A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Anonymouswizard's Astoundingly Assonant Random Banter #240

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    While I'm nowhere near as familiar with it as you, I would say that from all my experiences with them, a major theme of both Spider-Man and Punisher is that you can't do both.
    I mean, it's not a binary decision.

Not only could I spend time-saving people who need saving and spend time messing with people who need to be messed with, but in some cases the two are one in the same.

For example, sing Saw as an example, I could mess with Kramer by Carmen-Sandiegoing his victims right out of the games before they can be killed or made to mutilate themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Isn't that just Venom?
    Venom's a more complicated case. While he's an anti-hero that kills people(at least when Eddie or Flash are in the sit) he does make a concerted efort to try and help people.

Frank in comparison is basically an angrier Krombopulos Michael.
    Last edited by Rater202; Yesterday at 09:55 AM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ettin in the Playground

If I had the resources, I would set out a table with a lazy-susan on the driveway for Halloween with two identical bowls, one filled with Ferraro-Rocher chocolates and the other with carob-coated cocktail onions disguised as Ferraro-Rocher chocolates, along with a sign that describes exactly what it is and also says "Take one from each (or two of the same, if you're extra brave) and eat one immediately, then spin to surprise the next person. For those who can't have onions or hazelnuts, or who just don't want to risk it, come ring the doorbell for a small bag of candy-corn instead."

I'd probably also have a camera set up to prevent cheating.
    Last edited by enderlord99; Yesterday at 07:24 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

3. - Top - End - #513

Mother found peanut butter-flavored cereal that only has one gram of sugar per bowl(not counting the milk) and is pretty low on carbs in general. The store had several other varieties as well.

Today is a good day.
    Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    If I had the resources, I would set out a table with a lazy-susan on the driveway for Halloween with two identical bowls, one filled with Ferraro-Rocher chocolates and the other with carob-coated cocktail onions disguised as Ferraro-Rocher chocolates, along with a sign that describes exactly what it is and also says "Take one from each (or two of the same, if you're extra brave) and eat one immediately, then spin to surprise the next person. For those who can't have onions or hazelnuts, or who just don't want to risk it, come ring the doorbell for a small bag of candy-corn instead."

I'd probably also have a camera set up to prevent cheating.
    You're evil.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    While I'm nowhere near as familiar with it as you, I would say that from all my experiences with them, a major theme of both Spider-Man and Punisher is that you can't do both.
    Not really.

you have to remember that they're written to teach morals, not to figure out what people can actually logically do with their powers. stories have to take shortcuts with details to save space and its better to err on the side of teaching The Lesson rather than figuring out what exactly is possible to be done.

and notably such concerns get less and less relevant the more powerful you get, Superman or the Flash are fast enough to have time to both mess with their opponents and save people; Flash with his personality probably does it more often than we know, Superman has probably done more strange or silly stuff during the silver age than we will fully understand and for some like Myxzptlck messing with the opponent to trick him to saying his own name backwards is the entire point. but then again Superman is more firefighter/disaster rescue guy than cop, so if he only has to protect people from a criminal thats probably an easy mode/slow day for him compared to the days where he is going "oh no! I have to save that plane full of people while a tidal wave is coming while a volcano is going to blow up AND a train is going out of control, and Luthor is poised to spin some media drivel about how I am a failure afterwards if I don't solve all of those without casualties!"
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

5. - Top - End - #515

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Not really.

you have to remember that they're written to teach morals, not to figure out what people can actually logically do with their powers. stories have to take shortcuts with details to save space and its better to err on the side of teaching The Lesson rather than figuring out what exactly is possible to be done.

and notably such concerns get less and less relevant the more powerful you get, Superman or the Flash are fast enough to have time to both mess with their opponents and save people; Flash with his personality probably does it more often than we know, Superman has probably done more strange or silly stuff during the silver age than we will fully understand and for some like Myxzptlck messing with the opponent to trick him to saying his own name backwards is the entire point. but then again Superman is more firefighter/disaster rescue guy than cop, so if he only has to protect people from a criminal thats probably an easy mode/slow day for him compared to the days where he is going "oh no! I have to save that plane full of people while a tidal wave is coming while a volcano is going to blow up AND a train is going out of control, and Luthor is poised to spin some media drivel about how I am a failure afterwards if I don't solve all of those without casualties!"
    There was a comic that opened with a little boy talking to thin air, about how his dog was lost and they'd tried everything and couldn't find him could "you" please help. It's framed as if the boy is praying, but shortly afterward the boy's mother mentions that he's actually asking Superman for help, as if Superman could hear him or would even care when he has so much more important stuff to be worried about.

Cue the next morning and a typical day for Supermanówe've got deflecting an asteroid away from the earth, rescuing people from a natural disaster, then he gets called by the Metropolis Police, there's a jumper and Supes is really good at talking down jumpers.

Unfortunately, he doesn't get there in time, but when the incidental leftovers are being cleared away a responder finds the man's suicide note: He'd committed a murder but his twin brother had been convicted in his place and was set to be executed that day and the guilt of his brother being killed for his crimes is what drove him to end his own life.

Clark checks the time and then rushes to the prison, saving the man from execution and delivering the evidence clearing him at the literal last second.

And it's like that. All day, one thing after another with no breaks.

And yet, he still found the time to find that little boy's lost dog.

That's a day in the life of the Man of Steel.
    Last edited by Rater202; Yesterday at 08:07 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks