New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Galar's New Heroes! [IC]

Nicka

With Eevee stealthily dodging the attention of the attackers, Nick thinks on how to keep his partner from being the target of the others. If Eevee continues boosting someone, they may all decide to go with the easy target and prevent big hits from coming in. He decides it would be better to slow down the potential damage coming in, pointing at Belle and Gale.

"Eevee, growl attack"

Eevee skitters over between the attacking mons and makes a noise closer to a trilling meow than a guttural warning and skitters off again. Nick keeps his eyes out for any reprisals or attacks. Eevee hasn't shown how it can dodge yet, but it's small and quick.

Spoiler
    Show

Growl: max tagets - 2, 1 success each on both targets
    -1 strength
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2022-08-21 at 04:07 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ben raised an eyebrow at Nick's calling a Growl attack on Belle; it wouldn't really do much, but he wasn't going to complain.

"Bellerog, Ember again!" he called, once again gesturing to Gale.

It might give the match to Kei and Star, but he didn't think that he could do enough damage to Star to finish her in one shot, and weakened or not, Gale's type advantage wasn't something he could just dismiss.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Accuracy: (3d6)[2][4][1](7)
    Damage: (5d6)[3][2][5][1][1](12)
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Keep going, Star! Don't let up!" Kei called out. Gale still seemed to be the most dangerous target at the moment. He was still worried about Eevee's assistance, of course, but there was no telling what Nick might decide to do. So following up on Bellerog's failed attack, Star rushed the poor mienfoo as well.

Spoiler
    Show

Move: Tackle
    Attack: [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

"One against three, thanks for the compliment!", shouts Syrus. "Gale, can you go on? Try to use Pound on Belle."

Gale bites through his pain and accurately strikes the Houndour. But the wounds cause his Normal-type attack to fail taking out Ben's partner.

"Great effort, Gale. We're almost done!" Our decision not to compete with Star was made for us. Let's not get Gale hurt without reason, or attack a cu-- defenseless Eevee. There's always a next chance.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Accuracy (pain: -1 success): (3d6)[5][5][4](14)
    Damage (pain: -1 success, Growl: -1 die, Vitality: -1 die): (2d6)[5][2](7)
    Last edited by Opsimos; 2022-08-23 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Forgot to quote the dice results

5. - Top - End - #35
    Colossus in the Playground

Hop says "Alright, I think we're good. Kei, Nick, your mons are putting out the hurt. Syrus, Ben, let's get your companions treated, okay? We've got some berry poultices and other medications inside."

You take a few moments to reassure your Pokémon, and the injured two are are given what they need to recuperate quickly inside. Sonia and Alfonzo come down to meet you all. "I was watching from above," Alfonzo says. "Seems like you've got some potential. Hop and I can each sponsor two people, so..."

He and Hop look to one another, and nod. Hop adds "Lemme go print out some of the official forms."

There's a bit of time while the printer goes brr, but soon enough, you've got one or two things to sign, a lot of things to read (they added some liability waivers after the events of a decade ago), but once that's done, you're officially on your way to the Pokémon League!

"You got food? Tents, or at least bedrolls? Pokéballs? Potions?" Sonia asks. "Because if you don't have everything you need, you've got a few days to prepare."
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36

Nick

Nick is actually sort of relieved things stopped where they were. He was still worried about sending in Eevee without having any direct attacks, even if it did well. The Eevee itself runs back up to Nick, who gives it a good ear scratching. "Good job, Eevee".

Getting into the league immediately then adds to the overload of the day. Sure he had thought about trying this year but suddenly having to choose between trying to train Eevee on moves or catching a new one, and if they want to go through the wilderness area, and what his parents would say.

All Nick can really responds is with "I've been sort of stocking up..."
    Eevee doesn't seem to have much internal conflict though, making its way over to investigate the printer, tail wagging.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #37

"That's enough, Star!" Kei called out as well, welcoming the skitty into his arms with plenty of pettings and scritches. "I hope she didn't hurt your friends too bad?" he asked, worried. "Everyone was taking it seriously, so we didn't want to hold back either.

"That's amazing!" Kei told Alfonzo. A sponsorship from the champion himself was certainly something special. "I'm sure I can get stuff put together for this. A chance like this doesn't happen every day! Right, Star?" he asked, receiving a small mew in return. "We'll be ready by the time the time comes, we promise!" he added.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

"You fought really well, Kei, Star. I'm impressed! Gale, how are you?"
    The regenerating Pokémon returned a polite and relaxed nod first toward Star, then Kei. "I believe Gale is fine, Kei. Thanks for your concern. And Gale, would you leave some coolness for the rest of us, please?"

Once inside, Syrus helped apply the healing ointment on Gale. Then, he signed the forms with a face that soon became stiff from smiling continuously. Noticing that Gale directed his gaze toward Aurora, Syrus asks, "That reminds me. Could you please share some general and training advice with us, Sir Alfonzo? I would be very grateful."

9. - Top - End - #39

Ben breathed a sigh of relief that the match had ended when it did, and a bigger, even more relieved sigh when healing items were provided. Belle was in rough shape.

As he looked after her, he said quietly "You did well, Bellerog, thank you."

Louder, he commented "I'm ready to go whenever." Then, after a brief hesitation, he added "That was a good match, although I don't know how well I did."

Bellerog, clearly feeling better already, gave his hand a reassuring lick, and gave the rest of the group a slightly challenging look, daring them to say anything negative.
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

10. - Top - End - #40

"Work hard," Alfonzo says. "And, much as I'm sure you love your first Pokémon, you can't take it all the way to the top with just one. Find other Pokémon that will complement your team, and work with them. Research too-the gym challenges change often, but a little studying into what you'll be facing is sure to help."

Hop nods, and adds "Don't get discouraged either. I... I had a little time when I wasn't sure of myself. But, win or lose, succeed or fail, you just gotta get back up and keep trying." Aurora, sensing a bit of shame from Hop, pats him on his back, while Hop's Dubwool nuzzles up to his side. "It, uh, helps if you've got friends to have your back too. Alfonzo never stopped believing in me, even when I stopped believing in myself."

Show
    Do we have more we want to accomplish in this scene? Or should we move on?

Show
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

"Thank you very much! We will take it to heart!" The pair picks up a large backpack before turning to address everyone. "Shall we go on an adventure?"

Show
    Let's move on.

12. - Top - End - #42

Nick

The printer stopped but Eevee can't see what the result was. Can't have that. The fox-puppy starts jumping up to try and grab something but can't quite reach. That's probably for the best.

Nick gets himself a bit more composed. Part of him wants to just run out into the wilderness zone and start adventuring that day. Luckily he's not that wound up. "We're going to make it to the big time," responds in affirmation.

Spoiler
    Show
    ooc- move on
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43

Ben hoisted a smaller pack, nodding.

"We appreciate the advice, and we'll do our best."

Inwardly, he was feeling oddly reassured that even someone as apparently successful as Hop had doubts sometimes. He got ready to head out the door, giving a quick whistle to Bellerog, who fell in beside him.

Show
    Don't see any reason to hang around on my end, shall we go?

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

14. - Top - End - #44

Kei nodded. "There's lots to get ready in just a few days," he said. "I'm happy everyone's alright, but be sure to give them plenty of rest, alright? I'll see you all soon!" With that, he waved and left as well, looking forward to when he could start on his new adventure.

15. - Top - End - #45

The next few days blur in excitement. You talk to your friends (those who aren't going) and family, pick up whatever else you need from the Pokémart, and when the morning of your last day in Wedgehurst comes, you wake up bright and early.

Alfonzo is long gone by then, but Hop and Sonia are with your family, seeing you off. They wave as you board the train, a few of the parents in attendance crying happy tears.

The train ride begins uneventfully. Your group is the youngest aboard, most of the others being businesspeople. You talk amongst yourselves, but after maybe half an hour, you hear an odd noise.

Thunk. Thunk. Thunk. It repeats, consistently. Thunk. Thunk. Thunk. Just... Outside the train? Thunk. Thunk. Thunk.

Show
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

"Hey friends, do you also hear that sound?", Syrus asks, pressing his face against the train's window in order to discover what causes the noise.

17. - Top - End - #47

Kei was gently playing with Star and making some idle conversation when he started to hear the noise. "Yeah, I hear it, too," he replied to Syrus. Thankfully, they was sitting across from each other on the window side, so it was easy for him to look out, too, and try to get an idea of what was going on.

18. - Top - End - #48

Nick

While not ignoring everyone, Nick's mind is more out of the window, letting reality set in. Also making plans. Clear plans with objectives that don't take into account anything going wrong. Eevee was being more sociable, exploring the cabin and communicating with the mons that have let out.

"Think it's rough track?" he responds to the question about the noise.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49

Thunk. Thunk. Thunk.

When you look out the window, you see the talons of a rookidee, on the upper edge. And just above, it keeps thunking its head against the train's surface.

Show
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #50

Ben watched the bird for a moment, then made a face.

"Thaaaaaat's not normal behaviour for a Rookidee. Do we know anyone who uses them for messengers or anything?"

Belle glanced up, decided that the bird was neither interesting nor edible, and put her head back down, keeping one eye cracked just in case.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

21. - Top - End - #51

"Maybe we should try to stop it?" Kei asked, worried. "It might hurt itself or something. Though I'm not sure how we could do that either."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

"Or maybe it is hurt." Syrus stood up, flashed a smile at the meditating Gale, and grabbed his backpack from the luggage rack above. "I hope you're not mad if I open this window? If the Rookidee is either a messenger or about to hurt itself or hurt, letting it in seems best." The youth's hand already moved to the window but he still looked at his companions, waiting for their confirmation.
    Last edited by Opsimos; 2022-08-26 at 04:49 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53

Nick

"Whatever it's trying to do I don't think it'll keep pace with the train for long... could hurt itself too," Nich comments on the situation. He nods when Syrus comes up with a plan of action.

"I'll try and bring it in when the window's open."

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    would that be dexterity check?
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

With Nick's encouragement and after hesitating for a moment to give everyone a chance to get their equipment of choice, Syrus, with a final nod to Nick, pries open the window. "Do you wish to come in, little friend?"

25. - Top - End - #55

Show
    Give me a check-either one to coax it in, or one to snag it by force. Or both-in which case, I'll use the coaxing check before the force check.

Use whatever attribute and skill is appropriate, but be sure to justify whichever ones you use.

Show
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #56

"Hello, little rookidee, would you please come in?" Kei asked, holding out his hand for the little bird pokemon to land on it. "It's warm inside and I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself. Maybe I could groom you, if you'd like? Make your feathers all shiny and smooth? That always puts Star in a good mood."

27. - Top - End - #57

The Rookidee thunks its head a few more times, but gentle coaxing eventually prevails, and it rests in your hands.

With it a little closer now, you can see it doesn't look very healthy, potential brain damage aside.

Show
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #58

Nick

"It doesn't look too good", Nick responds to a quick look over at the condition of their new friend. He's probably the worst of the group to make a snap diagnosis, so he continues. "You're always better at this kind of stuff, but I have an antidote and some extra food." He could try and find a glass of water on the train, but that really depends on what's going on with the tiny corvid.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Well done, Kei. Seeing the little bird's condition, Syrus was moved with compassion. After examining it for poison, his hand reached into his backpack almost by itself to retrieve the single unit of medicine within. In an attempt not to startle the Rokidee, he brought his hand over to Kei's very slowly and carefully. Then, he began to apply the medicine.

Show
    Is examining for poison and other damage Insight (Medicine)? If so, Syrus has 3+1 for (4d6)[1][2][5][4](12)
    Applying the potion should be Clever (Medicine). Syrus has 3+1 for (4d6)[6][1][1][3](11).

If it turns out that the Rookidee is completely healthy aside from the poison condition, and that Syrus learns this, I'd like to use the antidote instead.
    If it is poisoned, I'll use the antidote, as well. Here's another roll vor Clever (Medicine): (4d6)[2][4][6][2](14)
    Last edited by Opsimos; 2022-08-29 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Forgot OOC

30. - Top - End - #60

The Rookidee looks like it could use a potion and an antidote. While examining it, you find some sort of weird reddish gunk on it, matted to some of its feathers.

You clean the gunk off, and apply the medication. First the potion, then the antidote.

Show
    Full 2 units used from the Potion.

Also, quick sex roll: (1d2)[1]
    1-Male
    2-Female

The Rookidee looks much better now! He chirps quietly, and starts looking for a place to rest his aching head.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2022-08-29 at 10:53 AM.

Show
    Show

Show