New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Jumpers Vs. Wh40k ITP OOC 1

Okay sorry, I'm just stating canon information: The Garden of Nurgle isn't a planet. Its a hellscape, and it is not, technically, a fixed point in time or space. It is literally canon that the Warp in some sense timeless and that different Chaos Marines have experienced different amounts of time going into it, two chaos marines emerging from the Warp, one having been there for a differing amount of centuries than the guy next to him is not unheard of despite entering at the same time.

and perhaps it is my weird mind thinking this....but 'taking you where you need to go' by what definition of need? If your just talking about need coinciding with that you want to do, so it constantly updates to keep up with the Warp's weird shifting nature, I guess thats fine, I won't bore/annoy you with my ponderings about how technically there is no plot and the TARDIS's thing is technically plot-based or whatever. maybe I should've just relayed the information OOC.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Eh, no worries.

And as far as I've been able to tell, 'taking you where you need to go' seems to mean 'the Doctor never gets a vacation, ever'.

Still, it's a canonically established ability, however vaguely, so I'm interpreting it as significant clairvoyance on a fairly narrow, specific topic. Er, that topic being 'what happens when I/my passengers go to a given place'- i.e. clairvoyance strictly on your own timeline.

But in whatever case, we need to pop out *somewhere* in the Warp, and I was using kilometres mostly as shorthand for 'we will arrive within walking distance of our destination'.

Oh, also, if it makes any difference Frode is actively scanning the Warp to find the destination, not relying on a premade map or anything, and time fluxes are kind of bread and butter for a TARDIS :-p
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-05-12 at 06:38 PM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Colossus in the Playground

Would anyone call bull if Alex's "Seocnary Mutation" perk's your powers may evolve under stress and duress" got proced and resulted in her "Human Lantern" power evolving to be based on the White Light instead of the Green Light?

Because we're heading into a situation hat could easily go straight o HFIL and could actually put her into the kind of stress or duress that would proc that and I'd like to have a few ideas prepared just in case.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #124

*shrug*

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest... albeit partially because we haven't seen even the tiniest fraction of the kind of lunacy Frode can pull out with his abilities and technologies, should the need arise

Having functionally infinite mass (TARDIS interior), extreme high-end matter manipulation, and functionally infinite energy (Eye of Harmony) lets you travel well down the road of bull****tery even before you factor in the stack of supergenius perks and utterly silly technologies lurking in the Marvel, Transformers, and Dr Who universes.

So, well, no complaints from me.
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

I don't mind either, really.

Although I'm curious; Frome's studied Edward with his scanners, which means Frome at least likely noticed the supernaturally-charged spike in his chest, the one going through his heart. Edward's not mentioned it, because of the dark nature of hemalurgy, but... has anyone else noticed? Are they likely to? Do they know it's nailing a part of someone else's soul to his?
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Ensara might've noticed the spike, she is very supernaturally knowledgeable and able to perceive magical stuff like that (you don't become Adamant Circle Sorcerer without having some occult charms that allow one to do such things) but she porbably doesn't care or if she does care, would consider it throwing a stone from a glass house. she doesn't exactly know the circumstances of that, and gods know if she ever got to Mistborn she'd probably learn Hemalurgy herself because she knows the potential of Hemalurgy particularly when one might get a perk to interact with other universes with it and open up even more possibilities than just transferring Cosmere abilities and she is already a necromancer and a demonologist, so she knows she has no leg to stand on when it comes learning and using dark arts and so doesn't really moralize at anyone for having such things. ultimately the spike is his business not hers and Edward seems like a trustworthy good person so she'd guess that some complicated past event is involved with that spike.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-05-13 at 10:13 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127

I actually forgot about the heart-spike, but even if I hadn't, Frode doesn't really think it's his place to comment on any quirks of other's biology, given the whole 'is a mutant/giant robot/TARDIS' thing he's got going on.

Plus he has some cybernetic enhancements himself- the hard-light projection system, backup power supplies, and some life-support redundancies/nanite healing-type dealies.

