New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Jumpers Vs. Wh40k ITP OOC 1

...I mean "big deal" in terms of our narative.

I don't know if Pamela and Molly are going to be around enough to need their own text colors.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #62

For future reference: While it should be obvious who the DC Half of Molly and Rose are, especially since I've flat-out said it in-text, their Marvel Halfs aren't as mainstream.

Rose's other half is Klara "Rose Red" Prast and Molly's is Molly "Bruiser" Hayes.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Okay whoops, I screwed up the Warp physics thing there uuuh....hm...that is NOT the intended message at all, it should not be useless to try and learn, I screwed up, how to fix that....
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #64

So the thought occurs to me that given the perks and powers that Alexandra has, she can probably just make music happen by manipulating air particles.

I'm not saying that she made a dubstep soundtrack happen in Esnara's general vicinity with no obvious source at some point during the trip over, but I'm not saying that she didn't either.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah sure that could happen, fun little prank why not.

I intended to like, make sheets for people, but I'm tired right now still haven't made one for the Navigator, Eldrad and Eldar character. if what I've looked up what people say about Eldrad is correct, he might actually be one of the few people capable of fighting like, DBZ level people, so statting him is a bit more important than most.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-11-14 at 01:40 AM.

6. - Top - End - #66

Show of hands, who's still here?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

still here.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Still here. Just been facing a few minor setbacks.
    We are FREE of
    BEER! As in, we don't have any beer.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

I'm also here. I'm covering for a colleague at work which has messed my schedule up something dreadful. Sorry about the delay- I've been meaning to post for about a week, just unable to find the time.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #70

Gold Leaf, please post something here the next time you're online so we know if you're still here or not.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

been meaning to post these characters:

Spoiler: Eldrad Ulthran, Eldar Farseer of Craftworld Ulthwe
    Show

Name: Eldrad Ulthran
    -Personality:
    He cares about the Eldar people and works to ensure their survival. He is careful to choose the option that has the least amount of at least Eldar lives lost. He knows that the fate of humans and Eldar is intertwined and is willing to do anything to defeat Chaos.

-Description:
    Tall elf, wears long black robes with various designs, and wears a helm to protect himself from the warp, has his staff always with him.

-Capabilities:
    Power Level: Solar System Level/Alpha Plus Level Psyker

Ten-Thousand Year Genius:
    Is incredibly intelligent even among Eldar and has ten thousand years of experience and knowledge, and holds unrivaled powers of foresight allowing to formulate strategies centuries or millennia in advance

Psyker Capabilities:
    Eldrad is immensely psychically powerful, being the most power psyker in the galaxy capable of surviving a fight against Magnus the Red, Abaddon and defeat Kairos Fateweaver. Is the most powerful Farseer of the entire Eldar race, capable of seeing further into the future, and with more precision than any other. Capable of stopping time, accelerating time, slowing time,a ccelerating time and reversing time, Can foresee possible future events that will not come to pass for 10,000 years, observe events across the Galaxy as they occur, foresee countless variations of his possible deaths, and observe the uncountable millions of billions of individual strands of fate of every individual in the Galaxy, Immensely above regular Alpha Level Psykers, who can control the populations of entire worlds. Should be above Teturact, who mind-controlled the populations of twelve solar systems, Through the Revenant Psychic Discipline, he can instantly kill his foe by severing the cord of his fate, telepathy on a galactic scale, Portal Creation across a galactic-scale, if assisted and/or given a brief amount of preparation, Can open portals into the Immaterium and cast his foes to its depths, can banish Daemons back into the Warp, Can undo wounds and re-knit skin with a thought, Can boil the blood of his enemies, Can manipulate darkness to conceal himself, and reveal concealed foes, Can create an astral doppelganger of himself, Can amplify his and his allies' physical and psychic powers, while lowering those of his foes, Psychic Barriers, Illusion Creation (Affects even Primarchs), Can Bypass Durability with several Psychic Abilities, Resistance to Psychic Powers, Possession, Mind Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, Probability Manipulation, Life and Death Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Existence Erasure and Matter Manipulation

Great Eldar soul:
    His presence in the Warp is Astronomicon-like, smaller and weaker than the real thing but similar enough to be comparable to due to his power.

Crystallizing Twilight:
    Eldrad is slowly crystallizing with age, as all Eldar Farseers eventually do. However, by unknown means he has managed to significantly slow down the process, which is why he has lived for as long as he has.

-Gear:
    -Staff of Ulthamar:
    The baroque and priceless force staff carried by Eldrad Ulthran is far more than just a symbol of his office, and is even more ancient than the venerable Ulthran himself. Made from the purest wraithbone, it bears the spirit stones of the first Seer Council of Ulthwé. Each Craftworld has an infinity circuit: A complex wraithbone endoskeleton that runs throughout the Craftworld and houses the spirits of dead Eldar. The Staff of Ulthamar forms a hyperspatial link to the infinity circuit of Craftworld Ulthwé. To the weak, the babble of thousands of ghost-voices channelled by the staff would quickly erode all sanity. To one as strong as Eldrad, the staff can act as a conduit, directing a reservoir of psychic power to aid his fellows or destroy his enemies.

-Armour of the Last Runes: Eldrad's armor is engraved with numerous runes which speak of enduring until the final dying of the light. These runes act as incredibly powerful wards against harm, allowing Eldrad a good chance to ignore attacks of any intensity due to their mysterious spiritual power.

-Witch Blade: A powerful Eldar sword carried by seers which is capable of destroying even the most dangerous of foes both physically and spiritually.

-Shuriken Pistol: As all shuriken weapons do, the shuriken pistol fires projectiles with monomolecular-thin edges, allowing them to slice through even the toughest of materials with ease.

-Ghosthelm: A helm worn by Eldar psykers which allows them to conceal their presence in the Warp, taking away much of the risk of using their powers.

Spoiler: Kaerabryn, Eldar Ranger
    Show

Name: Kaerabryn, Eldar Ranger
    -Personality:
    She is a rebellious hundred-ager, equivalent to a teenager in Eldar terms. She believes in taking more risks to save the Eldar people, and doesn't like the restrictive lifestyle of the Eldar Craftworlds.

-Description:
    Has blue and purple hair, black and white eldar armor, and carries around an Eldar Sniper rifle.

-Capabilities:
    Eldar Ranger: She is skilled in stealth and survival, sniping, swordplay and generally working on her own, speaking various languages throughout the galaxy, solo piloting and so on

Immaterial Martial Art: Wandering Warp Ronin Style
    A martial art combining physical and power over the Immaterium from the old Eldar empire, it allows the user to teleport through the Warp, cut small rifts in space with blades to suck people into the warp, empower her strikes to destroy demons and deal great damage to everyone else, open warp rifts inside people, or unleash warp energies through punctured rifts, use bullets to make warp zones to tear people apart, and other warp rift martial art tricks
    Techniques:
    -Step of the Warp: Teleport a short range
    -Materium-Rending Palm: Opens small rifts into the warp to tear up people's organs from the inside
    -Daemon-Slaying Strike: empowers her strikes with psychic energy to shock people and deal damage to daemons to kill them permanently
    -Foe-Devouring Slash: Opens a rift into the warp that sucks the enemy into the Warp to destroy them
    -Mayhem-Inducing Shot: fires a shot from to hit an are and create a miniature Warp zone akin to the Eye of Terror where the laws of reality break down and the user can manipulate to their advantage
    -Outer Ocean Stance: wreathes herself in a field of Warp energy like a force field to enhance her own abilities as if like armor of flexible reality.
    -Breach-Sealing Grip: Wraps her hand in psychic energy to grabs two sides of a rift and force it closed to mend the crack in reality

Eldar Biology:
    Eldar are long-lived by human standards, and most will live more than a thousand years unless they die from accident or disease. Eldar also have much faster metabolic rates than humans, and their cardiac and neurological systems are more advanced. These traits manifest in their vastly heightened reactions and agility compared to humans. To them humans seem to move in slow motion with a certain degree of awkwardness, while to humans the Eldar can move with distracting grace and can be blindingly fast in combat. Eldar are mentally far superior to humans, and feel all emotions much more strongly, requiring the Eldar to exercise constant restraint to avoid mental breakdown. As a race they have a high level of psychic ability, which serves as the foundation of their technology.
    However The Eldar gestation period is much longer than most races, and the process of reproduction being done in stages, making accidental Eldar birth impossible.

-Gear: Cameleoline Cloak, Aeldari Mesh Armour (With Void Gear mod), Ranger Long Rifle, Shuriken Pistol, Knife, Spirit Stone, Bedroll, Blanket, Magnoculars, Eldar Power Sword.

Spoiler: Zhargeon the Archeognostic
    Show

Name: Zhargeon the Archeognostic
    -Personality:
    A knowledge-seeking villain, wishing to find an Eldar weapon capable of creating anything from the Warp called The Forge of Vaul, he is ambitious, scheming believes himself incredibly intelligent. He has a vested interest exploring various ruins of the past believing there many secrets to learn from it to gain great power. He wishes to someday surpass Ahriman and perhaps even Magnus The Red.

-Description:
    He looks like an experienced thousand sons sorcerer, a blue space marine with egyptian and tzeentchian themes such as tentacles, eyes, ravens in his armor design and a sorcerer staff with the eight arrows of chaos on top

-Capabilities:
    Archetype: Thousand Sons Sorcerer
    Is an Alpha Level Psyker in terms of power

Tzeentchian Archaeologist:
    Knows a lot of lore and knowledge about the ancient ruins and civilizations that most do not- and maybe even things that no one should know.

Space Marine Biology:
    their enhancements allow them various benefits can see in low light conditions, superior vision, immunity to dizziness and motion sickness, filter out and enhance certain sounds,breath in low oxygen or poisonous atmospheres, protection from radiation, poison immunity, enhanced taste, taste-tracking, resistance to extreme heat and cold, spit corrosive blinding poison, use space marine power armor, can read by eating biological things, can sleep for 4 hours a day or go 2 weeks without sleep, super-strength, bulletproof bones, rapid healing, enter suspended animation, can run 21km per hour, sprint 85kph, leap 10 meters in the air, and carry 1000kg of weight, lift 2000kg and push 4000kg. Fear immunity.

Rubric of Ahriman:
    Has a great degree of control of his abilities than most sorcerers and greater willpower than most to protect against mental attacks, as well as having dust Thousand Son Rubric Marines that obey him.

Telepathy:
    Can communicate with people telepathically, psychic scream, make illusions in peoples minds to confuse them.

Telekinesis:
    Can use general telekinesis and fly, crush things in his telekinetic grip, and generally move things with his mind

Divination:
    can see the future useful both strategically and in personal combat precognition to dodge or predict where people are going to be to strike them.

Tzeentchian Sorcery:
    -Abhorrent Ward:
    a ward that makes the sorcerer look psychically horrifying to anyone who looks upon them
    -Foul Cage
    spawns tentacles full of spikes and thorns from the ground that ensnare and damage foes
    -Gift of Chaos:
    forces mutations upon people with the Warp
    -Warptime:
    enhances his speed and reflexes to unnatural heights
    -Winds of Chaos:
    unleashes a wave of azure flame energy in 30 degree cone
    -Bolt of Change:
    Fires a flame that can burn or mutate people into chaos spawn
    -Flicker:
    becomes incorporeal, but cannot cross charged barriers, holy wards, or energy wards such as a Gellar field or Void shield
    -Mindscourge:
    attacks someone with psychic sliver that stays in head and keeps damaging the foe mentally
    -Protean Form:
    reshapes ones own body for various effects like liquid or clay, but causes psychic phenomena as it does
    -Aether Worm:
    psychically implanted parasite that at first protects the targets mind and boosts their psychic power, and has easy access to that person's mind.
    -Fate Loom:
    boosts fortune for a few moments to be healed, and to affect fate more strongly, but after the moments are over pay a high price in fate for it.
    -Labyrinthine Conundrum:
    implants an all-consuming mystery in a victims head that is unsolvable, the victim has to realize it cannot be solved or they soon will fall into coma after trying to figure it out under a minute.
    -Mask of Deceit:
    disguises themselves as someone else of the same species for deception
    -Storm of Change:
    rain of blue fire from above and burns and mutates people
    -Blasphemy Made flesh:
    make people try to aim at him miss in revulsion of his presence
    -Hellish Blast:
    more powerful warp blast
    -Primordial Annihilation:
    explosion of warp energy centered on the sorcerer harming everyone around them but not harming themselves and burnin away material reality by making perils of the warp appear
    -Sunder the Veil:
    sunders the veil between the materium and the warp to summon demons to fight for him and making all psychic power go out of control while its there.

