New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Queen Elizabeth II has died

To be honest, not sure which board to put this on, but as it has literally just been posted (it says "1 minute ago" on the BBC wesbite), I felt I had better try.

Queen Elizabeth II has died.

I am rather speechless, not sure how to process this, especially coming rather suddenly.

She was the second-longest reigning monarch in history, (and I was actually more than half expecting she'd pip the top slot), so after 70 years, I think pretty much all the british population (whether or not they are fans of the royals or not) are going to find something of a major adjustment, given she had been such an instutuion for the lives of basically three generations.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Queen Elizabeth II has died

May she rest in peace. I admired her work ethic, putting in the hours every day for decades.

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid."

-Valery Legasov in Chernobyl

3. - Top - End - #3
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The Mod Ogre: Locking this thread for right now; as a head of state, she is a political figure, so we are formulating a rules-appropriate response. I'm also moving this, as it's not Media-related.
    Last edited by LibraryOgre; 2022-09-08 at 02:29 PM.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The Mod Ogre: This thread will remain closed. We either have the political choice to only allow condolences, or have to allow the political discourse about her legacy. As both violate the rules, we will ask you to keep the entirety of the discussion off Giant in the Playground.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.