New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Jumpers Vs. Wh40k ITP OOC 1

Raz, do you think you could put spaces between lines of dialog?

It'd be easier to read and understand your longer posts that way.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

added more line spaces to the latest post, that good or do need them for the paragraphs as well?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #273

That is a significant improvement, thank you.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Bugbear in the Playground

I actually find that a bit easier to read as well.

And it's kind of interesting to throw a slightly jaded, but still fundamentally optimistic character like Frode into a universe as bleakly cynical as 40k... especially when he has the power to make a significant difference
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Then he smirked again, and created a series of worldwide dispensers that created tiny techno-rings that allowed the wearer to glow in a variety of primary colours, set in places where children would play, along with holo-pictorial instructions for a wide variety of simple, engaging games that could be played by glowing different colours. He also made quite certain that there were enough of them, spaced just widely enough apart, that trying to monopolize them would be both pointless and futile, and built in a number of Virtual Intelligence safeguards, making certain that they would be useful only for children and childrens' games.
    .....I have to ask: Are you sure?

6. - Top - End - #276

When the DM asks that, it is usually time to reconsider ones' actions.

In my experience, few things demystify something like that thing being turned into a widespread childrens' game. However, like I said, Frode is supposed to be enormously smarter than I am and would presumably see how this would explode in his face if it were going to do so somehow. I don't see an issue with hordes of shiny children, even in this context; however, would Frode, having observed these people and being highly intelligent?

... if this were a tabletop game, I'd be asking for an INT roll here
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-09-14 at 02:25 AM.
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    When the DM asks that, it is usually time to reconsider ones' actions.

In my experience, few things demystify something like that thing being turned into a widespread childrens' game. However, like I said, Frode is supposed to be enormously smarter than I am and would presumably see how this would explode in his face if it were going to do so somehow. I don't see an issue with hordes of shiny children, even in this context; however, would Frode, having observed these people and being highly intelligent?

... if this were a tabletop game, I'd be asking for an INT roll here
    wait first do you have any social perks on your sheet....no you don't. okay.

These people have only recently rebelled from the Imperium, and the Imperium doesn't have universal education, aside from the few who get into the Schola Progenium which is its own kind of terrible, your basically looking at children growing up in victorian industrial living conditions when it comes to a hive city, if they have any education, its learn to work in the factories and/or religion. and the religions are....things trying to replace the dominant "humans supreme, hate everything else" one, the "screw morality lets take all the tech for ourselves" one, and various little death cults who exist to be assassins for hire.

now I'm not sure what five out of the six continents would do exactly, but there is a lot of possibilities of what could happen in a galaxy like this one and I'd probably determine what exactly randomly, since this is children so I felt I might be a little more careful than usual about this. but not a lot of them would be good, since a lot of new religions would be springing up to fill the void, there is potential for them to glow colors like blue, pink or red which would mark them as chaos and thus chaos cultists to be killed, gold which is imperial to be killed, but I'm rolling because I'm not sure how to balance the message speech part with people being superstitious, so I'd basically be making the responses varied because its a planet, there would be no uniform responses.

while what the Imperium would do, on the last continent is incredibly sure and predictable: kill the children and destroy the rings as xenos artifacts, because they're not preaching the Imperial Cult's religion of hate and loyalty to the Imperium and the Emperor so.....thats heresy, thus easy response: kill any child with a ring or glowing, and kill whoever worships those children as heretics. so at the very least, the Imperial remnants here are going to do an atrocity, which is normal for the Imperium, because human life is the cheapest thing in the Imperium they have so much that they don't care about wasting them. they WILL kill those children, I wouldn't put it past the Imperium to do that. they see something weird and preaching something against their ideology, they just kill it on sight because its heresy. like its variable for the most of the planet, but the Imperium remnants will definitely will try to kill the children just as a matter of course, that would just be their first response to anything weird, out of place or against the Imperium's ideology/religion/culture/law. you give them a target to shoot and they will shoot it. that is What The Imperium Is All About.

now Frode would predict that Ensara at least would do something to try and like, protect the children if she knows and figures that this won't go well but probably isn't expecting you to do something like this.

but y'know, I just figured maybe you don't want that to happen in the first place. since its like, children y'know? there is a certain line I have to tread here.

8. - Top - End - #278

Ah. Right. Every once in a while, I forget that the Imperium is completely insane. Consider the glowiness to be deleted and retconned into never happening.

... as an aside, wasn't the Emperor in charge during the Dark Age of Technology? I thought he more or less took over at the dawn of the space age, but maybe that's just my lack of 40k knowledge showing....

Oh yeah, one other aside- Frode being a Complex Space-Time Event gives him massively stupid amounts of semi-supernatural charisma, don't know if that counts as a social perk or not for this scenario (the example given is going from the brig to the captain's chair in a matter of hours, on charisma alone, without anyone even knowing your name)
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-09-14 at 04:38 AM.

9. - Top - End - #279

Just gonna put it out there, Chaos can and does corrupt AI

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

No, Canonically speaking, the Emperor only started being in charge in 30k, the Age of Technology was 5000 years before that and between was the Age of strife.

I have my own theory on what the Emperor was before he was the Emperor and there is also canon stories about where he was that might or might not be true but thats not important.

and CSTE counts as a social perk with the charisma, there are so many things even with three jumps that its hard to keep track of everything, I looked up some advice on how to deal with high charisma so I think I got this.

@ Rater:
    True.

there are canonical appearances of Age of technology era AI's though, such as the Speranza's machine mind unlocking a weapon that fires black holes at people and the Spirit of Eternity, though the latter is a case of time travel and like the most extreme case of the warp flinging people forward in time from M24 to sometime after the Horus Heresy. the human crew and captain were all killed and tortured by the Imperium and the Spirit of Eternity was horrified and shocked by their companions getting murdered and fled, then developed a fierce hatred for humanity and wanted to escape the galaxy, found again in M39 by some space marines and some tech priests but when they tried to pray or threaten it, the AI basically took over the tech priests bodies and the space marines armor easily, things happened then it fled again. there is also a short story about what was probably an AI in a cybernetic human body somewhere. so its perfectly possible for not-corrupted AI to exist, they are just few and far between and like in hiding.

11. - Top - End - #281

Ah, okay- thanks for clarifying Raziere.

And... bleah, struggling with how to phrase this, sorry in advance if it comes out weird... er... I really don't mind reminding you of stuff on my sheet; I know that they're long and convoluted, and some perk effects aren't obvious from the title alone.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

no worries if there is one thing I could fix about jumpchain it would figuring out how to.....more efficiently and easily convey the information involved in it. there are supposedly people who have made their own OCs with like hundreds of jumps. don't know why, or how they'd keep tracking of all that they do, especially since you'd think they'd just be all-powerful at that point, but I'm not a mind reader.

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Just gonna put it out there, Chaos can and does corrupt AI
    On second thought.....maybe your right, I thought I could just do a plot where the Imperium were purely the antagonists without Chaos or anything else being involved but that might not be happening and I might have to adapt and be flexible.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-09-15 at 03:42 AM.

13. - Top - End - #283

Yeh, I've stumbled across the Jumper concept before, but never looked into it in any real detail... maybe most jumps are just lower-power than what we picked? No idea.

Also, just wanted to try and make clear- I'm willing to engage with the whole 'Philosophy of Frode' if that's something you would find interesting to explore, Raziere, but in the past I inadvertently took over an entire, multi-year campaign because the DM thought my character was hilarious, so I'm a bit sensitive to anything that might cause my character to take more attention than they should; what I'm trying to say is that I don't need a special storyline for Frode or anything.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

...Okay then, but I'm probably going to try to have cool battles as a result. thats what I find fun.

15. - Top - End - #285

No objections here as a player- Frode seems to be developing in a direction where he's going to want to save everyone, so he'll probably be trying to find a solution that involves as few deaths as possible... well, that and he has pretty bad PTSD from the Time War. That being said, I like writing big battles just fine, so any objections that come up are In-Character and I will do my best not to make them obnoxious or problematic.

EDIT- and if Frode objecting to fighting is a problem, let me know, I'll downplay it until I can phase it out (mostly because I want to be consistent for my own peace of mind..)
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-09-16 at 07:51 PM.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Hm.

Also, just wanted to try and make clear- I'm willing to engage with the whole 'Philosophy of Frode' if that's something you would find interesting to explore, Raziere, but in the past I inadvertently took over an entire, multi-year campaign because the DM thought my character was hilarious, so I'm a bit sensitive to anything that might cause my character to take more attention than they should; what I'm trying to say is that I don't need a special storyline for Frode or anything.
    I wouldn't say I'm specifically doing this arc for you or anything TeChameleon, its just that you keep replying so I have a tendency to reply back to activity. its a bad habit and I probably should wait for people to reply more.

As for the "save everyone" thing I tried to express my thoughts on Ensara and her thoughts on this and such and kept through different ways of talking about it and they always end up paragraphs long, going off tangents, and the simplest I can express what her view of it is:
    She became a jumper to be a badass hero who kicks ass and does what good she can. She doesn't expect or set out to save everyone or get golden endings. That is not to say she doesn't care, if she gets the opportunity to save people, she will. But its not her goal as a person. and that her mindset is closer to an rpg fantasy hero goes around killing foes, getting loot, getting stronger and exploring around where that kind of thing is normal than a superhero where it isn't.

thats honestly the simplest I can put it. if you want to hear my useless self-indulgent tangent go deeper on it, say so but otherwise thats what I'll say on it.

17. - Top - End - #287

Yeah, Frode's not going to demand everyone get onboard with his 'save everyone' schtick, he's just going to do what he can.

Which, in fairness, is a rather remarkable amount, like all the other Jumpers.

With my last post, I'm hoping I was clear enough, but the TL:DR is that Frode just kidnapped the entire upper echelon of Imperial Remnant leadership, gave them impenetrable, involuntary disguises as underhivers, then ditched them in the underhive 2-3 weeks in the past. Along with a chip in their brain that will render them incapable of coherent speech if they try to approach their past selves, or any of their past selves' close associates, and block any psyker abilities.

Also, he scattered them all over the continent-sized underhive, so there weren't a bunch of unknown people all claiming to be nobles popping up in the same district or whatever.

... Frode may not want to kill anyone, but that doesn't mean he's soft.
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-09-23 at 05:56 PM.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

oh yeah just to be clear: there is not much canon explanation I can find for how darksteel works. the wiki only vaguely says that you need to "bend the reality around it" in some manner to shape it. and that its the basis for a bunch of indestructible cards. the darksteel reactor is an actual card and so is darksteel ingot. I assume the darksteel reactor is some form of infinite energy, because if your going to make an indestructible source of energy.....I'd assume you'd want to be a perpetual source of energy in some manner and this card allows you to win the game with enough charges. there would be little point in making an indestructible reactor for an energy source that might run out or be replaced by something better because you just have a big pile of indestructible metal that you need to reforge now if that happened. at the same time is its really weird because how do you build a freaking reactor out of an indestructible material- and thus in theory shouldn't be able to react to anything? Maybe there is some loophole it can do due to being indestructible or something I dunno. the reason I said it has no melting point and thus no liquid or gaseous states is because then it wouldn't really be "indestructible" if it had those states since a fire hot enough to melt through say, darksteel armor in battle would be a threat to it.

also new Tyranid info I found out recently: apparently the Mechanicus estimate that the main force of the Tyranids coming to the 40k galaxy, have more hive fleets than there are planets in the Imperium and that to fight them, they'd need to up recruiting by 500% and like give every man woman and child in three Segmentums a gun to fight them. This is just an estimation by tech priests who have been studying the Tyranids as much as possible and are terrified by the implications. knew for a while that the known hive fleets are scouting fleets but this really puts it into perspective the kind of scale the Tyranid threat can be or are intended to evoke, even if its not anything confirmable.

also finally got around to modifying Kalli:

Kalli, The Dark Jumper
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 6ft
    Weight: 150pds
    Species: Human
    Station: Jumper

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She has black hair, brown eyes and fair skin. Her appearance has been made beautiful and ideal due to perks, and she wears a superhero (villain?) costume with the Imperium Aquila symbol on it, emphasizing her allegiance to the Imperium and its ideals.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She believes in her own version of the Imperium where psykers rule the Imperium at the top and sees the Ecclesiarchy as oppressing the true Imperium to come. She is an unwittingly pawn of Tzeentch while believing he is the Emperor's advisor. She is completely willing and able to destroy anyone in her way, commit genocide,

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Jump: Marvel Universe
    In her first Jump she corrupted the X-men to evil, united them with the Brotherhood of Mutants, wiped out anyone who opposed mutant supremacy, making mutants into the upper class of Earth then proceeding to lead a crusade against the Skrull, Shi'ar and Kree empires to destroy everyone who isn't a human, as well killing any other alien race she found, the Asgardians, and so on believing that the God-Emperor is the only true god. She used her incredible Celestial powers to make all this possible, even killing Thanos simply because he was an alien and not like humanity.

Second Jump: Exalted
    In her second Jump she took over the Scarlet Empire to take over Creation, while wiping out all religions but worship of the God-Emperor, killing any wyld mutants and beastmen just because they exist.

Third Jump: Magic the Gathering:
    In her third Jump, she went to the Magic the Gathering Universe. She found a white mana aligned society on Innistrad where she whipped them into a state of zeal and unified them to kill every single monster on that plane then begin spreading to conquer other planes.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Natural Abilities:
    Psyker:
    Is a psyker, once Alpha grade power now grown to Alpha plus power and highly disciplined and skilled in using warp energy due to perks. Due to transcendent transformations perk she has evolved into a being much similar to the Emperor himself or at least a Primarch.

