New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1484
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Iron Station Savage Masks IC III

October 31st
    Mad Science
    Even with Redline’s illusion and the piece of wood that he kicks, the trapdoor doesn’t move.

Dee sees the shadow shift slightly from the noise, but it soon settles when the trapdoor stays shut.

Menagerie stands just a little ways behind Nightgaunt, while Shrike starts to circle behind the trapdoor.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    October 31st
    Mad Science
    Even with Redline’s illusion and the piece of wood that he kicks, the trapdoor doesn’t move.

Dee sees the shadow shift slightly from the noise, but it soon settles when the trapdoor stays shut.

Menagerie stands just a little ways behind Nightgaunt, while Shrike starts to circle behind the trapdoor.
    “It’s waiting for the door to open,” Dee subvocalizes. “I’ll open the door. Get ready.”

Spoiler: Use the Force, John.
    Show
    Telekinesis (4) = STR d12
    Spellcasting (Telekinesis 4): 1d12o12+2 12 1d6o6+2 6

Dee prepares himself for battle as, at his command, the trap door flips open.

3. - Top - End - #1113

AssassinGuy

October 31st
    Mayhem at the Parade
    Polaris looks torn between finishing absorbing the white hot fire that’s still going and what Crowe’s asked him to do. “Yeah, I can chase him,” he says with a bit of frustration. “This fire isn’t going to go out just from the rain though.”

The alien floats back up in the air before accelerating and rocketing off in the direction Harrier had fled in.

“Just keep coming up the street,” Ryker answers. There’s a pause, and his voice is strained afterward. “We’re inside a restaurant, but there’s a ton of webs outside.”
    Crowe sighs and nods. "Sorry, Polaris. I'm gonna try to send the heat and light of the flames into the Void." He looks over at Izulu. "You good to help out Vitriol? I'll be right behind you.

He drops down and positions himself about where Polaris was. He started with his hands at his side, moving them into a swirl as a shadowy door started to open in front of him. "Stay together..... Stay together....." He muttered as he started to motion the light and heat into the portal.

Spoiler: Unleash your Powers!
    Show

Unleash Powers: 2d6-2 9
    Crowe marks Guilty to keep the power stable!
    Power Stunt using Energy Control to stunt Absorption: Fire.

Vigor, Absorption: 1d8o8-2 11 1d6o6-2 1
    Crowe starts absorbing the flames into the void.

He starts wincing feeling the heat, and the rage behind the fire. "Polaris, I'm getting them under control. How're things on your end?" He left the link open after the last time since he would need all his focus, still holding his right hand forward holding the portal and making a pulling motion with his left.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

October 31st
    Mayhem at the Parade
    “I’ll let you know when I get him,” Polaris says. “He’s fast, but he’s hurt. I should catch him soon.”

The fire is hot as Crowe ushers it into the Void, hotter than anything than anything he’s been close to. However, he manages to suck up the fire from the remains of the truck’s engine.

Mad Science
    From out of the trapdoor, shadows explode outward before coalescing into a twelve foot tall, hulking shadow demon. It’s four glowing eyes focus on Dee as it lets out a rumbling growl as it’s front claws grind into down the concrete.

Combat Begins!
    Dee begins on Hold!

Spoiler: Meanwhile, In Grayson’s Room
    Show
    In his desk chair, Grayson’s arm slowly slides out from where it had been supporting his head. He jerks awake, looking blearily at his computer screen. It showed the track he’d been working on earlier.

Wait.

Wait.

He breathes hard, fighting to get control over his emotions and his body as he realizes… it was all a dream. Just a fantasy cooked up by his stupid, lovesick brain that would never happen.

But he never dreamed, not since the dragon had awakened, so why now? Why that? Most of it wasn’t something that he’d experienced before. How could he know what it felt like to kiss Emi, to touch her, and more? It felt so real. He could still feel her hands as they explored his body. Her lips on his. The taste of her skin—

I wanted to show you what we could have, the dragon says, breaking his train of thought. He looks smug as he lays his head down on his crossed feet. While I didn’t mean for it to go so far, you seem to have enjoyed yourself.

Grayson holds his head in his hands and slowly lowers his forehead to his desk, fighting the sting in his eyes. His face and neck burn. How was he even supposed to talk to her anymore? Why show me something I can never have? How can I move on, when now I know what I’d be missing?

As much as he wished for things to be different, he didn’t want to mess up things between Emi and John. It wouldn’t be fair to either of them. It would hurt Emi and John seemed like a nice enough guy. John had reached out to him, even though he knew that he was infatuated with his girlfriend.

You know that she is still receptive of us, the dragon reminds him as he digs a claw into his brain. She cannot hide the way her scent changes when she’s around you, boy. I believe that if you followed what I laid out for you, it may still play out in that manner. You do not need to move on—

Stop, Grayson growls to the dragon. Just stop. Emi’s with John. Unless their relationship somehow implodes, she’s not going to be interested in us. I don’t know what Emi is to you, if she’s some kinda trophy, or what, but I’m not going to play with her emotions like that. It’s over.

The dragon snarls at Grayson’s tone and bears down on his host’s already tenuous control, ripping and tearing at it to take over.

Grayson grits his teeth and breathes through the pain for several minutes until he hears a pitiful mewl and several tiny claws scratching at his door. He struggles to his feet and opens the door to let in the doctor’s pet demon, before quickly closing it before he can glance across the hallway to Emi’s room.

Shashka claws her way up his pant leg and into his arms. He gently holds her, letting her purrs and chirps keep his mind off the rampaging dragon inside his mind, and slowly relaxes.

A thought occurs to him as he sits back down in his desk chair, letting the demon curl up on his lap. “While I’m grateful you’re here, where’s the doc, Shashka?”

5. - Top - End - #1115

OldWizardGuy

October 31st
    Mad Science
    From out of the trapdoor, shadows explode outward before coalescing into a twelve foot tall, hulking shadow demon. It’s four glowing eyes focus on Dee as it lets out a rumbling growl as it’s front claws grind into down the concrete.

Combat Begins!
    Dee begins on Hold!
    Dee floats upward, trying to place more room between him and the demon as he scribed out the spell for the Rays of Ra, blasting at the demon as surged upward.

Spoiler: Dee Goes for the Dr. Fate Look
    Show
    Spellcasting: The Rays of Ra: 1d12o12+2 12 1d6o6+2 4
    Ranged Attack (Light), 4d6: 8 + 1 (AP 1) +1 (Heavy Weapon) -1 (Lethal)
    Damage on the Hybrid: 5d6o6 21

6. - Top - End - #1116

AssassinGuy

October 31st
    Mayhem at the Parade
    “I’ll let you know when I get him,” Polaris says. “He’s fast, but he’s hurt. I should catch him soon.”

The fire is hot as Crowe ushers it into the Void, hotter than anything than anything he’s been close to. However, he manages to suck up the fire from the remains of the truck’s engine.
    Crowe grits his teeth as he feels the heat from the flames. He probably should have just taken off after Harrier instead of Polaris, especially since he had that natural heat resistance. He nodded and spoke back to Polaris through clenched teeth.

"I owe you big after this," Crowe said trying to hold the pain back. "This is..... gah!" He could barely hold it back at this point. "Just a little more....." He about whimpered as he saw the last bit of the flames move into the door. Crowe faltered after the portal closed and landed on his knees on the ground below, gasping for breath. He thought the rain was evaporating before it even had a chance to hit him. Would be thankful for it now.

"Fires...... out........ Promise no more stupid stunts or requests like that........." Crowe was stuttering his speech to catch his breath. He had never opened a portal to the void, let alone shifted anything across a dimensional rift like that. It took a lot out of him.

He looks around at first to see if anything else needs taking care of before following Izulu to help out Vitriol with Red Widow.

Spoiler: What else needs doing?
    Show

Notice: 1d6o6 4 1d6o6 3
    OOC: wasn't sure if this would count as specific detail or clue since he's seeing if there's anything else right away before going so just took off the +2 from the current penalties.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

October 31st
    Mayhem at the Parade
    As Crowe and Izulu fly off down the street, police and fire slowly begin to flood the area that they they fought Harrier in. Nothing stands out to Crowe that they can’t handle.

About a mile down the road the two of them spot an older, American style restaurant called Red Rock Cafe that has the double doors to the entrance almost completely covered in silvery threads that look like thick spider webs. Ryker’s voice can be heard from inside.

Mad Science
    The light burns into the hybrid and one of it’s four eyes blink out before a piece of shadow sloughs off of it, forming into a second, smaller version of the demon with only one glowing eye.

The original hybrid looks upward at Dee as it makes a quick calculation. The muscles in its legs surge as it leaps up and grabs the magician by the ankle before gravity brings its bulk back down to the warehouse floor, throwing up a cloud of dust. It throws Dee down to the concrete before attempting to disembowel him with its claws.

Initiative!
    Dee’s attack causes the hybrid to create a copy!
    Kings… the 1st hybrid goes! It hits Dee and does… a lot of damage! Please take a Powerful Blow!
    10 of Hearts… Nightgaunt has Initiative!
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2023-01-24 at 03:30 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1118

OldWizardGuy

Mad Science
    The light burns into the hybrid and one of it’s four eyes blink out before a piece of shadow sloughs off of it, forming into a second, smaller version of the demon with only one glowing eye.

The original hybrid looks upward at Dee as it makes a quick calculation. The muscles in its legs surge as it leaps up and grabs the magician by the ankle before gravity brings its bulk back down to the warehouse floor, throwing up a cloud of dust. It throws Dee down to the concrete before attempting to disembowel him with its claws.

