New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Archive.org has links to the old WotC downloads

https://web.archive.org/web/20000818...loads_prev.asp

I know a lot of people were looking for these. I haven't tested all the links but a few work.
    I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
    -The 2024 Character Creation Challenge (#charactercreationchallenge):
    https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.c...tionchallenge/

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Archive.org has links to the old WotC downloads

Quote Originally Posted by thorr-kan View Post
    I know a lot of people were looking for these. I haven't tested all the links but a few work.
    I would caution thee to remove thy link, lest ye fall afoul of the vengeful Mod beasts who roam these forums seeking to devour any who be foolish enough to post links to copyrighted materials. Swift and terrible they be! None escape their wrath.
    Last edited by Mutazoia; 2022-08-16 at 11:29 PM.
    "Sleeping late might not be a virtue, but it sure aint no vice. The old saw about the early bird and the worm just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed."

- L. Long

I think, therefore I get really, really annoyed at people who won't.

"A plucky band of renegade short-order cooks fighting the Empire with the power of cheap, delicious food and a side order of whup-ass."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Archive.org has links to the old WotC downloads

I believe that link to (MAY) be ok (don't quote me i'm not a mod in any capacity) as it links to an archived version of WotC's website where at one point the content was freely available (this is why i have the big huge MAY pointed out)... however WotC no longer hosts that content on their website, which is why the the OP might run into issues with moderation.

I've seen a couple of "look at this out of print stuff" collection links, even some popping up as articles on more repudable sites, and everytime I check and try to do some legwork to find out "hey did WotC release a press statement about giving away this old stuff again?" I can never find anything showing it's actually legit or if the WotC lawninjas are too lazy to legislate/think it's not worth doing so.

I remember downloading a ton of that stuff back in the day when it was still technically hosted on the WotC site. You had to know the right links because they had remade their site multiple times since so it was pretty scuffed surfing, and there was a huge 3.5 archiving project done around that time too, as people were expecting it to eventually disappear from the site... which it did eventually.

which is why as i said: the link might be ok (not a mod, can't say for sure), but that stuff's no longer actually hosted for free on wotc's site so you may run into issues with moderation. I know i wouldn't post it personally. no sense risking a bonk from a modhammer.