New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Jumpers vs. 40k IC1: Worst. Isekai. Ever.

Alexandra reaches out with her telepathic senses in the area described, trying to get a lock on the location.

"I can teleport myself, if you don't mind. I don't normally do it, but... I'd prefer to take lead on this one. It's rather important to me that we give them a chance to not commit this act of great villainy before we slaughter them and I am forming the beginning of a plan."
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Ezekiel, who up until now has been listening quietly to the conversation, finally speaks up. "In that case, let me be your support. Whatever your plan is, it'll be easier with more than one. I hate to be a pessimist, and I mean this in the most respectful way possible, but I doubt these people are going to change their minds because a teenager told them to."
    We are FREE of
    BEER! As in, we don't have any beer.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Ensara:
    "I was offering it to Ezekiel and Edward, not you, Alex. I sense your powerful enough that you don't need my help in that department. Besides, I was more hoping to plunder their stash of whatever contraband and weapons they have in there than go around killing them just because."
    "Also wait, there is ways to deal with your enemies other than eradicating them mercilessly?" Manyclops asks, confused.
    "Explanation: they are from other universes. The idea is foreign and surprising to me to, but this may be more normal where they come from."
    Iota says
    "They are from what!?"
    Manyclops exclaims in surprise. Iota patiently and robotically gives the short version and she says
    ".....Thats very out there, and I'm not sure I quite believe it yet. I don't think I'll go, I'm not too keen on going into a fortress full of arbitrators, given what I am."
    "I'm a heretek, so neither am I." Iota says, both declining to go.
    Ensara nods at Ezekiel.
    "Sounds like a yes from Ezekiel."

Alexandra, extending your senses there, you sense....
    A towering edifice, a small city within it. A city of law and nothing but law. But not law as you know it. Those who know of law fully the most know it as a library of books, scrolls and tomes accumulated over hundreds to thousands of years that they knew was only a fraction of the texts they were copied from full of precedents and rules upon rules, knowing that it takes too much time to look up every a law for a case to come to a ruling within a lifetime and thus tries to figure out how to get around that as much as possible. Those who know of it in simpler terms know of it as a book they carry around with them full of shortcuts and field-sentences so that they may conveniently dole out punishment as fast as possible before moving onto the next criminal they need to find and capture, having no time for real trials among a populace that vastly outnumbers them. Other simply know law as whatever they say it is, for most citizens are too busy working or do their own business to know what the law actually says, for even the greatest Arbites can never know all the laws they enforce- it is physically impossible. The most brutish of them know law as a shock maul they carry in their hand, applied by the strength of their arm to hammer down disruptions to order.

They also know of crime and criminals. Some know of them as a constant stream of reports and alerts from across the sector, processing it through their very brains faster than a normal human can think, calling themselves Lexmechanics. They knew many crimes, but they focus on the big ones, sending reports of mere theft or murder off to the Enforcers- the Arbitrators were after more important crimes, crimes that could make a planet not pay their tithe, that could make this planet revolt, that could harm even a single adeptus scribe, but cared not for ordinary rabble. To break the Lex Imperialis was to break the holy order the laws set out and thus ensure obedience to the greater order, not to stop suffering. Some Arbitrators hate something called Abstractionism, the heresy and crime of claiming access to the spirit of the law and thus equating themselves with the Emperor, thus placing one's whim above the actual laws of the Imperium and see Magistrates as manipulators who interpret the law as suspicious because of it.

In the detention cells....you don't sense normal criminals. Instead you sense psykers, with varying levels of psychic potential, all sedated. Two nearby guards are having a conversation that you hear, about how they are being saved up until they get enough psykers to be worth shipping out on a ship to the nearest Black Ship, just one or two at a time wasn't worth it, it was best to ship them in bulk. After all, not all psykers appear conveniently when a Black Ship comes by, but space ships are giant city sized things, so they need to save up enough to load them on and send them away, commenting that the rate they find psykers to arrest just keeps getting a bit higher each year- and these were all they could arrest, they remember all the ones too uncontrollable and dangerous to arrest so they just shot them. What particularly stands out is that you sense a small strange painful void, moving as if it was being dragged to a cell, only knowing what this 'void' was saying from people hearing the conversation far enough away to not be within the void:
    "You can't do this to me! I'm am Nebette, an assassin! I'm apart of a perfectly orthodox Death Cult to the Emperor!"
    "Doesn't matter who you are, your a Blank. Like these psykers your off to serve the God-Emperor in a greater capacity now. Inquisitors said you were ideal for their purposes. You should be happy, few get to see Holy Terra after all."

And finally of course, you sense Grand Marshal Goreman, a hardened mind of smoldering contempt for citizens of the Imperium outside the Adeptus, and just as much hatred for magistrates and arbitrators spouting legalese and interpretation and books, over simple action and force. He was a man who saw corruption and laziness, hated it, deciding the only way to get rid of was through his fist, through taking charge. Even now he was furiously organizing the veritable army of Arbites and local Enforcers to make the mass-arrest of the Sibellus underhive happen. Thus he was the focus of much mind activity around him, he was in charge thus people paid attention to him.

But then you feel something strange: in the top of the structure there is eyrie, some is probing at you back from equally as great a distance- not as powerful as you, but their psychic abilities had an incredible amount of range, someone called Astropath Xiao, who is sending you....what you think is a psychic letter? kind of:
    Question: Human? Threat? Harm? Why sensing? Astropath? Why underhive? Powerful? Fear. Confusion.
    The last two are more like feelings than words. Its like some telegram trying to fit as much information as possible into a small package. This isn't a link or a connection, its just this message he has beamed to you.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

"I'll come along. You'd probably need someone a bit sneaky, and that can be me. I would also appreciate help getting there." Edward can't quite teleport, though he can move short distances fast enough that he appears to teleport. He's not displayed many of his abilities yet; just the power to summon swarms of rats or other vermin. "Eradicating your enemies can, sometimes, be the merciful choice. There are fates worse than death." Something Edward learnt in his time in Gristol, though he generally avoided it. He had to get his hands dirty, and so he did.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #95

Alexandra responds by linking minds with the Astropath and answering the questions.

Am I human? By any reasonable definition.

Am I a threat? Only because you started it.

Harm? Call off the attack on the underhive and there will be no harm. Refuse? Well, no one innocent will be harmed.

Why am I sensing? Why do you think?

Am I an astropath? No. I'm something else entirely. All cards on the table, I'm probably closer to your Emporer than I am to anyone else in this galaxy.

Why the underhive? I have a soft spot for those who are forced into a second class existance by the biggotry and fanatism of others.

Am I powerful? Cosmically so.

See you soon.

Seh ceases communication but doesn' break the connection. If someone tries to shoot the messenger, so to speak, she'll use it as a medium for her psychokinesis to defend the poor, scared astropath.

"A psyker spotted me peaking. We have to go now if we want to have the element of surprise. I'll go in the front and draw their attention while you sneak around?"

Alexandra will teleport right in front of Goreman within the next minute, unless someone tris to shoot the messenger, regardless of the response from the others.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Astropath Xiao: One Minute
    He knows full well that Goreman has no authority to rescind these orders. They came from the Inquisition whose authority overrides all but the High Lords of Terra. At the same time if he doesn't do what this mysterious powerful psyker wants and they don't know that, and senses Goreman continuing to organize without knowing she might respond anyways. At the same time, Xiao didn't hold any particular liking for Goreman- the Rogue Trader ship he served on was impounded, the Rogue Trader's license and warrant stripped for engaging in xenotech trading and he was forced into being Goreman's personal diviner for crimes that might break out, and he didn't recall any particular legal basis for such a punishment- certainly Goreman was never known for his legal rigor. So he quickly looked into the future to see what might transpire, trying to shift through the myriad possibilities the warp showed him:
    -If He Messaged Goreman: Visions of Goreman either declaring a rogue psyker as powerful as the Emperor as heresy or Goreman kicking the message over to the Inquisition as he didn't want to jeopardize the planets tithe, or Goreman declaring a rogue psyker must be captured and sent to the Black Ships as that was the law no matter what, Goreman declaring they didn't negotiate with criminals or heretics. Goreman attempting to shoot him and getting killed by the psyker. Battle breaking out at the precinct-fortress.
    -If He Messaged the Inquisition: Visions vary depending on which Inquisitor he contacted: One Inquisitor declaring him and the psyker heresy and wanting to use as many resources they can to destroy them, Another Inquisitor hoping to lure the psyker into a trap to capture them- and that not ending well for the Inquisitor, another one where the Inquisitor wants to negotiate believing that this may a shard of the Emperor himself and therefore holy. Worse Scintilla has an unusually high amount of Inquisitors due to the conclave here. There was a lot of other potential responses.
    -If He Did Nothing: Battle breaks out at the precinct-fortress. Arbites dying. rebellion. war. red redemptionist frateris militia burning mutants and scum with flamers with local adepta sororitas leading them, PDF being called in to help as fighting grows, then Imperial Guard as fighting goes on, march in like a flood of men across the wastelands of the world. visions of a strange seven-rainbow winged female demon with mirror skin summoning armies of the undead and clockwork to march against them alongside a small psyker whose purity of wrath and fury destroys all those who stand against her, a man whose voice summons storms, and one who pilots a machine not unlike an Imperial Knight. Loss of Scintilla. Loss of Life. Doom, Death, Destruction.

