New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

PaladinGuy

Default Twitter embed error

For the last two years there was a sidebar on the forum with tweets “by @richburlew”. But at various points in various browsers with no rhyme or reason it changes to a tweets “from @richburlew” bar with less functionality. Can this be sorted.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Twitter embed error

Quote Originally Posted by PLD View Post
    For the last two years there was a sidebar on the forum with tweets “by @richburlew”. But at various points in various browsers with no rhyme or reason it changes to a tweets “from @richburlew” bar with less functionality. Can this be sorted.
    Yes. Disable your adblocker (there's no ads in it, but it blocks the Twitter functionality).

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Yes. Disable your adblocker (there's no ads in it, but it blocks the Twitter functionality).
    I am not using an Adblock. This issue persists across multiple devices. Would you like me to attach pictures?

4. - Top - End - #4

Then some setting you've configured, or something you've got installed, is blocking the functionality. The full twitter embed is loaded entirely from Twitter's servers. What you're seeing is the fallback html for when loading Twitter's live data fails.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

PaladinGuy

Then some setting you've configured, or something you've got installed, is blocking the functionality. The full twitter embed is loaded entirely from Twitter's servers. What you're seeing is the fallback html for when loading Twitter's live data fails.
    The functionality is not blocked. I have used multiple devices both windows, Mac and iOS. I have used Browser Stack and Appetize.io. It is on your end.

This is what it used to look like

And this is what it looks like now.

I assume you can see the difference on your end. Can you fix this?
    Last edited by PLD; 2022-08-23 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Fixed links

6. - Top - End - #6

This is the script which provides 100% of the Twitter functionality:
    HTML Code:
    platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

As you can see, it is not hosted on out server. If that is blocked, the Twitter sidebar won't work. If it isn't, it will.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

PaladinGuy

This is the script which provides 100% of the Twitter functionality:
    HTML Code:
    platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

As you can see, it is not hosted on out server. If that is blocked, the Twitter sidebar won't work. If it isn't, it will.
    This is interesting, but it is not blocked. It looks different. See links above you because I edited my post.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by PLD View Post
    This is interesting, but it is not blocked. It looks different. See links above you because I edited my post.
    Well, again, that script is running 100% from Twitter's server. I could not tell you why it is displaying differently at different times. It's either something on your end, or something on Twitter's.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Banned

PaladinGuy

Well, again, that script is running 100% from Twitter's server. I could not tell you why it is displaying differently at different times. It's either something on your end, or something on Twitter's.
    Are you able to investigate why Twitter is doing it?