New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: Galar's New Heroes! [IC]

"Right, erm. That day," Syrus replied. He had no clue what Nick was talking about but was too proud to admit it. Handing in the last of the forms, he purposely raised his voice and added, "Should we ask some of those people over there where we can find the best pokémon in the area?"

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

The League official takes your forms, and adds "Good luck."

Syrus's raised voice doesn't seem to be noticed-you'll have to be more direct, should you want to make new friends and get some advice.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Seeing that nobody reacted, Syrus gathered his courage, walked up to the kid nearest to them, and unleashed a barrage of questions. "Hey, my name's Syrus. This is Gale, Rem, Nick, Eevee, Ben, Belle, Kei, and Star. What's your name? Can you teach us good spots for finding pokémon? Do you have a pokémon? Are you attempting the gym challenge, too? Do you want to become friends?"

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I've already got the best pokemon right here," Kei said, hugging Star, who mewed cutely in response, "but I wouldn't mind getting another one or two." He thanked the official and then followed Syrus, laughing at the barrage of question. "Syrus! You need to give them room to speak!" he admonished. "Maybe you can start with your name?" he asked the kid.

5. - Top - End - #155

The kid-a young woman with a Blipbug-laughs a little at the barrage too. "Hold your horses!" she says. "I'm Martha-it's nice to meet you all. But, um, yeah! I'm part of the League Challenge too! I've got ol' reliable, Martha Junior here," she pats the Blipbug on its side. "I, uh, got her when I was young. Don't judge me on the nickname. And I've got a Grubbin too, in a Pokeball."

She thinks a moment. "I'm from around here-my dad works for the League. But I actually caught these guys down in the sewers. My dad doesn't like me going into the Wild Area alone, but he thinks the city's a lot safer."

Show
    Show

Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ben frowned a little as Nick announced to the world that they had been sponsored by Alfonso and Hop, then sighed in relief when nobody much paid any notice. Bellerog glanced up at him, then settled into her usual waiting position, laying across his feet so that he couldn't walk away very easily.

He'd spent the time on the train grooming her carefully, and now she fairly shone in the light, her coat smooth and glossy, and her bones polished immaculately- she even had a gleaming fresh ribbon, her usual purple, but so dark it was almost black with purple highlights. A quick visit to the Pokemon centre when they first arrived, and she was back in top form health-wise as well.

Ben nodded, a bit formally, to Martha when she introduced herself, and allowed himself a small smile when she introduced her blipbug, comfortable in the knowledge that Bellerog's embarrassing original name had been rated, and then promptly forgotten when she got her current name.

"We need to do some catching, aye, but I think we'd also be smart to pick up some odd jobs, since I don't think any of us have much cash right now."

He inclined his head to Martha. "You said you were from around here- is there a job board or similar for visiting trainers?"
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

7. - Top - End - #157

She thinks a moment. "Not so much an official job board or anything like that, but I'd be happy to help find some people who can use help from you all, if you like. What kinda skills you got?"

Show
    Show

Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    She thinks a moment. "Not so much an official job board or anything like that, but I'd be happy to help find some people who can use help from you all, if you like. What kinda skills you got?"
    "Hey Martha, hi Martha Jr.", Syrus happily replied. "Thanks for your help! And great idea, Ben. I, myself, know a lot about pokémon and teambuilding since my dad ran a library overseas in which I grew up. Other than that, my parents always tell me I'm fantastic at washing the dishes. Hmm, should we visit the sewers while we're here? Oh, and Martha, you still haven't answered if you want to become our friend!"

9. - Top - End - #159

"Um, yeah!" she says. "I'd love to have new friends. It's been a little lonely since John moved to Kanto."

Show
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Firbolg in the Playground

Nick

With the others having their own leads and plans, Nick doesn't want to get in the way or overcrowd any situation. He keeps an ear out on what Ben is asking, as that could be relevant. For the moment he and Eevee just take a moment to breath. The place looks really different from where they are, or maybe he was just a kid when he was here as a spectator.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

"Great!" Syrus smiled upon making a new friend. I should ask her for a battle at some point.

12. - Top - End - #162

"I know quite a bit about pokemon care," Kei replied. "And... well, not much else. I never really had a job or anything like that. Oh, but I'm pretty ok at grooming, too! See?" he added, showing off his very well-groomed skitty. "And I guess sewers would be a good enough place to start, too. So it's really nice to meet you both!" he added, giving his brightest smile.

13. - Top - End - #163

Martha grins back. "So, what'll it be first? Job hunting for cash, or mon hunting in the sewers?"

Show
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #164

"I think mon hunting first," Kei said. "I have a pair of pokeballs I can use still, befor I need to restock, though if everyone want to do the other,, that would be good, too. Even better if we can do both at once, somehow."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

"I'm already dirty from traveling through the wilderness area. Best time to go into the sewers! But I don't mind looking for jobs first if you, Nick and Ben, prefer that."

16. - Top - End - #166

Nick

Nick takes thinks for a minute. There was a talk of a grubbin, so his mind wanders to how awesome a Vikavolt would be. Then Eevee stirs a bit and he's reminded of matching wraparound shades. Clearly there is an important conundrum at hand. As much as the latter would be cool, Nick decides that he still needs to focus and get a pokemon that can attack. As much as the group has been letting Eevee shine, there's going to be times Nick needs to act on his own.

Acting calm and nice he approaches where the group is talking to the kid, "If we wanted to make friends with the sewer pokemon, what kind of stuff do they like?"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

17. - Top - End - #167

"Food is a big one-most of the stuff down there isn't exactly fine cuisine," Martha says as you all walk out of the League building. "Though some of them like the rotting stuff. Um, shiny objects too! Things get grimy down there, so bits of sparkle and color are always appreciated. They also tend to be a lil' territorial-so tread carefully."

Show
    Show

Show

18. - Top - End - #168

"Oh, I definitely have some great food!" Kei called out as he pulled out a can of deluxe pokefood. "I guess... Maybe I should have spent less on these and more on pokeballs, though," he added.

19. - Top - End - #169

Ben waggled a hand. "Eh, honestly the gourmet food is still a lot cheaper than the Pokeballs. Those can get expensive in a hurry."

He gave a small smile and held up his own can of gourmet food.

"Oh, and I haven't really held down a job, but I've volunteered around the Professor's lab for the last year or so, and I can do a decent grooming job, also... although I'm mostly experienced with Bellerog, which means carapace care for her bones, and short-coated fur."
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

20. - Top - End - #170

Martha nods. "Yeah, being a trainer isn't cheap. But if you can pull it off, it'll pay for itself."

You chat a little more before you reach the sewer entrance. It's covered in a corroded grate, easy enough to make your way through. "Do be careful of the edges-they're a lil' sharp! Don't want to cut yourself."

Show
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

"How much do you usually battle, Martha?", Syrus asked as he accepted the outstretched hand of the far nimbler Gale who had entered the sewer system before him. Not that he couldn't get in there himself. He just didn't want to disturb Rem who, although awake by now, had made himself comfortable on his head.

22. - Top - End - #172

"Oh, I hope so!" Kei said. "I'd love to be able to just keep training and taking care of pokemon!" Just as asked, he very carefully tried to go through the grate without hurting himself. For now, he'd put Star away, too, not wanting to risk her getting hurt, sick or dirty, walking around in a sewer.

23. - Top - End - #173

Nick

"Thanks for the advice, kid," Nick replies to Martha as he makes his way down the ladder into the sewer. Not wanting to risk jumping down, Eevee plants itself firmly on his head on the way down, waving to Martha along the way.

Once he's down on his feet again, Nick starts thinking on the lures. The others seem to want to use the wet food they have, but Nick's got plans for that during training. The rookidee liked the dry chow well enough. First thing's first though. Get his bearings, hope this is a storm sewer.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174

"Other trainers?" she says. "Maybe once a month or so-the trainers here are kinda cliquey, but every once in a while, some other youngster from outside the city is passing through and we get a battle in. Wild mons, though, pretty often! I spend a lot of time down here-speaking of which, careful there. That section's a little shoddily built, so step very lightly."

Martha helps you maneuver past the old stonework, and as you head deeper, she pulls out a flashlight to illuminate the path. "It gets real dark, real quick in here. Some areas are lit-but those don't often have Pokémon!"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    So, plan?

Wander the sewers till you find mons, lay bait down to attract them, what's the plan?

Show
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #175

You travel through the sewers for what feels like hours, but is probably closer to just one or two. The few mons you spy skittishly scurry away before you can engage with any of them.

Martha frowns, when you reach another, better-lit spot. "I'm sorry, guys. I promise there's usually more! But... I guess luck's not on our side today."

Show
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #176

Nick

"Maybe we spooked them on the way in," Nick reasons in a quieter tone. "I'm going to take a look ahead, quieter."
    With that Nick tries to stealthily sneak up to the next bend or obstruction to have a peek over, trying not to upset whatever could be listening.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dexterity/stealth sound good?
    (2d6)[2][1](3)
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177

Ben winced as Nick forged ahead, making slightly less noise than a herd of Mamoswine tap-dancing on empty crisp packets. Bellerog lay down and put her front paws over her ears, cowering, although a slight upturn to the corners of her mouth hinted that it was probably sarcasm.

"Maybe we should change tactics?" he suggested.

"If we put out some of the gourmet food as bait, then backed off a little,we might get some interested takers... and we might be able to split them off from their pack or herd that way, too... or pod, or flock, or whatever."
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2022-09-27 at 08:18 PM.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

28. - Top - End - #178

"I think that's about as good a plan as we can get," Kei said, reaching into his pack to pull out a can of expensive, premium food. "I was planning on giving this one as a welcome gift to my first new pokemon, but... I guess it can me a pre-welcome gift instead?"

29. - Top - End - #179

You place your bait out, after the sneaking failed spectacularly. Martha ushers you all to a quiet and somewhat dark corner, and you wait.

A minute passes... Then two... And then, just as you start to think Maybe we just wasted our food, you see a charjabug tentatively poke its head out. It looks left, right, up, down... And chirps a little, signaling its brood. Three grubbins rush forward, and begin to munch on the goodies, under the watchful eyes of the charjabug.

Show
    Show

Show

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

"Huh," Syrus whispered. "They're not gross at all. They're kind of… cute?" Then, he kept silent and joined Rem and Gale in watching out for hidden ambushes or sneak attacks.