By the Emperor, all these visions are terrible and he hated them. Why do bad things always outnumber the good things that could potentially happen? He hated his job sometimes. But he couldn't let this just happen. As a citizen of the Imperium he has been raised his entire life to think of its greater collective survival over individual wants or needs. He has a duty to make sure this doesn't go badly no matter how hard it is or how narrow the path. So he contacts the one person that according to his visions could ensure the best possible outcome: Inquisitor Rhiannon Lekkens.

He relays the information he knows to her including the visions as best he can and she responds
    <By the order of the Emperor's Holy Inquisition, I, Inquisitor Rhiannon Lekkens order Lord Marshal Goreman of the Adeptus Arbites to call off the attack on the underhive of Hive Sibellus, relay that to him.>
    Astropath Xiao does so. and Goreman responds
    "What!? But the Inquisition just told me to start mobilizing for this attack in the first place! Why are they suddenly calling it off!? and why is it a different Inquisitor? I thought Inquisitor Vevarn was the one assigned to this."
    <Apparently they changed their mind, Lord Marshal, I don't know what to tell you.>
    He grumbles, calling off the attack.
    What one must understand about the Inquisition is that each Inquisitor holds the authority of the voice of the Emperor and they are normally largely independent secretive agents- a planet with a conclave such as Scintilla is not a normal thing and some Inquisitors can do their jobs for decades without seeing a single other one sometimes. There is very little ranks in the actual Inquisition and the rank of Lord Inquisitor which technically outranks both Vevarn and Lekkens is more of a rank given out of respect and recognition of the experience they already have than anything else- it has no temporal or absolute authority. Legally speaking, Lekkens is completely within her authority to call it off just as Inquisitor Jethro Vevarn is to order it. Thus two Inquisitors who'd normally work independently and far away from each other and thus normally their orders would be unquestionable, now are on the same planet with the exact same amount of power, interfering with each others work. Unfortunately, when Inquisitors disagree, it usually ends violently.
    Rhiannon knows this. She knows that the Inquisition has fought ideological internal wars over things most citizens of the Imperium never even understand or know about. But someone like Inquisitor Jethro Vevarn is no great loss. However this could be a vast gain indeed.

She finds the nearest astropath at the Tricorn palace using their power to boost the signal of her own psychic power to telepathically send to Alexandra:
    <I am Inquisitor Rhiannon Lekkens and I have called off the attack on the underhive. I want to ask you a question: are you a shard of the God-Emperor of Mankind reborn?>
    She was no Thorian sure. But the resurrection of the God-Emperor of Mankind has been a goal of the Inquisition since the very beginning, and this rogue psyker checks a lot of boxes: incredibly powerful, a psychic signature unlike they've ever seen, incredible control over these psychic powers that most psykers never achieve, an willingness to protect humanity. Ensara psychically overhears this message and says to Manyclops, Iota, Edward and Ezekiel
    "Yeah, an Inquisitor just contacted Alexandra and asked if she was a shard of her god after saying the attacked was called off? What do we do?"
    "What?" Manyclops says blinking with her all over her body "They think Alexandra here is the God-Emperor of Mankind? Thats a new one on me, mate"
    "Observation: I have no theological knowledge of why they would think this. That is a question for the Ecclesiarchy and.....given your values I doubt you'd like talking to any of them."
    "But its a good thing roight?" Manyclops asks "He is supposed to be this savior of all humanity or somethin'. Supposed to protect us in some vague way while one day destroying all xenos, heretics and whatnot in the End Times or whatever."
    "No idea. I was taught that he is the Omnissiah, the voice and prophet of the Machine God through which it speaks and gives knowledge unto us all. But remember that the Imperial Creed counts mutants as something to be exterminated along with those things- the return of the Emperor may not be good for you if their belief is true."
    "...But...couldn't he like just....y'know....cause a miracle to happen and make me pure human so I don't have to die though, if he is so great?"
    "Advisory: Manyclops, I would not hold onto such a faint hope."

Inquisitor Vevarn:
    He receives word that the Adeptus Arbites has called off the attack on Rhiannon's orders. He loads his bolt pistol, his eyes burning with zealotry and determination.
    "Well my Throne agents, it looks like we have an Amalathian to eliminate."
    They all nod and begin heading towards her location.

7. - Top - End - #97

Alexandra decided that honesty is the best policy.

No. I'm merely a cosmically powerful psychic who is morally opposed to religious fanatics murdering and enslaving civilians just because they happen to have some genetic mutation. Even if I was, I wouldn't claim it. It's my experience that Gods let you down."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Inquisitor Lekkens:
    Well thats odd. Someone of incredible psychic power who when given the opportunity, denies being the Emperor. At least she won't potentially cause a religious schism in the Imperium by trying to claim that. She's female so, not a Primarch. She doesn't refer to humans as mon-keigh, so not an Eldar. She is way too orderly and sane to be Chaos. Chaos wouldn't make a threat to stop a war, ever. Its simply not what they do. What is she? Could she be some astronomically rare psyker mutation where gets Alpha Plus Psyker power, but keeps the sanity? That would explain why something like her hasn't been found in over 10,000 years. This being doesn't seem to know why the Imperium does these things either, but given how angry she sounds about it, Rhiannon is not sure if it was a wise idea from her position to tell her the reasons. Vengeful underhive scum care little for why the arbitrator's mace falls upon them only that it stops, and this being was incredibly powerful and could do far more. It was best to figure out her intentions quickly.
    <You aren't? Hm. Strange. Anyways, the last time a being of your power strode the stars, he conquered world upon world to reunite humanity and bring it under the rule of the Imperium, changing the face of the entire galaxy for ten thousand years to this day. What are your intentions or plans for this galaxy? It is my duty as Inquisitor to try to know this, whether you want me to or not.>
    Ensara will repeat this to everyone else.

Edit:
    With no reply forthcoming, Ensara herself will answer, and use mind magic to make everyone hear the telepathic conversation
    <Well I don't know about any of my comrades, but there are actually four of us, I'm Ensara, she's Alex, and two guys named Edward and Ezekiel, as for goals well, interesting question. I personally as an adventurer want to right wrongs, save innocents, make things better for people all that usual hero stuff but I also like to gather cool weapons, magic, knowledge, martial arts techniques, things like that, I'm a collector in that sense. If I recall correctly your Imperium has a lot of cool weapons, I think I'll probably be taking some, the two guys want knowledge and to help people I think and Alex here I think is like straight superhero compassionate, wants to protect people and fight oppression and tyranny which you seem to be so dunno how this negotiation is going to work, but lets keep going and see what happens y'know?>
    <Uh....well...hm thats...okay.....didn't expect this....babbling fool but if she is accurate then....you four? Seem to possess a morality at odds with how the Imperium operates. If what you say about yourselves is true there are many things about the Imperium you will take issue with.

But we can have a civil war about that later. If your truly as powerful as you say, and you truly hold such a value on peoples lives then I have several existential threats to the entire galaxy to tell you about. Don't get me wrong, I don't consider you allies, but if you truly want to save people then its a mutual benefit to both of us if you eliminate the threats that Inquisition is aware of. For example, the Tyranids: a swarm of space bugs from other galaxies with a hivemind that want to do nothing but eat everything, incredibly adaptable, eats the biomatter of entire planets, and according to our projections will devour the entire galaxy if not stopped....but the Imperium doesn't have the planets or resources to stop them ourselves. If you can get rid of the Tyranids somehow, you'd be saving all life in the galaxy. There is no negotiating with Tyranids, no one in the galaxy likes them, its the clearest cut case that heroic-minded people like you can get behind, wouldn't you agree?>
    <Yes, the Tyranids does sound quite bad. We will have to deal with them somehow. But why are you doing this? Should you not be declaring us heretics or something?>
    <Your morality while potentially damaging to the Imperium is little different from the Salamanders, Space Wolves or the Blood Angels. All have their use, and it would be a waste of resources of this planet on a being as powerful as the Emperor when they could possibly be used as tool to benefit the Imperium. I cannot ally with you but I can assess the potential risks of directing you at our enemies. Whatever civil war or reformation you could potentially cause to damage the Imperium will be less damaging than the Tyranids devouring us all or the Orks wiping us out in a Waaagh too big for us to handle. A potentially risky revolution period versus the almost certainty of oblivion- duty compels me to choose the former, no matter how much I disagree with your values. If this is truly what you value whatever you do in your naive righteous fury down the line will be less of a problem than the actual threats to our existence at our doorstep.

