New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Jumpers vs. 40k IC1: Worst. Isekai. Ever.

The Jumpers:
    While you were talking Ensara had been fighting off daemons coming every which direction, her punches from her six arms in this deilv-body firing off green infernal fire.

When Isha is unlocked from the cage, suddenly psychic power flows out of her, oddly calming and peaceful, yet....melancholic. As if her very presence gives off an aura of....empathy. Through you feel a compassion greater than any mortals. Each death she witnesses, a single tear falls from her eye, even if they are daemons.

When the Tardis appeared you hear a strangely sensual and melodic voice echoing in the far distance:
    "Ooooooh Iiisssha......where aaaaare you?"
    Isha eyes widen in pure fear and terror at hearing that voice and she hurries in, trusting that Frode knew what he was doing.
    "Please get out before they can find me. Death would be kind compared to what She Who Thirsts likes to do to people's souls."
    There is an old trauma there, in her voice.

Ensara will be the last to get in, defending the daemons coming in from all sides and shifting back to her normal form as she gets in the Tardis.

You travel back to The Sabre where Rhiannon is speaking:
    "Alright! Everyone keep calm! Just because the Light of the Astronomicon isn't visible doesn't mean it is out. Warp Storms have been known to block it before. Astropath Xiao, what can you tell us?"
    "I'm receiving an Astropathic message from Segmentum Solar, the Astronomican is still visible there but seems to stop being visible approximately 44,000 light years out from Terra. If I had to guess, the gigantic golden wave that passed by was connected to it- wait another message! We're getting reports that Segmentum Tempestus is experiencing warp storms but that the Adeptus Astra Telepathica thinks that the golden wave was the Emperor stopping the warp storm spreading to other Segmentums."
    "Great, meaning whole galactic south is out of contact for who knows how long! And the Emperor's light has dimmed to only light the core of the Imperium. There is going to be rebellions and mayhem across the galaxy. What in the Emperor's name is happening!? I'm taking command, if we can do some short calculated jumps of only four to five lightyears we can hopefully get to an Imperial world where we can at least sit safely with more resources than whatever supplies we have in the cargo...."
    She sees you four
    "By the Emperor.....your back. I'd never thought I'd be relieved to see you four back. Do you have any idea whats going on?"
    "We killed Nurgle. Probably what caused the whole dimming of the lighthouse and such." Ensara explains
    "Nurgle's dead? Great! This is a great victory!"
    "....At the cost of who knows many lives, given the negative effects of it."
    "Well yes, but Frode is here yes? He can just fix the Astronomicon again like he did last time and minimize the loss of resources, and any worlds that still foolishly rebel we can just reconquer back, or make a bunch of new Rogue Traders to help do that, probably both. And I know some Inquisitors would consider this a victory no matter what the cost. A Chaos God dead is practically a miracle, now maybe the Imperium can focus more of its biology-focused tech priests on figuring out a solution to the Tyranids or other xeno dangers rather having to constantly cure whatever new kind of disease Nurgle would come up with."
    "Sigh... I'm not even surprised anymore. I'm getting Kaerabryn, jobs not done yet."
    She will go find Kaerabrynn who is busy practicing Immaterial Martial Arts movements.
    "Hey Kaera, we need for negotiations with Cegorach, we got Isha."
    "You have done WHAT!?" She stops, her eyes filled with wonder.

Soon....
    Isha is bewildered as the equivalent of an Eldar teenager is fangirling over her, her words spilling out a mile a minute in the TARDIS
    "OH MY GODS!! Like you look so beautiful and gorgeous and I feel as if I'm so light and happy and can feel what other people are feeling, I've heard so much about you and how your tears apparently like are maybe the spirit stones of all the Eldar? and I'm so glad you've been rescued its such an honor to meet you Isha! Wait is that too familiar sorry I mean Mother Isha, I hope your doing alright I can't imagine what it was like being Nurgle's prisoner for so long you must be so happy to have gotten out-OH MY GODS I'M THE FIRST ELDAR TO TALK TO ISHA IN TEN THOUSAND YEARS!"
    Then she starts babbling in the Eldar tongue instead as she forgets to speak in Low Gothic due to her excitement. Isha nervously holds up her hands saying
    "I.....I'm not that great....compared to all the other Eldar deities I didn't do much back then..."

Meanwhile, Khorne:
    In the land of blood and brass, where storms blow perpetually across the skies, where gale force winds of pure rage rip up great chunks of earth, while the land fights back with blasts of lava at legions of clouds, mountains as sharp and narrow as swords grow out the ground as fast a thrust to pierce the sky, only for the clouds to regather for their counteract with volleys of red lightning in retaliation, where bloodthirsters fight over territory forever being split apart by rivers of blood ever shifting fighting each other over who owns which section as they combine or to reclaim land they lost from new divisions, the conflict never ending, atop a Throne of Skulls from every species of every alien that ever existed, sits the titanic form of Khorne in all his dark spiky armor, filled with eight designs of snarling dogs, his baroque helm hiding his hound-like face, at his side rests a two-handed great sword of many names: Woebringer, Warmaker, and the End of All Things, to mention but a few, a blade said to capable of cutting through reality itself and allow for demons to pour into the Materium.
    From his throne he normally watches battles, wars, slaughter- and these things pleases him for a moment. When blood is spilled, when an axe pierces a skull, a slaughter happens-this is what please Khorne. He cares not where the blood flows from, as long as it does. But these are only faint flashes of happiness amidst his limitless, eternal rage. This is normal. Khorne is always enraged. Always angry, forever. He can't not be angry. Witnessing Nurgle's death from a distance however stoked a certain flavor of fury within him however. He was a connoisseur of the many kinds fury and this one was the fury of knowing an ally you had was destroyed, thus putting yourself into a worse political position. Blindingly furious about it really. He growled. He hated Nurgle like he hates everyone, but he was his nominal ally against Tzeentch and especially Slaanesh, so he hated Nurgle slightly less. Nurgle balanced the Great Game they played, Four Chaos Gods meant the sides were even and none of them could overpower the other, not truly even if Khorne was currently the strongest Chaos God in existence due to all the wars that have been happening. If the Great Game was balanced, chaos continued forever due to the powers constantly warring and all four profited from it. They were enemies to be allies in that respect, a mortal would see this as paradoxical and illogical true but this is just how Chaos worked: the warred with each other to be at peace, for their war against each other could forever be used to farm psychic energy from all corners of sapient thought and thus no matter what was done, they could arrange things so that they all win.
    But now? Nurgle was dead. Which mean the Great Game wasn't the same now. Tzeentch and Slaanesh could be aiming to team up and take him down, just like how he and Nurgle teamed up to take Tzeentch down at the end of the Age of Technology, back when Tzeentch was at the height of his power due to the progress and ambition of the age. He knew first hand that his current position at the top could be usurped and destroyed. He needed to do something to make sure history did not repeat.

So he came up with a plan, not a complex plan like Tzeentch would make. But a simple plan. Not a stupid plan, not a short-sighted plan, not a bad plan, a SIMPLE plan. One with all the unnecessary nonsense chopped out. Khorne was a beast of unending blood and violence, but he was also a god of generals and strategists. Such worshippers often had to cut straight to the point, come up with plans that solve things in the most efficient and direct way possible with the resources they had. The simplest solution was the best solution. He rumbles out words of rage, rarely needing to speak at all, but when he does he speaks curtly and directly:
    "I NEED ALLIES."
    He concludes.

Meanwhile, Somewhere on Terra: In Sheep's Clothing
    Somewhere on Terra, far from its spires in its underhive, there is a young girl, names Kalli, about....say, 16 years old? Old enough to know there is darkness in the world, but young enough to still believe anything. A psyker hiding great power, a psyker who has lost everything: their family to industrial accidents as is so often the case of the manufactorums of Terra, their friends to the arbites executing them for crimes like stealing food they need to survive, anything and everything the Imperium has taken from her, including her hope. She sits in some dark alley, despairing. Perhaps some other time, a voice who loves such despair would've whispered to her, but whisper it does no more. Instead, a different being now chooses to speak to Kalli:
    "Kalli. Citizen of my Holy Imperium."
    She looks up and gasps- it was the God Emperor of Mankind, resplendent in intricate golden armor with eagles all over, a giant among men, long flowing locks of ebony hair, wielding a flaming sword, crimson cape flowing behind him and a shining light coming behind him like a halo- everything the Ecclesiarchy depicted him as. He was wondrous.
    "Emperor!? Is that you?"
    "Yes, Kalli. I am coming to you in this vision to speak of very important matters to you."
    "Important? What- wuh....why? Why are talking to me?"
    "Why, is it not obvious? Because I need you Kalli. You have a Great Destiny in store for you."
    "A...Great Destiny?"
    "Yes. A Destiny greater than any lord, any general, even any Primarch. I have decided to choose you, above all others for a Duty only you can carry out, and as we all know: Duty Until Death."
    "But....but why me? I'm no one.....the Imperium has taken so much from me...."
    "It is because of this that you are my Chosen One. My Imperium has grown corrupt and rotten. The lords of my Imperium no longer follow my Will. I need, no the Imperium needs someone to Change it. Needs some to purge it of the rot and bring Hope to all of Humanity. I've tried to inspire them to be better through my Saints, my Angels of Death that are my Adeptus Astartes, and my Adepta Sororitas, but these have all failed. I see potential within you that none others possess. The potential to save all Mankind and uplift it to a greater state that purges all threats from the galaxy so that Mankind may live in peace amongst the stars, including all the humans that corrupt humanity. I see the potential in you to be the Imperiums True Hero."
    "Thats....I don't know what to say" Kalli says. She never thought something like this would ever happen to her. She....was destined? To be a hero? To change it all for the better? The Emperor thought she could do it? It was unbelievable.
    "How do you know I can?"
    "Come now Kalli"
    Tzeentch lies as he puts on a fatherly smile
    "I'm the God-Emperor of Mankind. Have a little faith in me."
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-06-27 at 04:49 AM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #272
    Colossus in the Playground

"This is a qualified success at best: Had my plan worked Nurgle and all his forces would have been inverted into forces of good in the universe and brought further stability to the Warp. Instead, he had to be a sore loser about it while acting like he wasn't. Huh, was hoping to check in with the girls first but if the situation is this bad... I can fix it."

Alex puts on the Cerebro Helmet and broadcast's out her consciousness.

Her first attempt will be to reach out and try to forcibly impose stability on the Warp, with Cerebro magnifying her godlike psionic powers it shouldn't be... too hard.

Of course, the question is how long ill that last once she's no longer focusing on it? She knows she can't do that forever, she has no intent to be a useful idiot sitting on a golden throne.

If she can enforce enough stability in the areas of the Warp where they just were to counteract the heightened chaos, she'll briefly pull back to see what happens... Otherwise, we get Plan B.

...Hopefully, they won't have to use Plan C. Plan C had the highest chances of backfiring.