Initiative!
    Dee’s attack causes the hybrid to create a copy!
    Kings… the 1st hybrid goes! It hits Dee and does… a lot of damage! Please take a Powerful Blow!
    10 of Hearts… Nightgaunt has Initiative!
    Spoiler: “Puny Magician”
    Show

Dee grunts as his hastily raised defenses shatter as the larger hybrid slams him to the down and rakes at him, sending him skidding across the floor. His ears were still ringing from the blow as he unsteadily rolled into a standing defensive pose.

He shook his head as the six or so hybrids coalesced back into the two he was expecting to see and his HUD flickered back into normalcy and his comms re-acquired their connections.

Spoiler: What in the Sam Hill IS that thing?
    Show

Even before he had taken the hit, he could not place the creature. He had hoped that, once it came out of the stairwell, he would be able to identify it as something other than a mass of shadows.

The knock he received hadn’t helped jar his memory.

He shook his head again.

Jog. Not jar.

For his next trick, he would try something other than light.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Roguewolf View Post
    Crowe grits his teeth as he feels the heat from the flames. He probably should have just taken off after Harrier instead of Polaris, especially since he had that natural heat resistance. He nodded and spoke back to Polaris through clenched teeth.

"I owe you big after this," Crowe said trying to hold the pain back. "This is..... gah!" He could barely hold it back at this point. "Just a little more....." He about whimpered as he saw the last bit of the flames move into the door. Crowe faltered after the portal closed and landed on his knees on the ground below, gasping for breath. He thought the rain was evaporating before it even had a chance to hit him. Would be thankful for it now.

"Fires...... out........ Promise no more stupid stunts or requests like that........." Crowe was stuttering his speech to catch his breath. He had never opened a portal to the void, let alone shifted anything across a dimensional rift like that. It took a lot out of him.

He looks around at first to see if anything else needs taking care of before following Izulu to help out Vitriol with Red Widow.

Spoiler: What else needs doing?
    Show

Notice: 1d6o6 4 1d6o6 3
    OOC: wasn't sure if this would count as specific detail or clue since he's seeing if there's anything else right away before going so just took off the +2 from the current penalties.
    Izulu means to scowl at Crowe but winces at the fresh wound opening up on his chest.

"Let's go. We can discuss your tactical acumen and discretion back at base. Stay sharp, job's not finished yet." He says with a growl.

Damn I'm sounding a lot more like Bernie. I gotta get outta here.

Spoiler: OOC: Mechanics
    Show
    Unshake: 5-1=4
    Izulu takes 1 wound.

October 31st
    Mayhem at the Parade
    As Crowe and Izulu fly off down the street, police and fire slowly begin to flood the area that they they fought Harrier in. Nothing stands out to Crowe that they can’t handle.

About a mile down the road the two of them spot an older, American style restaurant called Red Rock Cafe that has the double doors to the entrance almost completely covered in silvery threads that look like thick spider webs. Ryker’s voice can be heard from inside.
    Izulu looks at the strands on the door.

"I'll look for an easier way in See if you can pry that door open in the meantime." He says to Crowe before searching the building for and easier point of ingress.

Spoiler: OOC Mechanics
    Show
    Notice: 9-1=8

10. - Top - End - #1120

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HIDA View Post
    Izulu means to scowl at Crowe but winces at the fresh wound opening up on his chest.

"Let's go. We can discuss your tactical acumen and discretion back at base. Stay sharp, job's not finished yet." He says with a growl.

Damn I'm sounding a lot more like Bernie. I gotta get outta here.
    Crowe looks up at Izulu, still trying to catch his breath from the toll of the portal, and knowing his comm link was still active for Polaris and Vitriol for them to hear his next phrase. "I mean't.... from me....." Crowe stood up and steadied himself still panting a bit.

"Apologies, but yeah. I'll take that responsibility. Let's roll." He flies off next to Izulu.

October 31st
    Mayhem at the Parade

Quote Originally Posted by HIDA View Post
    Izulu looks at the strands on the door.

"I'll look for an easier way in See if you can pry that door open in the meantime." He says to Crowe before searching the building for and easier point of ingress.

Show
    Notice: 9-1=8
    He looks around the strands of web at the door and nods at Izulu's orders. "If we can get a sneak attack off, we may be able to stun her long enough to get the mayor and his kid out."

As Izulu move around to find another entry point, Crowe starts to pull on the door and try to pry it open from the webs.

Spoiler: Me and my d4 Strength!
    Show

Strength: 1d4o4-2 0 1d6o6-2 -1
    OOC: BOOF.....

His attempts to pry the door open are of no avail so he swaps to another tactic, summoning a blade at his fingertips to slice the webs.

Spoiler: Slice and dice?
    Show

Fighting: 1d8o8-2 3 1d6o6-2 0
    Damage: 1d4o4+3d6o6-2 6
    OOC: FOR REAL?!

Crowe grit his teeth again. This was aggravating.
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2023-01-24 at 05:38 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Should've Rang the Bell:

"Hey!" Nightgaunt cries out as the big ugly thing attacks Dee.

How am I supposed to get him to stop standing in harms way if they're gonna go after him anyway?

Nightgaunt pounces from his crouch, keeping one eye on the spawned demon, but most of his attention on the Biggun who's got hold of John.

"you do it like this." He says, and rakes his claws across the guts of the hybrid.

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/Whatnot
    Show

if Menagerie or Dee would suffer a wound, Nightgaunt will roll to defend and/or play Noble Sacrifice.

Fighting to hit: 19

Benny Damage with a Raise: 16+3 = 19 Damage

I forgot to Charge Burn, because cards are dealt
    Freebie Charge: 11
    Burn! 3/3

Nightgaunt gains the Dark Visions Doomsign.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

October 31st
    Mayhem at the Parade
    As Izulu looks over the building he sees the windows have also been webbed up. The roof access is open, but as Izulu looks into it, he finds more webs filling up the stairwell.

As Crowe tries to cut the webs, they stretch, resisting his shadow blade.

OOC: The Toughness of the webs is 10.

Mad Science
    Nightgaunt’s attack slices into the belly of the hybrid, releasing more shadows. Another eye flickers out of the original as the shadows create yet another smaller copy of the demon.

Menagerie briefly summons her black Minotaur that raises his ax and slices deeply into one of the smaller demons before dispersing. Shrike tries follows up the Minotaur’s attack, but the shadow flickers out of existence just as her talons connect.

The shadow Menagerie wounded leaps at her, claws extended.

The other shadow goes down to all fours and takes a running jump at Dee.

Initiative!
    The hybrid creates another copy after Nightgaunt’s attack!
    10 of clubs… Menagerie goes and damages one of the smaller shadows. Shrike misses her attack
    8s… the small shadows go! One attacks Menagerie for 18 damage, the other attacks Dee for 21 damage!
    6s… Reline has Initiative!
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2023-01-24 at 10:17 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1123

AssassinGuy

October 31st
    Mayhem at the Parade
    As Izulu looks over the building he sees the windows have also been webbed up. The roof access is open, but as Izulu looks into it, he finds more webs filling up the stairwell.

As Crowe tries to cut the webs, they stretch, resisting his shadow blade.

OOC: The Toughness of the webs is 10.
    Crowe steadiest himself and slices at the webs again. He wanted to give it another go before looking for another point of entry.

Spoiler: C'mon web
    Show

Fighting: 1d8o8-2 8 1d6o6-2 2
    Damage: 1d4o4+3d6o6-2 10

Crowe feels his blade get through the webs and smirks. "Finally." He taps the commlink. "Front door is open, Izulu." He opens the door to enter.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

By a Factor of Two:

"Ew. Gross. Guts aren't supposed to get up and fight back." Nightgaunt says to John.

"Redline, take over here!" He shouts, seeing one of the spawn-shadow get passed all of Menagerie's summons.

Nightgaunt leaps at the ever dwindling space between Menagerie and the shadow-demon-thing.

He has a momentary flashback to intercepting Zalta's spear in the sewers.

A flashback brought back to the present by the shadow-things claws piercing his chest in a fountain of blood.

Show

Roll to Defend: 8!

being out of Bennies and unable to Soak, Nightgaunt takes 2 Wounds and is Shaken.

/Hyper Obscure Literary Reference

15. - Top - End - #1125

NinjaGuy

Mad Science

Nightgaunt’s attack slices into the belly of the hybrid, releasing more shadows. Another eye flickers out of the original as the shadows create yet another smaller copy of the demon.

Menagerie briefly summons her black Minotaur that raises his ax and slices deeply into one of the smaller demons before dispersing. Shrike tries follows up the Minotaur’s attack, but the shadow flickers out of existence just as her talons connect.

The shadow Menagerie wounded leaps at her, claws extended.

The other shadow goes down to all fours and takes a running jump at Dee.
    A streak of light races across the floor of the warehouse and reverts into human form just in time to intercept the demon lunging at Dee. The duplicate disperses into orbs of white light as the demon tears his physical form apart.

The original uses his opening take a shot at the two smaller shadow demons and attempts to puts a round of light into each, then teleports away making space between himself and the largest of the creatures.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Redline (Duplicate) moves to defend Dee!
    Agility: 6

Ranged Attacks (To Hit): 6, 4
    Damage: 17, 27 Light, Heavy Weapon

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

October 31st
    Mad Science
    Redline’s duplicate manages to protect Dee from the blow, and the original’s follow up destroys the demon, dispersing the congealed shadows. However, Redline’s second shot goes wide as the shadow senses it and bends in an impossible way to dodge.

The hybrid growls and slams its fists on the floor, releasing a wave of darkness that briefly covers the concrete. As the darkness passes over the heroes, they feel a bone numbing chill that steals their breath from their lungs. Small spikes of shadow stab into their flesh as it passes over.

Menagerie raises her numb fingers and casts a quick spell over Nightgaunt that causes his chest to knit back together as Shrike leaps at the larger demon. Her talons rip into its back and she pulls out yet another smaller shadow.

Initiative!
    Redline destroys one small shadow and misses the other.
    4s… the big hybrid makes an AoE attack! Dee takes 20 damage (unless he makes over a 14 on Agility), Nightgaunt takes 13 damage, Redline takes 16 damage, Menagerie takes 11
    Initiative Resets!
    Queens… Menagerie unshakes and heals Nightgaunt for 2 wounds! Shrike causes the big hybrid to make another copy!
    Jacks and 9s… Dee and Nightgaunt have Initiative!

Mayhem at the Parade
    As Crowe and Izulu enter through the front door, the ends of the spider threads catch on their clothes and stick slightly, but they manage to make it through.

The inside of the building is absolutely covered in webs from the roof down the walls.

Ryker picks up a large circular table about 6 feet across and tosses it like a frisbee into one of the corners of the building, targeting a woman in a red and a black costume with a web motif and a slightly oversized hood. She quickly somersaults down out of the way as the wooden table explodes into broken shards.

“Took you guys long enough,” Ryker says, mostly under his breath.

Spoiler: Notice TN 6
    Show
    Two people are webbed into cocoons with just their eyes and noses showing in the rafters.

Initiative!
    10s… Crowe has Initiative!
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2023-01-27 at 07:05 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1127

OldWizardGuy

October 31st
    Mad Science
    Redline’s duplicate manages to protect Dee from the blow, and the original’s follow up destroys the demon, dispersing the congealed shadows. However, Redline’s second shot goes wide as the shadow senses it and bends in an impossible way to dodge.

The hybrid growls and slams its fists on the floor, releasing a wave of darkness that briefly covers the concrete. As the darkness passes over the heroes, they feel a bone numbing chill that steals their breath from their lungs. Small spikes of shadow stab into their flesh as it passes over.

Menagerie raises her numb fingers and casts a quick spell over Nightgaunt that causes his chest to knit back together as Shrike leaps at the larger demon. Her talons rip into its back and she pulls out yet another smaller shadow.

Initiative!
    Redline destroys one small shadow and misses the other.
    4s… the big hybrid makes an AoE attack! Dee takes 20 damage (unless he makes over a 14 on Agility), Nightgaunt takes 13 damage, Redline takes 16 damage, Menagerie takes 11
    Initiative Resets!
    Queens… Menagerie unshakes and heals Nightgaunt for 2 wounds! Shrike causes the big hybrid to make another copy!
    Jacks… Dee has Initiative!
    Spoiler: Rolling Against Long Odds
    Show
    Dodging the AoE: 1d6o6 1 1d6o6 4

Soak Roll: 1d6o6 1 1d6o6 4

Recover from being Shaken: 1d8o8-1 3 1d6o6-1 3

Dee had barely gotten his feet under him when the demonic hybrid that had separated off from the larger, amalgamated form dropped to all fours like a panther and pounced, crossing the distance between them with a preternatural speed that took him off guard.

The analytical part of him noted that he hybrid could be drawing from either a demonic heritage or a vampiric shape shifting power to effect such a pounce.

Even as he braced for the blow, Redline’s stunt double dove for the demon, catching it mid flight. The effect of the burst of light that consumed the two of them was blunted by the polarization of his visor but was still enough to dazzle his eyes.

He had almost recovered from these twin shocks when the primary amalgam sent a wave of darkness out. He struggled to launch himself into the air fast enough to avoid the spikes but remained caught in their effect. While his armor blunted the spikes, he still felt ribs cracking under the pressure — a sensation he had hoped to avoid feeling again.

Rising above the spikes and falling into the defensive posture his training had drilled into him, Dee fought to regain his equilibrium enough to cast a spell.

Rising above the spikes and falling into the defensive posture his training had drilled into him, Dee fought to regain his equilibrium enough to cast a spell. Redline’s stunt double had dissipated itself for him. He had to be ready to help the others. Centering himself and scribing out his spell, he felt his ribs knitting back together as the healing energy surged through him.

Bones healed.

Bruises faded.

He hovered, stable once more.

He looked down on the creature.

“Did you expect that to slow us down,” he taunted. “I think you will find you are going to have to do far, far better than that if you expect to stop us.”

He hoped that came out sounding more convincing to other than it did to him.

Show
    John Soaks one of his two wounds (Nineteen damage instead of 20 and he’d have been home free!)
    John does not unshake.

John’s “Running” to put more distance between him and the ground: 1d6-1 1

John moves 7” up and away from the Hybrid, hoping he can put a metal or concrete pillar between himself and the hybrid for additional Cover.

John casts Healing on himself
    Spellcasting: Healing: 1d12o12+2 4 1d6o6+2 12

With a final total of 9 (-1 for the Wound, -2 for the multi-action penalty), John heals all of the damage done to him.

Tacky or not, Dee taunts the Hybrid.: 1d4o4 2 1d6o6 3 = 1, with the multi-action penalty.
    …almost certainly to no effect.
    Last edited by mmdeforrest; 2023-01-26 at 07:44 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1128

AssassinGuy

October 31st
    Mayhem at the Parade
    As Crowe and Izulu enter through the front door, the ends of the spider threads catch on their clothes and stick slightly, but they manage to make it through.

The inside of the building is absolutely covered in webs from the roof down the walls.

Ryker picks up a large circular table about 6 feet across and tosses it like a frisbee into one of the corners of the building, targeting a woman in a red and a black costume with a web motif and a slightly oversized hood. She quickly somersaults down out of the way as the wooden table explodes into broken shards.

“Took you guys long enough,” Ryker says, mostly under his breath.

Spoiler: Notice TN 6
    Show
    Two people are webbed into cocoons with just their eyes and noses showing in the rafters.

Initiative!
    10s… Crowe has Initiative!
    Crowe looks around as they enter and locks his eyes onto Ryker's target. He nods when when Ryker makes his comment not noticing anything but Red Widow.

"Just a slight hiccup." Crowe says as he brings forth an orb to shoot at Red Widow, but his shot misses her.

Spoiler: Rolls, Mechanics, OOC
    Show

Notice: 1d6o6-2 -1 1d6o6-2 -1

Crowe attacks at ranged! Heavy Weapon AP 2.
    Shooting: 1d10o10-2 3 1d6o6-2 -1

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

More the Merrier:

Nightgaunt staggers beneath the assault of the shadow-spawn, and even his undead flesh is chilled and charred by the encroaching darkness of the bigger abomination. He growls in frustration, his canines lengthening. He lunges at the shadow spawn who'd threatened Menagerie, but a combination of the creature's ephemeral nature, his lingering injuries, and being distracted by keeping Menagerie safe spoil his efforts to rip the thing limb from grotesque limb.

Show
    Fighting Roll: 7

If a demon gets passed him to Menagerie, I will play Noble Sacrifice.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

October 31st
    Mayhem at the Parade
    Red Widow gracefully dodges out of the way of Crowe’s attack, using a hanging web that she grabs with her knee to swing out of the way.

“Friends of yours, Ryker?” she asks before leaping down to the ground level. She lands whisper quiet in a crouch and tilts her head at the former villain in a questioning way. “You’ve changed. A year or two ago you would’ve been on my side.”

“**** changes, Red,” Ryker retorts. “You can thank Jesse for that.”

The villainess shrugs as Ryker moves to engage her, and ducks under his first left jab. She flips, doing a back walkover to get back to her feet, still facing her opponents.

Initiative!
    9s… Ryker goes, but he misses Red Widow
    7s… Izulu has Initiative!

Mad Science
    The hybrid snarls and charges at Nightgaunt and Menagerie, but its swing goes wide, just barely missing the vampire’s helmet.

The smaller shadow in front of the vampire flows into the floor and slips behind the two of them before reforming itself to rake its claws against Nightgaunt’s back.

The newly formed shadow twists around on itself to attack the griffin, slicing into her feathered neck.

Initiative!
    8s… the big hybrid goes, but misses Nightgaunt! One small shadow fails to beat Nightgaunt’s armor, and the other attacks Shrike!
    6s… Redline has Initiative!

21. - Top - End - #1131

GreataxeFighterGuy

October 31st
    Mayhem at the Parade
    Red Widow gracefully dodges out of the way of Crowe’s attack, using a hanging web that she grabs with her knee to swing out of the way.

“Friends of yours, Ryker?” she asks before leaping down to the ground level. She lands whisper quiet in a crouch and tilts her head at the former villain in a questioning way. “You’ve changed. A year or two ago you would’ve been on my side.”

“**** changes, Red,” Ryker retorts. “You can thank Jesse for that.”

The villainess shrugs as Ryker moves to engage her, and ducks under his first left jab. She flips, doing a back walkover to get back to her feet, still facing her opponents.

Initiative!
    9s… Ryker goes, but he misses Red Widow
    7s… Izulu has Initiative!
    As Izulu enters, he lets a errant arc of electricity fly past her. "Ryker. You keeping all the beauties to yourself, mate? And here I thought you were trying to be a proper gent now."

