New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Jumpers vs. 40k IC1: Worst. Isekai. Ever.

The Bridge.

"Actually I'm like... 70. Child's body, not actually a child. I can also teleport astronomical distances under my own power. I started with intersystem and it's been growing steadily stronger for the last forty years. This whole ship is more a base of operations than a strict travel necessity."

"As for your earliar question... When I was nearly thirty, I lived on the planet that you know as Terra. But... No advanced technology, no Xenos, no Chaos, no Psykers, No God-Emporer. I discovered a game, thought it was interesting, played around with it, and then one night I was visited in a dream by a being who asked if I was sure about my recent choices, and then woke up in another world with two sets of memories."

"As for how we ended up here... I have no clue. I had at least a nominal choice the first but this time I just randomly spawned in."

The Garden.

"...Mana? It uses The Green but there's no magic involved..."

Molly suddenly grabs Rose possessively and glares at Ensara.

"What' ya angle?"
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

The Bridge

"I was bored on my way to work, drifted off and dreamt of a thing offering me adventure. That was... oh, thirty years ago, I think. I've had adventure since, witnessed the fall of an empire ruled by one man for a thousand years, survived plagues and famine, political upheaval, civil war and prevented dragons from ending the world before its time. I've met kings, jarls, emperors, wizards, Mistborn, abbots, priests and all sorts of things, and fought assassins, Mistings, Steel Inquisitors- not like you, you haven't had spikes driven through your head- dragons, thugs, and vampires. And I've seen whales in the Void, the afterlife of heroes, the return of flowers, and now I'm travelling through space. I'm still not ready to go back; not sure I ever will be." And he's aware the other Jumpers have probably seen things equally impressive, bizarre, and scary, even if not the same things.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Ezekiel looks at the whole thing with a terrified and more than a little disgusted expression. This isn't science he's looking at. It can't be. Can it? Whatever it is, it was awful and yet, like a train wreck, he couldn't look away.

"That surpassed disturbing in the 13th damn second. It broke at least one law of physics, and I'm pretty sure if someone tried to invent that on Earth they'd be killed by their peers."

He decloaks his Pilot helmet, hiding his face, gives a long sigh, and says to Iota "I'm going to go find the bar. See you later, buddy."

Then, he heads out, wallriding and parkouring through the ship to move faster and take his mind off what he just saw. He runs and jumps all the way to the bridge, where he acknowledges the congregation with a "Oh, hey. What are we all doing here? Oh, and does anyone know where the bar is," He still sounds a little grumpy.
    We are FREE of
    BEER! As in, we don't have any beer.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Ensara: The Garden
    "Well, its my personal theory that because powers picked up by Jumpers can work anywhere that the systems that support them can also work anywhere. Meaning everything on some level interacts with magic the gathering colors or it wouldn't work. Or maybe the omnipotent patrons that make this possible make an exception for us in way even I can't comprehend who knows."
    She chuckles a little at Molly's actions
    "D'aaaaaaw! Your attached already! Worry not, I meant nothing but a compliment for being able to do something I cannot. No matter how powerful I am, I've got to keep some level of perspective y'know. I do find it adorable that you think I'd be so disrespectful as to steal another Jumper's companion away from them and more importantly, interfere other people's relationships. Also I have a type when it comes to women, and its being at least 5 feet tall and 18 human years of mental age, I'm many kinds of weird but not that kind of weird!"
    All the while her seven rainbow arms finish the garden.

Rhiannon:
    "And..... making a deal with an entity you don't know....this turned out well for you? That is the most unbelievable part of that story. How do you know the entity empowering you isn't using you for some nefarious end? How do you know this will turn out well for you in the end?"
    She considers this
    "But then again everyone I know making a deal with a daemon ending up damned and killed and someone coming along only benefitting from a deal and rubbing it in my face would be the exactly the kind of absurdity the universe- or perhaps the Archenemy- would throw at me, just to taunt me with the unfairness of it all. Are you sure one of the Chaos Gods didn't teleport you here as some kind of sick joke? I wouldn't put it past them."
    She shakes her head
    "and then there is who.. was it this Edward fellow here? apparently getting his powers from apparently, falling asleep! Even more unfair. The universe just doesn't drop good things into our laps. Thats NEVER how that works. There has to be some catch or something to your appearance, there has to be. Some doom that is unwittingly happening because your here or something."
    she then hands Ezekiel a map of the ship. An actual paper map detailing the ship like a city from the medieval ages, with various locations labeled. The Sabre's Bar is one of them, judging from this map its the size of an actual full bar.
    "Word has it that a man with a multiple arms mutation has become the bartender....though I'm not sure how he got the amasec. Maybe Ensara stole a bunch and put it in at some point."

Chrimyra:
    "Okay. Thats a lot of boasting, but does that mean I need to do my job or not?"
    She says with an arched eyebrow.
    "Assuming your not just delusional about all the things you just said."
    "They probably aren't Navigator. I have yet to witness their full power but....I'd advise you to take what they say seriously." Rhiannon says
    "Okay. Do I do my job or can this small child transport this entire vessel without me? It'd be nice to be useless for once, if only so I don't have to look the frakking Warp."
    "Navigator! Don't you talk like that, you know every human must be useful for the God-Emperor and the Imperium. I need you to navigate this ship even if they don't." Rhiannon reminds her.
    "Fine....fine..." she says rolling her eyes and signing off.
    Rhiannon turns to them.
    "Anyways, do you want to review what threats there are to the galaxy and pick one to travel to? I'm a rogue trader, we can go wherever we want. I can sense your power, I know your ones in command here. Not me."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

5. - Top - End - #125

The Bridge.

"I mean, I'm sure it was a deal from her end but I was asleep when I agreed. Completly honest I'm not even sure if it's fair to call me the same person as the guy who made the 'deal.' Beyond that, well, again. It's been forty years from my perspective and I could have died at any time in that time. There isn't exactly much in the way that's of benefit to throwing me into a zombie-infested hellhole and letting me flounder while genocidal machines hunt me down and try to kill me because they think it will avert an impossible future where the planet is ruled by 12 powerful and benevolent meta-mutants, an immortal Megalomaniac has decided that ruining my life is more important that dealing with the plague of cannibalistic corpse-men devouring all life in the Universe, and the only God who hadn't either been infected or abandoned the mortal world was actively trying to drive me insane with cosmic math."

"...And yet, at the same time, nothing I went through isn't something that my orignal self didn't ask for... If the being who empowered us is operating by the rules of the game-prompt that I filled out, then their motivation is probably the same: Entertainment. They were bored and thought that giving us power and then letting us lose in other worlds would be an interesting diversion."

"And... Excuse me."

Alexandra teleports away.

The Garden

"Well that wasn't where I was going but thanks, nice to know that's where ya mind went," Molly replies sarcastically.

Rose at first seems confused. Then she gets it and starts panicking.

Shortly afterward Alexandra teleports in.

"What's wr—"

"I would like to go back to the warehouse now," Rose says a little too fast. Alexandra opens up her warehouse and Rose rushes inside.

"Ya new friend is weird, Alex," Molly says while following after.

Alexandra closes the door after them.

"So... I'm going to assume that whatever you did to prompt Rose's PTSD was an accident. She would have attacked you if it was on purpose."
    Last edited by Rater202; 2022-10-14 at 07:00 AM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Ensara:
    "It was an accident. Its not my fault you make the whole age thing confusing. I picked eternal young adult for my immortal vanity like a sane transhuman. But then perhaps its my fault for not asking if they were actual children or not.

