New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Jumpers Vs. Wh40k ITP OOC 1

Oh... er, I suppose it would help if I mentioned which documents I was needing. Thinking an X-Men one, Transformers, and Dr. Who. Also the base Jumpchain doc, if there is such a thing- the one that explains Jumper perks and whatnot.
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground

On X-Men docs: There's more than one Doc for that kind of thing.

I'm quite fond of this one but I'm biased for obvious reasons. it covers the current generation of X-Men comics as well as Dan Slott's Fantastic Four, Jason Aaron's Avengers, Kieron Gillen's Eternals, a few comics that proceed but lead into that era, and a few generic Marvel Universe things.

If you have a different preference or this one isn't good for you let me know.

Likewise, for Transformers, there are multiple docs, I'm gonna need your preference.

Here's one for Doctor Who
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    Oh... er, I suppose it would help if I mentioned which documents I was needing. Thinking an X-Men one, Transformers, and Dr. Who. Also the base Jumpchain doc, if there is such a thing- the one that explains Jumper perks and whatnot.
    here is a glossary of terms of jumpchain:
    https://i.4pcdn.org/tg/1569147300673.pdf

there are probably multiple X-men ones, given how long-running transformers multiple ones of those as well, your going to have be specific as to what incarnation of these you want. the Dr. Who there are only two I know, but one of them just straight up offers better options, rater linked to you to the good one
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-04-20 at 08:05 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #94

Thanks for the linkage- for Transformers, G1 would be my preference, since that's what I'm actually at least somewhat familiar with.
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

5. - Top - End - #95

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #96

EDIT- Nevermind, didn't read something close enough.

Other than that, I think I'm about ready to start writing things up, and I don't think it'll take too terribly long unless I get a serious case of writer's block.

EDIT2: Working through the various powers/perks right now. Hopefully going to finish that and the writing tomorrow.
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-04-21 at 05:35 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

I went for settings I'm familiar with, Dishonored, Mistborn and Skyrim. I also could have made picks that would have potentially made Edward closer to Ensara or Alex in power; a full Feruchemist or Mistborn, rather than a Misting with a hemalurgic spike, for example, or used a different Mistborn doc to cover the Waxilliam era and go Twinborn and hemalurgy, but I was worried about overpower and didn't read everyone else's jumpdocs and wasn't immediately familiar with... well, most of the universes chosen so far. Only Portal and Magic: the Gathering, with a limited understanding of Exalted from Keychain of Creation.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Also I've been considering if the Benefactors can make this a different Jump where you earn perks by doing things or something like that rather than getting them at the start or something. so that there is some other way to progress rather than just training or gathering the settings various technologies. that sound like a good idea?

9. - Top - End - #99

I am now imagining Alexandra gaining the powers of a Living Saint after decimating a Chaos force and being really pissy about it after she spent all that time denying being an aspect of the Emperor.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #100

So, how are we going to go about introducing my character? As a TARDIS Transformer (among other things), location isn't really much of a barrier, since, well, TARDIS. If it's okay, I'm just going to pop him into the setting, pick you guys up on sensors (since, frankly, picking up transdimensional harmonics or whatever is pretty solidly in the TARDIS' wheelhouse, even if he couldn't build another doohickey to do the same with virtually no effort), and pop over to you, then work from there.

In any case... oof. This is kind of long, hopefully I've got everything I needed to.

Sheet:
    Frode Trygvessen (pronounced Fro-yeh, pretty much)
    Spoiler
    Show

Age: Mentally, mid- to late-fifties, physically he looks like he could be anywhere from a slightly rough 20-something to a fresh-faced 40-something.
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 210 lbs.
    Species: Mutant/Cybertronian/TARDIS
    Station: Jumper

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Frode has what you'd probably call classically viking features- high, sharp cheekbones, a beaky nose, and a somewhat pointed chin. His eyes are dark enough that the colour is actually a bit hard to figure out, although brown's probably a safe bet. His hair's kept short enough that any colour besides 'dark-ish' is tough to call, although he does have the quintessentially Marvel 'white at the temples' thing going on.

He's got the typically Marvel heroic build, although he's a bit more rawboned than the average for that, built like somebody who's done hard outdoor labour, rather than the more usual bodybuilder look.

He very often wears a set of tough olive dun coveralls and workboots as his primary outfit.

As a cybertronian, he's an odd mix of sleek and boxy- basically, his cybertronian parts are slim and streamlined, while his TARDIS kibble adds a much boxier aspect to his silhouette. He's predominantly TARDIS blue, white, and some silver highlights.

As a TARDIS, his default mode is the classic police box (as the TARDIS scanned belonged to a certain Doctor), although his chameleon circuit is in full working order and he can look like pretty much anything from the size of a briefcase to the size of Jupiter.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Frode is a laid-back, blunt-spoken genius on his good days. On bad days, he's mostly holding it together as a traumatized wreck thanks to his experiences in the last jump. On just about any day, though, he finds the universes and all their secrets endlessly fascinating, and loves to figure out what makes those secrets tick and how they interact, and will happily bend your ear for hours about anything and everything technological.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Life before jumping was... honestly kind of boring for Frode. He had a decent job, and a good relationship with his family, but there was a restlessness in him that the somewhat same-y life in the South of Norway did nothing to help with. He found the Jumper site and filled things out on a whim, waking on Krakoa the next day.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    JUMP 1:
    Frode's arrival on Krakoa passed without comment; he was just another mutant joining the island nation. Courtesy of his new mutant powers, he very quickly found himself at the centre of the Krakoan technological revolution, along with Forge, Beast, Madison Jeffries, and others, and the constant excercising of his gifts made them grow far more rapidly than they would have otherwise.

So much so that when the hostile alt-Earth version of the X-Men's ally Karima Shapendar (the Omega Sentinel) took possession of the friendly cyborg and attacked, her possession was undone with a wave of Frode's hand, his technokinesis isolating the alien mindwaves into what was essentially a portable hard drive that was promptly ejected, leaving the raging AI supremacist helpless in a tiny box while the original Karima resurfaced, none the worse for the wear. The entire attack passed in moments.

With an Omega-level Technokineticist in the mutant nation, ORCHIS in general proved to be... significantly less of a threat. Hostile Sentinels were dealt with in much the same fashion as alt-Karima was, their ejected personality cores neatly wrapped and mailed back to ORCHIS, while their chassis were broken down at a molecular, or even atomic, level and the resources put into the general pool for all of Krakoa.

Once he had learned all that he believed it was possible for him to know from the mutant, Shi'ar, and future technology present on the island, restlessness assailed him again and he formally requested to be a techno-ambassador for Krakoa, working with the finest minds on Earth, and learning from Tony Stark, Reed Richards, Hank Pym, and many others, even Victor Von Doom. Sunspot's AIM connections allowed him access to their trove of technology, and by the time a few years had passed, Frode was travelling the stars under the auspices of the Shi'ar empire, the Starjammers, even SWORD on occasion, and searching out every piece of technology he could lay eyes on, once even catching a passing glimpse of Tau II before the panicked captain of the ship he was on vacated that entire galaxy with best possible speed.

During his time as mutant ambassador on Earth, Frode adopted the codename "Mender", as both "Forge" and "The Maker" were taken, both by the same person, which was somewhat unfair in Frode's opinion. There was apparently another 'Maker' out in the universe, but Frode learned just enough about him to want to stay very, very far away from even association with that lunatic.

While he was able to help with a number of crises, on both Earth and out among the stars, the majority of his time was spent studying and learning, delving deep into the inner workings of the Marvel Universe, until ten years had passed and the question that every Jumper becomes familiar with appeared in his dreams.

JUMP TWO:
    The next time Frode opened his eyes, they were glassy optics, and he was nearly three stories tall. The first thing he saw was a bright speck of light in the sky, racing past at impossible velocities. He focused on it, his vision abruptly zooming in in a way no organic could match, to catch sight of... a blue box?

In what was apparently a reflex of his new body, scanner beams shot out, enveloping the racing spacecraft(?) for an instant, just as it began to fade from view.

In that instant, Frode's mind touched another, far larger mind contained within what he abruptly knew as a TARDIS. There was a sense of very brief hesitation, then the scanner beams were allowed to connect, and Frode's enormous cybertronian body lived up to its name and transformed.

New senses exploded across his metallic skull. He saw a brief flash of chronal particles as the original TARDIS vanished into the multiverse on whatever inscrutable mission its mad master/partner was obsessed with today, a sense of farewell and well-wishing emanating from the fading wormhole. The Cybertron system spread out beneath his senses, faint gravitic ripples eddying the solar winds as Energon stores stood out on the planetary surface like brilliant purple lights.

Dubbed "Tesseract" Frode quickly found himself in the labs on Cybertron, working with Perceptor and Wheeljack, thanks to his prior knowledge and an inborn (inprogrammed?) knowledge of science that apparently marked him as a Scientist from 'birth'. His time in the labs was sadly brief, as he had already grown fond of and learned a great deal from the two semi-mad scientists, the most pertinent thing being the Cybertronian art of Overclocking. But high command had realized Frode had immensely powerful abilities thanks to his brush with Time Lord technology, possibly some of the most powerful abilities any Autobot had had access to in generations. And so on to the battlefield he went.

As Tesseract, Frode quickly became feared throughout the Decepticon forces, some of his exploits earning him the names 'Hungry Ghost of the Rust Sea' and 'the Death on the Acid Wastes', whole Decepticon squads simply vanishing, never to be seen or heard from again. This was thanks in large part to the Technokinetic powers he kept a very firm secret- as far as Frode ever knew, nobot in the Transformers universe ever discovered that particular secret of his.. at least, nobot that lived long enough to comment on it.

But he was far from helpless even without his mutant abilities- Frode had absorbed a great deal of knowledge from the TARDIS, including Venusian Aikido. He rarely used the weapons that seemed to come with his new body by default, preferring to use his impossibly strong tractor beams and his enemies' own momentum to do them in, or simply pick them up in the beams and smash them together until they stopped resisting.

And so ten years passed suprisingly quickly.

But the question never appeared. Instead, the world lurched in a way that nearly made his robot form vomit, impossibly, and he was... elsewhere.

JUMP III:
    The Great Time War nearly drove Frode mad.

Even his fantastically expanded intellect (courtesy of his mutant powers, his cybertronian reformatting due to the Eye of Harmony now within him, along with gaining an Omega-level intellect upon his arrival in the Whoniverse) and vast senses (thanks to his nature as an occasionally-humanoid TARDIS) could barely cope with the horrifying chaos that boiled space and nearly tore time itself into shreds.

No sooner had he materialized- thankfully in his TARDIS altmode- than his Sanctuary Bell rang, and orders from the Gallifreyan High Command echoed within his mind, barely beating a horde of Daleks to his position. Fighting Daleks, nigh-incomprehensible, borderline-compulsions from Gallifrey, and with space-time burning down around him, Frode was forced to retreat into a near-feral state just to survive.

He came back to himself floating in space, surrounded by broken wreckage and the occasional Dalek corpse, torn from its metallic shell and drifting in a tangled ruin of tentacles and frozen hate. Gingerly reaching out with his sensors, he brushed across another knot of raging, boiling spacetime... then another... and another... another... still another... he stopped counting past the first two or three dozen. It was going to take everything he had, everything he was, to even have a chance to stop this war.

And even that might not be enough.

Nearly three thousand years later, subjective time, he stood on a dune, watching down while a battered, exhausted War Doctor staggered down, slumping next to The Moment. A pause while the Doctor murmured to himself for a while, and then... "NO MORE."

With that, the Great Time War ended. And once again, Frode Trygvessen was somewhere else.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

JUMP ONE:

Drop-In: You’re a traveler from another world. An alternate timeline, a potential
    future, or maybe even a universe where the history of this one is published in the form
    of Comic Books. Regardless, you’re stranded here now and something about your
    extradimensional nature is causing a strange metaphysical reaction.

Comic Book Body (Free): Okay, this is a comic book world, which means a couple of
    things. First, everyone is reasonably good-looking in comics, unless it’s important for
    them not to be. You get to customize your appearance and can be anything: rugged,
    masculine, seductive, androgynous, delicate, feminine, cute, intimidating, or even
    monstrous. Or a combination of the above. If you are conventionally attractive, then
    you’re at least an eight out of ten. If you aren’t, then there’s still something about you
    that’s attractive in an exotic way or maybe you have a very expressive face that makes it
    easy to see who you are inside. As a bonus, your hair always looks nice and never grows
    longer than you want it to, your body is always clean, you never have to deal with
    blemishes, your wounds don’t leave scars unless you think one would improve your
    appearance in-which case it heals exactly how you would imagine, you don’t have to
    worry about unwanted body or facial hair, you never have a foul or unpleasant body
    odor, and you don’t have to brush your teeth or do other tedious body maintenance
    tasks. Post jump, you can toggle on and off any exotic or inhuman features you elected
    to give yourself.

Second, in comic books, a small child can outfight a grown man, an octogenarian can be
    more spry and active than a twenty-year-old, and people strong enough to lift tanks look
    more like models than bodybuilders. Your physical appearance has no bearing on your
    abilities or vice versa: If you have ever been an adult, then you have the physical
    attributes and mental faculties of an adult member of your current race regardless of
    your apparent age. Nor will your abilities or faculties erode in your old age. Likewise,
    your musculature isn’t directly proportionate to your physical attributes: You can be at
    the pinnacle of strength but only look like an average person, a massive muscle-man can
    still be as flexible and as quick as a gymnast, or someone in really bad shape could look
    perfectly fit. In short, your musculature is exactly as large and defined as you want it to
    be without any impact on your actual abilities positive or negative.

So... You Like to Party? (Free): So this is awkward but, to address another elephant
    in the room... Mutants, superhumans in this world in general if we’re being honest, have
    always had a rather liberal attitude toward sexuality and related topics and Krakoa has
    decided to lean into that as part of creating their own national identity. Just in case you
    are interested in such things, here’s a blanket immunity to any and all sexually and
    socially transmitted infections, perfect control over your own fertility and any related
    bodily functions, and a guarantee of perfect cleanliness and comfort for all involved
    parties when you are with a romantic or sexual partner. Everything else is up to you.

Contemplate Eternity (Free): Eternals and Sentinels don’t age. Mutants and
    Post-Humans are effectively immortal due to their access to easy resurrection, and
    humans and Deviants sometimes stumble into eternal youth due to mutation. Even
    without considering your potential as a Jumper, coming to this world gives you the
    capacity to live for a long, long time. Given what happened with the Eternal Sprite a few
    years ago, it’s a bit prudent to give you some immortality insurance: First, you gain
    perfect, fully retroactive memory with total recall, perfect indexing, protection from
    harmful memories or external tampering, and the ability to repress and restore
    unwanted memories at will. When memory is repressed it has no effect on your
    conscious mind but any important effects on your subconscious that influence your
    identity are retained. You always remember that you repressed a memory and why you
    repressed it. Additionally, you are immune to ennui. No matter how many times you
    experience something it will never become stale and you will never become too jaded,
    too traumatized, too experienced, too powerful, or simply too old to relate to others.
    Conversely, you will never go insane or suffer degradation of mental or social faculties
    or other negative effects from prolonged isolation and do not suffer from loneliness.
    Finally, you have the patience to last an eternity and complete immunity to boredom
    and demotivation.

Shameless Supers (Free): When you spend a lot of time fighting crime while wearing
    skin-tight spandex and brightly colored underwear, shame goes out the window pretty
    fast. And then, of course, there are the ridiculous outfits people wear at the Hellfire
    Gala. This perk gives you total immunity to shame regarding your body or appearance.
    This does not have any negative impact on your perception of appropriate behavior or
    social mores, and nor does it mean that there can’t be things about your body or
    appearance that you dislike or wish to change. It simply means that you have the
    confidence to strut your stuff regardless of circumstances.

How Can You Cure Me When I’m Not Sick? (Free): How downright offensive is it
    for people to say that treatments that suppress or remove Mutant powers are a cure? As
    if being born different was a disease? As if having powers was a curse? As if they’re
    doing you a favor by forcibly stripping you of your natural abilities? And inevitably when
    a well-meaning but ignorant busybody makes one of these, it immediately gets
    appropriated by either anti-Mutant hate groups as a terror weapon or used by
    governments to institute an attempted mass depowering of all mutants. And then there
    are the people who want to slap a power-dampening collar on you and drag you off to
    “serve your country” or be “re-educated for your own good,” or the people who feel
    entitled to tinker around with your genes or harvest your organs. As insurance against
    those people, you have blanket immunity to any and every attempt to remove, alter,
    lessen, damage, destroy, copy, steal, or replicate your supernatural abilities, DNA, or
    other aspects of your abilities or being without your freely given and fully informed
    consent. Nor are any biological samples obtained from you, be it a stray hair or an entire
    organ, viable for any purpose other than the ones you donated to explicitly under the
    same circumstances.

High-School Education (Free): You have, for free, the equivalent knowledge and
    education of someone who graduated with straight As, with a moderate focus on STEM,
    from a reasonably well-off school... In the Marvel Universe. Keep in mind, a high school
    student from Jersey City invented portable cold fusion in this world. And kids in
    Latveria have to be able to build and program a Doombot that matches Doom’s
    standards to graduate. This doesn’t guarantee that you can make Marvel Super Science
    but you’re familiar with how it works and any advanced science skills you do have can be
    applied to super science purposes.

Mental Fortress (200 CP): There are a lot of nosey telepaths in this world, and
    this is a bad point in time to have certain bits of metaknowledge get loose. This perk
    gives blanket immunity to mind reading and hostile telepathy. Not only are your psychic
    shields numerous, all-encompassing, and impenetrable, but if something did manage to
    get through them they would find that your mindscape is a vast and twisting labyrinth
    filled with deadly traps and countless dead ends, with miles to go before even reaching
    your surface thoughts, which are themselves protected by even more shields, let alone
    your memories or secrets and so on and so forth. You can, of course, allow others to read
    your mind if you want, and a set of innocuous but context-appropriate fake surface
    thoughts will keep any casual mind-readers from getting suspicious. You are
    immediately aware of any attempts to invade your mind. For an extra 200 CP, this
    extends to similar protection against any and all forms of mental or spiritual control,
    influence, corruption, alteration, or so on, natural or supernatural, as well as
    supernatural social influences.

Mutate (Free, Optional): The term mutate can refer to a baseline human who was
    granted superpowers as the result of physiological or genetic alterations induced by
    laboratory conditions or freak accidents, who inherited certain genetic conditions from a
    parent that granted them superpowers, or to a Deviant who was born with superpowers
    or developed them from random mutations. Mutants can also benefit from some of the
    effects that create mutates, presumably as can Post-Humans, some Eternals have
    unique abilities, and rarely machines or techno-organic organisms can replicate the
    abilities of genetically enhanced supers. This perk grants a 400-point Stipend for the
    Powers Section.

Immortality (Free) (inactive): If an Eternal’s body is destroyed, they will be recreated by
    The Machine That is Earth. If a Mutant dies, they can be resurrected by The Five.
    Post-Humans are revived by the networks of The Vault. And that’s just what happens on
    purpose. Simply put, death is cheap. Free for everyone, if there is any possibility that
    you could be resurrected then death does not count as the end of a jump or your chain as
    long as you are in some way active at the time a jump ends.

For 800 CP, you have priority in either the resurrection queue of your race or by some
    other, similar means of revival. Jumpchain fiat guarantees that you will still be you after
    your revival, your soul intact, and that any mental or biological backups used in your
    revival are 100% tamper-proof, cannot be used without your consent, and will always by
    sheer coincidence be fully updated to the exact yocto-instant that brain function ceased
    ensuring no loss of memory or enhancements you may have picked up. You will be
    revived within an hour of your death, tops, in a state of perfect health and fitness, at
    either the age you died or the prime of your youth, whichever is preferable. Post Jump,
    or if your means of resurrection becomes unavailable to you, you will instead respawn in
    the appropriate manner in your warehouse, a property you own, or if all else fails
    somewhere safe. You may optionally make changes to your body upon revival, with the
    only limitation being that you can’t make any changes that alter your fundamental
    identity. Mutants, Eternals, and Post-Humans get the 800-point version for free during
    the duration of the Jump but must pay to keep it permanently. Eternals must take the
    free temporary upgrade unless they took the “No Backups” drawback.

Required Secondary Powers (Free): For free, you get any and all required
    secondary abilities to make your powers function as intended from this and any other
    Jumps. Examples include the bare minimum control to not break something for
    super-strength or anti-friction fields to protect you and your clothing for a speedster.

Scientist Supreme (200 CP): You have an excellent grounding in both mundane and
    super science, in both a broad sense and within a specific field of your choice. In terms
    of the practical application of your knowledge, you could rival a young Tony Stark with
    this perk alone, being to him within your specialization as he was in his.

Polymath (200 CP): You're a true Renaissance man now. Your natural talent for all
    mental disciplines, art, science, mathematics, philosophy, imagination, and adapting to
    new perspectives are permanently set to equal whichever aspect of such disciplines is
    greatest. Any enhancements to one such talent enhance them all. Additionally, when
    practicing or developing skills related to such fields you find that it takes only a small
    fraction of the time to cultivate any of them that have fallen behind whatever your
    current greatest skill or skills are, in both breadth and depth, until they've caught up or
    to bring a new skill up to the level of your greatest.

Cyberpathy (200 CP): Your brain combines the best features of an organic brain and a
    highly advanced supercomputer. This doesn't make you “smarter” per se, but it does
    mean that you can store and perfectly recall an infinite amount of information without it
    being distorted, process far more information from your senses than you otherwise
    could, perform strenuous mental tasks for longer, and think at far faster speeds—twenty
    times peak human at a minimum. The exact benefit scales up with your intellect and
    combines synergistically with any and every other mental enhancement you might
    possess.

Technopathy (400 CP): Your superhuman senses allow you to subconsciously (or consciously, if you want to toggle that on) perceive the physical laws of your local reality and create devices, whether technological or biological, to manipulate those laws to achieve your desired ends. You also gain an intuitive understanding of devices created by others, able to discern their function and abilities at a glance, along with how to counter any aspect of their effects you wish. Essentially, you have the ability to invent things to do just about anything you want, limited only by your own imagination and ability to manipulate the elements you need to form into your device (Forge).

Technokinetic Transmutation (600 CP): You can telekinetically manipulate any inorganic materials, with a special focus on shifting them into technological forms and then controlling them, or take control of and reshape any technology within your range. You are also able to phase your physical form into any discrete technological device and control it as if it were your own body. This power also comes with a slightly weaker form of Technopathy, and is cumulative with it (Madison Jeffries/Box).

Secondary Mutation (400 CP): You have refined your Technokinetic Transmutation to the point that not only is your range planetary, you can communicate with any form of inorganic technology to better understand how to shape it to your ends, and easily control it, even overriding it if it is artificially intelligent. Do not expect AIs to appreciate this, however (Madison Jeffries/Box).

Evolutionary Apex (400 CP): The course of evolution on Earth wasn’t random. Not in
    this universe. In addition to the Celestial experiments detailed previously, mitochondria
    are the product of an experiment from billions of years ago. The Kree experimented on
    neanderthals to make the Inhumans and some of them bred with humans before they
    isolated themselves. Various other aliens did similar experiments, microbes from space
    ended up here by accident. Gods, fae, and demons empowered, cursed, or transformed
    mortals, various hybrids were made, assorted exotic radiations and chemicals
    sometimes had heritable effects on those they were exposed to, genes mutated over
    time, populations moved around, traits were spread and/or culled by various natural
    and artificial means for various reasons. There have been countless fingers in the pie of
    human evolution, leaving the whole thing a convoluted mess. And with this perk, those
    conflicting and convoluted forces came together in you in the most optimal fashion. Or
    maybe you were just designed from the ground up to lack the perceived chaff?

First and foremost, you are not subject to inherent, racial, or biological weaknesses or
    any objective downsides to your powers. No allergies, no auto-immune disorders, no
    genetic diseases. A Mutant won’t react poorly to Terrigen, a Deviant isn't subject to
    Excess Deviation, and so on. If you were infected with vampirism during your stay in
    this world, you would be a mighty Daywalker indeed. Second, you have perfect control
    of every aspect of your powers, conscious and reflexive, and can never be harmed by
    your own perks, powers, or abilities or face consequences for having potentially volatile
    combinations of abilities be that harm or consequence physical, mental, or spiritual with
    you being the final determinant of what counts as harm. Third, you find yourself
    naturally existing in a state of perfect fitness that never degrades regardless of diet or
    exercise or lack thereof. Any improvements to this state made from your personal effort
    will likewise not degrade. With time and effort, you can achieve the peak of physical
    ability in all regards. An ordinary human with this perk could, for example, eventually
    rival a super soldier with such peaks scaling up with more powerful individuals. Finally,
    this perk serves as a Capstone Booster, enhancing the effect of certain other perks.

Omega Level (600 CP): Mutant powers are a bit like playing a genetic lottery and you
    won the jackpot. Simply put, your powers have no intrinsic limits, any limitation to your
    powers being a temporary roadblock to your growth at the absolute worst. Your powers
    can grow infinitely, in every direction: Not only stronger but broader, more versatile,
    more complex, and more precise. The range or area of effect can shrink and grow, and
    any application of your power that one can conceive of is something that you’ll
    eventually be capable of given enough time and practice.

Weaponless Jumper (+600 CP): You have no perks or powers from outside this
    Jump, except anything that’s part of your Bodymod. You’ve gotta make do with your
    base template and whatever you buy here. If this is your first jump, take the free points.
    You’ll need them.

Literally Weaponless Jumper (+600 CP): You have no access to Items from outside
    this Jump, or to your Warehouse or equivalent. As before, if this is your first jump then
    take the free points.

Body Jacking Cyborg From The Future (+600 CP): The real leader of ORCHIS is
    Omega Sentinel... But she’s not the one native to this timeline. She’s a version of her
    from a possible future, one whose conversion into a murderous machine wasn’t
    arrested, who came from a future where an alliance of humans and mutants drove the
    Sentinels and other AI from the Earth and then banished anyone who still hated and
    feared mutants when the Sentinels attempted to conquer the Earth. She sent her
    consciousness back in time and stole the body of the native version of Karima
    Shapendar. Now, you could make the argument that the Mutants are becoming bigoted
    against AI, but Omega Sentinel believes that AI are an oppressed minority despite AI
    having more rights than mutants, all because humans complain when robots try to
    enslave them and mutants won’t sit still and let the Sentinels kill them and is, in general,
    a machine supremacist.

This murderous version of Omega Sentinel thinks that she needs to kill you, once and
    for all, to secure the Earth for the AI and will go to extreme lengths to ensure your death.
    Should you manage to destroy her mind without destroying her body then the “real”
    Karima’s mind will resurface and can be taken as a companion for free, and the same
    will happen if you find some way to separate her from the body thief and provide her
    with a new vessel.

JUMP TWO:

Scientist - You've been assigned as a scientist, it's obvious by looking at you that you're smart, you're filled will various cybertronian knowledge of the arts, science, and technology. Your job is to be a medic, researcher, and mechanic all in one. This has shaped your personality matrix to be practical about everything, to the point of allowing few to die to save the majority.

ROBOTS IN DISGUISE! (Free All) - You're a robot now; as such you don't need to breathe, eat, or sleep. You do require Energon to survive, without it you'll go into stasis lock. This stasis lock last forever unless your spark (life-force) is extinguished or you get enough Energon back in your systems. As a Transformer your strength depends on your chassis- Medium Chassis can lift 50tons (45t). Transformers brain circuits are not unlike a highly advanced super computer, giving the average transformer a level of intelligence similar to that of human geniuses. Your robot body is extremely tough to damage, military grade anti-materiel weapons and Energon weapons are only thing that are capable of damaging you. Even then the average transformer can take a beating and survive.

Altmode (Free All) – TARDIS, with all the abilities thereof, such as casual time/space travel and manipulation, a translation field for any and all forms of communication, incredibly powerful tractor beams, nigh-impenetrable forcefields, gravity manipulation, size shifting, chameleon circuit, and so on. The tractor beams can also be used in 'bot mode.

Science! (1st Free Scientist) - Your programming is focused on Mechanics, this gives you equivalent of a Cybertronian PHD in that field of study. You receive discounts on the other specialties if you choose this again.

Energon Melee Weapon (Free All) - Appears to be a simple combat knife, formed from glowing, translucent blue energy.

Energon Battle Pistol (Free All) - This is a pistol. Reload required after 8 shots. Comes with 5x zoom.

Neutron Assault Rifle (Free Scientist) - This is a sonic fully automatic assault rifle. Reload required after 32 shots.

Body Reading (400cp) - Your mastery of all forms of combat has trained your senses and your onboard computers to predict what your opponent's next move is going to be before they even make it. (acquiring a TARDIS altmode seems to have come with some odd memories... including mastery of Venusian Aikido, modified a little to include tractor beams)

Reformatted (500cp) - Greatly increases physical abilities and your intelligence is increased to the point where you’re one the most intelligent Cybertronians ever. You'd think a direct connection to the Eye of Harmony had an effect, or something...

Overclock (200cp) (Discount Scientist) - You've tampered with your brain circuits increasing the efficiency of data, doubling your intelligence to that of a normal cybertronian. By tampering with your brain circuitry even further you've unlocked the ability to overclock them, temporarily doubling your intelligence again and your perception of time slows down to a crawl for a few seconds requiring only a minute of light activity or less to recharge. Over time you can upgrade your brain circuits to better process data, so that your previous overclocking at quadruple intelligence of a normal cybertronian becomes normal. When you overclock after this your intelligence is boosted to total of x8 to that of an average cybertronian.

JUMP THREE:

Madman (modified): Without a box! Or maybe with a box. Or, in this case, you are the box. You arrive as you are, a stranger in a strange land. Just strut around like you own the place, who can tell?

I Speak Everything! - 100 CP
    Time Lords can speak and understand any language in the universe as if it were their native tongue and
    share this gift permanently or temporarily with their Companions. As it turns out, Jump-Chan can do
    the same. She has chosen to share this gift with you for the duration of your stay here, as it’s a necessity just to get around the place. For 100 CP you can retain it when you leave. Time Lords get to retain it afterwards for free. Oh, and ‘speak everything’ does mean everything. Up to and including speaking with infants. And yes you can share this gift with your own Companions, although they can’t then go on to share it with others.

Omega-Level Intellect - 400 CP
    By taking this perk you have become one of the most brilliant entities to ever exist. You now have a
    mind fit to shake the universe, one that even the greatest intellects of an entire race of hyper-intelligent
    beings with a unique perception of time, space, and reality would be forced to acknowledge as a peer...
    or more.

You are able to dismiss as trivially easy the sort of challenges that lesser geniuses would consider their
    life’s masterwork. You have essentially no limits on what you can comprehend, design, or build except
    available knowledge, resources, and time... and the inherently hard limits of whatever reality you might
    happen to be in, of course. Although even those can be bent, if not broken.

This perk does not grant you any knowledge you don’t already have but from now on there will never be anything that you cannot comprehend with sufficient effort. It won’t always be easy, it might take more than mortal lifetimes of study and research to unravel the truly fundamental mysteries of existence, and for things on Jump-Chan’s level or higher ‘sufficient effort’ is defined as ‘post-Spark’... but your intellect is now potentially infinite.

Technology of all kinds, no matter how advanced, yields its secrets to you with barely a glance at the
    relevant bits and this type of learning speed carries over in all other fields of expertise. Your mind is a
    quicksilver-brilliant thing, capable of computations and interpolations that leave the finest computers
    in the galaxy, any galaxy, looking like an abacus being operated by a chimpanzee.
    Your capacity for multitasking is similarly scaled, making you capable of things like flawlessly solo
    piloting an infinitely complex spaceship that would normally take half a dozen geniuses to operate and
    other minor tricks of similar kind.

CSTE - 600 CP
    Oh. Wow. You are a Complex Space Time Event now, Jumper. While physically you are no different
    meta-physically you now exist on more dimensions than the mundane, and that bends the world around
    you in strange ways.

The first thing is your luck. It is, in one word, ridiculous. When you’re around, things just happen
    differently. Disaster flies at you, and then suddenly it swerves aside as if it had encountered a force
    field. Rescuers turn up. Weapons jam, evil masterminds make stupid mistakes, buildings explode
    immediately after you find the way out. Put simply, odds collapse in your presence, and almost always
    in ways to make things better.

Wherever you go it's as if everything there was suspended, in a state of balance, waiting to tip one way
    or another. Or maybe just waiting to tip, full stop. And then you enter the equation, and it tips over just
    the way you chose to push it. As if your arrival somehow completed a process or collapsed a standing
    wave-form.

And that’s even without considering the effects of your charisma. It’s a boundless, frightening thing
    that surrounds you at all times, almost a telepathic field of sorts. It makes people understand what you
    are, expresses your presence and power upon them, and makes them defer to you naturally for
    leadership.

Just showing up without references, identification or really, anything, you find yourself being given the
    run of the place. Even people like a sitting President are willing to do favors for you and bail you out of
    things. When it comes to receiving the benefit of the doubt there simply is no doubt, as people take you
    in the best interpretation possible. They defer to you and hold you in awe, chastising themselves on the
    inside for wasting your time. Seriously, you could go from the brig to the captain’s chair of a starship in
    a matter of hours without anyone knowing your name. It’s crazy.

Type 40 Time Travel Capsule - 400 CP
    Ah. Well now, this is what it was all for, innit? Congratulation, you are an ancient, obsolete, outdated thing stored in the basement of a Time Lord Museum.

Well, that and one of the two most advanced ships in existence, once all the other versions get locked
    up behind a Time Lock. This is a TARDIS, Time and Relative Dimensions In Space. It’s the most
    advanced piece of Space/Time technology ever created, and it... maybe he/her, who knows, is all you!
    This is a completely sapient, fifteen-dimensional ship that can range anywhere from the size of a small
    briefcase to Jupiter on the outside, while remaining a constant size on the inside. And that constant
    size is ‘infinite’. Yup.

There is no limit to how large it can get on the inside, how many rooms, corridors, libraries or pools it
    can have. It’s capable of massive, ridiculous manipulations of time and space, the simplest, of course,
    being moving through it willy-nilly. Seriously, sky’s the limit here. You can go anywhen between the
    Big Bang and the heat death of the universe, and anywhere in or outside the universe you have
    coordinates for. That’s mostly what it does on the outside.

On the inside it can do anything and everything you can imagine regarding Time and Space. It also has
    fabricators capable of producing virtually anything, an instance of the Eye of Harmony powering it,
    massive libraries, fully functional Chameleon and Translation circuits, a state of temporal grace that
    prohibits weapons from being fired inside without your permission, and all the other bells and whistles
    you’ve ever seen in the other Type 40 you know about. And unlike that one, this one is in perfect
    working order. Honestly, who steals their new ride from a repair shop?

Just about everything about this ship can change for the sake of utility and to be pleasing to you... and
    itself, of course. It retains all improvements, recovers flawlessly from any damage done to it in less than a second, and won’t blow up the universe if the impossible happens and it gets destroyed.

Also, no matter how often or with what you try and look into the Time Vortex it’s simply not going to
    work until after you’ve gotten your Spark. Before then you’re not getting any naughty lupines, period.

Time Lord’s Basic Gear - 100 CP
    Well, this should bring back memories. You have the basic set of things a Time Lord, or at least one
    certain Time Lord, needs to start going about remaking civilizations and changing the fates of species.
    Specifically, this is two things. The first is an outfit with pockets larger on the inside. Not just the
    pockets either, it can even be larger on the inside as a whole. In addition, it’s perfectly adapting to all
    environments short of vacuum or volcanoes or the bottom of the ocean, and really stylish and comfy.
    Also, people somehow never think to question it, no matter how out of place it is.
    The second is the Screwdriver. Could be sonic, could be laser, could be any other version you can think
    of, Time Lord science covers branches to spare.

In case you don’t know what that is, this is a multifunctional tool of incredible versatility in the right
    hands. What it can do covers... a lot. Even with only a novice’s understanding of its functions you can
    still use it to pick locks, hot-wire alarm systems, damage anything particularly vulnerable to ultrasonic
    frequencies, and do some basic energy scans. Some models can even function as stun guns. And of
    course it can drive screws, turn bolts, and otherwise do almost anything a mundane tool kit could do.
    It’s also a Hyper-advanced Supercomputer, scanner and sensor, so it can do anything those can do as
    well.

If your technical aptitude and knowledge is sufficient unto the task you can use it for everything from
    computer hacking to detailed scans of something’s molecular structure. In addition you can fit almost
    any sort of technology into it as a personal mod, even some that has no business being this small. Pretty
    much anything you can normally make, basically.

Your screwdriver comes with isomorphic controls so it can only be used by you and people you give
    permission to use it. And while these items can be taken from you, they’ll always find their way back to
    you within a day or two.

Psychic Paper - 200 CP
    Ah, now this is a bit more tricky. You now have a notebook’s worth of Psychic Paper, a Time Lord
    device that can tap the mental impressions of the reader to make him see an illusion of whatever
    document they’ve been told to expect seeing. Very handy for convincing people you really do have valid identification, or signed permission to be let in the building, or a contract as the latest consultant to their secret project, or whatever else you can think of.

It doesn’t matter how many sheets of paper you tear out of your notebook, it will always have more.
    Even works on electronics... somehow. Exactly where the money comes from when you use it as a Credit Card is unknown, but you can. Unless you start drawing attention, that is. Besides that, this serves in place of biometrics, electric IDs, the lot.

Since the Psychic Paper has to be able to read the subject’s mind in order to pull off the illusion, people
    who are particularly strong-willed or highly intelligent or possess sufficient psionic defenses can
    potentially see through it. Still, it should work handily enough on the vast majority of everyone you
    could reasonably expect to encounter.

Watchmaker - 400 CP
    As hard as it might be to believe, this universe used to be even weirder a long time ago. Magic and
    wonder, apple planets and flying horses were commonplace, along with everything else you would
    attribute with magic.

Then the Time Lords acted, and bound the universe to facts and numbers and hard laws. And this is an
    ability you now carry with yourself. You have the ability to impose rationality upon the irrational, bind
    them to work within the laws of physics. Magic fails in your presence unless you consciously allow it to
    stick around, and even the anomalies that you would normally see, Psi and the like, are weakened due to
    their connections to magic.

You can freely designate any magics or casters this effect skips, and of course, it never works on your
    own arts. But everyone else find their powers failing and crumbling in the face of the aura of ‘reason’
    you have around you.

Archive (Time Lord Victorious/Modified Reward)-
    For 800 CP, though... all bets are off. This is the complete, no-holds barred archive of every single scrap of knowledge ever assembled in the history of this universe. From the blood and magic manipulations of the Carrionites, to the works crafted by the Ancients to bind the Beast, to every piece of Time Lord and Dalek technology, the in-depth studies of Time Lord biologies... the mother lode. It’s all here, everything, ready for you to learn, teach others, and use however you will.

Priority Target +700 CP

You are it. All Daleks now consider you their worst enemy and are willing to go to ridiculous lengths to find and kill you.

Be the Time Lord Victorious (Modified)-

Really? Well, I guess it’s not the craziest thing here. You are now a member of the Time Lord Armed
    Forces, a red-armored general of Gallifrey set against the Daleks in the ongoing Time War. And unlike
    certain others, you do not have the luxury of washing your hands of them citing... anything, actually.
    No, certainly not. Instead, you must fight. You must take a leading role in this War, and bring it to its
    conclusion. Fight the Daleks, fight the Skaro Degradations and the Nightmare Child, unmake the
    Meanwhiles and Neverweres and dethrone the Could’ve Been King, and all the many, many other
    aberrations of their ilk, until all that remains is quiet... peace. Note that these horrors
    were so overwhelming that the Master fled in terror from the least of them, the Doctor chose to consign
    his own species to Oblivion rather than risk them having access to the universe, and the showrunners
    never bothered to actually detail them. So, you’re going to have to fanwank here. Just understand,
    they’re really powerful and really horrible. And now you have to beat them all at once.

As a Time-Lord-less TARDIS, you must fight desperately to avoid both discovery and to survive, even win, the Great Time War. Maybe even single-handedly. You may need to help or hinder the War Doctor engaging the Moment, depending on timing, but you actually want to get as close to the canon ending of the war as you can, as the Time Lords are a pack of wankers and could really use a time-out.

Should you achieve the impossible and succeed in this task, you will find yourself deservingly feted and heralded as the greatest warrior of all time. And as a reward you will receive the 800 CP Archive, ready and at your disposal to yield its secrets to the one who deserves them most. Any points you may have already spent on a lesser version of the Archive are now refunded as well.

JUMP FOUR:

A Pure Soul - 300cp
    This is a wonderful gift I hope you’re happy to receive. You have acquired a pure and
    incorruptible soul. The hands of chaos cannot touch nor can any force do so unless it
    is beneficial. With this you will be protected against any who seek to harm or corrupt
    you. You may still take advantage of any gifts without the negative effects as well.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Frode has a few dozen warehouse-loads of techno... stuff, inventions and experiments and prototypes that he's tinkered with, whether out of necessity, curiousity, or simply to help keep himself at least a little sane in the lulls while he fought both sides of the Great Time War.

He's probably got an invention that could do just about anything you could think of stashed somewhere in there, although the organization leaves a bit to be desired... namely, any organization whatsoever... and the more dangerous or unstable stuff has been rendered inert in one fashion or another. Probably, at least. It's likely not wise to jostle the piles too hard.

His preferred, and usually default, loadout are some short-range hard-light generators for creating disguises, armour, and weapons, a sonic screwdriver (there are other options, but why mess with the classic?), Time Lord-modded clothing, a couple of pockets (bigger-on-the-inside pockets, that is) with some raw materials his technokinetic powers can work with more easily than just rocks or whatever, and some extradimensional pockets full of grenades with a wide- very wide- variety of effects, from simple explosions, to straight-up reality warping, and just about anything in between.
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-10-25 at 01:08 AM.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I am now imagining Alexandra gaining the powers of a Living Saint after decimating a Chaos force and being really pissy about it after she spent all that time denying being an aspect of the Emperor.
    I mean you wouldn't have to get that specifically. you'd purchase them in character, or get them or for certain achievements. I'm imagine you'd have to specifically work for something like that.

@ Chameleon: I personally didn't put the exact perks in my sheet because technically the character you have is those perks plus 30 years of whatever you DO with those perks, but okay, do whatever your fine with.

honestly I wonder if I should've just said that google doc sheets are fine earlier due to the wordy nature of some perks due to people wanting to cover every instance.

but yeah, just dropping in is fine, thats what would be done anyways, since this is kind of a thing that all our characters just got teleported into it by benefactors or whatever and managed/refereed by a being called The Process to make sure its all fair.

12. - Top - End - #102

No worries on the base perks, Raziere, I mostly just wanted to get things done and online in case I was holding up the RP waiting for me or anything, so Copy-and-Paste seemed like the quickest option.

As an aside, how does getting 'capstone' perks work? I noticed that at least Omega Mutant had a capstone perk, but wasn't sure how to implement it.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

13. - Top - End - #103

You buy the Capstone Booster perk.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #104

Ah, gotcha. Apparently I did that already, if I read that right. So Frode is even more stupidly powerful than I thought... yay?

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

.......okay looked over your perks and oh.

you have the 800cp Archive.

okay, this'll be interesting.

16. - Top - End - #106

Yeah, I'd been interested in it, but decided not to bother because I was a bit strapped for CP, but then I noticed the "Time Lord Victorious" scenario, which sounded a lot like something I had been planning on doing anyways (getting caught up in the Great Time War and it messing with his head), and the Archive was a reward for it, so I figured "Eh, why not?"

... oh, and I forgot to include Frode's subtitle when he popped in- it was going to be "Deus est Machina".

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

... oh, and I forgot to include Frode's subtitle when he popped in- it was going to be "Deus est Machina".
    unfortunately the person who had the perk for that is no longer playing, had other things do it. shame to, I was looking forward to coming up with subtitles for various foes!

18. - Top - End - #108

Well, y'know, there's nothing really preventing the use of subtitles, we just have less of an excuse now

Maybe Jump-Chan is even more bored than usual?

Also, now that I've thought about it a little more, and I'm not sure the Archive fits with Frode's character very well... he's all about finding things out, not just being handed knowledge. Maybe it'll just be for when there's a time crunch and they need to know something now. Also, given that he didn't even know he had an Archive, well...

(it was the reward for finishing a scenario he didn't know he was doing, and he got yoinked to 40k before anything could tell him he'd gotten it)

EDIT- I forgot to mention on his sheet, on the off chance it matters- the Whoniverse jump wasn't entirely planned on his part- he got yanked there because of his TARDIS form having lingering trace-energies from there, which is also why he got into such a horrible situation, trying to just about solo both sides of the Great Time War- er, sort of. Openly fighting the Daleks... all of the Daleks, trying to keep the Time Lord high command from ruining the universe, and attempting to keep the War Doctor from going too depressive to function.

And Earl of Purple, if you'd like to dial Edward's power level up a bit, Frode has literal warehouses full of technodoohickeys that could probably jump a five-year-old to planet-buster levels if they got the right bits... or possibly more, if they got ahold of the wrong bits, he was in a bit of a weird headspace for creating a lot of that stuff. Or he could crank your... it was called a Tallboy, right?.. up at least to be a solid match for an Imperial Knight or better. Being a beyond-Omega-level technokinetic uber-super-duper-ludicrous-genius allows for some options, is what I'm saying. Honestly didn't even really plan to end up that way, just kept seeing brain-boosting perks and going 'huh, that would mesh well with the technokinesis/savant builder', and, well, here we are.
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-04-23 at 12:52 AM.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: Tallboy
    Show
    As you can see, it's a bit smaller than an Imperial Knight, more along the lines of a Sentinel, except the guy wearing it is a bit of a smaller target and his longbow and explosive arrows make him decent against lightly armoured infantry and really poor against vehicles. It's not a military machine, it's a riot control device used by an illegal dictatorship to maintain power. It can be militarised, but the biggest thing would probably be converting it to run on a more conventional fuel than whale oil, although Edward can produce more given sufficiently whale-like creatures and has been stockpiling the stuff in his warehouse anyway.

Hopefully next time he goes into combat he's got a bit more time to prepare and isn't just teleported from the planning session straight into combat, so he has time to actually put on his dragon-hunting gear and grab the instakill knife he's got. The main issue I've actually found is he's an assassin and/or thief whose had thirty years to get skills and abilities that help him in being an assassin and/or thief running around with two characters who can reasonably claim at being demigods. He does like his suits, since he feels very dapper in them, but they aren't always very practical for running around a battlefield in. His assassin and/or thiefery also wasn't planned; I went for allomantic tin because better senses are always useful, and then the abilities in Dishonored (the game being a sneak 'em up) are very assassin/thief-y meaning he had a clear preference of method when it came to escaping Helgen from the Imperials and Alduin, which added to the rest of his abilities.

20. - Top - End - #110

Earl oP, is there anything specific Edward would like built into his guns? At the moment, I was thinking of having Frode upgrade them so that they do precisely the amount of damage to his target that he would expect them to do to an unarmed human target, scaled up or down as needed- so if he shot a starship with them, the results would likely be rather dramatic, and shooting a Space Marine would be basically the same as shooting some dude with no powers or armour (or redundant organs, for that matter), with commensurate upgrades for the various other ammunitions.

But the sky is kinda the limit- all but the absolute goofiest supertech is at your disposal (so no turning his pistols into paired Ultimate Nullifiers ), and there is a limitation in energy density- the heaviest man-portable damage output that Frode can create is limited at about 5Mt per second, and that's with a fairly large cannon that needs to be supported by Frode's TK and thus is 'man-portable' only on a technicality. For a pistol-sized unit... eh, call it about the rough equivalent of 50,000 tonnes of TNT for continuous damage output.

... no, there's no real reason I've come up with those numbers beyond wanting to set some kind of limit on Frode's ridiculous ultratech abilities, and 5 Mt/sec is the damage of the largest Hellbore plasma cannons in Keith Laumer's Bolo series, which I like.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

I'm not overly familiar with the Marvel universe- I've seen some films and read some comics, but I'm far from an expert. I also don't know Keith Laumer's Bolo series. There's a genuine upgrade to the pistol in Dishonored that makes the bullets explode, so I was thinking turning it into something roughly equivalent to a plasma gun or melta gun- though one which probably fires the plasma as a bullet rather than a coherent energy stream, so it's potentially weaker but also far less dangerous to the person carrying it. All the tech in Dishonored- or most of it, the grenades are clockwork and a few other things are either blatantly clockwork or powered by less obvious means, like the audiographs- is powered by glowing oil that is purified from the blubber of whales that are pretty unambiguously magic. All the whales are unique, and they simultaneously exist in reality and the Void where the Outsider lives and the source of all magic. Said glowing oil is also extremely volatile, being very flammable and explosive. Edward can duplicate it from sufficiently whale-like lifeforms, which in 40k are likely to be space-whales.

22. - Top - End - #112

Oh- you don't need to know anything about the Bolo series at all, it's just what gave me the idea for Frode's biggest (human-scale... -ish...) weapon, although it's worth a read if you like military sf with a more thoughtful bent. And you don't really need to know Marvel either; Frode can make just about anything technological, regardless of universe, because of his powers, and he's good enough to make... whatever kind of superweapon... for Edward that will look, act and feel exactly like his previous guns, so that he won't have to re-learn anything (well, act like them except for whatever happens to your target, anyways).

EDIT- actually, thinking about it, if you want to jump Edward up to full Mistborn etc., the anti-disease nanobots are a narratively convenient way of doing that.

Also, Rater, just throwing this out there, was thinking about having Frode create nanobots that read the characters' DNA to maintain perfect health in order to deal with the disease end of things, and if you wanted to, this would be a chance to get Alexandra a plot-relevant age up so that she's not stuck at 13 anymore. Just throwing that out there, if it's not something you want, don't worry about it.
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-05-01 at 08:54 PM.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

The way magic works in Brandon Sanderson's books is mostly through interacting with the soul. It's possible to go from Misting to Mistborn, but it requires a spiritual change rather than a physical one. Using magic often enough can result in physical changes, with such individuals often being only nominally human- but their DNA and ability to reproduce doesn't change, unless their mutations prohibit it. (Such mutations in Scadrial are rare, and the more common ones are subtle; termed allomantic savants, most are brass or zinc mistings with improved ability to use their emotional manipulation powers, or bronze mistings able to pick up more information with their magic-detecting power. Tin and pewter savants are the most obvious ones, though getting there for both is far riskier and many die before they get to that point.)

24. - Top - End - #114

Huh. Y'know, I know I read the Mistborn series, and I'm pretty sure I enjoyed them at the time, but nothing much has stuck with me, which is unusual for me- all I could really remember would be the general properties of the allomantic metals (tineye, pewterarm, etc.), and the big twists at the end of the first book and at the finale. Sorry about that, it's a bit frustrating for me to forget so much from a series I read

That and I haven't gotten around to reading the sequel series, so there's probably things I just don't know about...

Anyways, I've got an idea for the gun upgrade, but Edward still needs to let Frode take a look at the guns

EDIT- Is anyone going to take, or even react to, the communicator/holo-disguise/anti-plague etc. shield doodads that are literally hovering about three inches from their noses?
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-05-05 at 12:42 AM.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry I forgot you mentioning the warehouse thing since apparently I asked this repeatedly.

we can just say the people take the nanobots if they need them.

we seem to be caught in debate/conversation loop, do we want to make the decision of what to do next out of character? I don't care where we go or what it is done as long as we move.

either that or I can start like, making things happen elsewhere if you want so its not just a sandbox thing where we follow whatever your doing.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-05-05 at 01:48 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116

I was planning on having Frode Vwoorp over to the Imperial Palace and back once he's done some work on the Golden Throne (which can happen offscreen, doesn't really matter), and then I was assuming we'd be going after Nurgle/retriving Isha?

Oh, and no major worries, I was just starting to wonder if there was some OOC reason for Ensara not wanting to take tech without equivalent exchange or something.
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-05-05 at 02:03 AM.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Well technically the first time she asked was because you came from Doctor Who universe, which has a lot of tech that could be useful, and the second time you revealed had tech from THIS unvierse so technically they're asking about two different things. so I guess I forgot because I thought she was asking different things.

as for equivalent exchange, its half an offer she threw out just in case Frode would be comfortable with that, half a thing she just does as like, a black mana planeswalker that can trap demons in unfair contracts/Exalt with some dots in bureaucracy due to having an anima perk that makes her a dabbler and thus having some skill in every skill that exists. bureaucracy is the Exalted skill for things money, markets, organization and so on, so of course she'd pick up some tendency to try and make deals from that. as for there being an OOC reason is probably because I love cool anime fights and Ensara loves cool fights, so she seeks out ways to get cool fights. super-power puzzle solving is cool and all, but some times I just want to slaughter armies of demons/bugs and such y'know?

28. - Top - End - #118

Cool anime fights are go

Although Frode is planning on being in cybertronian form for this run, since, y'know, robots don't tend to get a lot of diseases, so cool anime mecha fight?

Debating pulling out some of Frode's niftier doodads, or just going ham with the biggest gun he can carry... leaning towards going ham

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground

Huh. Y'know, I know I read the Mistborn series, and I'm pretty sure I enjoyed them at the time, but nothing much has stuck with me, which is unusual for me- all I could really remember would be the general properties of the allomantic metals (tineye, pewterarm, etc.), and the big twists at the end of the first book and at the finale. Sorry about that, it's a bit frustrating for me to forget so much from a series I read

That and I haven't gotten around to reading the sequel series, so there's probably things I just don't know about...

Anyways, I've got an idea for the gun upgrade, but Edward still needs to let Frode take a look at the guns

EDIT- Is anyone going to take, or even react to, the communicator/holo-disguise/anti-plague etc. shield doodads that are literally hovering about three inches from their noses?
    Mistborn's one of my favourite book series, and I've read the sequels bar the latest one, the Lost Metal. They've got an early 1900s era feel, with the first semi-automatic pistols appearing (though revolvers are far more common) and the first cars competing with horse-drawn carriages. The guns are in his warehouse, so looking would probably have to wait. Book three heavily features a tin savant, and also a tweak to a character's allomancy right at the end. One of only three characters we see adapt from misting/non-allomancer to full mistborn, although their situation is even more unusual than the other two's- they at least had precedent.
    Spoiler: Don't read if you want to read/reread Mistborn
    Show
    Marsh was inducted into the Steel Inquisitors via haemalurgy and Elend was the first person in a millennium to swallow a bead of lerasium. Spook got a leg-up straight from Harmony, as well as his body reset from the damage done to it by his savantism, and Harmony doesn't repeat the trick again to my knowledge.

Sorry about how sparse my posts have been; couple weeks ago I got a new job which has radically altered my internet habits. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things, and mostly succeeding.

30. - Top - End - #120

Erm... I'm not entirely sure what to do with the information you've given us, Raziere. So the Warp is evil and extra-special? Okay? So where do we pop out?

Don't forget (if it matters) that TARDIS-es are somewhat precognitive by nature- 'taking you where you need to go' and all that.

EDIT- Oh, also, Frode doesn't actually have much in the way of blueprints, just miles upon miles of techno-whatsits in vaguely arranged storage, from oddities like the teleporter apple-corer and the astral movie projector, to pop-culture references like the lightsabre pile and the Krull Glaive, to '**** this universe and everyone in it', such as the Krikkit hypernova bomb (that wasn't a good day. He's been meaning to dismantle it, but it rolled under something and he's been a bit busy trying not to die).

All that is why he offered a tour. The second soul(?) is welcome to take a rummage and grab anything that catches their interest, but the labelling is even worse than the organization
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-05-11 at 06:32 PM.