New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Default Re: Battle Royale 12! LET THE GAME BEGIN!

Curse you, you silly Demons. Do you even know whom you face? You will suffer. You will all suffer.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Xihirli, your inbox is full.

What I would have said if I'd actually been able to send my action: I've just submitted an attack on Dark Spirit of Banishment, and would appreciate Opsimos checking in to confirm that he's attacking the inactivity demon before the death traps activate
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

That makes sense. Fixed, at the cost of removing all possibility of a post-game play-by-play.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    That makes sense. Fixed, at the cost of removing all possibility of a post-game play-by-play.
    You can download your inbox into a few different formats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

I refuse to do so!
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

6. - Top - End - #126
    Firbolg in the Playground

I refuse to do so!
    Being obstinate for the sake of being obstinate. Respect.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Gonna be another probable delay, I'm in Florida and working a storm shelter tomorrow.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Try to keep the stabbings to a minimum, I hear people in storm shelters appreciate a decided lack of sudden-extra-holes.

(Seriously though, hope everyone is ok out there, sounds like things are getting rough - stay safe)
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

I should be okay, I’ll be in a storm shelter.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Sure, I'll take out the Majin. Sorry for the late reply.
    Last edited by Opsimos; 2022-09-28 at 12:53 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Final Round

Opsimos, the monk of alternate At-Onement, springs for the Inactivity Demon Majin Death-Satan. A flurry of blows occurs as the spinning of the carousel blurs the vision of all who watch.
    Winded, the demon reaches for a great lever on the inner wall of the spinning deathtrap.
    "I'm going... to kill you all..." the demon wheezes.
    "You won't... you're already dead." Opsimos lifts two fingers and Majin Death-Satan's organs spilled out of his eyes, leaving the demon twitching on the ground until it melted into black blood.
    Snowblaze, Wizard of the Blue Flame who Considers Bats who like Cats who wear Hats takes aim at the Dark Spirit of Banishment with a frigid light... but her vision blurs... anger flares up inside her.
    Xumtiil! Xumtiil was planning to kill her after this... he was planning something, she knew it! The stream of destructive cold surged forth and pierced the dark wizard's gut, impaling him on a shimmering icicle.
    Rogan and Flat_footed step back from the carnage, each fortifying their health in their own distinct way while the Dark Spirit of Banishment approaches Snowblaze, one clawed hand lifting up to her face.
    "You... you brought conspirators into these games! United the players against the master! And now you pay the price! Look into despair... and DIE!"
    Shadows stretch from the demon and begin crushing Snowblaze, pressing her down into the cracking carousel. She feels her bones strain, then...
    Lift. Now able to see, Snowblaze looks up to see an icicle, coated in black and red ichor, jutting from the chest of the greater demon. It sinks to its knees, the bleeding dark wizard Xumtiil looming over it. He sticks his hand into the Dark Spirit's eye and utters an incantation... the creature screams... and its screams turn to smoke that Xumtiil breathes in, his wounds rapidly sealing with black fumes.
    The carousel trembles, stops.
    Everyone on the carousel, seeing Xumtiil grow long red wings, leaps from the Carousel and takes the chance to run off into the distance.

The bodies around Xumtiil melt into blood, flowing up his body and into his nose, filling him with ever more power. Flapping his wings in one powerful beat, he bursts through the roof and lands atop the carousel, watching them run.
    "You're free to leave for now..." the wizard of darkness's voice reverberates out upon the landscape, landing in the minds of all survivors, the Dark Spirit's own tones forming his echo. "But know this... your host is here, the stakes are set, and the die is cast!
    LET THE GAMES BEGIN!"

Game Over
    Opsimos, Snowblaze, gac3, Rogan, Flat_footed, and Xumtiil have all survived the games, and therefore won... though the true winner in this instance is Xumtiil, who has slain the Dark Spirit and taken on its powers and mantle.
    On an unrelated note, Xumtiil has volunteered to host Battle Royale 13.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Congrats! Thanks for running the game Xi. I was always hungry for another shot after last game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

The very first six-way tie (ish)
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

GG, thanks for running the game. Was I right to expect a Sand of Death effect? Did you plan the involvement of Banish from the outset?

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks to Xi for the game and congratulations to the winners. In other notes, I'm slightly embarrassed that I got killed over forgetting what time the round ended (of course, the smart thing to do would've been to send in my action much earlier) and I think flat might've hit me with an actual curse this game. I attacked him twice and rolled ones both times.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Opsimos View Post
    GG, thanks for running the game. Was I right to expect a Sand of Death effect? Did you plan the involvement of Banish from the outset?
    "Planning" has very little to do with my mindset when I run Battle Royales I just go for zany fun and tell myself "no wrong answers," it’s a nice break from more stressful writing.
    As for Sand of Death, I do believe early on it was mentioned that the whole thing would blow up on Round 10.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2022-09-29 at 01:48 AM.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Never said when I'd do it, though, but I'll give everyone plenty of prior warning. Also yay,
    power overwhelming

18. - Top - End - #138
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Battle Royale 12! THE MASSACRE HAS ENDED!

Thanks everyone! Might not have lived up to my title, but was fun.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Was fun, thanks everyone and particularly Xihirli. Though I'm disappointed in my virtual coin flip. At least I ended up doing some damage to Xumtiil.

She'd succeeded. The demons were dead, and she and her allies were not. They were free. It was over.

Of course, the fates had a habit of granting her wishes in the worst possible way. Namely, the dark wizard had stolen the dark spirit's power and was going to come for her. Not to mention that she'd need quite a bit of healing after being crushed by shadows. Good thing she had a friendly cleric to help her!

- - - Updated - - -

I took 23 damage. Ouch. So I survived with 7HP, yay. (I was kind of hoping it would be four or less so Rogan's round one healing would have saved my life.)
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Was fun, thanks everyone and particularly Xihirli. Though I'm disappointed in my virtual coin flip. At least I ended up doing some damage to Xumtiil.

She'd succeeded. The demons were dead, and she and her allies were not. They were free. It was over.

Of course, the fates had a habit of granting her wishes in the worst possible way. Namely, the dark wizard had stolen the dark spirit's power and was going to come for her. Not to mention that she'd need quite a bit of healing after being crushed by shadows. Good thing she had a friendly cleric to help her!

- - - Updated - - -

I took 23 damage. Ouch. So I survived with 7HP, yay. (I was kind of hoping it would be four or less so Rogan's round one healing would have saved my life.)
    You’re welcome! And thank you to everyone who let me know they were enjoying the game over PM, it was lovely to hear!
    I can roll another d10 damage if you like.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Don't worry, I'll make sure Snow starts with an extra 1d10 damage next game.

22. - Top - End - #142

"Planning" has very little to do with my mindset when I run Battle Royales I just go for zany fun and tell myself "no wrong answers," it’s a nice break from more stressful writing.
    As for Sand of Death, I do believe early on it was mentioned that the whole thing would blow up on Round 10.
    Interesting; I thought the way it was phrased meant it would be set on fire at that round, meaning we'd all take burning damage or something. In any case, very interesting game, glad to have been a part of it.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

It was over. Somehow, it was all over, the daemons slain and the curse broken. They all could escape. All? Well, some of the contestants were left behind, broken and mangled body's on the floor. But perhaps...
    The blue flame already managed to resurrect him. Maybe, he could share this miracle with the other fighters. It was worth a try...

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Thanks for the game, especially to Xihirli, but for everyone else as well. Snowblaze, it was a pleasure being allies in a death match.
    Ops, I'm very sorry for hitting you. Fortunately, you still got out alive and in good health.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Don't worry about it, and congrats for winning! Hustler, I enjoyed your possession idea at the end.

25. - Top - End - #145

Quote Originally Posted by Opsimos View Post
    Don't worry about it, and congrats for winning! Hustler, I enjoyed your possession idea at the end.
    Thanks! Felt like being alive at exactly one HP needed something special to fit for the story. It was a nice bit of low-pressure writing doing this game. Not as huge and complicated as a proper campaign and no need to have it publisher-ready like a longform story.