EDIT- also, Raziere? I don't know 40k well enough to even make a guess at the Garden of Nurgle, so kind of reliant on you for what happens next :-(
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-05-13 at 01:42 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

sorry I didn't know we were all ready, I'll get to it.

9. - Top - End - #129

Sort of making an assumption on Rater's part, sorry- hope that's okay.
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

10. - Top - End - #130

Alex's complaints have been addressed so she's ready.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #131

Oop. Just realized that since Frode is... well, not the driver, but the actual ride... I can't do much until eveyone exits >.0

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

12. - Top - End - #132

Sorry for the double post, but kinda waiting on either Rater or Raziere... Frode asked Alex if she could track Isha so that they could have a second point of reference while chasing through the Warp, or else Raziere needs to move the scene along.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

wait has it really been eight days already!? where does the time go!? darn it, I'll get to it.

14. - Top - End - #134

Just in case there's any confusion, Frode's Blank-Drones aren't interfering locally; they've got a 100m radius field, but they're a lot further away than that. It's just intended to be a fishbowl-effect to keep anything outside from getting in and vice-versa... and hopefully at least slow Nurgle's feeding to limit his powers.

Was kind of fun remembering or looking up various robots to throw at Nurgle- have a few from each universe Frode's been to mentioned so far.

As an aside, you've probably guessed that I don't think the DOOM music is the only demon-slaying music, at least if one is of a more Norse persuasion

Oh yeah... I wouldn't complain in the slightest if Edward was to receive a significant power upgrade if we're going to keep doing these big setpiece battles... in the interim, I'm thinking Mefrune's Razor could pop the Great Unclean Ones like soap bubbles, causing rather a lot of confusion in Nurgle's ranks, no?
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-05-22 at 12:00 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

It's not that Edward's weak, because he isn't. He's an assassin and thief whose skill at sneaking and subtle murder would put Agent 47 and Ezio Auditore to shame. And he also has an army for an hour, or a chunk of one- the Ritual Stone ability lets him reanimate a bunch of dead things nearby for an hour. Problem here is, this battle's between robots, mana-construct summons, and daemons. There's very few bodies applicable.

If someone gave Edward a device that'd let him track Isha's energy signature, he could be running a heist whilst everyone else is providing such a wonderful distraction, but for now he's just causing chaos and confusion. I'd use Devouring Swarm, but the rats probably won't help for long especially if they're carrying the rat plague of Dunwall. Which, knowing Nurgle, would be likely. (Although the sheet I used did say the swarm should adapt in rat-free areas to other, ratlike creatures, but anything here would likely be Nurgle-inspired anyway.)
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    Just in case there's any confusion, Frode's Blank-Drones aren't interfering locally; they've got a 100m radius field, but they're a lot further away than that. It's just intended to be a fishbowl-effect to keep anything outside from getting in and vice-versa... and hopefully at least slow Nurgle's feeding to limit his powers.

Was kind of fun remembering or looking up various robots to throw at Nurgle- have a few from each universe Frode's been to mentioned so far.

As an aside, you've probably guessed that I don't think the DOOM music is the only demon-slaying music, at least if one is of a more Norse persuasion

Oh yeah... I wouldn't complain in the slightest if Edward was to receive a significant power upgrade if we're going to keep doing these big setpiece battles... in the interim, I'm thinking Mefrune's Razor could pop the Great Unclean Ones like soap bubbles, causing rather a lot of confusion in Nurgle's ranks, no?
    1. kay.

2. cool

3. cool, its just my opinion.

4. well I keep suggesting methods in case anyone wants that. like, The Process offering a perk shop, Tzeentch offering a perks in exchange for making a deal with him, and either no one has said anything about the former out of character or rejected the offer in character for the latter, and Edward seems to be fine and can speak for themselves.

as for the big set piece battles well.....unfortunately thats a lot of what Wh40k is focused on, and you ignored all the lower-powered hooks I threw at you that would be more social focused to focus on fixing big things like the Emperor or Isha. like the social/stealth/investigative stuff isn't going to be in the daemon hell-realms of the greedy gods with like endless demon armies or among Orks or Tyranids. like the setting is real slanted towards the Imperium's point of view, so any non-battle stuff mostly happens with them, sometimes with Eldar, sometimes with Tau if you ever get any interest in like the eastern part of the galaxy, probably with Necron Dynasties to? there are tons of minor alien races that as a rogue trader Rhiannon would be allowed to interact with, in places that are very frontier-like, very mos-eisley and the like outside of the Imperium, and there are probably things you can do out on the frontier there like discover lost or alien technology, brave the dangers of some horrible xeno world, while going more into the Imperium, there are lot of problems with Imperial society that could use fixing and allies you could find that AREN'T the terrible authorities that rule it. things like that. its just that when you go for the big stuff, your ignoring all the smaller stuff you could do and people you could interact with, especially when you insist on doing things now rather than going in a ship that allows for more timeskip and preparation. like since getting off the starting planet is been either trying to get information to take down Chaos which is a big setting-changing undertaking or save Isha which is a big setting-changing undertaking.

that and Jumpers are kind of a big wrecking ball the setting's factions can't predict skipping straight to the destination when most people need time to get to any destination and are like, near immobile compared to you, warp travel is slow compared to what you can do. like a single "crusade" people in setting go on can take like 40 years to organize and centuries to actually fight. your lightspeed compared to that. like, normal Wh40k warfare is basically WWI grindfests or tactical take out the leader stuff to make the whole army fall into disarray carried out by either space marines or even normal dudes with lasguns. you are FAR outside the realm of that, and far outside the scope of any Dark Heresy game, even if your like, playing ascension as a full inquisitor at max level. like the only Chaos God realm that isn't basically a big fortress of Demons is Slaanesh's realm, and their realm is more of a series of temptations of pleasures that are increasingly abstract or universal and basic to all lives, and who needs demon army defense when a vast majority of people will die to their own greed on the first temptation probably?

like for example I had this entire plan about the Jaggogona system about showcasing a bunch of Imperium rebel factions that weren't Chaos that could actually positively change things but you just didn't bite, I got the impression that it just a hassle for you to figure out a way to like, skip around to get to the big stuff and you did. like your not going to get slower less powerful stuff if you insist on skipping to big important things that change everything. if you want that, you have to engage with the setting beyond just talking in a room and going "how do we most efficiently get from point A to point B?"

17. - Top - End - #137

Oh. Uhm... I guess first off, apologies all around. I had gotten a mistaken impression and was working off that wrong assumption, so sorry again...

EarloP, if you want to use Frode as your own person Q Branch for tech, especially when he's in full-on Borg Hivemind mode like this, feel free to just put it in, or else I could edit my post to zap the tech over to you, whichever you prefer (was just going to mod the nanocloud generator/communicator/holographic disguise kit thingy that he gave Edward earlier to add sensors, since Edward is still well within range of his powers). And I'll apologise again, I had thought (wrongly) you were getting frustrated with things.

Raziere, I'm sorry here as well. Apparently it wasn't obvious that I am actually enjoying myself a good deal with all this; I just didn't want EarloP to feel left out, which apparently isn't a problem, and upon reflection, isn't really my problem even if there was an issue

Also, as to 3, that was intended in a joking manner... it's just a song I like that I figured was somewhat apropos for Frode.

And I'm not always amazingly observant, so sorry for that as well >.<

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Ah sorry, I'm just trying to explain this stuff so you can get how I'm handling this. I really am trying my best to GM without railroading or anything, even if there are some ideas I wish I could show you more. I might have to be more clear about stuff so I can catch your interest in things, perhaps I'm too vague or mysterious?

also no one still has commented on The Process/the jump patrons potentially offering a perk shop or anything similar. I really do want feedback on that.

19. - Top - End - #139

Ah, okay- tone is hard to judge via text, so things can come across more harshly than intended pretty easily, which I think is what happened with my posting- sorry again.

As to the perk shop... well, speaking strictly for myself, Frode feels 'complete' as a character, at least for the moment; I'm still getting a bit of a feel for him and how he's going to interact with this world, too. I'm taking a look at (one of?) the 40k jumpchain docs after I post this, but the 800 point Archive seems like it would kind of shortcut a lot of the tech-type perks?

All that said, I'm in no way against a perk shop opening up, just don't think I'd take advantage of it with Frode, at least not right away- as you pointed out, Frode has been a) on the bridge of the Sabre, and b) Nurgle's Realm. And that's it

Oh- for the plot hooks, maybe a brief mention in OOC for them, rather than disrupting the flow of your writing IC? If it were me, at least, that's the way I'd prefer to do it, since it would throw me off pretty badly to try and figure out both what the characters would be doing as well as beating plot hooks into my thick head

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

20. - Top - End - #140

I'm not opposed to a Perk shop but I'm not sure how it would work.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #141

Oop- one thing I missed mentioning directly- Raziere, I think you're doing a pretty good job DMing, no complaints here about railroading, and I'm having fun.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

heh, thanks chameleon, nice to hear that, Rater's my friend and all but he can be a bit....not the best at communicating how well I'm doing or what he thinks sometimes, and I haven't interacted with Earl much, like you.

I'm not opposed to a Perk shop but I'm not sure how it would work.
    Well yeah thats why I asked, I'm not entirely sure either.

so to brainstorm:
    -you might earn points for doing certain actions, or making certain things happen like an achievement system, could be as silly or serious as we want.
    -might be able to take drawbacks to increase the challenge of the universe as you go, what challenges we want, we can work out
    -might not be a perk shop at all, might increase power in some other manner? might a kind of leveling/gamer system like some isekai do?
    -might have WH40k perks and other perks available? they should be beneficial to at least some of you in some manner, I'd probably include some perks Ensara would want if only give her more options than Tzeentch or her own machinations.

as for potential plothooks with more clarity and including more than I could before:
    -Jaggogona System is like, a system full of Imperium rebels not aligned with Chaos. this will consist of what it looks when certain local versions of major factions in the Imperium try to improve themselves against the wishes of the wider Imperium, such as the AdMech, the Ecclesiarchy, the local government and so on.
    -a bunch of minor alien races wanting to do a dark ritual to make a dark warp god that will seek vengeance against the Imperium for all the genocides they've done. separate from the other chaos gods, embodiment of vengeance
    -The big mess that is the Octarius Sector like.....in general? like, the situation is that Imperium has formed a thin blockade around it with ships, when the sector is like, 200 lightyears long and that blockade won't hold against either an unstoppable force of Tyranids or Orks if one triumphs over the other, and all the refugees who can have already evacuated, and any who haven't have basically turned their planets into fortress worlds waiting for the tyranids or orks to come, and that the Imperium doesn't have the forces to muster to deal with but can't ignore the situation either.
    -Ensara after Isha's rescue and taking some blueprints from Frode's archive will build a few obscure pieces of technology from various universes, and like build them together to try and bring back her Sidereal mentor herself without Tzeentch's help, since she's a Jumper she might/probably succeed... but at what cost?
    -Ziaphora, a canonical planet that Kryptman is investigating where there is evidence that the Tyranids are settling down and terraforming rather than eating all the biomass of for some reason, which is incredibly strange for Tyranids whether its a unique mutation to their hive fleet or some indication of a part of a wider Tyranid plan is not known.
    -coming across a random Tau ship that is testing an experimental drive to go across the galaxy faster but is now lost and is willing to work with you to get back to the Tau systems and have a cultural and diplomatic exchange with you For the Greater Good!
    -exploring places like the Halo Stars, Heathen Stars or the Rifts of Hecaton in the Koronus Expanse, places beyond the Imperium's reach and influence
    -visiting the Severan Dominate a non-Chaos former imperium rebel system that is canon to Only War, led by a man named Severus fighting against both the Imperium and the Orks.
    -defending a xenos world against an Imperium invasion trying to wipe them all out. (would have to come up with an alien species fitting for WH40k)
    -something something Death World???
    -some incredibly powerful old age of technology weapon is accidentally unleashed by the mechanicus??
    -some radical inquisitor tries to use the spare psykers from that would be sacrificed to the Golden throne for some terrible purpose, with a chance to save them??
    -find the last few positive spirits in the Warp to better learn the nature of it?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-05-23 at 09:16 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143

For the perk store, not sure. Levelup/milestones makes sense to my weird brain, but that's about as strong as my feelings get on the matter.

For plot hooks, what my memory insists on remembering as the Juggalo system sounds intriguing (and like you have material for it already ). Otherwise following up on the lowbie psykers or the positive Warp spirits could be fun.

... for obvious reasons, Frode isn't eager to go up against the 'nids; he can do biotech mentally just as well as he can inorganic tech, but physically he doesn't have the technokinesis shortcut, and may have gotten a little lazy on that front >.>

As a player, if people want to go on a bug hunt, I don't mind, but IC Frode kinda falls under 'don't wanna!'

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

hm, a lot of people don't want to do Tyranids.

honestly, Tyranids are one of the more mysterious things of the setting, since they come from outside the galaxy, no one knows their origins and its implied they might've devoured more than one galaxy before this and are coming from different ones. this could potentially make them much stronger than they actually are, the Tyranids we know of COULD just be scout ships for a main force, or maybe the Tyranids just somehow devoured other galaxies with what they have, its not clear....

tell you what, if no one wants to deal with Tyranids as a plot, Ensara can just deal with them herself as quickly as possible if they're not interesting, or its just something we can put off til' later by saying the Imperium somehow holds them off with the Imperial Guard for now, its fine its wh40k this is kind of nonsensical status quo holding is normal.

as for perk shop....I'll just have The Process inform you of its existence after this Rescue Isha....Mission? we'll call it a mission. and I'll just....include multiple methods of doing things and say its like, the patrons are wanting to experiment with how perks are handed out or something.

Other plot hooks:
    -Lorgar starts gathering the daemon/traitor primarchs to attack the Imperium again, not trusting Abaddon to do it and somehow sensing the Emperor's recovery and thus urging Chaos to move quickly to destroy the Imperium before The Emperor wakes up. might be a later plot hook.
    -one of the less than ideal loyalist primarchs returns to lead the Imperium, while providing more cohesive leadership and direction, also potentially skewing the Imperium in bad directions
    -in a random ancient ruin you find probably the last human from the age of technology preserved in stasis who embodies all the strengths and failures of that age, they would get culture shock from observing the current Imperium but know a lot about how human technology in this setting works far more than any tech priest. might combine this with some other ideas like the death world idea or searching for old/lost technology.

25. - Top - End - #145

Regarding the Perk Shop... A lot of Jumps have scenarios that reward you with perks or items upon completion.

The Perk Shop could just be a "complete milestone, choose reward" situation rather than an "earn points over time that you have to keep track of" thing.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #146

'Complete milestone, earn perk' is pretty much what I had in mind when I said levelup system.

As far as plot hooks, don't forget that 'wake Rowboat Girlyman' (or whatever his name is) is also on the docket and has already been discussed IC.

Wouldn't mind a crack at the Necrons/C'Tan, too, for that matter, since techno-gods are pretty much tailor-made for Frode to humble

EDIT- the 'finding lost supertech' plots are ones where Frode has a bit of an unfair advantage; don't forget the 800 point Archive, which has the full lowdown on all the tech in both the Whoniverse and 40k (honestly, even for 800 Cp, that's kinda overpowered...)
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-05-24 at 10:44 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, I'm just listing all the stuff I came up already, I came up with stuff before you okay? and its a bit hard to come up with plot hooks for things that are explicitly designed to be overpowered and bypass a lot of the stuff normal heroes/adventurers do.

and a lot of the more powerful stuff that ISN'T magic is high technology in this setting so.....hm...

as for the rewards things....I'm coming up with a lot of things you can possibly do, its coming up with rewards for them that is the problem...

plot hooks:
    -Necrons or someone else begin using the Celestial Orrery for some reason. don't know what that is or what it does? its simple, it displays a map of the galaxy. and if you reach out and snuff out one of the holographic stars on it....makes the actual star go supernova. normally not used because of its potential of destroying all the places that Necrons want to rule or outright destroying the entire galaxy in a chain reaction, basically they're not using it out of environmentalism. yeah Necrons are kinda bull like that.
    -Mag'ladoth the Void Dragon, a C'tan wakes up and starts taking over all the technology in the Imperium. This is incredibly bad.
    -this one's a little bit out there: there is a fan theory that the Tyranids are running from something, maybe that something is a galaxy-sized eldritch horror that people mistake for a galaxy called Andromeda, and its coming this way.
    -when people start waking Roboute Guilliman, Tzeentch responds by saying "two can play at that game" and speeds up the events that lead to the Cicatrix Maledictum, which is basically the Eye of Terror being torn to become a warp rift that tears the galaxy in half as per canon.
    -something to do with Goddess T'au'va a canonical new warp entity forming from the Tau's Greater Good ideology.
    -a Genestealer cult somehow finds out early that their destiny to eaten like the rest of the planet by Tyranids and tries to do something about to not get eaten
    -there is a lot of obscure xeno races and such, I could do something with those, but the list is long and would need me to go through them to see what could be interesting.
    -the appearance of the Tyrant Star somewhere outside the Calixis Sector, driving a planet to mass madness and such

28. - Top - End - #148

Er... if I offended you, Raziere, I apologize. That wasn't even remotely my intent, and I'm honestly not entirely sure what happened.

For plot hooks... I'm starting to get a bit overwhelmed at the choices. What are you expecting from us in terms of a response? I'm not amazingly familiar with 40k and I'm not sure how to respond to a lot of them.

As an aside, if you need a big equalizer for Frode, his primary weaknesses in terms of 40k are range (his primary technokinesis powers are limited to about 20,000 km, or pretty much anywhere on a single Earth-sized planet out to Medium Orbit(-ish) and the vast majority of his tech can only interact with various psychic nonsense (like the Warp) on a fairly crude level- he can block/dampen or boost it, maybe tap into telepathic communication on a good day, at a stretch he might be able to alter the effects of psychic energy in some fashion, but that's mostly it (barring finding some sort of wild and crazy tech in the Archive or in the wild).

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    Er... if I offended you, Raziere, I apologize. That wasn't even remotely my intent, and I'm honestly not entirely sure what happened.

For plot hooks... I'm starting to get a bit overwhelmed at the choices. What are you expecting from us in terms of a response? I'm not amazingly familiar with 40k and I'm not sure how to respond to a lot of them.

As an aside, if you need a big equalizer for Frode, his primary weaknesses in terms of 40k are range (his primary technokinesis powers are limited to about 20,000 km, or pretty much anywhere on a single Earth-sized planet out to Medium Orbit(-ish) and the vast majority of his tech can only interact with various psychic nonsense (like the Warp) on a fairly crude level- he can block/dampen or boost it, maybe tap into telepathic communication on a good day, at a stretch he might be able to alter the effects of psychic energy in some fashion, but that's mostly it (barring finding some sort of wild and crazy tech in the Archive or in the wild).
    I am bad at phrasing, and I do not to come off as angry sorry. ugh. like, I'm just a very casual person, okay, its not anything against you.

I just come up with ideas endlessly and hope that people like this or that. my mind can at times be like an infinite improbability drive or something. If you overwhelmed I'll simply stop for now, but I don't expect all of them to make it, because I don't know which ideas are good yet, which ones I want to do, which ones I can work with, and just kind of hope that some of them work, that I'll figure out something later, because if you don't have any ideas I don't have any ideas because I hoping you'd be interested in one over the other and that help narrow it down, but thats clearly not helping. I'll have to figure out something else then.

30. - Top - End - #150

Oh- guess it got buried.

In my response to your first plot-thread post, I said I was interested in the Jaggogona system and the happenings there, otherwise with what was happening to the low-level psykers or good Warp entities.

Also, amusingly, the 'total conversion bomb' thing that Frode is threatening? Entirely canon to his primary inspiration, Madison Jeffries/Box II of Alpha Flight (in Marvel), used to dissipate an enemy the size of a small mountain, the Great Beast Tundra, although later writers appeared to forget he could do that.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu