New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: How likely is it that we値l see a epic level Red Cloak soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    I came here because it kept showing up on TvTropes.
    When I played D&D - and some competitor games - it was called AD&D but the quoted statement is true of me as well. Even tho' I've long since stopped frequenting tvtropes...

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

I know the topic of conversation has moved on, but as further evidence against the ritual being Epic, Xykon and Jirix seemed to think the idea that Tsukiko could cast it on her own was reasonable, and she's definitely not Epic. Granted, they won't know as much about the ritual as Redcloak does, but Xykon would probably know if it was Epic level, right?
    My bubble cannot be burst. It is impervious to physical damage.

Bugbear cleric avatar by me.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Then again, she was about level 14 and it was a big revelation for her figuring out what school and subschool the ritual is. Even after months of her researching, she had not the slightest clue of what it actually did.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chiming in quickly to note I've never played Dungeons and Dragons. I was still able to enjoy most of the jokes, and the story in particular. Much, much later on I began to enjoy content like Critical Role, which I have open in another tab right now.

Spoiler
    Show
    I've still never played DnD and I likely won't be able to as I have 2 very young kids and we live in a very rural area and I don't have the hours to spare for a tabletop game during normal daylight hours.

All of that hasn't prevented me from enjoying fantasy RPG video games, including very DnDesque games like Tactics Ogre, nor has it prevented me from watching web series about being a GM or how to build your characters.

It's all very fascinating to me, even though there's no way to fit the actual game into my schedule. Even if I could play a game online, it'd be late at night when it's supposed to be silent in the house.

I love the content, but I will probably never end up actually playing the game a lot of this stuff is based on, ever. Maybe when I'm a very old man, because I'm nearly 40 and my youngest isn't 1 yet.

But yeah, you don't have to have played DnD to enjoy the comic, for sure.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

A possible thematic reason to make Redcloak epic, on top of growing more threatening to Xykon, as others have already mentioned, is that there may never have been an epic goblin character given that OOTS works runs on game/story logic and goblins usually fill the role of low level enemies.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mehs View Post
    Then again, she was about level 14 and it was a big revelation for her figuring out what school and subschool the ritual is. Even after months of her researching, she had not the slightest clue of what it actually did.
    Not her fault. She missed the other half of the ritual. As soon as MitD told her about this specific, she figured it in record time.
    Running naked in the playground!

[email protected]

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Laurentio III View Post
    Not her fault. She missed the other half of the ritual. As soon as MitD told her about this specific, she figured it in record time.
    She did not figure much. Only that the main effect is from teleportation subschool. Enough to scare Redcloak, but little enough to consider raiding Redcloak's stuff to be easier than continuing to study the scroll.
    There must be some sense of order - personal, political or dramatic - and if no one else is going to bring it to this world, I will.

Silent member of Zz'dtri's #698 Scrying Sensor Explanation Club.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    IIRC the author has estimated most of his audience is not comprised of RPG players.
    There's at least one person who has claimed he is here strictly for the forum and has never read the comic.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".