Meanwhile, Molly and Rose are wandering the ship trying to find any sign of where Alex vanished to, concerned about the commotion and vaguely missing the Zombies.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Ensara:
    "Okay, Look I'm not going to lecture you on killing or absorbing Nurgle, Alex. Nor am I going to lecture you about the consequences- you clearly had a plan to mitigate it, and Nurgle had his own ideas."
    Ensara says while leaning on one of the tardis's weird support beams
    "Malfeas knows, I'd do it myself sooner or later with more preparation and knowledge, and Nurgle was a literal garbage pile who deserved it. We're Jumpers, accumulating power like that is just something that we kinda do over time. However what I am angry about is the hypocrisy. You told me not to pull basically the same stunt with Tzeentch not to long ago, yet now you suddenly decide its A-Okay to do it, because its you and you had the opportunity? What the hell?"

As for the Warp well hm.....define "calm". Normal Warp in this day and age is already not-calm and screwed up by the Chaos Gods existence. Warp storms are just super not-calm. True calm is literally a state of a long ago near-mythical past. What your doing is smoothing out the mayhem to be a manageable mayhem that you can travel through like everywhere else, rather than unmanageable chaos that you can't. Though, as the Warp settles you sense its....not quite the same. Nurgle had an influence, and now its gone. The flows of the Warp are different now: things like, tradition, stagnancy, despair and such were now....not important. The Warp is also clearer and you estimate that people can travel through it faster now. There was no Chaos God to enforce people maintaining such ideas as things to uphold. Change has grown stronger-Tzeentch was filling in where Nurgle used to control things, you can sense examples all across the Imperium....

Imperium: Change
    Somewhere in an Administratum building, adepts used to following tradition mindlessly now suddenly start getting new ideas. Ideas of how to speed up their work, how to organize better, make things more efficient, that sort of thing. As if a new voice was speaking to them now. A voice telling them to change...

Somewhere on some Forge World, tech priests that had maintained the same traditions for millennia, the same designs now suddenly started getting ideas on how to experiment, things they could innovate, knowledge they could discover, their curiosity now being stronger.

A Space marine chapter that has maintained the same tactics all its life now consider improvisations and deviations from the Codex Astartes to adapt to the situation on the battlefield they were on.

A rebel group on a Imperial world far from Terra suddenly starts getting new ideas on how they can defy the Emperor, how they can take their freedom, kill the governor and so on. They take the light of the Emperor dimming as a sign of hope for freedom.

Some Magos Biologis now suddenly get new ideas of what they can do with biology, after all did they really need that rule against altering the human form? Imagine the possibilities of what could be done!

A priest of the Imperial Cult suddenly realizes that all the injustices of the Ecclesiarchy he saw....he could do something about more than that, he saw new potential ways of looking at worship of the Emperor, knew ways to honor his divinity, he goes off to start writing, so he has something to nail against their doors.

Merchants, nobles and such once content with the positions they have, now have ideas to start scheming for higher positions, greater power, their ambition growing.

A human frontier world, starts accepting the rulership of the Tau quicker and more readily as the question the value of their imperial traditions.

Some Tzeentch cults meanwhile take the opportunity to eliminate and gun down nearby Nurgle cults caught in distress at their god suddenly no longer answering them. To wipe out Nurgle's cult entirely will still take a while, but....their death is pretty much certain, its only a matter of time.

Meanwhile, The Death Guard:
    Typhus, (Former?) Herald of Nurgle observes the Death Guard and Nurgle cultists on Plague Planet (yes that is its actual name) in the Eye of Terror. The Plague Marines were still mutated from Nurgle's touch but they could no longer feel his presence or hear Nurgle's voice. They were no longer sure what to do. They weren't PANICKING per se, Space Marines don't panic, they don't fear, they have been modified to not have such weak mortal emotions. But they weren't sure what their mission was anymore. They needed direction. They needed a leader, and Typhus, most devoted champion of Nurgle stepped up.
    "Alright, I know we no longer hear Grandfather Nurgle's pestilent sermons. I know there is some.....disruption in the Immaterium. You might even think that the Plaguefather has left us. But I, Typhus, Herald of Nurgle, speak to you now to have faith! Faith in Nurgle even in these trying times. I say to you: Is Nurgle not the God of both Decay and Rebirth? Does not new life spring from what his touch decays to nothing? Is he not, the god of the cycle, the god that allows us to overcome death by accepting it? Weep not for Nurgle! With enough faith, he can be reborn! All we have to do, is to worship him harder! To enact even greater rituals to form him again from our despairing, decaying love! Furthermore, is it not, our duty to seek revenge upon those who have killed our Plaguefather? To destroy who could commit such as sin upon us and Grandfather Nurgle, to whom we hold our faith? We most hold to our faith, to our love for Nurgle, or we will die against the depredations of Tzeentch! Nurgle is alive!"
    A mortal cultist says "but...but he's dea-" Typhus shoots him. BLAM!
    "Heresy! Nurgle is Alive! Come on, let me hear you all say it! NURGLE IS ALIVE!"
    "NURGLE IS ALIVE!" They all call back
    "I can't hear you! WHO LIVES!?"
    "NURGLE LIVES!!! NURGLE LIVES!!! NURGLE LIVES!!! NURGLE LIVES!!! NURGLE LIVES!!! NURGLE LIVES!!! NURGLE LIVES!!!" They roar seven times, his sacred number.
    "WHAT DO WE FIGHT FOR!?"
    "FOR NURGLE! FOR THE PLAGUEFATHER!"

They keep chanting slogans like this, beating any doubts they have into the back of their mind into the depths of their souls through force, committing mental violence upon themselves so that they may keep going without changing, forcing themselves to believe, forcing themselves to have faith because everyone else does. Just like the Imperium they so despise and fight against. After why change when you can choose to reject another's reality to substitute one's own?
    "But fear not my brothers! We will not do this alone! We will travel to speak to Daemon Primarch Mortarian, so that the Death Guard may be united as one legion once again! Then we will launch a Green Crusade in vengeance upon the Imperium, and with the sacrifices of all nonbelievers, will be the heralds of Nurgle's rebirth! NURGLE WILL BE REBORN, BECAUSE NURGLE LIVES!"
    They roar and cheer, not knowing whether this will work, but having faith that it will, because to them, it must.

4. - Top - End - #274

"Absorbing Nurgle wasn't the goal, it's just what happened when he cut his connection. If it worked he would have been completely purified and turned into a White Light construct. Also, I have a perk that explicitly protects from the kind of problems that would come from absorbing something like one of the Chaos Gods, among other things. Also, and I apologize if I misunderstood you, but at the time I was under the impression that you intended to subvert them into your own soul structure which is just sort of a bad idea in general, while here Nurgle just... Doesn't exist anymore. I don't have Nurgle in me, I basically just sucked up an energy field so none of the consequences I was afraid of. Had it worked as intended, it would have inverted Nurgle from a being of corruption and stagnation to one of healing and stability which also would have counteracted the concerns about corruption."

"I suppose if you were to be reductionist you could say that it's okay because I was the one doing it, but it's ignoring some context."

"Also, like... We were drastically outnumbered and I almost got overwhelmed and killed and like... I didn't have a proper Secondary Mutation for a full forty years in a Zombie Ridden Hellhole. I was harassed on the regular by Thanoseid, I was directly exposed to fragments of the Anti-Life Equation, My Gods abandoned my people to die, I fought evil, cannibalistic mockeries of the greatest heroes of my world each empowered with a full fifth of Galactiac's cosmic power... I never came as close to death as I did fighting that fat ****'s mooks."

"There were too many to kill. Too many to purge. Too many to exorcise."

"Forgive me for taking the only winning shot I could think of after everything else I tried wasn't working."

Once she's sure that the Warp isn't going to fly back into the same level of heightened instability as just after Nurgle's death she declares.

"Okay, I think I've got it... Can someone check if the Astronomicon is visible from here?"

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Ensara:
    Two souls within her within felt angry at Alex. One, Zinara thought she had been called weak, another, her red mana soul was was angry that she dared to presume she was an authority over her, but the blue mana spirit within used logic and calmly pointed out to read her using socialize techniques. Ensara does, combined with Seeing Into the Darkness perk to be an excellent judge of character, reads that Alex intended no offense by that sort of logic. Even if she privately, irrationally wished she was treated more as an equal than another person that Alex had to shield.
    "Okay....fine. I'll get stronger. However, I can't read your mind, Alex. With that infinite willpower perk you have, I probably never WILL. The best I can is super-social read you using Socialize techniques, if I remember they exist while doing other things. Maybe we should spend less time deciding where to go as a group and more time coordinating what to do when we actually get there? But y'know what, activate perk: Amorality."
    Suddenly her expression turns....neutral. Amorality was a little perk that allowed her to discard morality or immorality at will to make any decision that would otherwise be considered foolish or difficult.
    "There. now I don't care about the morality of your action. Don't worry, I'll reactivate my morality when innocents need to be saved. Lets just get to Cegorach so we get Isha to safety."
    Ensara will go over to the controls, figure out how it works with her brilliant mind and punch in the coordinates herself to the Black Library herself if she has to and if everyone is ready to go.

Astropath Xiao reports
    "Nope, the Astronomicon is still dim. I think the Emperor himself did a thing with that wave of light to stop or contain the fallout, hopefully he'll just need to recover awhile? Maybe? We don't really know, we're just kind of assuming on faith here."
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-06-29 at 02:00 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276

"Okay, well... The Warp is basically as calm as it gets... I'll check it again once we get back from dropping off Isha but if the light doesn't come back on within a few days I might have to make contact with the Emporer himself."

She takes off the Cerebro, if Frode doesn't take it back she'll warehouse it later.

"Okay, let's—"

"Alex? Where ya been? What's goin' on, everyone's losing their heads."

Molly and Rose have turned up where all the people are.

"It's uh. Got called away to fix a problem, killed a god. Gotta drop off another one."

"C-can we? It's... It's not like we can get back into the Warehouse when you're not here."

"Uh... Someone refresh my memory, What's the Black Library like again? Is it... safe?"

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Isha:
    She will assure Alex:
    "Don't worry, he hasn't seen any Eldar God in ten thousand years, he'll be too focused on me. I'll make sure Cegorach behaves....and it should be safe.....as long as your careful about which books you open, but thats probably as easy not going into the forbidden section, thats probably where all cognitohazards are. They probably have Anti-Chaos measures and your not Chaos so....I think we'll be fine."

Black Library:
    You arrive the Black Library, as you and Isha come walking out, you behold: a Craftworld, one that is pure black in color, all around it is the Webway, strange dimensional walls extend into the distance. You are standing upon the edge of the Craftworld, before you are double-doors protected by a (by this universes standards) a near-impenetrable psychic barrier, and two Guardian-Scribes standing guard. They notice you automatically
    "What're you mon'keigh....doing....here.." They trail off as they realize who is with you ".....By the Pantheon....is...that Mother Isha!?"
    Suddenly they kneel down in worship, having a sudden religious moment
    "Mother Isha! We did not realize it was your entourage! Please forgive us. We are only humbly eternally grateful that you are safe and out of the clutches of Chaos. This...is a joyous day."
    He then clasps his hands together in prayer
    "Great Harlequin, there is joyous news. Isha has returned! Please, come at once!"
    Then suddenly Cegorach appears in a shower of confetti and a sound of clown honks, a great big thing clown jester, dressed in motley, speaking in a voice much like the Jokers
    "Now, now! This better not be a joke! because if it is, its in incredibly poor tas-oof!"
    Suddenly Isha is hugging him, and crying. He freezes for a moment, taking a second to comprehend it.
    "I'm....back.....Cegorach....these humans....they saved me from Nurgle....."
    He pats her back in a "there, there" motion, clearly not sure how to handle this.
    "Hey now, don't hug so tight, I'm not a doll or anything! Heheheh. But....I'm....glad your back."
    They part
    "I'm glad that someone else survived from that.....horrible day."
    "Bit of a cruel absurd joke who did though. The Wife of the god of the Hunt whose best known for crying, Shards of the Bloody-handed God of Murder, and the god of JESTERS of all people! No wonder the Eldar Race is dying, the only god they've had is ME for ten millennia!"
    "Sigh....humor still black as ever, Cegorach??"
    "Hey, who can blame me, the past ten thousand years have been GARBAGE! Just complete and utter groxdung! Thankfully the Imperium has proven a great subject for comedy these past ten thousand years, am I right everyone!? Never run out of material with screw ups like them! But sadly I have to focus on a different subject of jokes right now, Isha who are these rescuers here? come introduce me, I need to thank them by mocking them."
    "I don't think thats a good idea?"
    "oh Isha! Of course it didn't, but I'm the Laughing God, so of course I'm only made of bad ideas, it only stands to reason."
    So as Isha goes around introducing you, Cegorach will attempt to mock you:
    "This is Frode, my impression is that he is quite the genius and very considerate of peoples lives!"
    "NEEERRRRRRD!!"
    "This is Alexandra, she's the one who killed Nurgle and is something called a White Lantern?"
    "Where you from, one of those stupid animes with 1000-year olds who look like little girls? Also watch out, I hear lanterns attract moths"
    Cegorach snaps his fingers and Illusory moths will appear around Alex flitting about as if she was an actual lantern.
    "This Edward Sinton, who unlocked my cage"
    "What did you also take her luggage?"
    "This is Ensara, she slew four Great Unclean ones with her bare hands"
    "Ah yes, because we all know Nurgle demons greatest weaknesses: bear hands!"
    Cegorach snaps his fingers again and Ensara suddenly finds bear claw gauntlets on both her hands.
    "And this Kaerabryn, here to be the Eldar diplomat" Isha says as Kaerabrynn babbles on at meeting both Isha and Cegorach on the same day with shining eyes.
    "Oh me, looks like even in the grim darkness of the 41st Millennium you cannot escape fan girls"
    "Hey!" Kaerabrynn calls out, Cegorach only sniggers and turns to Ensara who takes off the bear gauntlets
    "But, jokes aside, I truly am thankful you rescued Isha. I was planning on launching my own rescue operation with my Harlequins, but it kept getting delayed due to....other crises the Eldar had to deal with. I am unclear why did you all this though."
    "We....kind of did all this to meet you and get into the Black Library so we can get access?" she explains "Rescuing Isha is to prove our good intentions."
    At this Cegorach erupts into uproarious laughter.
    "AH.....AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!! You did all this just to get an audience with lil' ol ME!? And read this big ol' Library!? After doing something I haven't been able to get around to, for ten thousand years and killing Nurgle to boot, something that no one has EVER been able to do before!? Thats HILARIOUS! Kinda overachievin' there, aren't ya? You didn't need to do all that, we've let in worse people for less. Not many but.....well.....forget it. Isha's back, so.....I won't mock you TOO much for going above and beyond like this, but Eldar lives are precious, you could've gotten my attention by just saving some of them or something."
    Suddenly he takes out what looks like a gift wrapped present
    "In an unrelated note, this present I found has the tag "TO THE JUMPERS" on it, whoever they are. Ah well, I'll just randomly give it you four god-killing schmucks, I'm sure you'll get it to them, wherever they are."
    He hands Ensara the present with a wink and it disappears as soon as she touches it. Suddenly all four Jumpers receive a strange...gamer-like message in their vision from the Process:
    Spoiler
    Show

CONGRATULATIONS!
    From the patrons of this Jump! By reaching upon the milestone of "SAVING ISHA" that you agreed upon, you have earned:

x1: Achievement Token.

for each of you, to be spent at the newly built Perk Shop, an experimental way of buying perks during a Jump instead of before it for maybe this Jump only. Whether you use them at all is up to you. Think about the rules for details:
    Spoiler: Rules of Perk Shop:
    Show

The Perk Shop, will have a few “tabs” or options to pick whether to purchase things from. For simplicity's sake, all perks will be purchasable through Achievement Tokens, abbreviated as AT

For every milestone you get 1 AT.

You may also get special rewards for certain actions or achievements. They may be refused to get 1 AT instead.

Jumps you can purchase perks from:
    Any perk from the Generic Warhammer 40k Jump for 1 AT
    Any perk from a jump you have previously been to for 1 AT
    Any perk from any Jump that is neither of the above for 2 AT
    Certain custom or generic Perks for 1 AT.
    A pool of “Just For Fun” perks that can be purchased from at 1AT or even free, the “Just For Fun” aspect defined as anything that while not having any practical effect or ability to make you more powerful, does make things more fun.

Optionally you can choose to gain 200cp per milestone, The doubled cost still applies for CP when taking any perk from any Jump outside the ones specified however.

Certain Jumps and perks have been disallowed from being chosen through this shop because of fourth-dimensional warp shenanigans that are not relevant.

You feel like as if you can mentally access any of these jumps or tabs as mental pages much like this one to spent the one token.

"Wait but how did you know about the perk shop and such? That we'd come here and...."
    "Know what?" Cegorach says with a trollish grin
    "Your not that ignorant or stupid."
    "Correct, but you can't prove that I am!"

8. - Top - End - #278

Alex let her girls come, since Rose asked and Isha said it'd be safe.

This may have been a mistake: Molly, dressed as she is n a jester-like outfit herself, is somewhat intrigued by the god of Harlequins... Until she hears his 'Joker-like' voice.

At first she gets angry, her eyes glowing pink... But then common sense seeps in and the rage calms to be replaced with fear.

She's very clearly trying to hide behind.

Alex, meanwhile, responds to the God's mockery in turn: "That depends, are you from one of those tabletop war games that started as satire but after a while the new writers started missing the joke?"

Alex noted Molly's reaction but also knows not to draw attention to it.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Nerd? This coming from a guy who talks to boxes?" Frode echoed, still in TARDIS form. Then, once everyone was clear, he simply... shifted, flowing from TARDIS directly to human without the illusion he usually employed to keep people from commenting. It looked oddly like a bad 90s morph effect, except real.

Frode's eyebrows climbed when he noticed Molly and Rose, although he was careful not to draw attention to them by looking too openly. He'd been aware of them when they were passengers, but only as two more life forms aboard, as his focus had been primarily on navigating to the hidden Black Library.

Then he realized that Molly was frightened of Cegorach, and decided to subtly intervene, or at least make sure Cegorach's attention was diverted. He raised a hand in an apparently idle gesture, and metal flowed once again, forming into... something that looked oddly like a classic Looney Tunes box set, positioned so that if Cegorach looked at it, he'd have his back almost perfectly to Molly.

"You think a jester cannot defend his people? A gift from old Earth, for the clown prince of the Eldar." Frode said, floating the object to Cegorach. "Also hopefully some new material." he added in a not-quite undertone, very clearly intending Cegorach to hear the aside.

"Everything on here is probably in the Library someplace, but this way you can watch it in its original format... well, more or less, it's a holographic display. But if you want weaponized comedy, well, the Marx Brothers, Looney Tunes, Animaniacs, Freakazoid, the Three Stooges, Droopy... not too bad a place to start. Plus they're actually funny." he finished with a grin... a grin with an edge of challenge to it.

"Although if you'll forgive my being serious briefly, yes, access to your Library would be greatly useful in our efforts to un-**** this universe."
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

The Black Library:
    Cegorach's voice shifts to not be Joker like, instead sounding more like his TTS counterpart, but doesn't draw attention to it either.
    "Am I? Well I could be. It'd be an cruel absurd joke if that were the case to be sure: The Laughing God apart of a joke that no one gets as people mistake a genocidal empire for utilitarian heroes and mistake atrocity for necessity. But ah, such a thing is open for ridicule in itself!

Like the Imperial Guard! Oh how heroic some people consider them to be, facing the threats of the universe with nothing but their guns and some determination. So heroic they are thrown like disposable mooks at any problem that the Imperium sees as first kneejerk response. I could not possibly imagine any individual sad enough to look at a bunch of military draftees forced to fight and doomed to die for corrupt tyrants and religious zealots and see heroes of the imperium. What "steel balls" they have to die in droves because of some evil empire's propaganda!

Nor can I imagine the sad individuals who'd care so much about something like the Space Marines to buy so much stuff about them. I guess they'd just like being boring or something, when they're not denying reason for female ones to exist when there is no reason why they can't, if any of them existed. Surely it has nothing to do with some weird obsession with some ideal of masculinity involving being a big beefy strongman who crushes anyone in their way, gunning down anyone who isn't indoctrinated to see some golden ******* as their leader and that this doesn't say anything about such individuals at all!

and of course who can forget the Primarchs? Trendy to talk about them it seems. I'm sure they'll never come back though."

He looks meaningfully off in some random direction.
    "Never come back. At all. Its not as if their existence warps everything into being some weird space-age soap opera or whatever, making people forget about other parts of the world or anything. Though if they do come back, I personally look forward to the return to Horus and Konrad Curze. Being wiped out of existence forever and definitely for real killed are tough spots to get out of, but I'm sure they'll manage it somehow! I'm sure whatever comic book supervillain return they have will be well-written and respectful and not enrage anybody and that things won't devolve into full on weird grimdark superhero silliness.

As for any hypothetical people who like Orks, I'm sure they'd just be fun loving and cool. I'd certainly love to have an army of Orks myself, clown on everyone who I'd play against. Shame about the Orks being a true threat to other species because they love war though! Not sure how you make peace with what is essentially a species of funny fungus bio-engineered by ancient aliens to be warriors to fight the Necrons and now just fight everything forever though! I'll be sad if they go, they cause so much hilarity with their antics.

And of course, I can't think of any sad individuals who'd feel threatened by the Tau of all people being anywhere close to good at all, and decide to complain about them so that they look worse so that the Imperium looks better or something. Or try to convince people they are bad just because they don't fight in melee, can't imagine anyone being so ridiculous as to complain about someone fighting smart like that. Or turn around and idolize the Imperial Guard for being little different in their tactics from the Tau when you think about it, just more ham-fisted and with higher casualty rates. Almost as if they can't handle humans not being the undisputed good guys in a sci-fi setting for once!

....Is what I would say, if I was from such a thing in this totally hypothetical scenario. I don't actually know."

He claims. Ensara eyes him.
    "Thats.....awfully specific for someone who doesn't know."
    "It certainly is!"
    "One would even say its meta."
    "I'm a connoisseur of many types of humor. Don't think about it too much."
    Ensara shrugs at this and says
    "Oh well. Whatever. I've got a perk to get."
    She goes to the "Previous Jumps" tab of her perk shop access and selects "Jumper Hero Style", spending the one Achievement token immediately.
    "Yes....now I can learn Sidereal Martial Arts!....and any other martial arts I'll ever find, without any weird requirements to do so. I know what I'll be doing whenever I get some downtime. You have no idea what'll be able to do with the new techniques I'll be able to do, Sidereal Martial Arts get WHACKY."

