New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Lightbulb Need help creating artifacts of the Cat Lords (Tabaxi)

I have a Tabaxi Druid player who's new to DnD and she wants to reunite her kingdom which lies in ruins for over 500 years. That kingdom is Payit in Maztica (Forgotten Realms), where I replaced humans with tabaxies as the most common people, but there are human invaders from both east and west. So once the three items are reunited and new ruler proclaimed, catfolk will be ready to unite under one banner and seek it's independence, as they are now in state of roaming tribes.

I decided there are going to be three items which if successfully attuned to, will signify one's worthiness.

There is one I made up already:
    Yarn Ball of Monarch (name will probably change): At the castle ceremony, it is supposed to roll over to the one who is worthy. If no one is worthy it will lay dormant.
    I will also give it other magical effects or boons like expertise in persuasion or permanent bonus to intelligence plus spells.

What could other two's be? I'd like one of them to be staff or similar.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Need help creating artifacts of the Cat Lords (Tabaxi)

I am going to assume this is a 5e game, in which case this would be better suited under the dnd 5e subforum
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyjackcorn View Post
    Do we know when Shed Shadow is going to pick?
    Scholars maintain that it will be in the winter equinox under the light of a full moon when the reflection of it's light upon a lakes surface will illuminate and cast into silhouette the shape of our humblest storage unit, the shed.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Scratching post of Son Wukong (Monkey King).
    Basically Monkey’s staff which is a magical staff that can change size at will. The backstory being after the Tabaxi king acquired the staff he installed as a scratching post not realizing it was a weapon.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Naeris View Post
    I have a Tabaxi Druid player who's new to DnD and she wants to reunite her kingdom which lies in ruins for over 500 years. That kingdom is Payit in Maztica (Forgotten Realms), where I replaced humans with tabaxies as the most common people, but there are human invaders from both east and west. So once the three items are reunited and new ruler proclaimed, catfolk will be ready to unite under one banner and seek it's independence, as they are now in state of roaming tribes.

I decided there are going to be three items which if successfully attuned to, will signify one's worthiness.

There is one I made up already:
    Yarn Ball of Monarch (name will probably change): At the castle ceremony, it is supposed to roll over to the one who is worthy. If no one is worthy it will lay dormant.
    I will also give it other magical effects or boons like expertise in persuasion or permanent bonus to intelligence plus spells.

What could other two's be? I'd like one of them to be staff or similar.
    The Scepter, Orb, and Crown become

The Scratching Post of (Deity) - other than stress relief (immunity to fear, insanity, and confusion) it permits advantage on insight checks since excess energy has been burned off.

The Furball of (Deity) or The Yarn Ball of Joy - +5 to saving throws versus {something}

The Flea Collar of (Deity) - Immune to Diseases, free use of Identify each day

Catnip is of course used ceremonially at every formal investiture.
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2022-08-02 at 04:15 PM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Je Heri: the rubber golem
    Created by the ancient wizard Hana the Barbaric.
    Made out of compressed rubber and is functionally indestructible. After any damage that reduces it to zero wounds it is out of action for D6 rounds then return at full HP. Only vulnerable to acid damage.
    Has the skills of a level 11 rogue - acrobatics, sleight of hand, lockpicking, improved dodge, imrpoved evasion etc.
    Is small roughly 6 inches high. Does a maximum of 1 damage on a successful hit, but this damage can be increased with backstab multipliers.
    Is designed in the shape of a mouse.
    Has intelligence and can communicate through gestures, but cannot speak.

There are legends of another rubber golem in the size and shape of a Tabaxi warrior named Thom (the ancient pronunciation of which is with a silent “h” not a soft “th” as in modern practice).

Unfortunately Thom and Je Heri were animated by incompatible magic and were fated to battle for eternity.
    Last edited by Pauly; 2022-08-02 at 10:13 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    The Flea Collar of (Deity) - Immune to Diseases, free use of Identify each day
    :
    I like the idea of free identify every day, she will definitely need it.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

While not proving worthiness, this one could be a fun fourth side-quest item:

The wand/staff of The Red Dot. There are legends of of an infamous bandit known only as "The Red Dot". S/He was known for leading merchant caravans astray on wooded trails, separating them from their guards, ambushing them, and then disappearing without a trace. The merchant guild put out eye-watering bounties and the King dispatched his best hunters and guards, but none could ever pin the bastard down. Most found themselves lost in the wilderness that the Red Dot claimed as their own, many never to return.

The wand/staff of The Red Dot:
    Wonderous item. Staff or Wand. Requires attunement.
    3/Day: Invisibility (or Greater Invisibility, depending on the level of your campaign)
    At will: Prestidigitation, Minor Illusion, (possibly Mage Hand, but that might be too much)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    *May not make an "Ever-Replenishing Deck of Many Things" that never runs out of cards
    ** May not make it a cursed item that binds itself to you when you pick it up
    *** May not make it so that you can only get rid of it by deceiving others into buying it from you in a dishonest trade.
    **** May not make it try to compel you to draw a card from it with a will save once every day.