New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: Battle Royale 12! LET THE GAME BEGIN!

My four sentences.

1) As I read the RAW, defensive stance qualifies as an action and thus takes effect on initiative order since nothing says otherwise.

2) I disagree that DS is useless. It's a bit situational, requiring having taken damage and having a high inititative, but it's still a nice action. It also shouldn't be equally or less situational than the multiple barrier effects we've seen fizzle.

3) Personally, I did ask about DS and hustler's effect duration and planned around that.

4) I'm not invested enough to deny a player having more fun though I see Rogan's point. I don't mind either way.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Does that mean that flat's "I can't feel pain" was also still active? Because I thought it would have ended, but it seems like he still only got half damage (even from his own hit, which definitely should not have been the case since he used it last round).
    Additionally, I should have gotten half damage because of barrier, so mister Scimitar Chuck Norris' damage should be reduced for me.

Hey Snowblaze, remember what they teach you in Light/Dark wizard school? When facing demons, never cross lightning strikes?

I'm tired of all of this, want to cross lightning strikes on this here Dark Spirit? I promise you a good death once we get out of here.

PS: Don't care what is chosen, as long as it is internally consistent from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by hustlertwo View Post
    Actually, my DR would be 8, because the round I chose to go defensive was round 4, and the damage I had taken in round 3 was 15 (so 8, being half and rounded up). Where all the debate comes in is when that took effect. I had known it was on initiative order, because Xihirli specified that via PM when I asked about how DS worked (although it sounds like it will be given priority initiative in the future, after stuff like First Strike but before initiatives actually begin). I had not known it was also not in effect through to my next turn, making it only good in the narrow stretch between my own round 4 turn and the end of round 4 itself and thus fundamentally useless on any round you fail to get high initiative. That part wasn't in the rules or communicated via PM, which was where the crux of my argument against all this comes into play. I can't know what I can't know, as it were.

It is funny that there'd be such a pushback, too, given I was only lobbying to get back into the game to die proper. There's a case for me back in at 14 HP. There's a case for me back in at 4 HP (although in either of those cases, by all rights my stated round 5 action should still be allowed to go off). I was never angling for 20 HP, although it seems appropriate given it also means I spend round 5 staring off into space instead of potentially getting to enjoy writing another kill scene.

Ok, I see what you're getting at. No, I wouldn't think your Round 4 Defend action would have had any effect on your Round 5 received damage. Based on what my interpretation is, Xi got it right the first time. I mistakenly thought you defended again Round 5, so my apologies.

That's not to say this is push back on you wanting to stay in the game or applying any direct communication you may have had with Xi. Based solely on the OP which we all had equal access to, and my own personal interpretation, you'd have hit 0 HP after my actions in Round 5. Now whether or not Xi claims Rule 0, or agrees that you and/or Rogan didn't get a fair shake, I'm not going to comment on. Delaying end of day is pretty much in line with making this call, in my opinion. I didn't protest that so I won't protest this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

I wouldn't be against an alliance.

Oh, and I think the cooldown for Mimic is missing from the table
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

gac. I was Confused. Twice. Once by you. The damage I did to you was in no way my fault.

My thoughts on the hustler thing: I don't object to keeping him alive, but I think 20HP is too much considering he started that round with 15. Will check how much the defensive stance should have reduced it by. I also don't think it's fair to BCH to retroactively make hustler's attack on them count considering said attack could well have been fatal with Rage in play.

- - - Updated - - -

hustler took six damage in Round Four, meaning that if his Defensive Stance had been active until the start of his Round Five turn it would have given him 8 - 3 = 5 scimitar-spin damage and 9 - 3 = 6 direct attack damage, leaving him on 4HP... although actually it would be more logical to base the defence on how much damage he took in Round Three since that was the round before the stance was activated...

- - - Updated - - -

Fifteen damage in round three... do I round up or down? That's 7 or 8 damage reduction depending, so either 3 or 1 total damage and hence 12 or 14 remaining HP, the latter I believe matching up with what hustler said earlier.

Yeah. Alive with 14 HP, Rage for one more turn at +5, no damage done to BCH. That's my proposal.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway. About this alliance against a Dark Spirit.

Assuming hustler is permitted to live, we now have nine players alive and 9d10 + 5 damage which has a better shot at killing the spirit outright.

So far: Opsimos and I are in favour if the majority of players (5) go along with it. Xumtiil is down to ally with me against the spirit. Wombat wouldn't be against an alliance.

hustler, flat, BCH, gac, Heretic if you're around? Prepared to attack Dark Spirit instead of players/the inactivity demon this round?

Also I'd like to request an extension of the phase until about 24 hours after it's clarified whether hustler is alive to give everyone time to submit/change actions accordingly.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #96

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    hustler took six damage in Round Four, meaning that if his Defensive Stance had been active until the start of his Round Five turn it would have given him 8 - 3 = 5 scimitar-spin damage and 9 - 3 = 6 direct attack damage, leaving him on 4HP... although actually it would be more logical to base the defence on how much damage he took in Round Three since that was the round before the stance was activated...
    Defensive Stance should (hopefully) remain a worse option than my own defensive ability. This creates a number of situations where it is an upgrade to mine, if it isn't already, even with the extra attack.

Any decision to bring hustler back is going hand wave my second attack and give Rogan a legitimate argument that he should receive the same treatment. Not saying hustler doesn't deserve to be brought back or not, but it's the unfortunate reality of it.

At this point, it feels like this is significantly impacting the game and we just need a decision in order to continue on. I haven't submitted my action yet and likely won't until this is resolved one way or another.
    Show
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, it’s time for a decision, I’ve had enough input to make one.
    Hustler, Rogan, you’re both in with 10.
    It’s magic!
    I’ll start the 48 hour countdown HERE, and roll you in later in the day when I’m off mobile.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Yes, it’s time for a decision, I’ve had enough input to make one.
    Hustler, Rogan, you’re both in with 10.
    It’s magic!
    I’ll start the 48 hour countdown HERE, and roll you in later in the day when I’m off mobile.
    A miracle of The Blue Flame!

Suddenly, the first participant who had fallen starts to get excited. His limbs twitch and his eyelids flutter as the blue flames of his patron deity breathe new life into him. Slowly he straightens up and lets his eyes wander, in which the traces of this miracle still flicker. A brief moment of satisfaction is discernible on his features as he discovers the corpse of the rogue who had so nefariously attacked and insulted him. But this expression gives way to obvious sadness at the sight of the second cleric. A follower of the snowy lady was a natural friend of a fighter in the name of the blue flame. His eyes, filled with holy fire, continue to wander over the gathered warriors, slightly bowing his head to the monk he had injured in a moment of weakness, then he gives a faint smile to his old friend, the mage Snowblaze. It was good to see that she was still in good health, despite all the chaos of this arena. "My decision is clear! Let's destroy these demons and end the hostilities" he accepts her offer and lets his eyes wander over the others present. "Who is with us?" He gives a particularly long look to the barbarian who displayed particular bloodlust. "Are you with us, or against us?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Thank you for this decision. That's fair as far as I'm concerned.

Small note, in the table hustlertwo is still indicated as dead.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Anyway. About this alliance against a Dark Spirit.
    [snip]
    Xumtiil is down to ally with me against the spirit.
    Willing to set aside inherent incompatibilities in our worldview to kick kidnapping slaving battle-royaling demon hiney. Also, we're both running the same initiative. It's like it's meant to be. (I'll get more chances to kill you later).
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Interesting decision. Welcome back, you two. Xihirli or Book, is mimic off cooldown?

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, good catch there.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

12. - Top - End - #102

Looks like I took 7 damage, shouldn't it be 4?
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Three from barrier (halved from six), four from scimitar-spin (halved from eight)
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2022-09-22 at 01:36 PM.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Three from barrier (halved from six), four from scimitar-spin (halved from eight)
    Ah, gotcha. Thanks!
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

At first she had thought it was a lingering effect of the confusion that had made her attack the psychic, but no.
    It appeared real enough. Rogan, Cleric of the Blue Flame, was alive.

She smiled for the first time since entering the arena. She would have run to hug him in sheer joy and relief, but she was an adventurer and her kind rarely had that luxury. "Good to have to back," she called instead. "Let's kill a demon."

Extended Signature

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Seeing the cleric rise up, the monk smiled and nodded back at him. "So the power of these spirits and demons is weaker than that of your god. It's good to see you, Sir Rogan, although your state still leaves much to be desired. Please feel free to heal yourself." Then, Opsimos turned to face Witty Phantom.
    Last edited by Opsimos; 2022-09-23 at 03:38 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Round 6

Banish, get back in this box right now!
    I will... after Majin Death-Satan is dead!
    My cohost has drawn his sword... he's cut open the Witty Phantom! It seems that our Inactivity Demon is starting to bleed out... I think we're going to have a hard time hiring someone new for the next games.
    Rogan! I truly thought you dead... I'll be sure to correct that once my cousin has suffered!
    Gac3 seems distrustful of Snowblaze's proposed alliance, and is looking into the future to see if she will bring him to harm. Flat_footed doesn't seem to care for uniting either, and turns to slaughter the mime BookWombat where he stands!
    Gah! How DARE you, hustler... I brought you into an arena where you could slaughter to your heart's content, and this is how you repay me?
    Batcathat has struck Flat_footed in retaliation for not joining the alliance! It's a glancing blow, however.
    Cousin! I am bound to my duty, as are we all. Killing Caerulea was not personal, it was my task! Here, I shall kill Heretic as well... with a garotte!
    ...Oh, I can't stay mad at you while I watch you do murder, Majin Death-Satan. The whole reason I was drawn to Caerulea was seeing the carnage she caused, but I didn't need to look so far to find someone so brutal... I couldn't kill you, cousin. I love you too, and I'm sorry for slicing you.
    Cousin! You've been seized!
    Not just seized... thrown at Hustlertwo, though both recover. Now both wizards, one of the cold light and one of the darkest lightning, are striking at Banish, hailstones raining down upon him and leaving sparks of black lightning with every strike!
    That's it! I was nice enough to let you play in my world... and you ingrates repay me by rebelling against the master! Death to all players! I'll bury you in eternal night!
    Come on, Cousin. Let's kill them all and put these games behind us... together.

Next Round
    Initiative Name Health Points Class Action State
    19 Dark Spirit of Banishment 60 Game Organizer Attack Majin Death-Satan [7]
    18 Rogan 10 Cleric Bless Snowblaze
    16 gac3 13 Psychic Premonition (Snowblaze) Can't use Confuse until Round 9
    15 flat_footed 18 Scimitar-Chucker Attack Book Wombat [2] Can't use ICFPA until round 8, Can't use Scimitar-Spin until Round 9.
    15 hustlertwo 10 Barbarian Raged (+5), cannot use Rage until Round 8
    13 Batcathat 9 Ninja Attack Flat_Footed [1]
    12 Opsimos 30 Monk Throw Dark Spirit of Banishment at Hustlertwo [9], Neither stun Cannot use Pray until Round 8, Throw until Round 10
    9 Heretic 4 Psychic
    7 Book Wombat 1 Mime Attack Dark Spirit of Banishment [10] Cannot use Quick Mimic until Round 9, Mimic until Round 8.
    4 Snowblaze 36 Wizard Attack Dark Spirit of Banishment [6]
    4 Xumtiil 23 Wizard Attack Dark Spirit of Banishmen [7] Cannot use Barrier until Round 9
    1 Majin Death-Satan 13 Inactivity Demon Escape to the Commentators' Box Kill Heretic
    0 JoyWonderLove 0 Cleric Dead
    0 Caerulea 0 Rogue Dead

Next Round
    19 Xumtiil 23 Wizard Cannot use Barrier until Round 9
    14 Snowblaze 36 Wizard Blessed Until Round 9
    11 Majin Death-Satan 7 Inactivity Demon
    9 Opsimos 30 Monk Cannot use Pray until Round 8, Throw until Round 10.
    7 Dark Spirit of Banishment 23 Game Organizer
    6 Batcathat 9 Ninja
    4 flat_footed 17 Scimitar-Chucker Can't use ICFPA until round 8, Can't use Scimitar-Spin until Round 9.
    4 Rogan 10 Cleric Can't use Bless until Round 11
    3 gac3 13 Psychic Can't use Confuse until Round 9, Premonition until Round 10
    1 hustlertwo 1 Barbarian cannot use Rage until Round 8
    0 Heretic 0 Psychic Dead
    0 Book Wombat 0 Mime Dead
    0 Caerulea 0 Rogue Dead
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2022-09-24 at 11:07 PM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

That went better than I expected. No damage done to me and quite a bit to Dark Spirit. On the other hand, they do now want us dead and can do quite a bit of damage...

Between us me, Xumtiil and Opsimos can do 3d10 + 5 damage so there's a good chance of killing them before they get the chance to attack. Down for that? Anyone else wanting to chip in and make sure they die this round is also appreciated.

Extended Signature

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Sure, I'm down. Hustler, thanks for attacking Banish. I won't attack you anymore. Hope you can understand why I attacked you and aren't too mad about it.
    Xihirli, the Bless CD or duration seems wrong.

20. - Top - End - #110

ClericGuy

That went better than I expected. No damage done to me and quite a bit to Dark Spirit. On the other hand, they do now want us dead and can do quite a bit of damage...

Between us me, Xumtiil and Opsimos can do 3d10 + 5 damage so there's a good chance of killing them before they get the chance to attack. Down for that? Anyone else wanting to chip in and make sure they die this round is also appreciated.
    Not much I can do this round, since my initiative is so low, but sure, I'm down to attack there this time. Probably overkill, considering my initiative value, but it's unlikely to hurt.
    Since we should be able to escape when this foul creature is slain, there is not much need for healing. Or trying to kill anyone else. I guess someone might try to slay the inactivity daemon, to eliminate this danger and heal at the same time, but I'm not going to do this.

Or is there anybody who can suggest a better use of my action?
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Even while blessed by some God or other, your power still pales in comparison to mine. Pathetic. Once we're out of here I will make short work of you, Blaze of the Snow.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Firbolg in the Playground

The barbarian stood. It should not be possible. In fact, it wasn’t. No mortal could have stayed conscious from so many injuries, both internal and external. Delivered by foes, by supposed friends, by man and demon alike. It was too much for the ponderous murderer to take.

Fortunately, when his soul left his battered body, it provided…a vacancy.

A high-pitched cackle emanates from the shredded warrior. The mortal realm! I do so love a vacation spot.

The being takes in its mortally injured body. I do believe this will be more of a loaner than a lease-to-own, however. In any case, I must thank you, little monkling. My follower had strayed from the path to do something…ugh, downright selfless. A little dying should show the fool how the world truly works. Not that he can do much with that information.

She looks at the captors and snarls. Wait a minute! I know you! You owe me twenty souls and the blood of a virgin smith’s apprentice! Oh, you’re in trouble now!

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Why was it that whenever she thought things were going well, new problems appeared? First the Dark Wizard vowing to kill her as soon as they got out of here (she highly doubted he'd find it as easy as he claimed, but debating it would likely ruin their tentative alliance) and now the barbarian...

Well. Not the barbarian, if the voice speaking through his body was anything to go by. This must be the "Her" he'd been talking about. At least she was after the demons, and at least the body she was possessing wouldn't hold out that long.

Kill the demons. Avoid being brutally murdered by Her or the Dark Wizard. Get out with her allies, all still alive. It was a simple plan, and it was going to work. It had to.

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Round 7
    The Dark Wizard is attacking me... ME! You die next, Xumtiil! After I gut the inactive!
    This is not looking good. Snowblaze, empowered by the divine magic of... herself... is letting loose one burst of cold fire after another to sweep over our organizer... I think I'll take this chance to go.
    Coward! Come back here and join us!
    You brought me here to be the rule arbiter. The rules are, you don't interfere. The games are over, my contract is fulfilled. Good-bye, Banish. Enjoy the mess you've made for yourself.
    Fine! I'll kill them all myself! Now I activate COUNTERBALANCE! I – AH! A stick! The monk hit me with a stick!
    I'll kill him after Xumtiil.
    With COUNTERBALANCE active, each of you have a chance to kill each other – as you should have been doing this whole time – whenever you try to hit ME. Everyone on the same page now?
    I am, I'm ripping the head off of a bat. Though now that I'm closer, I see why people think cat.
    No! No more of that! No more jokes, only blood!
    I thought we couldn't air blood.
    Wait a minute! I know you! You owe me twenty souls and the blood of a virgin smith’s apprentice! Oh, you’re in trouble now!
    ...Auntie?
    Oh! Oh dear, that is brutal! The scimitar-chucker is cutting the SPINE out of the barbarian... er, the host, I suppose. Not taking any chances this time!
    Bye, Auntie! See you at Thanksgiving!
    Watch out, Banish!
    The cleric? Please. With Counterbalance active, I have nothing to fear. Maybe we can get him to slaughter his own AH! MY EYE! MY ************ EYE! WHY WOULD YOU HIT ME IN THE ********* EYE!?
    I'll kill him after Xumtiil. Wait... Opsimos? Was I going to kill Snowblaze at any point? Maybe I should write this down.
    Just pick one and kill them! Or better yet hit the button that activates all of your traps at once to kill them all!
    Right, right. Hold on, is the smith a virgin, is the apprentice a virgin, or is the smith a virgin smith, meaning they MAKE virgins?

19 Xumtiil 23 Wizard Attack Inactivity Demon [6] Cannot use Barrier until Round 9
    14 Snowblaze 36 Wizard Attack Dark Spirit of Banishment [7] Blessed Until Round 9
    11 Majin Death-Satan 7 Inactivity Demon Kill BatCatHat
    9 Opsimos 30 Monk Attack Dark Spirit of Banishment [8] Cannot use Pray until Round 8, Throw until Round 10.
    7 Dark Spirit of Banishment 23 Game Organizer Counterbalance
    6 Batcathat 9 Ninja
    4 flat_footed 17 Scimitar-Chucker Attack Hustlertwo [7] Can't use ICFPA until round 8, Can't use Scimitar-Spin until Round 9.
    4 Rogan 10 Cleric Attack Dark Spirit of Banishment [6] Can't use Bless until Round 11
    3 gac3 13 Psychic Attack Snowblaze [6] Can't use Confuse until Round 9, Premonition until Round 10
    1 hustlertwo 1 Barbarian Attack Dark Spirit of Banishment cannot use Rage until Round 8
    0 Heretic 0 Psychic Dead
    0 Caerulea 0 Rogue Dead

Next Round
    19 Opsimos 30 Monk Cannot use Throw until Round 10.
    17 Snowblaze 30 Wizard Blessed Until Round 9
    16 Majin Death-Satan 1 Inactivity Demon Activate All Death-Traps
    13 gac3 13 Psychic Can't use Confuse until Round 9, Premonition until Round 10
    10 Rogan 10 Cleric Can't use Bless until Round 11
    6 flat_footed 17 Scimitar-Chucker Can't use Scimitar-Spin until Round 9.
    5 Dark Spirit of Banishment 2 Game Organizer Can't use Counterbalance Again All Attacks targeting Banish have a 50% chance to attack someone else at random instead, until round 99999999999999
    1 Xumtiil 23 Wizard Cannot use Barrier until Round 9
    0 Batcathat 0 Ninja Dead
    0 Heretic 0 Psychic Dead
    0 Caerulea 0 Rogue Dead
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2022-09-26 at 03:58 PM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

gac. Why. I'm trying to save us all here, I can't do that if you're trying to kill me.

Anyway. One of me/Opsimos needs to kill the inactivity demon before we all get death trapped. I believe the 20HP bonus thing is still in effect... was going to suggest whichever of us had fewer HP did it but we now have exactly the same. Eh, unless Opsimos has any objections he can do it since he has a higher initiative.

And then I guess just keep attacking Dark Spirit and hoping that the damage doesn't reflect onto us. We only need one attack that isn't a natural one to land.

(This game has gone so far off the rails and I love it.)

Extended Signature

26. - Top - End - #116

Spoiler
    Show
    Funnily enough, flat_footed may have ruined it for all y'all; my attack might have finished Banish entirely.

The meat which was once the barbarian finally gives up the ghost (literally, in this case), unable to absorb one more mote of punishment. An unearthly cackle emanates from the freshly-minted corpse.

Well that was a fun twelve seconds! Keep on killing, folks, and you'll see me again real soon in a substantially larger and more world-endy sort of form!

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks, it reminds me of the early werewolf games I ran with total chaos as the theme.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118

Spoiler
    Show
    Xihirli, was the 'my eye' bit a reference to Dr. Quinn in Sealab, or just coincidence?

29. - Top - End - #119

ClericGuy

gac. Why. I'm trying to save us all here, I can't do that if you're trying to kill me.

Anyway. One of me/Opsimos needs to kill the inactivity demon before we all get death trapped. I believe the 20HP bonus thing is still in effect... was going to suggest whichever of us had fewer HP did it but we now have exactly the same. Eh, unless Opsimos has any objections he can do it since he has a higher initiative.

And then I guess just keep attacking Dark Spirit and hoping that the damage doesn't reflect onto us. We only need one attack that isn't a natural one to land.

You are right, of course. The inactivity daemon needs to go and it has to be either you or Ops who does the deed.
    Our abductor needs to go as well. If you attack him and hit, you are guaranteed to end this madness, because you still have the blessing of... yourself.
    There is a small chance of me dying from your hands, but that's a risk I'm willing to take in order to get us all out of here.

For my own action, I think I'll heal myself to prevent dying from an accident or some unnecessarily hostile participant (Yeah, I'm looking at you, flat and to some degree gac).
    But I hope this won't actually be necessary. Between Ops and Snow, there is a good chance this game will end before I get to act and before my HP total matters.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hustlertwo View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Xihirli, was the 'my eye' bit a reference to Dr. Quinn in Sealab, or just coincidence?
    The answer to this question is five porpoises.
    Whatever that means to you.
    Show