And if your lying, all you have to do, to destroy the Imperium and all of humanity....is absolutely nothing, the way things are going. Sit back and watch the world burn. Its not as if I can stop you.>
    <We are not lying about our intentions, I am certain of that.>
    <Well then if we can arrange a meeting place, I can gather some relevant files on threats you might want to deal with to ensure our collective survival and I can pass them onto you, possibly provide you a warp capable ship so that you can get out of my hair. I however cannot promise any sanctioning or immunity from the Imperium at large- it is possible that this very call and the actions I'm taking could be considered heresy in of itself and my Inquisitorial status revo->

Suddenly she get cut off.
    "What!? The telepathic communication suddenly went dead!"
    Ensara by impulse, teleports all four of them to the location where the telepathic call was coming from.

Tricon Palace: Rhiannon Lekkens Vs. Jethro Vevarn
    You four teleport in to find a firefight happening. Inquisitor Rhiannon Lekkens is hiding behind cover of an ornate statue, loading her gun while an astropath corpse with its head blown off is on the ground, with Jethro Vevarn his throne agents fire at her, consisting of a storm trooper, a judge, an adepta sororitas and some high ranking priest. In contrast to the dingy underhive, this place is quite ornate with a lot of golden skulls and gothic architecture everywhere. Inquisitor Lekkens is busy calling on her combead for her own throne agents to assist her, spotting you and just looking confused, while Inquisitor Vevarn is saying:
    "Who were you communicating with, Lekkens!? Those scum were going to serve the Imperium! But now you've gotten in the way, and probably up to something heretical with that astropath."
    "None of your concern, Vevarn!"
    "Ah well, they were a witch anyways and needed to die sooner or later. and who are you four!? You just appeared out of nowhere....what heresy is this!? shoot them! Shoot them all!"
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-09-18 at 05:04 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

Edward was not expecting that sudden teleportation. He stumbles slightly upon arrival, and upon hearing the order to shoot he inhales deeply before turning to the gunmen and Shouting. "Zun Haal VIIK!" After hopefully disarming them, he raises his hand and Blinks over to the closest Inquisitorial lackey- in the event of a tie, he'll pick the stormtrooper- and swings his duelling cane at their head, following by strikes to knees, elbows, and groins. The armour means the hardwood cane isn't going to be as effective as usual; however if it's made of metal the electrifying enchantment placed upon the wood may prove more effective than expected.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Ezekiel has done enough teleporting in his life to be ready for it, so he doesn't stumble when he is relocated. He immediately sets up his A-Wall and crouches behind it, firing on the priest with his shotgun. He also points to an area a few metres behind himself and says "Standby for Titanfall".

A holographic countdown appears in the spot Ezekiel pointed out.
    Once the countdown hits 0, a 20-foot tall heavy mech hits the ground in the marked area with a massive BOOOOOOSH. It's very bulky and equipped with, among other things, a huge Leadwall shotgun and 2 different missile launchers. Ezekiel greets it with "Excess! Good to see you, buddy! You would not believe the day I've had." as he embarks the Titan, entering it through a hatch on the front which opens up. The Titan responds with "Eliminating enemy combatants. And, it is good to see you too, Ezekiel." as it fires its Leadwall at Jethro and his four agents.
    We are FREE of

11. - Top - End - #101

Seeing that her companions have the hostiles, Alexandra casually turns and walks to where Inquisitor Lekkens is taking cover.

"Does this sort of thing happen often?"

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Jumper Gang Vs. Vevarn's Throne Agents:
    Inquisitor Lekkens pauses for a second as if realizing something.
    "....You mean Infighting? Huh now that I think about it yeah it does. On the local level at least. Never thought about how this job is like herding murderous cats who hate each other, I just did it. But I guess its better than the alternative of something like the Horus Heresy."
    "Wait, this is the better option!?"
    "Local scale infighting versus galactic scale infighting is not a hard choice."
    She stares at the bolt gun in her hands, considers how the battle is going and says with her usual stern expression.
    "Also my actions have just led to four renegades with dangerous unknown powers that I doubt any of us can defeat into an Inquisitorial Conclave. Tsk. I should probably be using this on myself because I doubt its going to work on you and you might break me."
    "How about: because you sound like one of the few reasonable people here, you don't do that for the continuing survival of humanity?"
    "Yeah, your right a lot of Radical Inquisitors have done much worse than this to get results and lived with themselves afterwards."
    "Y'know what? I'm not even going to ask."
    Ensara then runs into the fight herself.

Meanwhile, the actual fight is....well.... All their gun weapons go flying from their hands in various because of the Shout. The mech suddenly flying in will making Jethro goes behind cover and running. The Storm Trooper in response to Edward, draws a combat knife, probably issued to all guardsmen to try and stab him. As for damage....carapace armor, much like flak armor is intended to defend against small arms fire, made of ceramite or armaplas both heat resistant alloys intended to stand up to lasgun and normal guns. However thermal resistance is not electrical resistance and this armor is only designed to protect what its expected to protect against, and thus Edward's cane shocks the storm trooper, bringing him down, whether he is dead or not is up to whether or not Edward intended to kill him with this.

As for Ezekiel, its actually a pretty good decision to bring out the mech, all of these lackeys are wearing carapace armor:
    The Judge, a senior adeptus arbites is not so lucky as he is the middle of drawing his power mace: A Titanfall Mech seems to basically be a tank on legs. The Leadwall, is basically a giant shotgun. His judge carapace armor is not too different from the Storm troopers. He gets shot, the pellets piercing through the carapace and filling him with holes, falling over and bleeding out.

Underneath his robes, the Hierophant is also wearing carapace and gets pierced through while he draws his Eviscerator chainsword, there a glow of divine light in him as he begins to stand up, bleeding from his wounds muttering
    "The...Emperor....Protects....The Emperor gives me strength....AGAINST THIS FOUL SORCERER!!"
    And tries to charge at Edward, with zealotry and determination, swinging his big two-handed chainsword wildly.
    Its a miracle that he is even standing.

The Crusader on the other hand simply blocks the gunfire at him with his Storm shield-basically this big metal tower shield he is carrying on his left arm, shimmering with some forcefield able to withstand even heavy weaponry like this. He then draws his power sword from its sheath and charges at Ezekiels mech, trying to cut off one of the legs, also shimmering with energy able to easily slice through flesh and armor alike.

The Sororitas is of course wearing power armor, and draws her chain sword. Her armor is only a little less protective than astartes power armor, and she has yet to earn her helm. A Titanfall is roughly comparable to the Imperial Knight in some respects.....yeah, when the shots hit her, the giant shotgun shells pierce the power armor and she falls down...but a flicker of divine light glows across her and the Sororitas stands up back, bleeding but miraculously somehow still alive and with a determined look her face. She yells
    "FOR THE EMPEROR!"
    and charges at the Titanfall mech as well, swinging her chainsword with great zeal, having no fear of death. Her slash is blocked by another chainsword- Ensara's chainsword that she picked up earlier, grinning wickedly while sparks fly from the chain blades grinding against each other.
    "Hello there. Interesting armor you have there. Mind if I take it off you in exchange for sparing your life?"
    "I'll never agree to that, heretic!"
    "Okay, I'll just take it from your corpse then."
    She then expertly disarms the Sororitas with expert swordplay, then beheads her, chainsaw blades ripping through her flesh. Not even the pure faith of the Adepta Sororitas could let her push through that.

Inquisitor Vevarn on the other hand on his commbead is quickly reporting while running:
    "All Inquisitors! Four heretics have just breached the Tricorn Palace! One of them is piloting an Imperial Knight-sized titan of some sort, seemingly of Tau make! Another has some sorcerous power to disarm you! and I think I heard an Abominable Intelligence speak! Use all available force to purge them in the name of the Emperor!"
    Faithful though he was, Inquisitor Vevarn knew better than to think he could fight an Imperial Knight. His loyal throne agents that have worked for him for years? Eeeeeh, acceptable losses. He could get others for his retinue. This Inquisitorial conclave however had various files on threats both galactic and local, as well as various Inquisition-only assets and equipment, was the Inquisition's base for the entire Calixis Sector. It NEEDED to stand. He didn't know how or why the Cold Trade got a frakking Tau titan all the way in Calixis when the Tau are on the other side of the galaxy, but he didn't care. What was once a private matter of eliminating a Inquisitor who disobeyed orders now was a security breach.

Edit:
    Also to Ezekiel the title "THE END JUSTIFIES THE MEANS" appears for Inquisitor Lekkens and "BETTER A MILLION INNOCENTS DIE, THAN ONE GUILTY GO FREE" appears for Inquisitor Vevarn.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-09-19 at 05:52 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Edward is stabbed. He lets himself get stabbed and grunts in pain, since he can heal himself and doesn't have to let it stop him. Edward's going for the kill, and after he's dealt with the Stormtrooper and pulled the knife out, he hears someone scream, the revving of a chainsaw, and looks to see someone running towards him. His Voice has a cooldown, which is unfortunate, but Blink does not- he uses the Outsider's magic to teleport behind the screaming fanatic before turning and drawing his pistol, aiming at the man's back and firing an explosive bullet between his shoulder blades.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Actually, that reminds me - Ezekiel's Titan is supposed to get its own subtitle, so here you go:

XS-5072 - IN EXCESS, AND XL

"Activating Gun Shield." A large, hexagonal energy shield is projected in front of XS, centered on the Leadwall. That, plus the fact XS is backing up a little, means the sword attack should miss its target. "In an energy shield measuring contest, you would be sorely outclassed." The Titan quips. "Nice one, Excess!" Ezekiel laughs.

"Thanks for the save, Ensara. But you'll probably want to move from that spot, I'm going to stomp this guy out and you won't want to be too close." He left the radio off when he said that, meaning nobody would have heard it. Nobody with non-super hearing, anyways. Wink wink nudge nudge.

Next, as warned, the Titan raises its foot, and tries to bring it crashing down over the Crusader's head. That shield is strong, but it won't need to be the only thing to survive being stepped on by 63 tonnes of metal.

Ezekiel decides now would be as good a time as any to give XS a sitrep. Of course, he keeps an eye on the field, because he's not about to let himself get blindsided. "Okay, let me give you a quick run-down of the situation. The well-dressed man who can teleport, the woman who just expertly disarmed an enemy with expert swordplay, and the girl in the superheroine garb? Those are Edward, Ensara, and Alexandra, our allies. They have superpowers. Real ones. Like in first-rate comics, or second-rate videogames, or third-rate card games. The people trying and failing to murder us are our enemies. Anyone who doesn't fit any of those descriptions is either on our side, or just knows better than to try and shoot at us."
    Last edited by Gold Leaf; 2022-09-20 at 03:19 PM.
    We are FREE of

15. - Top - End - #105

Alexandra uses a controlled electromagnetic field to try and fry the other side's communications. It does absolutely nothing to her side's tech, as she has nanoscale precise control of her powers.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Jumper Gang Vs.....Inquisitor Vevarn?
    Edward's teleport behind the zealot takes him by surprise and he dies as the explosive bullet pierces his back and explodes within. You can imagine the bloody remains yourself. Meanwhile Ensara hears the warning and speeds away in a red wind- but the Crusader who had attacked Ezekiel suddenly notices
    "Hey wait, where did my sword and shield go-"
    Before being crushed under the stomp. Ensara snickers to herself. She was still a thief without peer.

Inquisitor Vevarn meanwhile is desperately asking through the voxbead
    "Hello? hello!? No one's responding! Why is no one responding!?"
    Ensara arrives in front Vevarn, red wind trailing behind her, with a fanged grin on her face.
    "Yeah who wouldn't want to talk to your wonderful personality?"
    Vevarn reacts by firing his digi-las, from his finger, red beam going straight for her face- and suddenly her palm, unbelievably fast, suddenly catches the laser. The red beam of light is now held in her hand, and now she is turning it over in her grip, like a spear, examining it with fascinated eyes, the laser seemingly acting as if its a solid object while its in her hand.
    "Huh, I wonder how many Ki users in Gaia have done this? I'd personally say an Exalt could probably pull this off to but I can't test given that I have both powers..."
    Vevarn's eyes widen at the sheer impossibility of this, back away while drawing his sword- a sanctified power sword.
    "Your toying with me, that you'll be your last mistake witch!"
    While distracted by the laser in her hand, her Exalted senses alerted her to the danger and she suddenly changes her grip on the laser and uses it as a sword to block the power sword strike- but recoiling at the mere sight of the blade.
    "Agh! You nearly caught me off guard with that. The blade hurts to look at, is that a holy blade!? You could've hurt me with that. Of course your white mana why would you be anyth-"
    Vevarn, noticing that the laser has no crossguard, rides his blade down to slice her hand off, Ensara's form distorting into something more demonic for a second, making the laser shoot off into the wall now that its no longer held and Ensara grips her stump in pain, Jethro running past her to get help while she yells, her voice going more demonic
    "YOU FANATICAL SON OF BITCH! WHY IS IT ALWAYS HOLY SWORDS!? DO YOU KNOW HOW PAINFUL THAT IS!?"
    "DAEMO-" Vevarn attempts to yell but suddenly is caught and gagged by shadows, Ensara using her left hand to cast and hold the magic. With planeswalker will, she heals her right hand up
    "But you never stood a chance against me. I can heal and rebuild myself at will, holy weapons are just really painful to me. I think since your an Inquisitor extracting all information you have from your mind will be a fitting karmic comeuppance don't you think?"

Inquisitor Rhiannon looks at Alexandra
    "So....since your not killing or capturing me for some reason, I might as well say: If people walk in on this they will see it as heresy and shoot on sight. How am I going to explain this to the Inquisition? I'll give you anything to leave, my minimal offer is a warp-capable ship, a navigator, files on the major threats to mankind and an astropath if you need one, I'm not going below that. You can kill Inquisitor Vevarn if you want, I don't care, he's faithful, his soul will go the God-Emperor."
    "Mrmmrmrmrgh!" Jethro says through the gag.
    "Quiet Jethro, I'm sacrificing you for the good of the Imperium."
    She says with a complete straight face.

However you hear rapid footsteps coming down the hall around the corner, probably people coming to check out the big crashing sound, the sounds of gunfire and shouting. What will you do?

17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Ezekiel watches this whole thing play out from inside the cockpit.

"XS, is there an error with the visual feed?"

"Visuals are fully operational."

"'...I see."

He is kind of left speechless after watching Ensara catch a laser with his bare hands, to the point that her losing a hand and going demonic is it that time of the month already? almost doesn't faze him in comparison. Ezekiel isn't too averse to demons - not that he's ever met any, but both them and him (scientist) are the natural enemy of religious fanatics, and an enemy's enemy is a friend.

On hearing the footsteps, XS turns to face the doorway. Leadwall at the ready in case they're enemies.
    We are FREE of

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, Edward's feeling a little out-classed right now. Ezekiel has a mecha and Ensara just duelled with a laser and regrew a hand. He's not entirely sure what he saw when she shifted like that, but... she did say she had multiple souls. Maybe it's something like that? Besides, he's met werewolves and vampires and weirder things, like Koloss, and mostly fought and killed them. He's going to flick some of the zealot's gore off his jacket and holster his pistol, walking over to the corpse and lift the Eviscerator. "Who thinks this is a sword? It's... it's horrific. I wanna keep it." It's nearly as big as the Koloss longsword, though hopefully not as heavy. He'll try and turn it off first, because nobody really wants it waved close to his face.

If asked about the Inquisitor's deal, Edward's happy with what's offered. He'd suggest a Warrant of Trade or Letter of Marque, but he's not familiar enough with this universe to know of such things- and Ensara's existing trade network might already cover such a thing.

19. - Top - End - #109

Alexandra with try and telekinetically wrench Inquistor asshat's neck.

"For now, the Underhive is off-limits. Permenantly. An attack on it or it's people is an attack on me and will be treated as such. I'll talk your offer over with the others and get back to you."

"Everyone else, I'm going to try and establish a mind-link so I can teleport us out of here, normally I'd ask permission first, but..."

Alexandra proceeds to do exactly that, try and establish a psychic connection to the others so that she can use her Matriach ability to channel her power through them, then teleport back to the Underhive. If someone for whatever reason doesn't want to leave yet they can resist, she's not gonna force anyone, but...
    Last edited by Rater202; 2022-09-25 at 09:43 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Ensara:
    Inquisitor Rhiannon raises an eyebrow That was easier than she expected
    "Very well, we shall continue this negotiation while I get things arranged."
    She was taking the digi-las off his finger when Jethro Vevarn suddenly dies. Okay, no mind reading the Inquisitor for her. Then she hears what Alex plans to do next and decides to resist only to teleport herself back to Iota-Phi's...shack with a bolt pistol, plasma pistol (two weapons that had flown off during the disarm shout) and the adepta sororitas power armor in her possession a few seconds later.
    "For studying purposes you understand, I do want to learn about this world's technology myself as I AM an artificer."

Iota was explaining Chaos to Manyclops when you teleport back in
    "...And thats why they are incredibly dangerous and you should never accept a deal from them."
    "Yes, yes got it cogboy, four big spooky entities in some hell-place to never make a deal with." Manyclops responds.
    They jump in surprise a little at your return.
    "Oi, what were you doin'? You disappeared all of a sudden!"
    Ensara explains the situation to them. Iota-Phi considers this
    "Observation: You could probably hold out for more. For one, the crew population of such any ship worth flying is somewhere in the 10,000-25,000 range, due to the Imperium and the Mechanicus not allowing any Artificial Intelligence based automation. They are practically small societies or little cities unto themselves. She probably rushed the terms a bit considering the urgency of the situation and thus forgot that particular detail. Though considering your morals on such matters, it might be harder to recruit such a crew than normal, as often in the Imperium such ships are not picky on how they acquire crew, often outright simply taken from their planet and used basically as slave labor to operate and load the cannons."
    "Oooooh no. Nope we are not doing slaves. I'm going to have to start making some improvements on the design of whatever ship we get."
    "There is also the matter of food. Life Sustainer systems will recycle air and water, but we'll need to think about resupplies of food for those that need it."
    "What do you mean?"
    "I mean stopping by various agri-worlds to trade or restock up on food whenever they get low."
    "Wait.... have you lost the methods of hydroponics?"
    "What. No, hydroponics is a known art. Why do you speak of it? Its used on space stations and to extensively to optimize crop production on some agri-worlds."
    ".....but not the ships.....why?"
    "Well its not as if you can bring a star with you to make the crops grow."
    "....Okay. Do you know what ultraviolet radiation is?"
    "Issat..." Manyclops asks "some light that glows off the legendary Ultramarines?"
    "....No." Ensara says to her chagrin
    "Never mind her. an Auspex detects all sorts of things, ultraviolet radiation included. It is known but we do not see how it is relevant." Iota answers
    "....by Malfeas, ultraviolet radiation is the food plants grow from."
    "They are? I thought that was sunlight."
    "sigh....Utraviolet radiation is apart of sunlight, and it can be artificially replicated. Using things called UV lamps. I see I'll have to reinvent some things to make the we get more comfortable."
    "Aren't you loik....some weird spirit thingy of great power? shouldn't you be using yer powers for greater problems than things like that?" Manyclops questions
    "I'll get to those problems when I get to them, and solving problems like this keeps me grounded and human to some extent."
    "Okay..."

Inquisitor Lekkens: Endure Inquisitorial Meeting
    Some time will pass as she will explain to the storm troopers that come for her the Jethro Vevarn totally was a Khorne cultist heretic trying to subvert the orders to have a bloody battle in the underhives and put in requisitions for the minimal things that the jumpers will need. however the other Inquisitors are not fools and have pulled her into a meeting to collectively....interrogate her about her actions.
    "Inquisitor Lekkens" a Lord Inquisitor, not Caidin this time, looks upon her sternly "After your supposed purging of Vevarn as a heretic, you have made some quite curious requisitions. Almost as if your arranging to appoint a new rogue trader. Furthermore you claim that the rogue psyker your own acolytes were so concerned about earlier has been "handled", and more curiously the scene of your little scuffle with this apparent heretic has been missing a few pieces of technology: power sword, storm shield, bolt pistol, plasma pistol, digi-las and adepta sororitas power armor. One would think you'd at least find them broken or shattered in whatever fight occurred, but they are nowhere to be seen, as well as there being a big hole in the ceiling as if crashed from the sky by an Imperial Knight, with storm troopers hearing quite the commotion.

Furthermore there is an astropath that has been killed by a bolter round to the head. Other astropaths in the Tricorn palace reported you sending out a psychic communication of some kind that they were unable to discern the contents of. Pray tell, what is the nature of your "handling" of this rogue psyker situation when you were ordered to kill them and what is your intention with these requisitions, and what is your explanation for all this? Keep in mind, you are nothing special or irreplaceable, Rhiannon Lekkens. Failure to comply with our investigation and we will assume you and Vevarn both guilty of heresy and simply eliminate you. and if you are truly a faithful servant of the Imperium, you will find your unknown sacrifice acceptable service to the God-Emperor of Mankind."
    "Understood, lord inquisitor." she says "I will explain thusly: the actions I have taken, I honestly believe are what is best for the God-Emperor, the Imperium and all of Mankind.

the rogue psyker known as Alexandra is a being nearly as powerful as the God-Emperor himself. My own psychic senses told me so. It'd be the height of foolishness to fight her. I have instead saved us all valuable time and resources through negotiation and have successfully pointed her and her allies at our enemies. My hope is that they will find a way to solve some problems we do not have the power to do. In return, they have simply asked that the underhives of this planet are not to be harmed. If you truly want an extra tithe of men to throw at the Octarius situation there are plenty of other planets in this sector that can spare it. Our efforts were united in getting rid of Vevarn's heresy. I am simply providing them the means to get out of this sector which does not have the resources to deal with the threat they pose and towards warzones and beings that stand a chance of getting rid of them or vice versa. Either outcome would be beneficial to us."
    Inquisitor Merenda says
    "But you could've tried to capture or trick this Alexandra and shipped her away so she could take the Emperor's place on the Golden Throne! If she is truly so powerful, then nothing is important than than switching them so that the God-Emperor can walk once again, free to command us once more! Even if her time is short as say, Malcador the Hero's, who knows what could the Emperor could do?"
    Rhiannon shakes her head
    "No, that plan would be unrealistic. We don't have the forces to try such things in the Calixis sector. And informing them of the Golden Throne at all would be endanger the entire Imperium, as they had shown sympathetic tendency towards another astropath known as Xiao, likely to see the sacrifice to psykers to maintain the Imperium as unacceptable. We'd need things like the Sisters of Silence or Culexus assassins to even try to capture her and her allies, and that requires contacting and working with Holy Terra as well as.....someplace more secretive. We need to buy time to be more prepared for such a plan. Meanwhile we just let them have whatever outcasts and exiles they are likely to demand. In terms of philosophy and behavior I'd guess these renegades goals are similar to say, a Recongregator Inquisitor in terms of outlook, likely to go after the institutions, laws and rulers they believe to be rotting the Imperium's core so that they could reforge it newer and stronger. We let them have what they want now, send them on their way then hopefully they will deal with some outstanding problems for us while we prepare for them to come back, and write off anyone who becomes loyal to them as a traitor, we have humans to spare, and we'll be better prepared to deal with them at a later date. The worst thing they could is cause a civil war in the Imperium, which is better than the destruction of it entirely compared to our other foes."
    She explains it to them, but another Inquisitor grunts
    "I don't like this, this is reminding me of Inquisitor Kryptman. The last time we listened to someone like him about sending one enemy to fight another, we got the Octarius War and now we all sit and wait to see whether the Orks or the Tyranids emerge from it to kill the entire galaxy from getting stronger from fighting each other, with a flimsy picket fence of Cordon Impenetra to contain them. How do we know your plan won't cause a similar disaster?"
    "The difference between me and him, Inquisitor, is that my actions will save Imperial worlds from falling instead of wasting them on a scorched earth tactic that we can't feasibly do. As for Octarius....what are the Tyranids going to do, devour her and incorporate whatever gene that makes her a near-God-Emperor level psyker thus dooming us all?"
    Her rhetorical question is met with glares and stony silence, letting the stupidity of her question sink in.
    ".....Oh right, knowing our luck thats exactly what would happen."
    "Rhiannon Lekkens...." the Lord Inquisitor "Explain why we shouldn't just exile you from the Inquisition right here and now."
    "Exile!? For what reason?"
    "It is a divine commandment from the God-Emperor that all psykers found be taken on the Black Ships. The only safe psyker is one that is in the Imperium's control. This "in control near-god emperor level psyker" could just be some deception from the Archenemy. No possibility is too bad to contemplate. Your action to delay their capture while sensible given our current resources is still too much risk to accept. Your plan is sound and we will use it, but you yourself have potentially become corrupt through interaction with such a powerful entity and the seed of heresy could be planted, to reveal itself later. after all if they so much more powerful than you, they could've manipulated your mind to make you work out such a deal with them. Therefore there is no guarantee that you won't manipulate us all into a trap where this Alexandra wins against us, corrupted by whatever thoughts or manipulations they planted within you. Therefore....why not exile you, and make you the new rogue trader in charge of the ship they'll be getting? There is after a spare Warrant of trade around after that arrest of one smuggling xenotech."
    "You hypocritical bastards! I took the most reasonable possible option to ensure we all live, gave you the best chance to use this situation to our advantage! And your just taking my plan then cutting me out of it because I MIGHT be corrupted!? There is no evidence that I am corrupted, no evidence that this rogue psyker is apart of Chaos! This is all mere suspicion!"
    "You forget, Lekkens, the motto of the Inquisition: Innocence Proves Nothing. Thus evidence is meaningless. Just because you think you know your innocent, doesn't mean you are. Your interactions with this Alexandra might've already compromised you. If your truly a servant of the Emperor still, you'll relish this chance to serve him, to prove us wrong by being a spy in her ranks instead of a spy for her in ours. And if you do turn traitor, best that we keep you away from anything important no?"
    "I thought the Inquisition was about protecting humanity."
    the lord Inquisitor stares down at her with contempt.
    "We are- the way we have done so for ten thousand years, EX-Inquisitor Lekkens."

Soon:
    After some time while you discuss demands, a voxcaster is thrown into Iota-Phi's house from the shadows and whoever did it runs away while the vox speaks in bitter, angry edges to her tone:
    "Hello. Its me, Rhiannon Lekkens. the Inquisition is going with my plan and will not harm the underhives on this planet, but have altered it to strip me of my rank and force me to be the rogue trader on the ship you will be using. They do not trust telepathic communication and think I'm potentially corrupted, and don't want anyone else to be potentially corrupted or subverted by talking to you, so I'm being used as a spokeswoman for them. Do not bother protesting my innocence, it proves nothing. What are your further demands?"

You have had time to think and discuss this, so don't feel as if you need to rush your demands or anything.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Wait. Just because artificial intelligence is outlawed, that doesn't mean we don't have any. Come outside, I'll show you something good."

Ezekiel noticed that his Titan was teleported just outside the shack, so he beckons for everyone to follow him out. When they do, he will begin introducing XS to those who haven't previously met him.

"Manyclops, Iota-Phi, meet XS-5072. XS, Manyclops and my friend Iota-Phi 34."

The massive combat mech acknowledges the two with a "Greetings. I am Ezekiel's Titan."
    We are FREE of

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Iota-Phi and Manyclops Grapple with Robophobia:
    They nervously follow outside and regard the AI-mech with fear, Iota shivering while Manyclops eyes all over her body are wide and staring straight at XS. Keep in mind, that about fifteen thousand years of it being outlawed and warned against in their culture, raising these two for their entire lives is at work here. This is a fear older than the Imperium of Man itself. It is at this point, near primal in how ingrained it is, much like the fear of snakes or other predators. They cannot overcome this in mere seconds.
    "That-it-that....it.....er....why'd you put it in a big....walking...machine...with guns...? Is it really that....friendly towards you?" asks Manyclops
    "Observation: I-I-I-I-I am both fascinated and terrified." he says, stuttering like a computer does in his speech "Its like an Im-m-m-perial Knight but more blocky and utilitarian, why do you not decorate it with the colors and heraldry of your house? Shouldn't you need to appease it in some manner? It is a titan that can destroy everyone here, why is it no-o-o-o-o-t lording its superiority over us? Are our guns safe from being taken over by it? Could it take me over? Oh Omnissiah what if its possessed by a daemon!?"
    "Wait, vehicles be possessed by daemons!?" Manyclops says
    "Yes. Once had to blow up a tank possessed by one. Shame, was a Leman Russ tank. good pattern."
    "but why is no one coming to steal it? You'd think some dumb bloke try to steal it fer a joy-ride down here....:
    Manyclops with one her eyes grown on her back spies all the other underhive gangers hiding and cowering in the shadows, not going near Iota's shack.
    "What're you lot doing there!?"
    "We's staying away from the big metal cogboy contraption that can talk and has big guns!" they answer back. "Why you so close to it!? You gotta a death wish!? Back away slowly maybe it won't see you as a threat if you don't make any sudden movements!"
    "Such a measure is useless, this one is 86% sure that is advice for avoiding creatures of the ursine category being misapplied."
    "you mean those scary folk tale beasties called bears some planets have?" Manyclops asks
    "No. there are many species worse than mere bears in the ursine category. Why are we talking about ursine creatures, a terrifying Silica Animus, an AI is in front us!"
    "Thanks mate, there goes the talk to distract me from that!"
    "You mean thats not one of them machine spirits yer always talkin' about!?" one of the gangers shout from the back
    "Most definitely not. Machine spirits are completely different from AI."
    ".....How?" Manyclops asks
    "The machine spirits have/are souls, AI do not."
    "But.....how do you know that them there metal guy doesn't have a soul and why would that matter to 'im trying to kill us all? Lots of people have souls and still kill other people." Manyclops points out
    Iota-Phi 34 raises a metal finger but can't find a response to that.
    "So....how do you know them machine spirits aren't just....AI too?" Manyclops asks fearfully.
    Iota-Phi is pensive, deep in thought at this, still staring at XS.
    ".....How do I know, indeed?"

Ensara:
    "I believe there is a couple specific people I think our group wants, see there is this Astropath Xiao, I think he might not have been imprisoned legally, and also we might want this blank in the precinct fortress, called Nebette I think?"
    "....Why in the Emperor's name do you want a blank?" asks Rhiannon
    "They're interesting. Y'know want to learn about them, how they work, that sort of thing. Curiosity."
    "A dangerous trait to have in these times, but okay."
    "As for the crew for this vessel, we probably won't need as big a crew as you normally gather for this vessel as I'll be taking measures to ensure certain things aren't....necessary, but its still a matter of ethics for us as to where they come from. We do not want anyone unwilling to come with us. Xiao and Nebette will be given a choice to come with us or not of course."
    "You'd be that open to people turning you down?"
    "Of course! Every individual chooses their own way in life- but that won't stop me from making my best sales pitch for coming with us, won't it? You have a choice to, Rhiannon Lekkens. Just because your not welcome in the Inquisition doesn't mean you HAVE to come with us, necessarily."
    "My other option isn't conducive to my survival."
    "For now, sure, logical, but! There is always the next choice."
    "Of very many bad options."
    "But hey at least you can choose! But to continue focusing on the negotiation: Where exactly within this sector would you go for some technological upgrades?"
    "The Lathe Worlds, the center of tech priest power in the sector but why, you can't possibly go there before you acquire the ship."
    "Oh I don't need it! Its more of a courtesy or service I'm helping to acquire for everyone else. Everyone's got to have a home, even if its only a temporary one. That and I doubt anyone among my new acquaintances/friends wants to order slaves to load the cannons in battle. I'll be off getting boring tech from the Mechanicus since they are probably hoarding the good stuff. Be back....soon-ish. Don't finalize the deal without me."
    "Thats not the point, how are you getting there without a ship!?"
    Silence. Ensara has teleported away.
    "....She is already gone isn't she?"

On Lathe-Hesh:
    She will arrive on Lathe-Hesh in an alley. She will see tech priests in their red robes and cog designs, her form becomes mirror-reflective quicksilver flowing into a new shape, settling into a tech priest , asking a tech priest where she might find the spaceship yards, as she is a tech priest from off world come here on pilgrimage work on such holy machines. She is directed to the Ordinatus Yards, she thanks the tech priest then teleports there when out of sight, there she continues her infiltration, looking at the ships and automation they had with blue mana magic, scanning them and how they work and using her superhuman Exalt skills to copy down the designs she sees on paper.

It is not something she can do instantly; her writing is faster than any human, accurate as if a computer had printed it out, her blue divination magic is great, but she has to do it in bursts when tech priests are not looking, and she has to examine multiple ships, automated manufactoriums and the like due to not knowing what ship they'll be getting. And sure she could probably using her artificer knowledge and magic to make replacement automation, but its best to draw upon the native universes technological principles- the more complex the machine, the more moving parts and things that can go wrong. Introducing entirely different rules into it further increases complexity. And these machines are very complex. Some of them, most certainly the creations of a society more advanced than the Imperium- given their backwards superstitious ways, she wagered some of the tech she saw counted as relics. Every so often she looks down at her notes and sees little flaws that from her deductions are signs of imperfect copies- no person making these things knowing what are doing would make these mistakes. They must be taking these designs as immutable recipes or something when they don't realize that the recipes and instructions themselves are flawed. She will have to correct these when she is done copying the designs down.
    <Zinara: and why aren't you collecting other knowledge here?>
    <Ensara: Because I'm not with the other Jumpers! If I was alone in this jump sure I'd be going full hog, but I'd rather adventure with them than without, and why spoil the fun of discovery? I'm doing this because spaceship auto-loaders are some obscure tech that isn't interesting and just makes our lives ethically easier, the fun stuff are things we discover together.>

23. - Top - End - #113

"Yeah. She has. I'm going to b blunt, she's an exalt, they do that. If we're going to be traveling together, you should probably know that were travelers from other universes here against our will."

"And I have some companions who should probably be consulted on this if we're assembling a crew. I don't want to leave them cooped up in my warehouse and that means that they need to be able to get along with people. Give me a moment."

Alexandra opens her Warehouse, steps into, heads from there to her manor, and then steps back out.

A few minutes later a girl a little younger than Alexandra steps out of the warehouse. Her pale skin is tinted green, as are the whites of her eyes, with a lock of red hair in her otherwise dark brown. She's dressed in what can best be described as a "little red riding hood outfit" made entirely out of still living, vibrant green leaves of differant sizes, though her legs and feet are bare. She sits down next to Alexandra after taking in the interior of Manyclops shack.

Is Molly coming?

"She'll be here in a minute, she insisted on putting on her makeup."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

"I've got a smaller walking machine. It's got... an esoteric power source, I'm afraid, but I've got a stockpile already if we need it." It's not as intelligent, since it doesn't have a brain, though Edward doesn't have the drugs the City Watch gave their tallboy pilots to reduce their empathy and ability to feel pain. Hopefully they won't need it, as it's probably inferior to an Imperial Guard Sentinel, especially the armoured ones.

Edward's going to take this opportunity to walk around the Titan and investigate it properly, though.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Ezekiel answers Manyclops and Iota's questions as they come, with XS chiming in too occasionally.

"Well, I didn't make him. The IMC did. That said, the versatility of a bipedal design such as a Titan's is unparalleled. And he definitely isn't a mean AI. I would know." To be honest, Ezekiel's known one or two AIs more malignant than XS, so their fear isn't completely unexplained to him. GlaDOS and Claptrap come to mind, pathetic as the latter is.

"My house? As in, my faction? I just didn't feel like spending the credits on a paintjob. Two different missile launchers is individuality enough, in my opinion." Personalising your Titan is more of a Militia thing. Then again, there are few Titans like XS in the IMC anyways.

"He doesn't need to be appeased or anything like that." "I would appreciate it if you cleaned the Leadwall more often." "Oh, okay. I'll keep that in mind. Anyways, a large ego is something Titans are not known for."

"I lack the capability to hijack other devices or prosthetics remotely. Were my Core to be removed, however, the AI could then be manually installed to anything capable of supporting it."

When Iota-Phi asks what happens if XS is possessed by a demon, Ezekiel is actually slightly startled. He did not know that was a thing that could happen.

"I... well, if we should find ourselves against enemy demons, I'll simply have to pilot XS manually to ensure they can't take control of him."

"Titans cannot be so easily stolen by unauthorised persons. Even if one managed to find their way into the cockpit, their lack of a neural link or any specialised training means they would make little to no progress."

"Indeed. Backing away slowly protects you from bears, not Titans."

Ezekiel doesn't have anything to add when the conversation switches to machine spirituality, since he barely even believed in souls until earlier today.
    We are FREE of

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Rhiannon:
    She blinks at the new information Alexandra gives her
    "Exalt? What do you mean she is some form of high praise? and other universes? What are you jabbering on about? Y'know what tell me later when we're person again."
    some of the Inquisitors whisper she might already be going crazy, like when you read certain books.

Iota-Phi:
    He noticeably relaxes a bit when you say it can't take control of things.
    "Oh. Good. I was worried. Apparently you aren't as advanced as what I've heard of some legends about tech priests encountering really old technology."
    Iota-Phi emits some weird white noise that you think might be the tech priest equivalent of a chuckle when XS says about cleaning its gun more often.
    "It seems that the cleaning rituals of machinery is universal no matter how different things otherwise are. As for being taken over...admittedly, I can't comment. The Ex-Inquisitor we're apparently getting however probably knows all about such matters. The knowledge I have is little compared to what she may be able to tell us."
    "Ah...I see." he says to Edward. "Well at least your walker won't surprise us like this one."

Ensara:
    She will sooner or later gather all the information needed and teleport back then morph back into her normal form but with a change of clothes: Her wuxia outfit is gone, replaced by this more victorian style wear of a navy blue coat, black pants and boots, white shirt with red vest underneath, and gold lining all over her vest and coat- with some gold skull buttons to fit in.
    "So what are the changes in the deal?"
    She asks
    "They literally didn't demand anything."
    "Really? Wow. prime opportunity to demand tech to study or something more, but....you guys just choose not to and focus on other things. Okay, but negotiations are a bit boring I understand. If there are no further demands, I need the representative of this conclave to swear an oath to not go back on the deal or harm the underhives of this planet."
    She says, quickly hitting a few pressure points on herself for some reason.
    "Okay..."
    Rhiannon relays this and the Lord Inquisitor thinking it meaningless says and oath to that effect....only for a golden circle with a golden circle, the mark of the Eclipse Caste Solar Exalted to appear upon Ensara's brow while she proclaims
    "THE PACT HAS BEEN SANCTIFIED. Don't break your promise if you know whats good for you!"
    Nothing seemingly happened on their end, but there was a sudden feeling as if they were bound to something.
    "...What did you do?"
    "Oh its nothing but a replication of a magic that makes sure they'll suffer a terrible curse if this conclave decides to go against the deal made. As long as this conclave is true to their word, there should be no problem."
    "...But what if the underhives shelter some threat to the Imperium within them? The Calixian Conclave won't be able to respond!"
    "That is not my problem. Nor is it yours anymore, Rogue Trader Rhiannon. There are greater things to be done than solving the problems of a single world. Now if you'll excuse me..."

If no one has any other business to do, this will occur over the next few hours:
    Ensara will walk out to the gangs and offer
    "Hello! I'm Ensara, Nadir Caste Infernal Exalted, Planeswalker and many other things besides. I am offering a few thousand of you the chance of a lifetime! How would like to traverse the stars in a spaceship!? I cannot promise full safety- we will be going on adventures, and a certain level of risk is assumed and I there will be a few rules to follow such as no infighting, but you will be able to see other worlds, travel beyond these underhive confines! There will be a lot of space on said ship and I do hope some of you will join me in this endeavor."
    After a few speeches like that, promises of payment to some gangs, or some other desire which she seemed to readily agree to such as fighting, or curing their mutations and so on. If asked how she intends to fulfill all these promises she will simply wink and say "Worry not I'll figure it out later."

After that is done, she will teleport a few times more times more to gather things like crops from a nearby agri world which seems to be a bunch of high yield ones like corn, wheat, rice, potatoes. Manyclops with oddly hopeful ideas will ask whats it like an agri-world and Ensara will respond
    "Ugh don't go to an agri world, basically a planet sized industrial farm, complete with pesticides and fertilizer sprays."
    And she was pretty sure that the agri-worlds atmosphere was completely unbreathable to normal humans due to the pollution. Her next teleport would be slightly longer, brining back metals and other materials claiming that she went to a mining world and got distracted by giving a speech to someone to encourage them to start a revolution there.

Sooner or later, a meeting place of neutral ground would be decided for the Inquisitors to hand off Rhiannon, Xiao and Nebette, and everyone will go there, some atmosphere-capable ships being parked here to transport people up to the ship, which was according to Rhiannon some Firestorm-class naval frigate known as the "Sabre", a good vessel for a rogue trader according to Rhiannon that has apparently seen a millennium of service in the navy but got impounded when its previous rogue trader owner got arrested. The Navigator has apparently already gotten on the ship since she served on it before. Xiao, soon agrees to come along as he never liked Lord Marshal Goreman anyways. For Nebette, the persuasion is a little more involved:
    "Hey I'm Nebette, assassin, and apparently something called a blank now, whats all this about going on a ship with you?"
    "Oh, its all up to your choice of course, but I can promise you: if you come with us, these Inquisitors won't be able to take you again for whatever they plan to do to to you, I'll make sure your protected. Well....unless you go to the underhives of this planet, I have bound them in a contract of sorts so they won't harm those places. But ask yourself: would you rather be mobile and see the galaxy, or hide out in the underhives of Scintilla forever?"
    "I am going to say this now: you DON'T want to find out what they'll make you into if your shipped off to the Officio Assassinorum." Rhiannon adds in.
    "....Yeah, the Inquisition is scary, I'll take that offer of protection."
    "Very good."

When that is done, the ships will take you all and even have a ship to transport XS up there to the Sabre: an 1.8 kilometer long ship, looking like a giant cathedral with a red ship's prow turned upside down at the end, with a gigantic cannon attached under it, like this cannon itself is fraction of the ship's own length. Manyclops says as she gazes upon it says wide eyed:
    "Wow....its so big."
    "Eh" Rhiannon says dismissively "This class of ship is the smallest armed vessels in the imperial navy. Nothing but escorts for larger ones, lightly armored, barely any shields. Really fast though. It will work for our purposes."

When they get on the Sabre, Ensara will say
    "And now to go work out the self-sufficient hydroponics and the auto-loaders. You guys can feel free to familiarize with the ship."
    She will call up one of her souls from her inner world, a completely blue woman wearing a scientist's coat and having various gadgets upon her, looking like a scientist cross between a gadgeteer, and she seems completely stoic or even emotionless.
    "Prolimas, you work on the auto-loaders, I'll take the hydroponics."
    "Very well, my world-jouten."
    They will walk off in separate directions to do their tasks. Rhiannon will sigh and say
    "Best I figure things out myself. I have no illusion that I have any power compared to any of you however; given your wild claims and powers, my authority probably means very little to you. I do guess we have a lot of questions for each other, I'll be up at the bridge if you have need of me and if you want to come, you can ask me whatever you want as you walk, as long as you answer mine in turn."
    Iota-Phi will let you know he will going off to inspect the warp engines and other technology of the Sabre.

((OOC: like seriously this ship and its cannon is really big:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Ezekiel doesn't have much to do, though he does go into his warehouse to make sure he's topped up on Conversion Gel - he plans to coat the ship's walls in it so he'll be able to Portal from place to place.

He also does a double take at Ensara's change of outfit, but doesn't say anything.

When he sees Nebette, he gives her a friendly smile. That is someone he wants as an ally and friend, so he wants to make a good first impression.

He gives a slight chuckle when he sees XS flying in his own shuttle. "How's first class, XS? Hehe."

The ship's size isn't what suprises him so much as its design. He's not new to the concept of starships, after all.

Once he's on the ship, he will go with Iota-Phi to inspect the warp engines, saying 'Always fun to see how different manufacturers achieve FTL. Who made this ship, anyway?"
    We are FREE of

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

Edward also visits his warehouse, putting the Eviscerator down next to the slightly bigger and far more primitive Koloss sword he also keeps there. He doesn't get changed, though, but does ensure he's refilled his ammunition supply. On the journey up to the ship, he sneezes a little and occasionally coughs; he's healed the injury from the stormtrooper's knife, and now he's topping up the stored health in his ring, which is making him slightly ill.

His first stop on the ship is claiming a room for himself, ideally with a window or screen to look outside. Unlike some of his companions, he's never actually been on a spaceship before, or any vehicle larger than a train. And this ship probably has its own train to help people get around. So he's going to be very interested in exploring.

29. - Top - End - #119

When Ensara returns, it coincides with another young girl cartwheeling out of the entrance fo Alexandra's Warehouse and landing, with perfect balance, on the palms of her hands. She then lifts a hand to balance on one just one hand.

"Tada!"

The other girl facepalms.

She's dressed in a hot pink and dark blue gymnastics uniform, full body, with a matching jesters cap in a checkerboard pattern and is wearing white grease paint with black eyeshadow and lipstick, giving the appearance of a...

She's Harley Quinn. Anyone with a passing familiarity with DC comics will look at these two girls and see them as a de-aged Harley and Ivy with the serial numbers filed off.

Over the next several days they'll introduce themselves: The Harley-alike calls herself "Mad" Molly Quinn. The other girl insists on Poison Rose, or just Rose, with the note that only Alexandra and Molly can call her "Pamela."

It is abundantly clear that the two are functional when together but have some kind of co-dependency. They get uncomfortable when apart. Molly is otherwise outgoing, but Rose is withdrawn.

She's also very clearly uncomfortable with the lack of natural foliage anywhere on this planet and quickly gets to work fixing it: By the time you head off to the handoff, the Underhive is full of mutant plants giving it quite a lot of greenery and splotches of other colors. Of particular notes are several trees that produce in abundance strange fruits that are... Probably the best thing anyone in the Underhive has ever eaten with new crops occuring often..

She says that the plants shouldn't need water or sunlight and that if anyone hurts her babies she will know and she will not be happy.

One of the trees suddenly grew a fanged mouth when she said that. It seemingly melts away after the threat, but...

Molly meanwhile, states point blank that she will murder anyone who tries to **** with her head "and Pammy will take care of the bodies."

Another thing of note: The two girls seem to know intuitively when someone can't be trusted.

On the ship proper, Rose grabs Molly by the hand to follow after Ensara to see what she's up to with the Hydroponics.

Alexandra follows Rhiannon to the bridge.

"The closest thing to an Exalt, like Ensara, in your worldview would probably be a... Living Saint? It's far from a strict one-to-one, but..."

"...Honestly, between my status as an Amazon and the Green Flame and Power Cosmic, that's probably an apt metaphor for myself as well."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Iota-Phi:
    you find in the safest most deepest part of the ship, the warp drive located for safety and security.
    He says
    "Explanation: A ship like this? well let see...."
    He pulls up the ship's service record on a cogitator, his wires interfacing his mind with it directly
    "Constructed in the fleet base of Port Maw, Gothic Sector. It was launched in M36. This ship is over 5000 years old. Unsurprising. All things considered, it is a younger vessel by comparison to the true relics in the Imperial Navy, far more powerful than this. As for the warp drive..."
    The screen changes to show a simulation of the ship opening a giant portal into another dimension and enter into it, then it closes. Seemingly simple. The numbers running by however tell the real story: the ships actual speed never actually passes the speed of light. The portal is not a singularity, and does not obey a singularities mathematics, nor any hypothetical wormholes. Rather its claiming that space is being torn and re-sealed by this process- in complete defiance of material physics. But then there is the mathematics to REACH this result and it gets weirder: its like....someone combined astrophysics and occult numerology: the cogitator does 666 calculations, with each four calculations having the result of four, each five the result of five, and the same goes for seven and thirteen. Almost as if the warp engine through its calculations is chanting something in the language of mathematics. Just looking at these mathematics you can't help but feel as if something is a little...off. Wrong about it. As if the very equations to make this happen wasn't from this material reality. Using the cogitator to gaze upon the engines internals, you furthermore see things like circles with six pointed stars drawn within them much like ritual circles, carved into metal and surrounded by more math used as occult symbols. As the ship enters the Immaterium in the simulation, some shield automatically goes up as apart of the process, called a Geller Field that seems to project a....bubble of reality around the ship to protect it from....the cogitator doesn't seem to simulate what the ship is being protected from. As if no one bothered to try. As if no one wants to try.

This....this might not be science. This is magic- and not in the clarke's third law sense. This is "summon demons from hell" magic, this is stuff that could one quite easily imagine using to summon the devil using five skulls, a star drawn on the floor and a drop of blood while chanting some black speech of the damned. Except arguably, more advanced and seemingly focused on going in and out of the Immaterium. And all this was just a simulation of what the warp engine actually did. Then Iota-Phi cuts off the simulation
    "Observation: that was.....disturbing. I have not seen the secrets of a warp engine before. This is not like any of the other technology I've come across. If a tech priest tried to invent something like this on their own, they'd certainly be killed for heresy. There is an unsettling amount of similarity between this and some of the rituals of chaos cultists I've fought against."

Ensara:
    Prolimas will busy telekinetic construct the auto-loaders into place, while Ensara builds the hydroponic garden with seven arms each one a color of the rainbow in emulation of Oramus hovering around her, both of them working at superhuman speeds to construct these things. When Molly and Pamela witness her constructing it, the seven arms were working as blurs, carrying various tools doing multiple tasks at the same time. She looks at them as she constructs the garden smiling
    "Why hello! Aren't you two little adorable companions? I like what you did with the plants in the hive. Very green mana, could never figure out how to connect to nature myself, unfortunately. Good on you."
    She will construct the garden and let Rose grow whatever plants she wants.

Rhiannon:
    "That....makes sense. Disturbing and what I've raised my whole life to regard as heresy because only the God-Emperor is worthy of worship, but makes sense. I hate it when heresy makes sense." she says shaking her head. "There are even more gods out there other than the God-Emperor. you said something about other universes? Why have you come then? To invade ours? To scout us out for greater force? The Imperium will defend what they have conquered to the last breath, if need be. The human spirit is indomitable and is the thing that has allowed us to endure for ten thousand years. Even the humblest of civilians in the Imperium can still give their live for the Emperor after all. You are not even the scariest horrors I've seen or faced. You may be more powerful than a lot of them sure, but your kindness is your weakness."
    It sounds more like she is trying to cope with the situation and tell things to herself than to you.
    "You'll probably end up getting trick by some Chaos cult trying to exploit your naivete or something. You'll all do something stupid and self-sacrificial like some Salamander or overzealous Adepta Sororitas and everything will be back to grim as normal. This is fine. Everything is fine."
    She then turns on a screen to speak to some woman with a third eye, in nobles clothes
    "Navigator Chrimyra Agnissa. I am your Rogue Trader, Rhiannon Lekkens"
    Chrimyra speaks with a noble accent.
    "Yes rogue trader....lets get this straight, You know what I am, Rhiannon. I hold all the cards. None of you are getting anywhere without me. I don't care what your little band of heretics can supposedly do, I don't care if the God-Emperor of Mankind himself is on this vessel and could vaporize me with a twitch of his glorious eyebrows, if none of them can navigate the Warp, I want my demands met: I am not just sitting around in the navigator's room, I want to be able to do other things with my life, have some time on planets so I can have some fun before I have to gaze into the infinite terrors of all thought again just to transport everyone else where they need to go, AGAIN."
    "....Navigator....you do know your not supposed to talk about what you see while you gaze into the Warp." she reminds her.
    "Oh cut it with the Inquisitor talk, you know that is not your job anymore! I'm being vague enough. If anything your at fault for bringing the child up here to listen to secretive matters instead of making sure she plays on the decks with the rest of the common folk. Anyways I expect reasonable time off on planets when not warp travelling so that I may relax, with good protection of course, because if I'm going to be so VITAL to travel, I expect the arrangement I had with the previous rogue trader to hold so my mind doesn't break from seeing things constantly that most others go gibbering at seeing even once, I hope its not too much to ask?"
    Rhiannon sighs and mutters something under her breath about 'frakking Navigators' then says
    "I'll see what I can do, Navigator Chrimyra."