New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Revised Six (others coming soon) from little nightmares!

Six(little nightmares):
    Six is a deadly little creature, a survivor at heart and the Lady of the Morre, the ship that floats on the turmoiled seas of the Signal Waste. This little girl can drain powers, and currently has the ability to drain life from others, thanks to the former might of a deceased sorceress Six murdered than drained. While not as sadistic or cruel as the past Lady, her lust for revenge is massive, and as she sails upon her warped realm, this little girl kills everyone who has ever hurt her, perhaps searching for years until she finds them and exacts her life-stealing revenge.
    Tiny fiend, Neutral Evil
    HP: 221 (21d4+ 168)
    AC: 22
    Stats: Str: 10; Dex: 20; Con: 26; Int: 25; Wis: 28; Cha: 26
    Skills: Perception: + 23; Insight: + 23; Intimidation: + 15
    Saving throws: Str: +7 Dex: +12; Con: + 15; Wis: + 16
    Prof: +7
    Senses: Devil's Sight 150ft Passive Perception 33
    Speed: 10ft, fly 60ft
    Traits:
    Little yellow coat: The Little Yellow Coat is +3 studded leather armour that provides Six with advantage on saving throws against spells, +2 Ac while wearing it, advantage on dex saves, immunity to necrotic and non-magical bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage, resistance to cold damage, and immunity to the charmed and frightened conditions.

Innate Spellcasting: Six's innate spellcasting ability is Wisdom (Spell save DC 24, +16 to spell attack rolls)
    At will: Enlarge/Reduce(Increases size by 3 categories)
    3/day Hold person(9th level version), dawn,
    1/day Hold monster(9th level version), plane shift, gate(while in lair).
    Actions:
    Multiattack: Six makes 4 drain life attacks
    Drain life: Six chooses 1 creature within 60 feet of her. That creature must succeed on a DC 24 Con save or take 1d10+9 necrotic damage and six regains hit points equal to the necrotic damage dealt.
    Draining stride(recharge 6) Six moves 60ft, each creature she moves within 15ft of must succeed on a DC 24 Con save or take 4d10 necrotic damage, at the end of her move, six regains 2d10 HP for each creature that took necrotic damage
    Drain powers(1/day): Six makes a Melee spell attack (+16 to hit) against one creature within 5ft of her. She gains all of that creatures' class features for 1 minute.

Legendary actions: Six can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below.
    Antimagic removal: Six disables all antimagic fields within 30 feet of her for 1 minute.
    Drain life: Six uses drain life.
    Innate spellcasting(2 actions): Six uses innate spellcasting.
    Draining stride(3 actions): Six recharges and uses draining stride.
    Vampiric Drain(requires 3 actions): Six casts vampiric touch as a 9th level spell with a range of 30 feet.

Six is a Darklady, and her realm is as ship that floats through the mists at the edge of the signal wastes
    Lair actions: On initiative count 20, while within her ship, six can take 1 of the following lair actions:
    Six casts vampiric touch at 9th level on any creature in her lair.
    Six casts dimension door.
    Six removes any antimagic fields in her realm.
    Six casts inflict wounds on each creature in her lair.
    Regional effects: Six's ship and everything within 1 mile of it, is under the following effects:
    the fog cloud spell, which six can see through.
    All bright light becomes dim light, and all dim light becomes darkness,
    Last edited by Psyche; 2022-08-31 at 11:33 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cmon guys help me out here

Quote Originally Posted by Psyche View Post
    Still, PLEASE help me. I was far too demanding, but I would LOVE to see your homebrew, and as someone with zero ingenuity myself. I am sorta relying on you people to help me through it.
    If browsing this subforum for people's stuff isn't doing it for you, maybe check the Homebrewer's Extended Signature thread for material sorted by poster. If you're DMing and need help with some small piece of homebrew to fit into your campaign, the current Request a Homebrew thread might be able to help.

Six casts vampiric touch as a 9th level spell with a range of 30 feet...Six casts vampiric touch at 9th level on any creature in her lair.
    This looks like it is for 5e D&D, in which case the vampiric touch spell has a range of self and therefore targets Six when she casts it.

I would also double check the spellcasting rules, because by default inflict wounds requires an action to cast and casting a spell of 1st level or higher as a bonus action limits your ability to cast other higher level spells on your turn. Beside the rules weirdness, several of your spellcasting options might be better replaced as effects that deals necrotic damage to each creature that starts its turn within X feet of Six or moves within that distance on their turn.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

I just need to have an ingenuity supplement.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

I just need to have an ingenuity supplement.
    If you mean you feel you aren't great at writing homebrew, you need practice. No "ingenuity supplement" is going to replace experience.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Experience cannot replace an entire lack of an ordered imagination.
    I'm assuming this means you're having trouble with idea to try homebrewing rather than about getting an idea to fit the rules of a particular tabletop game.
    • Go through your backlog of characters, find one whose concept isn't well supported by any existing subclass (assuming 5e) or class combo and make a general subclass for that type of magic/source of power/method of doing things. If you don't have a backlog of character you're waiting to play, you might get some ideas making one.
    • If there's more than one tabletop system you've played, pick a concept handled well in one and convert it to another. If you haven't learning multiple tabletop systems (or differnet editions of what's legally the same property, which are usually different enough) can give some ideas.
    • Come up with a group in a videogame or TV show, and make a subclass or group of spells to represent them. This usually don't work very well for representing a single character though, so finding a good balance between something specific to the source material and making it open ended enough to make lots of PCs off of can help get the juices flowing.
    • Go through the magic items in the book and see if you can come up with any neat ones. Alternatively, make magic items that are tailored to a particular class theme or to a particular in game culture.
    • If you want more lore and less crunch, try writing up some warlock patrons or deities with enough machinations going on that you'd be able to provide narrative hooks for PC followers of theirs.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay, thanks!
    My characters have been built around their subclass though.