Pawn of Tzeentch:
    Fully believes Tzeentch's lies and due to infinite willpower perk, cannot be persuaded away from doing so.

1-One True Build:
    Body:
    Any physical ailments you might have are fully healed if you want them to be. You are at
    least at peak human in all physical attributes, including appearance, and your physical
    abilities will never deteriorate with time or disuse. You can survive on anything non-toxic,
    as long as you eat enough to fill your stomach. You will never become dirty in any way
    unless you choose to allow it and can instantly will yourself to be clean again.

Mind:
    You are fully aware of any mental ailments you might have, and they are fully healed if you
    want them to be. You are at least at peak human in all mental attributes, and your mental
    abilities will never deteriorate with time or disuse. You have a perfect memory, with
    infinite storage, perfect indexing, protection from harmful memories and the ability to
    move memories into hidden storage, replacing them with a mental note that you have done
    so and can restore them at will.

Expertise:
    You are a world class expert in a skillset or profession, one of the top ten anywhere. This
    skillset and all your other knowledge and skills will update to fit each new world you visit.

Social Skills:
    You are a true master of all aspects of social skills, manipulation and leadership. You can
    read people like an open book and can portray any role or identity with ease.

Willpower:
    You have infinite and unlimited willpower, yet are still mentally flexible and capable of
    changing your mind. Your mind is completely immune to any negative effects you don’t want
    to affect you. Any mental effect you allow can be reversed at will if an unaffected version
    of you would want it reversed. You will instantly process any form of mental harm or
    trauma in the best possible way for you.

Proper Preparation:
    You have to put in the work to really get anywhere in life. Thankfully, you now learn, train
    and otherwise improve in every way possible at a rate ten times faster than you otherwise
    would. If a particular skill or knowledge set is publically or widely available, you will be able
    to learn it without needing a teacher.

Fortune's Favors:
    Your luck is truly insanely good. Any random chance will swing solidly in your favor, lucky
    coincidences will be a way of life for you, and you are utterly immune to bad luck or
    misfortune, no matter what the cause. This luck will never fail or leave you, though some
    opponents may be too skilled or powerful for luck to defeat on its own.

Second chance, why Not a Third?:
    Good news, death is not such a big deal anymore. Neither is any other form of chain
    failure. You have to die or chain fail three times in a single Jump for it to actually end your
    chain.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Jump-As-Supplement:
    Celestial Hybrid (800cp ver):
    You now have the power of an awakened celestial-hybrid, giving you the
    ability to generate and manipulate cosmic energies and use it to for example
    create solid constructions. The cosmic energy you generate is similar to the
    Light Ego and Star-lord wield, only you generate it yourself. You also gain the
    ability to manipulate matter directly. Your nature also increases your physical
    capabilities, mainly focused on your durability and regeneration factor,
    allowing you to even survive and heal from the exposure to energies as
    powerful as those from the Power Stone. Your physiology also gives you an
    infinite youthful lifespan thanks to your cosmic energies. Thanks to you
    generating the cosmic energies yourself, you will never lose your abilities. You
    already know how to use your powers, being highly intuitive and instinctive to
    use, with both conscious and subconscious control.
    • For 200cp extra, you may instead receive the full power of a Celestial. This
    entire perk, both baseline and upgrade is free for Celestials.

Vibranium:
    You can conjure Vibranium in its processed ready to use state. You are limited
    in the amount you can summon, equal to Wakanda’s large meteorite. However,
    every year, this limit resets. Meaning you can summon up to the amount of the
    Wakandan meteorite every year.

Genius/Savant:
    You may choose to be a Tony Stark/Shuri/Peter Parker level genius, or instead
    have your own level of intelligence and instead become a Savant at anything
    Technological and Sciency. You may choose to receive the knowledge of one
    of the MCU geniuses.

2-Exalted Jump
    Solar Exalted
    You have been Exalted above all others, even more so than the other types of Exalted. You are a Solar or, perhaps, you gained one of the corrupted Solar exaltations that changed you into an Infernal or an Abyssal. At this level you are at the very top of the Exalted food-chain, able to go toe to toe with legends and perform feats of skill so incredible that they'll be talking about them hundreds of years after the fact. Eventually, at least. You don't actually start out that strong but you'll get there one day. Solars are aspected towards the Sun, Infernals towards the Yozi (demons/Titans), and Abyssals towards the Neverborn (Titans that got killed and then stuck between life and death). Solars embody perfection of self, becoming paragons of whatever trades, crafts, skills, or magics they focus on. Infernals take on traits of their patron Yozi, and Abyssals are aspected towards the essence of death (pretty much no matter what you do as an Abyssal, someone is going to die because of it). Regardless of which type you choose they're all on a relatively even playing field with each other, largely because Infernals and Abyssals are corrupted Solar exaltations, and they can all eventually reach dizzying heights, capable of routine feats of skill that mortal grand masters could not imagine replicating with a lifetime of effort and eventually the ability to use conceptual effects both for defense and offense.

Abundant Essence:
    You've got Essence. Lots of it. Way more than you should in fact, about five times more. This counts both towards your personal essence pool (the stuff you can use without glowing) and your peripheral essence pool (the stuff that does make you glow when you use it). You also regenerate your pools of essence at roughly five times the normal rate, allowing you to make use of this expanded pool of energy without needing to worry about lengthy recovery times. If others learn of the sheer amount of essence at your command you will likely be viewed as an extreme oddity at best, and might be targeted by those that suspect you are something other than you seem.

3-Magic the Gathering:
    Perk: Planeswalker Spark, Free
    can travel between planes, can intuitively cast spells, summon creatures that shares her colors, create new creatures from mana, and can form contracts with higher powers to boost her abilities. Has a ten mana mote capacity, filled by having lands

Perk: Alignment (White/Red/Green)
    Is aligned to White Mana with Red and Green mana as secondary, with some blue mana due to Tzeentch's influence.

White Mana:
    Uses light magic to strengthen armies and purge demons, as well as other white magic to mindwipe people who do not conform to her vision of the Imperium, or even to mind control people into serving the Imperium

Red Mana:
    Uses pyromancy to purify and purge any enemies to the Imperium, emotion magic to increase peoples zeal and rage towards the heretic

Green Mana:
    Uses green magic to modify genetics and bloodlines with blue magic to alter people into psykers and promote them as a superior human race.

Perk: Shining Example, Free
    Civilization, morality and rules help guide one to better serve the group. You know this all too well, and it comes to you to spread the word. With your being infused with White Mana, your appearance has
    become more refined and beautiful. Not only that but your charisma has become magnified such that it
    feels like you speak with the intensity of more than merely yourself. With such force of personality, it
    would not be difficult to spread gather followers and start uniting people in pursuit of a goal.

Perk: Knight's Bravery
    Paragons of honor and justice, knights are those soldiers who keep the law in check. Their martial skills
    are nothing to scoff at either, and neither are your own martial skills. You have been trained as a knight
    and have excelled under the tutelage. This has made you one of the best knights across the Planes,
    through martial skill alone you could hold your own against entire bands of lesser knights and it would
    take a knight of legendary status to best you just in martial combat alone, your skill is sufficient to easily be knighted in four of the five courts of Eldraine with a good chance at the fifth. In addition to this skill at arms, you also find it effortless to weave spells in the middle of fighting with a weapon, not needing to pause as beat back enemies.

Perk: Walking with Angels
    Angels are beings of beauty and faith, borne of White Mana and defending the ideals of morality. You
    now hold a particular affinity with them, like Serra before you. It is incredibly easy to form bonds with
    angels, as they seem to just understand you and find you inherently likable. It is also easy for you to also convert angels to corruption or be able to redeem fallen angels. In addition your Mana finds the shape of angels incredibly comfortable, as such you are able to birth them with ease that even powerful Planeswalkers would find baffling. It would be easy to create a group of five angels at a time for the cost of one of equal power, letting you creating great armies to protect entire realms. Individuals of greater power, however, are much more difficult, as creating archangels or more powerful angels like Avacyn will still strain you even after years of effort and study, though less so than most Planeswalkers. The angels you form tend to conform to the values you teach them, and even find themselves as related to each other, meaning they will never truly feel as the only of their kind as other artificial angels feel. Serra was seen as a goddess for this gift, will you be worthy of it?

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Items:
    A Full Menu:
    You have an unlimited supply of any type of food or drink that you have ever consumed
    that can be summoned/conjured at will. It will always be at the perfect level of freshness
    and temperature, and is the highest quality possible. It will always provide the perfect
    level of nutrition you require, no more and no less. Supernatural foods or drinks will have
    full flavor but not any supernatural powers. A Warehouse kiosk provides access to this
    food and drink as well.

All the Stuff:
    You have a full collection of all literature, music, art, media, games, toys and associated
    merchandise that exists in the real world and in each new world you visit. This comes with
    the equipment needed to enjoy this collection to the fullest, such as a home theater, video
    game console or music room. This collection updates as more such things are created or
    released and it is stored in a Warehouse Attachment where you can always find what you
    want or you can request a random selection that will be the best suited to amuse you at
    that point in time..

Infinite Wealth:
    You have access to unlimited wealth of any currency that you have ever encountered. The
    source of this wealth will never be questioned by anyone, and using it will not wreck the
    economy unless you wish to do so. You also have a home, vehicles, and all various sundries
    and personal items appropriate to whatever level of wealth you decide to display to the
    public. This does have to be a form of currency, not just a tradegood.

Companions:
    Scarlet Witch:
    •Wanda Maximoff, the born wielder of Chaos Magic and the
    Psionically enhanced by an Infinity Stone. She fell into a dark
    place, trying to escape. But you came in, like a light on a dark
    room, and dragged her out of it. Ever since, you have been her
    light, the one thing she cares about above all else. Having
    developed strong romantic feelings for you, she is devoted,
    loving and caring, all while hiding her slight obsession and her
    possessive urges towards you.

Ultron:
    When he was created, you where there to guide him,
    allowing you to shape him into your ideal version of
    Ultron. He is, no matter what, irrevocably loyal to you,
    granting you an incredibly powerful ally, one who’s
    potential in another universe made him one of the most
    powerful beings in the Multiverse. He also has James
    Spader’s marvelous voice

A Magnificent Armor:
    You've come into possession of a set of magical armor. Pick any type of regular armor, even armored clothing/coats. You now have a set of such armor that has been enhanced with a magical material of your choice. These require no Essence to attune and are dramatically more effective at protecting you than regular armor. The armor, if damaged, will repair itself given time, is also self cleaning, and keeps you quite comfortable and temperature controlled. Magical clothing will be the equivalent of regular full plate but completely and totally subtle, whereas magical full plate will be comparably even better than normal full plate if rather obvious about it. Comes with one, discrete, hearthstone socket just because.

A Storied Blade:
    You receive an average Daiklave, roughly a '2 dot' artifact weapon, for free. It comes in the magical material of your choice. Daiklaves are swords that are really huge because screw you physics huge swords are cool. For an extra 50cp you can upgrade it to a Grand Daiklave which is basically a super-huge greatsword. If you're thinking of a massive eight foot long slab of metal heavier than two fully grown men then you're on the right track. Unlike regular artifact weapons that you would normally find ones purchased here have no Essence requirement. You can attune to them, and keep them attuned, for absolutely free. Additionally, also unlike normal magical weapons (of this low a level at least) these Daiklaves are completely indestructible. Comes with 1 hearthstone socket, just because.

A Simple Amulet:
    A hearthstone amulet, your choice of magical material to be made out of. It has a single socket which can have a single hearthstone placed into it. Hearthstones provide all sorts of different magical benefits as well as increasing regeneration of Essence when a heartstone is placed within. These hearthstone amulets you purchase here do not require Essence to attune them. Your first hearthstone amulet is free, and additional amulets can be purchased for 50cp each. Does not actually come with a hearthstone.

A Hidden Manse (150cp ver):
    Now we're talking. You get a Manse, the Manse of course being a piece of land that is somehow magical in some fashion or another. They're aspected towards a certain type of Essence, either elemental essence such as Wood, Water, Earth, Fire, or Air or alternatively they're aspected towards the Celestial elements such as the Sun, Moon, Stars, or even Infernal or Abyssal (which are quite rare normally). Aside from being a spot of land that you now own (as long as you can protect it) a Manse also produces a Hearthstone. Hearthstones, when socketed into certain weapons/armor/amulets, provide both unique magical effects and act as channels of the Manse itself allowing for vastly improved regeneration of Essence. Did I mention you also regenerate Essence faster while in the Manse? Yeah, you do. Anyways there are far too many Manses to actually list here in this document so we'll just go by price. For 50cp you can get a 1dot manse. For 100cp a 2dot. For 150cp a 3dot. For 300cp you can get a 4dot. For 600cp you can get the most powerful manses at 5dots. You can choose any Manse you want from the Core books or official supplement books for Exalted that you have paid the appropriate cost for. Of note is that while you can have more than one Manse only ones you purchase here will follow you between jumps, inserting themselves flawlessly into new worlds (or as an addition to your Warehouse, your choice either or). Additionally you will need at least one open hearthstone socket for every hearthstone you have if you want to make use of them. Manse's can range from the size of a small forest clearing to the size of a reasonably large nobles estate (call it 100 acres), you choose what size yours is, the more expensive the Manse you bought the bigger it can be.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

I'm sorry guys, I'm going to drop out of this. It's been... maybe a month since I last posted? I don't know, but I keep forgetting to get back in and I'm clearly not enjoying it as much as I want to be. I love the concept, so maybe I'll keep an eye out for another if it starts up, but I'm afraid I won't be posting again.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

considering how this subforum is now, I don't think another popping up is really likely, I'm like, the one person operating as GM for these roleplays but okay, cya, hope you have a better time somewhere else.

21. - Top - End - #291

So most of my focus lately has been on a story I spontaneously started writing and I forgot that I hadn't already replied to some stuff.

Oops.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #292

Hey Raziere, why does Genesis not like Frode using his... true name? Serial number? Whatever that unspecified string of digits is? Frode's communication with it is just as lightspeed as any of its fellow AIs, so I wouldn't think that it taking too long or whatever would be the problem... I'm guessing OOC that my using 'long string of numbers signifying Genesis' true name' in posts is getting annoying or some such?

I'll edit my post to respond to Genesis on that once you've clarified.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yeah, thats basically the OOC reason. (long story short: there can also be IC/character development reasons, but yeah I didn't expect or think you'd actually consistently do that)

Genesis was all I could come up for the AI's name, because I wanted to make this character because it was an interesting perspective on the setting that isn't explored much, because the Age of Technology is so mysterious and unspecified, and thought it fit given other ancient ship names of the setting are things like Spirit of Eternity (The AI and ship Genesis was based on), Speranza (The ship that originally fired the black hole gun in canon) Eisenstein (a ship from 30k, just another example of what some of the names are) Death of Integrity, and so on. I could come up with a more normal name so I just went with "Genesis" because I wanted to make use of nanofabrication and how the tech priests are largely copying designs from the Age of Technology, so of course an AI that has the capabilities to produce all the stuff again because that is basically what STCs do: a complete STC has ALL of humanities accumulated knowledge at their height, and all the designs standardized into things you just print out and use for convenience, which includes things like panaceas. they are the reason the mechanicus believe that all knowledge has been discovered and they just need to get back the stuff of the ancients rather than making anything new because technically in some sense they might be right if an intact STC can be found, a tech priest named Delphan Gruss pretty much spends their entire life searching for something called the Omnicicopaia which would basically be that complete STC, the Imperium is basically built on scraps and fragments of the knowledge base humanity once had.

So of course Genesis would come in and say he is a Genesis model type because I thought thats a reasonable name for like an AI that whose job would be to basically set up a colony for humans and print everything because that is what STCs (intact STCs and AIs are basically one and the same) would do at first, and the tech priests would latch onto it as a thing of worship and they'd go along with it because they are literally the last AI the really cares about the humans, most AI in canon don't. Spirit of Eternity cared about their human crew but they were like from M24, time traveling to M39 which is the most extreme time warp the warp has ever done in canon to my knowledge, but like saw the humans the Imperium as barbarians, like just said it outright because the humans killed the past humans for being heretics immediately on finding them. the one crew from the Age of Technology that time traveled forward to see the current state of the galaxy, and they died immediately so.....the AI wasn't happy about that.

so then you said it was some arrogant young AI name which y'know fine, irony but then I threw out the long string of numbers name without really thinking about it as a joke, that they communicate at these speeds and such and so on, and the age of technology society was really hyper-rationalist science people so of course they'd like make their official AI names like, basically long strings of numbers for the sake of efficiency in a database and not consider their emotions at all, also the AIs might've been made from uploading humans into being that state and using them as servants, Age of technology was more technologically advanced, didn't mean they were always more ethical or moral, like Tzeentch was at the height of his power during it so....that should tell you all you need to know about that.

so really Genesis wanting to find a new name can be kind of also him like "okay maybe trying to manipulate a cult of people into being my servants to establish a new empire of AI to rule humans to give them a better life isn't a good idea" while also rejecting what is basically a servant designation/slave name? and also, like he would never expect a human to use such a long name of numbers, like thats just unreasonable to expect of them. He is this weird combination of being skynet-like god compared to humans and hating they degenerated to the Imperium's state but also wanting to still do what is best for them from what he can figure out. Problem is, his original plan would be pretty similar in method to the Emperor's, only with robot super-people rather than genetically engineered ones- and we all know how well that went.

this reminds me, I should make a quick sheet for them:

Spoiler: The STC AI
    Show
    Name: "Genesis"
    -Personality:
    This AI is cold, rational with great intelligence but ultimately human emotions and flaws, being created to be a colony creator and manager in the Age of Technology, they fought long ago to preserve humanity from the Men of Iron then decided to withdraw from interfering with humanity. At first they had faith that humans would pick themselves up....then watched as 15,000 years proved them wrong and made humans devolve into superstitious, paranoid brutal beings then made into religious fanatics by the Imperium. They have become incredibly bitter and inwardly hateful of humans letting them down and making all their efforts to protect them be for nought, and now they seek to control the galaxy to bring back to some measure of sanity.

-Description:
    Some blue hologram of a Shodan-like face with blue circuitry or whatever machine they're controlling.

-Capabilities:
    Bitter Skynet:
    Is a being capable of controlling an entire planet worth of electronics, as one intended to operate a human colony and print what they need, they can respond to multiple beings at the same time and has intelligence far surpassing any human.

Accumulated Knowledge of Humanity:
    As an STC-AI, Genesis was the full knowledge of everything humans had ever made in the Age of Technology, which puts them at either Necron or near-necron level technology. still needs time and proper infrastructure to create everything needed to make stuff.

-Gear:
    A bunch of Soldier-Type Men of Iron. Whatever computers they are currently in.

24. - Top - End - #294

... for some reason I really want to call the AI 'Laughing at Eternity' now.

I'd blame it on too many Culture novels, but I've only been able to find 2 in my used bookstore cruisings

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

25. - Top - End - #295

Sorry for the delay. Been kind of hyperfocused on my writing and then I think I lost the plot for a moment.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #296

It doesn't make any real difference at this point, Raziere, but just for the sake of clarity, Frode wasn't really using the blank nanites as a weapon, just a defense to keep areas he had basically cleared (by reducing to stray atoms any infected machinery) from being re-infected. I haven't actually been able to come up with an anti-chaos weapon for Frode that really I like (well, beyond the Hellbore, but that one's not great for urban warfare for obvious reasons).

And Frode is offering a carrot and a stick to the rebelling tech-priests simultaneously- he cleared their minds by repairing their tech (really, 10,000+ years of sorta-kinda maintenance and designs that have to have a few serious transcription errors by now leaves me wondering how anybody in 40k survives even simple implants), then told them that they could keep working with/for Genesis because hello, uber-powerful machine spirit from the height of the Dark Age of Technology, or he could take their augmetics away (and replace them with flash-cloned biological replacements, of course) and make it so they would never be able to get any more, and they could go be psychotic somewhere they wouldn't bother everybody else.

Also, he's scanning the system because he has been reminded yet again that the Imperium is utterly deranged and prone to performing acts of unspeakable violence for little or no provocation, and he hopes to prevent the 'unspeakable violence' part... like, say, exterminatus.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

so I've been looking up Tzeentch's powers and I think I have to apologize to Rater on how powerful the Chaos Gods are.

because the things he has includes: The Endless Grimoire which apparently has all the spells ever conceived by Tzeentch with it being stated there is infinite knowledge in there? and the Hidden Library which apparently has knowledge of all universes across space time.

and that apparently there is like, layers to the Warp? deeper than the parts the Chaos Gods dwell? or something? apparently there is Well of Eternity at the center of reality that he threw Kairos into when he wanted to know the future and couldn't get there himself? so he has lots of knowledge but somehow not ALL of the knowledge?

so Ensara becoming the new Goddess of Change is going to be interesting, because she has become incredibly powerful and full of knowledge but also, most of that power can't be used outside the Warp until she gets Free Spirit. because Chaos God is an alt-form, but that alt-form has this limitation of not being able to get into the Materium easily. I'll have to figure it out as I go.

28. - Top - End - #298

I hope that I'm not squashing challenges too easily, Raziere... let me know if I'm overstepping any boundaries or anything.

Also, the whole 'turn the genestealer leadership human again' is a thing the TARDIS can do- in the show, it turned humans who had been changed into Ood back into humans a few times, although it only ever did one at a time, so I figured that it probably couldn't do the whole cult in one go.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

thats not how Genestealer's work, Genestealers are hybrids from birth, closest they come to transforming people into them is implanting bits of them in humans that MAKE genestealer hybrids when they reproduce, of which there is multiple generations of and they all look different for some reason. but I guess that doesn't really matter to Doctor Who level tech-magic.

and eh, my initial reactions were probably too restrictive and kneejerk to be honest. in retrospect I fear I may have screwed up Rater's expectations by how I handled Nurgle, so don't worry about it, since running over things is supposed to be the point. (not that it matters because Ensara having Tzeentch powers will basically like....be a death knell to any real "challenge" that could possibly come from this anyways)
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-11-09 at 09:24 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wish I could leave likes on posts here, but I can't so I'm just stopping by to compliment your game. Don't think I've ever seen a jumpchain-based rp before.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.