....also if we're going fight each other pointlessly about stupid slights can we at least agree to take it to some planet where some horrible army or aliens or other horror is duking it out if/when we do? I just finished this garden and I'm pretty sure this is like, the one universe where people won't care about the collateral damage or the massive amounts of lives lost from our attacks missing each other and hitting no end of genocidal idiots. Like we could probably make a game of throwing nukes at each other and dodging so that an army of evil horrors dies instead and that would just be par for the course for this galaxy. I'll have fun with a pointless fight over me accidentally traumatizing your companion if thats what you want to do, I just want to make sure the pointless overly destructive duel at least does some good here."

She says, not being very concerned about any of this.

7. - Top - End - #127

Alexandra gestures to herself.

"This is the result of a drawback. Little tip? If you get to choose your next jump and you look at Marvel Comics Kid Heroes? The time extender in that one isn't worth it. Been thirteen for 40 years."

"I'm not gonna fight you, it's just... Those two are half-Batman villain and half-traumatized preteen runaway. Literally, they're from the Amalgam universe, where DC got fused with Marvel. The point is that they put on a strong front but they're fragile and, well, we just spent 40 years in an unaging zombie apocalypse. I had planned to go to a nice low conflict setting next so we could relax, I could get an adult body back, and they'd get a chance to grow up but... The point is they have issues."

"...I'll talk to them once Rose has had some time to calm down, just... For future reference, they both come from abusive homes and had some really bad experiences with manipulative and exploitative people once they got out of those homes. Molly tends to just get angry when her issues are triggered but Rose panics."
    Last edited by Rater202; 2022-10-14 at 09:40 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

Bridge

"I can't teleport that far, or teleport others. It's just me I can move, not anyone or anything else. Unless I can carry it, I suppose." And unfortunately Edward's not a Feruchemist or a Pewterarm, able to increase his strength far beyond human norms. He's still stronger than he looks, from various things he's achieved and choices made whilst he was slaying dragons, but not strong enough to lift a whole spaceship. And Blink won't travel very far even if he could.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Ensara:
    She says
    "....Yeah, sorry. My stupid tendency to run my mouth again. I know a thing or two about manipulative people- there are two kinds of social Exalts for every one combat, stealth and scholar kind, and when people are given supernatural social abilities to influence people, nations, entire cultures.....words can become more effective chains and prisons than anything more concrete. Whoever came up with the old adage about sticks and stones knew squat about politics or psychology. I'll keep their issues in mind in the future, okay?"

Rhiannon: The Bridge
    She raises her eyebrow. Despite their seeming desire for heroism, they seem uninterested in acting upon their power. Directionless. She could use this. Perhaps they weren't as a big of a threat as she thought if they weren't going to plan out their actions or set any particular goals despite a question to ask to do just that. Which means she could direct them to destroy the threats to the Imperium as she pleases, giving them a goal to shoot for, then when they are no longer needed she could simply send them into a trap when all the other threats of the galaxy are taken care of!
    ".....Very well, if your not interested in discussing it, I have a goal we should focus on first: ending the Octarius War. the Orks and Tyranids are two highly dangerous xenos life forms, and the ones in the Octarius sector are fighting each other as a stalemate but are fast growing from fighting each other as a result, growing more and more powerful as there is no end to their conflict, and if either is victorious the Waaagh or hive fleet that emerges from the conflict will be unstoppable and seek to either devour or wage war on the rest of the galaxy for the fun of it. The Imperium already cannot handle the war due to too many resources needed to wipe about both of them, so if your so powerful we'll see if you four can solve a seemingly unsolvable problem.

Anything you want to do before we head off to the Octarius sector? traveling through the Warp will take a few days at the very least."

10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Thank you," Ezekiel says as he gives the map a good study before stuffing it in one of his lab coat's pockets. He makes note not only of the bar's location, but also the cabins.

"Well, let's see. Only things I'm planning to do currently are drink gin and repaint the walls. In that order," he says, before turning to head for the Sabre's Bar.

Just before leaving the area, he radios XS to say "Hey, XS. I need you to claim me a cabin. A good one, with lots of storage.". Then, he leaves, again picking up speed via wallriding.

XS

"Understood," XS replies to Ezekiel over the radio. Then, the Titan makes his across the ship and to the cabins, passing through the bridge on the way.
    We are FREE of

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

Bridge

"Well, I'd have to check with the others, but I think I have everything I need, at least." Edward has only the vaguest familiarity of this galaxy and the things in it, so whilst there's potentially things he'd like (and that Earl would like, too) he doesn't know enough to know what's available- particularly as the Galaxy is a large place, and what's common on one world may be unavailable elsewhere in the sector.

12. - Top - End - #132

Garden.

Okay, I'm going to head back to the bridge then.

Alexandra teleports out.

Bridge

"Sorry about that, something came up. Where were we?"

Alexandra will second talking it over among the main group.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Rhiannon: Oh no CHANGE COURSE! CHANGE COURSE!
    Oh no the telepathic telekinetic child pseudo-Emperor wants to talk it over. This was foolish, why did she think she could fool them, oh God Emperor nevermind.
    "Okay, okay. Nevermind about going to Octarius, lets assess the threats uh....as an overview...."
    She clears her throat as Ensara arrives.
    "There are about six major threats to the Imperium. I'll list them in terms of how threatening they are, with a short summary of what they are
    1-Tyranids
    a Xenos hivemind of bugs that devour everything in their path, coming from different galaxies so....they have probably devoured galaxies before this one. very adaptable on a genetic level often mutating in the middle of battle to adapting to the environment, can't be negotiated with, don't even seem to be sapient and completely united in trying to devour all other life. we know the least about this Xenos. existential threat to humanity
    2-Chaos
    four gods of chaos and their followers, dwell in a realm outside time and space, known as the Warp. can use psyker power and sorcery to completely defy all laws of reality to make any sick thing they want happen and want to corrupt all of humanity to their worship so they can feed on them. not sure if we can kill them entirely, but we've fought them off for ten thousand years so far, and they prone to infighting and illogical and self destructive actions. existential, ideological and spiritual to threat humanity, threatening even our eternal souls
    3-Orks
    A xenos that loves war, to fight, thinking it fun. They don't want to do anything else. Magos Biologis have studied them, they literally get depressed and die when they can't fight anything. they are much more hardy and strong than humans, when they die they release spores that grows new orks. they can somehow make improvised tech from anything through methods we do not know that can pose a threat to us now, yet are very stupid in many of their other actions. they are still an existential threat to humanity as the War of the Beast long ago once proved
    4-Necrons
    Xenos robots that are reactivating themselves from old ruins for some reason. Not very many of them awake, they seem to work at individual agendas but have proven hostile to others. They possess highly advanced technology, tech priests saying its the most advanced technology in the galaxy. proven hostile to the Imperium. major threat, but not yet existential.
    5-Eldar
    a dying race of xenos that manipulates situations to make humans die instead of themselves, or raids colonies to take them back to Comorragh for whatever depraved thing they desired to do to them. While few in number, they possess advanced psychic powers, mastery of the Webway and advanced technology. Their downfall is tied in with the rise of the Chaos Gods, as their decadence created Slaanesh, Chaos God of ecstasy, excess and pleasure who killed a lot of them. not an existential threat but are manipulative and crafty and can't be trusted.
    6-Tau
    Newcomers on the galactic stage. They dwell in Segmentum Ultima gathering minor xeno races under their cause of "The Greater Good", some stupid ideology where they manipulate others to be meat shields for them while they fire at you from range like cowards. Develop technology really fast compared to us, having gone from stone age to spacefaring in only 6000 years. Have converted even humans to their "Greater good", posing an ideological threat to the Imperium, but can be wiped out if we had the resources to spare.

