to you or you just have no idea what your goals are beyond vague ideas about knowledge. my bad, I'll edit to get to some place better.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-09-18 at 04:05 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

Given the Inquisitor is using telepathy, I thought he was talking primarily to the person who can actually reply telepathically. Edward's not got telepathy of his own, nor any real experience with it- except the odd hallucination sent by the Outsider or various Daedric Princes and training in identifying and resisting the emotional abilities of brass and zinc Allomancy. I will admit I possibly could have read closer to realise my mistake, though, since I just noticed Manyclops had said something a few posts ago.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

my post has been edited now, I hope you don't mind, but if you do, tell me what I did wrong and what I can do to correct it.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

nobody ask why Ezekiel called in Titanfall to deal with literally 5 people
    We are FREE of

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

When Alexandra teleported everyone back to where Manyclops and Iota-Phi were, did she remember to take XS as well?
    We are FREE of

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

oh right, XS is big, and I don't think Iota-Phi's shack is big enough for that robot uuuuuuuuuuuh.

lets say if Alexandra did forget, then Ensara didn't forget but teleported XS so that its outside the shack.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

I believe Edward still has the Eviscerator. He's not going to use it, though if someone else wants it they can have it, but it's a thing that's missing from the bodies and wreck.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Ensara will take it if you don't want it, studying the weapons and so on is more of a personal Ensara thing, its not anything vital.

If you guys want a more structured thing with a clearer story or whatever, just say so, I'm going to just post some space marines that might show up in the future whenever I get the opportunity to introduce them:

Spoiler: Arkheo Gabrata, The Last Lamenter
    Show

Name: Arkheo Gabrata
    -Personality:
    Arkheo is a space marine who seeks to protect what innocent civilians of the Imperium he can. It is all he has left after the death of his entire chapter, which he feels survivors guilt and depression about. He is competent about assessing the threat of his foes and how to defeat them, adapting to wide variety of situations but ultimately seeks nothing but to protect and fight all that he can before he dies.

-Description:
    Wears yellow power armor with the Lamenter's iconography on it, has a bolt pistol and powersword on his hip and two guns attached to his back.

-Capabilities:
    Specialty: Tactical Marine/Kill-Marine
    Arkheo has been trained to be well-rounded in his skill set as a Tactical Marine, capable of taking many roles in battle, wielding any astartes weapon and making up for the lack of others outside of expertise roles like Techmarine, Apothecary or Librarian. His lone operation has now developed his skills as a Kill-Marine, allowing him training in social skills, stealth, investigation and other skills of lone operation.

Space Marine Biology:
    their enhancements allow them various benefits can see in low light conditions, superior vision, immunity to dizziness and motion sickness, filter out and enhance certain sounds,breath in low oxygen or poisonous atmospheres, protection from radiation, poison immunity, enhanced taste, taste-tracking, resistance to extreme heat and cold, spit corrosive blinding poison, use space marine power armor, can read by eating biological things, can sleep for 4 hours a day or go 2 weeks without sleep, super-strength, bulletproof bones, rapid healing, enter suspended animation, can run 21km per hour, sprint 85kph, leap 10 meters in the air, and carry 1000kg of weight, lift 2000kg and push 4000kg. Fear immunity.

Last of the Lamenters:
    Arkheo is the Last Lamenter Space Marine. Despite his chapters usual misfortune he is capable of taking on hordes of enemies in his determination to uphold the values of his chapter to defend the innocent. However he is still depressed about his chapter's lot in life and now has survivor's guilt from being the only Lamenter left, further pushing him to throw himself into danger to protect others regardless of the danger to himself. He is the closest thing to Master Chief in Wh40k.

“For Those We Cherish We Die in Glory”:
    By uttering the mantra of his chapter, Arkheo defends against instant death effects or push through suffering to stay alive.

-Gear:MK7 “Aquila” Power Armor:
    near-immunity to small arms fire. Night vision, thermal vision, immunity to flash, environmental protection, recoil suppression, fusion generator, lack of stealth and manual dexterity.

Astartes Power Sword, Astartes Bolt pistol, Astartes Bolter, Astartes Plasma Gun, Astartes Combat knife, Iron Halo.

Spoiler: "Sanguinius" The Flesh Tearer
    Show
    Name: “Sanguinius”
    AKA: Leonataes Morandro
    Station: Flesh-Tearer Space Marine, Eternal Black Rage Don Quixote
    -Personality:
    Fully believing he is Sanguinius, Primarch of the Blood Angels Legion, Leonataes is a compassionate hero loyal to “the Emperor”, while hating “Horus” with a berserk fury willing to slaughter all foes what he believes is good and right. He is willing to sacrifice himself for whom he considers to be “The Emperor” if need be.

-Description:
    He looks like a Flesh Tearers Marine in the Death Company, his armor black but with red blood angels iconography on his armor. He has two chainswords sheathed his belt, and a jump back on his armor to fly.

-Capabilities:
    Specialty: Assault Marine
    Leonataes specializes in fighting in melee and can close the distance between his foes really fast. He is a master dual-wielder of chain swords and constantly flies on jump back believing that those are his wings.

Space Marine Biology:
    their enhancements allow them various benefits can see in low light conditions, superior vision, immunity to dizziness and motion sickness, filter out and enhance certain sounds,breath in low oxygen or poisonous atmospheres, protection from radiation, poison immunity, enhanced taste, taste-tracking, resistance to extreme heat and cold, spit corrosive blinding poison, use space marine power armor, can read by eating biological things, can sleep for 4 hours a day or go 2 weeks without sleep, super-strength, bulletproof bones, rapid healing, enter suspended animation, can run 21km per hour, sprint 85kph, leap 10 meters in the air, and carry 1000kg of weight, lift 2000kg and push 4000kg. Fear immunity.

Primarchs Curse: Quixotic Delusions
    Leonataes in his Black Rage insanity fully believes that he is the Primarch Sanguinius in the 31st millennium. He always perceives all enemies of the Jumpers as Horus and the Jumpers themselves as a loyalist figure of authority such as the Emperor, Rogal Dorne, Malcador or some other loyal primarch, but its not consistent which Jumper is which. Despite this insanity, he acts like a compassionate heroic person who protects those he can. His fervent and immutable mad belief that he is Sanguinius empowers him in the Warp, allowing him to defeat demons and survive in the Warp, and makes him resistant to instant death effects.

Black Rage Eternal:
    The secret is that he is always angry. He just controls it really well. Leonataes can unleash his rage upon his enemies whenever needed, slaughtering them in a bloody fury then reins himself back in when combat ends, still feeling the black rage within. Has the fighting skill of Sanguinius due to the psychic echoes of Black Rage within him, making him powerful in combat beyond normal space marines.

-Gear:
    MK7 “Aquila” Power Armor:
    near-immunity to small arms fire. Night vision, thermal vision, immunity to flash, environmental protection, recoil suppression, fusion generator, lack of stealth and manual dexterity.

Two Chainswords, Astartes Bolt pistol, Jump Pack, Astartes Power Fist.

Spoiler: Vaan Kalleri, The Liberator
    Show
    Name: Vaan Kalleri, Renegade Raven Guard Space Marine
    -Personality:
    Like Corvus Corax before him, he dislikes tyrannies and fights against them,

-Description:
    Wears black raven guard power armor, with a beakie helm. His skin is pale and his hair is long and black.

Backstory:
    Vaan Kalleri once fought a battle against Chaos. He saw Iron Warriors spend the lives of men in waves like bullets and send out machines and tanks to blow things up with mechanical efficiency, saw Word-Bearers chant litanies similar to the Imperium's, all the while a Slaanesh cult oppressed those under them for their own decadent pleasures having infiltrated the planet's nobility, while the Dark Mechanicus performed mad science experiments. He fought against them and lead the normal people of the planet enslaved by the chaos cult to their whims to overthrow them and restore the rightful rule of the Imperium- but he noticed that Chaos's methods differed little from some of the Imperial Guard's and Ministorums methods.

When he got back to normal Imperial worlds, he saw decadent nobility performing lesser debaucheries and tech priests turning people into servitors for breaking the rules of the Mechanicus, and while they weren't the same he realized: the Imperium and Chaos weren't that different and both were evil. The Imperium may be a necessary evil but an evil nonetheless and could not serve it any longer. So he turned Renegade and shot any Chaos cultists who tried to offer to join them. He would make his own justice, free from the two tyrannies around him, even if he died doing so.

He was then approached by an Inquisitor of the Recongregator faction to be backed in his efforts to save the Imperium through violent revolution. Taking all the help he can get, he now traverses the Imperium to try and reform it the only way he knows how: killing the nobles and installing new leaders in their place. But these efforts often don't succeed, often ending putting people just as bad as the ones he started with, or only managing to get rid of Chaos cults that had infiltrated the upper classes.

-Capabilities:
    Specialty: Devastator Marine

Grimdark Robin Hood:
    Vaan is a renegade that goes from planet to planet doing what he can to get rid of corrupt rulers and put more fair and just ones in place for the Imperium, with a crew that works with him to steal riches, redistribute wealth, kill rulers working with Chaos or Xenos but also ones that are cruel in general. He is an incredibly good shot even by Space Marine standards and is capable of ridiculous feats of marksmanship.

Backed by Recongregators:
    Vaan Kalleri is backed and protected by Recongregator faction Inquisitors who believe his work necessary to getting rid of the rot this Imperium is decaying under through revolution, one planet at a time.

Space Marine Biology:

-Gear: MK6 “Corvus” Power Armor:
    near-immunity to small arms fire. Night vision, thermal vision, immunity to flash, environmental protection, recoil suppression, fusion generator, lack of manual dexterity, lighter and stealthier than M7 power armor.

Astartes Combat knife, Astartes Sniper Rifle, Astartes Bolt Pistol, Astartes Bolter

29. - Top - End - #59

I should have had that up a while ago but couldn't find the motivation to actually write it out.

Should I give these two their own speech colors? I mostly just wanted to get them established, I don't know how big a deal they'll actually be.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Well....

"big deal" in this galaxy is.....how to put it....

you see the threats of Wh40k are pretty decentralized? and spread out across the entire galaxy in some form or manner. (well, except for the Tau, but they're new.) you go kill an Ork WAAAAAAGH! in one segmentum or other, it doesn't really affect some other Ork WAAAAAAAGH! in another. the problems of one Imperial planet only matters in the sense that if that planet falls to some invading force, they might hop to the next planet to continue that. the only real centralized place of importance in the galaxy is Holy Terra because it has the Emperor on it busy keeping demons out while also making the lighthouse work, which actually doesn't cover the entire galaxy! The Imperium only has two thirds of the galaxy under their control, because thats as far as the Astronomicon can light the way. the entire upper part of the Ultima Segmentum? pretty much xenos-only territory.

so unless you some jerk wanting to kill the Emperor (and thus make things even worse), there isn't really any one simple fell swoop solution to any of the threats out there:
    -Tyranids are coming from at least two different galaxies and might have the Milky Way galaxy surrounded if the worst projections about them are true
    -Necrons are immortal robots with THE most advanced non-warp tech in the galaxy, have shards of hypertech gods in cubes, and seriously the stuff they are capable of is terrifying, they have machine to just snuff out stars by booping the map it uses and the only reason they don't use it is because they don't want to mess with the galaxy too much on a long term scale because they're immortal. and their dynasties all have different goals and don't really care about each other, and the C'tan shards are their own level of broken
    -the Orks despite their silly and comedic nature ARE in fact an existential threat to the Imperium, as the War of the Beast has proven.
    -Tau and Eldar are less threats and more Xenos that the Imperium just want to kill because xenos, yet they team up with them the most. (which is temporary and at all)
    -Chaos is worse than all of these because the Warp is an entire other dimension outside of linear time and space, where only your will matters, and can like make ANYTHING happen and YES its shenanigans involve time travel, its canon that Horus was convinced to turn against the Imperium by showing him a vision of the 40k version of it, making him think thats what the Emperor wanted to happen, thus making him rebel against the Emperor and causing it happen, making the entire Horus Heresy and the ten thousand years after it a time loop. you don't want to deal with this headache, too bad, your in Warhammer 40,000: no one canonically knows what year it is, your FTL travels at the speed of plot, you might get sent back in time randomly just because, time is a plaything of dark gods, its hard to tell if you can objectively spent ten years in this universe if your constantly go through subjective time warps just to get from planet to planet, and now you know why Jumpers don't normally go here, because who can objectively say when the normal ten years is up? (well omnipotent patrons can probably just arbitrarily decide that that means regardless but whatever)

oh and how in the world do you deal with Chaos Gods who don't exist in linear time, are empowered by everyone's thoughts and emotions, not just prayers, and empower their champions with immortality and magic that can verge on reality warping at its highest levels?

and keep in mind: the Imperium are not the good faction. they might have some rare good people in them, but they are still paranoid genocidal religious fanatics who want to wipe out anything opposing them. I would not say that the Imperium winning is the best end.

being a big deal in a galaxy like this, taking all that into account is weird, because you can be a big deal to whatever random planet you save this week- even Ciaphas Cain, Known Ordinary Man, is considered a Hero for the deeds he has done, famous or legendary for doing so even. But then you zoom out, seeing all the threats are slowly yet inevitably closing in and he is nothing but a drop in the bucket of doom.

these may not be problems the characters can solve conventionally, because the Imperium has been trying to solve them with overwhelming force for ten thousand years and have only managed to keep the status quo, or at least, slow its collapse into a near glacial decay as their victories are often just as costly as their losses. the Imperium constantly says the only way to win against their foes is by making any sacrifice and overwhelming force but given how thats going for them, one might want to come up with a better plan. Or not, maybe you hypothetically just want to fight cool enemies and get cool stuff, save the only the good people you find and don't care if this galaxy burns because your all Jumpers and will survive regardless, and the Imperium's evil anyways and kind of caused a lot of what they're facing to themselves arguably, I'm not your mother.