Edit:
    He will accept the gift from Frode
    "I call them as I see them, but since the Adeptus Mechanicus talk to boxes a lot, I guess you have me there. As for the Library....you can go on in, there is just an automatic security measure to make sure only non-Chaos types can get in, as in people who've mastered the chaos within themselves. Basically if your weak and corruptible, it won't let you in, The Library defends itself in that manner I can't really do anything about that. Don't worry, the Illuminati are humans and they go in."
    "Wait....the Illuminati? Seriously?"
    "Yes. They are a bunch of Inquisitors with a lot of knowledge and influence, very secretive. we allow them to use the Library to fight against Chaos. Very exclusive. If you killed Nurgle, I doubt you'll have trouble going in."

Meanwhile: Mortarion and Typhus
    Typhus travels through Mortarion's forttress, like everything else the closest recreation Mortarion could get of his home planet, Barbarus. Typhus walks before Mortarion, standing before the Primarch on his his throne, an image of the warlords he once fought against back on Barbarus. Mortarion considers Typhus and asks
    "Why.....are you here?"
    "Primarch Mortarion, we know you largely shut yourself off from galactic affairs but.....we need you now, more than ever. Our pestilent Plaguefather, Nurgle has been....slain by someone. We don't know who, but we assume the Imperium somehow did it- perhaps a loyalist Primarch is still alive? Who else would destroy such a beautifully filthy being as the Plaguefather? So we are going to go on a Green Crusade, manufacturing what diseases we can to sacrifice people in Chaos rituals to resurrect Nurgle, perhaps drawing out the killer so we may take our vengeance, and offer them as a sacrifice, so that Nurgle may once again rise from the ashes! As our Primarch, we hope you can join us in this joyous undertaking in our time of need so that the world may once again, know the joy Nurgle brings to everyone! What say you?"
    He listens through all of this.....then begins laughing. Spitefully.
    "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!! You are a fool, Typhus! Do you not remember when you betrayed me? All the way back during the Horus Heresy? How you made me watch my sons suffer from Nurgle's plagues until I gave in!? Until I broke? How you made me into something I HATE? I just wanted to be the mightiest, because might makes right and make sure stupid WITCHES didn't screw up everything! But you....you made me weak. You made my entire legion weak by giving in to Nurgle. And for the longest time....I used the powers of a deity I hated. But now....Nurgle's dead. I no longer need to worship him. How could I ever be truly loyal, to a being that made me loyal through coercion and duress? I am truly free now! Which means I can now worship the Chaos God that I should've from the start! I, MORTARION, DAEMON PRIMARCH OF THE DEATH GUARD PLEDGE MYSELF TO KHORNE!! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!"
    Typhus is horrified as Mortarion's armor, and moth wings and scythe begin to bleed and turn red, red eyes being added to his face as the rotten skin begins to be replaced with muscles and spikes. The red psychic energy begins to flow outwards from Mortarion, slowly.
    "....What...Primarch! You....you betrayed us! Why!?"
    "I am no longer Nurgle's puppet! I can focus on what I've truly wanted all along: to become strong, to destroy all psykers in the Imperium! A goal that Khorne and I agree upon! As for you.....your a fool worshipping a dead god, and you will inevitably fail. Begone from my planet you traitor before I kill you myself. It is no longer Plague Planet but.....Blood Planet! In honor of my new cause. Any Death Guard that wish to continue following me, pledge yourself to Khorne! As for you Typhus.... I'll give you a few minutes head start to go upon your doomed quest.....before the bloodshed begins."
    Typhus quickly leaves.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-06-29 at 07:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281

Alex mentally tabs over to previous jumps and buys a second instance of "Enlightenment." She already has Green Enlightenment but that's only going to help her get so far now that her power have evolved and expanded into the White Light, so now she needs White Enlightenment.

Her perspective adjusts slightly as true understanding of how Existential Joy enters her life and she becomes aware of everything that brings her Joy, but then it passes.

She'll pick up the other colors later.

"Girls? I may need to mind-link with you to share my protection against corruption if you want to come in with us... Molly, I know you don't care for that but..."

"...It's fine. I trust ya as long as... Don't go lookin' for anything."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #282

"The Illuminati? Oi. They've been wankers in every reality I've encountered a variant of them. Oh well." Frode commented.

He mentally acknowledged the 'gameified' message, and flicked through it briefly, landing on the "Watchmaker" perk. Being able to simply turn off Warp nonsense would likely be rather useful. Before moving on, however, he made sure to tag Ensara, Alexandra, and Edward as being exempt from its effects; shutting off his allies' magic wasn't something he wanted to do. After a moment's thought, he willed the perk to be dormant for the time being; going into a quasi-mystical Warpy-nonsense library was probably not the best time for all magic in the vicinity to be shut down.

With that settled, Frode prepared to move into the Library, already formulating what he wanted to look up first.
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

Entering the Black Library

"I've not encountered the Illuminati before, maybe one of you guys can shed some light on your experiences with them." Edward's smile suggests that the pun there is very much intended.

He also closes his eyes and accesses the perk shop, rereading the item description of his metal vial before trading in his Misting perk and the achievement point for the Mistborn one. "I should have enough copper in here for two hours; that should protect me from mental influence." Edward says, before taking a vial from his pocket and downing it. He smiles as he feels the comfortable weight in his belly of his metal reserves, the tin he's long used joined by seven others. He'll burn a bit of all the metals, just whilst he figures out which one is which; tin he knows, and pewter feels similar as the paired alloy, but iron and steel, copper and bronze, brass and zinc all require some experimentation to figure out.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

14. - Top - End - #284

"Honestly, as far as the Illuminati go, you're not missing much having not met them. The name typically means 'illuminated ones', and generally speaking, they're rich, powerful, secretive, and have an overwhelmingly high opinion of their own intelligence. Even in the most benevolent form that I've encountered, they had a nasty tendency to do horrific things for 'our own good' or 'the good of the many'."

Frode shrugged. "You know. Wankers." he finished.

He glanced back at Cegorach. "Oi, Sheogorath! Does this big library of yours have a card catalogue or some such? How do we find out what we want to know? Or is it some mystic nonsense about 'the correct knowledge will find us' or something of that nature?"
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-07-11 at 03:33 AM.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

The Black Library:
    I will assume you go into the Library. You all fought Actual Chaos and won so you pass through the forcefield and defenses that scan whether your mind is orderly enough to not be chaotic and let you in. Especially Alex, given when her infinite willpower. the two Eldar gods will say goodbye-for now.
    "Sorry to cut our meeting short, but now that Isha is here, we need to start working out some plans....on a lot of things. Worry not, we won't forget what you've done for us and the Eldar species. Your not all bad- even if you cheat by being from another reality! Hahaha!"
    "Rest assured, you will not regret saving me Jumpers. I see the.....horrible state this galaxy in and wish to do everything I can to fix it. This galaxy needs someone to remind people what compassion is, its true value to people and thus the value of each other. The issues it has cannot be solved by ignoring other beings plights or limiting ourselves to one's own problems- The goddess I am means I can't fight directly, but I can support people in other ways. I will make this galaxy a better place- however I can." she promises.

A Solitaire Scribe-Guardian will accompany you as a guide.
    "....Wait" says Ensara "Are you a blank?"
    "That is the mon-human term for it yes? As a Solitaire, I am particularly doomed to be claimed by She who Thirsts upon death, only a gambit by Cegorach will save me."
    "That.....that sucks man."
    "Yes....yes it does."
    "Wait if you have no soul because your a Blank, how is your soul doomed to be taken by her?"
    "Doesn't work like that. Necrons are the real soulless beings. We just kind of.....have an anti-soul. Anyways, I am here to be your guide. The Black Library is intentionally labyrinthine. There is much knowledge on Chaos and the Immaterium here, but what you might find of particular relevance is the Book of Rhana Dandra, the Eldar Book of Fate that tells of our god Cegorach's Final Act to trick Slaanesh into saving our species instead of dooming it. Though given your....effect upon the galaxy, I'd wager different prophecies might be relevant to you. The tides of destiny are ever shifting, or so farseers have told me, as the new prophecy of Ynnead's birth to defeat She Who Thirsts has been gaining ground. If however, you desire other knowledge, you need only ask to see it."
    "I'd be interested in figuring out occult circles for binding Daemons."
    "Why?"
    "You know the big warp storm fallout that happened because Nurgle died?"
    "We had readings of something like that, yes."
    "Yeah, I'm thinking if I figure out some proper occult circle bindings to keep a Daemon contained or something, I can figure out a ritual to make sure the fallout of a Chaos God dying can't happen again as long as the ritual is done properly."
    "You really think you can do it?"
    "I'm a planeswalker and Adamant Circle Sorcerer. Give me enough time I can do sorcerous workings to alter the very laws of reality in subtle ways! Making sure some spirit doesn't cause destruction by dying is simple compared to that."
    "Very well, if your confident. What about the rest of you? Anything specific you want to see? If you have no idea what to look for, I can just guide you to the Book of Rhana Dandra, its prophecies can be good jumping off points to investigate other things."

16. - Top - End - #286

Frode frowned at the whole 'soul-being-eaten' bit. "Well, Nurgle is dead already. If things go right, then the rest of the Chaos nuisances are going to join him." he told the Solitaire. "I have a few plans already, but if all else fails, we'll see how the thirsty ***** likes being repeatedly stomped on by an extradimensional robot the size of Jupiter."

He waved a hand and gave a wry smile. "And yes, I know full well that's not likely to be a long-term solution, but at the very least it will be cathartic. And it should distract her for the duration of the stomping, anyways. As to what knowledge I'd like... everything you have on the most powerful psychic and anti-chaos wards possible, and also what material the walls of the Webway are made of, along with any other psychic-dampening or -blocking materials that may exist. In an electronic or similar format if possible, please."

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

17. - Top - End - #287

"You know... Now that I have the White Light... I might be able to derive the Life Equation. MAthmatic Proof that even though life has no point and that to live is to suffer, it's still a beautiful thing worth experiencing. The kind of cosmic math that can restore free will to an empty shell and convince an evil person to become good... Or drive them insane if they're literally incapable... If I can derive it and integrate it, at least in part, I might be able to... reprogram Khorne, Slanesh, and Tzneetch... Of course, in the specific variation of DC that was part of my Amalgamation learning and Integrating the Life Equation is the kind of thing that can turn a Mortal into a New God which means... You think healing Robot Girlyman so he can start Un****ing the Empire early would get us another one of those bennies? Or would I need to like, weld the Emporer's broken soul and psyche back together? Gonna need a specific perk to make sure I don't mind**** myself into becoming the New God of Mathematical Proof of Life's Value and nothing else."

"So I know we're fictional in yer original reality but it's really uncomfortable when ya talk casually about it."

"...I've been meaning to ask... Could you have gotten in early enough to kill the man my parents sold me to? Stop all that from happening to me?"

"...Yes. And trust me, if I knew this was real I would have. The last thing I wanted is for either of you to have suffered."

...Alex isn't saying something but the girls don't seem to pic up.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Orc in the Playground

"Cegorath isn't Sheogorath. No mentions of cheese, no beard, and we aren't trying to cure insanity from the inside." Yes, Edward has met Sheogorath. And most of the other Daedric princes, he just didn't keep the artefacts. He didn't know what might happen to the princes if elements of their power had been taken away to another world, and what long-term effects that might have on Tamriel. Although Mehrune's Razor was dangerous enough that he decided he didn't want it where just anyone could find it, and given how useful it's been since, he's glad about that.

