New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Iron Station Savage Masks IC III

October 26th, Izzy’s Apartment

“Yeah, I do,” Izzy says with a smile. “I still can’t believe I have a hero on my couch. Do you like it? Being on the provisional team, I mean?”
    "I'm still trying to process how I ended up on your couch tonight but I'm definitely not complaining about it." He admits with playfulness in his voice as shifts his position on the couch to sit a bit closer to Izzy.

"But to answer your question..." He pauses to consider his experiences at West Side over the last few months, only needing a couple of seconds to formulate an opinion. "Yeah, I do. The difference between training under Red Light and working with a team is like night and day. There's a ton of rules and restrictions you have to follow in addition to making the entire team dynamic work but it's all relatively easy when everyone's on the same wavelength ya know?"

October 30th, Living Room

The illusions behind Stolas show a dark haired man with icy blue eyes that’s close to Ryker’s height and build, and a taller man with long black hair that’s pulled up into a bun at the back of his head. The other man has hazel eyes and a build like Drake’s.
    Louis studies the pair of the criminals in detail up until the moment the illusion is dropped. He elects to keep any further comments to himself uncharacteristically as Harbinger dismisses the team and asks Mimi to compile any available information regarding the two brothers under a new entry in his rogues gallery when he departs.

October 30th, Rooftop

Louis looses a heavy sigh in annoyance as he finishes inspecting his bike and begrudgingly makes his way up to the rooftop in time for the team's departure.

"Somehow I'm not the last one here." He says as he surveys the roof. "Everyone else ready?" The hero asks aloud, looking around the group before his coming to stop at Stella. "So what's our riding situation anyway? I was going to fly United but our guardian angel said this would be safer..." His eyes narrow slightly. "Somehow." Louis adds with a whisper.
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2022-11-21 at 03:05 PM.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

October 26th
    Louis, Izzy’s Apartment
    “I’m not complaining either,” Izzy says with a flirty smile. “Who all is on your team anyway? Have you been ‘on the same wavelength’ with everyone?”

October 27th
    Manny, West Side Gym
    As Manny enters the gym, he spots Aeryn and Sidney on the mats, with Ryker watching over the two of them off to the side. Sidney is currently laying on her back underneath Aeryn, but has the alien locked in a full Nelson.

“You gotta break her grip, Aeryn. Use your elbows,” Ryker says before he takes a drink from a large water bottle and looks up at Manny. “He’s a little busy. Why do you need her number?”

October 30th
    Raphael
    Seraph’s eyes widen just a bit before he nods. “Thanks for bringing it to me before you headed out. Who did you want to bring? And when did you want to go?”

West Side Roof
    Jaal growls again as Stella pats his side before he lays down on the roof. His red eyes flick over to Raphael and his lip curls slightly.

Spoiler: Notice TN 8
    Show
    Jaal’s head inclines, ever so slightly, as he moves his gaze over to John.

Aeryn nods before he gets a little closer to Keith to whisper to him. “He reminds me of something back home. They’ve killed a lot of my people.”

A few moments after Louis arrives, Drake, Yuki, and Seraph emerge from the door as well.

Stella nods to Louis. “Jaal has agreed to carry part of the team. I’ll cast a spell over everyone that rides to slow down their fall so that they can jump onto the warehouse.”

“I can also fit two people on my back in my cockatrice form,” Yuki offers. “Though maybe John should ride so that he can watch over the battlefield.”

“If you guys want to hit hard and fast, one of you can blast a hole through each of the roofs,” Seraph suggests. “Also, Harbinger wanted me to mention that John is going to be Team Leader on this operation.”
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2022-11-22 at 09:51 AM.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    October 27th
    Manny, West Side Gym
    As Manny enters the gym, he spots Aeryn and Sidney on the mats, with Ryker watching over the two of them off to the side. Sidney is currently laying on her back underneath Aeryn, but has the alien locked in a full Nelson.

“You gotta break her grip, Aeryn. Use your elbows,” Ryker says before he takes a drink from a large water bottle and looks up at Manny. “He’s a little busy. Why do you need her number?”
    "I'm planning to throw a Halloween Party for the all Provisional teams in the city and I wanted to invite her personally." Manny says, Tilting his head looking at Aeryn and Sidney grapple. He walks over and squats down just outside flailing limb range.

"Bit of advice If you think you can learn it on the fly: Lock your hands, place them on your face, Then try to touch your elbows in front of your face. If you can do it in a smooth motion You should out in a flash."

October 30th
    West Side Roof
    Jaal growls again as Stella pats his side before he lays down on the roof. His red eyes flick over to Raphael and his lip curls slightly.

Show

Aeryn nods before he gets a little closer to Keith to whisper to him. “He reminds me of something back home. They’ve killed a lot of my people.”

A few moments after Louis arrives, Drake, Yuki, and Seraph emerge from the door as well.

Stella nods to Louis. “Jaal has agreed to carry part of the team. I cast a spell over everyone that rides to slow down their fall so that they can jump onto the warehouse.”

“I can also fit two people on my back in my cockatrice form,” Yuki offers. “Though maybe John should ride so that he can watch over the battlefield.”

“If you guys want to hit hard and fast, one of you can blast a hole through each of the roofs,” Seraph suggests. “Also, Harbinger wanted me to mention that John is going to be Team Leader on this operation.”
    Manny smiles wide. "Congrats, mate. Let's make this a successful first outing, right? On your word, Lead."
    Last edited by HIDA; 2022-11-21 at 09:36 PM.

4. - Top - End - #634

AssassinGuy

October 30th
    West Side Roof

Show

Stella nods to Louis. “Jaal has agreed to carry part of the team. I cast a spell over everyone that rides to slow down their fall so that they can jump onto the warehouse.”

October 30th
    West Side Roof

Keith and Stolas both watch as Jaal changes his gave but don't see much change other than the lip curling at Raph.

Spoiler: Nothing to see here
    Show

Notice: 1d6o6+2 5 1d6o6+2 7
    Notice: 1d8o8+4 5 1d6o6+4 6

He nods as Aeryn moves closer and explains his aversion to the dragon. With an eyebrow raised, he started to wonder what the 'dragons' on Aeryn's homeworld were like. Granted, far more deadly than he'd like to admit, even having sparred with Grayson. He had some control when he wanted, but that dragon in his head..... Keith wouldn't forget dodging ice for his life. Might have actually come in handy for talking with the Ice Queen of Iron Station.

"I see. That makes sense though." Keith said glancing back at the dragon and continuing to whisper to Aeryn. "Honestly glad he's on our side now at least. I'm sorry that they've killed a lot of your people. What are they called?"

At Louis's comment, Keith couldn't help but chuckle a bit. "Can't beat the customer service of Delta though."

Keith tilted his head and looked over at John when he was called as the Team Lead for the mission. It made sense of course. He knew about the stones, and demons, had the knowledge and sense around a battlefield. Suited him fine, he didn't want to be put in a leadership spot.

"Master?" Stolas started to voice his opinions in Keith's mind. "Should I disappear for the mission or stick around a bit? Also, it seems as though you are slightly concerned. What is troubling you?"

Keith glanced over at Stolas as he shared his thoughts though their link. Just a lot on my mind. Funeral yesterday, and just makin' sure everyone survives this. I'll...... explain more later. May want to stay out and help be an eye in the sky, since you do look like a regular raven most of the time. And can help with illusions on the support team. Though, you're only fighting if necessary, ok?

Stolas mock saluted. "Understood, young master."

Regardless, Keith grinned and nodded at John. "Congratulations are in order." Keith stood at the ready for the orders.

5. - Top - End - #635

OldWizardGuy

October 27th
    John, West Side Roof
    “I see,” Seraph says. He looks over at the sword again. “As much as you already know, I don’t mind telling you. Yes— He and five other angels are the first in the line of Erelim, the mortal angels. Zaphriel is as far back as I can trace my lineage. From there, every first born child is always a son and inherits his power. The sword is passed down when Zaphriel indicates that he is ready for the next wielder.”

The angel’s eyes grow a little distant and his voice quiets. “I’ve only had his sword for a little under ten years, but he’s only ever spoken to me once, when I had a moment of weakness… and anger. Ever since then, he’s been quiet. He sometimes acknowledges me, like he did you, when I speak to him, but other than that, he is silent.”
    “It sounds like he only speaks when you are in desperate need of guidance. Once in a decade is a pretty impressive run,” John said with a smile. “Even for an Erelim. That said, I can understand the desire to speak with him and have him respond. Even after you have been chosen, it can be helpful to be reminded you were.”

John blushed as he wondered if he was speaking more to himself than Seraph at the moment.

John, Matsumoto’s
    Emi bows to to Matsumoto and says her goodbyes to him before taking John’s hand and leaving the restaurant. You’re a good man, John. Thank you.
    As John blushed at the compliment, he wondered if he would ever grow sufficiently accustomed to her that even the most offhand positive comment like that caused his stomach to flutter and his spirits soar. He decided that blushing slightly less often might have its benefits but he did not mind the giddiness Emi drew out of him so effortlessly.

Yes, Kylie very bluntly told him last night that she’s dating Zack, Emi replies as they walk down the sidewalk, hand in hand. I hope he’s taking it okay. She perks up as John mentions Manny’s plans. A party for all the teams? That sounds fun. I wouldn’t mind attending with you. It would be good for everyone to meet if they can.
    It’s hard to tell how he is taking it, John responded. He’s been keeping to himself — not that I have had a lot of chances to interact with him. Manny mentioned this morning that he was trying to take him under his wing. Since I have been decommissioned as his wingman, he may be looking to recruit Keith.

He also mentioned this morning he wanted me to ask if you could help out with the party in a small way. Our team has had no contact with North Side and Manny is set on getting an invite to them. By any chance, would we be able to pass the word to them through you? Given what Seraph mentioned this morning when Keith was revealing that his uncle wanted him to secure a meeting with Coldfront as a part of his training as Crowe, I suspect you would have a greater chance of success in reaching them than Ian might.

6. - Top - End - #636

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HIDA View Post
    Manny smiles wide. "Congrats, mate. Let's make this a successful first outing, right? On your word, Lead."
    Spoiler: Paying his respects
    Show
    Noticing Jaal’s acknowledgement: 1d10o10+4 10 1d6o6+4 9

John offered a small smile to Jaal in return, pleased to know at least one dragon appeared to be as on his side as one could hope for in a dragon.

“Lead?” John asked, doing a double take between Manny and Seraph, cutting short his response to Manny’s question. “You have three heroes who have held that title officially here to choose from and you go with the consultant?”

The joke was honest but also honestly covered a moment of concern. He was just a consultant — attached to whatever team AEGIS felt needed him more right now but specifically partnered with a field agent rather than a provisional team. Somehow, that offended his sensibilities.

It wasn’t just the violation of the or chart that gave him pause. His appointment made him keenly aware that he had been enjoying being outside the chain of command — getting to associate with it without being placed in it. Now, that freedom had been replaced by responsibility and he was not sure that he liked it.

It was much more difficult to maintain a mysterious, inscrutable air when you were supposed to explain things to those who were following you.

It did, however, neatly sidestep the question of priority and precedence between South and West — although none of them had been hung up over following Drake or Raphael’s leads in the last few missions.

Almost as if it were working to counter his sense of things, his memory dredged up his conversation with Ayern on Sunday, when he pointed out that assignment to a provisional team — on a consulting basis or not — was a chance and a place for them each to learn about themselves, their potential, and about their roles.

Now, apparently, it was time for him to learn about his relationship to and potential for leadership.

He still didn’t like it.

“Wish me luck,” he said, looking around. “If everyone’s ready, let’s mount up and go.”

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

October 27th
    John, West Side Roof
    The angel shakes his head. “For me, maybe. My dad and Zaphriel would talk often, at least that’s what he told me. I think Zaphriel’s angry or at least disappointed in me, after what happened.” His eyes grow distant and John can see shame there. “It wasn’t too long after the sword was passed down to me. I acted in a manner unbecoming of an angel.”

He blinks the memory away and takes a deep breath. “There are times that I wish I could ask him for advice, but I suppose I at least have my uncle for that.”

Manny, West Side Gym
    Using Manny’s advice, Aeryn breaks free, only for Sidney to maneuver him into an arm bar. She’s careful with the pressure she’s exerting on his elbow over her hip, making sure not to hurt him and giving him and chance to figure out how to get out without just using his superior strength.

“A party, hmm?” Ryker says, raising an eyebrow. “Am I invited too?”

John, Bastion College
    Emi glances over at John as they walk. You’re right about that. I’ll text Nova, their Team Leader, and see if she’ll float the idea to Coldfront. Do you know where or when this party will be? I kind of doubt that Coldfront will let all six of them come— they may have to draw straws for who has to miss for patrols, but she might let half of them out of the night.

8. - Top - End - #638

GreataxeFighterGuy

Manny, West Side Gym
    Using Manny’s advice, Aeryn breaks free, only for Sidney to maneuver him into an arm bar. She’s careful with the pressure she’s exerting on his elbow over her hip, making sure not to hurt him and giving him and chance to figure out how to get out without just using his superior strength.

“A party, hmm?” Ryker says, raising an eyebrow. “Am I invited ]
    Manny sighs as he watches Aeryn get put in another hold before he looks over at Ryker.
    "Of course you're invited. Just don't get yourself into any trouble, mate." Manny says, darting his eyes to Sidney before looking back at him.

"I'm trying to help Keith and his old mate from East Side bounce back from a little heartbreak. If I can put a genuine smile on their faces Saturday, I'll consider it to be a huge success."

"When you guys are done i need help selecting a venue something spacious but not so big 25-30 people cant fill it. Maybe some nooks and crannies tucked away for some... fraternization." Manny says, with a glint in his eye.

"Here are the Options Mimi sent me. What do you think?" Manny says, showing his phone to Ryker.
    Last edited by HIDA; 2022-11-22 at 02:34 PM.

9. - Top - End - #639

OldWizardGuy

October 27th
    John, West Side Roof
    The angel shakes his head. “For me, maybe. My dad and Zaphriel would talk often, at least that’s what he told me. I think Zaphriel’s angry or at least disappointed in me, after what happened.” His eyes grow distant and John can see shame there. “It wasn’t too long after the sword was passed down to me. I acted in a manner unbecoming of an angel.”

He blinks the memory away and takes a deep breath. “There are times that I wish I could ask him for advice, but I suppose I at least have my uncle for that.”
    “I suspect we mortals have gotten a lot of messages garbled over time,” John said carefully, wondering if the title applied to him or not, “but one thing that is generally agreed upon is grace and forgiveness. It’s left a little vague as to how long the period of contrition lasts, of course, but disappointment is not the same as condemnation. I have faith that, if you really needed him, Zaphriel would be there for you — as you have been there for those of us who you have taken under your wing.”

The pun, this time, was intended.

Spoiler: The Height of Somthing
    Show

John, Bastion College
    Emi glances over at John as they walk. You’re right about that. I’ll text Nova, their Team Leader, and see if she’ll float the idea to Coldfront. Do you know where or when this party will be? I kind of doubt that Coldfront will let all six of them come— they may have to draw straws for who has to miss for patrols, but she might let half of them out of the night.
    We’re still looking at locations that can accommodate mixing a bunch of people who are trying to keep secret identities with ones who aren’t or can’t. I, at least, now have cover showing up on your arm. Manny came up with this idea last night so things are still coming together. We, well, I, wanted to make sure you were okay with being the contact person to North Side.

He smiled at her again. Seraph suggested Keith approach your father about getting an interview with Coldfront. Is she really as bad as she sounds?

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

October 27th
    John, West Side Roof
    The angel closes his eyes and lets out another deep breath before he shakes his head and smiles at John. “This is the second rooftop chat we’ve had, and also the second time that you’ve offered me words of wisdom. Thank you, John,” he finishes simply.

Seraph stands, picking up his sword. “Well, I think it’s time for me to try to get a little sleep. It’s been a long night.”

Manny, West Side Gym
    Ryker’s expression tightens a little as he glances over at Sidney. “You don’t need to worry about that,” he says quietly before he looks at Manny’s choices of venue.

“The one over in East Side is definitely the nicest. I remember Drake was impressed when he went over there for some kinda party for his dad.”

John, Bastion Gate
    I see, Emi says. Like I said, I don’t mind texting Nova. We get along pretty well.

The psychic nods in response to John’s question. Some of the other Leads call her the Ice Queen for a reason, and it’s not just because of her powers. She is a great leader, if a little too hands on, for her team, but she also hand picks all of them. And it is very true that she isn’t fond of men. I don’t think that she’ll grant Keith an interview… just because. That would be hard for Seraph or Harbinger, even if they had a good reason.

The two of them come to the gate and Emi looks over at John as she regretfully slips her hand from his. I guess this is where we part, for now.

October 30th
    West Side Roof
    “Both Drake and Louis are on strike teams,” Seraph says. “You’re up, John. You’ve got this.”

Aeryn floats up and zooms off into the clouds above. He pauses when he’s high enough, waiting for the rest of the team.

Stella gives a Raphael a quick smile as she climbs up between Jaal’s shoulders, followed by Drake. The sorceress whispers two more spells, making her dragon go see through— visible only to those who she wanted him to be.

Ryker gives Sidney a kiss on the forehead before he follows Drake onto the dragon’s back. Jaal waits for Louis before opening his wings and taking off into the sky after Aeryn.

Yuki shifts to her cockatrice form and offers John her wing to help him into her back before following her teammates.

The flight is short, and the cloud cover is thick, blocking off line of sight of the heroes from the ground. The two warehouse, surrounded by a tall chain link fence, stand a little ways away from others in the area.

There’s two Crowns lounging against a pile of junk just inside the fence— totally not guarding the gate.

“Are we still wanting to go in through the roof?” Aeryn asks over comms. “I can blast a hole through both, easy.”

11. - Top - End - #641

OldWizardGuy

John, Bastion Gate
    I see, Emi says. Like I said, I don’t mind texting Nova. We get along pretty well.

The psychic nods in response to John’s question. Some of the other Leads call her the Ice Queen for a reason, and it’s not just because of her powers. She is a great leader, if a little too hands on, for her team, but she also hand picks all of them. And it is very true that she isn’t fond of men. I don’t think that she’ll grant Keith an interview… just because. That would be hard for Seraph or Harbinger, even if they had a good reason.

The two of them come to the gate and Emi looks over at John as she regretfully slips her hand from his. I guess this is where we part, for now.
    For now, John replied, giving her hand an affectionate squeeze before she let it go, but for less time than we had expected earlier today — which helps a little. And you know how to reach me. I’ll be by at 7:30, then.

John tried not to watch her walk all the way away as he made for the library. It wasn’t until he pulled out his phone, however, that he was able to break his gaze away from her.

Spoiler: Text to Raphael
    Show
    Could you spare some time for me in about an hour? There are a few things that I need to go over with you in private — a statement that sounds more ominous than it is. But I do need some of your insight into a couple of things.

Would you prefer to meet on the roof or in the basement?

October 30th
    West Side Roof
    “Both Drake and Louis are on strike teams,” Seraph says. “You’re up, John. You’ve got this.”

Aeryn floats up and zooms off into the clouds above. He pauses when he’s high enough, waiting for the rest of the team.

Stella gives a Raphael a quick smile as she climbs up between Jaal’s shoulders, followed by Drake. The sorceress whispers two more spells, making her dragon go see through— visible only to those who she wanted him to be.

Ryker gives Sidney a kiss on the forehead before he follows Drake onto the dragon’s back. Jaal waits for Louis before opening his wings and taking off into the sky after Aeryn.

Yuki shifts to her cockatrice form and offers John her wing to help him into her back before following her teammates.

The flight is short, and the cloud cover is thick, blocking off line of sight of the heroes from the ground. The two warehouse, surrounded by a tall chain link fence, stand a little ways away from others in the area.

There’s two Crowns lounging against a pile of junk just inside the fence— totally not guarding the gate.

“Are we still wanting to go in through the roof?” Aeryn asks over comms. “I can blast a hole through both, easy.”
    Dee conjured another seeing lens, hoping for some last-minute intelligence before determining their final action based on who was in which building.

Spoiler: Spell casting!
    Show
    Heightened Senses: Eagle Eye (1), Infravision (1), Low Light Vision (1), Spatial Sense (+2) — X-Ray Vision, unable to see through water.

Spell casting — Lens of Seeing Spell: 1d12o12+2 12 1d6o6+2 3

Notice Roll to see who is in the buildings: 1d10o10 7 1d6o6 4
    One Bennie Spent to Reroll — +4 to Notice and -4 power penalty cancels each other out.

12. - Top - End - #642

GreataxeFighterGuy

Manny, West Side Gym
    Ryker’s expression tightens a little as he glances over at Sidney. “You don’t need to worry about that,” he says quietly before he looks at Manny’s choices of venue.

“The one over in East Side is definitely the nicest. I remember Drake was impressed when he went over there for some kinda party for his dad.”
    Manny looks at the place over with more discernment.

"Hmm... 'Arcadia Glen' This could Definitely work. Mimi, Please secure the venue." Manny says, sending the listing to John.

"Now then, Aeryn... Should I be helping him?" Manny asks to Ryker.

"This seems to be training and I don't want to assist too much, but he looks a little... stuck."

13. - Top - End - #643

AssassinGuy

October 30th
    West Side Roof

Keith raises his hood and floats up off the roof and into the sky after Aeryn with Stolas behind them. The raven is ready to cast an illusion to hide anyone else on support as needed.
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2022-11-25 at 11:25 AM.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

October 27th
    Manny, West Side Gym
    “Venue acquired,” Mimi says.

Ryker looks over at Aeryn, who’s struggling to find a way out of Sidney’s hold without just overpowering her. “He’s not so good with his hand to hand skills, so we’re workin’ on those. He’s supposed to be tryin’ to figure out how to get out of these holds without relying on brute force since he can lose his powers at night if he doesn’t charge up during the day.”

The former villain gets a little closer to Manny and lowers his voice. “Aeryn has trouble with fightin’ girls that aren’t on the team, too. So I thought maybe workin’ with Sidney would help him out with that.”