-Gear:
    Legion Bolt Pistol, Demon-Possessed Force Sword, Talisman of Tzeentch, Warp Staff,

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

To be honest, I might have to drop out of this one. Life has been getting in the way super hard lately and when I can find the time to make a post, the motivation frustratingly just isn't there. I think if I bail, it'll be healthier for me and less complicated for you.
    We are FREE of
    BEER! As in, we don't have any beer.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, understandable. Do what you need to do.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-01-03 at 07:13 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

Edward wouldn't count any of his abilities as 'psychic'. However, they're all supernatural, and some of them (allomancy, feruchemy & the Outsider's mark) draw upon realms and existences roughly analogous to the Warp to one extent or another. Scadrial and the Cosmere are divided into a Physical, Cognitive and Spiritual realm, with Investiture- which is what powers his Allomancy and Feruchemy- drawn from the Spiritual realm whilst the Cognitive realm has some overlap with the Warp, whilst the Outsider's Mark draws upon the power of the Void. His Thu'um is also drawn from his soul. Would any of them work or are they all cancelled out by Nemesis? I've got no familiarity with the anime in question to which to make a guess, only what you've written in your post.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Anima Beyond Fantasy is not an anime, its a roleplaying game, but I understand the confusion. its a very anime-like ttrpg

As for your abilities, lets see....the way Anima divides these things is in a very specific way. This specific application of Nemesis? Only cancels psychic stuff. Only. It does not cancel anything else. There are other techniques to cancel other things, but they have to be specifically be used. Notably it has no technique to cancel out divine magic or at least the settings equivalent of divine magic. Unfortunately for Wh40k, everything magic is technically psychic, so its pretty much pointless to use the other cancellation techniques. All the magic, all the souls, its all psychic stuff as far as Wh40k is concerned. Not even the Chaos Gods are real gods, they're psychic beings with godlike powers, technically.

Normal Magic is not cancelled with these technique, so things like Thu'um? Not cancelled, and Thu'um could be considered a form of divine magic too probably given its origins. anything spiritual? also not cancelled, because spiritual is closer to divine magic than psychic. Since Allomancy and Feruchemy draw on spiritual stuff, not cancelled. Void? That doesn't sound psychic and in fact sounds like Nemesis wouldn't affect it just like divine magic, so not cancelled.

is this all semantics? yes. Technically I'm just making these up rulings based on conceptual logic and what things are named and such, but when you get far enough in Jumpchain nonsense it all becomes conceptual semantic stuff running on definition, semantics and conceptual things, so I'm assuming that at some deep metaphysical level its all some weird conceptual nonsense. So unless they're explicitly called psychic or the like, they're not cancelled.

(Edit: and this is all not getting into how technically by ABF's system mechanics that the cancellation is not absolute, more like a really strong suppression because its coming from someone who trained it up to max and one could technically use psychic powers in it actually, it would just be very hard to do or come out real weak)
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-01-29 at 01:26 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Allomancy and Feruchemy are genetic abilities, passed down through families. Except where Hemalurgy gets involved, anyway. The Spiritual Realm is where souls are, and it's actually nothing to do with gods, exactly. The godlike Shards are powered by the Spiritual Realm, rather than powering it, so the reverse of gods and clerics in D&D. Although the Shards are pieces of a creator entity that probably wasn't an actual god, and both the creator and the Shards have shaped religion and culture. Allomancy, Feruchemy and Hemalurgy are metal-based magics, drawing Investiture in various ways using metal as a conduit. The Spiritual Realm is basically... leylines, a source of power for people to manipulate if they have the ability. So it's not 'divine' in context, no more than leyline magic would be assuming souls were knots of leylines people carried around with them. Not all Cosmere magics are metallic like this; in fact, only Scadrial's are, but they all derive power from the Spiritual Realm. The Shards have some control over the application of magic in the world they've invested in, but it's not absolute. The abilities of the Outsider are pretty explicitly magic, too; in Dishonored 2, the Outsider himself calls it magic, and the Abbey of the Everyman decries the Void, the Outsider, and witchcraft. So I don't think even in context that any form of Cosmere magic would count as 'divine', except possibly managing to grab a Shard. Although doing that is tricky; nobody leaves Shards just lying around, and whilst Shardholders have died mostly afterwards their Shards are splintered.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

None of that matters.

ABF defines the psychic powers that Nemesis suppresses as literal pop-cultural telekinesis/telepathy and so on stuff, its basically ABF's version of psions. And defines Magic and Ki as two separate distinct systems that require completely different Nemesis techniques to suppress them.

WH40k psykers is suppressed because its defines its magical force by the same vibes and language used for other psychic powers, drawing upon the sci-fi tradition of using psychic as its form of magical force without actually being magic.

So unless Edward is a psion/persona user/jean grey/Biotic/whatever else that is explicitly called or treated as a psychic or whatever, this specific cancellation should not affect him.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, Thousand Blades Style preview is up for the new Exalted book! makes me wish that I put it on Ensara earlier. oh well, she still has Opiuchus from anima beyond fantasy, which is close. (basically what Thousand Blade Style is, imagine Unlimited Blade Works without the reality marble stuff and with the ability to choose the weapon you want to telekinetic wield large amounts of instead of just being swords)

maybe she will sign a deal with Tzeentch to get it anyways and cause some bad things to happen as a result, who knows.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

I'm thinking of editing Edward's sheet a little. He should've gone deep into alchemy in Skyrim, since he's already got the whale oil natural philosophy perk and he'd be able to use healing potions alongside his feruchemy to stash a load of health and healing in his warehouse. Store a load of health in a ring, chug a healing potion, keep going until it's full. At the time, I didn't want to be overpowered, but... now I realise that's the point of jumpchain.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, there are some things that looking back I wish I did on my character to.

Sorry we didn't communicate this clearly and that you feel bad. to be fair/accurate/whatever, nothing about Jumpchain really says that you HAVE to be overpowered, technically. it just seems to be way it ends up a lot of the time, and according to some "start jumpchain doc" that exists there is multiple types of Jumper and the kind that goes overpowered is just one type let me see if I can find what it says....
    Quote Originally Posted by Generic First Jumpchain Doc
    What kind of Jumper are you? Well, you don’t really know yet, so instead, what kind of
    Jumper do you think you are going to be? Obviously most Jumpers will have aspects from all of
    these categories, but what is your focus?

The Tourist
    These types of Jumpers are in it for the experience. They want to visit their favorite
    settings, meet their favorite characters, maybe fix a few things the original author got wrong in
    their opinion. For them, it is all about the world they are visiting.

The Collector
    These Jumpers want something and they will scour every setting they enter to find what
    they want. That goal might be to have all the magic swords, to assemble the best harem, to
    grab all the Intelligence perks and become the smartest person ever. They are most inspired by
    Ash Ketchum and his quest to “catch them all”.

The Creator
    These Jumpers are trying to create something. They may want to assemble an
    unstoppable army, to build the largest possible spaceship, to create a personal afterlife, to start
    a chain of fine-dining waffle restaurants, to have a galactic empire following them around the
    Multiverse, but no matter the goal, they want a legacy, something they created.

The Power Gamer
    These Jumpers are in it for personal power. They will take the strongest perks in any
    Jump, often heaping on Drawbacks to pay for more and more. When they walk through the
    Valley of the Shadow of Death, they always want to be the biggest badass in the Valley.
    I dunno if this true or just the jumpchain docs opinion, probably the latter, but its pretty plausible that some might just want to tour a setting, some might want to create something around them and so on instead of just being overpowered. its okay if not everyone does it for the same reasons or is as powerful as someone else- technically Rater's the real jumpchain person. I'm only a little less new to it than you are and just binged a lot to learn how it works. but if you feel you want to be stronger or whatever thats also fine to, I'll allow you to train up out of universe skills- after all that is what Ensara is doing with her martial arts so....it'd be hypocritical for me to deny you the same opportunity.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

It's not your fault at all, don't worry. I chose the settings I went for because I was familiar with them, and they have stuff I like in them which I delved into. Edward's the one who went through Skyrim the same way I did, going stealth. But I then secondarily go archery and tertiary is conjuration; Edward... kinda didn't. He's far more mobile than the average Dovahkiin, due to Blink and the agility of Dishonored. Mostly he didn't go into magic because I didn't want to have to worry about what spells and stuff he'd have learnt (and he should have gone for bound sword at the very least; it's always useful to have a backup nobody can take away from you). Edward's secondary was melee, he's got a complete set of dragonscale armour complete with sword in his warehouse. He did probably do the Mage's College, but... probably with a mix of the bare basic magic and the Outsider's gift. I, through Edward, have gone mostly Tourist and Collector. Except his collection's mostly mementoes and souvenirs, he has a few things he frankly thinks are either really cool (the Tallboy) or too dangerous to leave behind (Mehrune's Razor).

Mostly this is an exploit that literally only occurred to me a few days ago, so it's me thinking 'Oh, I should have done that'. Especially as I do feel a little overshadowed, like... Edward's an assassin and thief, whereas Alexandria's a superhero embodying hope and Ensara's most of the way to godhood.

22. - Top - End - #82

Mostly posting to make sure that we don't lose the thread, though I'm considering retconning Molly's appearance.

Her "Harley" aspects are currently based on 90s Harley, thinking of nudging her to look more like modern Harley.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #83

Would it be okay if I added a Jumper to serve as an antagonist?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

sure, if you want, why not.

25. - Top - End - #85

So this slipped my mind when I was writing out her profile, but... Alex's Enlightenment perk lets her see people's emotions.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, this may be a ridiculous question, but is this RP still open for newbies? If not, no worries, I was just thinking I'd like to try my hand at FFRP again (it's been a few years, and it wasn't on the GiantITP forums). I've got a couple of ideas for characters (either an 'embodiment of story' type, combining Dream of the Endless, Marvel's Loki [post god-of-stories... retcon?], and the mythical Anansi, or else a 'better living through technology' type, with powers from Marvel [Forge, Madison Jeffries/Box, and maybe Iron Man's Endo-Sym armour], and an Autobot with a TARDIS alt-mode), although either or both are open to change if they wouldn't fit as they currently are... kind of leaning towards the ubertechie at the moment.

If the answer's 'yes', I'll be taking a day or two to read back a ways, and figure out the whole 'jumper' thing at least enough to create the characters correctly.
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

yeah, its always open.

as for your picks.....those will probably work? though to clarify:

A jumper is a character who quite specifically, jumps between worlds and is built using jumpchain docs, my three my character has been built with/based off for example:

Exalted:
    https://i.4pcdn.org/tg/1493836936074.pdf

Magic the Gathering:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1meM...s_Rjzaacz/view

Anima Beyond Fantasy:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By8...3OGnjm_vMI3j2A

though to be honest, I kiiiiiind screwed up/fudged some of the details on these for Ensara, like technically the mentor option doesn't allow me to get a Sidereal mentor or the MtG not ACTUALLY granting me a post-jumper spark that Jumpchain docs refer to, things like that. they're more writing prompts than hard rules, because typically a jumpchain is a single-player/author kind of thing.

and thus by jumpchain rules a character has spent 30 years, 10 years for each world. like we built our powers by finding a jumpchain doc for all the powers we list in our sheets then take those in the doc with the points given then put it all together in a sheet, but also technically character creation doesn't actually require that, like you can plausibly find jumps for all those powers you listed and even have like 30 years to plausibly master and improve upon them, but I'd say it probably helps to know what jumpchain docs are to get what the premise kind of is, if nothing else.

either character concept will probably work, just don't expect the Wh40k universe to be able to throw things that can plausibly challenge at you all the time if your going powerful.

28. - Top - End - #88

I can help find documents if you need it.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I can help find documents if you need it.
    I'd appreciate that.

And Raziere, I'm going to go with the ubertechie to start- I was actually shooting for a trickster/narrative-causality-wielder vibe with the other, but on reflection I kind of overshot that mark just a wee bit >.0

Will see what I can do with the documents and hopefully have something ready for review in the next couple of days.
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

And Raziere, I'm going to go with the ubertechie to start- I was actually shooting for a trickster/narrative-causality-wielder vibe with the other, but on reflection I kind of overshot that mark just a wee bit >.0
    well technically we didn't actually put any rules on power level.

but at the same time, I know of the EXACT jumpchain doc that could literally make a character that could make like, multiverses upon multiverses of 40k irrelevant in comparison to them, didn't take it for this and its probably wise not to allow it, so.....fair.