New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Req: 'A Few Aliens for One Season', or Even Just A Couple of Measly Episodes?

The Monster for Every Season books are a hecking good idea and a great resource.
    Naturally, they have a strong fantasy bias. What I would like to request is a small
    number of modern/cyberpunk/sci-fi characters in the same art style. Has anyone
    done this already? It seems like such an obvious thing to try.

The reason I ask is that if you have a few sci-fi pieces usable as 'bridges' then you can
    use the fantasy monsters as aliens, and the sword-toting dungeon-crawlin' types as
    primitive species on backwards planets. This means a significant chunk of the fantasy
    portfolio immediately becomes usable in a sci-fi setting as well. I don't think you need
    a lot of sci-fi pieces, you only need a few to set the tone and the style, then you can
    introduce many of the rest. You can already use a lot of the guys who are unarmed
    and a certainly a few of the guys with melee weapons, here and there. I feel this is a
    case where relatively few sci-fi types would greatly magnify the utility of an already
    very handy product.

Can anyone point me to sci-fi stick figure assets compatible with AMFES already
    drawn? TIA!
    To speed up forum loading, you can turn off Signatures, Avatars and/or Images separately from one another. See 'Visible Post Elements' under 'Thread Display Options' under 'Edit Options' in the User CP (Control Panel). Only works once you're logged in, though.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Req: 'A Few Aliens for One Season', or Even Just A Couple of Measly Episodes?

Well, Sort of (Servants of the Imperium). The comic features various weapons and opponents that you could conceivable use as a base for creating your own.

Anyone else know of a stick-figure sci-fi comic?
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Req: 'A Few Aliens for One Season', or Even Just A Couple of Measly Episodes?

Ahh, thank you for the pointer.

Actually, now I think of it there is some anachronistic material already present in the OOTS.
    There's those two lawyers, there's the city of Cliffport, there's the gnomes of Tinkertown,
    and there's even a small selection of superheroes. And the Iron Golems ('We are programmed
    only to rock') would provide a workable giant robot template.

So there might be enough to do a few mashups...

I wonder if anyone has done any OOTS stormtrooper fan art...?
    To speed up forum loading, you can turn off Signatures, Avatars and/or Images separately from one another. See 'Visible Post Elements' under 'Thread Display Options' under 'Edit Options' in the User CP (Control Panel). Only works once you're logged in, though.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Simons Mith View Post
    Actually, now I think of it there is some anachronistic material already present in the OOTS.
    There's those two lawyers, there's the city of Cliffport, there's the gnomes of Tinkertown,
    and there's even a small selection of superheroes. And the Iron Golems ('We are programmed
    only to rock') would provide a workable giant robot template.
    Plus the bit with the airship had kind of a steampunk aesthetic
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)