The alien attempts to maneuver, but Sidney is able to counter by wrapping her legs around Aeryn’s shoulder and neck in a triangle choke. Aeryn immediately taps out with his free hand on the mat. Sidney releases him and he rolls away from her and rubs his neck.

“How do you know how to do all that?” he asks her as he stands.

Sidney smiles as Aeryn offers his hand to help her to her feet as well. “Lots of practice. I have a blue belt in Krav Maga— a martial art,” she explains at his look of confusion. “My papa thought if I was going to learn discipline and self defense, I should learn something that’s supposed to have practical applications. I’ve also practiced a lot with Ryker.”

October 30th
    Over the Warehouses
    Through his lens, John sees several people milling about inside each warehouse, which is full of crates, shelving, and pallets. A rusty forklift sits in the middle of the warehouse floor in the warehouse on the right.

There’s a trailer backed up to the second warehouse that holds several newer looking crates with guns inside.

There’s no sign of Mirko or Kris.

15. - Top - End - #645

GreataxeFighterGuy

October 27th
    Manny, West Side Gym
    “Venue acquired,” Mimi says.

Ryker looks over at Aeryn, who’s struggling to find a way out of Sidney’s hold without just overpowering her. “He’s not so good with his hand to hand skills, so we’re workin’ on those. He’s supposed to be tryin’ to figure out how to get out of these holds without relying on brute force since he can lose his powers at night if he doesn’t charge up during the day.”

The former villain gets a little closer to Manny and lowers his voice. “Aeryn has trouble with fightin’ girls that aren’t on the team, too. So I thought maybe workin’ with Sidney would help him out with that.”

The alien attempts to maneuver, but Sidney is able to counter by wrapping her legs around Aeryn’s shoulder and neck in a triangle choke. Aeryn immediately taps out with his free hand on the mat. Sidney releases him and he rolls away from her and rubs his neck.

“How do you know how to do all that?” he asks her as he stands.

Sidney smiles as Aeryn offers his hand to help her to her feet as well. “Lots of practice. I have a blue belt in Krav Maga— a martial art,” she explains at his look of confusion. “My papa thought if I was going to learn discipline and self defense, I should learn something that’s supposed to have practical applications. I’ve also practiced a lot with Ryker.”
    Manny reflexively winces at the mention of Krav Maga. "Nasty bit of business, Krav Maga. Had an old teammate who loved to spar with me use it plenty. At any rate, The place has been booked so don't rough him up too badly, yeah?" Manny says with a wink to Sidney.

"And now that you aren't being actively assaulted, could i please get that info?" Manny asks.

16. - Top - End - #646

OldWizardGuy

Over the Warehouses
    Through his lens, John sees several people milling about inside each warehouse, which is full of crates, shelving, and pallets. A rusty forklift sits in the middle of the warehouse floor in the warehouse on the right.

There’s a trailer backed up to the second warehouse that holds several newer looking crates with guns inside.

There’s no sign of Mirko or Kris.
    “The Draganovs are not in,” John broadcasts over comms. “Brace yourself for the possibility that Kris handles rapid transport. Manny, if that truck begins to move, overload its electrical systems.

“The truck has a supply of guns. That strike team should try and cut off access to it soon as possible. We appear to be too far up for me to sense any other targets.

“There’s a rusty forklift in the same building the truck is backed up to in the center of the warehouse. Watch out for it being used as a defensive point or as something someone would drop on your head.”

He really needed to get that image out of his head.

He also needed to start putting agendas together for his dates. He had forgotten to get the advice he wanted from Emi about linking up minds.

“Here’s your view of the place,” John said, casting a spell.

Spoiler: Note to Self: Review one’s notes to self!
    Show
    Spellcasting: 1d12o12+2 21 1d6o6+2 12

Telepathy (2), Switchboard (+2)
    John can connect a dozen minds.
    John has cast all of the spells he can and has to drop a spell if he wants to cast another.

John projected the image to the team.

I will keep us mentally linked for as long as I can. If I need to drop this spell, we will go back to comms.

Unless someone has some last minute recommendations…deploy.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

October 27th
    Manny, West Side Gym
    “No promises,” Sidney replies with a slight smirk back to Manny.

Aeryn waffles for a moment, rubbing the back of his head, before he looks at Manny apologetically. “Kenzie always told me not to give out her number, so I can’t. Sorry.”

“It’s true,” Ryker says with a shrug. “She doesn’t want her number given to anyone that she hasn’t given it to personally. She’s kinda funny about stuff like that.”

October 30th
    Above the Warehouses
    At John’s mark, Polaris dives down over the warehouse with the trailer attached and throw down a two handed fireball that instantly melts through the thin metal roof in a large circle big enough even for Jaal to get through if he needed to. He quickly does an about face and jets over to the other warehouse to do the same to it.

Jaal dives down and levels out a few dozen feet over the warehouse. Ryker and Mercury wait for Miss Menagerie to cast her second spell to slow down their falls. The two of them hesitate for a moment, each hanging onto one of the dragon’s spines as they look down at their target. They glance at each other, before Mercury lets go and falls toward the hole in the roof of the second warehouse. Ryker curses under his breath before following his Team Leader.

The two of them make it through the hole in the roof, and Polaris dives in after them. There’s loud yells from inside as the three of them get to work.

Jaal continues on to the other warehouse to let Redline hop off as Miss Menagerie whispers her featherfall spell over him as well. He feels that same lightness as he did at the Summit safehouse, when they’d gone out the window.

Combat Begins!
    Kings, Queens… Crowe and Redline have Initiative!

18. - Top - End - #648
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Internal Affairs:

Chattin' with Seraph
    "Sure thing." The vampire examines his boots closely for a few seconds. "I don't think it'd be very... heroic to keep something that directly crossed over to, you know, the kinda... ongoing thing, to myself."

He breathes out heavily and says "If you wanna pitch it as an AEGIS op and we bring everyone in, that could work, if you're worried about it, I mean. Otherwise it might be best to limit it like I said before, that'd be Me, John, Louis, and Stella... I think."

The vampire shrugs again. "As for when? I dunno, maybe we punt on that til after today? It doesn't do us much good to plan back-to-back ops and half the people we need are bedridden or something."

Team Chat

Spoiler: Text Back to John:
    Show

The Roof would be better, as long as it's empty. Just lemme know when.

External Affairs:

Who's Team Lead?

Raphael reaches out to John on a private channel as the group starts to mount up. He growls at the mage, "You don't get to pull an Elvira stunt, or something like that--" Raphael's eyes shoot to the brand on the back of John's hand "--While you're in charge. I expect you to leave the stupid stuff to the stupid among us."

Having said his bit, he takes to the skies as a pair of crows.

Spoiler: Label Shift!
    Show

Raphael thinks John is too self-sacrificing for his own good, to convinced he knows best. Raphael thinks if that's true, John should act like it.

Raphael attempts to shift John's Savior DOWN and his Superior UP
    Savior Down, Superior Up

Necessary Evil:

"Do we... want the guns?" Nightgaunt says back over the radio. "I could do something pretty permanent about it pretty quick."

Nightgaunt straightens as Aeryn punches holes in the ceilings of the target buildings. He taps into the bottomless well of bloodthirsty power in the core of what passes for his soul. His grip on the leash slips. He feels the beast, the Predator, rise towards the surface, a bow-wave of rage before it. Oily smoke and unreality lit by red lightning coruscates around his hands as his eye teeth stretch out, seeking a mercifully absent vulnerable neck.

He clamps down on the beast, trying to force it back into the cage, a pang of guilt arcs through him when he realizes just how badly he wants to cut loose.

Generate Burn: 8
    - Gain 3 Burn, Mark 1 Condition. I choose Guilty!
    Last edited by big teej; 2022-11-27 at 07:24 PM.

19. - Top - End - #649

AssassinGuy

October 30th
    Above the Warehouses
    At John’s mark, Polaris dives down over the warehouse with the trailer attached and throw down a two handed fireball that instantly melts through the thin metal roof in a large circle big enough even for Jaal to get through if he needed to. He quickly does an about face and jets over to the other warehouse to do the same to it.

Jaal dives down and levels out a few dozen feet over the warehouse. Ryker and Mercury wait for Miss Menagerie to cast her second spell to slow down their falls. The two of them hesitate for a moment, each hanging onto one of the dragon’s spines as they look down at their target. They glance at each other, before Mercury lets go and falls toward the hole in the roof of the second warehouse. Ryker curses under his breath before following his Team Leader.

The two of them make it through the hole in the roof, and Polaris dives in after them. There’s loud yells from inside as the three of them get to work.

Jaal continues on to the other warehouse to let Redline hop off as Miss Menagerie whispers her featherfall spell over him as well. He feels that same lightness as he did at the Summit safehouse, when they’d gone out the window.

Combat Begins!
    Kings, Queens… Crowe and Redline have Initiative!
    October 30th
    Above the Warehouses

Crowe floats above the warehouses with Stolas and the rest of the support team as they begin the assault. Both he and Stolas opt into the mental link that Dee sets up since someone had lost a bit of their power coming through the veil.

"What would you have me do now as a plan, Dee?" Crowe projects to Dee. He eyes the opening in the roof.

OOC: Crowe is going on Hold.

20. - Top - End - #650

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    Spoiler: Text Back to John:
    Show

The Roof would be better, as long as it's empty. Just lemme know when.
    Wednesday, October 27 — The Warehouse Base Roof, 2:40
    John had arrived early enough for his 2:45 meeting with Raphael to make a cup of North African lime tea for himself and now stood looking out over the river. It would be the first time they had been able to speak privately for any length of time since Raphael’s return from wherever he had gone between his disappearance at Amity Court. That moment was the beginning of the liminal period where his life before Emi overlapped with his life after meeting her — a period that stretched from his disappearance through the broken mission that resulted in Calvin’s death and concluded with his passing Mr. Shaw’s test at their meeting.

His funeral — and the funeral for Apex’s husband — were the two primary activities over the next two days. Today still had two missions — the first with Emi and the second for her.

Before those, however, was his interview with a vampire.

“Still under a fortnight, Kelley,” he reminded himself as he sipped his tea and listened for Mimi’s alert that Raphael had begun walking up the steps.

There was no question the two of them had much to cover — although it was not clear his mercurial friend would be ready for some of those conversations. It was possible that Raphael would not see a need to address his telling Stella that he was a vampire. That question would be entirely dictated by her reaction to him upon his return — a meeting he had not been privy to and, as a gentleman, would not ask about.

How to handle Stella’s sister — and her mother, for that matter, would be a different question.

Spoiler: OOC Update — John’s Masks Advance
    Show
    John’s Masks Advance: John rearranges his labels (+1 to Danger and -1 to Savior) and adds +1 to Superior.
    Last edited by mmdeforrest; 2022-11-27 at 12:28 AM.

21. - Top - End - #651

GreataxeFighterGuy

October 27th
    Manny, West Side Gym
    “No promises,” Sidney replies with a slight smirk back to Manny.

Aeryn waffles for a moment, rubbing the back of his head, before he looks at Manny apologetically. “Kenzie always told me not to give out her number, so I can’t. Sorry.”

“It’s true,” Ryker says with a shrug. “She doesn’t want her number given to anyone that she hasn’t given it to personally. She’s kinda funny about stuff like that.”
    Manny drops his head for a second. "Kinda funny, huh? Ah well, I guess I'll have to invite her personally like an old-fashioned gentleman." He drones sarcastically.

"Not my usual style but we'll play it straight this time. It's good to know you two are stand-up blokes for respecting her request. I'll head over to South Side and speak to her directly. Thanks for the help, team. and If you're ever looking to get some help Training, just let me know. I need only a few more Hours to complete my AEGIS CI cert."
    Last edited by HIDA; 2022-11-27 at 10:20 AM.

22. - Top - End - #652

NinjaGuy

October 26th, Izzy's Apartment

“I’m not complaining either,” Izzy says with a flirty smile. “Who all is on your team anyway? Have you been ‘on the same wavelength’ with everyone?”
    "So there's Nightgaunt, Go-", Louis starts, beginning his rollcall on instinct only to come to a sudden top before the next name escapes his lips. "Actually, it's... kinda complicated." He looks away from Izzy for a moment and takes a breath, masking his attempt to keep his emotions in check by appearing to gather his thoughts.

"Our normal line up consists of Nightgaunt, Goldheart, Sharpshooter, and yours truly. However the team's recently gained a consultant in the form of Dee in addition to two new members, Crowe and Izulu. Their assignments are permanent apparently. On top of that we've teamed up with part of South Side, which means you might catch glimpses of us working with Mercury, Zodiac, Polaris, and Vitriol."

"I tend to butt heads with Nightgaunt and Goldheart every now and then but there's never any hard feelings between us, usually. You probably you go through something similar with your band yeah?"

October 30th, Above the Warehouses

The two of them make it through the hole in the roof, and Polaris dives in after them. ThereÂ’s loud yells from inside as the three of them get to work.

Redlines slides his goggles down over his eyes as he feels the foreign sensation wash over his body. He nods to Menagerie before leaping off of the dragon onto the warehouse ground below. The hero is enveloped by a flash of white light as soon as he touches down. When the light dissipates, Redline can be seen standing back to back with his double as he takes a quick glance around the building to assess what he's dealing with.

"Let's make this quick." He says to himself.

"I'll be on comms if anyone needs me." The double informs the team.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Redline leaps down into the warehouse slowed by Menagerie's featherfall spell!
    Redline creates a Duplicate!

Notice: 4 + 2 = 6!
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2022-11-27 at 03:47 PM.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Then:

Wednesday, October 27th -- The Warehouse Base Roof, 2:47

Raphael walks out onto the roof, glancing around to make sure it was just him and John. He sidles up next the mage and hops up onto the parapet, settling down on his haunches so they can still see eye to eye.

"What's on your mind, John?" The vampire asks, looking out over their city.

24. - Top - End - #654

OldWizardGuy

Then:

Wednesday, October 27th -- The Warehouse Base Roof, 2:47

Raphael walks out onto the roof, glancing around to make sure it was just him and John. He sidles up next the mage and hops up onto the parapet, settling down on his haunches so they can still see eye to eye.

"What's on your mind, John?" The vampire asks, looking out over their city.
    “Emi, mostly,” John deadpanned as he glanced to the side and offered Raphael a wry smile. “But I didn’t ask for a chance to talk to wax rhapsodic about her eyes.”

Or legs. Or….

Focus, John. You can reconsider your life choices again later.

“Last night was full of complications. You and I have to spend some time re-calibrating our definitions of safe date locations — although that may just be an issue of my misunderstanding vampiric culture. As you might imagine, I have a long list of questions about that — especially whether I was considered part of your territory or under your protection while we were at 5th Chapter.”

John took a deep breath and turned to face his friend. “All that will have to wait, however. You and I have something we are going to need to help Stella with. Something serious.

“How much do you know about Cassie?”

25. - Top - End - #655
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Then:

Raphael smiles and mimes a toast. "Good answer." He says.

Raphael opens his mouth to address John's litany of concerns but clamps back up when he brings up Cassie and Stella.

The vampire stares at the street below for long, empty seconds before nodding to himself and saying, "She tastes good, and she belongs to Feris."

He turns to face John and shrugs. "S'all I got. Why?"

Despite himself, Raphael can feel the irreverent mask he wears around his friends starting to slip into place. It's facade matched by the grip on his unbeating heart that Stella might already be in danger, again.

26. - Top - End - #656

OldWizardGuy

Then:

Raphael smiles and mimes a toast. "Good answer." He says.

Raphael opens his mouth to address John's litany of concerns but clamps back up when he brings up Cassie and Stella.

The vampire stares at the street below for long, empty seconds before nodding to himself and saying, "She tastes good, and she belongs to Feris."

He turns to face John and shrugs. "S'all I got. Why?"

Despite himself, Raphael can feel the irreverent mask he wears around his friends starting to slip into place. It's facade matched by the grip on his unbeating heart that Stella might already be in danger, again.
    Tastes good?” John asks in real surprise before he half smiles and replies. “Given your recent change in complexion, I’m surprised you haven’t already figured this out already.”

John didn’t like using Montcrieff’s trick on Raphael — act like you know then wait for the subject’s response to confirm your suspicion via a tightening around the eyes or flare of the nostrils. But for both their safety, he needed to confirm that before he made his offer of assistance as needed.

“Cassie Woods is actually Callista Boudreaux. She’s Stella’s older sister.”

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

October 26th
    Louis, Izzy’s Apartment
    “You’re right about that,” Izzy says. “Me and Raine, the drummer, argue over stuff all the time, but we’re never serious about it. Most of the time it’s a timing thing with the band or our name, but I also tease her a lot about the crush she has on our saxophonist that she’d never admit to.”

Ray moves from Louis’ lap over to Izzy’s and she takes up the task of petting the cat. “We have another show on Sunday night at the Machine Shop, if you wanna come. If you stick around, you can meet the rest of the band.”

October 27th
    Manny, West Side Gym
    “I’d be up for a spar sometime,” Ryker says, intrigued. “Not that I need help, but I always like fightin’ somebody new.” He looks over at Sidney. “What’s today?”

Sidney steals Ryker’s water bottle from him and takes a drink. “Wednesday, I think.”

Ryker turns his gaze to Aeryn. “What time does she get back on Wednesdays?”

The alien’s gaze darts down to the mats as he thinks. “Four? Pretty sure. I think Harbinger’s back at our base today, so he shouldn’t have a problem with you being over there.”

October 30th
    Raphael, Living Room
    “We can keep it off the books if you think you four can handle it,” Seraph replies. “I don’t have a problem with that.”

“Louis knows?” He asks with a little surprise in his voice.

Team, Warehouses
    As Redline drops into the warehouse, he lands next to the dead forklift. A few shots ping off of it, but nothing connects with him. He and double spot at least three gang members with pistols trying to stay behind a few crates halfway between the forklift and the wall.

Off to the left, hiding behind crates and shelving there’s two more guys with rifles. One of them appears to be in charge as he shouts orders at the rest of them.

From out of the trailer several more Crowns stream out, all armed with rifles. More bullets ping off the forklift as one of them fires at Redline, but he’s able to duck out of the way.

Initiative:
    9 of Spades… The Crowns goons go! … and they all miss Redline
    9 of Hearts, 7s… Dee and Nightgaunt have Initiative!
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2022-11-28 at 04:58 PM.

28. - Top - End - #658

OldWizardGuy

October 26th
    Team, Warehouses
    As Redline drops into the warehouse, he lands next to the dead forklift. A few shots ping off of it, but nothing connects with him. He and double spot at least three gang members with pistols trying to stay behind a few crates halfway between the forklift and the wall.

Off to the left, hiding behind crates and shelving there’s two more guys with rifles. One of them appears to be in charge as he shouts orders at the rest of them.

From out of the trailer several more Crowns stream out, all armed with rifles. More bullets ping off the forklift as one of them fires at Redline, but he’s able to duck out of the way.

Initiative:
    9 of Spades… The Crowns goons go! … and they all miss Redline
    9 of Hearts, 7s… Dee and Nightgaunt have Initiative!
    “We want enough of the guns left that Iron Station’s finest have evidence to work with. Please make sure that some of them have not been reduced to slag, if you would, Nightgaunt.”

That Nightgaunt had not linked up was frustrating. Redline not getting linked up was baffling. There had been nothing in his records that indicated he was resistant to this kind of thing and it robbed up to three members of that strike team of the magical equivalent of a heads up display for the fight.

As for you, Crowe, keep your eyes open for anything approaching so we know where we need the team to deploy. I can’t imagine these gang heavies will pose too much of a problem for the two teams, John replied as he watched the action begin to unfold.

Watch your rear, Vitriol. You have one about to come around the stack of crates behind you.

Keep that storm brewing, Izulu. How much longer until you will be ready to release it.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    OOC: Dee goes on Hold.
    Last edited by mmdeforrest; 2022-11-28 at 02:57 PM.

29. - Top - End - #659

GreataxeFighterGuy

Manny, West Side Gym
    “I’d be up for a spar sometime,” Ryker says, intrigued. “Not that I need help, but I always like fightin’ somebody new.” He looks over at Sidney. “What’s today?”

Sidney steals Ryker’s water bottle from him and takes a drink. “Wednesday, I think.”

Ryker turns his gaze to Aeryn. “What time does she get back on Wednesdays?”

The alien’s gaze darts down to the mats as he thinks. “Four? Pretty sure. I think Harbinger’s back at our base today, so he shouldn’t have a problem with you being over there.”
    "4's a bit off. I'm up for a bit of roughhousing now, provided an angel can come scrape us off the walls and fix us up." Manny says rolling his neck as a devilish grins slides across his face.

"Please keep the face shots to a minimum, mate. My looks is all I've got."

30. - Top - End - #660
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Then:

Rooftop

Raphael's expression sours "I haven't fed on a person since I was like 9."

He blinks a few times. "Herwhatnow?" He says flatly.

The vampire looks at the street below for several moments, frowning. "hm."

He braces himself on one hand and re-situates himself so his feet dangle off the side of the building. "Huh." He says, his expression clearing.

"Are you... of course you're sure. I... don't really know what to do with that, John."

The Vampire's eyes grow distant and guilt tugs at him. "Does she know?"

Seraph

"Of course we can handle it. Heck, I could handle it." Raphael says with a cheeky grin.

"As for Louis, yeah, I told him. I... don't think he believed me."

Now:

Nightgaunt raises one talon and swipes at the air in front of him. A ragged, bleeding gash opens up in reality, the interior of the warehouse can be seen within, distorted by heat-haze.

"He looks important." Nightgaunt muses to himself and steps through the hole in reality, emerging near the thug barking orders.

"Say goodnight Gracie" The Vampire says as he takes hold of the thug's essence. It's thin, spindly, and under-developed, something he's not sure he would have noticed five days ago.

He twists the thread around his talons and pulls.

Spoiler: I forgot this can kill people
    Show

Spends 1 Burn to Move

Shooting: 9,-1 8 hit with a raise

Damage: 11