A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: D&D In Another World - Deadguy

Ancient Talaire
    Humans are the most common race through most of the Realms. They are far more adaptable than any other; however, they tend to have poor relations with the non-human races.

Talaire Human is a Tier 2 race. Descendants from the ancient Talaire bloodline have innate psionic talent. They receive a randomly selected bloodline from the six available to their race which determines the exact nature of their psionic powers. Beyond their mental prowess, they are indistinguishable from a normal human.

Ancient Talaire is a Tier 3 race. You possess the pure blood of the ancient Talaire nobility, granting you powerful psionic ability far beyond the average human.

Shadowkin
    Haflings are a small and oft overlooked race. They are jovial and friendly travelers, but they are also skilled burglars.

Wispling is a Tier 2 race. Wisplings are halflings touched by Shadow. Their stealth abilities are greatly enhanced, but their soul is touched by Darkness.

Shadowkin is a Tier 3 race. Accepting Darkness into their very souls, Shadowkin become one with shadow, often able to manipulate it to suit their whims.

Prismatic Dragonkin
    Kobolds proudly claim kinship to dragons, but the comparison often leaves them with a profound sense of inadequacy. Though they are hardworking, clever, and blessed with a natural talent for mechanical devices and mining, they are known spend their days nursing grudges instead of celebrating their own gifts.

Prismatic Kobold is a Tier 2 race. Having taken on dragon blood, Prismatic Kobolds have become true dragon kin. Their entire outlook on life is upbeat and cheerful, far different from their lesser kin.

Prismatic Dragonkin is a Tier 3 race. Blessed with closer ties to the Shining Dragon, a Prismatic Dragonkin is more dragon than kobold.

Saurian
    Lizardfolk are said to be descended from dragons crossbred with primordial reptilians. Although likely just mythology, they take pride in their heritage. They are an industrious people known for building massive cities in the jungles and plains of their homelands and for having a fiery temper that often leads to war.

Ophidian is a Tier 2 race. Lizardfolk arose through an interbreeding of the amphibious 'Scaled Ones' and the Dragons. Your Ophidian heritage runs strongly in your veins, giving you many traits of amphibians, including the ability to eventually metamorphose into a greater form.

Saurian is a Tier 3 race. You have very little draconic influence in your blood and display strong traits of your Scaled One ancestors. You have the greatest potential for metamorphosis among Lizardfolk.

Beastkin
    Moreau are known by many names: called Shifters, Hengeyokai, or even Weres by those who mistake them for lycanthropes. Though they often appear human, all moreau are intrinsically linked to a single type of animal and gain traits of that animal, carrying some minor animalistic features. Some moreau may even learn to take animal form.

Wildkin Moreau is a Tier 2 race. More in tune with their animal side, wildkin moreau have greater powers when calling on their wild nature.

Beastkin is a Tier 3 race. Fully embracing the animal within, the beastkin are able to take true animal form.

Sharakim
    Orcs are thought to be brutish thugs, but that's because most orcs encountered by other races were driven from their homes for that very behavior. Orcs have less developed industry than most other races, as they tend to prefer to honor the old ways and live as one with the land.

Trueblood Orc is a Tier 2 race. The trueblood orcs are greater than their kin, in that their blood runs with the true power of nature. Each trueblood orc has a powerful natural affinity for a particular element of nature.

Sharakim is a Tier 3 race. Truly in tune with nature and the ancient past, you have heightened strength and intellect.

Realm Notice
    You possess one (1) Moderate Boon.
    No modifications are available at this time.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Can I apply the Moderate boon to my race as well?
    Last edited by Deadguy; 2022-08-05 at 08:47 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

You find no way to do so.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok then. I was considering the new human option, but a dinosaur race is just too tempting to pass up. Here's hoping for some good matching classes.

She selected Saurian.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

The other races disperse into mist, which beings to swirl around the Saurian. A powerful force draws you inexorably into the figure, until you find yourself looking out through its eyes. Intense body dysmorphia makes you incredibly uncomfortable for a few seconds, made worse when the body becomes pliable and... fluid. The flesh warps and shapes itself to match your internalized ideal for the character until you find yourself perfectly at home in your new avatar, perhaps even a bit more comfortable than you ever were in your own skin.

The Saurian's build remains sleek and lithe rather than bulky, no matter how you customize it. It is more like a salamander than a dinosaur or large lizard. It definitely reminds you more of a trained martial artist than a power lifter or bodybuilder.
    Spoiler
    Show

Realm Notice
    Assign Your Ability Scores
    You have zero (0) Ability Points.
    Strength
    Dexterity
    Constitution
    Intelligence
    Wisdom
    Charisma

Realm Notice
    Assign Your Saurian Adaptations
    You have eight (8) Adaptation Points.
    Basic Adaptations
    • Mighty Form
    • Nimble Form
    • Resilient Form
    • Superior Cognizance
    • Superior Instinct
    • Superior Poise
    Innate Adaptations
    • Aquatic
    • Arboreal
    • Chameleonic
    • Deadly
    • Durable
    • Flexible
    • Nocturnal
    • Quick
    • Tough

You are aware that you can assign multiple points per adaptation, but higher "Stages" of Basic Adaptations cost one more point than the previous stage. So, reaching stage 3 in any Basic Adaptation requires 6 total points (1 + 2 + 3). Innate Adaptations are more expensive though. 1 point for the 1st Stage, 4 total for the 2nd, 10 total for the 3rd, and so forth.

You intuitively understand that the Innate Adaptations will grant you some racial ability, but the exact nature of that ability is not readily apparent.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2022-08-06 at 12:29 PM.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

It looks quite a bit like a snake. Can I could pick a design without legs?

She tried to visualize something she would like to be esthetically and came up with a mental image.

She considered her point spending as well, settling on the following dispersion:
    Nimble (stage 1)
    Resilient (stage 2)
    Poise (stage 1)
    Deadly (stage 2)
    Last edited by Deadguy; 2022-08-06 at 08:50 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Try as you might, you seem unable to transform the legs into a large tail. The rest is... right on the edge of what's possible/ The changes are applied, but the System seems to hang and the "graphics" jitter slightly as your appearance transforms.

Realm Notice
    Moderate Boon Applied
    Your selected class will receive a moderate improvement to its class features and/or additional class feature(s) of moderate strength.

Realm Notice
    Select Your Class
    Barbarian
    Fighter
    Paladin
    Select
    Information
    Select
    Information
    Select
    Information
    Psion
    Rogue
    Spellbinder
    Select
    Information
    Select
    Information
    Select
    Information
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Definitely not what I was expecting from classes. Keeping with the serpent theme though, I think Rogue is the best fit. Unless I can combine the Moderate boon already applied with the one I have remaining?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Realm Notice
    Moderate Boon Applied
    Moderate Boon improved to Greater Boon.

Realm Notice
    Greater Boon Applied
    You will select a lesser linked class in addition to your primary class, gaining the class features of your primary class selection and some of the class features of the linked class. You will gain the chassis of your primary class.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah… I see now how you could get a stronger character creation. I wonder what you get if you could combine Epics. Bet my race would have ended up a Scaled One and I could have had a snake lower…

She seemed pretty disappointed in figuring it out too late to make a truly stylish character, but she didn’t have much else to do but select Rogue and hope she could work in some ways for serpentine themed things like venom or constricting.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Realm Notice
    Select Your Linked Class
    • Barbarian
    • Bard
    • Fighter
    • Paladin
    • Psion
    • Ranger
    • Soulknife
    • Spellbinder
    • Wilder
    • Wizard
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Only getting some of casting class spells seems I’ll-advised. There was an old saying about never losing caster levels… Straight up heavy armor doesn’t really fit for my idea of a serpent character. I don’t really want spells or an animal companion, but I know in the original game there were a ton of replacement options for Ranger.

She selects Ranger as the additional class.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Realm Notice
    Character Creation
    Name:
    Victoria Soule_
    Race:
    Saurian
    Class:
    Rogue↔Ranger

Realm Notice
    Select Your Skills
    You have eight (8) Skill Points
    Class Skills:
    • Acrobatics
    • Athletics
    • Deception
    • Engineering
    • Handle Animal
    • Heal
    • Insight
    • Intimidate
    • Linguistics
    • Natural Lore
    • Perception
    • Perform
    • Persuasion
    • Profession
    • Stealth
    • Streetwise
    Cross Class Skills
    • Academics
    • Arcane Lore
    • Arms Lore
    • Psi Lore
    • Theology
    _
    Apply Boon to Skills

Poking around, you discover that the maximum skill rank is 1. One rank in a class skill costs 1 skill point while it costs 2 skill points for a rank in cross class skills. Perform and Profession have a seemingly endless list of sub-skills for nearly every imaginable possibility.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

It’s weird that as an academic, I don’t have any of those skills, but maybe it affects something later in creation….

She selected the following:
    Arcane Lore - 1
    Arms Lore - 1
    Athletics - 1
    Perception - 1
    Stealth - 1
    Heal - 1

She also adjusted her name to fit more with her new race. Thassia.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Realm Notice
    Your Academic Occupation provides a +1 bonus on the following skills
    Academics, Linguistics, Natural Lore

Realm Notice
    As a Saurian, you have access to race exclusive feat Extra Adaptation.
    You gain one (1) Feat.
    _
    Apply Boon to Feats

The list of possible feats is... extensive. In fact, it seems that new feats are added to the list as you consider possible feats. You can select any feat you can meet the prerequisites for.

Spoiler: Extra Adaptation Feat
    Show
    Extra Adaptation
    Prerequisite: Saurian Lizardfolk, Con 13
    Benefit: You gain 2 Adaptation Points.
    Special: You can gain this feat multiple times. Each time you do, you gain a number of Adaptation Points equal to 1 + the number of times you've taken this feat (3 points for the 2nd time, 4 for the 3rd, and so forth).
    You may take this feat a number of times equal to your unmodified Con bonus. Only your natural Con score and improvements from gaining levels or Adaptations counts towards this total, not any bonuses from items, spells, or other effects.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

How am I suppose to know if I qualify for something if I can’t see my ability scores?...

She looks through the feats as she waits for a response.

I was hoping to find something like this https://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Snake_Tail_(3.5e_Feat) just so I could keep my self image without trying to find something with legs.