New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Does Posting a Reply to Your Own Days-Old Original Post Count as Multiposting?

This may become moot if someone else comments in the next week or so, but I would quite strongly
    prefer to keep the rules in my main post conceptually segregated from a follow-up post which looks at
    what you might see in practice when you actually apply them. I always thought multi-posting
    applied to clicking 'Reply' multiple times, but I realise that's not the only possible interpretation.

Thx for letting me know.
    To speed up forum loading, you can turn off Signatures, Avatars and/or Images separately from one another. See 'Visible Post Elements' under 'Thread Display Options' under 'Edit Options' in the User CP (Control Panel). Only works once you're logged in, though.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Does Posting a Reply to Your Own Days-Old Original Post Count as Multiposting?

We recognise that a strict "never ever double post" rule would stifle discussion. As such, we have some guidelines for when you may consider it. If the last post is at least a day old and you have something new to add, then a new post is allowed if you feel it appropriate. Posting simply to bump the thread is not allowed, regardless of how much time has elapsed. You must have something new to add or discuss.

Remember that this is a discussion forum, though. If this continues to happen, then the thread becomes quite one-sided and is no longer a discussion.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

3. - Top - End - #3
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Does Posting a Reply to Your Own Days-Old Original Post Count as Multiposting?

And, as another note: Double-posting is fine in your own Homebrew thread.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    And, as another note: Double-posting is fine in your own Homebrew thread.
    It must still be to add new content though, or to announce that you've updated the first post(s). Never ever simply to bump.

Also, if your homebrew does or might need more characters than can fit in one post, claiming several first posts is allowed.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak