New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Default Re: Iron Station Savage Masks IC III

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    Back at Base
    As Manny speaks up, Ryker’s eyes narrow. “You don’t know **** about me, or her. I’ll go talk to her if I ****in’ want to,” he growls as he glares up at the taller man.

Keith momentarily distracts him before he can keep getting worked up. “I hope so,” he mutters before he heads into the kitchen after Sidney.

Drake stands, slipping an arm around Yuki’s waist as the two of them sigh in unison. “We talked a lot while all of you were gone,” he says. “I don’t think he’s going in there to argue. He just wants to apologize.”
    "Just wants to apologize. Right." Manny says on a sigh, attempting to keep his eyes from rolling completely backwards in his skull.

Quote Originally Posted by Roguewolf View Post
    Keith sighs in relief as Ryker stopped getting worked up and makes his way into the kitchen. Definitely helped dodge a bullet there. The entire situation was a mess and thankfully, for now at least, it was handled.

He turned to Drake and Yuki with a tired smile. "Yeah, think you may be right. But, he may wanna still sober up some before sayin' too much."

"Oh right, Wolf and Kenzie are all good, mission success. Forgot to update them on the KMBU tournament though but figure they'd want to watch or hear about it at least if they have the time."

He then turns to Manny. "You got time to talk a bit after some clean up? Been a long day so if not that's cool, figure best to go ahead and get ta know ya while we got time."
    "Sure, mate. We can chat." Manny says, agreeing to the notion of cleaning up first.

"What did you need to chat about?"

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HIDA View Post
    "Just wants to apologize. Right." Manny says on a sigh, attempting to keep his eyes from rolling completely backwards in his skull.

"Sure, mate. We can chat." Manny says, agreeing to the notion of cleaning up first.

"What did you need to chat about?"
    Keith shrugs.

"Nothing really in particular, mostly just shoot the breeze, get to know the new teammate. Possibly learn more about London."

3. - Top - End - #393

GreataxeFighterGuy

Keith shrugs.

"Nothing really in particular, mostly just shoot the breeze, get to know the new teammate. Possibly learn more about London."
    "Sounds good. Let me get presentable and then we can chat." Manny says, giving a nod before heading to his room He peels off his grimy clothes after stepping into his own room that smelled of Cedar and citrus, and being reintroduced to his own aroma of sewage and coffee beans. Manny Lays them on the Tile in his bathroom before hopping in the shower.
    He lets his mind wonder over the course of his day. all the people he'd met and their myriad personalities. He rubbed absently at his shoulder that was bitten the damage was gone but he could feel the effect. It wasn't pain, just something.

His mind drifts for a moment to the girl he'd met on the mission, Kenzie. He smiled as the water ran over his sculpted features. As he thought about it His Day was rather impressive in it own right
    Flight in from London, Meeting the team, Off record Mission. Wandering the town for a bit, meeting demon nobillty, On-record Mission, searching for a teammate and collecting a tasty dessert to top it all off.

He climbs out of the Shower and towels off before looking at his watch. It's nearing 1 am back home. Too late to call in. I'm Sure Bernie called my folks No worries. He Dresses in some Gray Lounge pants and a Blue Fitted OXFORD tee before grabbing his phone, slinking back into the Kitchen and warming up the kettle to wait for Keith.

He starts scrolling through his messages. Most junk and a few from friends back home wishing me a safe trip. Some from Mum and my Brother.

1 voicemail from dad.

"I'll listen to that tomorrow."
    Last edited by HIDA; 2022-11-05 at 02:51 PM.

4. - Top - End - #394

AssassinGuy

"Sounds good. Let me get presentable and then we can chat." Manny says, giving a nod before heading to his room.
    Keith half waves, as he makes his way back as well. "See ya in a bit then man!"

As soon as he gets back into his room, he tosses his suit and the clothes from the gym earlier into the laundry bin. They should go a bit faster than last time since he didn't have to worry about the cloak for now. Though that's still a problem to solve later.

As he started to wash off the muck and sewer smell, again, his thoughts drifted back to how he could make the date better. It was good there was a stable area and trails just outside of town, but he still had to hope it would be good enough. Everything for a potential other date pointed from this. His mind still went back to the first conversation with the others though, how this could also just be a stepping point until Zach was available.....

Keith let out a sigh as he stepped out of the shower to dry off.

"Ya know, you gotta stop worryin' about this right now. Take the win, and relax."

Keith sighed and nodded. White was right, though he didn't want to admit it right then. He figured it best to go ahead and figure out the rest of the evening. Something didn't feel right. He put on some black sweat pants and a blue tank before making his way back to the kitchen. This had been one hell of a day.

As he walks back in, he waves at Manny.

"Wild first day huh? Oh right, so if you didn't hear it earlier from mission focus, Kenzie likes your accent. Figured you should know." Keith stretches a bit. "So, think we'll be able to keep it exciting for ya here compared to London?"

5. - Top - End - #395

NinjaGuy

Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by Varga
    Varga thinks for a moment on the request. “I think I might be able to arrange that, if the car isn’t stolen. Have Seraph send over the requisition form and I’ll try to get it approved.”
    Redline's eyes light upon hearing Varga's approval however he's quick to put his poker back on in attempt to retain some semblance of professionalism. "I appreciate it Detective. I'll make sure to gather up all of the info you asked for and send it all your way along with the paperwork."

"Is there a number I can use to contact you directly or an email to send everything to?" He asks, getting up from his chair and returning it to it's original resting place. The hero he walks over to the door after Varga replies and begins to take his leave but stops in the doorway. "Oh yeah... Thank you for everything that you do. And your service. I don't think Drake's ever brought it up while I've been around but I'm sure he's proud to have a hero like you for a dad." He says looking back over his shoulder, nodding slightly towards the various picture frames.

After slipping through the doorway Redline makes it out of the precinct and back to his bike. The hero takes his time returning to home on his motorcycle, opting to travel along a familiar path on the outskirts of the city.

Compare and Contrast

Quote Originally Posted by Ryker
    “Oh,” Ryker says, almost disappointed. He looks at the screen for a moment before averting his gaze. “Nah man. Normally I’d be down, but my head’s really pounding. I think I’m gonna go to my room and chill. Maybe try to sleep.”

He gives Louis a nod before leaving him to his game.
    "Nah I get it, It's been a long day. A little sleep is probably for the best. I'll catch up with you later." Louis says as he waves to Ryker with his controller-free hand.

He waits a few moments before looking back at the spot where Ryker was standing. "Was it something I said?"

Louis sighs before unpausing his game, the sound of engines roaring and screeching tires fill the lounge as he's left to sit with his thoughts.

Izzy Delivery Service

Around 5pm, Louis gets a call from one of the nurses at the hospital. She tells him that they’re getting ready to discharge Izzy in the next thirty minutes or so.

When he arrives at the hospital, Izzy is waiting in reception. She’s wearing some donated yoga pants and a plain blue shirt. The Latina looks lost in thought until she notices Louis and smiles at him. “Thanks for coming to get me. I… really appreciate it.”
    Simply seeing the Latina's smile again is enough to draw out one of his own. "No thanks necessary, I was looking forward to this to be honest. Besides, what kind of delivery boy would I be if I didn't get you home safe and sound? I take a lot of pride in my work ya know?" He says in a teasing manner

"So... you ever ride a bike before?"

6. - Top - End - #396

GreataxeFighterGuy

As he walks back in, he waves at Manny.

"Wild first day huh? Oh right, so if you didn't hear it earlier from mission focus, Kenzie likes your accent. Figured you should know." Keith stretches a bit. "So, think we'll be able to keep it exciting for ya here compared to London?"
    She does?!

*Ahem*

"It's was most certainly a day. Certainly different than most of the days in London. The excitement is certainly different. Never witnessed a proper B&E before. Quite the daring one, eh?" Manny says, Yawning and thinking how long his day had truly been. About 28 hours if he added it correctly. " But yes it has been interesting to say the least. I'd be floored if not for that nap earlier." The Kettle whistles.

"Care for some tea? I'm just warming some water right now."

7. - Top - End - #397

AssassinGuy

She does?!

*Ahem*

"It's was most certainly a day. Certainly different than most of the days in London. The excitement is certainly different. Never witnessed a proper B&E before. Quite the daring one, eh?" Manny says, Yawning and thinking how long his day had truly been. About 28 hours if he added it correctly. " But yes it has been interesting to say the least. I'd be floored if not for that nap earlier." The Kettle whistles.

"Care for some tea? I'm just warming some water right now."
    Keith chuckles a bit at the B&E comment, since it wasn't entirely proper at all. It was a rookie mistake for any sort of infiltration. Keith yawns as well since that is contagious.

"I don't doubt it, jet lag and everything had to hit hard. So bit more action than London or roughly a similar situation? The B&E, like I told ya over the comms my old trainer would have flayed me for that mistake." He smacks his forehead. "Usually like to stake out first, the time limit kinda set things off though."

Keith nods and smiles. "Sure thing, and thanks! Seems like you'll be fitting in right well here. And, thanks for organizing us and keeping us all focused earlier. Team leader before coming here?"

8. - Top - End - #398

GreataxeFighterGuy

Keith chuckles a bit at the B&E comment, since it wasn't entirely proper at all. It was a rookie mistake for any sort of infiltration. Keith yawns as well since that is contagious.

"I don't doubt it, jet lag and everything had to hit hard. So bit more action than London or roughly a similar situation? The B&E, like I told ya over the comms my old trainer would have flayed me for that mistake." He smacks his forehead. "Usually like to stake out first, the time limit kinda set things off though."

Keith nods and smiles. "Sure thing, and thanks! Seems like you'll be fitting in right well here. And, thanks for organizing us and keeping us all focused earlier. Team leader before coming here?"
    "I'm sure you'll dazzle with the next one. Proper planning included." Manny says with a laugh before steeping his tea. "I'm glad you think I'll find a place here. Though I may have pushed it a bit with the XO. Never riled up an angel before. It was exciting, but I don't suspect he'll be asking me for my input on things anytime soon. Manny says, looking out into the kitchen.

"All the same to me, I suppose I'll stay out of his mane if he's nice enough to reciprocate." Manny says with a smile

"I was an acting team lead before I was sent here, yes." Manny says, sitting back down and taking a sip of tea. "Mostly because I was most senior member and Vivi- Faefire was injured from a mission prior."

He takes a sip of tea before putting his leg in the seat. "You and Yuki we're looking at something on your phone. Showing off your girlfriend?" Manny asks, with a wicked grin on his face.

9. - Top - End - #399

AssassinGuy

"I'm sure you'll dazzle with the next one. Proper planning included." Manny says with a laugh before steeping his tea. "I'm glad you think I'll find a place here. Though I may have pushed it a bit with the XO. Never riled up an angel before. It was exciting, but I don't suspect he'll be asking me for my input on things anytime soon. Manny says, looking out into the kitchen.

"All the same to me, I suppose I'll stay out of his mane if he's nice enough to reciprocate." Manny says with a smile

"I was an acting team lead before I was sent here, yes." Manny says, sitting back down and taking a sip of tea. "Mostly because I was most senior member and Vivi- Faefire was injured from a mission prior."

He takes a sip of tea before putting his leg in the seat. "You and Yuki we're looking at something on your phone. Showing off your girlfriend?" Manny asks, with a wicked grin on his face.
    Keith chuckles a bit.

"Yeah, the next time hopefully." He shakes his head and grins. "To be fair, there's a lot going on so I don't think you may have ruffled him far too much. I'm certain our house guest isn't helping the strain of solo night patrol now either. He'll let you know if you cross a line, tends to be rather straight forward for the most part. That, or you could get John to make the request."

Keith listened intently and nodded as Manny explained his stint as a team lead. The way he had acted, it set the precedent. He could also see why he was the acting lead. Organization wise, Manny did well! He just may need to relax some, the incident earlier with the civilian was probably a one off and his reaction wouldn't have been too different had the roles been reversed.

"Makes sense, and can see why you took over. Faefire? Can't say that name rings a bell, though guess hospitalization is normal for injury when you don't have angels on the team." Keith grimaces. "We all had to heal the old fashioned way on my old teams. Certainly makes a difference in being ready."

At the mention of their phones and the girlfriend comment, Keith's face goes red and he gets a bit flustered. taking his phone back out and getting the pictures of the horses back up.

"I w-wish she was. Had a c-c-crush on her for a while and managed to ask her out the other day. Got a date for Saturday and been trying to plan that most of the day." Keith shows Manny the pictures of Burnout and her horses.

"She's always been really nice and made me feel welcome so wanted to make sure the date went well. Said there might be a second if she enjoyed this one and felt something on it. Just...... she also has a thing for someone else so lucked out even getting this chance."

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

John
    Emi smiles up at John as she takes her seat. "Not scandalous," she agrees. Her eyes soften as John gazes at her. "I wouldn't invite just any man to my room."

She waits until he gets into the driver's seat before continuing. "You're one of the few outside my family that knows my powers get severely limited if I overuse them, and how to help me afterward. You're the only one that knows about my mother. You're the first man I kissed."

She reaches over and touches John's knee, unleashing the full force of her eyes upon him. "I know it hasn't been long, but I trust you implicitly, John."

Louis
    "That's true," Izzy says as she follows Louis out to the parking lot. "You do good work though."

She looks at the bike and pales a little. "I'm gonna be honest, I haven't ever ridden a motorcycle. Not even as a passenger."

11. - Top - End - #401

GreataxeFighterGuy

Keith chuckles a bit.

"Yeah, the next time hopefully." He shakes his head and grins. "To be fair, there's a lot going on so I don't think you may have ruffled him far too much. I'm certain our house guest isn't helping the strain of solo night patrol now either. He'll let you know if you cross a line, tends to be rather straight forward for the most part. That, or you could get John to make the request."

Keith listened intently and nodded as Manny explained his stint as a team lead. The way he had acted, it set the precedent. He could also see why he was the acting lead. Organization wise, Manny did well! He just may need to relax some, the incident earlier with the civilian was probably a one off and his reaction wouldn't have been too different had the roles been reversed.

"Makes sense, and can see why you took over. Faefire? Can't say that name rings a bell, though guess hospitalization is normal for injury when you don't have angels on the team." Keith grimaces. "We all had to heal the old fashioned way on my old teams. Certainly makes a difference in being ready."

At the mention of their phones and the girlfriend comment, Keith's face goes red and he gets a bit flustered. taking his phone back out and getting the pictures of the horses back up.

"I w-wish she was. Had a c-c-crush on her for a while and managed to ask her out the other day. Got a date for Saturday and been trying to plan that most of the day." Keith shows Manny the pictures of Burnout and her horses.

"She's always been really nice and made me feel welcome so wanted to make sure the date went well. Said there might be a second if she enjoyed this one and felt something on it. Just...... she also has a thing for someone else so lucked out even getting this chance."
    "A crush?" Manny says, Looking at the phone."

"What the hell mate? Are all the Heroines in this town cute?!"

Kenzie, Emi, Sidney, Yuki and, now her? Yeeeesh

*Ahem*

"Wait a tick. She has a thing for someone else?" Manny hangs his head. "You know about it and you wanna take her out on a date still? Say it ain't so my man."

This sounds like the lot Manny knew with back in London. Granted, he was the guy they had a thing for. But to string yourself along....

Manny sighed and looks at Keith.

"You like her a lot don't you?"

12. - Top - End - #402

AssassinGuy

"A crush?" Manny says, Looking at the phone."

"What the hell mate? Are all the Heroines in this town cute?!"

Kenzie, Emi, Sidney, Yuki and, now her? Yeeeesh

*Ahem*

"Wait a tick. She has a thing for someone else?" Manny hangs his head. "You know about it and you wanna take her out on a date still? Say it ain't so my man."

This sounds like the lot Manny knew with back in London. Granted, he was the guy they had a thing for. But to string yourself along....

Manny sighed and looks at Keith.

"You like her a lot don't you?"
    Keith chuckles a bit as Manny made his comment about all the heroines being cute. He couldn't argue with the assessment at all either.

"Yeah, just never had the chance to while we were on the same team. Can't argue with you there, though the ice queen is certainly terrifying." Keith shivered a bit.

At the question about Kylie's crush on someone else, Keith hung his head. Even with the next question, he couldn't say much else but the simple truth. The only saving grace that he had right now was that Zach was in a relationship. If not for that, well this entire half a day planning would be worthless. Especially if Kylie knew. He just sighed and took a deep breath.

"Yeah, she does. And it's a guy that pretty much tormented me a bit on our old team. And yeah, I do still want to, and I do like her a lot. Also realize the only saving grace for this and why I'm getting the date is she wanted to give me a chance, and because her crush is in a relationship." Keith shrugged. "That's pretty much why I've been given a chance."

He shook his head. "So far, the plan is to go out on Saturday, hopefully to the horse trails, then food, and maybe a concert. She suggested the concert, but I just wanted to do something a bit more personal. That and not sure if she would like the music or not."
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2022-11-05 at 06:43 PM.

13. - Top - End - #403

GreataxeFighterGuy

Keith chuckles a bit as Manny made his comment about all the heroines being cute. He couldn't argue with the assessment at all either.

"Yeah, just never had the chance to while we were on the same team. Can't argue with you there, though the ice queen is certainly terrifying." Keith shivered a bit.

At the question about Kylie's crush on someone else, Keith hung his head. Even with the next question, he couldn't say much else but the simple truth. The only saving grace that he had right now was that Zach was in a relationship. If not for that, well this entire half a day planning would be worthless. Especially if Kylie knew. He just sighed and took a deep breath.

"Yeah, she does. And it's a guy that pretty much tormented me a bit on our old team. And yeah, I do still want to, and I do like her a lot. Also realize the only saving grace for this and why I'm getting the date is she wanted to give me a chance, and because her crush is in a relationship." Keith shrugged. "That's pretty much why I've been given a chance."

He shook his head. "So far, the plan is to go out on Saturday, hopefully to the horse trails, then food, and maybe a concert. She suggested the concert, but the music isn't entirely her taste either."
    Manny nods at the influx of information, finishes his tea and rinses out his mug. He opens the fridge to find a couple of beers. He opens them both and hands one to Keith

"Mate. There's so much **** here." Manny says just shaking his head.

"Let's start from the top." Manny says taking a swig.

"When did you meet her and when did you realize you liked her?"

14. - Top - End - #404

OldWizardGuy

John
    Emi smiles up at John as she takes her seat. "Not scandalous," she agrees. Her eyes soften as John gazes at her. "I wouldn't invite just any man to my room."

She waits until he gets into the driver's seat before continuing. "You're one of the few outside my family that knows my powers get severely limited if I overuse them, and how to help me afterward. You're the only one that knows about my mother. You're the first man I kissed."

She reaches over and touches John's knee, unleashing the full force of her eyes upon him. "I know it hasn't been long, but I trust you implicitly, John."

“I-iii, um….”

He was vaguely aware that Clea had activated her systems and had tinted the windows a little more opaque. He was also vaguely aware of that only because his world had collapsed into her eyes. Those, he was keenly aware of.

“Must I do everything?” Clea said quietly in mock indignation as she shifted into reverse and began to extract herself from the parking space.

“East Side base, please, Clea,” John requested somewhat distractedly. He noted that his head turned slightly towards the control screen.

His eyes, however, did not move from Emi’s.

“I know where to go, John,” Clea replied more gently. “You two just let me know if you need me to go once around the park on the way back.”

“Okay,” John heard himself replying absurdly as his face rotated back into position.

Normally, his higher order thinking skills would have kicked in and tried to pull John into some kind of order. To his dismay, he found that they were trying to decide if pulling him together was the best response at the moment. There was something special about the moment — particular — that made it seem like it required an emotional, instinctive response rather than one based in reason.

“I, um, thank you. Thank you for trusting me,” he finally said quietly, still held by her gaze.

He leaned in to kiss her, wondering if he would find the will to break her gaze and complete the move or if she would release him so that he could.

15. - Top - End - #405

AssassinGuy

Manny nods at the influx of information, finishes his tea and rinses out his mug. He opens the fridge to find a couple of beers. He opens them both and hands one to Keith

"Mate. There's so much **** here." Manny says just shaking his head.

"Let's start from the top." Manny says taking a swig.

"When did you meet her and when did you realize you liked her?"
    Keith raises an eyebrow at the beer and chuckles a bit. Manny was right, there was a lot to unpack with the entire thing.

"Actually underage for drinkin' but appreciate it though. Even though it won't really hit me much. Poison immunity and all that......" Keith shook his head. Even caffeine barely did anything for him at this point, but it was a habit. And the placebo effect.

"So..... I met her back when I first joined up with East Side. I was workin' with AEGIS for a while and then ended up being swapped to Myriad when I got here. Was about a year or so ago and I met her then. Realized I liked her about 4 months later after me, her, and two other friends had been hangin' out for a good while. Also never made me feel like an outsider for not really having much family to go visit during holidays. Or for being raised moving from facility to facility with my uncle."

16. - Top - End - #406

GreataxeFighterGuy

Keith raises an eyebrow at the beer and chuckles a bit. Manny was right, there was a lot to unpack with the entire thing.

"Actually underage for drinkin' but appreciate it though. Even though it won't really hit me much. Poison immunity and all that......" Keith shook his head. Even caffeine barely did anything for him at this point, but it was a habit. And the placebo effect.

"So..... I met her back when I first joined up with East Side. I was workin' with AEGIS for a while and then ended up being swapped to Myriad when I got here. Was about a year or so ago and I met her then. Realized I liked her about 4 months later after me, her, and two other friends had been hangin' out for a good while. Also never made me feel like an outsider for not really having much family to go visit during holidays. Or for being raised moving from facility to facility with my uncle."
    "****, mate you're not even 18? No matter, I think. Put a pin in that." Manny says waving his hand.

"Alright, So you were placed on her team and you liked her a bit later. and She's liked this guy the entire time? Also what do you mean raised in a facility? You one of those government super soldiers?"

Jeez I ask a question and 5 more take it's place. Manny takes a deep breath.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Last Call:

"I'll see you." Raphael says, watching the rest of the team file out. He makes a show of finishing the dregs of his beverage while the rest of the team files out, lagging behind them.

He saunters part way to the kitchen before turning to face Sidney's old man. "Hey, I don't know if Red Line reached out to you, but he and Ryker and me went and saved that girl they were trying use against you."

A cold smirk twists his features and his gaze grows distant. "I did my very best to persuade them that nabbing civilians we're close to is a bad idea." He snarks.

The vampire scratches at his nose, and his normal calm, cocky attitude returns. He averts his gaze and says "I hope you'll rest easier knowing that. G'night." He nods at the older man and turns and exits the bar.

Raphael takes a deep breath he doesn't need of the night air, looking around before setting off in a random direction.

After meandering for several minutes to put distance between himself and the coffee bar and settle his thoughts, he takes a turn down the next alleyway and takes to the skies as a cluster of bats heading for home.

Back Home:

Raphael lands on the roof and looks out over the city. "Some times, I wish I smoked." He muses aloud. "It'd be something to do besides brood."

He lets his eyes drift, taking in the whole of the city... thinking about the people and the kindred it contained - and the threats yet to be uncovered.

His eyes narrowed. His city to protect.

He blinks the thought away and turns to head inside, seeking out the rest of the team.

18. - Top - End - #408

AssassinGuy

"****, mate you're not even 18? No matter, I think. Put a pin in that." Manny says waving his hand.

"Alright, So you were placed on her team and you liked her a bit later. and She's liked this guy the entire time? Also what do you mean raised in a facility? You one of those government super soldiers?"

Jeez I ask a question and 5 more take it's place. Manny takes a deep breath.
    Keith tilts his head and then realizes where the miscommunication happened.

"Nah, I'm 19. Drinkin' age is 21 here." He can't help but chuckle a bit. He then nods since Manny's questions were fairly straightforward.

"Yeah, placed on her team, liked her later, and then the other day find out she's had this crush for two years. Full time, no one ever said anything, and all because dude has been in an on again off again relationship."

He rubs the back of his neck at Manny's question about the facilities.

"About that.... So my uncle works for AEGIS, and after my mom passed he became my legal guardian. I just ended up moving around with him so spent a lot of time growing up in various AEGIS facilities. Lot of home schooling and online schooling with it. Definitely not a super soldier."

"It's a pretty messed up situation."

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

John
    Emi leans into John for a kiss, closing her eyes and freeing him from his trance. It's a soft, sweet kiss that Emi smiles into. John feels a small spark of happiness and contentment travel into him as she rests a hand on his neck and jaw.

She looks down, slightly embarrassed as she pulls her hand away. "Sorry. I can usually suppress that." Her cheeks warm slightly. "I was just a little distracted."

Raphael
    Scott nods to Raphael. "Louis texted me earlier and said that Izzy was okay. Thank you, for saving her." He pushes a small styrofoam box toward the vampire. "Here, for you and Stella. One of her favorites."

As he heads downstairs at the base, no one is in sight. It looks like most people have gone their separate ways for the night, or to get cleaned up.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Then and Now:

Then...

"I normally don't take payment in the form of pastries." Raphael says with a wink and a smile. "But if it's her favorite, I'll make an exception. Every time." He faux-toasts the man and turns to leave.

Now...

"Hey Mimi, do you know where I can find Stella?" Raphael asks.

Following the AI's directions, Raphael knocks on her door. "Scott sent this back with me. It's a surprise." He says by way of greeting, pushing the styrofoam carton into her hands.

"I'm surprised you're not hanging out with Sidney, after the day we've all had." He says.

"I didn't know if you were gonna go to bed, or if you wanted to..." Raphael waffles a bit. "I dunno, 'follow up' on anything from 5th chapter, since that was all kinda last minute."
    Last edited by big teej; 2022-11-05 at 08:18 PM. Reason: The day won't end for another 6 months. No need to write myself out:

21. - Top - End - #411

GreataxeFighterGuy

Keith tilts his head and then realizes where the miscommunication happened.

"Nah, I'm 19. Drinkin' age is 21 here." He can't help but chuckle a bit. He then nods since Manny's questions were fairly straightforward.

"Yeah, placed on her team, liked her later, and then the other day find out she's had this crush for two years. Full time, no one ever said anything, and all because dude has been in an on again off again relationship."

He rubs the back of his neck at Manny's question about the facilities.

"About that.... So my uncle works for AEGIS, and after my mom passed he became my legal guardian. I just ended up moving around with him so spent a lot of time growing up in various AEGIS facilities. Lot of home schooling and online schooling with it. Definitely not a super soldier."

"It's a pretty messed up situation."
    "Ah I see." Manny says, Taking another swig. "Sorry for your loss. I'm sure your uncle was doing his best with everything. But homeschooling and constantly moving cant be great for not feeling like an outsider. So she. What's her name? She's made you feel like you're not an extra puzzle piece and you've developed feelings. You told her you liked her and then what?"

22. - Top - End - #412

AssassinGuy

"Ah I see." Manny says, Taking another swig. "Sorry for your loss. I'm sure your uncle was doing his best with everything. But homeschooling and constantly moving cant be great for not feeling like an outsider. So she. What's her name? She's made you feel like you're not an extra puzzle piece and you've developed feelings. You told her you liked her and then what?"
    Keith nods as Manny takes another swig.

"Thanks man, and yeah, he did his best. Gave me a good knowledge of AEGIS policy at least, and let me see some of the world." Keith shrugged.

"Her names Kylie, and yeah, she made me not feel too much like an outsider, heard my entire past, never once judged me for it, and it all started out as great friends. I told her and then she asked if I was asking her out on a date, said yeah, and then she told me about the other guy and that she wanted to think about it a couple of days. Told me she was sorry because it's not fair to me, and then got the answer today of one date, and she'll think about another if she feels something on this one."

Keith sighed and shook his head. He could hear White starting to cackle again. That guy had some serious mood swings.

"Just like I mentioned to Yuki and Stella, got mixed emotions and expectations. Cause, yeah I could be a backup if that guy never works out, or could just be getting strung along. Right now just waiting on her to respond about the horse stables for the date."

Keith huffs a laugh and grins at Manny. "Just however the cards fall ya know? How about you? Eye on someone with all the cute heroines?"

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Raphael
    When Stella opens the door, her hair is damp from a shower and she's changed into a pair of black yoga capris and a loose dark red Bastion tank top. Her scent hits Raphael's nose; she has a slight floral/fruity smell, and then underneath that is the scent of blood-- It's the same tantalizing smell that he'd gotten from Cassie's blood a few hours earlier.

She smiles as she takes the box and opens it, revealing a dozen dark brown cookies with granules of sugar on top. "Oh, ginger cookies! Je les adore."

Spoiler: Translation
    Show
    I love these

"Mimi said she was with Ryker," Stella says as she takes out a cookie. "I didn't want want to get in the middle of anything."

She waves Raphael into her room as she munches on the sweet dessert. "I did want to ask you a few things. You said you just met that other vampire today, correct? What did he want from you? I didn't want to ask in front of John and Emilia."

24. - Top - End - #414

OldWizardGuy

John
    Emi leans into John for a kiss, closing her eyes and freeing him from his trance. It's a soft, sweet kiss that Emi smiles into. John feels a small spark of happiness and contentment travel into him as she rests a hand on his neck and jaw.

She looks down, slightly embarrassed as she pulls her hand away. "Sorry. I can usually suppress that." Her cheeks warm slightly. "I was just a little distracted."
    “Which part?” John asks quietly, basking in the emotions he had just felt from her. “The feelings that I felt with the kiss? I assume my incoherence was the natural result of your turning your full attention on me. You are, after all, the most important thing in my life so it’s to be expected….

“Person, not thing. Our relationship could be considered a thing — the most important….”

He looked down, her contentment and happiness still muddling his thoughts. “I’m going to stop now before I confuse myself further and start trying to explain the meaning of ‘most’ or ‘important.’“

25. - Top - End - #415
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Follow-Up:

Raphael licks his suddenly dry lips and viciously shoves aside the memory of Cassie's blood and how flat his blood bag had tasted as he sweeps into the room.

"I suppose showing him that picture can wait." Raphael makes a face. "Assuming that's even a good idea at this point. I haven't seen them, do you know if they're..... alright?"

The vampire shrugs off the topic for later, answering Stella's questions instead.

"Correct." Raphael nods, lips pursing as he remembers the conversation with the elder vampire. "One of..." He points at himself. "us, has gone off the reservation, so to speak, and is up to no good." He smiles and holds his hands out wide. "Well. A specific brand of no good that is out of bounds. They asked me to find him and bring him in. Or Dust him, if he doesn't want to cooperate with me."

Raphael looks at his nails, picking at an imaginary flaw in their diamond-hard surface. "That's... That's really bad juju, in our circles. Offing one of the Kindred is.... a Taboo would be an understatement." He shrugs again "so that should give you an idea of how bad it is."

He absent mindly scratches at the back of his head "I need to mention it to Seraph tomorrow. I'd like to bring... those of you who know... but maybe he can put a face on it and we can take everyone. Easier, that way."

Raphael stretches, pulling one arm across his chest, then the other. "In exchange, someone owes me a big favor."
    Last edited by big teej; 2022-11-05 at 09:48 PM.

26. - Top - End - #416

GreataxeFighterGuy

Keith nods as Manny takes another swig.

"Thanks man, and yeah, he did his best. Gave me a good knowledge of AEGIS policy at least, and let me see some of the world." Keith shrugged.

"Her names Kylie, and yeah, she made me not feel too much like an outsider, heard my entire past, never once judged me for it, and it all started out as great friends. I told her and then she asked if I was asking her out on a date, said yeah, and then she told me about the other guy and that she wanted to think about it a couple of days. Told me she was sorry because it's not fair to me, and then got the answer today of one date, and she'll think about another if she feels something on this one."

Keith sighed and shook his head. He could hear White starting to cackle again. That guy had some serious mood swings.

"Just like I mentioned to Yuki and Stella, got mixed emotions and expectations. Cause, yeah I could be a backup if that guy never works out, or could just be getting strung along. Right now just waiting on her to respond about the horse stables for the date."

Keith huffs a laugh and grins at Manny. "Just however the cards fall ya know? How about you? Eye on someone with all the cute heroines?"
    "No sir. No changing the subject." Manny says eyeing Keith warily.

"I want you to think about this. You took the initiative proper and asked Kylie out. She told you that there was another guy and that she'd think about it? That's doesn't sound like a 'NO' to you, Mate? Imagine you go one the date and have a great time Amazing time. Do you think You change her heart on a two year crush about a guy she Lives with? No shot. Don't be someone's consolation prize. You'll be no better than the hangarounds at the local haunts John and I went to And None of them had anything going for them. You're a literal superhero and as a friend you ought to carry yourself like one."

Spoiler: OOC: MASK MOVES!!!!!!!
    Show

Manny Comforts and Supports Keith: 9-1=8
    Keith may Mark Potential, Shift labels, or clear a condition.
    Last edited by HIDA; 2022-11-06 at 08:41 AM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

John
    Emi smiles at John's string of half-coherent sentences. "I understand what you mean. But yes, the extra emotions," she says. "As a low-level empath, I can share and feel emotions. I try my hardest to keep my own feelings to myself. I don't want to influence you, or have you misunderstand and think that those emotions are coming from yourself."

"Most of the time I keep tight control over it, but... I'm very tired. And very preoccupied," she admits, holding one of John's hands in her own.

Raphael
    Stella sits on her bed, munching on one more small cookie before setting it on the nightstand. She pats the space next to her, inviting the vampire to sit. "Mimi said the two of them had made up when I asked," she says. "I'm glad. Sidney and I didn't talk a lot on our way back to base; she seemed really lost in thought. But I know how much the two of them care for each other. They've been through a lot together."

Stella looks quizzically up at him. "Who else knows about you, other than John and I? I am happy to help you, of course. I owe you... everything, after today. Thank you again, for saving my mere," she says with a smile as she reaches for Raphael's hand.

She sobers a little as she looks down at her lap, thinking. "Did you know that woman? Cassie? I don't know why, but she seemed very familiar to me. But I know I've never met her."
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2022-11-06 at 10:01 PM.

28. - Top - End - #418

AssassinGuy

"No sir. No changing the subject." Manny says eyeing Keith warily.

"I want you to think about this. You took the initiative proper and asked Kylie out. She told you that there was another guy and that she'd think about it? That's doesn't sound like a 'NO' to you, Mate? Imagine you go one the date and have a great time Amazing time. Do you think You change her heart on a two year crush about a guy she Lives with? No shot. Don't be someone's consolation prize. You'll be no better than the hangarounds at the local haunts John and I went to And None of them had anything going for them. You're a literal superhero and as a friend you oughta carry yourself like one."

Spoiler: OOC: MASK MOVES!!!!!!!
    Show

Manny Comforts and Supports Keith: 9-1=8
    Keith may Mark Potential, Shift labels, or clear a condition.
    Keith raises an eyebrow at first as Manny gives him a wary look and then his face returns to normal listening. He.... couldn't argue against any of it. She did pretty much tell him no and then gave a chance to which, the answer is still a rough no. Not to mention the fact that they do live together. How do you compete with that?! Though he did feel slightly insulted at being compared to a hangaround. He couldn't let Manny in on the rest of his past yet but he did have the powers and linage going for him.

Then again, he wasn't truly a prince as many of the former empire agents called him. Only in name. He had to run his hand over his face and up through his hair to hid his eyes for a moment to control White creeping in. He could feel the sclera turning black. Once he had it under control he looked up at the ceiling and sighed.

"You.... I can't argue against any of that......" Keith said exhausted by the thought process. "I thought maybe there could be a chance, and I want to believe that there is. But you're right, I'm carryin' myself around like some sideliner." He huffed a laugh. "The only thing I've managed to do halfway right today is keeping Aeryn alive, and that was pure luck of location."

Spoiler: Keith hears Manny
    Show

Keith hears Manny and clears Guilty.

Keith sighs heavily. then looks back at Manny with a soft smile. "Thanks friend. And I am actually curious on your thoughts. Or even just anything you'd like to share. Staying in the shadows may have had an ill impact on my mentality for a lot of this."

29. - Top - End - #419

OldWizardGuy

John
    Emi smiles at John's string of half-coherent sentences. "I understand what you mean. But yes, the extra emotions," she says. "As a low-level empath, I can share and feel emotions. I try my hardest to keep my own feelings to myself. I don't want to influence you, or have you misunderstand and think that those emotions are coming from yourself."

"Most of the time I keep tight control over it, but... I'm very tired. And very preoccupied," she admits, holding one of John's hands in her own.
    “Well, if it helps,” John said smiling, “I didn’t feel anything from you that I do not feel myself when in your presence. I may trip over my words a little more and perhaps might occasionally overdo things in an attempt to impress or please you, but I can honestly say that I’ve never been happier than when I have been with you.”

“Five minutes to arrival, John and particular friend,” Clea added quietly. “Just in case the two of you had any other confessions you would like to make in front of me instead of Nora.”

John felt his heart thump as his mind reassembled itself. He would be with her in her room soon. It may not be scandalous — well not very scandalous — but it would be an opportunity to learn much about her, based on what she had chosen to display there.

Then his eyes narrowed.

“Low-level empath,” he said, offering Emi an knowing smile. “So while you have not been able to read my thoughts, you have been able to read my emotions? It’s okay if you have. With the correct training and skills, you can do it without any powers. It would go a good way to explaining a couple of the reads you got off me tonight.”
    Last edited by mmdeforrest; 2022-11-05 at 11:15 PM.

30. - Top - End - #420

GreataxeFighterGuy

Keith raises an eyebrow at first as Manny gives him a wary look and then his face returns to normal listening. He.... couldn't argue against any of it. She did pretty much tell him no and then gave a chance to which, the answer is still a rough no. Not to mention the fact that they do live together. How do you compete with that?! Though he did feel slightly insulted at being compared to a hangaround. He couldn't let Manny in on the rest of his past yet but he did have the powers and linage going for him.

Then again, he wasn't truly a prince as many of the former empire agents called him. Only in name. He had to run his hand over his face and up through his hair to hid his eyes for a moment to control White creeping in. He could feel the sclera turning black. Once he had it under control he looked up at the ceiling and sighed.

"You.... I can't argue against any of that......" Keith said exhausted by the thought process. "I thought maybe there could be a chance, and I want to believe that there is. But you're right, I'm carryin' myself around like some sideliner." He huffed a laugh. "The only thing I've managed to do halfway right today is keeping Aeryn alive, and that was pure luck of location."

Spoiler: Keith hears Manny
    Show

Keith hears Manny and clears Guilty.

Keith sighs heavily. then looks back at Manny with a soft smile. "Thanks friend. And I am actually curious on your thoughts. Or even just anything you'd like to share. Staying in the shadows may have had an ill impact on my mentality for a lot of this."
    "Sorry to be the bad guy, mate." Manny says looking back at his beer.

"Infatuation is scary because it taste like love if you've never known it. It'll get you swept up. It's the same reason... I'm worried about John." He says, taking another swig.

"John is likely the smartest person I know but even he's not immune to a pretty face. And not that I know Emilia to be anything other than pleasant but She could absolutely be taking John for a ride and He would take it to Hell to see the flames dance in her eyes."

Manny sighs and rubs his face. He's probably over thinking it.

"Sorry You were asking me about my thoughts? On what?"