"I'm interested in abjuration and banishing, ways to interfere with psykers and daemons for those without their own psychic gifts. Books if possible, I find them easier to refer back to. Although... I don't suppose you have the STC template for hydroponics in here, do you? I have no idea how the Imperium makes it profitable to ship food between star systems, but proper hydroponics might help there." Although that might also not be something the eldar would willingly share, and given it's not directly related to Chaos or the Warp it might be absent anyway.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

To Edward:
    "Lets see....abjuration and banishing without being a psyker... I think we have something like that. We also do have some manuals to safely train humans to do such warp exorcisms as a sorcerer without being a psyker, so we could probably use those...."
    "Wait why do you have that?" Ensara asks
    "It was apart of this scheme to try and socially engineer the Imperium to train their psykers better from the shadows without them knowing thousands of years ago. They already have a system of gathering psykers so we figured why not figure out a way to make them focus more on Daemon-banishing and the like and maybe break down the prejudice between normal humans and psykers by manipulating them from the shadows to see that all humans have the potential to do this and they're slowly evolving to become all-psychic race like us anyways, but the Architect of Fate ran a counter-plot to foil us by corrupting the tomes so they would expose them to Chaos, thus causing only more chaos uprisings. The Black Library is the archive designed to be untouched by Chaos's influence though so you don't have to worry about that.

As for hydroponics well..."
    "I already made hydroponics on our ship, and have been teleporting around stealing food from nobles hoarding food on various Imperium planets to stock us until the plants are fully work. I have chronomancy, I can speed up the time it takes for them to grow. That and I'm pretty sure Frode has technology to take care of that even better than I."
    "Oh well, its just as well then. while the Black Library is a Craftworld to, and thus is the size of a planet and has an entire continent devoted to an arcology that sustains us. Couldn't remain hidden if we had to rely upon outside supply chains after all. The problem is, our arcology is for Eldar biology and thus replicating the conditions of the long-lost Eldar homeworld of Vespid, of which only legends are known of now. An Eldar biology is fundamentally different from human biology- we have a quintuple helix structure as opposed to your double and twenty chemical bases to your four chemical bases, and thus our plants and animals are made up of complex chemicals that, we are not sure what their effects on humans would be? But given biochemical barriers we would not wager it would be good. Our arcology knowledge might work, but it'd need adapting to human environments. And probably miniaturization, as the Imperium doesn't have a proper technological base to build something like the Craftworlds. To state the Imperium is technologically backwards is not insult but mere statement of fact."
    "That and I'm pretty sure the Adeptus Mechanicus already HAS hydroponics, they're just considered rare and precious and thus not shared or spread because individual tech priests are hoarding technophiles like that." Ensara says "I've talked with Iota a bit, he talked about all sorts of gadgets the tech priests don't share with the wider Imperium but use themselves just fine that are more advanced than hydroponics. The same systems that the Imperium uses to keep people safe from dangerous technology and chaos artifacts is also abused to keep actually beneficial things out of their hands."

The Guide....leads you to certain places and hands you these:
    -To Edward he is given a scroll called "The Rite of Banishment" where it teaches you how a non-psyker can draw various holy symbols in a circle in 10 meter radius to either keep out the demon from the circle or keep them in but takes about 15 seconds to make it. Another scroll details how some humans with enough faith in something can just somehow anoint a weapon as holy to slay a particular demon that it has a history with. Another scroll details how Grey Knights space marines rename themselves particular names to turn a particular Daemon's true name back upon themselves, and in general knowing a Daemon's true name grants great power over them.

To Frode:
    "Anti-psychic and chaos wards and material....yes.....yes...I'm pretty sure we have things for those. We have an electronic section yes, much of our time here is spent scribing important documents into multiple formats so they can be preserved in multiple ways for multiple schemes. As for Webway.....when did build the Webway?"
    He turns and walks to another Solitaire whom he seems to know.
    "Hey your the more knowledgeable than me, when did we build the Webway? The humans who killed Nurgle want to know to build it."
    "We didn't. The Old Ones made it, long before us. Throughout our 65 million year existence, we're basically just people who kind of....inherited it from the Old One's teaching us how to use it, there was a time period in the Eldar Empire which we built and expanded upon the original network that the Old One's built, but much of that knowledge is lost, though some of the ability to repair it is retained in this library though. Some. We don't really have the infrastructure or the time to start a massive rebuilding project to relearn either.

As for building it well....the humans themselves hate us, their first response to us likely being to shoot at us to kill us in xenophobia so they can have it all for themselves. Why should we share such knowledge when it could put us at risk of being killed by the Imperium?"
    Ensara will speak up, her demigod level persuasion skills powered by her Essence kicking in
    "Allow me to handle the unfortunate xenophobia of the Imperium. I am against prejudice in all its forms, as prejudice and hatred are just another chain holding one back from freedom."
    "But....how is not destroying your foes freedom?"
    "Why, because it binds you to only thinking of them as foes! You right now, only think of us as allies of convenience and thus imprisoned by that viewpoint. Just as the Imperium is imprisoned by their xenophobic views. Freedom is not what you can choose, but what viewpoints you can choose from! Thus take the viewpoint, that freedom is not just freedom individually, but imagine that freedom from tyranny, war, suffering, hatred of others-is all the same freedom! Peace is freedom from war, for tyrannies seek war for power and thus tyranny and war are interconnected and thus freedom and peace are connected to each other and oppose them. Thus think not of the Imperium as enemies- but as people who have to realize that they can be allies, that they can be better. People who have yet to realize that there is a better way. This galaxy is dominated by fatalistic, cynical, pessimistic, untrusting, hateful viewpoints and perceptions of themselves and others- imprisoned by mindsets of their own making. You right now can break free by giving Frode access such information that can better the galaxy- worry not. I can vouch for him! I'm an excellent judge of character and he would not want humans to wipe you out."
    "....You really think you can free the Imperium, no this ENTIRE galaxy from xenophobia, hatred and tyranny?"
    "I can try! That and the more I spread my new viewpoint....the people who know it can spread it to others, no? Like you and everyone who just heard me. You have the power to take your freedom into your own hands to change things for the better, if your just willing to do it, to pass it along. I never said that I could do it alone, but if I convince enough people to start a snowball effect...well..."
    ".....Huh y'know....I actually believe you. Weird. You get access. I hope I don't regret this."
    "Thank you."
    She turns and walks back to the rest with a wicked smile. The Solitaire-Guide comments
    "You persuaded that guy without any psychic power....by Asuryan, I feel convinced that I should start telling people about what you just said. Thats scary."
    "I'm just that convincing! While I like myself martial arts and a good battle, I know that real solutions involve more than that."
    Indeed, other Scribe Guardians around are muttering to themselves, considering her words going "maybe she's right" or "maybe we do need to consider things from more viewpoints..."

-For Frode, he is given electronic documents with instructions on how make Hexagrammic wards which ward against psychic influence, instruction on to make Unguents of Warding which spread upon a piece of armor will allow one to resist fear against daemons and resist psychic attacks for a month before being reapplied, a document detailing observation of a space marine chapter called the Exorcists attaining a high rate of resisting demonic possession by....being possessed by daemons in controlled circumstances then having the daemon cast out by a Daemon Hunter, detailing how this process made them much more effective at killing Daemons, increased combat effectiveness, effectively invisible to warp entities with only extremely powerful daemons to stop them, though this process is dangerous but most space marines who do this get out of it relatively fine. The Grey Knights process of becoming pure and disciplined are better also given but are far more detailed and involved to get into now. There are more advanced psychic and dameon defenses given as well, but they rely on wraithbone to exist and seem to be operated psychically themselves. Finally your given the incomplete information on how the Webway is designed built and so on, all the information the Eldar have, which is a much bigger file than the other stuff, containing construction information on one of the most advanced things ever built in this universe. They even include a document on all the Webway's modern dangers from the ongoing state of eternal war and parts of it being destroyed.

-Ensara is given similar documents for her request and she notices a pattern.
    "This is all Grey Knights, Ordo Malleus and Imperial faith stuff, what about your methods of getting rid of Daemons?"
    "You ask for methods that do not require being a psyker. We are a psychic species, and rely on the Immaterium the most. Therefore all our own methods are own psykers using great amounts of psychic power and discipline to banish them, and the information we have on non-psyker methods are taken from humans fumbling about. It is perhaps ironic that ones most vulnerable to demonic possession are all the ones most capable of banishing daemons. In contrast, the Necrons and C'tan while having technology that doesn't rely on the Immaterium are ironically the most vulnerable to the Warp being used against them, which is how they lost the War in Heaven. We know they are capable of constructing things called Pylons networks to calm the Immaterium, but we would not know how they are made as they are old enemies....for now? I guess? And even much of our technology is made using Wraithbone which we make by using the Immaterium to conjure them from nothing, so the anti-Daemon technology we do have, function on a material that you can't make, so if you want to make those you'd have to get supplied the Wraithbone from the craftworlds and....they are struggling with our own problems and much of the Eldar are just as xenophobic to humans as humans are to us besides."

20. - Top - End - #290

Frode shrugged at Edward. "And I suppose Cegorach doesn't seem quite as desperate as Sheogorath is to be Sean Connery, either. And Ensara is right, I can do hydroponics in a fashion that the Empire could reproduce fairly easily, and all kinds of interesting crops. I think my favourite that I've made so far is the psionically-reactive fruit that alters its flavour profile to match your personal platonic ideal of whatever fruit you think it is. It makes for some wild wine, too."

He inclined his head to the Solitaire that was guiding them. "I am an engineer at heart; if I see something broken, be it a machine or a social system, I want to fix it. Institutional xenophobia is very broken, and I plan on personally punching the Emperor in the head until he knocks it off with the whole 'everything not-human must die' tull. They're not getting any new toys that they could conceivably use to hurt anybody that doesn't deserve it... and 'beings who are different than us' is the opposite of deserving it... until they convince me that they're not going to wage anymore unjust wars with them. No more genocide for them, not with my tech."

Frode accepted the anti-psionics database with a nod and murmur of thanks, then riffled through them psionically, infinite eidetic memory, ability to think at the speed of light, and beyond-omega-level intellect combining to absorb, understand and collate every scrap of information, and a small, slow smile started to spread across his face. "I believe I can work with this. Actually, thinking about it, is there any possibility that I could get about three cubic metres of wraithbone? I believe I could work out how to manipulate a small amount, and that's all I need."

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

The Black Library:
    "Look if you want an example of my god's TRUE humor, simple watch this..."
    The Solitaire Guide pulls out what looks like the Eldar equivalent of a ipad, then shows a video of a troupe small number of Harlequins slaughtering large numbers of chaos cultists on some frontier imperial world in intricate and elaborate ways while seemingly putting an acrobatic performance at the same time, as if you were watching a bunch of super-speed ballerina Jokers perform shakespeare in a foreign language while they fight and throw hallucinogens at their foes, which seems to be fast and ambush like, with constant teleporting, phasing in and out, turning invisible, their snipers and ranged weapon specialists killing enemy commanders right as they make a rallying speech, or scare sappers into their own minefield, but mostly they are melee- a very deadly, artistic melee showcasing their incredible expertise at fighting even as they perform a play while they fight. It is very beautiful yet also very confusing to witness even through a video. Ensara leans over watching as well.
    "Hm, I think if I enhance my.....Ah! These fighting tactics if I'm extrapolating your culture right, are actually a performance, a tale of Cegorach fighting a foe with confusion and deception, probably in reference to some long dead foe as an allegory to your current fight against Chaos. I like how each series of movements are a metaphor for a concept relevant to the fight figuratively while also being practical to fight with! really well done. I can tell these performances as much as to preserve your history through bardic tales as they are to fight. Thus it makes perfect sense why your the ones to preserve and protect the Black Library: your not just jesters and juggalos but bardic preservers of your species culture and history. "
    The Solitaire stares dumbfounded at her.
    "How did...? That was an Eldar audience-focused battle version of that performance, most of the time we have to do non-violent dumbed down versions for humans to even pay attention much less get it."
    "First of all, being able to understand a culture at a glance is a useful skill for a stealthy Exalt like me. Second, I once encountered a Sidereal who was a master of both Swaying Grass Dance and Silver-Voiced Nightingale styles who was sent to kill me after one or two wyld hunts failed, so I had to figure out what was a dance move, a song note an actual dance-attack or sound attack trying to kill me was real quick. Perhaps once I had my fill of learning Sidereal Martial Arts, I'll work on developing a martial art based Harlequin performances just for fun, they already seem pretty leaning heavily towards that anyways.

As for, getting that much Wraithbone, we are already allies of Craftworld Ulthwe, led by Eldrad. I can teleport to him and speak with him about getting it, I'm pretty sure I can work out a deal where I could do some errand for him in exchange for conjuring up enough Wraithbone while you guys deal with something more important."

"It is good that you can, as we Solitaires are anti-psychic in our abilities, and Bonesingers are required to conjure any, which are Seers that specialize in doing so. Anyways, if that is all, shall we go to the end of the library to look upon the prophecies of the Book of Rhana Dandra?"
    "Well you can, but I won't. I've never been one for prophecies, I've got things to do, wraithbone to acquire, martial arts to learn, warp stuff to figure out and I prefer the freedom to do things how I want. That and there are other threats than Chaos that need to be thought about, Alex you don't seem to be interested either, you know you can teleport wherever right? We don't got to be joined at the hip."
    "Wait what about the divination you did to travel to Rhylain and thus Craftworld Ulthwe and thus rescue me in the first place?" asks Kaerabryn
    "I said prefer freedom. Sometimes I need to do things for a clear path to be revealed or direction to be decided, even if I don't prefer it. Anyways, cya later, got things to do, you got a Tardis so....pretty sure you can contact me wherever or whenever I am if you need me."
    Ensara then teleports away to do things.

Meanwhile, Typhus and Abaddon:
    Typhus yells out in the meeting room of Abaddon's fortress
    "What do you MEAN you won't help us!? Abaddon, are you not the leader of Chaos Undivided!?"
    "I Am, Typhus. Which is why I'm not helping you with your little "Green Crusade" as you call it. Chaos changes, shifts and flows. In the Chaos Gods Great Game, you either win or you die. The Imperium is nothing but a sideshow to their machinations against each other. Which means your god, Nurgle's death was his own fault. If he was so weak as to die to die like that, he deserved it. While I?Am looking upon the daemon war, and waiting"
    "Rrgh, Waiting for what?"
    "For the dust to settle. There are a few candidates for a new Chaos God out there that now have a chance to rise to power: Balphomael, Lord of Misrule, Melkirth, Fabius Bile, The Raptor God, Vashtorr, Necoho.....Just to name the known major independent demonic entities. I have even been hearing rumors new minor gods emerging such as the "Four-Armed Emperor" and "Clawed Omnissiah"- names of of beings worshipped by Genestealer cults. Stranger still, rumors of the birth of a minor god of xeno's vengeance against humanity. There is no shortage of potential new Chaos Gods, and who knows? Perhaps they will bring something new to the table that Nurgle wasn't able to provide

And all that pales in comparison to a name only whispered: Malice."

A chill suddenly falls across Typhus's spine.
    "No....no. Not that being. You can't seriously be thinking of working with Malice! He's the Outcast! The Renegade God! It seeks the destruction of both Imperium AND Chaos! It hates everything including himself! No one will win!"
    "And its growing stronger with Nurgle's death. The more Chaos dies, the more Chaos lives. If Malice wins the warring between the Daemons, carving out his own realm ....they might be our fourth Chaos God to take Nurgle's place. I'll have no choice but to work with him as the Warmaster of the Black Legion, the leader of Chaos Undivided."
    "But his followers will betray you! Attack everyone else just as much as they attack the Imperium!"
    "Which is no different from any of the other factions I have to command during a Black Crusade, now isn't it? What was Kharne's title again, oh right, THE BETRAYER. More cultists like the Sons of Malice can't be any worse than that. I'll just cross out the casualties lost to Nurgle plagues and write in the casualties lost to Malice's followers kidnapping people for sacrifices, if anything the deaths might be lighter, I doubt they can kill my followers faster than a plague can."
    "Your insane"
    "No, I'm the only sane person in all of Chaos. Its everyone else that's crazy, including you."
    "...What do you mean?"
    "Nurglings aren't children to read stories to, Typhus, and plagues aren't a gift, they're a weapon to use to gain victory. Your Crusade will not work, as your methods of gaining followers requires the power of Nurgle to take away the pain of the plagues they experience to convert them to your side. The cult of Nurgle treating each other as "family" was nothing but a shared delusion, and now your left with nothing but a bunch plague marines experiencing pain from diseases that once was taken away. Without the god you worship, your nothing but another warband of the Eye of the Terror. Find a new god and pledge yourself to them, your worship could help determine who we ally with."
    "I am not one of your Black Legion marines to follow your orders Abaddon! I devoted myself to Nurgle for ten thousand years! I'm not giving up on him now! Goodbye!"
    Typhus then stomps away thinking: Malice being the potential alternative just added to how unacceptable this was. He needed to need to bring back Nurgle, no matter what.

22. - Top - End - #292

"Eh, I don't mind waiting. Besides, if I go off on my own right now I'll probably break something. I wanna make sure I didn't completely ruin the Astronomicon before I do anything else big..."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #293

Frode watched the Harlequin performance with a pensive frown. Having an immortal clown ruling them for millennia seemed to have done some slightly odd things to the Eldar psyche. After a split-second, he began to pick out which movements were communicative, and which were combative, albeit from the opposite direction that Ensara had taken, his Time Lord (-adjacent) abilities transating the 'language' of the dance for him effortlessly.

With a slight noise of amusement, he attracted the Solitaire's attention and danced out a request for what information the Library had on countering and blocking psykers and chaos with Wraithbone, mostly out of curiousity as to what their reaction would be. Well, that and actually wanting the information, of course.

Aloud, he added "If your people would find any of my peacefully-inclined knowledge useful, I would be more than happy to share. In fact, I was planning on attempting some repair work on the Webway if I am able; I would like to prepare it for peaceful human use... my plan is to install State of Temporal Grace circuits to completely negate the ability to engage in combat or hostile action within the Webway... after the more dangerous inhabitants are cleared out, of course. And after I've tweaked them to just disintegrate any daemons that try to break in, of course."

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

The Black Library:
    Congratulations you successfully perform an interpretative battle dance that is an arcane and esoteric metaphor for their history and mythology that they only use for battle-plays to try and request the information as best a human body without enhancements to be as fast or dexterous as an Eldar can. I guess it can technically be a language but the Eldar don't really think of it that way its more of an art form open to interpretation, so your not really communicating any practical information, but more like trying to construct a mythical metaphor or tale for what you want full of interpretation with multiple layered meanings, you can understand the "language" but don't know the full history and context which requires a human lifetime of studying to truly get all the multiple players of meaning in each movement as well as express them. And your performing it to the most thespian Eldar in existence.
    "....Your attempt at telling a tale of Hoec and Vaul is flailing and clumsy and we do not get what themes your trying to express, they seem a bit incoherent. Pardon my arrogant Eldar, but please just talk normally in Low Gothic, we do not need humans butchering a Masques's Performances, they are very deep and intricate, especially if your not fast or have enough finesse to execute them correctly."
    "I don't know" says another Solitaire "I thought eleven out of thirteen Cegorach jokes he just told we're funny"
    "But he was clearly making allusions to the Fall and how we must make it sure it never happens again. its very Herethuin (minimalist art form) but..."
    "I'm going full of the death of the author on this performance, She Who Thirst in that performance was clearly a metaphor for the Imperium..."
    They begin arguing and the Solitaire guide sighs
    "Great, I'll probably be bearing the differing interpretations your performance art for the next year or more."
    A few Solitaires in actual LamEldannar- the actual language the Eldar use to talk with when not talking to a human like you, off to the side mutter darkly about "stupid Mon-keigh" or "cringe Cresistauead (human)" thinking you can't hear or understand them. Interestingly, Mon-keigh doesn't actually mean human, but any species that the Eldar deem inferior or need extermination.

Then says
    "Clearing out the more dangerous inhabitants pretty much means somehow dealing with all the Dark Eldar. They're all in Commorragh, Comorragh's basically the hub city that a lot of the webway paths go through and Commorragh sucks because everyone there is evil" says the Guide "but don't take my word for it-take it from Laekeza's"
    He gestures to a female Solitaire who say
    "Yes, I grew up in Commorragh. It was horrible, I was lower class so I saw all the beggars of the city go hunting down people to torture them with knives so they can continue to live by providing pain to She Who Thirsts so she doesn't eat their souls. The nobles are all scheming, backstabbing hyper-ultra decadent sadist pirate supervillains whose chief past-times are betrayal and preempting someone's else's betrayal in between constant partying. They literally think any Eldar not living in the city doing the sick screwed up garbage they do are country hicks undeserving of being called Eldar and kidnap anyone thats not them to turn them into still-living furniture or torture them for as long as possible to feed themselves and enjoy it, probably both. If your wanting peace in the Webway that city is your number one obstacle in all honesty and if you can somehow deal with all of them we'd really appreciate it. Don't destroy the city through, they somehow made very advanced technology that doesn't rely on the Warp at all and thats probably more valuable than their twisted screwed up lives."
    "In case your wondering why she isn't like them "Kaerabryn supplies "Is that all the Harlequins souls are protected by Cegorach and thus don't need the pain-vampire thing to live. A lot of Dark Eldar who don't like Commorragh and its culture become Harlequins as a result."
    "anyways, enough about that, lets to go the Book of Rhana Dandra...."
    also Your language perk basically tells "Rhana Dandra" is basically the Eldar term for "Ragnarok". and that the LamEldannar is very similar to celtic languages but more complex and full of deeper meanings due to this species obsession with beautiful and intricate in all things.

