New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyre Red (IC)

1. - Top - End - #91
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Cyre Red (IC)

Given the chance, Adam starts walking through the various corpses still present on the field, offering prayers for the fallen as he goes.
    "Oh, generous Host, we thank you for all that you have done for us, and I pray that those who fell here, and all of those taken in the Mourning are safely in your hands. That their suffering was brief, and their rewards in the defense of Cyre many."
    As he walks and prays, he checks each corpse for a dog tag, or some other form of identity.

However, before he can finish his search, he sees Surge interacting with what seemed to be a magical sword, and a trapped spirit appearing. For a moment, a bleak look of despair appears on his face, as Adam considers the possibility that this means that ALL of those who were trapped in the Mourning may still be trapped, but after a few moments of calming himself, he approaches the spirit.

Hearing the question asked, he shakes his head. "I fear not, but perhaps if you are bound to this sword, we might be able to take you with us, out of the Mourning, and find help."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

First Sergeant Honor
    Warforged Paladin of Conquest
    AC: 19 HP: 40/54 Temp HP 11
    PP: 11 PIv: 9 PIs: 14
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    5 / 5 d10 HD
    Spell Slots- 2/4 1st, 2/2 2nd
    Lay on Hands- 25/25

Honor's eye lights glow brighter with interest as the ghost... if that's what it is... appears before them and declares itself Cyran military. He approaches, but keeps some distance. Feelings of comradery and sadness do battle within his soul, but none of this shows on his near featureless face. His eye lights change color from his normal cerulean blue to a shimmering white as he tries to gather more intel on this manifestation, and he speaks up. "First Sergeant Honor, Cyran Fourth Company. As the others said, we have no spirit binders amongst us, but even in your current state we leave no brother in arms behind."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Diivine Sense- Undead Ghostie or something else?
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2022-09-20 at 09:27 AM.
    The Bear is Back.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

"A little too serious, as it turns out." Finas replies sadly. The spirit shuffles from foot to foot when you confirm none among you can bind spirits. "That's...unfortunate, but not surprising. Well, nothing to it then." There's a brief moment of pause as he resolves himself.

"When I joined the army I swore an oath that I would carry my family's sword to war and back home again. It...seems to have become a bit more binding than I thought it would be." He points at the sword on the ground, bereft of a hand to hold it. "I can't pass on while it's still here, and only I can carry it, but I'm a bit too spiritual to do so anymore. The only solutions I've managed to figure out are for a spirit binder to bind my spirit to the blade, so that another could carry it, or...for me to possess someone, so that I could use their body to carry the sword. No one's said yes yet, and it's not something I'd like to force on anyone."

Spoiler: Insight/Divine Sense
    Show

There's not a lot of biological ticks when you don't have a body, but Finas seems honest enough.

Finas is indeed an undead.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

Master Homebrew Index (5e)

4. - Top - End - #94
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Aanash
    Tiefling Barbarian/Wizard/Warlock
    AC: 19 HP: 57/57
    PP: 12 PIv: 11 PIs: 12
    Conditions: Arcane Ward (5/5), Temp HP (8}

"Hm," Aanash rubs his chin and hums to himself. "As an aspiring future ghost, it is an intriguing proposal. After all, who would wish to pass to Dolurrh?" The tiefling bares his sharp teeth in a grimace.

It quickly shifts to another cheerful smile. "In fact, if you are a good cohort, may be you can tag along for longer after that and forestall your dreary visit to the land of the dead," he looks among his companions. "Unless someone else would like to help Finas carry his sword back home?"

5. - Top - End - #95

GreenSorcererElf

Adam frowns, thoughtfully, at Finas's words. "Perhaps we might yet attempt other options. After all, what is an army but a group who bear each other's burdens?"

With that, he attempts to pick up the sword, without allowing possession.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

"I wouldn't-" Finas' warning comes a moment too late. When Adam wraps his hand around the sword's hilt, he is wracked by feelings of regret, of searing pain, and death. His vision falters.

Spoiler: Adam
    Show

You're no longer on this torn battlefield of the Mournland. You're in Cyre, years ago, once more, though it's only your familiarity with the land that tells you that. All around you, Cyran forces are fighting a losing battle against Breland as the battle line is pushed back. You know this battle, and you know that it was a loss for Cyre, though Breland couldn't hold the land they took and were pushed back two weeks later, it was an absolute slaughter of troops on both sides for nothing at all.

You see from Finas' eyes, you move with Finas' body, shifting through the press of flesh and steel, swinging the blade left and right when you can to take out legs or parry blows. The fear that Finas felt that surged his adrenaline runs through you, and then it ends. A mace swings down from above, crushing your skull. You feel the both splinter as it pulps your brain.

And then you're back again, revisiting the same moment. A mace swings down from above, crushing your skull.

And again. A mace swings down from above, crushing your skull.

Over, and over, and over again.

The vision fades, and though to Adam it had felt like many minutes among the press of the battlefield, it was barely a moment for the rest of you. He manages to maintain his grip on the blade, but even through his gauntlet the weight of regret and power refuse to allow him to lift it. It's difficult to tell if the emotions are weakening your arm, or if the magic is simply weighing the blade down, but it proves immovable. Finas lets out a low whistle which might be a little impressive given his lack of lungs. "Most people can't keep a grip on it and get a nasty headache for their troubles but...it's got to be me. Don't swear oaths lightly, I'll say that much. Words matter."

"Thanks for the offer, but I've spent years stuck carrying this oath, I want to see it done, and finish my duty. That's all." He answers Aanash's offer.
    Last edited by Amnestic; 2022-09-21 at 06:18 AM.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Svek, Kobold Sorcerer | AC: 16 HP: 52 +9 /52 | PP: 15 PIv: 10 PIs: 12
    Spell Points: 24/27 Sorcery Points: 5/5
    Conditions:

Svek watches as Adam grabs the sword. He can see the pain in his friend's eyes and watches as the color leaves his face. Just as he starts to move to help Adam, though, the soldier appears to recover, seemingly no worse for the experience, although it is hard to tell with Adam.

"Adam, perhaps you should let go of the sword. Finas, if we let you come with us, will you join us while we finish our work first? It is a time sensitive matter. Then hopefully we could help you. And where is your home? How far is it from here?"
    Show

Action: [S] none
    Bonus Action: none
    Reaction: shield if needed
    Movement:none
    Object Interaction: none
    Concentration: none

Spoiler: Notes
    Show
    Duvi (Duvamil Sparklegem) gnome, Majordomo for Prince Oargev.
    Haydith ir'Wynarn, Princess of Karnnath
    Kellar d'Kundarak
    Mialee, a Valenar elf who is training Oargev's troops
    job in Kalazart (have map)
    rescue salvage crew
    Bring back documents
    Kundarak loot can be sold to Kundarak
    In New Cyre - Cyran Metalworks for armor and weapons
    Dalsin's Wondrous Emporium - some magic items
    Finas Tiyas, halfling ghost

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

First Sergeant Honor
    AC: 19 HP: 40/54 Temp HP 11
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    5 / 5 d10 HD
    Lay on Hands- 25/25

"Where is your home, Corporal Finas?" Honor stepped forward, looking at the ghost with the same level iron gaze he always had. "We are on a time sensitive mission for the crown with limited supplies. We cannot risk taking up your quest if it would bring us too far from our goal. Svek is right. We cannot halt our mission to complete yours. However... if it can be done afterwards or during, I will bear your spirit and your blade back to where you belong. No brother left behind." He gives a small salute to the lower ranked officer.
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2022-09-21 at 08:39 AM.
    The Bear is Back.

9. - Top - End - #99

GreenSorcererElf

Adam frowns, suppressing the visions of Finas's merciful death. Better to have died fighting than to have lived, knowing that you failed those you loved. Despite the visions, he attempts to lift the blade, and fails. "An unpleasant tale. And a testimony to the pointless of the war."
    He then releases the sword, and steps back, as Honor steps up, and makes an offer.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

"I've been waiting years; a few more weeks or months isn't going to kill me." He pauses, his open expression clearly hoping for a smile or other appreciation for the dead man's joke. "But seriously, a promise of help in the future is better than being sat around here. Eston's my home, up north."

Spoiler: Int (History) Eston
    Show

Spoiler: DC1
    Show
    Why is it called Eston if it's to the north? Shouldn't it be Northon?

Spoiler: DC5
    Show
    A small city on the north-western edge of Cyre. It was major location for House Cannith.

Spoiler: DC9
    Show
    Eston saw at least a few sieges during the Last War but ultimately Cannith's interests - including three creation forges - there ensured it remained in Cyran hands. The city's prosperity was primarily based upon mining, as there was a significant amount of metal and mineral resources in the area. It had, at one time, a lightning rail route.

Spoiler: DC14
    Show
    When the Mourning occurred, the surrounding area sank, putting the previously landlocked Eston onto the edge of the Brey River. This groundsink caused massive earthquakes through the city, and reportedly much of it has now since collapsed. It was here that most of Cannith's most prominent members were lost.

Spoiler: DC19
    Show
    Mournland-mutated giants recently crossed the Brey River from Eston to lay siege against Angwar Keep in Thrane, attacking at night. At dawn, they returned across the water to Eston once more. No reason for the attack has been discovered, and Thrane remains on watch for any further incursions.

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

11. - Top - End - #101

GreenSorcererElf

Adam frowns at Finas's words, ignoring the joke, and focusing on Eston. After a few moments, he meets Finas's eyes. "What do you know about what happened to Eston during the Mourning?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Finas forms and 'X' with his arms, which is a little confusing on the eyes since his spirit is still see-through. "Zip, zilch, zero, nada, and nothing. I died before it happened. All I know about what happened with the Mourning is what people have told me when they wandered past - and most of 'em weren't very talkative. I got the gist of it though. I think."

He steps up to Honor, who is not far off three times Finas' height. "This is going to feel weird, but try not to fight back against it." The halfling spirit places a hand on Honor's leg, and then immediately blips out of sight.

Spoiler: Honor
    Show

For a moment your mind goes black, your consciousness floating in a void as your senses are eclipsed and occupied by Finas, the spirit taking control of your body. You feel yourself jerk forward, limbs moved on strings puppeted by someone other than you. Any hope of control is torn away as your sight and senses are filled with memories of Finas. Whether intentional or otherwise, the spirit's memories appear as blips and images in your mind - clearly separate from your own, and yet becoming ones you're intimately familiar with. Sensations you'd never felt before, from a perspective you'd never held. A family. Loves lost. Nights under the stars. The warmth of a freshly made meal around a table. The stench of warm blood, ice-cold mud, and even colder steel on the battlefield. The emptiness of death. It's too much to take in all at once, and much of it is delivered as emotional sensations instead of moments.

Honor shudders for a moment, takes a step forward and then promptly loses their balance, falling face first into the dirt. "Think I'm gonna leave fine motor control to you," the warforged states, though the cadence and accent are immediately recognisable as belonging to someone else. The metallic creature crawls, entirely ungracefully, over to Finas' fallen blade and takes it into hand.

Spoiler: Honor
    Show

The sensations fade, and you find yourself on your knees in the dirt, staring at Finas' blade in your hand. Instead of the myriad of sensations before, all you feel in your heart is a deep sense of regret, tinged with despair. Sensations which might be somewhat alien, and yet - perhaps due to Finas - you can intuitively name and understand. Your heart...hurts.

"Wouldn't blame you for ending it here, but otherwise...thanks. Don't drop the sword though, I don't know what would happen if I got too far from it. Nothing good, probably, but sheathing it should be fine." His voice echoes in your mind, as if it were your own, yet not still at a distance. You have full control over your body once more, though the niggling in the back of your mind tell you that if he wished it Finas could assert control at near any time now that you've let him in.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

The Iron Witch
    Winged Tiefling
    AC: 18 HP: 38/38 THP:11
    PP: 14 PIv: 15 PIs: 11
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    5 / 5 d8 HD
    Spell Slots- 4/4 1st, 2/2 2nd
    Misty Step 1/1 Bless 1/1 /LR
    Cannon: 0/1 Fireball wand 7/7

Witchling
    AC13 HP: 18/18 THP: 9
    16PP

"Honour?" the Iron Witch said cautiously. "Are you unharmed?"

The Witchling descended from the witch's hat, dashing over on its tiny legs to the much bigger construct. It grabbed Honour's cheek-equivalents with its little hands and peered into his eyelights, as if trying to see who was now in the mechanical brain behind the glassy ovals of the warforged's eyes. It cocked its head to the side and peered closer, almost nose-to-faceplate with him.

Inside her head, the Witch was hissing in annoyance. Helping a wayward spirit find peace was one thing, and entirely commendable - but the Mournlands were a bad place to take ghosts on as passengers (or, as it seemed, pilots) while still concerned with other risky ventures.
    And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Conditions:

Svek laughs at Finas' joke, but stops when Honor volunteers to host the ghost. Svek is afraid at first when Honor stumbles but it then appears that the warforged is unharmed. As the Iron Witch checks on Honor, Svek turns to the others.

"I assume we're all ok with this. If Honor is, than I am. Is everyone ready?"
    Show

Show
    Kellar d'Kundarak
    rescue salvage crew
    Bring back documents
    Finas Tiyas, halfling ghost, now in Honor.
    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2022-09-22 at 12:42 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

First Sergeant Honor
    AC: 19 HP: 54/54 Temp HP 11
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    4 / 5 d10 HD
    Lay on Hands- 22/25

Flashes of impossible memories. Feelings and sensations that are simply not possible for a warforged. Honor was in so much shock, so stunned, that he didn't even notice the fall into the mud, or the crawl to recover the blade. When the Iron Witch questioned him, Finas responded first. "I... uhhhhh... we..." a weak hand reached up, unsure whether is is flesh and blood or wood and steel, but only certain that there is a large metal mace that has spilled the insides of his head across the ground. Honor's eyelights blinked, wavered, and then came on brighter than normal. Gently, he reached up and brushed the Witchling away with a surprisingly gentle coax.

It was Honor, finally regaining his composure, who stood up from the mud and finished the sentiment. "I am unharmed. I feel... strange. Hungry... never felt that before... but... operational. Finas is allowing me control." The warforged removed a rag from his bag and began wiping off the dirt. Feeling an intense need to look at the rag, Honor brought it before his vision. His eyelights winked out momentarily, and a vivid image of a bloody rag held in a small, flesh hand dominated his mind for several seconds before they flickered back on and he saw dirt and muck in an steel palm. Honor's jaw fell an inch and a half as a fresh wave of emotional sensation and impossible memory washed over him like a foreign tide in a strange sea.

"Corporal Finas, it would seem I am at your mercy, awash in your memories, and having difficulty operating at full efficiency. Please do not make me regret assisting a fellow son of Cyre." Honor stared at the rag a moment longer, part of him sure he felt non-existent blood on steel skin, before putting it into his maintenance bag.

"We should make haste. The sooner we conclude our mission, the sooner I can aid Corporal Finas, and the sooner we... I... can return to normal."

Show
    Rolled a d10 HD for the short rest, got 12 healing. Spent 3 Lay on Hands for the remaining missing HP. Back to full and ready to rumble.
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2022-09-22 at 02:26 PM.
    The Bear is Back.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

"It's not like I've done this before either," Finas' voice echoes in Honor's head. "Don't think I've got much choice in what gets shared."

Taking Honor's direction under advice, the party finishes their breather, packs up and continues moving along the tracks. You are, thankfully, unassailed by further lightning elementals or rogue spirits as you keep walking along the ruined lightning rail tracks, occasionally being forced off the beaten path by land shifts or a sudden abyss. Day and night don't mean a whole lot in the Mournland, with the difference between the grey twilight of high noon and deepest night being minimal at best, but as you begin to flag and feel the need for sleep and rest, you spot a large encampment of perhaps twenty or so small tents, along with few larger ones.

Cooking fires, along with a central bonfire, still burn in the camp, and around one such cooking fire are four humanoid figures who stand motionless, watching the flames. You can't see any other figures aside from these four, and at your current distance you can't make out any notable features of them. Judging by one of the ruined flags flying over the camp, this was a Cyran location in the past. A short palisade surrounds the perimeter, but it's one that can easily be seen over and through, and bears no threat or hindrance to people taking their time at crossing, only those in a hurry.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

17. - Top - End - #107

GreenSorcererElf

As Honor is possessed, and control restored, Adam watches warily, knowing just how badly this can go, but to his great relief, things seem to go smoothly, as does the travel, despite a few minor detours.

However, just as the day seemed to be growing long, shelter arrived. Or potential shelter, Adam wasn't sure which, and this being the Mournlands, the truth of the matter could be anything. Not seeing any signs of defensive actions, except for four motionless figures around a campfire, Adam frowns, suspicions growing in his mind that perhaps this was a message.

Spoiler: OOC suspicion rolls.
    Show

(1d20+8)[15] Insight, are these figures aware of us at all?
    (1d20+8)[13] Perception, are these figures all that are present? Are there more hiding?
    (1d20+8)[13] Medicine, distant doctoring? Are they alive?

Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

18. - Top - End - #108

BlueKnightGuy

Aanash

There are no hard feelings from Aanash about not getting to 'host' the spirit. If anything he looks amused at Honor's discomfort. "Hungry, eh? Wonder if you're the first warforged to experience that!"

Looking out at the abandoned - formerly abandoned - war camp, Aanash pulls out his hammer and spins it with a flourish. Lots of places for an ambush to hide. Such excitement waiting for them just down the plains. "What a convenient place to stay. Think they have made preparations to entertain guests?"

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+2)[7] Perception to look for signs of recent activity around the campsite

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

The figures are too far off to make out too much, but given that they are motionless they might not be alive. Or they could be warforged, or petrified, or simply very good at standing perfectly still. You can see no other figures or occupants at a distance - the fires throughout the camp might imply that there are others, but you can't say for certain. Aside from the fires though, the camp appears to be in a state of disrepair and looks relatively abandoned. The lack of sentries watching the gate, or indeed anyone keeping a lookout, likewise implies that there aren't others and the camp has been neglected.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Conditions:

Svek looks at the figures that aren't moving at all. He grows more concerned as something doesn't seem right about this place. He knows this camp shouldn't exist here.

"We're in the Mournland. No one sets up camps in here. Where are the guards? Why aren't those people moving at all? This seems wrong to me."

He thinks that since we already have two quests, there's no reason to start another one and investigate this camp. He would be perfectly happy to just keep going and leave this place. But he knows his role. He will defer to Adam and Honor since they outrank him. So instead, he just leaves it at raising his concerns without giving his opinion on our next course of action.
    Show

Show
    Kellar d'Kundarak
    rescue salvage crew
    Bring back documents
    Finas Tiyas, halfling ghost, now in Honor, needs to return sword to Eston.

21. - Top - End - #111

GreenSorcererElf

Adam, having looked it over, nods his head at Anash's words. "No movement. Either they're dead, very well trained warforged, or this is a trap." He takes another look, and sighs. "I suppose we should investigate, and find out what's going on. Or send someone more skilled in stealth closer, to see if there is anything further that we could find out."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

First Sergeant Honor
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    4 / 5 d10 HD
    Lay on Hands- 22/25

"We...I... am unsuited for recon purposes. Who is good at getting close unseen and unheard?" Honor looks on at the encampment with suspicious eyes, searching for any risk or threat, but finding none, which just made him feel even more nervous. "Surge, perhaps?"
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2022-09-25 at 10:15 AM.
    The Bear is Back.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Surge the Sellsword
    Shifter Ranger
    AC: 17 HP: 30/44
    PP: 16 PIv: 15 PIs: 13
    Conditions: Devil Panther's Sight (120 ft), 6 tHP
    Concentration: -

The necromancy at display here is a bit too much for Surge to handle. He watches the stages of bargaining with the ghost, always too slow to formulate a protest or reaction in time. Truth be told, Surge was against helping the halfling, since it was immensely impractical. But leaving a brother in arms was not like Surge either, and even when he had not served in the war itself, he was immensely proud and happy to call Cyrians a family. A smile flitting across his bearded face. I was going to protest, but you guys made up your mind already. And I am no one not to aid a Cyrian, considering what your country has offered me.

At the dead encampment:

We are no war band but you can simply give the command rather than loudly thinking what we know already. I am back with intel in a jiffy. Surge never protested the rather dangerous work of scouting. It was part of his job, and the awkward group attention on him doing his simple work was odd. Though remember that I know a trick or two to move us ALL into range of this camp. I suspect warforged or undead, personally.

Spoiler
    Show
    Survival (2d20)[1][16](17)+6 (adv. due to Natural Explorer)
    Spoiler: Tracking creatures
    Show
    While tracking other creatures, you also learn their exact number, their sizes, and how long ago they passed through the area.

Stealth (1d20+9)[23] (if detected, will double move back to my allies, Zephyr Strike if detected in melee range).

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Surge creeps closer to the encampment, darting from cover to cover - though it's sparse. Thankfully it doesn't seem to be needed. When he gets closer it's clear that the figures aren't warforged, nor do they seem to be people. The open faceguards reveal nothing but a black emptiness within. The suits appear to be empty, standing watch over nothing. Now closer it's easier to see that they're not the only abandoned apparel. Clothing and other objects are scattered around the camp as if those wearing them simply vanished. A pile of clothes rests on a chair, its trouser legs dangling into empty boots. Elsewhere a tunic and leggings have fallen forwards, carried by momentum of the wearer no longer there. A pot sits overturned, its contents long since dried into the hard ground.

It doesn't look recent. There's a thick layer of dust settled over the camp, unsettled only by the wind. Yet the flames still burn.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

25. - Top - End - #115

BlueKnightGuy

Aanash

"I am about as subtle as a bull in a pottery shop," Aanash concurs with Honor, staying back and letting the professional scout handle this. He squats down and looks on from afar as Surge approaches the camp.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Conditions:

"I'll keep an eye on Surge in case he gets into trouble."

While not a professional scout, and not nearly as stealthy as Surge, Svek can stay fairly quiet and is relatively inconspicuous, so he flies forward just a little to get a better look for himself and to keep an eye on Surge as he explores.

He waits in between Surge and the party in case there is any trouble.
    Show

Show
    Kellar d'Kundarak
    rescue salvage crew
    Bring back documents
    Finas Tiyas, halfling ghost, now in Honor, needs to return sword to Eston.
    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2022-09-26 at 01:38 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Surge the Sellsword
    Shifter Ranger
    AC: 17 HP: 30/44
    PP: 16 PIv: 15 PIs: 13
    Conditions: Devil Panther's Sight (120 ft), 6 tHP
    Concentration: -

Instead of interacting with ANYTHING Surge returns, now faster as he does not need to try and hide anymore. There's nothing in that place. It's as if the people there vanished from one second to another. And we know this place is uninhabited for at least a few years. The fires burn from the Day of the Mourning. There is a significant amount of worry and disturbedness in Surge's words.

We can investigate, but it is probably smartest not to dig too deep. Maybe we can find a few non-decaying rations or similar.

Spoiler
    Show
    How does foraging in the Mournland even work? Does Surge just know where to find food that never spoils with age? Does it simply fail?

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

First Sergeant Honor
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    4 / 5 d10 HD
    Lay on Hands- 22/25

"I see no reason to linger. It is unlikely that a place like this will have anything to aid our mission, and our mission is paramount. We should move on." Distant memories of hunger stir at Surge's mention of food, but Honor keeps these to himself.
    The Bear is Back.

29. - Top - End - #119

GreenSorcererElf

Adam nods at Honor's words. "It grows late, but we should press on." He gestures to the camp. "It doesn't seem that staying here is a good omen, should we wish to leave."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

After scoping out the camp, the party decides to leave it be - the ghosts of the past can haunt the flames in peace.

You continue on for as long as your feet will carry you but eventually rest is needed. You select a small hillock as your resting point, giving you visibility of the area around you should any creatures or foul environmental hazards make an approach, and settle in for the 'night', though in truth the passage of time is forever difficult to judge when the light never really changes.

Show

Decide how you're going to feed/water yourself for the day - and if you're consuming goodberry wine or not for health restoration, along with any other long rest preparations to make.

I'll assume that Honor stays on watch for much of the night since they don't sleep, but if anyone else wants to stay up put that down.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC