New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Anonymouswizard's Astoundingly Assonant Random Banter #240

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Ooo, self build for the new computer? Full tower?
    I'd go that way if I had more time, but I need to get myself back up and running, so I had to get the best deal I could on something preassembled and upgrade later.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    RE all the ME2 talk... how did you get through the game without having done all the side quests first? That's... really shocking, honestly, more than anything else.
    I haven't gone through the game yet, that's my issue. How the hell was I supposed to know that finishing this specific mission would trigger a "finish the game now" event two missions down the line?

Regarding Project Overlord: Renegade gets the prompt first, but the Paragon gets because
    Spoiler: ME2 Overlord spoilers
    Show
    "hooking your autistic child up to an endless screaming hell of robot white noise"
    is a bridge to far even for the paladin. This is a moment where the person deserves it, no matter what- for the Paragon you're just able to stomach a bit of the person's psychotic ramblings about how what they did was good actually before deciding they need to whip you across the face with a shotgun.
    The paragon prompt comes up after archer admits what he did was unethical. And then still try to stop you from rescued his brother, by shooting you, because he's "too valuable". Shepard doesn't even tell him to shut up, or anything, they make clear that Archer isn't allowed anywhere near David ever again. At this point it's not about Archer, it's about protecting David from a cruel abuser who refuses to better himself.
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2022-11-22 at 05:14 PM.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    I haven't gone through the game yet, that's my issue. How the hell was I supposed to know that finishing this specific mission would trigger a "finish the game now" event two missions down the line?

The paragon prompt comes up after archer admits what he did was unethical. And then still try to stop you from rescued his brother, by shooting you, because he's "too valuable". Shepard doesn't even tell him to shut up, or anything, they make clear that Archer isn't allowed anywhere near David ever again. At this point it's not about Archer, it's about protecting David from a cruel abuser who refuses to better himself.
    Fair, I just kinda am surprised you hadn't done everything first.

4. - Top - End - #1384

Tomorrow, we do most of the precooking for "Have Dinner with people you don't like cuz 'Murrica" day.

Which means I get to make cranberry sauce from scratch.

...I hope it turns out well. I've seen some contradictory information in recipes and we had to make some substitutions to account for the diabetes so we're mostly gonna wing it.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Hello everyone, I have been doing my own thing in my life and I feel very happy and relaxed. As some of you may or may not know, a client at my job passed away last week and I feel very sad about it plus I'm not a huge fan of death. But days later I feel a bit better. I'm not as sad as I was last week but I'm taking it one day at a time. Also, I've been writing my Degrassi stories just to occupy my mind a bit and I relaxed at home doing my thing. So that's about it.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

6. - Top - End - #1386

Comic Book Trivia: Marvel Comics has a character who goes by Trauma.

His power is that he shapeshifts into whatever you're most afraid of.

He works as a therapist, helping people confront their fears face-to-face in a safe environment and otherwise work through their issues.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Titan in the Playground

Fair, I just kinda am surprised you hadn't done everything first.
    I'm doing the missions in order of proximity to my ship. Besides, in ME I did all the side missions before going to virmire and it resulted in a few cutscenes and events playing directly one after the other despite dialog implying a long time had passed in-between.
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2022-11-23 at 06:15 AM.
    Forum Wisdom

8. - Top - End - #1388

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Tomorrow, we do most of the precooking for "Have Dinner with people you don't like cuz 'Murrica" day.

Which means I get to make cranberry sauce from scratch.

...I hope it turns out well. I've seen some contradictory information in recipes and we had to make some substitutions to account for the diabetes so we're mostly gonna wing it.
    For the record, the mixture of freshly burst, syrupy cranberries, freshly squeezed orange juice, and ground cinnamon has an almost intoxicating aroma.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Troll in the Playground

My new PC is here! It's going to take some getting used to, but I can't believe how long I've spent hunched over a laptop!

Having my head pointed at a screen instead has made my spine like 5 years younger!
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Hello everyone, I have been doing my own thing in my life and I feel very happy and relaxed. As some of you may or may not know, a client at my job passed away last week and I feel very sad about it plus I'm not a huge fan of death. But days later I feel a bit better. I'm not as sad as I was last week but I'm taking it one day at a time. Also, I've been writing my Degrassi stories just to occupy my mind a bit and I relaxed at home doing my thing. So that's about it.
    Sorry to hear about your client. That's hard. Although I actually had no idea you even had clients. I thought you worked for the UN.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Sorry to hear about your client. That's hard. Although I actually had no idea you even had clients. I thought you worked for the UN.
    I work at AHRC. A program for people with disabilities to seek employment. I've been working at my job for 6 years. (January 2023 will be 7 years working there.) Also, I found out that the client died from a seizure.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2022-11-23 at 09:21 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Titan in the Playground

I work at AHRC. A program for people with disabilities to seek employment. I've been working at my job for 6 years. (January 2023 will be 7 years working there.) Also, I found out that the client died from a seizure.
    Oh cool! I might've misremembered about the UN thing, then. I'm sorry about your client. But congrats on 6+ years of continuous employment! I've never been continuously employed for that long.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Oh cool! I might've misremembered about the UN thing, then. I'm sorry about your client. But congrats on 6+ years of continuous employment! I've never been continuously employed for that long.
    Thank you.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Firbolg in the Playground

I work at AHRC.
    [Does a quick search.] Well, wow. That one used to have quite the unfortunate name back in the day.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    [Does a quick search.] Well, wow. That one used to have quite the unfortunate name back in the day.
    Looks like that was a perfectly fine name back in the day. Not as much today due to the euphemism treadmill but not problematic at all in the 40s.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Titan in the Playground

What's wrong with Arts and Humanities Research Board?

Okay, I've looked up the one he actually means. It sounds like it was founded far enough back that the medical term hadn't been co-opted, which is fair enough. I guess at this point changing the name is probably far too much hassle.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

17. - Top - End - #1397

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    What's wrong with Arts and Humanities Research Board?
    Besides forming a different acronym?

Okay, I've looked up the one he actually means. It sounds like it was founded far enough back that the medical term hadn't been co-opted, which is fair enough. I guess at this point changing the name is probably far too much hassle.
    Looks like that was a perfectly fine name back in the day. Not as much today due to the euphemism treadmill but not problematic at all in the 40s.
    I know, I know. All I mean is, I can see why they dropped most of it. It… Didn't age well.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Titan in the Playground

Besides forming a different acronym?
    It's the former name of the Arts and Humanities Research Council, which was also the first result Ingor looking AHRC up.
    Forum Wisdom

19. - Top - End - #1399

It's the former name of the Arts and Humanities Research Council, which was also the first result Ingor looking AHRC up.
    I see. One question, though: who's Ingor?

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Titan in the Playground

I see. One question, though: who's Ingor?
    The assistat of Victor Frakestei the mad scietist, I guess.
    Forum Wisdom

21. - Top - End - #1401

Settling in well at my new job. Actually doing work! Haven't had much free time during it, so I haven' been able to write much though. Rest assured I'll continue though, just putting that update out there.

Also what IS, exactly, the alternate name for that organization?

22. - Top - End - #1402

No, no no, Ingor was made up for the movies and he wasn't the Doctor's assistant, he was in like, the second sequel, The Offspring of Frankestei.

...No, seriously. the idea of an "Igor" was based on Ygor, a character introduced in Son of Frankentein as a former assistant of the original Doctor Frankenstein. He wasn't a hunch back, he was hung for graverobbing but lived and his neck didn't heal right.

He befriends the monster and tries to convince Baron Wolf von Frankenstein, the titular son of the orignal Frankenstein, to help heal the monster after it was put in a bad state after it was struck by lighting—Wolf agrees to it partially out of scientific interest and partially out of a desire to, well, if he can fix he monster he might redeem his family name.

However, Igor had an ulterior motive, he wanted to use the monster as brute force for his criminal desires.

In the fourth film, Ghost of Frankenstein, when it becomes apparent that the only way to "fix" the monster is to replace the brain and reanimate it(the monster being unaware that this would kill it) Ygor volunteers his own brain.

This backfires on Ygor, who had of course been intending to use this an opportunity to gain the monster's powerful body for himself, becuase his blood type is incompatible with that of the monster. While he retains his memories and intellect he very quickly suffers brain damage that renders him blind.

The iconic lumbering gait with stiff outstretched arms? That's Ygor trying to compensate for the fact that he can't see.

In Frankenstein meets the Wolf Man onwards the orignal monster is long dead. That's Ygor trapped in an immortal body while progressively suffering worse and worse brain damage as a result of the body rejecting him. I don't know how long it would have taken him to undergo death of self from lost memory and cognition but untl he did he's basically trapped in a living hell.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2022-11-24 at 02:26 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #1403

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    No, no no, Ingor was made up for the movies and he wasn't the Doctor's assistant, he was in like, the second sequel, The Offspring of Frankestei.

...No, seriously. the idea of an "Igor" was based on Ygor, a character introduced in Son of Frankentein as a former assistant of the original Doctor Frankenstein. He wasn't a hunch back, he was hung for graverobbing but lived and his neck didn't heal right.

He befriends the monster and tries to convince Baron Wolf von Frankenstein, the titular son of the orignal Frankenstein, to help heal the monster after it was put in a bad state after it was struck by lighting—Wolf agrees to it partially out of scientific interest and partially out of a desire to, well, if he can fix he monster he might redeem his family name.

However, Igor had an ulterior motive, he wanted to use the monster as brute force for his criminal desires.

In the fourth film, Ghost of Frankenstein, when it becomes apparent that the only way to "fix" the monster is to replace the brain and reanimate it(the monster being unaware that this would kill it) Ygor volunteers his own brain.

This backfires on Ygor, who had of course been intending to use this an opportunity to gain the monster's powerful body for himself, becuase his blood type is incompatible with that of the monster. While he retains his memories and intellect he very quickly suffers brain damage that renders him blind.

The iconic lumbering gait with stiff outstretched arms? That's Ygor trying to compensate for the fact that he can't see.

In Frankenstein meets the Wolf Man onwards the orignal monster is long dead. That's Ygor trapped in an immortal body while progressively suffering worse and worse brain damage as a result of the body rejecting him. I don't know how long it would have taken him to undergo death of self from lost memory and cognition but untl he did he's basically trapped in a living hell.
    Well ****.

That's a hell of a mystery no one thought was a mystery and didn't even really need solving.

But damn if it didn't just get solved so nice work.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2022-11-24 at 02:33 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1404

Well ****.

That's a hell of a mystery no one thought was a mystery and didn't even really need solving.

But damn if it didn't just get solved so nice work.
    They were going to have explicit references to the fact that it was Ygor and not the orignal monster in Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man, with Ygor retaining the power of speech for a chunk of the film before degrading into the grunts, but since they couldn't film Lon Chaney Jr. Fighting himself the monster was recast with Bella Lugosi and his attempts at Ygor's accent consistently inspired laughter in the test audiences so all of those scenes were cut.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah and Victor never got his MD, I was making a joke.
    Forum Wisdom

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Yes. I research that name on the internet and it was an unfortunate name back in the day. I even asked my supervisor what the name stands for but she didn't want to answer my question.

27. - Top - End - #1407

Yeah and Victor never got his MD, I was making a joke.
    And I was furthering it... And then I got side tracked. Note the "...No seriously" At the beginning of the second paragraph. That was meant to indicate change in topic.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Titan in the Playground

The assistat of Victor Frakestei the mad scietist, I guess.
    What did I tell you about revealing my secret identity on the internet!? That's right, absolutely nothing, I should really come up with some kind of punishment.

Now do you need these colons or do I have to find another way to get rid of the dotor's spares?
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Settling in well at my new job. Actually doing work! Haven't had much free time during it, so I haven' been able to write much though. Rest assured I'll continue though, just putting that update out there.

Also what IS, exactly, the alternate name for that organization?
    Google would help since it's not forum-appropriate.
    Yes. I research that name on the internet and it was an unfortunate name back in the day. I even asked my supervisor what the name stands for but she didn't want to answer my question.
    ....you should really know the name of the company you work for by the time you start working for them. Let alone seven years in.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Google would help since it's not forum-appropriate.

....you should really know the name of the company you work for by the time you start working for them. Let alone seven years in.
    I research the name two years ago and you're right about it.