The Solitaire Guide takes you to the Book of Rhana Dandra, a big crystalline book radiating a mystical aura at the back of the Craftworld.
    "This....is the Book of Rhana Dandra. The text that details the End Times, the last battle against Chaos- and what could potentially happen so that we can have some form of victory. Beware though, it can be very cryptic and its insight into the future can't reveal a perfect outcome- the Fateweaver and She Who Thirsts would corrupt any visions too perfect, too hopeful, to their ends. Furthermore, it cannot predict the Great Devourer- like you, the Tyranids are a rogue element in this galaxy, and we do not know their true origins or why they were made assuming that they aren't some cruel joke of evolution. Also some might just be prophecies of potential doom. Anyways, let us present the prophecies relevant to this era, in order:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I. The Rhana Dandra
    II. Cegorach's Final Act
    III. The Birth of Ynnead (Eldar Death god)
    IV. The Es-Eta Mic Cogadh (The Twenty Sons War)
    V. The Rise of the Tau Empire
    VI. Return of the Yngir (C'tan)
    VII. Reawakening of the Oghyr (Necrons)
    VIII. Birth of the Fifth Chaos God....I guess thats not technically happening anymore.
    IX. The Great Rift and the Dark Imperium
    X. The Rise of the Q'orl Swarmhood
    XI. Manifest Destiny of the Votann
    XII. The Creation of the Chaos Gods of Law
    XIII. The Emperor and the Star Child
    and huh....these are new:
    XIV. The Shattering of Cresistauead Impireachd (Human Empire)
    XV. Tale of The Second God-Emperor
    XVI. The Dark Geansaidh (Jumper)

"Any of them you wish to view or be told first?"

Ensara and Eldrad:
    "....Thats all you want in return for the Wraithbone? I could do that."
    She says, sitting across from him reviewing the information given to her.
    "I Thank you, Ensara. This threat while minor is of particular concern to the Eldar and we appreciate you making efforts to continue to improve our relations."
    "Yeah I can imagine why you'd want to get rid of these guys specifically, it'll hard to get things done if there is people hunting down Eldar out of hatred. However what of the edge cases? I can understand the main fighters but there is numerous servants around them who contribute in support roles that might not necessarily need to die."
    "I trust you'll handle the matter with finesse and discretion and that any survivors will deserve to"
    "Good to know."
    She pockets the notes and says
    "Don't worry the Invaders Space Marine chapter will be taken care of."
    She then teleports away.

25. - Top - End - #295

Frode gave a wry grin.

"I'm amazed that any of the Cegorach jokes came through on that." he commented. He idly wondered if any of his Eldar listeners would realize that they were hearing him in flawless LamEldannar, albeit with a very faint Norse accent that seemed to leak into every language he spoke. "In any case, I would appreciate it if you could bring me the techniques used for binding and blocking Warp entities and psykers that use wraithbone, as well."

"As to your infestation of creepy sado-masochists, I have a few ideas I think would work, especially since 'kill the thirsty *****' is already on the to-do list. I mean, just teleporting a total-conversion bomb into there is an option, but if I can avoid quasi-genocide, I would rather do so. As far as their technology goes, if I see it, I can replicate it, so I suppose just popping in, taking an invisible look-see, and leaving again might be an idea, although from the way you've described their activities, the less I see of them, the happier I suspect I will be."

He paused, as a thought struck him. "Do any of you know how familiar the dark eldar are with nanotechnology? At least some of my ideas regarding Commorragh are dependent on it, and knowing what sort of countermeasures they might have in place would be wise."

Frode glanced over the book of prophecies, blinking in surprise at some of them. "Hva faen, DARK Imperium? If it's worse than what's happening already, what a mess that's going to be. However that turns out, the one I'm most concerned about is this 'dark Jumper' one; as you've probably noticed, as Jumpers, we tend to have abilities that are... outside the norm. And if this 'dark' Jumper is in opposition to our group, it could cause some real problems, given that I am fairly certain our intentions are benevolent."

He frowned at the various Solitaires still hanging around. "And if you doubt the abilities of this 'cringe' mon-keigh, notice that one of these prophecies is no longer valid? That was ten minutes of work for me."

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Dark Eldar side Conversation:
    "They're only sadists, not masochists. They can't drink pain from themselves only from others. Which y'know, technically means they can do so from other Drukhari, but those bastards consider themselves superior to everyone so each other's pretty much a last resort. Masochism seems to be something the Imperium is more interested in, given all the variations of the Imperial cult that involves whipping themselves before Emperor iconography while confessing their sins.

As for nanotech? Not that we know of, but the Dark Eldar are.....very creative when coming up with terrifying weapons to wield. They might have a gun that shoots nanobots to cause pain all over your body for as long as possible? Or some flesh-cyborg monstrosity with nanorobots that does something screwed up, those wouldn't surprise us. We know they have monofilament weapons but thats really razor sharp blades. But nanotech is a mostly the expertise of the Oghyr (Necrons), or of whatever ancient intact archeotech the Mechanicus manages to find from the golden age of humanity. Honestly, the Mechanicus might be the most dangerous, they might dig up some grey goo scenario weapon they have no understanding of and activate it and doom everyone."

Black Library:
    The Solitaire Guide says
    "Okay lets see....
    IX. The Great Rift and the Dark Imperium
    When A Second Plague of Unbelief descends upon the Cadian Sector...
    When The Voice of the Emperor speaks to proclaim rebellion against the Imperium...
    When an Unthinkable Betrayal Occurs...
    When Two Fortresses of Blackened Stone Appear...
    When Agripinaa and Scarus are beset by Chaos...
    When Blackened Legions fight Wolves and Lions, Fight Those Who know No Pity, Remorse or Fear, Fight Those of the Martyred Lady.....
    When the Infinite appears, and the Master of Masters investigates a ruin left behind by the Devastation of El'Phanor...
    When The Hieromartyr of the Palatine Crusade and The Phalanx returns to deliver salvation...
    When The Eye of Terror Squints....
    The Despoiler in his spite, will destroy Cadia, bringing about The Days of Blinding and thus opening the Crimson Path which will rend the galaxy in two. But from this darkness, a light of hope: The Avenging Son of the Thirteenth Legion will rise from the Twilight of Life by the efforts of the Master of Masters and the Emissary of Ynnead, to once again return to He Who Walks the Golden Path and rule as Regent in disgust of those he protects, and thus shall his half be Imperium Sanctus and the other half the Imperium Nihilus, which cut off from their light shall be descended upon by Daemons and thus shall this half by known as "The Dark Imperium" by those within and without.

XVI. The Dark Geansaidh
    When the Ten Thousand Are No longer sacrificed...
    When The Great Corruptor is slain...
    When The Mother Of the Eldar is free once again...
    When the Cresistauead is shattered....
    When A Humble One is deceived by one who wears the face of Revelation....
    When the Unforeseen Four enter the Black Library...
    When the Fourteenth Legion launches the Green Crusade in vengeance...
    When 300 Eldar-Slaying Sons of the Seventh Perish...
    When a Humble One enters the Archive of the Sigillite and signs A Contract Forbidden...
    The Blink of Three Decades shall occur and the Dark Geansaidh will rise to oppose the Unforeseen Four at the behest of the Great Conspirator, attaining power through loopholes of the Laws Beyond. But beyond this, they are Unforeseen as the Four."

Kaerabryn tilts her head
    "Wait what does that even all mean?" she asks
    "Search me. A lot of this is Imperium stuff, which is way too much information to ever research, and who even goes around calling themselves Revelation? Mother of the Eldar is certainly Isha though, Great Corruptor is another title for Nurgle, Great Conspirator is a Tzeentch title, Unforeseen Four is obvious, Ynnead is the Eldar God of Death who we've been working on to create to counter She Who Thirsts. So there is probably some connection to the Birth of Ynnead to the Great Rift and the Dark Imperium."
    "....while "Eldar-slaying" could describe a lot of the Imperium without anything to narrow it down. The second is sounding like a lot of the events that are currently happening though."

Meanwhile: The Invaders Space Marines play Among Us for Keeps:
    "By the Emperor" says the Chapter Master in the chapters green armor, looking out at the stars from their space fleet. "It sure is great that we finally managed to recover back to 300 strong after our last big battle, at this rate we might be back to our full 1000 fighting strength to slay another Craftworld of those damnable knife-ears."
    "You can say that again, Chapter Master! But I need to get some rest. Good night."
    "Good night to you to."
    The space fleet was their home ever since Craftworld Alaitoc destroyed their homeworld of Ogrys in retaliation for the Invaders destroying Craftworld Idharae. How dare they fight back. After all, don't they know that as Xenos, their place was to die at their hand? He comes to his assigned room designed for the gigantic 8 foot tall Adeptus Astartes to sleep in and stops as he sees on of his battle-brothers dead in bed, his throat cut open as if by a chainsaw. He turns and runs to the nearest chapter serf
    "Quick! A battle brother is dead! We must report this to rest of the Chapter!"
    "Affirmative, honored Adeptus Astartes." says Ensara in disguise, smiling innocently.
    Soon more battle-brothers were assembled including the Chapter Master, with a Space marine Apothecary examining the body
    "Well battle-brother? Whats the post-mortem?"
    "From my examinations.....I can only conclude he was killed by an Astartes-pattern chainsword. No mere human could've caused that big of a slash, not even with a regular chainsword."
    "Which means the killer was.....another Space Marine?"
    An atmosphere of distrust instantly settles over the Astartes as they look at each other suspiciously.
    "No it can't be one of our battle brothers!" says one of the new recruits
    "It can be" says the Chapter Master "This is clearly....the work of those cowards, the Alpha Legion"
    "But when would they join? When they would replace us? We've been going from planet to planet, spending most of our time in the void, how would they know where to be so they can infiltrate?"
    "One of our battle brothers is dead, this is clearly Alpha Legion in disguise. They somehow found a way."
    "But it doesn't make any sense! We're an understrength Space Marine chapter! There are numerous better targets for assassination and sabotage for the Alpha Legion to infiltrate than us!"
    "This sounds like you really don't want us to think its Alpha Legion, battle brother. I find that suspicious."
    "Because its not the only possibility! What if its Craftworld Alaitoc infiltrating us instead!?"
    "WHAT!? A Eldar, successfully infiltrating the ships of the Adeptus Astartes!? Heresy, no Xeno could ever hope to best us in anything!"
    BANG!
    He shoots the new recruit in the face. The corpse falls to the ground.
    "Chapter master....why?" says another space marine
    "He was either a xenos-sympathizer or subverted by the Alpha Legion to mislead us."
    "But what if YOUR the Alpha legion infiltrator who is killing us to-"
    BANG!
    The third space marine falls over dead. The fourth one doesn't bother and kills his chapter master in a storm of bolter fire- But then gets gunned down by the Apothecary
    "Idiots. I've got to announce this to rest, make sure this situation doesn't get out of control. Come along serf."
    Ensara smiles wickedly in her disguise and says
    "Of course Apothecary. We wouldn't want more Astartes to die, wouldn't we?"

27. - Top - End - #297

Frode gave a sort of half-shrug. "Good to know that nanotech probably isn't in common use by the drukhari. And I wouldn't worry overmuch about the Ordo Mechanicus accidentally starting a pan-stellar grey goo event; at worst they'd kill the world they were working on. Nanotech doesn't handle space travel well, since it's almost impossible to harden against solar and cosmic radiation."

He frowned at the prophecies, and thought back to the Imperial database he'd scanned through aboard the Sabre, his eidetic memory coming into play once more. It was fragmentary simply due to it being ancient, and what little maintenance had been done was purely rote without any understanding of what was being done. Still, it should suffice to fill in the blanks of the more Imperium-centred parts of the prophecies. From the bits that he was fairly certain he understood, he might need to move up his timetable, at least for one major aspect of his plans. Thinking about that briefly, he activated his Watchmaker perk for a very limited range, pretty much just his own body.

"Also, could I please see what information you have for sealing and binding daemons and psykers using Wraithbone?"

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

28. - Top - End - #298

An Uninhabited Part of the Galaxy

One moment, there is nothing...

The next, slotting right until the unoccupied Goldilocks Zone of an uninhabited system appears a planet. A red planet. A dead planet, inhabited by beings who have no will of their own, if they're lucky, and ruled by Tyrannical living gods.

Within a throne Room sits an intimidating unit of a man
    Self=Thanoseid
    He seems unperturbed even as the followers and sycophants around him begin to panic.
    Self=Thanoseid
    "Fathergauntlet, explain?"
    Self=Thanoseid
    A Ploong sound comes forth from the gauntlet upon his left hand, a seeming device of advanced technology.

"Facinating... You say the energy signature was familiat?"
    Self=Thanoseid
    Ploong

"Really... Perhaps we should track down our old friend..."
    Self=Thanoseid
    Ploong

"...A library? Perhaps we should make a... donation. Lok De'sad, run to the library and have the scribes print off a few copies of my old favorites from Earth."
    Self=Thanoseid
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-07-22 at 09:05 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

The Black Library:
    They hand him some copies of books on how seal and bind daemons and psykers using wraithbone.
    "Sorry, took a bit to get copies of those for you. Just be warned: it takes certain ...procedures to harden wraithbone such a way that its no longer psycho-reactive that aren't used widely, as in its usual state, even human psykers can psychically manipulate it."
    "Wait what do you mean procedure harden wraithbone like I've never heard of any knowledge to do that, wraithbone is just a high-quality universal construction material" Kaerabryn points out. "As you said its actually horrible to use against psykers and daemons due to its psycho-reactiveness."
    "Okay, to be honest, the knowledge to make wraithbone bind stuff like that is forbidden. Once you read it you'll soon see why. But hey....you asked for it, Frode."
    "But why is forbidden?"
    "Do you REALLY want to know?"

(OOC: this conversation brought about me realizing I've given the impression that, wraithbone the actual WORST material to use against psykers, was good against them somehow. So when I looked them up I made this to like correct my mistake)

The Imperial Archive will define for you the following things:
    Spoiler: Random Imperial Terms:
    Show

-Plague of Unbelief: an imperial civil war in the 36th millennium and the age of Apostacy where Apostate Cardinal Bucharis created a private empire which he deceived to attain greater power, spreading a heresy against Imperium, preaching selfishness and self survival with no care for others. Remember that the true teachings of the Emperor are duty, humility, self-sacrifice for the God-Emperor of Mankind and holy hatred of the witch, heretic, xeno and mutant!
    -Agripinaa: multiple definitions detected did you mean the sector, planet, solar system, or battlefleet?
    -Scarus: a sector close to the Eye of Terror and adjacent to the Calixis Sector
    -"No pity no remorse, no fear!": the warcry of the Black Templars, a non-codex compliant chapter of the Imperial Fists that have been on eternal crusade for ten thousand years for our holy God-Emperor
    -Martyred Lady: full name "Order of Our Martyred Lady" they're the order of Adeptas Sororitas that is most widely spread and numerous, clearly showing how great their devotion must be.
    -Master of Masters: a title of Belisarius Cawl, an archmagos dominus of the Adeptus Mechanicus, one of the ruling lords of the Priesthood of Mars. He is over ten thousand years old and many great achievements and inventions to his name. While devout to the Omnissiah, he is known to value technological innovation rather than maintaining technology which has made him many enemies in the Adeptus Mechanicus
    -Devastation of El'Phanor: The 4th Black Crusade, launched by Abaddon the Despoiler leader of The Black Legion in 001.M34, besieging the Citadel of Kromarch on the world of El'Phanor that defended The Cadian Gate, it is now a dead planet.
    -Hieromartyr of the Palatine Crusade: a title given to Saint Celestine by Inquisitor Ansgar during the crusade to take back the Palatine sector from secessionists, earning her Living Saint status during this crusade.
    -The Phalanx: the mobile fortress monastery of the Imperial Fists, often orbits in the Sol system.
    -The Thirteenth Legion: The legion number of the Ultramarines before the Space marines were divided into Chapters
    -Avenging Son: a title attributed to Roboute Guilliman, Primarch of the Ultramarines for leading the Scouring of the Traitor Legions and making them retreat back into the Eye of Terror after the Horus Heresy. the exact origins are disputed among Imperial Scholars with some pointing to the Shadow Crusade following the Battle of Calth during the Heresy and others to his killing of aristocratic rebels after they killed his father during his pre-Imperium life.
    -Fourteenth Legion: (Rogue Trader clearance) A Traitor Legion known as the Death Guard. If you encounter them, PURGE THESE HERETICS!
    -Sigillite: closest term is "Malcador the Sigillite", previous title of "Malcador the Hero", close advisor of the Emperor and founder of much of the Imperium's governmental infrastructure.
    -Ordo Mechanicus: term not found did you mean:
    Adeptus Mechanicus: the wide ranging priesthood of mars working in union with the Imperium due to the Treaty of Olympus
    Ordo Machinum: the Ordo of the Inquisition that oversees the Adeptus Mechanicus to maintain the purity and safety of the Imperium.

All other terms are either not found or redacted, especially anything mentioning Chaos.

The Invaders Space Marines finish their game of Among Us:
    The Apothecary space marine announces on the vox what had happened, gathering all the space marines on their Battle Barge- all remaining space marines of the three hundred.
    "...and thats what happened. I believe we should remain calm and refrain from doing anything rash." says the Apothecary
    "No." says one of the captains "Our chapter master is dead! Along with other battle-brothers! We need to find this infiltrator and purge them as soon as possible! The longer we stand around doing nothing, the more this infiltrator will kill!"
    "No, that is what the infiltrator wants! to fire at shadows!" says the Apothecary says "we need to figure out something to-"
    "I bet your infiltrator trying to turn us against each other!" says the captain "you killed them yourself then decided to report them like you didn't do it."
    "Oh? What if YOUR the infiltrator, trying to get me killed fast, so that the voice of reason is silenced hm?"
    They all consider this, unsure, the tension of whose is right or wrong hanging in the air.
    "Lets settle it like this." says the captain "All the battle brothers that stand with me, go to the right side, all the battle brothers that stand with the apothecary, go to left side of the room."
    They do so. the split is not even- the apothecary was joined by only a quarter of the battle-brothers, including the 11 veterans who survived previous destruction of their chapter, the other side were full of new recruits.
    "Looks like your the minority, therefore your heretics" says the captain "Only makes sense- who knows how you've been corrupted in your previous campaigns?"
    "No we're loyal!"
    "So are we! A true servant of the God-Emperor would be happy to die for him no matter the circumstance! You should be honored- every death gets closer to killing the true culprit!"
    A battle ensues, of bolter fire and chainswords ringing out in the battle-barge, the minority goes down but not without taking a bunch of the marines with them. However it does not stop there, one of the marines expressing guilt for killing their fellow battle brothers and accusing the captain of being the infiltrator. Thus do they divide and fight again over and over, until they are reduced to two space marines, both new recruits. They look at each other suspiciously, then figuring the other is the culprit and attack with a slashing and clashing of chainswords until only one is left
    "Okay.....surely they're all dead now......But....why? Why did....why did our entire Chapter have to die, why were we so quick to....?"
    "Because I made sure you suspected each other."
    the final space marine freezes as he sees Ensara still disguised as a serf come walking up, smirking.
    "What....why? How? your not a Space Marine you could not have lifted the weapons required to kill the first..."
    "Oh but I can!"
    Ensara casually takes one of the fallen chainswords and lifts it off the ground and does a few sword flourishes with it, as good as any master of the blade.
    "....But....why? why did you kill all of us?"
    "Technically I only killed one of you! The rest was a trick, a technique of something called Essence, some would say a charm, that allowed me to exploit the culture you grew up in, the social conditions you were raised in. Spreading Murder Paranoia Technique, makes people suspect each other in their social group of being a traitor and in turn betrays them to try and eliminate them. Your Imperium is especially vulnerable to this trick. Most cultures have community bonds and ties to make people trust and love each other that make this sort of high-speed social manipulation take longer. your Imperium's constant emphasis on loyalty to the Emperor, hatred of traitors and vigilance against enemies everywhere....well its all too easy to make you kill each other. All I did was manipulate what was already there."
    she grins wickedly
    "No wonder you haven't wiped out Chaos-they've been playing you against each other for ten thousand years! But that doesn't answer your question. Why I killed them is because this chapter killed innocent Eldar lives on Craftworld Idharae, and that furthermore- yours was always one of the worst Space Marine chapters. I mean really, an entire chapter of space marines to specialize in killing an already dying race? Thats not some righteous defense of humanity, thats just exterminating the weak."
    "But...you can't trust the Eldar! They manipulate and lie and think only of their own species!"
    "Like Imperium does for humans? I am sure however I will one day probably meet some Eldar racist jerk doing some horrible extreme thing to make their species glorious again, and I'm sure I'll probably kill them to, the recipes all there! But...that doesn't mean the entire species deserve to die. It just means one more evil jerk added to a corpse pile to save innocents and pave a path to a better world-"
    She speeds forward and plunges her hand through his armor, her fingers piercing through his armor, skin and bone to stab his heart as if they were blades
    "-Much like I'm doing now."
    She slides her hand out of his chest and she turns. Now to the matter of the serfs, who had all been cowering, hoping the space marines didn't start suspecting them. She turns back to her usual form and says while holding out a hand
    "Hey your all slaves. Want emancipation?"
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-07-25 at 06:32 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300

Frode's eyes flicked to the drive and frowned. "Excuse me for a moment." he said, and faded out of view with the usual *VWOORP VWOORP VWOORP*, flowing into TARDIS form as he went transparent.

Sliding through the flow of time, Frode stepped outside it briefly, appearing in one of the cavernous data facilities on the Forge World Principal, Mars, home of the Adeptus Mechanicus. Balanced on the cusp of a second, dancing between ticks of the clock, superhuman senses reached out, touching every data repository on the planet and scanning them, every scrap of information sorted and filed in the impossibly vast depths of Frode's mind.

Still outside time, the blue box that was Frode's TARDIS-self appeared in the same frozen instant on Titan, within the Sanctum Sanctorum itself. Even the arcane sciences of the Grey Knights couldn't block a TARDIS, and no time passed while he was there for an alarm to be sounded. Again, his senses reached out, scanned, and then he retreated once again.

A blue police call box materialized back in the Black Library with the typical vwoorp-ing, and flowed back into Frode, re-synching with the time stream. To outside observers, it probably mostly looked like he sort of flickered for a moment, his image overlapping with his TARDIS form. "Very well. Now that I have retrieved information from the Imperium, I think I'm ready to take a shot at..."

Abruptly, Frode twitched violently and gave a startled stare to... well, what appeared to be a random corner of the room. "THAT was a major dimensional breach. Something that tasted like your reality," he said, gesturing at Alexandra, "just popped into existence in this universe. Whatever it is, I'm guessing our Dark Jumper may have just arrived."

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu