Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Cyre Red (IC)

Surge the Sellsword
    Shifter Ranger
    AC: 17 HP: 30/44
    PP: 16 PIv: 15 PIs: 13
    Conditions: Devil Panther's Sight (120 ft), 6 tHP
    Concentration: -

Though genuinely in need of a bit of rest and recovery, Surge will gladly offer to stay watch for a few hours. His eyes pierce the horizon even in blackest night, and he would want to watch the camp while the divine servants do their prayer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lay on Hands is possible without wine, right? So I cast Goodberry (1d12)[8] at the start of the rest and drink my own drink. With my luck, I will be haunted by spooky ghost berries.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Svek, Kobold Sorcerer | AC: 16 HP: 52 +9 /52 | PP: 15 PIv: 10 PIs: 12
    Spell Points: 24/27 Sorcery Points: 5/5
    Conditions:

During the evening, Svek first waits to see if anyone offers goodberries or created water with their remaining spells. If no one offers, he eats his own rations and drinks his own water. Overnight, Svek sleeps in his small bedroll and takes his turn at watch wherever he is assigned.

"I can take whatever shift you want me to."

His dark skin, small size, and excellent night vision usually make him a pretty good watch.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Action: [S] none
    Bonus Action: none
    Reaction: shield if needed
    Movement:none
    Object Interaction: none
    Concentration: none

Spoiler: Notes
    Show
    Duvi (Duvamil Sparklegem) gnome, Majordomo for Prince Oargev.
    Haydith ir'Wynarn, Princess of Karnnath
    Kellar d'Kundarak
    Mialee, a Valenar elf who is training Oargev's troops
    job in Kalazart (have map)
    rescue salvage crew
    Bring back documents
    Kundarak loot can be sold to Kundarak
    In New Cyre - Cyran Metalworks for armor and weapons
    Dalsin's Wondrous Emporium - some magic items
    Finas Tiyas, halfling ghost, now in Honor, needs to return sword to Eston.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Aanash
    Tiefling Barbarian/Wizard/Warlock
    AC: 19 HP: 57/57
    PP: 12 PIv: 11 PIs: 12
    Conditions: Arcane Ward (5/5), Temp HP (6)

"How long until we planned to make our camp?" Aanash asks, peering at the campsite from afar. "Should one already be prepared for us, could we not use it?" In the end however it is too eerie for the others, so he shrugs and marches on.

When time comes to set up a camp of their own, he stretches and takes a seat. "I find it easier to stay up than to wake up, mm? I can join in first watch." He unfurls one of his personal ration packs, a crumbly flat bread stuffed with dried vegetables and sprinkled with a light sprinkle of sawdust for seasoning. And of course a helping of water. Staying hydrated when exerting yourself is important.

No need has he of their wine just yet.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Having checked over the campsite, Adam nods. "This will be perfect. Clear lines of sight are about the best we can hope for in the Mournlands. If anyone needs water or food, I have some extra."

As the plan for watches are suggested, Adam looks to Honor, before looking at everyone else. "I think setting up a simple rotation should work. Aanash, myself, Surge, then Svek. We each take two hour watches, before rotating. In the next night, I can take first watch, then Surge, Svek, and The Iron Witch. Honor, I believe, can keep reasonably aware throughout the night?" He gives Honor another look.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

First Sergeant Honor
    Warforged Paladin of Conquest
    AC: 19 HP: 54/54 Temp HP 11
    PP: 11 PIv: 9 PIs: 14
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    4 / 5 d10 HD
    Spell Slots- 2/4 1st, 2/2 2nd
    Lay on Hands- 15/25

Honor finds a seat on a rock, eases down to a sentry's position, and turns to Adam. "I will watch throughout the night. I do not tire easily. However, two sets of eyes would be wiser, as I am not infallible. I just ask that they do not expect me to be good company. I am... anti-social." Honor's face turned slightly towards Aanash, watching him eat his ration bread out of the corner of his eye with... curiosity. Perhaps ill understood longing? Perhaps nothing.
    The Bear is Back.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Your watches pass mercifully quietly. Figures and shades occasionally pop up in the distance, shifting against the sands, but none approach, and they might just be figments of your imagination. Finas stays mostly quiet, though at one point he starts counting clouds, trees, and whatever else he can see to pass the time inside Honor's head. "You get used to finding your own entertainment when you're stuck in one spot for years," he offers by way of explanation.

Eventually - though perhaps not quickly enough for Honor's own sanity - you feel well rested enough to continue on, greeting a morning that looks identical to high noon, dusk and midnight. As you pack up your belongings you spot a ball of flame rolling across the wilderness, surrounded by what seems to be the shell of a barn or similar building, burned out and burning, yet still intact. On the winds you catch the echo of a woman's scream from the flames, but it neither moves towards you nor is it in your path, and at its speed it seems unlikely you could catch it - if you even wanted to.

Not long into your morning journey you spot a small stone building surrounded by a wooden spike barricades. From the crumbled spire and architecture the building may have once been a church or temple, but it stands alone, with only wide piles of cracked stone and splintered wood to mark the village or town that was once there. A few patchwork tarps are set up inside the perimeter of the barricades, and flickering campfire light highlights the ruined stone of the church wall, though the figures beside them don't need the heat.

From your south-westerly approach you can see four figures outside, but there could easily be more inside as they look to be on watch. They don't seem to have spotted you yet, but while the rubble is widespread the portions of it aren't sufficient to offer as cover to make an unseen approach. If you wish to get close, they will see you.

Spoiler: Int (History or Religion) The Blades
    Show

Spoiler: DC8
    Show

A relatively new philosophy, faction, or (according to some) cult of Warforged, they seem primarily based inside the Mournland. They are a disciplined - if brutal - military force, and are viewed as such by many.

Spoiler: DC13
    Show

Blades are not a typical religion or philosophy in that they place no special value around a spiritual existence and care little for the notion of a soul. With no evidence of the distant gods, they instead put their faith and worship in that which they can see: The Lord of Blades. This faith seems to provide tangible benefits, creating a positive feedback loop between the two.

Though still relatively new to Khorvaire their philosophy has made an impact across the Five Nations owing to their (perceived or actual) Warforged-supremacist, stating that they were meant to rule over Eberron. Encounters between Blades and non-warforged typically ends in violence, and is rarely productive.

Spoiler: DC19
    Show

Though many believe that The Blades are nothing but an aggressive military force this isn't quite true: the Lord of Blades often sends servants into any city or settlement with a notable warforged population to help convert those to his cause. Disciplined and controlled, a Blade can interact peaceably with "temporaries" (as the non-warforged are sometimes called by Blades) if ordered to maintain their cover or not engage.

Spoiler: Int (History or Religion) Godforged
    Show

Show

The Godforged are a sect of warforged who believe that their souls were bestowed upon them by a construct god - the Becoming God - and seek to build their god a body, that they might inhabit this world also.

Show

The majority of the Godforged are located inside the Mournland, scouring the ruins of Cyre for pieces to both enhance themselves (which is viewed as a method of worship for their god) and to build the Becoming God's body. While they do have adherents who reside outside of the Mournland, these tend to be a rarity. Typically, the reason given for their focus on the Mournland is that this is where the Genesis Forge was built by House Cannith, and many Godforged believe that the Genesis Forge is a key component of their god's construction.

Warforged who worship the Becoming God are typically non-hostile so long as they are not interfered with, but equally take any attempt to interfere with their journey as a personal affront, and may react poorly.

Show

Some Godforged have taken to crafting a 'dragonmark' - the Mark of the Becoming - to their bodies. They are aware of dragonmarks, and that they have a connection to the draconic prophecy, and so their own destiny must likewise be something they can forge for themselves, just as they can forge their god a body. Marks of the Becoming vary in shape, though all bear the central feature of an opening construct eye.

Spoiler: Int (History or Religion) Reforged
    Show

Show
    At their core, Reforged seek an identity beyond that of war machines. Of warforged, they are perhaps unusual in that they seek and seem to feel emotions at a much higher potency than most of their kind.

Show

Reforged are the least likely of the three major warforged philosophies to be found in the Mournland. Their drive to explore their place in the world makes them seek out places teeming with civilisation and life. Some Reforged believe that the apotheosis of their kind is to be become flesh and blood - true 'organics'. They typically espouse coexistence with other races.

Show

There is no official Reforged organisation or hierarchy, but instead a loose, appropriately organic network of individuals who share the same belief and aid each other in spreading and exploring their philosophy which is generally centred around four maxims:
    I choose, therefore I live.
    The purpose of life is living.
    All living beings have the right to choose.
    Some choices demand punishment.

The exact interpretations and how these maxims are implemented differs depending on the individual, as is the case for any philosophy.

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

Master Homebrew Index (5e)

7. - Top - End - #127

GreenSorcererElf

Awakening, and taking care of his morning duties, Adam takes a long look around the barren wastes of the Mournlands, before finishing packing his equipment, tightening the last strap of his armor, and swinging his pack up onto his back.

After a few hours of hiking, Adam's eyes narrow as he takes in the sights ahead. "Looks like another expedition. Perhaps they might have word of the prior expedition? Or else they're Blades or Godforged, which might be more of an issue. With luck, one that can be resolved with words, rather than blades."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

8. - Top - End - #128

BlueKnightGuy

Aanash

At Camp

Sitting on the edge of the hill, Aanash looks over at Honor staring and grins, a couple of pieces of bread stuck to his bear trap teeth. "Do you wonder if illusionists could conjure feelings of taste and fullness?" he ponders, aloud. "Oh, or touch," he adds with an eyebrow wiggle. "These could be quite profitable endeavors, especially among the Reforged. I should consider patenting the idea!"

The Morning

Come their distant encounter with the screaming barn blaze across the broken plains, Aanash watches from afar curiously. "I have heard the term barn burner used in this land. Is that a name for such creatures?"

Turning his attention to the ruined temple ahead, he shrugs at Adam. "A friendly encounter is best begun openly, no? If they are Godforged, perhaps we can earn friendship by helping them to gather materials. And if Blades," Aanash grins and pats his fist. "I could use some exercise if they are in such a mood."
    Last edited by RandomWombat; 2022-10-01 at 12:49 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Svek, Kobold Sorcerer | AC: 16 HP: 52 +9 /52 | PP: 15 PIv: 10 PIs: 12
    Spell Points: 24/27 Sorcery Points: 5/5
    Conditions:

The night is relatively uneventful for a night in the Mournlands so Svek covers his shift without incident and sleeps well the rest of the night. He feels safe with the others surrounding him.

When they reach the warforged camp, he initially scurries and hides, but then when Aanash suggest stalking to them, Svek sees the value in that.

"I agree. Let's see who they are. Not all warforged are bad. Look at Honor here. He's as good as they come."
    Show

Show
    Kellar d'Kundarak
    rescue salvage crew
    Bring back documents

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Surge the Sellsword
    Shifter Ranger
    AC: 17 HP: 30/44
    Conditions: Devil Panther's Sight (120 ft), 6 tHP

First and foremost, warforged were tools. Surge emphases the past as weapons of war, but he has made it quite clear he has more than just accepted Honor and other friendly warforged as a fully sentient beings. Be they servants of the Lord of Blades, cultists in search of the Genesis forge to awaken their construct god or Reforged looking for a way to become flesh matters little.

What do we have to gain from such an encounter? Bloodshed is only our concern. With due respect to Honor, but we have nothing to win from this but pain. Unless you are out to loot these creatures; my bow can easily pierce their metallic hides.

11. - Top - End - #131

GreenSorcererElf

Adam shakes his head firmly at Surge's words. "We could use the information they might provide. If they are hostile, then yes, that would be not good. On the other hand, we are looking for a missing expedition, and if these are hostile, they may have been involved. I don't want to fight them. I want to talk to them, but if they won't talk, then I think we will have little alternative."

His mind made up, and his confidence certain, Adam starts to approach the warforged openly, the banner on his back, and his shield on his arm. His hammer remains clipped to his belt. He also watches them warily, looking for signs that they would choose to attack, rather than to talk.
    (1d20+8)[21] Insight.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

It doesn't take more than a few moments for the sentries on guard to spot Adam - when not trying to conceal oneself, you tend to stick out from the drab scenery that surrounds you. One leans to the other and murmurs something you cannot hear, before turning their back on you and entering the building. The remaining watcher speaks up, their voice carrying across the windless wastes. "Hold there. State your name and purpose." A blade rests undrawn on their hip, but one of their arms ends not in a hand but rather in an armbow with an arrow knocked and ready. The wary lookout does not, however, point it at Adam.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

13. - Top - End - #133

GreenSorcererElf

Adam calmly stops, and smiles up at the watcher. "Good morning! I'm Adam, formerly of Cyre, on route to Kalazart. I was hoping that you might have some information about potential threats in the area, or word of any other expeditions that might be out here." He continues to hold his hands well away from his weapons as he speaks, manifestly unthreateningly.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

"We don't have anything for you, be on-" "Now now, let's not be hasty." Another warforged wearing a long tattered hooded poncho appears and lays a hand on the sentry's shoulder. They share a wordless look, and the newcomer nods, then turns back to you. "Adam, was it? You may call me Delver. This place is something of a waystation for pilgrims on their journey, with some passing through. I am not familiar with any expeditions to Kalazart but others here may have heard of them if you want to speak with them." The warforged, eyesockets unblinking, makes a pointed head turn of scoping the area. "I assume you are not alone? Few brave the Mournland without company."
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Svek, Kobold Sorcerer | AC: 16 HP: 52 +0 /52 | PP: 15 PIv: 10 PIs: 12
    Spell Points: 27/27 Sorcery Points: 5/5
    Conditions:

Svek follows along with Adam, walking directly behind him. He is easy to overlook at his height so he takes no offense at the warforged asking Adam if he is alone. Instead he just pops his head out beside Adam's legs and waves up at their new hosts.

"Uh. Hello. I'm Svek. Down here. So do you all live here? There are pilgrims going into the Mournland? What are they looking for?"
    Show

Show
    Kellar d'Kundarak
    rescue salvage crew
    Bring back documents
    Delver, warforged in camp
    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2022-10-03 at 01:32 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Surge the Sellsword
    Shifter Ranger
    AC: 17 HP: 30/44 (36?)
    Conditions: Devil Panther's Sight (120 ft),

Surge positioned themselves in the vicinity. Close enough to be heard properly without overly shouting, far enough so thrown weapons might not reach them. With his bow in the left and an arrow in the right, the shifter kneels down. You are correct. We are scavengers looking for something to be salvagable. These strange lands give plenty of interesting things, and even more danger. Are you friend or foe?
    Last edited by Spore; 2022-10-03 at 07:49 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

"Who would answer 'foe'?" Delver turns Surge's question back on him with a light chuckle that echoes metal in his throat. "As I said, it's a waystation. People come and people go, though we rarely entertain the fleshed. Not many of your make it this far. It's not your land anymore. As for what they seek...you'd have to ask them. A dozen pilgrims will give you twenty answers and then some. You are welcome to step inside, so long as you keep your weapons out of hand."
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

First Sergeant Honor
    AC: 19 HP: 54/54
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    5 / 5 d10 HD
    Spell Slots- 4/4 1st, 2/2 2nd
    Lay on Hands- 25/25

Honor strides towards the assembly formed by his companions and these warforged sentries, saying nothing but taking a prominent position amongst his allies, just in case his presence elicits some change from the warforged to display their allegiances.
    The Bear is Back.

19. - Top - End - #139

BlueKnightGuy

Aanash

Strolling casually down alongside Honor after hanging back due to his admittedly intimidating appearance, Aanash grins and places his hands in front of him in a bow. "Namaste, metal friends. I am Aanash, one who is a little flesh and a little metal myself," he introduces himself jovially. "And perhaps a little Mournland," he adds with a 'dash of salt' motion of his hands.

20. - Top - End - #140

GreenSorcererElf

Spending a second or two scrutinizing Delver and the sentry's fundamental reliability while Svek, Surge, Honor and Anash introduce themselves, Adam nods at Delver's offer. "We would be delighted to visit your waystation, and ask if the pilgrims you are protecting have seen anyone else."

With that, he continues his approach, armor clanking just a touch as he continues to keep his hands well away from his weapons.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Conditions:

Svek again follows along with Adam, staying at his side. He has no weapons so it's easy to keep his hands off of them. He introduces himself to anyone inside.

"Hello. I'm Svek."
    Show

Show
    Kellar d'Kundarak
    rescue salvage crew
    Bring back documents

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Delver beckons you in, past the sentry who remains on watch and on guard, eyeing you all warily. Though the exterior of the building was still recognisable as a church, much of the interior has been replced. Rather than wooden pews for seating there are numerous bedrolls scattered about the place on the floor, almost haphazardly. Rather than bearing religious totems or icons in the corner, there are barrels of water and pots of oil. Only a stone altar remains, dominating the far side of the single hall building, but again any of its original use has been replaced, as it bears only practical tools for repair and work instead of any pieces of worship. Gaps in the building to the sides may have originally been vestries or other such rooms, but the walls are now opened to the Mournland air.

Aside from Delver and the two sentries you've seen, you count fourteen other warforged - two are on guard on the outside through one of the wall holes, but the remaining dozen are stood or sat about the main area speaking in hushed whispers atop the bedrolls. They have no need of sleep, of course, but perhaps they still find comfort in them. Dressed in ragged clothing, they very much look the part of disparate pilgrims with little but what they carry to their name. "Brothers and sisters, these scavengers are seeking news of Kalazart." It's difficult to tell, but there may be some uneasy motion at Delver's words from the other pilgrims. "Speak freely."

With that, Delver moves to the altar, and begins busying himself with some of the objects atop the makeshift worktable, accompanied by one of the pilgrims.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

23. - Top - End - #143

GreenSorcererElf

Entering the small chapel, Adam looks around, quickly taking in the signs of whatever worship these pilgrims espoused, as well as the lack of anything marked Kundarark. "A good day to you all. We're a small group, one that's been sent to locate and rescue another group that may have passed here a couple of weeks ago. Have any of you seen another expedition in that time frame?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Conditions:

Svek is nerver quite sure how his physical appearance will be taken by others, especially these warforged pilgrims, but he does his best to smile and introduce himself. He let's the conversation flow but eventually asks some of them these questions.

"Hello. I'm Svek. Where are you all going? What are you looking for? Have any of you come from Kalazart? Any news from that direction?"
    Show

Show
    Kellar d'Kundarak
    rescue salvage crew
    Bring back documents

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Surge the Sellsword
    Shifter Ranger
    Conditions: Devil Panther's Sight (120 ft)

The shifter takes a peculiar peek inside the chapel. He scans the room, looking for weaponry or heraldry of the Reforged. To his knowledge he finds little of either, marking this group as a party of Reforged rather than other more violent or zealous machine men.

Surge's tense shoulders ease up a bit, not expecting to draw his bow or blade this early. If we may be of assistance, so you have a reason to aid us, maybe we can trade some exotic cog, crystal or other part of salvage for a bit of information. There is little we can offer now, but a mutual trade that helps us all could be a good use of our time. Only if there is something specific you aim for in the city. We organics don't do well for extended periods of time here, even smaller cuts won't heal and food is inedible. As such we won't have time to comb the whole city.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Few move to respond to your questions or greetings immediately. Indeed they seem to prefer to simply turn away and act as if you're not there at all, but one looks to Delver's back and seems to garner some courage or determination from doing so. "Y...yeah, I saw them. Four guys and a w...wagon heading down the t...t...tracks not far from the city." They stutter. "K...kept my d...d...d...d...distance from them."

Spoiler: Passive Insight 13+
    Show

The stutter is a mechanical defect rather than worry - however, their repeated glances around the room and to the sentries say that something is clearly bothering them.

It is a sentry, rather than one of the assorted pilgrims, that responds to Surge. "Yes, your kind isn't suited to this land anymore." They glance at Delver, who is making something of a racket at the far end of the building, before continuing. "We don't need any trade with softskins. Anything you take from the city is ours to begin with."
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Surge the Sellsword
    Shifter Ranger
    Conditions: Devil Panther's Sight (120 ft)

Oddly enough the sparking hostility makes Surge more calm and assured. Maybe that is your opinion on the matter, but you cannot loot what you cannot find, do you? The shifter approaches the warforged in a bold maneuver showing his self assuredness. Like a part that repairs this creature's vocalizing unit. You would have fixed it if you had the parts, and do they have to suffer for your stubbornness? I thought your creed was one of self improvement?

He turns to the stuttering warforged and lays his hand on their shoulder, if permitted. Deal or no, do you know where I could find a part for you to help you? He turns to Delver. We can find almost anything if we have a rough idea where to look. Something you might lack.
    Last edited by Spore; 2022-10-08 at 09:12 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148

GreenSorcererElf

Adam smiles kindly at the stuttering warforged. "Thank you. That matches the description we have for them. Do you know how many days ago you saw them pass?" He also looks over at The Iron Witch, and query in his eyes, but before he can ask, his attention is brought back to the sentry, and Surge's response, prompting a slight frown.
    "Trade is essential, even if you don't actually need the results. Not the wealth, but the interaction, the friendships, the contacts. Used properly, they prevent war. It's easy to incite rage against those you don't know, those you've never met. But what if they have met you? Know you? Are friends with you? It isn't certain, but it is helpful. He then shrugs. "Of course, nobility tend to do their best to avoid such things, and they're often the ones to promote war, because they rarely pay the price."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

29. - Top - End - #149

BlueKnightGuy

Aanash

Aanash, not really any good at the gentler questioning, hangs near the entrance of the temple. Hearing the warforged sentry claim everything in the city is already theirs' irks him, and he gives the warforged a side-eye. That sort of thinking was rampant back in the land of his birth, where the government thought that everything should be under its control. "Not really how it works," he says grimly. "The very idea spits on the soul of this place."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

First Sergeant Honor
    AC: 19 HP: 54/54
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    5 / 5 d10 HD
    Spell Slots- 4/4 1st, 2/2 2nd
    Lay on Hands- 25/25

Honor strides into the church, eyes searching for signs of hostility from the warforged here. He had heard rumors of organizations of his people that were not innately hostile, but his mind was on the Blades, and his hand stayed close to his weapons as his friends spread out and began to ask the "locals" their questions. Honor, for his part, remained silent and withheld judgement for now. But he refused to be taken by surprise.

When the stuttering warforged relayed information on their quarry, Honor approached with keener interest for the situation. However, when the other warforged claimed ownership of all the salvage in the city, he oddly found his way next to Aanash and voiced agreement to his words. "As much as it belongs to anyone the wreckage of this place belongs to the people and the crown of Cyre. We may not possess the ability to claim it all, but that doesn't diminish our right to it. But... right does not mean much in the wastes of the Mournlands. So I will claim my people's salvage with my might instead."
    The Bear is Back.