New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Me, Maw-self, and I OOC

Ok, I'm going to now roll for the next scene. With all the build up, we have to have a conversation with Noah. But what does that conversation look like?

ME2 has several tables to randomly roll on and help give focus to the scene. So I'm going to roll on that and see what it shows. Normally nothing will get altered or changed with doubles roll here, but since I'm not rolling normally I'll allow it in this case.

(1d100)[53] Intensly
    (1d100)[60] Mature

Interesting! We've already established that Noah both knows about Max's secret and has been actively helping him. I picture this conversation being along the lines of both checking in to see how he's been since his house arrest, and voicing concern with everything happening.

Later in the conversation I'll roll to see if maybe Earl ands up making his way there or if he just goes back to the apt. oooooooo another thought, does Max go back to the apt? I'll wait to see where the conversation goes and maybe roll based on that.

Also been looking at character arcs as I haven't returned to that in a while, and realize he's in the middle of one already! CSR has a Build character arc and he's working with Earl to help rebuild/renovate the Arbor Apartments!
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-16 at 09:30 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Currently on step 2: gather materials. Step 3 is construction. I feel it'll take at least 2 trips for supplies and several days possibly weeks of renovations. They've already done some work on it with the supplies there, and making their first supply trip. How many more supply trips will it take after this one? (1d3-1)[1]

And to keep it simple we will say it'll take 1 week of construction work per supply trip. So after this trip it'll be another week of work, then 1 more trip and 1 more week.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-16 at 09:34 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Looking over my character sheet, that last encounter with NHS should've been easier. I forgot his attacks are considered "Light" and so the attack roll is eased. I need to remember that.

4. - Top - End - #94

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Ok, it's been way too long since I've updated this. Let's see where we are:

Our PC is Max. And here is a list of NPCs:
    1. NHS
    2. Stephen
    3. Earl
    4. Entropy
    5. Noah
    6. Bank Robbers
    7. Police

Now the open threads I have are:
    1. Find out why NHS is after him.
    2."Can't leave" the Arbor Apartments.
    3. Help renovate the apts with Earl. STORY ARC
    3. What to do now? (Left the apts, NHS knows, Earl is hurt. In the words of The Clash, "Should I stay or should I go?")

Max just landed on the roof of the hardware store, and Noah was up there smoking a cigarette. Time for a heart to heart talk and decide where to go next
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-11-30 at 11:17 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95

DwarfBarbarianGuy

So before we get into the next scene of talking with Noah, the Chaos absolutely goes up to 7. That last scene got way outta hand for us. And because of that, and now that we are in a familiar place (hardware store) with a familiar face (Noah) who we trust a ton, how does Max react to seeing Noah on the roof as usual?

I'm going to roll (1d100)[46] for the ME2 Character Actions General table, hopefully that'll give me an idea of how he'd react. I may not use this result but let's see.

So that result is Harsh and I actually really like the idea. I wasn't sure if he was going to burst out in tears or simply run away or what. But it makes sense that he may take his frustration out on Noah. Noah though would understand and be able to help the conversation, which we've already said is going to be Intensely Mature, and help Max decide what step to take next.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-11-30 at 11:30 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I think that's a good start to this. I need to sleep though so we will return. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

7. - Top - End - #97

DwarfBarbarianGuy

https://tools.cypher-system.com/acco...racters/eDdlqe

Just checked out the CSR character builder and tried putting MAW in there. So far I think it worked. Still going to take some exploring as I figure it all out.