New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Galar's New Heroes! [IC]

Your Pokémon, while curious, are wise enough to not go into the gunk. The two of you who first examine it think hard on what it could be, what it could all mean. After some observation and investigation, you determine a few things:

-The "porcelain" seems to be some kind of thick egg shard.
    -The gunk isn't dead-the bit on the Rookidee was motionless, but looking this stuff over, it quivers and shakes like it's alive

Those of you who aren't looking as close at the gunk see the oncoming threat. Three Salandits, encroaching fast.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Nick

Nick looks for a bit at the goo for a bit. He wasn't about to stop the curious but something seems wrong enough that they should just go back and report it. There's just something weird going on. The red color, his thoughts about the longest day, the overall weirdness... is this dyna-

"Heads up guys we have company!" Nick shouts as the salandits come in. Eevee runs out in front and crouches. "Don't go in without a partner, Eevee."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    [roll=Init(Eevee)]3d6[/roll]
    [roll=Init(Nick)]2d6[/roll]

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

"Get ready, Gale. We're going to have to fight these Salandits. Take the left one and stay far from the others, if possible! Also, here", Syrus ordered before quickly slipping Gale's green headband (with a Pokéball printed on it) in front of his mouth as cover. "Since they're poison types, spread out and beware of any poisonous fog or sludge! Cover your faces! We don't have many antidotes left!", he told everyone. Finally, he covered his own face with his shirt.
    Last edited by Opsimos; 2022-09-01 at 01:55 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Oh, no, no, that's not good!" Kei called out, stepping back as Star jumped in front of him, growling. Though it really sounded more like a cute purr. "Uhm... Look, we didn't come here to fight or anything. Just, our friend here got really hurt before and we'd like not to have it happen again. Can't we work something out?"

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ben kept half an eye on the Salandits, but his focus was more on the moving... sludgemon..? in the crater. A series of whistle-clicks, and Belle was on guard, moving warily between the humans and the approaching mons.

"Make sure you intercept any fire attacks, Bellerog." Ben added as an afterthought. Belle gave him an annoyed glance that managed to communicate surprisingly clearly 'Uhm, duh?' before returning her attention to the Salandits.

It's not any of the amorphous pokemon that I know of... Ben thought, If for no other reason than the colour.

He snapped a series of quick photos and shot a short video of the egg and what was presumably the pokemon that had (mostly) hatched from it so that there would be a record of the find, in case the Salandits attacked and the site was disturbed, making a note of the coordinates as well, thumbtacking them on the GPS map.

With the possibly new species of pokemon documented as best he was able, Ben turned his full attention to the encroaching toxic lizard mons, waiting to see what they would do.
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2022-09-01 at 11:04 PM.
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

6. - Top - End - #96

Despite your earnest apology, the Salandits are angry. You've come to their turf-and they're gonna make sure you don't step here again.

Show
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #97

Nick

With Gale being the first ally and the one that was out for battle first, Nick makes the decision to have Eevee stick by the Meinfoo for now. "Don't get isolated, Eevee. Stick next to Gale. Helping hand!"

Eevee moves over closer to Gale and does a cheering "Vee" while jumping on its hind legs and clapping the front together.

Show
    Priority +5 Helping hand on Gale
    +2 dice on next attack/damage roll
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

8. - Top - End - #98

All of sudden, Star rushed in. One moment, she was holding back, growling and the next she was launching herself through the air, on a direct path towards the closest salandit. She clearly wasn't happy about anyone threatening Kei.

Fake out
    Accuracy (3d6)[4][3][5](12)
    Damage (6d6)[1][4][6][3][6][5](25)
    Flinch on 6 (1d6)[2](2)

9. - Top - End - #99

Star's rush catches the Salandit on the left by surprise, and it goes down, knocked out in a single fell swoop.

Show
    Bellerog is next!

Show
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Having received Syrus' order, Gale had assumed the pose of a runner ready to sprint. Once he judged that the Salandit got close enough, he threw himself toward it like a loose cannon ball using the sudden burst of power from Eevee's helping hand. But this movement seemed too foreign to the young Pokémon! He did not manage to raise his fist in time to attack his foe with Pound, and even overshot his target. Luckily, Gale then managed to use his speed to circle around the Salandit in order to stay in front of the Eevee again, his green headband covering his mouth. "Great effort, Gale! We'll get it next time!", Syrus encouraged from behind.

Show
    Gale should be next. If not, I'll delete this.

Accuracy is 3d6+2d6:
    (5d6)[3][2][1][2][1](9)
    Damage is 4d6+2d6-1d6: (5d6)[1][5][5][4][2](17)

Using one will point to reroll the accuracy once:
    (1d6)[3]

11. - Top - End - #101

"Give 'em a taste of the old Leer, Belle!" Ben commanded. Fire-on-fire wasn't a good matchup, and he figured that dropping the defense of their opponents would give the rest of the group a better chance to bring down the attacking Salandits.

Bellerog's face contorted into a snarl, a surprisingly demonic look from the normally cute 'mon.

Show
    (2d6)[2][6](8)
    ... hopefully this actually does something useful, debuffs don't have a very good chance to hit...
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2022-09-03 at 07:35 PM.
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

12. - Top - End - #102

The middle Salandit charges in, claws flurrying at Star, and delivers a small but painful blow.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2022-09-03 at 08:26 PM.

Show
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #103

Nick

They're doing well so far. Nothing that far out of hand. Nick takes a look over the battlefield and moves his hand over his pokeball belt. Two blanks, this could be it. In the mean time, Eevee needs to keep up boosting Gale.

"Eevee keep up the helping hand" Eevee does a flip and starts clapping with a "Vee Vee Vee Vee"
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Priority +5
    Helping hand on gale
    +1 attack and damage dice
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

This time, being really close to the middle Salandit, Gale could not miss. He used Pound on its lithe body with the combined strength of him and Eevee. BAM. The Salandit managed to raise its tail just in time to protect its fragile body, but even with that, it was still knocked back a little. It did not look as if it could withstand another Pound of this force. In fact, this Salandit looked catchable now. Syrus praised Gale like a Cheerleader before throwing a glance toward his fellow trainers. Will anyone try to catch one of these two Salandits?, he wondered.

Show
    Gale uses Pound on the middle Salandit.
    Accuracy: 3d6+2d6 (HH): (5d6)[2][4][2][5][6](19)Damage: 4d6+2d6 (HH+Leer): (6d6)[2][3][6][1][5][2](19)
    Potential crit: (2d6)[5][5](10)

= 2 damage.

Gale will also attempt to evade any incoming attack.
    Evasion: (3d6)[2][4][3](9)

= He will fail due to Multiple Actions.

15. - Top - End - #105

The Salandit takes a nasty hit-she's on her last legs, and is looking for a way out of this fight.

Show
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #106

"Knock that one out, Belle!" Ben commanded, pointing at the wavering salandit. He didn't want to kill the 'mon just for defending its territory, after all.

Show
    (3d6)[3][2][4](9) accuracy for ember,
    (5d6)[5][4][2][2][1](14) for damage if it hits, and no roll for burn damage, since these are fire types

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

17. - Top - End - #107

The injured Salandit, still valiantly fighting on, tries for a scratch, and misses.

Show
    Show

Show

18. - Top - End - #108

Nick

Now's his chance! With the Salandit weak and not escaping or behind cover, it's the best opportunity he's going to get to capture one. He takes one of the empty pokeballs off of his belt and throws, letting fate take care of the rest.

Spoiler
    Show

Throw (3d6)[6][3][6](15)
    Capture (4d6)[4][1][2][3](10)
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109

Kei could very well see that one of the salandits was on its last legs, so he pointer Star to the other. "Get that one! Don't let it hurt us!" he called out, causing Star to quickly change course as she was headed for the first and quickly run into the second one.

Attack (Tackle)
    (3d6)[1][2][4](7)
    Damage
    (5d6)[6][2][6][3][1](18)

Star will dodge if attacked
    (3d6)[3][4][3](10)

Kei will attempt to capture on his turn if Nick doesn't.

20. - Top - End - #110

Seeing that Nick had missed his chance at capturing the weakened salandit, Kei got out one of his own pokeball to take his turn at making an attempt.

(4d6)[1][1][3][4](9)

21. - Top - End - #111

Despite her injuries, the Salandit stays tricky in her motions, and evades both balls.

Show
    Show

Show

22. - Top - End - #112

Nick

There's still a battle going on. Nick, after a second, is able to shake himself back into concentration. He's only got one spare left, but it looks like the Salandits are at least spirited. He takes the last ball off his belt just in case, and issues the expected order to Eevee.

"Keep Helping Hand, Eevee, we've got this!"
    Eevee continues to cheer for Gale.

Spoiler
    Show
    Helping Hand
    (3d6)[4][6][5](15)

Potential evade
    (3d6)[4][6][6](16)

Will take a trainer action if there's a Salandit at 1hp left when Nick's turn comes up.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113

"Great job, Star! Come back here!" Kei called out, opening his arms. "Skitty!" Star called back proudly, rushing into his open arms, with him receiving her in a spinning hug. He did look a bit disappointed as he looked upon the salandit that two of them had tried to capture, a pair of broken pokeballs now lying uselessly on the ground. He looked over, too, at their now calm surroundings. "Little rookidee?" he called out. "I think it's safe to come out now!"

24. - Top - End - #114

The Rookidee pokes his head out from where he had taken cover. "Dee! Dee," he coos, and finds a spot on someone's shoulder to nestle into.

Show
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #115

Nick

As the last Salandit falls over, Eevee comes over for validation and gets a good scratching in the spot it really likes behind the ears. Although it looks like they did well in the battle, the point of it still concerns the young trainer.

"I think..."
    he comments on the situation, "that either they're drawn to the goop or they didn't run from it when it showed up. We wanna call this in to the league back at the station before more pokemon get poisoned?"
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116

"That would probably be a good idea. And we need to think about what we're going to do with this one." He petted the rookidee's head. "What do you say? do you want to join one of us in a more permanent manner? I'm sure we'd all be glad to have you."

27. - Top - End - #117

The Rookidee chirps in assent.

Show
    He's willing to join any of you-if you can't decide who gets to be his master, do an opposed check.

Show
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Syrus praised everyone, then began to massage Gale's legs. Gale closed his eyes in satisfaction.

"Ben seemed to have a suspicion of what this goop is. Ben, what do you think?", Syrus asked. Turning to the Rookidee, he suggested, "That's true. Feel free to join us. That way, you'll get stronger quickly. Strong enough that you can do all sorts of things! Hmm, if you wish to join me, I can also massage your wings like this so that you'll recover quickly after fighting and training."

29. - Top - End - #119

Nick

While raising the rookidee to a badass Corvknight would be cool, Nick thinks if it's happy enough with Syrus, Syrus did do a lot to make sure it got to this point. Plus Nick would have to worry about a different shoulder-rider getting jealous. They've still got a few days to find another mon for Nick that would be able to help him directly defend himself.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120

The Rookidee looks at Nick for a few moments, then hops onto Syrus's shoulder. He chirps happily, and nuzzles into the trainer's hair.

Show
    Right, that's this scene well and done with.

What's the plan for the next?

Show
    Show

Show