"No chance of you coming quietly is there?" Izulu asks the suited villainess with a smile. "I'd prefer to keep it as clean as possible."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Notice and Stun Missed.

22. - Top - End - #1132

NinjaGuy

October 31st
    Mad Science

The biting cold is the first sensation to reach Redline's senses, chilling him to the bone as a prelude to the piercing shadows that shock his system. The hero takes a few seconds to steady his vision and assess the remaining threat.

"Gettin' real sick of this demon and darkness combination..." says through gritted teeth as he takes aim the abominations and fires two rounds of searing hot light.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Redline rolls to Unshake! 8 - 1: 7

Ranged Attacks:

(Shadow Spawn) 4-1: 3
    (Shadow Hybrid) 12-1: 11

Ranged Attack Damage: 19 Light, Heavy Weapon

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

October 31st
    Mayhem at the Parade
    “Where’s the fun in that?” Red Widow replies playfully as she dances around Ryker’s fists. She dodges again and jumps just high enough to roll over his back and then uses him like a springboard to leap across the room and lands twenty feet over the top of the front door.

She lands on the wall and then stands, facing the floor before she raises one hand and shoots more silvery webs at Crowe and Izulu, catching both of them in the strands.

Initiative!
    4s… Red Widow goes! She disengages from Ryker and then Ensnares Crowe and Izulu! They need to make an Agility or Strength roll at -2 to free themselves!
    Initiative resets!
    Jacks… Izulu has Initiative!

Mad Science
    Redline’s attack burns away some of the shadows covering the hybrid, revealing crispy, burnt skin beneath before it cloaks itself again. His second shot goes wide, missing the smaller shadow.

Initiative!
    Redline wounds the hybrid x1, it does not soak
    Initiative resets!
    Nightgaunt has a Joker! Characters in this scene gain a Benny!

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

A Little Serious:

"Even one of you abominations is too many." Nightgaunt growls at the big shadow monster. He blinks, an ink-stained red tendril appears in his vision, reaching out from a twisted knot inside the hybrid to the smaller cast-offs it was making.

The coloration was similar, but the power and meaning had nothing in common with the red and black smoke that now sheathed his hands.

The purebred lunges at the bastard, raking his talons not only across it's unwholesome flesh, but also ripping and tearing at the knot of life that defines it's existence.

Show

Roll to become unshaken: 9
    Spend a Burn to use Reality Storm: 8
    Nightgaunt rends the hybrid's core essence, robbing it of the ability to spawn smaller monsters.
    Fighting Roll: 11 +2 from Directly Engage = 13
    Damage: 17 + 3 for a raise = 20 Damage

+2 to everything from my Joker....
    so..
    11 to become unshaken
    15 to hit on my fighting roll
    22 damage

Nightgaunt spends an extra burn to avoid unwanted collateral damage

Burn! 1/3

25. - Top - End - #1135

GreataxeFighterGuy

October 31st
    Mayhem at the Parade
    “Where’s the fun in that?” Red Widow replies playfully as she dances around Ryker’s fists. She dodges again and jumps just high enough to roll over his back and then uses him like a springboard to leap across the room and lands twenty feet over the top of the front door.

She lands on the wall and then stands, facing the floor before she raises one hand and shoots more silvery webs at Crowe and Izulu, catching both of them in the strands.

Initiative!
    4s… Red Widow goes! She disengages from Ryker and then Ensnares Crowe and Izulu! They need to make an Agility or Strength roll at -2 to free themselves!
    Initiative resets!
    Jacks… Izulu has Initiative!
    "Well if Ryker would cut back on playing pattycake for a second and do some work perhaps we'd be done already." Izulu says, struggling against the threads.

After a second, He stops struggling and closes his eyes, picturing moving on an arc of electricity.

You can do this Manny. Move.

In a blink Izulu slips from the threads and beside Red Widow.

"Really hate to do this, love."

Izulu places a hand on the small of her back and sends a powerful Jolt coursing through her.

Show
    Izulu spends a burn to Move past his constraints. 0/3 burn remaining.
    Stun Melee range(Benny spent selfishly): 11-1 =10
    Red Widow Must make a Vigor roll at -2 or be shaken.
    Manny SHifts his labels Freak up, Mundane Down.
    Last edited by HIDA; 2023-01-29 at 12:16 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

October 31st
    Mayhem at the Parade
    Ryker swings around and flips Izulu off with a glare.

The jolt of electricity courses through Red Widow’s body and she loses her grip on the wall. She falls, but still manages to land on her feet in a crouch not far from Crowe.

She looks back up to Izulu and runs back up the wall before back flipping off it it to knee him in the gut. After her attack, she bounces off him and somersaults higher up the wall before standing again, crossing her arms.

Initiative!
    9s… Red Widow fails her Vigor roll and is Shaken, however, on her turn she unshakes. She attacks Izulu for 15 damage!
    7s… Crowe has Initiative!

Mad Science
    Nightgaunt’s attack slices deeply into the hybrid’s chest, through the shadows that cover it. It snarls and grabs the vampire by the shoulders, curling its claws around to stab into his back. It brings Nightgaunt up to its head and he feels teeth and fangs bury themselves in his shoulder as the hybrid bites down, crunching bone and tearing flesh.

Initiative!
    The hybrid gains another Wound!
    Kings… the hybrid retaliates! It attacks Nightgaunt’s for all the damage! He takes a Powerful Blow!

27. - Top - End - #1137

AssassinGuy

October 31st
    Mayhem at the Parade
    Ryker swings around and flips Izulu off with a glare.

The jolt of electricity courses through Red Widow’s body and she loses her grip on the wall. She falls, but still manages to land on her feet in a crouch not far from Crowe.

She looks back up to Izulu and runs back up the wall before back flipping off it it to knee him in the gut. After her attack, she bounces off him and somersaults higher up the wall before standing again, crossing her arms.

Initiative!
    9s… Red Widow fails her Vigor roll and is Shaken, however, on her turn she unshakes. She attacks Izulu for 15 damage!
    7s… Crowe has Initiative!
    Crowe tries to get out of the web in time but misses his chance, glaring at Red Widow as he tries to break free.

Spoiler: Agility
    Show

Agility: 1d8o8-4 0 1d6o6-4 0
    OOC: Blasted wounds.

"Screw it." Crowe mutters as another orb appears and he fires it at Red. But it goes a bit farther to the side than he had anticipated.

Spoiler: Rolls, Mechanics, OOC:
    Show

Crowe uses a ranged attack! Heavy Weapon AP 2.
    Shooting: 1d10o10-4 2 1d6o6-4 -3
    OOC: Yeah, figured.
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2023-01-29 at 12:07 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1138

OldWizardGuy

October 31st
    Mad Science
    Nightgaunt’s attack slices deeply into the hybrid’s chest, through the shadows that cover it. It snarls and grabs the vampire by the shoulders, curling its claws around to stab into his back. It brings Nightgaunt up to its head and he feels teeth and fangs bury themselves in his shoulder as the hybrid bites down, crunching bone and tearing flesh.

Initiative!
    The hybrid gains another Wound!
    Kings… the hybrid retaliates! It attacks Nightgaunt’s for all the damage! He takes a Powerful Blow!
    “Back off, hellspawn,” Dee commands as another Ankh appears before him and he unleashes a searing bolt of light at the hybrid. He would have preferred to experiment with the ash against this foe, he did not dare do so while Nightgaunt was in its clutches. While the light could go astray, Dee worried less about its accuracy than casting a sharpened stake across the intervening space while his vampiric teammate’s back was to him.

As much as he wanted to come to Shrike and Miss Menagerie’s immediate aid, Dee recognized the immediate threat the larger of the hybrid’s posed. In between him and Redline, he reasoned, they could take it down quickly before it did more damage to Nightgaunt and spawned more shadows.

Spoiler: Dee Impersonates Dr. Fate
    Show
    Spellcasting: The Rays of Ra: Another casting of the Ray of Ra: 1d12o12+2 8 1d6o6+2 6

Ranged Attack (Light), 4d6: 8 + 1 (AP 1) +1 (Heavy Weapon) -1 (Lethal)
    Damage from the Ray of Ra: 4d6o6 23

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

October 31st
    Mayhem at the Parade
    Seeing the villainess get even farther out of reach, Ryker makes his way over to Crowe and carefully melts the webs that are holding him captive, freeing him, without comment.

Initiative!
    5s… Ryker uses his turn to free Crowe!
    Initiative resets!
    10s and 8s… Crowe and Izulu have Initiative!

Mad Science
    Dee’s attack obliterates the rest of the shadows covering the hybrid, revealing a grotesque twisted form that may have once been human or vampire. The two smaller shadows immediately fade.

The hybrid lets out a final gurgle as it releases Nightgaunt and begins to fade into a cloud of ashes.

Combat Ends!

30. - Top - End - #1140

AssassinGuy

October 31st
    Mayhem at the Parade
    Seeing the villainess get even farther out of reach, Ryker makes his way over to Crowe and carefully melts the webs that are holding him captive, freeing him, without comment.

Initiative!
    5s… Ryker uses his turn to free Crowe!
    Initiative resets!
    10s and 8s… Crowe and Izulu have Initiative!
    Crowe sighs in defeat as Ryker helps him out of the webs, not even able to bring himself to say sorry. "Thanks, man." He glares back up at the villainess and launches another orb at her.

Spoiler: Rolls, Mechanics, OOC:
    Show

Crowe uses a ranged attack! Heavy Weapon AP2.
    Shooting: 1d10o10-2 6 1d6o6-2 -1
    Damage: 4d6o6 12