New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Me, Maw-self, and I OOC

Just to clarify the reason it's 2 might points to apply effort. Normally effort costs 3 points, but because of the edge Max has in might, it's actually reducing the cost by 1 point.

(1d20+9)[12] Ugh.. That's not cool.. But that's clearly what the rolls are saying so yeah. He missed.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-14 at 10:17 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Round 1

I'm calling this round 1 since the enemy was surprised. But third time's a charm? More effort on the attack but he's isn't surprised anymore.

(1d20+6)[13] Another miss.. I don't think Entropy attacks, he doesn't really perceive Max as any threat at this point. But he will! I'm choosing to use Max's Incredible Action this round to automatically succeed in punching Entropy. But triggering a free GM intrusion because of it. Entropy still will get hit and take 6 points of damage (2 armor brings it from 8 to 6). But what is the nature of this GM Intrusion? Gratify Legal Matters? So I think this means that Entropy is going to declare an authority through the government as to why he is here taking Max in. Definitely something to give Max pause.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-14 at 10:35 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Does Entropy take advantage of this hesitation to strike back at Max? I think it's likely.
    6+ on d20 is a yes(1d20)[17] He does take a swing at Max
    Modifier vs 6 (1d20)[8] But not modifier, he takes the swing.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-14 at 10:37 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Ah! But does Max dodge? He is trained in speed defense (1d20+3)[12] Nope...
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-14 at 10:43 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Max is gonna take some steps back and try to regroup. It'll be his first recovery roll. (1d6+1)[2] these really are the worst rolls... But I'll take the 2 more points to the might pool.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-14 at 10:46 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Another speed defense roll and seeing how it's going, he is going to apply effort. So -3 points of speed. (1d20+6)[20]

7. - Top - End - #37

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Hey! He dodged it! Let's give another swing! ... plus effort... (1d20+6)[10] Uggghhhh... Miss again..
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-14 at 10:53 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Time to dodge (1d20+3)[12] Oh man, this is bad... I think it's either time to run away again or give up and go with him. Let's roll for it.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-14 at 10:54 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Honestly I think it's 50/50. 11+ means yes he runs. (1d20)[16] Yup. Time to run and regroup.
    Modifier vs 6 (1d20)[13] No modifier again.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-14 at 11:04 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Alright, so a quick move to grab that metal bedsheet and jump up to the roof of the two story apartment using Amazing Leap, 1 more might point down. BUT he can devour that metal bedsheet and replenish his pool some. SO a couple rolls to do.

1. Breaking things to eat the bedsheet vs lvl 2 (6) (1d20+12)[31] Oh yeah! absolutely destroyed and eaten. Normally this would give 1 devour point but as a minor effect I'm going to say it can be 2 instead. Major would've been a 3.

2. Is there anything here on top of the roof that he can also eat? Any junk of whatever? I think it's very likely considering the state of the apartment building. 3+ is yes (1d20)[13] We definitely find some other items to eat
    Modifier roll vs 6 (1d20)[13] Unmodified

3. Is Entropy giving chase? Again I think it's very likely. 3+ (1d20)[8] And yeah he is definitely pursuing Max.
    modifier vs 6 (1d20)[3] And there's a developer. Gonna roll IRL: 10 discover cypher 1d6 cyphers! Again rolling IRL: 3 cyphers. 1. Damage boost cypher lvl 6 +6 damage. 2. Sadness poison injection. Sad for 1 hour, all things hindered. lvl 7. 3. Disarm lvl 3. an NPC w/ lower level drops whatever they're holding.
    Max can only carry 2 so he'll grab the Damage boost and the sadness injection.
    And if so how many rounds will it take for him to get to the roof? minimum I think 2 rounds. but I'm gonna roll (1d4+1)[4]
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-14 at 11:34 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41

DwarfBarbarianGuy

How quickly can he eat the timber? (1d20+12)[20] That's 2 more points right there! for a total of 4. Now typically, for each point above 3 in the devour pool causes a hinderance to every task. but Max is going to use all 4 points to restore 4 points to his might pool.

But I think that's our 4 rounds there. 1 round to eat the metal sheet. Round 2 finding the things. round 3 eating the timber. last round for healing from the devour pool, and grabbing the items. And Entropy is now peaking his head up over the wall...

Just so we know, Entropy has taken 6 damage total from 1 hit. And Max has taken 10 damage from 2 hits. And is pretty exhausted from the effort he's put into dodging and trying to hit Entropy. This fight is far from over. And Max is not looking good.. Let's finish this later though. I am le tired.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-15 at 01:11 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Alright ladies and gentlemen! The bell has rung for the second round! I know I'm playing a "young" super hero with only the 3 power shifts rather than 5, but honestly even if I made it 5 power shifts, I would be struggling cause I hadn't intended to put any shifts into his ability to hit. Just that when he his it would be a BIG hit! But we will see how it goes. Now that he's regrouped some , let us continue!

I think that he isn't going to hesitate taking advantage of the fact that Entropy is climbing right now and not fully up. So first things first, he will charge up and with effort try to inject Entropy with the syringe. It's also eased due to the position advantage. So let's see how it goes. (1d20+9)[29] YEEESS!! Natural 20!! That's a major effect as well as making it so 0 points were spent! That is huge!

So for the next hour all tasks performed by Entropy are hindered essentially making him a level 4 villain rather than a level 5. For a major effect. Let's say he's stunned for the round from being stuck with something unusual. He certainly believed that he was in control of the situation but that might be changing now. We shall see.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-15 at 01:37 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Next attack is a punch to the face! (Hopefully) So this is now vs lvl 4 (12) again going to apply effort cause I really want to hit. Eased cause of the position and eased because of the attack (1d20+9)[10] NooooOOooooOO!! Nat 20 to a Nat 1?! I'm gonna spend an XP to reroll, again I reeeallly want this attack to hit.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-15 at 01:42 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Reroll from previous hit (1d20+9)[15] Much better! But only barely. Since this hits it'll be 8 damage -2 for armor but I'm going to use the damage boost cypher to add 6. So 12 total damage. to Entropy. And with that he's no longer stunned and can act.. But Max is right there at the edge of the roof blocking his way. I think Entropy is going to use his ability to try and trap Max basically negating his advantage from positioning. Normally that is a LVL 7 attack but because he is "sad" it's a lvl 6. Still a tough one to deal with.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-15 at 01:47 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Speed defense to not get trapped in the roof (1d20+6)[9] vs 18 Dang he is trapped.. BUT that, is Entropy's full action. Time to take another, hopefully final swing at him. The position advantage is negated, and I'm NOT gonna apply effort this time because one more hit from him and I'll go down the damage track.. Actually. Let's do it. I am going to apply effort. This is a hail mary, whether it hits or not, one more hit and Max is in serious trouble.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-15 at 01:57 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Hail mary blow against Entropy DC 12 (1d20+6)[15] Yes! The hit succeeds!! And Entropy is knocked out! Now what...
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-15 at 02:00 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I guess the question to ask now is has anyone heard the fight going on outside? I think it's again unlikely with 1 exception. which I think is likely. So I'm going to roll twice:

Does anyone hear the fight? Unlikely 12 (1d20)[14] Interesting someone heard the fight.
    Does Earl hear the fight? I think that's likely 6 (1d20)[3] But not Earl.

Any modifiers? After that fight and how it went, the status is no longer stable. Back to average. 9 (1d20)[8] And there is a developer added. Sooo...
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-15 at 02:32 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Did Steven hear the fight? Average 9+ yes (1d20)[1]

And what is the developer? (1d20)[4] the developer is "But Overindulge Ambush" I'm pretty sure that means that the one who over heard the fight isn't inside the house and is instead a part of the DOH and watching him fight with Entropy. Though Max doesn't know there's anybody else there at this time. I think he's gonna take 10 minutes to catch his breath and then come down the makeshift ladder only to be surrounded by the same mean that were chasing him in the forest earlier in the day.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-15 at 02:42 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49

DwarfBarbarianGuy

His 10 minute recovery roll (please be more than 2) (1d6+1)[2] SMH...
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-15 at 02:43 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50

DwarfBarbarianGuy

You know what, I think after that, he may fall asleep for a little bit. Let's take the hour recovery roll as well. (1d6+1)[3] I mean it's better than 2...
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-15 at 02:51 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Does he notice the group of DOH suits waiting for him down below before he goes down? I say its an average chance 9+ for yes (1d20)[15]
    Any modifier on 9 (1d20)[7] A PC Enabler? Something occurs that is beneficial to the PCs Goal? What kind of event? "Persecute Success" Oh I know! Ok let's write it out.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-15 at 03:23 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Gonna take that last recovery roll. (1d6+1)[4]

And then continue this story later on. Cause I have no idea what will happen next.

23. - Top - End - #53

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Alrighty, I think It's time to set up the next scene though I won't get a chance to type it out for a bit.

He's gonna wake up after his long rest at 12/6/10. Which is not great. 10 points short of all his pools being full. But what happens next. I have an idea but to see how the scene plays lets roll the die: Decrease Illness. Yeah that somewhat tracks for what I was thinking. So basically he's going to wake up, no one in the room. It's late morning and as he leaves he sees Steven and Earl going about their business. But when Earl sees Max, still wounded as he is, he will invite him to his apartment to talk and treat his wounds like he did with Steven yesterday. We will call Earl a lvl 2 NPC so it'll heal 2 points.

But will Max be honest about what happened? very likely 3+ (1d20)[9] Max will be honest.
    Modifier? vs Average 9 (1d20)[18] No change

Does Max even know why they are after him? I think that's very unlikely 15+ (1d20)[3] Nope he does not know why they're after him
    Modifier? vs Average 9 (1d20)[17] No change

Is Earl willing to help? I think that's very likely as well 3+ (1d20)[14] Earl will help.
    Modifier? vs Average 9 (1d20)[11] No change
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-15 at 08:05 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54

DwarfBarbarianGuy

So the thing I have to figure out now is... What happened? 03,68 means Neglect Rumor. Neglect rumor?? There was a rumor that Max neglected. Oh I got it!

25. - Top - End - #55

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Time to eat a coffee maker. Honestly a coffee maker is only a lvl 1 item but it's plastic and glass with some metal parts so we're gonna add 2 to the difficulty making it a level 3. Again because of training and power shifts, Max rolls at a +12 so he will automatically succeed in destroying it, just a matter of by how much. (1d20+12)[32] Woah! Nat 20! So let's make this major effect an additional 2 points to the devour pool meaning he has 5 points. A bit of indigestion but he's gonna go ahead and transfer all that back into his might and speed pools.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-24 at 12:19 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Alrighty so total that encounter healed 7 points in Max's pools. 2 from Earl's first aid and 5 due to the major effect nat 20 on devouring the coffee maker and using those points to restore pools. I think that Max's conversation with his parents will happen off camera. But just to check with the die: Are Max's parents safe? I think it's likely, I don't think at this point they would be threatening Max through them as he hasn't been too much of a problem to them. yet. So 6+ and they're ok (1d20)[13] They are ok, and no complaints of the new job opportunity.
    Modifier roll vs Average 9 (1d20)[12] No change here
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-24 at 12:42 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57

DwarfBarbarianGuy

No complaints about the job but are they worried about him? I think that's likely I'm sure they've also heard the rumors about people with abilities being rounded up. again 6+ (1d20)[19] Definitely worried! In fact I think Earl will need to talk to them and help convince them that it's ok.
    Modifier vs Average 9 (1d20)[20] No change here again.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-24 at 12:46 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Is Earl able to alleviate some of Max's parents concerns enough to let the situation be? I think this would normally be unlikely, but him being dignified I'd say he's used to pleasant social interactions so that'll ease the difficulty to average 9 or better (1d20)[2] Oooo ok, he is not able to convince them.
    Modifier vs average 9 (1d20)[1] And there is a developer on this roll! I'm gonna roll what that developer is IRL. 19 NPC Enabler. Which NPC is this enabling. Right now we have just 4 NPCs: DOH, Steven, Earl, Entropy. Oh Interesting, something to enable the DOH goals. Well there goal is to bring in Max and other metahumans. The event randomizer in the Mythic system rolled up "Activity Attention". I think what this looks like is that the will now have several undercover operatives around the Arbor Apartments to keep an eye on Max hindering any chance of sneaking away.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-24 at 12:57 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I think ultimately, the previous roll says that Max's parents are ok with it. Do they like it? No. Are they worried? Yes. But they aren't going to say Max can't do it. He's his own man. Young man, but he can make his own decisions. So yes he is there to stay.

Now what? After that scene I believe that our adventure status drops again to stable target number 6. No real problems there. I'm going to give Max 1 XP for discovering a place to stay and a confidant in Earl. Actually I think that'll warrant 2 XP. That puts his total to 6 XP and I think I'll go ahead and advance him spending 4 XP for moving towards perfection, increasing his might edge to 2. So amazing leap will be free as well as effort in might based tasks only costing 1 might point instead of 2.

Until next time, EXCELSIOR!
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-11-24 at 01:37 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Alrighty, so I've been thinking about this for a while: If Max is "stuck" in these apartments per Entropy's warning, theeennnn what next? How does anything else happen? So what I've decided is that he is allowed to leave the apartment building but only when he is asked to help Earl out with errands. Heading to the lumbar/hardware store, groceries, helping repair around the house. Stuff like that. I'm not gonna roll for that cause that's the only way I can think of (at this time) to progress the story. So what is the next thing he encounters? Looking at the superhero random encounters list 23: Heavily armed robbers stealing diamonds. These are probably lvl 3 and 4 enemies due to their armor and weaponry.

So that'll be an interesting challenge! Hopefully that'll lead into what can be another character arc as well. But hey! We have a heading! Next chance I get I'll try and type that up.