There are a bunch of minor xenos races that aren't with the Tau, but they're not anything notable and can be wiped out when the Imperium gets around to them. There is also the ever present threat of heresy within the Imperium that isn't Chaos, but thats also relatively minor in comparison."
    Ensara raises an eyebrow and says
    "....Are you sure about all of these? These Tau in particular doesn't sound so bad, maybe we can come to a peaceful solution with them?"
    "What!? Peaceful solution!? with Xenos? Thats heresy! Why would you ever want to make peace with vile Xenos scum that want to dominate or wipe out humanity? What manner of insanity do these other universes teach you?"
    "Acceptance. Tolerance. Compassion. Things that this universe might need more of. If this Tau is not so much of a threat, surely it'd be beneficial to ally with them?"
    "Agh- well- you can try I guess. They do seem to want to negotiate diplomatically with everyone. probably to manipulate us all to be their pawns or something."
    "And these Eldar, if they are a dying race, surely they can't be that much of a threat?"
    "Look Eldar know more than us, are incredibly manipulative and have their own interests at heart, not humanities. no matter how much we negotiate with them at times they are still xenos that-"
    "Wait you have dealt with them peacefully before? then whats the problem with negotiating with them more?"
    "Well the Eldar hate us back, calling us "Mon-keigh" and looking at us with contempt. And they keep kidnapping humans to take them to their city of eternal torture and cruelty outside normal space."
    "Okay....why?"
    "Why what?"
    "Why do they do that?"
    "They're Xenos, I don't care why they do anything. They're threats, they need to be eliminated." Rhiannon says.
    "I'm sensing there is some bias here." Ensara comments.
    "Well of course! I'm human, a former Inquisitor, not some filthy xeno. My concerns are humanities survival, not anyone elses." she says honestly. "You want to doom us all by being taken in by Xenos manipulations, be my guest, but I'll be here waiting to say "I told you so"."
    "Noted. What your guys thoughts?" Ensara says turning to the others.

14. - Top - End - #134

"My thoughts are that our Rogue Trader should really cut back on the blatant bigotry. I hold no responsibility if Molly turns you into a greasy smear on her fist because you said something that reminded Rose of her mother."

"As for the threats... I'd prefer to put off the Necrons. I've kind of had my filler or zombies and killer robots. Can you tell us more about Chaos? I have a lot of issues regarding Gods that I need to work out."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

When XS notices the conversation about to begin on the bridge, he stops. He decides to turn back and stay on the bridge, figuring that if Ezekiel isn't present he might as well be.

The Titan radios Ezekiel to say "Ezekiel, your allies are discussing which threat they should deal with first. Would you like me to put you through to them so you can weigh in with your own opinion?"

Evidently, Ezekiel said yes, because XS' next line is "Understood. Putting you through now."

After Rhiannon goes through the options, Ezekiel responds "I vote we deal with the Eldar. They call people monkeys, and I won't tolerate anyone calling me a monkey. Also, if they created one of the Chaos Gods, maybe paying them a visit can somehow net us tactical information on the four," through XS' speakers.
    We are FREE of

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Rhiannon:
    "I- you- fine. Fine."
    She shakes her head. The more she learned, the more she was confused. Hating the Xeno, the heretic, the witch was....basic. What were these other worlds that they didn't so something so vital to survival? How did they defend themselves? It didn't make any sense. How did they find the strength to kill the threats to what they held dear? How could a human....NOT want to hate? Did they not have something like the God Emperor to teach them how to hate properly? Perhaps that explains it- they weren't just heretics, they were all....barbarians. They didn't know proper civilized things like hating the xeno witch and heretic, didn't know the proper ways of ignorance and humility in the face of things greater than oneself or anything like that. They were like....primitives from an earlier age that still foolishly believed that Abominable Intelligences could be trusted, that they could lazily allow automation to do things for them, that knew not the necessary paranoia of living. They were like figures from prehistory exhibiting barbaric amounts of trust, compassion and knowledge seeking. It was the only way she could conceive of it. And she had no way of getting them to change their mind.

Every civilization thinks itself the height of what is civilized in its time after all.

Rhiannon then responds
    "Chaos? By the Emperor, why did you choose the longest and most complicated one to explain?"
    "Why would it be complicated?"
    "Because the fight against Chaos practically defines the Imperium, and its first war upon us pretty much made the Imperium what it is today. I guess I need to explain what is...not common knowledge, a lot of this is simplified and made into myth by the Ecclesiarchy and even what I know as a former Inquisitor isn't reliable as this all happened ten thousand years ago, with a lot of war, redaction, people changing this or that to fit their argument and viewpoint happening in between, and the events themselves are pretty complicated, spanning most of the galaxy. But it is necessary to understand what Chaos is and why we fight against it, even if the full truth is impossible to know at this point. I must tell you....of the Great Crusade and the Horus Heresy.

Ten Thousand years ago....humanity was divided, long fallen from the hubris of the Dark Age of Technology at the hands of the Men of Iron, each world fending for itself against the darkness of wi-er psykers, adrift in the void. But then, from Holy Terra came the God-Emperor of Mankind! As Humanities one true god and savior, with his mighty Space Marines his Angels of Death, he came to conquer the stars and unify us all under his divine light! He sought his wayward sons, the 18 Primarchs stolen from him by the Dark Powers, scattered across the galaxy through sorcerous means unknown! This was known as the Great Crusade. The God Emperor one by one, reunited with his sons, created by him to be his greatest champions and paragons of humanity and gifting them each a legion of Space Marines to go forth and conquer, to destroy all xenos in his name. Beside him was Malcador the Hero, his adviser and friend a humble normal human who embodied the potential what the God-Emperor hoped to see in all of us, doing all the things he himself could not attend to, such was dedication to duty and service to Him.

Of his Primarchs, two of them were the most favored and loved of his sons: Primarch Sanguinius and Primarch Horus. They were the greatest and most virtuous of them, Sanguinius being blessed with angelic wings to show his love for all of humanity, while Horus was such a great general that the God-Emperor bequeathed him the title of Warmaster, making Horus the greatest of all his sons, fit to lead all others into battle for the fate of humanity against all that would threaten it! Sanguinius of course in his humility, accepted Horus's ascension to this title with a smile. But then one day, Horus suddenly betrayed his comrades upon Isstvan V, killing Primarch Ferrus Manus and turning half the Primarchs against the remaining loyalists, corrupting them to all serve Chaos. Sanguinius seeing his brother betray all he hold dear was shaken to his core. How he could trust anyone after such betrayal? How could he know anyone was truly loyal? The thought of wracked him with doubt and despair. Horus had been the greatest among them and he had been corrupted, had fallen to their power just the same, dividing the Imperium in halves against itself while proclaiming "Let the Galaxy burn!" with wicked glee. This was known as the Horus Heresy.

For seven years did the Horus Heresy rage, Sanguinius and the other loyal primarchs fighting as hard as they can to defend the Imperium from this previously unthinkable betrayal, while the God-Emperor sat his vigil upon the Golden Throne to keep the Astronomicon alight. The traitor primarchs turned into demons as they fell into depravity, sin and hatred against the God-Emperor of Mankind, their legions following them into damnation, darkness and doom. But despite their heroic efforts, Sanguinius was pushed back to defending Holy Terra alongside Primarchs Rogal Dorn and Jaghatai Khan. During the battle of Terra, Macaldor the Hero sacrificed himself by putting himself upon the Golden Throne to power the Astronomicon so God-Emperor could fight in the battle. There did Sanguinius duel Horus himself to save the galaxy, but was struck down by Horus in his wickedness, Sanguinius tragically sacrificing himself for all of the Imperium such that his sacrifice is honored by all the Imperium on Sanguinala ever year. The God-Emperor himself came upon this scene, seeing his favored son dead at the traitor's hand, he felt a great rage and dueled Horus as well, they clashed and while the God-Emperor was victorious killing Horus forever, Horus dealt such a blow to him that the God-Emperor was nearly dead himself.

So the ever dutiful Rogal Dorn took the God-Emperor to sit him upon the Golden Throne once again, and there he sits to this day in eternal vigil over all of Mankind, watching us from his palace through the Astronomicon's light and through it protecting us all with his divine might. The Imperium, taking inspiration from Malcador's sacrifice, and the sacrifice of the God-Emperor every day he serves as the beacon of all the Imperium. With duty, discipline and sacrifice does the Imperium fight against Chaos, Xenos and witches for the sake of the God-Emperor of Mankind to honor his sacrifice in turn with our own, for only in death does duty end."
    She finishes her.....dramatic retelling of the Horus Heresy.
    "....Wait, you said 18 primarchs but you only mentioned like four or five names."
    "Most of them aren't important to the core part of the story." Rhiannon says
    "And what happened after? Where all the Primarchs now? you didn't say."
    "The traitorous primarchs all fled into the Warp like the demonic Emperor-betraying cowards they are. The loyalist Primarchs proclaimed that they would pursue their brothers to visit their most righteous wrath upon the traitors and told the Imperium that they had faith in us to keep to our holy duties until their prophesied return in the End Times." Rhiannon responds
    "...I see. So Chaos made like what, half your Imperium turn traitor or something?"
    "Its more than that. Chaos's threat is that they can make anyone turn traitor, corrupt them into turning against all they once stood for, if even the greatest and highest of us can fall, then no one is safe, no one is above suspicion. Horus proved that virtue wasn't enough, that even being one of his favored sons, wasn't enough to protect him. That even he could become a demon, even he could be twisted into darkness. This is why we are ever watchful for the signs of heresy."
    "....And this is the non-simplified version that you know?"
    "Yes. The simplified version for the masses is that nine demons rose up against the Emperor, who created nine Primarchs to fight them, after winning the God-Emperor ascended to the Golden Throne to watch over humanity. The End. They would not be able to handle such truths, and might turn to Chaos as a result."
    "....Okay then. But this told us very little about Chaos's actual capabilities."
    "Look, there is like, Four Chaos Gods and nine space marine legions worth of capabilities, plus whatever cults they have managed to make on whatever random planet they decided to corrupt. and no one has ever been recorded to have actually fought a Chaos God because how would you record such a battle happening? The Warp is outside of space and time, and they are conglomerations of all the extreme thoughts and feelings people have thought. How you could possibly kill such things?"
    "I have techniques as an Exalted that allow me to permanently kill spirits such as gods, ghosts, demons and the like. They work no matter how powerful the foe is. The Chaos Gods should be no different. Failing that...I have a special perk about binding demons into my service" Ensara says punching her hand with her fist.
    "Fine, but to fight Chaos on the offensive is to go into a realm of thought and madness, the Warp. It is a place where only your willpower matters, and all physical laws don't apply. All the other threats we can look at have the benefit of being in the Materium and thus bound by rules we can comprehend. To fight Chaos is something far more dangerous than merely fighting for the lives of the galaxy.

Changing focus: The Eldar"
    Rhiannon turns and says
    "The thing about them is that they are very psychically powerful and more technologically advanced than us in many ways. Their powers of seeing the future are far greater than our own, so they will see us coming. Their Craftworlds-basically ships the size of planets- are mobile and tend to disappear by the time anyone reports their presence. Often they come to us first because their method of FTL travel is more advanced as well, having the Webway to use instead. They often come with warnings of doom or use humans to eliminate some other threat like Orks, or just manipulate us for some other goal. So most Eldar we can't even find, they tend to stay ahead of us to survive and avoid fighting our superior numbers whenever they can. We're at war with them in theory but battles with them tend to be rarer than other more pressing concerns. But perhaps your weird superpowers can find and get to them despite their tendency to hide or run away

Of course, I know a few Inquisitors of the Ordo Xenos in a certain radical faction known as Xenos Hybris who think that the Imperium should work together with Xenos, particularly a senior inquisitor known as Staven Arcturos who is an Eldar specialist, the man is a fanatic of the divination techniques he learned from the Eldar and could probably tell you more about them than I. He is a member of the conclave right here in the Calixis Sector actually, but last I checked he has been focusing on studying the Rogue Traders of the Koronus Expanse thinking there is some terrible threat out in the Halo Stars. Finding him would be a bit of a detour into a dangerous frontier section of space or even into places uncharted, and if he is right, we'd have to deal with whatever he thinks is there along with pirates, rogue traders, xeno pirates, ruins, xenofauna, and so on and so forth. Though the Koronus Expanse is beyond Imperium space and thus full of xenos that Rogue traders do business with all the time, there is bound to be some individual Eldar there for some reason or other, some strike out on their own for some reason.

Of course, if neither of those options appeal, the place we know for sure are any Eldar can get to with certainty is Commorragh, and it is a place within the Webway that Eldar do business with non-eldar, it has its populations of non-Eldar mercenaries but....that place is basically a haven of Eldar pirates, being a wretched hive of scum, villainy, debauchery and horrors that no one should witness in their life ever, the things that happen in Comorragh are.....unspeakably horrifying. It is full of highly advanced technology and is pretty much the one place in the galaxy you do not want to end up in unless you have no other choice. A battle will kill you quickly- the Eldar there will make you suffer as long as possible. I would not recommend going there, its just an option that is on the table if you want to find Eldar."
    "I can see benefit from finding the Eldar. Getting information from them that we can't otherwise would be a good move, and it does sound like they might good technology to take for myself. Studying the Warp to at least figure out how it works before engaging Chaos is something I've been wanting to do, perhaps by going into it and seeing what its like."
    "Studying the Warp directly!? If you were normal I'd call you insane or heretical." Rhiannon says
    "Thank you, I pride myself on being weird." Ensara says with a smile.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Ezekiel pulls out his ECHO Recorder, puts it up to his helmet, and records the entire conversation to it, so he can play it back later in case there's anything he missed. He does pay special attention to the part about the Eldar, since that's what he asked about.

"So the Eldar are the most technologically advanced around, is that right? It would seem like a good idea to go to them, then. If only to meet one... sorry, one more legitimately scientific individual. Still, it's too bad they never grew past calling people monkeys." Can't forget about Iota-Phi. Okay, maybe Ensara too.

Anyways, Ezekiel should be outside Sabre's Bar by now. Only one thing left to do, and that's go inside.
    Last edited by Gold Leaf; 2022-10-29 at 07:14 AM.
    We are FREE of

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

Bridge

"I've fought things like the orks before. They didn't have guns, thankfully, and they were blue. Koloss were pretty horrific foes, and I barely survived. That was a long time ago, and I should do better in future conflicts." Koloss' skin doesn't grow, and the smallest at five feet have loose and floppy skin and the tallest at over ten feet have squashed noses and skin that ripped where it's been pulled too tight over their bulk. They only cared about their swords, and had no emotions beyond apathy and rage.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Rhiannon:
    "Look, I don't know why the Eldar call us that. they've been around much longer than us as a civilization, so I doubt the word literally means monkey? They are frustratingly byzantine, subtle and complex planning at the best of times and what texts we have recovered from their ruins are frustratingly poetic, full of overwrought prose even when translated. And form what accounts we have, speaking with them can be full of riddles and mind games."
    "Comorragh is the place with the Dark Eldar right?"
    "I've heard some Ordo Xenos Inquisitors call them that, yes. Apparently there is cultural differences between a few different Eldar groups but most don't care to distinguish between them. You truly want to learn more about them, you have to go and ask them yourself."
    "Okay, it sounds like not everyone cares that strongly about where we go, and we should probably just like get going? So I say, we go find these Eldar. Are there any ones near Chaos or Orks?"
    "Well.....Craftworld Ulthwe has been spotted the most around the Eye of Terror where Chaos most invades from, and there might be orks on a planet near them- orks get everywhere. If I recall correctly there is low levels of Orks in Comorragh infesting them- they grow from spores, spreading from world to world if they aren't burned. While Comorragh has something called the Gate of Khaine that leads directly into the warp and thus is always on the edge of daemonic invasion by Chaos. I'd prefer it if we could somehow find Craftworld Ulthwe though."
    "Well hm, the Warp is a place of all thought, a dimension beyond the rules of space and time and such right?"
    "....Yes it is."
    "Then maybe I can use it as a means to find this Craftworld Ulthwe?"
    "What? are you insane? Going into the Warp is a realm of nightmarish horrors, demons and whatnot, it the tumultuous stormy sea washing up against the continent that is the Materium, eroding its shores. The idea that could find anything except the Astronomicon in that thick hurricane-ocean soup of horrors is near laughable. Its impossible."
    Ensara smiles
    "Impossible? I'm an Exalt, Rhiannon. Impossible is my specialty."
    Her eyes suddenly glow blue
    "Lets just take a look at the underlying dimensional structure here.....Yes I see. All our thoughts even now is flowing to the Warp. and Warp itself.....oh. hm. This is concerning. really concerning. Your not wrong, Rhiannon. The Warp truly is beyond all time and space. Specifically, the Warp isn't bound by linear time, or the strict physical distances we rely upon to measure the world. Just from this one look I can tell such things are variable to it. It is completely possible to use it to see the future, the past, and even travel to both. Furthermore the time it takes to travel to anywhere is also variable. You could spend a hundred years in there and find 4000 years have passed, or spend a day in there and come back having only a couple hours have passed for everyone else. Or even go back in time. Its just a matter of probability, as its in a constant state of flux and change. Indeed, the realm seems to have some metaphysical influence over chance and luck itself."
    "...How...how do gaze into it without going gibbering mad? How are you doing this?"
    "I'm a powerful transhuman in more ways than one, Rhiannon. Looking at the structures, the fabric of space, time and dimensions here, I doubt any normal human of medieval level understanding such as the Imperium could comprehend it, and even those with a scientific background of say.....21st century Earth it'd still be near impossible to follow if I were to go into detail- to such people it'd be relativity on drugs. Or maybe people would go insane because of all the dark sins and screwed up stuff and the daemons embodying all their worst impulses that I'm seeing. I wouldn't know, I have a couple layers of mental/spiritual protection against this sort of thing. But it'd be no wonder the Imperium can't understand this, they both lack the background and have demons trying to screw with their minds getting in the way.

But just looking at it won't find us the Craftworld. Lets just use some chronomancy, manipulate some variables, shift through possibilities.... pay attention this will be most important:"

She raises a hand a blue light shines from it as she searches and narrows her search, using the Warp to gaze upon the future.
    "I see....a planet....called Rhylain....it is something called a "Crone World" on the edge of the Eye of Terror..... the Eldar need to get something there...but there are Orks and Chaos forces upon it....fighting each other....making it difficult....there is a young Eldar among this, clad in white and black with hair of blue and purple....young and foolish by the standards of her kind, but perhaps vital to our purposes...

However if we go to Comorragh....I see suffering. Not of us, but of others. I see the darkest most cruel city in the galaxy powered by torment both for survival and pleasure. I see nobles scheming and fighting one another in endless decadence, theatre-coliseums of purest most spectacular agony where slaves suffer and die to sate their dark masters. I see potentially, the rage of the righteous destroying their city forever, but also the compassion of the kind saving it-with more difficulty for it is always more difficult to fix than to destroy. But neither path unjust, neither path evil, for they deserve whatever they get.

Either path will lead us to knowledge, so long as we make sure to seek for it."

her eyes stop glowing blue
    "That is all. Don't expect me to do that again unless truly needed. I don't like spoiling things, but we really need to get a move on."
    "....Lets go to Rhylain, I don't want to deal with Comorragh." says Rhiannon
    "Sounds like a plan."
    They ship will go into the warp to Rhylain unless there is strong protest against doing so.

Sabre Bar:
    Inside you see mutants and former underhive gangers drinking, the bartender has various bottles of amasec on the shelves behind him, his multiple mutant arms doing various things at the same time. The whole thing is oddly normal, if having a couple macabre skull decorations here and there.
    "Hey! Your one the rogue trader's retinue" greets the bartender, having a bushy mustache "The names Many-Armed Mattord. Welcome to my new Mattord's Bar. That there Ensara gave us quite a good selection and stock of amasec. We have everything from cheap stuff to high quality kind of stuff- stuff them nobles drink. Still cost ya Thrones though, got to keep myself afloat y'know?"
    You also notice the Blank assassin, Nebette sitting alone at a table, having a drink herself, looking pretty disgruntled. Everyone seems to keep a distance from her and even you feel a strange discomfort as look at her, as if her very presence is unsettling or off-putting despite her looking like a normal human woman. As if everyone in the bar is trying to interact with her as little as possible or ignore her existence.

(OOC: don't worry you can still interact with characters mid-warp travel, I just wanted to get a direction going here.)

20. - Top - End - #140
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Ezekiel mutes his microphone as he enters the bar, but doesn't end the call, meaning he can hear them but they can't hear him. This means that he hears Ensara explain the whole Warp like it's nothing. That's okay. It's not like he was having second thoughts about shying away from it and was beginning to realise that, as a phycisist, it's the job of people exactly like him to be the first to uncover facts exactly like these, and was beginning to want to try and study it. He's not even a little bit mad about finding out that that would now be a huge waste of time. Nuh-uh.

Anyways, he waves to the bartender, before immediately realising he doesn't actually have any Thrones, just a bunch of foreign currency. "Forgot my wallet. I'll be right back." he says quickly in a mildly embarassed tone, exiting the bar and parkouring through the corridors again to get back to the bridge. He doesn't actually go to the bridge though, just stays in a room adjacent to it. From there, he whisper-shouts "Starheart. Alexandra, I need a favour. Come out here. You can hear ne, right?"
    We are FREE of

21. - Top - End - #141

"For the record, when I asked about chaos I was looking for practical answers. Like, back in the Underhive we busted cults dedicated to Nurgle and Khorn. Don't worry, we killed them all. We've got plague spreaders and barbarians, are there any other modus Operandi we should be aware of? My knowledge of this reality is limited and I have two traumatized children that I'm responsible for."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

"I think I get what you mean with the Eldar and mon-keigh. It's like the koloss I faced on Scadrial, my first time. The word sounds like 'colossal', which does fit them quite well. But the language I was speaking wasn't this language, and the link might not have been there. It sounds like 'monkey' in our language, but they aren't speaking... Low Gothic, is it?" Edward will look to Rhiannon to confirm the name of the language he's speaking right now. "I'm seconding the 'avoid Comorragh' thing. The place sounds deeply unpleasant."

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

(OOC: okay fine, you have no idea how I could fix things, I'm just gonna do it myself then.)

Esnara:
    "No....wait....I was wrong. The Warp's understandable, just has a lot of changing math, lots of variables based on other variables. Sorry."
    She will taking a second look at it again.

Rhiannon:
    "Well, its not surprise you fought those two in the underhive. Underhives are the communities most vulnerable to those two Chaos gods influence. Tzeentch and Slaanesh on the other hand are gods of scheming and excess respectfully, they tend to target nobles as a result, and their plans are more subtle, long term and insidious, as Tzeentch likes to lure in the intelligent, the scholarly, the knowledge-seekers, tech priests and the like. Meanwhile Slaanesh wants to lure in anyone who wants to experience excessive sensation or emotion of any kind...aside from anything the other Chaos Gods already rule over, thus Slaanesh gets anything from drugs and pleasure to torture, to perfectionism to pride, to gluttony to lust to even the feeling of relaxation- anything in excess is what Slaanesh seeks. Thus they both target people who seek decadence, forbidden things, anyone wanting to know more, experience more, do more. In fact, I would be surprised if Tzeentch doesn't already have his sights set on you in some manner.

Though of the two, Tzeentch is probably the more dangerous. He is older, and is called the Architect of Fate for he has plans with plans, controls fortune, sees the future, incredibly sorcerous and powerful. If any enemy this galaxy has a plan intricate enough to profit or benefit even from even your wild card influence, it would be him. He is the reason the Imperium enforces a culture of ignorance throughout our entire galaxy for he uses the curiosity of humanity against itself with the secrets and power he offers. At the same time, he is technically, the least bad of the four, because his eternal change and machinations offer the faint hope, the chance that you'll improve things for the better with what he gives you- which is why he is so dangerous, because he can so easily scam people into making it worse so he can get more worship out of prayers to make things better again.

His followers meanwhile, while they are planners tend to have weaknesses like deceiving their allies, making their plans too complex to work, being too obsessed with the knowledge they are seeking to focus on anything else....things like that. Slaaneshi ones meanwhile just want to experience sensations however they can while making other experience the same and thus do whatever twisted and sick art project pops into their minds, like making a sculpture out of corpses or making music from peoples screams or just torturing people taken to an art form or tempting people to embrace their decadent screwed up ways. You get the idea. "
    "So forbidden knowledge: the god, and god of sex, drugs and rock'n'roll taken to horrific extremes, got it. Which means Slaanesh is into dubstep probably."
    "What in the Warp is dubstep?"
    "Exactly, your better off not knowing."
    "Well I don't know that is, but Slaanesh do have Noise Marines serving under them, which attack with sonic weaponry."
    "Ha! I was right, Slaanesh IS into dubstep."
    "...I don't know if this is a joke or not but whatever. and yeah, Mon-keigh is probably not monkey. They can speak Low Gothic yes, numerous negotiations have proven that, its just that their own language
    is probably the prefer to speak because of whatever xeno reasons they have. Lets just get going."

The Sabre: Warp Travel
    The Sabre will soon go into the Warp, the ship's Warp Enginee opening a small circular rift into space they go into and Navigator Chrimyra opens her third eye and begins guiding through the Warp, while Iota-Phi activates the Gellar field with the proper procedure to do so, a field of....reality? covering the ship as it flies through a stormy colorful dimension out of space and time. Rhylain is 1400 lightyears away on the edge of the Eye of Terror, so the journey for you on the ship will take about 1-4 days, so do whatever you want during them. (OOC: we can play out scenes during transit if you want, its fine.)

Regardless of what you do, Ensara will practice her Gunhell ki techniques.....by walking out on the surface of the Gellar field herself, killing minor demons trying to gnaw and claw at the Gellar field in futility- their attempts at breaching it don't even damage it- with purple ki pistols she has conjured, doing various stylish gunslinger tricks seemingly straight out of an action movie, as if she is trying to become the very romantic ideal of a badass gunslinger. Chrimyra at first would complain that its a bit distracting but as it went on and Ensara "practiced" on the demons more more she began to see it as her simply wiping off bugs from a windshield as navigational visibility improved without demons trying to block the view.

Chrimya will warn you not to look into the Warp, as it will reflect your worst attributes and darkest parts of yourself back at you and that is not easy to confront, and Ensara will offer to show you anyways as if its nothing by teleporting there. She does not however tell anyone what she herself see as she practices in the Warp on the field's surface unless they specifically ask.

Occasionally there is turbulence, much like on a airplane flight during this journey, this just being the normal variable nature of Warp travel.

Soon however you arrive at....

Northwest Edge of the Eye of Terror: some solar system, Rhylain
    When you get out of the Warp, all the WH40k natives experienced in warp travel breathe a sigh of visible sigh of relief.
    "That was a relatively placid journey" Rhiannon says "Nothing went wrong at all. Thats something."
    Chrimyra will flop into her chair in the Navigator's aerie room, tired from looking into a realm of horrors for days on end guiding the ship.
    "Please give me some time before we do another jump, ugh, doing this is never fun..."
    As you go through this solar system at slower than light travel, if you have any view of the outside you notice that like, half the void of space in one direction looks purple and pink, as if its the same swirling chaotic stuff from the Warp that you just came out, and the other half is just normal space. Furthermore any planets that you pick up....they are dead in this solar system, either barren rocks, a gas giant or ones with ruins with no signs of life on them, but you press on at Ensara's direction to the planet they need to go....Rhylain, ruined much like a few other planets in the system but a few notable differences:
    The most obvious being, there are Ork and Chaos ships fighting each other around it, the Ork vessels looking crude, covered in guns upon guns upon guns, splattered with paint and generally looking like a bunch of scrap heaps forcefully made into something resembling a ship by a bunch of hobbyist mechanics who think what they made looks cool. The Chaos ships on the other hand look much like Imperial vessels but with red sigils of Khorne painted them, added spikes everywhere and other demonic decorations, some have flesh randomly growing on the outside of them for some reason, but these fleets are fighting each other hard, exchanging missiles and laser fire in the sky above the planet.

Meanwhile, farther away from those fleets is a bigger ship, one the size of a planet and far more beautiful and ethereal than either of the fleets, looking organically elegant and smooth out of some golden metal with various pretty light-colored domes upon as if its was a bunch of jellyfish gliding in space, the domes being partially see through with cities of unimaginable size inside of them. It is like looking at some work of art on a vast scale.
    "That" Rhiannon says "Is a Craftworld. Disgusting isn't it? Those arrogant bastards, flaunting their ship like that with such an over-decorated design."
    You all have seen enough of this Sabre on its own to know that the Imperium over-decorates its own ship like no tomorrow and that this is 100% her being pot calling the kettle black
    Then you receive a transmission out of nowhere:
    "Cera Kan-i-Eachtrannach, Greetings Four Great Outsiders, I am Eldrad Ulthran of Craftworld Ulthwe. I have foreseen your arrival, and would like your help."
    "Okay, cool but before we do that can we get one thing out of the way first?"
    "...What is that?"
    "What does mon-keigh mean? Do you mean monkey?"
    Eldrad Ulthran sighs a long tired sigh as if he has been asked this question before.
    "It does not mean that animal from your gold-covered, polluted, overbuilt planet of origin, what was it called again? Terra? Earth? It was one of those two. It means "species to be wiped out" and its origins comes from legends of an Eldar hero fighting a race of cannibalistic monstrosities called mon-keigh long before humans achieved space flight. You, the Kan-i-Eachtrannach, the Four Great Outsiders however, I do not count as Mon-keigh, for you are foreign to this universe and do not share in the Mon-keigh's atrocities.

Now. Can we focus? Are you going to help or not?"

"Wait a minute, you knew we were coming here, did you plan to get our help before you even came here?" Rhiannon asks suspiciously
    "Quiet mon-keigh, I am speaking to the Four Outsiders, not their glorified ferry-person with a rogue trader warrant. Their importance to the flow of fate is far greater than your own, and their decisions send ripples that yours cannot. I'd be a fool NOT to plan around them."

24. - Top - End - #144

Rhiannon

"...Of course. Walking trauma buttons for both girls, and should probably keep kids away from Slaneesh in general..."

Alexandra's more talking to herself than anything else.

Warp Travel

Other than claiming a set of quarters for her own use, Alexandra mostly keeps to her own self. Training and meditating mostly.

At some point during the next few days, Rose will approach Ensara, apologize for freaking out, and mention that Alexandra explained the misunderstanding... But will not explain why she freaked out even if pressed.

Rhylain

"So... Space-Elf... Just so we're clear, I'm part of a genetic minority that was subjected to genocide attempts. I myself was insulated from most of that, growing up on Thymiscria, but I am responsible for two other kinsman who most certainly were not protected from it. I will not tolerate biggotry from anyone for any reason and will be especially upset if it sets off the trauma of my wards. I'm not so barbarous as to exterminate an entire galactic-scale society on the actions of a single member... But I could if I wanted to. Mayhaps share that with your kinsman."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Mid-Warp Travel
    Ensara will nod and say she understands to Rose without pressing. Some people have their issues and secrets. It is not for her to pry.

Whenever she hears some dubstep music she will spin around, eyes darting around but finding nothing there. She will talk to a couple times to Alexandra about the possibility of Slaanesh or a Daemonette stalking her and thinking about making plans to deal with Slaanesh if she comes after Ensara.
    "After all, its so obvious that she'd come after me. Have you seen me? So beautiful its a curse. I knew this day would come, but I thought it be something smaller like a succubus coming after me. Alexandra, I think I might have to get so good at seduction, that I out charm the Deity of Excess themselves, beat them at their own game to the point where Slaanesh will be so enamored, that I tempt and corrupt them into being good instead. A crazy audacious plan I know, but one that I might have to employ. Of course if that doesn't work there is always..."
    She punches her fist into an open palm with a grin.

Eldrad Ulthran:
    "....Very well. As High Farseer I shall pass it along and keep away from such rage inducing issues. I would explain why my species looks upon humanity in such a dim view, but I am pressed for time. The help I seek from you is simple: I wish you to save a single Eldar life. A foolish young hundreds-aged one named Kaerabryn, but an Eldar life nonetheless and thus precious to us beyond value, the circumstances of their danger, being that she chose to walk the Path of the Outcast, a common choice among the Eldar youth of today wishing to be free of the strict lifestyle we must lead to keep ourselves free from She Who Thirsts. Let not the name fool you, we work with such Eldar wanderers whenever we can our species is too few to be picky about the lifestyles others lead or where our help comes from. But this particular outcast in an attempt to help us has recklessly done something foolish. You see, another important measure to make sure we don't fall prey to She Who Thirsts is that we must always keep a spirit stone near us to keep her from devouring our souls by the stone instead storing our souls inside the spirit stone when we die.

Problem is, spirit stones aren't exactly an abundant resource. They can only be found on Crone Worlds in or near the Eye of Terror, and Rhylain is a rare planet where they form technically on the edge of it.
    Thus, spirit stones control how much population we can have- if an Eldar is born and has no spirit stone, their soul slowly starts getting eaten away by She Who Thirsts, and we would not wish that fate on any Eldar if we could help it. The Dark Eldar are an exception to this, but the less said about them the better. Kaerabryn wanted to play the hero to get a few spirit stones to bring to our Craftworld so that our population can grow at least a little bit and so went down there, alone like a fool to find some. I can sense she is still alive. But I dare not commit more lives to that slaughter, and potentially lose more Eldar than we would gain. That is where you come in. With your power, you can rescue her without needing Craftworld Ulthwe to involve itself with a fight between two enemies that are already preoccupied with each other.

Save her life, and I will cooperate with you, answer questions you may have and see where a working relationship with you might go. But this is the minimum of what I expect. Accomplish that and I will be fine with it and uphold my end of what I promise, but if you do more? Say, actually accomplish bringing more spirit stones, or wipe out the two Ork and Chaos forces there or something else like that? Well
    you can't go wrong with going above and beyond what is required."

"Why such a small task?"
    "It is the simplicity of the act. I wish to entrust you with a smaller task to see how you do it and what you accomplish, I have foresaw your arrival and your importance, but now hot exactly how you will affect the galaxy or what methods you will use to bring it about. If you accomplish this one task we can talk about accomplishing greater things to trust you with. To put in another way, I want to see how your not like the Imperium. After I'd hope new potential allies would be better than a fascist, theocratic oppressive genocidal empire and I want to see that for myself. That is all."
    "What is a hundreds-aged one?"
    "A young Eldar still in their hundreds of life, not a child but not quite an adult"
    "So, like a teenager among humans?"
    "Ah yes, that does sound like the human equivalent."
    "And if we find any Eldar tech down there?"
    "Keep it, unless you find something of cultural significance. Much of the technology of the old Aeldari Empire is ruined now, and while we understand the principles behind them, we simply do not have resources, time or means to replicate the height of our power anymore. That and a lot of it is Warp-based anyways, which is far less easy to use now."
    "Now? It was easier to use before?"
    "Ah ah ah. First rescue the wayward Eldar life. Then I'll answer all the questions you want."
    "Heh, got it, got it. So you won't care what happens to the Orks and Khorne cultists down there?"
    "No one in the galaxy will. Orks are war-happy idiotic pests designed to fight things forever and followers of the Lord of Rage spill blood without care, seeking only the rush of the slaughter. Getting rid of them is doing everyone a favor."
    "Who is She-Who-Thirsts?"
    "The.....Chaos God we created. We dare not say their name. Our souls shine brighter and thus draw more attention than yours, and we have a....unique relationship to them. It is more dangerous for us than you saying it."
    "I see. Well guys, I don't know about you but I see an opportunity to go slaughter armies and steal tech from Orks while searching for this Kaerabryn, a fun time all around. and hey if I kill enough of the enemy, she's bound to be easier to find, right?"

26. - Top - End - #146
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Ezekiel smiles slightly and rolls his eyes when he hears Ensara backtrack. He appreciates the gesture, and it's reminded him that someone still needs to do actual tests and publish the findings, so it's not pointless after all.

But that's for later. For now, he walks back onto the bridge, glancing at Alexandra and resolving to ask her again once this conversation is over.

"You're right - Tzeentch will probably be taking a special interest in me, then," Ezekiel chuckles. "Iota-Phi is smart - maybe I'll want to look out for him," he notes.

When dubstep is mentioned, Ezekiel shakes his head and says "Who hears that description and thinks 'dubstep?' No, Slaanesh would definitely prefer rap music. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I love a little battle rap."

[Warp Travel]

At some point while Warp traveling, Ezekiel will ignore the warning against it, explaining to Chimyra that it is "For science!" and look into the Warp, speaking into the ECHO Recorder to note down everything he sees in painful detail, from the demons to his own shame. He finally stops when the Warp shows him his own ex-wife. Of course, upsetting as it may be, hus mind isn't going to suffer any serious damage, because in his own words, "If I was going to go insane, I would have done it years ago."

He also gets the ship's walls painted in Conversion Gel to facilitate portaling anywhere, actually cleans XS's gun, and most importantly will find Alexandra and ask "I need to borrow some thrones. Is that alright? I can pay you back as soon as I find a way to earn money.

[Rhylain]

Ezekiel nods when Alexandra speaks, and adds "And I am a minority in human terms, so... yes, please be less bigoted," while cloaking his helmet to reveal his face. "That doesn't go down well with my people, to put it lightly."

As for the search-and-rescue mission, he says "That shouldn't be too difficult. We simply construct a portal here, seek out the young Eldar, then portal back here with the young lady in tow. We've already dealt with a couple of Khorne fanatics, and they're no trouble. As for Orks... well, as the saying goes, 'if it has brains, I can blow them out'."
    Last edited by Gold Leaf; 2022-11-16 at 11:08 AM.
    We are FREE of

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

Warp Travel

Edward will take his Tallboy for a walk in one of the cargo bays, and sets some time to set up a purification system so he can manufacture some whale oil for his technology, the moment he finds an animal roughly analogous to the Void-touched cetaceans of the Isles.

Chat With Eldar

"Will we know what a spirit stone looks like when and if we find some? Or will we need Kaera to identify them?" Which might be unfortunate if they find the stones before they find the Ranger.

Edward smiles and leans on his cane, though he's a little nervous- he's never actually been in a warzone before, since even when the koloss attacked Erlac it wasn't much of a war zone, and barely a siege.

28. - Top - End - #148

Warp Travel

Alex of course has plenty of money to spare. Not quite sure what 20 million US Dollars equate to in Thrones, but it's a decent amount regardless and she's more than willing to share.

Misunderstanding cleared up, Rose will offer the use of her powers to ensure that the Hydroponics Garen is running optimally, producing as much good as possible for as minimal loss of plant life.

Other than that she seems to prefer to be left to herself. She's seen out and about, but mostly because Molly is trying to socialize.

If Manyclops is along on the journey instead of just touring the ship, Rose might try to find her and talk o her at Alexandra's suggestion, however.

Now

"...Out of curiosity, would destroying one or both of those fleets have any chance of making this job easier? I don't want to just leave someone who needs help but just letting two hostile armies... Exist? Yeah, my Original Self would be trying to figure out what Weapons of Mass Destruction he could get his hands on."

She's examining her fingernails as she says it. Her jumping experience was fraught with conflict, this is barely a Tuesday for her.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

(OOC: okay so I looked up spirit stone color and I thought it was blue, but there are many art of them being red, some green, found one that was yellow, so I think GW left that intentionally open so you can paint them however you want? but blue is the most common color I see, so I'm going with to with blue)

Warp Travel:
    Rose's offer will be accepted- Ensara is a scientist sure, but she doesn't have much experience in actual nature stuff and her real expertise is in other kinds of technology

Manyclops is of course on the ship and will talk to Rose about whatever, Manyclops will say
    "So your Rose eh? Names Manyclops, cause some old story about a monster called a cyclops with on eye, and I got many eyes. Heh, lucky kid, you got actual powers with your mutations rather than just eyes. Bit jealous, honestly. You can actually make useful things happen like with the hydroponics garden thing. All I can do is see more than I should, hurts me brain a little if I open too many of my eyes at once. Got to keep some closed so me vision stays a little limited so I can do things proper."

Eldrad Ulthran:
    He considers this
    "The spirit stones look blue, oval and glow a little. You can see one on my chest."
    He gestures to a oval blue stone on his black robe with intricate runes and designs, and you can see it onscreen through the video transmission.
    "There are variations but they're mostly blue."
    Meanwhile Ensara says
    "Well, the Khorne fanatics we dealt with were a like, a mob, not a real army, a few gangs at best. What we're dealing down with down there-"
    she points to Rhylain.
    "-are two armies in the high millions to low billions across the entire planet. with war machines, fleets, demons, hardened chaos marines, and who knows what else. Much different."
    "Battles like this are not uncommon or abnormal in this galaxy." Eldrad comments "In earlier stages of civilization, many people would consider the Battle of Rhylain a planet-spanning war unto itself. To people living in these dark times, it is not even notable. The only importance Rhylain has is that if the Orks fall, these Chaos forces has a foothold to start attacking other systems. Not that the Orks being victorious would be good either. But this is a minor conflict in the grand scheme of things, and there are far more strategically useful planets for Chaos to attack, such as Cadia. If you rescue Kaerabryn and kill everything else down there....no one would care."
    "How long has this battle been going on for?"
    "A few months. But Kaerabryn only entered recently. She is skilled in stealth and can avoid notice but I'm not sure how long that can last."
    "Okay, so this place is a war zone." Ensara says.
    She takes a few steps and clenches her fist with a wicked grin.
    "How would you guys like it I made it a former war zone? Or at least, served as a distraction through superior violence?"
    Rhiannon and Eldrad both have a perplexed reaction.
    "....You mean....distract the armies?"
    "....The entire armies spanning the planet?"
    "Yes!"
    "By yourself."
    "Yeah! Well at least as much as I can, some will probably spot you but I hope to get a lot of them!"
    "How?"
    "By leaping from the ship and crashing into the middle of the fighting and begin punching all of them."
    "....Leaping. From the ship. through the void of space. and just....start punching."
    "Yes!"
    "I have an idea of how powerful you are and how plausible it is for you to do that and that idea still sounds crazy if only because you sound like a particularly articulate Ork when you talk about attacking entire armies by yourself as it its a fun time."
    "Want me to show you?"
    Eldrad looks at the others
    "....Do I?"
    Ensara looks raring to go, Rhiannon has crossed her arms as if thinking 'oh this ought to be good', and anyone else like Chrymira or some of the other mutant crew are looking at Ensara disbelievingly as if she can't possibly do any of that. You get the idea that Ensara will do something soon if a plan isn't made.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-11-22 at 04:30 AM.

30. - Top - End - #150

Then

"When my powers first came in, my mother decided that they meant I was inherently evil and deserved to suffer and die. Then she sold me to a man who used me in experiments and for... Other things. Forgive me if I don't feel lucky."

Now

"Ensara, please control yourself. And, if we need a distraction for the fighting on the surface below... Stealth isn't exactly my Forte. I could use a psychic illusion to hide myself, but I'm not very practiced with it. But something big and flashy? I haven't had a chance to cut loose since I defeated the five zombies that ate Galactiac. I picked up a spot of Power cosmic just afterward, I've never really had a chance to test my new limits."

"But regardless of who does what we can't go anywhere without a plan."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks