New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Jumpers Vs. Wh40k ITP OOC 1

So... a fully realized White Lantern and a Full Realized Phoenix Host(White Phoenix) are basically the same concepts explored in different ways so I decided to draw on Pheonix lore a bit for an Amalgam version of the White Light.

I hope Alex secondary Mutating under these circumstances isn't a problem.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-05-28 at 02:18 AM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Eh, I didn't mind before and I don't mind now. No worries from my end.
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

Sorry, had a lot all at once. So, I don't mind a perkshop of some kind, or rewards. They sound good, actually.

I legit thought the Jaggogona System was Genestealer Cults. Rebellion without Chaos involved? There's Harlequins in-system? My take was genestealer cult threatening a maiden world.

I don't mind doing something about the Tyranids, but the issue is it's not something that Edward can really do. Unless they send him out of the galaxy on a little ship to plant a brain-bomb in the centre of the Tyranid swarm that permanently disables the hive mind, but that'd require someone else to build the brain-bomb and also the little ship. Everyone else can either be negotiated with or assassinated. Even Nurgle.

I do still sometimes google up various jumpchain docs, so I am still interested in this and I'd be interested if another popped up too. I'm mostly struggling with time right now. And some of the ones I'm most interested in are password locked for some reason.

It does occur to me also that Edward can summon a dragon, however I do not think a lone dragon right now will be much help- except perhaps in bypassing the armies and getting to the Mansion at the heart of Nurgle's garden.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #154

Yeah, the only real idea I have at the moment for Frode's approach to the 'nids would be a Blanking von Neumann probe-swarm, and that comes with its own problems- the last thing 40k needs is Saberhagen Berserkers thrown into the mix, even before they inevitably get corrupted by Chaos.
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Sorry, had a lot all at once. So, I don't mind a perkshop of some kind, or rewards. They sound good, actually.

I legit thought the Jaggogona System was Genestealer Cults. Rebellion without Chaos involved? There's Harlequins in-system? My take was genestealer cult threatening a maiden world.

I don't mind doing something about the Tyranids, but the issue is it's not something that Edward can really do. Unless they send him out of the galaxy on a little ship to plant a brain-bomb in the centre of the Tyranid swarm that permanently disables the hive mind, but that'd require someone else to build the brain-bomb and also the little ship. Everyone else can either be negotiated with or assassinated. Even Nurgle.

I do still sometimes google up various jumpchain docs, so I am still interested in this and I'd be interested if another popped up too. I'm mostly struggling with time right now. And some of the ones I'm most interested in are password locked for some reason.

It does occur to me also that Edward can summon a dragon, however I do not think a lone dragon right now will be much help- except perhaps in bypassing the armies and getting to the Mansion at the heart of Nurgle's garden.
    its okay, life happens like that, I don't expect for things to always go fast anymore or try to push people into anything.

as for the password locks, yeah those are weird.....I had to go find certain links to click on that allow access that then opens access for all the links, because they tend to gather jumpchains into archives/folders/drives, mostly either the Reddit archive, the 4chan archive or the SB (Space Battle) archive all on google docs. its probable that the links your interested in lead to one of those three archives instead of directly to the jumpchain doc itself, which have that password weirdness to it. I can find and copy the links that should open them up if you want.

yeah, Ensara can also summon a dragon friend through her own means but I haven't found a reason to yet, maybe her dragon friend should just have some cool armor to protect her made out of like, orichalcum and darksteel made in a previous Jump.....
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

I've mostly only looked on the Reddit, except I also sort-of haven't. I tend to have a moment on my tablet, and think 'ooh, that might be interesting to read about' and search a specific setting in Google followed by 'jumpchain', which does usually take me straight to a Reddit post. The main one I remember being annoyed at not being able to access was Puella Magi Madoka Magica, though I don't know if that'd be on my list of jumps if another RP like this started. I'd probably go Stormlight Archive because a shardblade would be really useful and I've also considered Wheel of Time, which happens to have swordmastery perks.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

okay lets see....
    for PMMM one try this link see if it works, this the link to four Madoka jumpchains from 4chan:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/f...cEAhagqmmcrAcF

its the only link I can find that goes Puella jumps and includes wraith timeline which is the only I found google-searching reddit.

if that doesn't work, here is the All Jumps List I use:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1079624723

if none of the links there work, go down to the tabs, click the drive tab, the various links to the drives there should give you access to all the jumpchains on the document.

8. - Top - End - #158

Hopefully I haven't gone overboard with the whole 'Frode is powerful' bit here.

The TL:DR of what I/Frode did last post-

- Taunted Nurgle some more, albeit more for his own amusement than any real expectation of results.

- Piggybacked the teleportation of the Great Unclean Ones to open a portal for Edward, should he choose to go through it.

- Created a massive set of unidirectional explosions to disperse the tidal wave (if you're curious, the numbers I used should be roughly in line with the math I could find online for what it would take to stop a tidal wave [well, five times the minimum amount of energy, which I figured was a decent guess] and the amount of energy that would be generated by the total conversion of roughly 250 kg of mass into energy- 1 kg translates into about 21 kt of energy). What effect that will have on the stability of the Warp is anybody's guess.

- Tested the effects of his planned countermeasures against the daemon attacks.

- Pulled a flow of reversed time between Nurgle's forces and the Jumpers, so that the entropy blasts that passed through it started working backwards (lemme know if this one's too much and I'll edit).

- Dealt with the diseases effects on himself with powers and perks.

- Kept shooting back.
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-06-04 at 04:57 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

I was going to have Edward dive into the portal anyway, but Nurgle's three attacks really helped cement that choice. Edward would not have really been able to survive everything thrown at him, unless he'd found cover somewhere.

Thankyou for the drive; it's very handy.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

okay, after some thought I have a more solid idea for the perk shop:

Okay, here is how its going to work:
    The Perk Shop, will have a few “tabs” or options to pick whether to purchase things from. For simplicity's sake, all perks will be purchasable through Achievement Tokens, abbreviated as AT

For every milestone you get 1 AT.

You may also get special rewards for certain actions or achievements. They may be refused to get 1 AT instead.

Jumps you can purchase perks from:
    Any perk from the Generic Warhammer 40k Jump for 1 AT
    Any perk from a jump or setting you have previously been to for 1 AT
    Any perk from any Jump that is neither of the above for 2 AT
    A pool of “Just For Fun” perks that can be purchased from at 1AT or even free, the “Just For Fun” aspect defined as anything that while not having any practical effect or ability to make you more powerful, does make things more fun.

Limitations:
    -you are not allowed to purchase any lewd perks for the sake of forum rules
    -also not allowed to purchase any perk from the “Generic OP Protagonist Jump” or from "Essence Jumpchain"
    -there is no set value of AT to CP conversion, as I just trust you to not abuse the system. if you prefer CP and a slower accumulation towards more expensive perks, you may choose to get 200cp instead of an AT and save up till you get enough, switching back and forth as needed, saving both of them up, in case you want to purchase one perk NOW but then just want to take it slow with getting any others. The doubled cost still applies for CP when taking any perk from any Jump outside the ones specified however.

that sound good, or is there something about this that needs working on?

11. - Top - End - #161

I can't really see many problems with it as presented.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #162

... I'd ask what the **** the point of a 'lewd' perk is, or what one even is, but I'm fairly certain I'm happier not knowing, so please don't tell me

The bits that I understand seem fine, but I'm not sure what the 'generic' 40k perk doc is or where to find it, ditto the 'generic OP protagonist' and 'Essence Jump' ones. Also, where will the 'Just for Fun' perk pool be compiled (or is that still in the TBD phase?)?

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

The bits that I understand seem fine, but I'm not sure what the 'generic' 40k perk doc is or where to find it, ditto the 'generic OP protagonist' and 'Essence Jump' ones. Also, where will the 'Just for Fun' perk pool be compiled (or is that still in the TBD phase?)?
    here is the
    Generic Warhammer40k Fanfic Jump

its just the most convenient perks for all WH40k in one place, when all the others for some weird reason focus on certain factions for some reason. technically you could buy from those 40k ones for 1AT as well, but there are so many I'd think it better to be convenient.

as for Generic OP and Essence Jump, don't worry about them, they're not allowed because the first is like, WAY too powerful for this roleplay. like, GenOP will pretty much just allow you solve the entire setting in like, the snap of your finger or something its ridiculous and if you were to get like.....multiversal power of anything, I'd have to change this roleplay to being about mroe than just Wh40k or at least only one version of it, to say nothing of Boundless power. Essence Jump is less bad, but still pretty overpowered but its not allowed more for like, there are a TON of options in that, like a ridiculous amount far beyond all reason that makes even 80-100 page jumps look short in comparison and thus way too long to search through it all, so its like more to....make sure I don't have to hunt through like, hundreds of essence potions that instantly give you this or that power from this or that universe.

I guess I can link the ones not allowed just to make sure you know what I'm talking about:
    Generic Op Protagonist Jump
    Essence Jumpchain

As for finding any others:
    The TJ All Jumpchains List
    its what I use for finding all of them and will put it in the first post.

as for the just for fun perk pool, I might compile SOME as examples, but its also there to allow you to find any free perk that isn't empowering, that are just take it and just make things more fun, like the aforementioned perk from Ezekiel that gives Borderlands style introductions to people which I'd say falls under this kind of perk. any perk that allows you to play music from stuff are free and fine, things like that.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-06-16 at 11:17 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

It looks good to me. Though I'm curious as to the conversion rates; is 1 Action Point equivalent to any perk from a previous jump, from a 50pt piece of equipment all the way up to a 600pt ability?

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Yes. 1 AT, 1 perk, thats why I'm largely either just trusting you, or go with the 200cp option if you really feeling thats too wide a range- though technically there can be perks higher costed than 600. no need to complicate the system.

also, for the sake of this current....quest I'll count milestone completion as when Isha is saved, not when Nurgle is killed, given whats happening as thats what this was originally about.

16. - Top - End - #166

Would the complete Warp collapse happen after Nurgle cut his own connection to the Warp and the Daemons derived from him?

Also like... We earlier established that in this continuity the Chaos Gods aren't the concepts they're made of and killing one of them wouldn't unmake the concepts they're made of so even if Nurgle had still b connected to his component daemons I'm not sure it would have the effect you're prescribing.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-06-18 at 12:42 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #167

While it's obviously up to Raziere in the end, my thinking on the Warp-borking is this (oh, and Frode is annoyed; I'm not- that was just RP, sorry if it wasn't clear):

The Warp is, at a fundamental level, built out of energy, and not terribly stable energy at that. Alex has just *booped* a quarter of that energy out of existence (at least as far as the Warp is concerned- it's no longer in a format that is compatible with the Warp, assuming I've got the White Light correct... and the Warp, for that matter).

That's going to leave a significant vacuum, which the rest of the energy of the Warp will rush to fill. This, in turn, is going to cause insane levels of turbulence- it'd be like being in a fishbowl after a meteor strike.

So it's not a collapse of the Warp, per se, it's just making an unholy mess of it that would probably prohibit travel.

... even outside of the hellwar that seems to be brewing.

But, like I said, up to Raziere. As it stands, it's pretty much just my best guess as to what would happen based on what I know of things- which I'll admit is pretty limited.

Oh, and Frode's attempted solution is to isolate the sudden vacuum with Blank fields, which will then contract slowly and self-destruct as they meet in the centre, hopefully making the transition gentle enough to avoid the whole 'everything is warp storms' bit.

EDIT- as an aside, I'd been kind of feeling like you'd been playing Alex a lot weaker than I'd expect her to be from how you'd described her, so glad to be proven wrong with her just casually ****ing eating Nurgle
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-06-18 at 01:03 AM.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

18. - Top - End - #168

Nurlge cut his connection to his component Daemons before Alex fully converted him.

Most of that energy should still be in the Warp.

Even if not, this should be within Alex's power to fix given her own raw psionic ability.

Edit: Alex has the World of Carboard Problem. If she goes all out, **** breaks, so she's in the habit of holding back.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-06-18 at 01:07 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #169

I suppose it depends on how much of their power the Chaos twits are in the habit of investing in their various creations; I honestly don't know. And Alex fixing things might be at least a little inhibited by Frode's attempted fix, at least if she (at this stage) would be even marginally inconvenienced by the Shadow King; one of Frode's psionic dampers was enough to shrug off a full assault from Amahl Farouk, and there's at the very least tens of millions of them in play right now.
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-06-18 at 01:20 AM.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Well, here is the thing and this is going to be long and like metaphysical:
    I'm not entirely sure what would actually happen if the Chaos Gods died. I knew this would be complicated to actually do, because....technically the chaos Gods are only galaxy level in power. perfectly killable, and there are tons of DC/Marvel entities more powerful than them. like, if you went to another galaxy there would probably be different Chaos Gods if sapient life is there, who knows how the Warp is in other galaxies, Wh40k is ridiculous but its not as powerful as some vs battles people like to claim.

I've been trying to figure that out before I posted and no one's entirely sure. some fans claim that the demons are apart of the Chaos Gods, but I'm not sure if thats canon. some people claim the Chaos Gods can NEVER die because they're like, made from these emotions and thus will always exist as long as they do, but I'm not sure if thats actually canon and even if these are canon that doesn't necessarily mean they are true, as it could just mean that this is just Chaos God propaganda to make them more invincible and unkillable than they actually are. GW certianly will never answer what would happen in any meaningful capacity.

as for Chaos Gods actually being their concepts.....I'm not sure if that was ever true, I certainly don't see how it would be. Warhammer 40,000, my impression of it at least is that its physics are not how to say it.....spiritual? idealistic? platonic? like this the Grimdark universe. this isn't a place where if you go and kill the spirit of hate that hate suddenly stops existing, or if you make a spirit of greed, that suddenly greed starts being more important or whatever. these warp entities don't have a purpose. they're not these cosmically chosen beings by some higher power to oversee these concepts or some naturalistic rise that makes them vital to anything, if Slaanesh is any indication the Chaos Gods all artificial fallouts of people screwing up incredibly. while the Eldar Gods, from what I know, they are intentionally made BY the Eldar to be weapons during the War in Heaven and just like.....over time forgot that they made their own deities and thus started thinking they're just real ones when...they aren't.

like. maybe I'm taking the whole "psychic" thing too seriously, but it seems to me like: WH40k history is that the Big Bang happened and for some reason that created some Immaterium thought-plane. for some reason, the Old Ones mastered it before everyone else and used it to do incredible things and ascend to deification, made the Eldar, Necrontyr took issue because of how much their lives sucked, War In Heaven happened and the Old ones made Orks, Old ones died despite being spirits who had ascended to like the Immaterium level, and the big war long ago screwed everything thus like, dooming everyone after in some way because hey, wouldn't be very grimdark in the game wasn't rigged before you started playing yeah?

and like the Warp being calm and peaceful long ago is not because its GOOD or anything, but because its like the ocean: the ocean is a force in the world. when you pollute the ocean, bad things happen but that doesn't mean that the ocean can't get turbulent without the pollution anyways, just now there is some toxic waste in it. if you cut off the Materium from the Warp (which is possible), you'd have a nihilistic materialistic one much like most pure sci-fi fiction ones that discard any notion of magic or the soul, and psykers would stop being psykers, there'd be no daemons or saints, no faith powers, Imperium MASSIVELY screwed over, but given the Dark Eldar, the technology of the Necrons its perfectly possible to recover from the Warp being cut off from the Materium just would take a very long time to figure out the tech that the Necrons have to do so, we'd find out how much the orks tech prowess is due to that old Ork belief theory and how much of its just them being very good improv mechanics, Tyranids would probably be fine since they somehow traveled through many other galaxies eating them and we don't know if they have similar connections to the warp like this one (things like Eye of Terror have been shown to connect Materium and the Immaterium and there is evidence to suggest that the Materium and Immaterium were closer in the past when it was calmer and thus probably a more....malleable universe)

But the Warp existing? doesn't mean that a spirit of happiness is like, THE spirit of happiness. your not literally killing happiness when you do it. all those thoughts, all those emotions that make up the chaos god and whatnot...are data and energy. data and energy that don't run on electricity but psychic energy yes, but data and energy nonetheless. as for souls....all that happens to them when they go into the Warp is that they get eaten by demons. The Warp, is purposeless. It has no reason to exist, just like how rocks or trees or whatever has no actual reason to exist. It just IS. Belief, thought, willpower and such certainly INFLUENCE this force, this process, this phenomenon, but there is no evidence to suggest that it actually makes those beliefs RIGHT or TRUE or CORRECT. Otherwise the blatantly fascist and tyrannical Imperium who currently holds the majority of the belief-power in this galaxy would really be the good guys because they warp belief to make it so. Which....isn't true, obviously. they are evil. All they are doing is....contributing data and energy with their belief. all this data goes to the Emperor, his soul, because thats where their belief is pointing. certainly when a Chaos cultist believes in Khorne and and does stuff to contribute to Khorne's power and religion, doesn't mean the universe becomes a little more Khornlike just because they believe- it becomes so because it goes to Khorne or some other Daemon who do a thing to make more violence happen using logic if supernatural means.

like this probably all my own headcanon but it work like that makes sense for the kind of world that WH40k is, and distinguishes it from other worlds that also have mental planes or whatever. like, the 21st century of humanity still happened in this universe, you know that? yet unlike say, Persona or whatever, there is no ideas from that time floating around being actual beings, because they're just.....a small amount of thought-data that don't compare to the amount of thought needed to make a Daemon. for example, Spiderman could theoretically be created from the Warp probably using rituals and he'd be your idea of the Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman, if enough effort was put in to make sure enough psychic energy was there to form him, and you like encoded the proper data to make him and such, you could theoretically even make Spiderman from the Warp BY ACCIDENT if enough people say, put on Spiderman costumes and did Spiderman things like shoot webs, save people, be poor, mope about everyone around them dying and repeat "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility" a lot, certainly the Cult of Spiderman would certainly do a lot of things like that in their devotion to Spiderman to make their Spiderman-God happy and maintain them....

But it wouldn't be THE Spiderman y'know what I mean? It wouldn't be some Platonic Spiderman that somehow magically makes Spidermen or responsibility exist. It'd just be the result of a lot of people wanting to be Spiderman, reflected in the Warp, a mashup of what people want Spiderman to be: A Subjective Spiderman-God. I think it makes the most sense given the evidence, after all, Khaine and Khorne are very similar, yet they are separate gods. Gork and Mork are war gods as well, yet they are separate from Khorne. so why would there four freaking war gods if Khorne is like some platonic war god making war exist? makes no sense.

and yeah this is all my interpretation, gleaned from various sources and people thinking upon this. maybe I'm wrong! But the nature of Wh40k canon and what we're doing here makes it so that one's interpretation has to fill in some gaps when we encounter a situation like this that will never happen in canon. that is what I honestly think makes the most sense out of WH40k and its setting.

Would the complete Warp collapse happen after Nurgle cut his own connection to the Warp and the Daemons derived from him?
    its not technically collapsing. its becoming more unstable. he was a god, keeping the realm stable because he was like....the king. as long as a king is there, a kingdom stays stable. especially in a realm of ideas. the kingdom doesn't stop existing because he died, farmers can still farm after all, but now there other nations and bandit coming to take the land and eat the crops, and there will be warlords fighting it out to become the new king and the realm may die entirely but.....there will be some Chaos before that happens, an entire big part of the Warp that is a Daemon War zone/warring states place. Chaos is messy like that! it just instantly collapsing and three Chaos gods just ruling everything would be too orderly.

TLDR: you killed the psychic decay king, now a bunch of warlords and the other kings they did constant politics against are going to move in to get the dead king's land.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-06-18 at 05:16 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171

So... Things are about to get messy, but this isn't going to **** over Warp Travel for the next few centuries or make the Warp smaller?

...Actually, couldn't throwing out a bunch of psionic dampeners make it worse then?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Well, there is a reason why I've been keeping the focus on you in the Warp for right now. the consequences are not always immediately known!

But y'know the old roleplayers adage "don't give the GM ideas".

I COULD make Warp travel stop for a centuries and you have to go do something to fix it, or I could have the Emperor send out a pulse of golden light to counteract the warp storm, at the cost of dimming the Astronomicon for like, hm a month or so down to being only visible in Segmentum Solar, while he uses Frode's Eye of Eternity to recover it and himself, using his own clever scientist brain to speed up the recovery which he is probably doing anyways by manipulating the tech priests around him by guiding them in subtle ways.

or maybe Frode's wrong and the warp storm is limited to Segmentum Tempestus, the "southern" quarter of the galaxy which was my plan before Frode's most recent post, but would effectively cut people off from Segmentum Ultima as well, given most of the Imperium's territory there is in the southern portion with Ultramar and the Octarius Sector and the northeastern part of the galaxy is just a place where the Imperium hasn't been because the light of the Astronomicon doesn't reach there.

(I guess the supermassive black hole at the center of the galaxy blocks the Emperor's light or something, or maybe its the second big warp rift that exists thats not the eye of terror.....thats called the Maelstrom also near the center of the galaxy, yeah that probably contributes to it.)

maybe something else! the Warp from a practical storytelling perspective is pretty much just a wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey horrorey terrory......thing that does what ever the plot requires. what it can potentially do is pretty much limitless, with all the horror that implies.

Who knows! as long as we can keep it fun of course.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-06-18 at 07:01 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173

And here we see another of Frode's weaknesses- his powers can run off his subconscious, and if he's in a heightened emotional state, especially if he's also having to spread his concentration (like trying to formulate the navigation out of the *** end of the Warp while he's expecting it to disintegrate), it's not hard to get tech out of him just by saying the name.

So, random question for you, Rater, as you seem fairly comics-knowledgeable... can you think of any pure bricks (i.e. super strength, super toughness, and that's mostly it- think the Hulk, the Thing, Colossus, etc., although some minor side powers are okay as long as they are primarily a brick) from DC or Marvel that could give the Mangog a solid fight? Gonna pre-emptively eliminate Omega, since he's mostly a brick, but as far as I know, he's completely indestructible barring the destruction of the Miracle Machine, so it's tough to call that a 'fair' fight.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

24. - Top - End - #174

Wildcard answer: Molly Hayes

Second-generation artificial mutant* with the power of a psychokinetic aura that grants her superhuman strength and protection from harm via tactile psychokinesis.

She's commonly compared to The Hulk in terms of raw physical power and this holds up such as when she was under the effects of a spell that simulated a direct injection of caffeine she picked up a three hundred tory Kaiju and clammed it back into the ground.

She also ripped off Cloak's cloak, which literal Gods have tried and failed to do.

Like, she's not officially an Omega Level, but I would not be surprised if they said she is.

Her primary weakness is that when her powers first manifest they put a strain on her—she got psychic nosebleeds when they were coming in and would frequently be exhausted from any demonstration of strength—but as she got older and more experienced with her powers that are less and less of an issue with her demonstrating casual use of her superhuman strength on several occasions and I think she's more or less over the issue as of the most recent series she was in.

Additionally, she's depicted as being an absolute unit of a woman as an adult in a possible future.

Given that it's highly unlikely that she'd be able to work out suggests that she might also have some kind of enhanced physiology and/or legitimate superhuman strength underneath the tactile psychokinesis.

As an aside, she's the "Marvel" half of Alex's companion Mad Molly Quinn.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #175

Yup, I recognized Molly right away when you brought her in... er, rather, I recognized 'Mad' Molly Quinn as being half Molly Hayes and half Harley Quinn. Was actually meaning to ask you about if you were planning on bringing her out once we're done with all the Warpy nonsense for the moment, as Frode would recognize her Molly half from his time working with Krakoa. Was curious to see how the two would interact, as Frode actually has halfway-decent paternal instincts.

... (Adult) Molly vs Mangog? Huh. If it wasn't for the 'ripped Cloaks cloak off' thing, I'd blow it off, but that suggests that she's got a little something extra behind her strength. Her being Hulk-level is impressive, but at the same time, I honestly don't think that the Hulk could handle the Mangog; I don't think that even the most powerful incarnation of the Hulk could just straight-up ignore Mjolnir, especially not Thor landing full-power blows on his finger.

Honestly, the only (mostly) straight brick I've been able to come up with that could reasonably challenge the Mangog is pre-Crisis Validus, was wondering if you could come up with something else.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

26. - Top - End - #176

Yeh, I can bring out Molly and Rose when we get back to the ship but don't expect them to be super cooperative at first for what I hope are obvious reasons.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #177

Hah- no, obviously not. Mostly I want to play around with how incredibly weirded out Frode is going to be with them (well, Molly at least) being half someone he knows. Well, knows a little, anyways- far as I know, the Runaways didn't have much to do with Krakoa. Intellectually, Frode more-or-less 'gets' the Amalgam universe, but to have it in his face is going to be a bit of an experience.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

If Edward had been present when Nurgle was eaten, he'd be bringing up that they'd agreed not to kill Tzeentch so why did they kill Nurgle, but as he wasn't there he's currently assuming it was either a military necessity and was the best choice or they decided to do it as a group and it wasn't just Alex deciding she was hungry and Nurgle looked like a doughnut.

29. - Top - End - #179

I'm still here, but there isn't really much for Frode to do at the moment- he's sort of stuck in TARDIS mode right now, to keep Isha alive, so...

Well, just assume that once everyone is done whatever they're doing on the Sabre that he's going to jump them to the Black Library.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I feel I may have messed up with that battle if you felt like killing Nurgle was your only shot at winning.

and that our expectations are not calibrated if you felt like that battle was pushing Alex, because I'm pretty sure Marvel and DC are stronger than Wh40k, and I thought the jumpers were winning and the daemons were just slowing them down but clearly we're not agreeing, so I feel I screwed something up, and I'm not sure what or if I'm just doubting myself unnecessarily?

and I'm not sure if Ensara should continue this conversation and drag this into an argument between Ensara and Alex, debates like this between our characters can drag on when like, I want to keep a certain flow so that we don't get bogged down, so I'm not sure if that continuing the argument's a good idea, especially when we're so close to just getting the Isha thing done.