Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Iron Station Savage Masks IC III

Quote Originally Posted by Roguewolf View Post
    Spoiler: Text to John
    Show
    Trust me if I know the exact words they used, I would share.
    My hope: Boiling point of Ryker explaining why he can't tell her how he feels, or at least his hang-up about it.
    Worst case: kissing someone while having a concussion.

From what Mimi had said, Sidney seemed to be in full cognitive control. Main reason we found out later was she asked Mimi very nicely. And glad to hear. Hope it went well.

Either way, she went west from the base when she left. And the state of the transport couldn't have gotten too much farther.
    John took a deep, steadying breath after reading Keith’s text and wordlessly handed his phone to Emi.

Gauging that Lana was still far enough away to ask, he turned to Stella and Raphael. “I don’t suppose either of you know how Ryker ended up with a concussion and who he might have been with at the time? Even at the speed I can swipe, it would be faster to hear it explained than send messages back and forth.”

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Double Trouble:

"So, did she like, just walk out the front door, or what?" Raphael asks. His nails tap out a staccato on the table while his knees bounce in counterpoint, both signaling the vampire's weakening restraint to hurry up and do something.

"She does everything with robot birds, right?" He glances back and forth between John and Stella. "Gimme something to work with, is that how she gets around? A freaking Skarmory over Iron Station shouldn't be that hard to find."

Quote Originally Posted by mmdeforrest View Post
    John took a deep, steadying breath after reading Keith’s text and wordlessly handed his phone to Emi.

Gauging that Lana was still far enough away to ask, he turned to Stella and Raphael. “I don’t suppose either of you know how Ryker ended up with a concussion and who he might have been with at the time? Even at the speed I can swipe, it would be faster to hear it explained than send messages back and forth.”
    "Red Line had asked us to raid a gang hide out earlier, they had a meta goon that could make things explode. Ryker got blown through the front of the house."

Raphael's smirk slips, replaced by a frown, still and calm for a beat. "I didn't think he was hurt that bad."

3. - Top - End - #243

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    "She does everything with robot birds, right?" He glances back and forth between John and Stella. "Gimme something to work with, is that how she gets around? A freaking Skarmory over Iron Station shouldn't be that hard to find."
    “Give me a moment on that,” John requested. “I’m seeing if we can triangulate her position.”

"Red Line had asked us to raid a gang hide out earlier, they had a meta goon that could make things explode. Ryker got blown through the front of the house."

Raphael's smirk slips, replaced by a frown, still and calm for a beat. "I didn't think he was hurt that bad."
    “He was concussed,” John observed. “That’s something simple enough to recover from but it can impair thinking. I may like Ryker and believe he cares for Sidney more than he does himself, but limiting his ability to think straight is a disaster waiting to happen.”

If Keith labeled Ryker as concussed, that implied a doctor’s assessment — not the kind of thing an EMT would want to do. That required a hospital visit. While concussed implied that the kiss, if it was the central matter, took place at the hospital or other medical facility, given that Raphael was not talking about it having happened mid- or post-fight.

True, it could have been a nurse but professional ethics prohibited that kind of thing — no matter how many sexy nurse costumes were sold this time of year.

He pushed away the thought of Emi’s legs if she was wearing such a costume.

John decided to risk the mental leap.

“Tell me about the girl that was there and who was with him in the hospital.”

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Double Date
    Of course I’ll help. Emi says as she hands John’s phone back to him after reading the texts.

A text from Mimi pops up. “I wished to keep this mostly private, but I believe it may be useful information for you to help get Sidney back. Ryker is currently at base with Drake. He’s consumed an entire bottle of Fireball and seems very intoxicated. ”

A video shows up on his phone, showing the argument between Sidney and Ryker with audio.

“Ryker’s never been one to show how hurt he is,” Stella replies to Raphael. “Keith said that she left on Elvira. That’s her largest bird— her wingspan is probably 15 feet, but she also has some active camouflage on her body. It might be hard to find her.”

Clea text pops on on John’s phone. “You managed to develop that plan while in the presence of your particular friend? I’m impressed 007, Mark 2. Search commencing. I am conditioning the cabin and will keep you updated.” There’s a small pause before another text comes through. “We’ve managed to narrow down Sidney’s location to within a two block radius, sending the map to you now.”

As promised, a map comes up on John’s phone, showing a circle around an area in the North side of town.

Lana arrived at the table. “I hope you all enjoyed your meal. Mr. Feris has picked up your bill, so please, enjoy your night,” she says with a wide smile before heading off to her next table.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Minesweeper:

Raphael blinks twice at John's question. "She called herself Iris, one of Lady Orchid's flower girls. She's the madame of Iron Station, by the way, so someone paid a pretty penny for her to be there."

Raphael shrugs "She convinced Red Line she was just there as a party favor, so we got her out along with the hostage. Well. She and Ryker convinced us, apparently they used to be a... thing."

the vampire shakes his head. "I didn't go with them to the hospital, like I said, he seemed fine. He was in way better shape than the dude who blew us up. Red Line went with 'em."

Originally posted by Miss Menagerie
    “Ryker’s never been one to show how hurt he is,” Stella replies to Raphael. “Keith said that she left on Elvira. That’s her largest bird— her wingspan is probably 15 feet, but she also has some active camouflage on her body. It might be hard to find her.”
    The ground state of irreverence slowly returns to Raphael's features. "It's a guy thing." He says nodding. "It takes more than being good at Hide-n-Seek to hide from me."

He slides out of the booth and turns to face the group. "If we've got a search area, let's roll. Fly. Whatever."
    Last edited by big teej; 2022-10-21 at 02:41 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246

AssassinGuy

Keith stands there awkwardly looking at Yuki, Aeryn, and Manny and shrugs. He attempts to patch the others in.

"Elvira was in pretty rough shape. Which direction should we head?"

7. - Top - End - #247

OldWizardGuy

Minesweeper:
    Raphael blinks twice at John's question. "She called herself Iris, one of Lady Orchid's flower girls. She's the madame of Iron Station, by the way, so someone paid a pretty penny for her to be there."

Raphael shrugs "She convinced Red Line she was just there as a party favor, so we got her out along with the hostage. Well. She and Ryker convinced us, apparently they used to be a... thing."
    “Of course, they did,” John replied tiredly, turning to Emi. “I am betting on Keith’s option 2.”

The ground state of irreverence slowly returns to Raphael's features. "It's a guy thing." He says nodding. "It takes more than being good at Hide-n-Seek to hide from me."

He slides out of the booth and turns to face the group. "If we've got a search area, let's roll. Fly. Whatever."
    “Roll,” John suggested, sending the map of the search area to Keith. “Clea is outside warming up and may be able to refine the location further as we go. In addition, we can look over the information Mimi sent so we can be ready.
    Last edited by mmdeforrest; 2022-10-21 at 02:57 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    Double Date
    Of course I’ll help. Emi says as she hands John’s phone back to him after reading the texts.
    Thank you, Emi, he projected with as winning a smile as he could manage.

A text from Mimi pops up. “I wished to keep this mostly private, but I believe it may be useful information for you to help get Sidney back. Ryker is currently at base with Drake. He’s consumed an entire bottle of Fireball and seems very intoxicated. ”

A video shows up on his phone, showing the argument between Sidney and Ryker with audio.

Clea text pops on on John’s phone. “You managed to develop that plan while in the presence of your particular friend? I’m impressed 007, Mark 2. Search commencing. I am conditioning the cabin and will keep you updated.” There’s a small pause before another text comes through. “We’ve managed to narrow down Sidney’s location to within a two block radius, sending the map to you now.”

As promised, a map comes up on John’s phone, showing a circle around an area in the North side of town.
    “She’s headed to North Side,” John offers, showing Stella the map. He would need to alert Seraph so that he could clear their activity in North Side with Coldfront. “As I recall, your mother’s clinic was in North Side. Do you know this area?”

Lana arrived at the table. “I hope you all enjoyed your meal. Mr. Feris has picked up your bill, so please, enjoy your night,” she says with a wide smile before heading off to her next table.
    John looks to Raphael at Lana’s rapid departure. “While I am sure Mr. Feris watches out for his staff — noblesse oblige and all,” he asked as he slid out of the booth and offered his hand to Emi to assist her, “but would it be considered an affront to leave something additional for Lana as a token of our appreciation?”

9. - Top - End - #249

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mmdeforrest View Post
    “Roll,” John suggested, sending the map of the search area to Keith. “Clea is outside warming up and may be able to refine the location further as we go. In addition, we can look over the information Mimi sent so we can be ready.
    Keith's voice comes over the comms if John has allowed it to, along with Stella and Raph hearing his response.

"Thanks, John. We're on our way. Oh and calling Mimi for clearance so we don't get I to more trouble with Coldfront."

Keith taps the comm again to talk with Mimi as he shows the search location to the others.

"Mimi, we need to search in the North side of town. Is there a way we can get cleared to fly around or at least so Coldfront doesn't get to Sidney before us?"

After the others check the search area John sent, he'll start the fly group.

I end up going North Side anyway, fun times!

10. - Top - End - #250
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Keith stands there awkwardly looking at Yuki, Aeryn, and Manny and shrugs. He attempts to patch the others in.

"Elvira was in pretty rough shape. Which direction should we head?"
    "We should at least check the coffee shop and the continue northward if we need to." Manny says, anxious to get moving and annoyed that his sense of professionalism and trying to make a decent first impression his first day was seriously stifling his immediate personal ambitions.

I'm sure I'll see her again, right?

Spoiler: OOC Conditional Clearance Pt.2
    Show
    Manny is attempting to sacrifice this opportunity to play the Love interest card on Paradox to clear his guilt of allowing the team to go into the sewer with a half-cocked plan and Aeryn getting hurt.
    Last edited by HIDA; 2022-10-21 at 03:28 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Keith and Manny
    “You know where the coffee shop is, right Aeryn?” Yuki asks as she sits to allow the alien to climb on her back.

“Yeah, I can get us there,” he replies.

“Follow us then,” Yuki says as she spreads her wings and takes off.

Mimi answers Keith. “I’ve gotten permission for you, but only for 90 minutes. Coldfront was not happy that neither Seraph nor Harbinger could speak to her.”

OOC: Manny does not clear the Guilty condition

Double Date
    Stella looks at the map before she shakes her head. “I lived up there, but that area’s not somewhere I frequented. You should send that to Ryker and see if he knows anything about it.”

Emi takes John hand to help her out if the booth and the two ladies make their way back up the stairs and out to Clea.

12. - Top - End - #252

AssassinGuy

Keith and Manny
    “You know where the coffee shop is, right Aeryn?” Yuki asks as she sits to allow the alien to climb on her back.

“Yeah, I can get us there,” he replies.

“Follow us then,” Yuki says as she spreads her wings and takes off.

Mimi answers Keith. “I’ve gotten permission for you, but only for 90 minutes. Coldfront was not happy that neither Seraph nor Harbinger could speak to her.”
    Keith nods as he follows along with Yuki and Aeryn leading the way, tapping the comm again to respond to Mimi and then to everyone.

"Thank you Mimi, we'll try to make it quick. Seraph is finishing off the Raeksha with Wolf and Paradox." He then taps it to talk with everyone. "We have a good 90 minutes. With Seraph underground and Harbinger, I'm hoping sleeping, that's all we can get for now. Our group is heading to the coffeeshop first."

Definitely not how I wanted to go about making an impression on Coldfront........ Keith thought as they flew through the skies.

13. - Top - End - #253

OldWizardGuy

Double Date
    Stella looks at the map before she shakes her head. “I lived up there, but that area’s not somewhere I frequented. You should send that to Ryker and see if he knows anything about it.”
    “We can try calling him once we get to the car,” John replies quietly as he waited for Stella to get out of the booth, “but he may be unable to help much. He’s had a bit to drink.”

Emi takes John hand to help her out if the booth and the two ladies make their way back up the stairs and out to Clea.
    John noted that Mr. Feris was aware of them as they prepared to depart. Keeping his movements subtle, he waited for the moment when there would be almost eye contact — enough to be clearly observed but not obvious to anyone not paying attention — and nodded his thanks to their ‘host’ — who had, knowingly or not, outmaneuvered him with his hospitality.

“A generous act on his part,” John offered Raphael quietly as they followed the ladies out. “I’ll have to try and remember not to mention it to Montcrieff when we next speak.”

John glanced back at 5th Chapter as they made their way to the car, trying to assess how many people were watching them in a professional capacity — as opposed to those who were struck by Emi and Stella.

Spoiler: Are we being watched?
    Show
    A Notice Roll from the Curious Boy: 1d10o10+4 9 1d6o6+4 8

“I don’t believe you have met Clea yet,” John says to Stella as he opens the door for the two of them and mostly succeeding in not looking at Emi’s legs as she gets in. “Don’t be alarmed that she already knows who you are.”

“Recognized: Estelle Boudreaux, alias Miss Menagierie and often referred to as Stella; sometime villainess and current auxiliary member of West Side. Known friend of John and Sidney Ashford, West Side AI expert, and particular friend of Raphael Rothmeyer, alias Nightgaunt — who just melodramatically vanished into a murder of crows. Supervised permissions granted…unless overridden?”

“Thank you, Clea,” John said in response to her question. “Please override and grant Stella the standard profile permissions associated with a West Side Team member until notified otherwise.”

“Thank you, John,” Clea said shifting into reverse and leaving the parking lot at a crisp pace. “And, of course, greetings to you particular friend. I hope you found dinner pleasant and John moderately coherent.

“I hope that you are not alarmed at my driving, Stella” Clea continued as she darkened the windows, “although, in truth, you should be more concerned at the thought of John driving. Per Mimi, you have a limited window of permission from Coldfront to operate in her quarter: Just under 90 minutes, to be precise. As such, it will be much more efficient for me to drive us there. Even while maintaining a speed within my operational parameters, there is a 93.875% probability that I will get us there eight minutes and twenty three seconds faster than John would — which includes a diversion down a nearby alleyway to change my coloration.

“I must confess that I will be trying to shave off additional time to see if we can breath Nightgaunt to the search area. My silicon shudders to think of the consequences of permitting John to attempt such a thing.

“Incidentally,” Clea continued as she lowered two screens in the back. “Keith sent a verbal message to the team he is with alerting all points of the time limit. He, Ayern, Yuki, and Manny are making a detour to Ashford’s Coffee to reconnoiter that location before meeting you in the search area where Sidney had travelled.

“We are currently trying to refine our triangulation of Sidney’s location but, due to my nature, my own capacities for doing so are more limited than the hardware available to Ava and Mimi.

“I have reviewed the footage provided by Mimi, which she has taken the unusual step of releasing to the four of you. I have cued up the confrontation. While I appreciate what Ryker told her was inelegantly phrased and less than ideal news, Sidney’s reaction seems unusual — at least based on my conversations with her, during which she seemed quite rational.

“Sharp right turn,” Clea announced before starting the recording and turning down a dark alleyway, where she transformed from the grey profile she had worn in a nod to Emi’s car to the black profile she used for night operations.

He could have just told her he loved her, John thought to himself as he reached out for Emi’s hand and watched the scene play out. I mean, what was Ryker so afraid of?

John went a little still and glanced at Emi out of the corner of his eye.

Why don’t I just forget I asked myself that question.
    Last edited by mmdeforrest; 2022-10-22 at 09:08 AM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

The Hunt:

Raphael considers John's question for a moment. "It should be fine. Keeping up appearances is important."

"If she's still trying to clear her head, rather than holed up somewhere, I'm just gonna fly that way. Like I said, a big iron bird over Iron Station can't be that hard to spot." Raphael says as they head back upstairs.

Once outside, Raphael takes Stella by the hand and gives her another kiss on the cheek. "We'll find her." He says with easy confidence. "Compared to the last errand I undertook for you, this'll be a piece of cake. I'll see you over there." He gives her hand another squeeze and then ducks down the alley between the buildings.

Seconds later, a double handful of ravens croaks their way into the sky and scatters north.

Nightgaunt turns his myriad sets of eyes and attention equally to the ground and the sky, relying on thermal in the air, and simple beady-eyed peepers for the ground below.

OOC: Notice: 8

15. - Top - End - #255

OldWizardGuy

The Hunt:

Raphael considers John's question for a moment. "It should be fine. Keeping up appearances is important."
    John nodded and, after doing an approximation based on his memory of the menu, left a 22% tip — high enough to, as Raphael said, keep up appearances without being so outrageous as to insult Mr. Feris.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

John
    John doesn’t spot anyone that seems to be actually looking at them rather than Emi and Stella as the get into the car.

“Not at all,” Stella replies to Clea. “Sidney told me about you. She said that you’re an absolutely amazing machine.”

“Oh, Ryker,” Stella sighs as she watches the video. “I know you’re brutally honest, but… no, I’d want Raphael to be this honest too. Même si ça fait mal.”

Spoiler: Translation
    Show
    Even if it hurts

“You know her better than us,” Emi says, looking back at Stella. “Did that seem like a normal reaction for her?”

The sorceress thanks for a moment. “I think that if she doesn’t know that he’s concussed and actually made the decision to kiss Aria, that’s a normal reaction. If she did know, I think she would be much more understanding.”

Nightgaunt
    One pair of his many sharp corvid eyes picks out an abandoned warehouse with a large broken window on the second floor, big enough that Sidney’s bird could fly in. Through the window he spots a heat signature of a large metallic bird and several itty bitty birds that swarm over it. However, he can’t see Sidney from this vantage point.

Keith and Manny
    The four heroes converge on the coffee shop, and Yuki lands on a building across the street. The downstairs is dark, but there’s a light on upstairs. Behind the curtains, they can see a figure moving back and forth in the upstairs apartment.

17. - Top - End - #257

AssassinGuy

Keith and Manny
    The four heroes converge on the coffee shop, and Yuki lands on a building across the street. The downstairs is dark, but there’s a light on upstairs. Behind the curtains, they can see a figure moving back and forth in the upstairs apartment.
    And they land, Keith looks over and tilts his head. That could very well be Sidney but they would need to get a closer look. That and they didn't know much more than that.

"I'm going to get closer and take a look. Could be Sid, and worst case, might be the owner. You said her dad ran this place right?"

After the response, Keith floats over to try and get a closer look, remaining in the shadows as best as he can. But he is VASTLY UNSUCCESSFUL!

Spoiler: Don't be suspicious, don't be suspicious!
    Show

Stealth: 1d6o6 1 1d6o6 1
    OOC: I'm going to roll before writing the title next time......
    Notice: 1d6o6+2 11 1d6o6+2 7

TODAY IS JUST NOT MY DAY!

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Give the man a prize:

Cawing mockingly, the murder circles a few times, looking for an out of the way vantage point before spiraling down to roost on the roof of a nearby warehouse. Nightgaunt reforms behind an exhaust vent and pulls his phone out of a thigh pocket.

Spoiler: Text to Stella and John
    Show

I've got eyes on a bunch of her birds. I can't see Sidney, but I'm also not to keen to go waltzing in there by myself.

I can sneak in to confirm her presence if you're feeling impatient.

The message is quickly followed up by a gps marker on a generic find-a-route app.
    I'm here, by the way

19. - Top - End - #259

NinjaGuy

Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by Varga
    Varga types out several sentences on his computer. “Do you know who the Rooks’ target was?” he asks before Louis mentions the two guys that he and Ryker jumped. “Oh yeah, Mr. Maa. He had a few broken fingers and a chemical burn on his shoulder when one of my guys picked him up. I’ve seen worse from Vitriol. Jackie was smart to give up easy.”
    "Turns out they were looking for Vitriol after seeing him back on the streets. Must've figured the bar would be their best bet since he used to visit the place a lot before getting assigned to South Side."

Quote Originally Posted by Varga
    “So, you guys found out where they had the barista— a house on Summit Street, according to my report. What did you do then?”
    "Well..." Louis starts, shifting in his seat to sit upright. "After getting the info we needed I figured we'd have to make a move as soon as possible, especially in the case of a kidnapping. So I called Nightgaunt for the rescue op and we assembled our strike team on the rooftop next to the safehouse. After the plan was sorted out we moved in through the back window, located and secured the hostage, evac'd her, then made our move on the rest of the Rooks on the lower level. Nightgaunt got the jump on the guy standing guard before he could call anyone in the house for help."

Drop Off

Quote Originally Posted by Ryker
    Ryker hops into the backseat, letting Iris sit up front with Louis. “I still can’t believe you managed to lift his car,” he says as they drive away from the hospital. “Leo’s gotta be pissed. He made so much money with this thing doin’ street races.”
    "He's got a lot to be pissed about. Lost his car and his voice in the same day." He says, laughing a bit. "Should make a full recovery though if Snowblood's work on you is anything to go by. Maybe we should visit him in the Pit sometime? Let 'im know she's bein' taken care of."

The WendyÂ’s is only a few minutes away. Once they arrive, Iris hops out. She hesitates for only a moment as she looks at Ryker through the back window before she thanks Louis and says a hurried goodbye before heading into the restaurant.
    Louis waves Iris off before turning back to look at Ryker from the driver's seat. "Let's go get your bike and head back to base, unless you've got somewhere else you need to be?"

20. - Top - End - #260

OldWizardGuy

“Oh, Ryker,” Stella sighs as she watches the video. “I know you’re brutally honest, but… no, I’d want Raphael to be this honest too. Même si ça fait mal.”

Spoiler: Translation
    Show
    Even if it hurts

“You know her better than us,” Emi says, looking back at Stella. “Did that seem like a normal reaction for her?”

The sorceress thanks for a moment. “I think that if she doesn’t know that he’s concussed and actually made the decision to kiss Aria, that’s a normal reaction. If she did know, I think she would be much more understanding.”
    “We can try calling him for additional information, if either of you think it would be worthwhile. Ryker’s downed one bottle of Fireball. I’m not sure how much help he will be.

“Incoming text from Raphael,” Clea announced as she put the message up on the two screens. “Rerouting and sharing out location. We are five minutes out.”

Spoiler: Text from Raphael
    Show
    Text to Stella and John
    I've got eyes on a bunch of her birds. I can't see Sidney, but I'm also not to keen to go waltzing in there by myself.

I can sneak in to confirm her presence if you're feeling impatient.

The message is quickly followed up by a gps marker on a generic find-a-route app.
    I'm here, by the way

With more than a passing feeling of regret, John released Emi’s hand and summoned his costume.

“We should give some thought to placing a backup costume for you in the boot or one of my interior compartments, particular friend,” Clea observed. “It is true that, while his profile indicates you can trust him to not peek, it might risk John suffering heart failure to have you changing in the seat next to him, the blackened windows do make the compartment sufficiently private.

“We should also consult with Jeffery about adding some trim to your cloak, John,” she continued archly. “If you insist on blushing this often, you should have a color that either minimizes is or matches your skin tone better.”

“Thank you for the suggestion, Clea,” John returned, studying the driver’s side rear view mirror. “I’ll be sure to solicit his opinion.”

“You do remember you aren’t driving, don’t you?”

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Louis
    Q&A
    Varga types some more on his keyboard and then reads something from the screen. “So, a stealthy approach. My report says you ended up fighting with Leo and his boys though. Blew through the front of the house. Somebody trip up?”

Drop Off
    Ryker seems distracted. Louis knows that he’d made a few joke that the former villain normally would’ve laughed at or at least acknowledged with a smirk, but Ryker keeps looking out the window, definitely not at Iris.

Once she’s been dropped off, Ryker looks back up front at Louis. “Nah, I ain’t got anywhere to be. Gonna hurt like a ***** riding back. I’ll manage though.”

John
    Stella’s expression grows sad. “He must be heartbroken. I overheard him one time, that he doesn’t ever drink, so for him to have downed an entire bottle…” She shakes her head. “I don’t think it would be a useful conversation even if he did answer his phone.”

The sorceress snaps her fingers and her own costume appears. “I would do yours,” she offers Emi, “but I need more practice with costume changes that aren’t my own. I wouldn’t want you to end up with no clothes instead of your outfit.”

Emi shrugs. “Everyone knows who I am anyway. I’ll have to be careful with my heels.”

Clea pulls up to an abandoned warehouse with a large broken window on the second story. All the other entrances have been boarded up, or have other debris blocking them.

Keith and Manny
    “Yeah, her dad owns the place,” Aeryn replies before Keith goes to check it out.

As he gets close to the building, whoever’s inside sees him coming, and they disappear farther into the apartment.
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2022-10-22 at 06:04 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262

OldWizardGuy

The sorceress snaps her fingers and her own costume appears. “I would do yours,” she offers Emi, “but I need more practice with costume changes that aren’t my own. I wouldn’t want you to end up with no clothes instead of your outfit.”

Emi shrugs. “Everyone knows who I am anyway. I’ll have to be careful with my heels.”
    John was surprised to learn he could blush an even deeper shade of red as he attempted to keep his imagination in check.

“Does your telekinesis provide you with any armor? If not, you should keep behind me as much as possible so my own armor can absorb whatever damage comes our way.”

Clea pulls up to an abandoned warehouse with a large broken window on the second story. All the other entrances have been boarded up, or have other debris blocking them.
    John was glad to see that Clea had pulled up with the passenger side doors away from the building and he gave the building a once over as he got out to open the door for Emi and Stella.

Spoiler: Casing the Joint
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263

AssassinGuy

Keith and Manny
    “Yeah, her dad owns the place,” Aeryn replies before Keith goes to check it out.

As he gets close to the building, whoever’s inside sees him coming, and they disappear farther into the apartment.
    Keith scowled at his own mistake and motioned for the others to follow. His cover had been blown so he subvocalized into the mic.

"I screwed up. Chasing after whoever it is."

He flew into the apartment and followed the figure deeper inside.

Spoiler: Let's have a look.
    Show

Notice: 1d6o6+2 4 1d6o6+2 4
    Danger Sense: 1d6o6 4 1d6o6 4

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Reunion Tour:

Seeing John and the others pile out of his super-spy car, Nightgaunt shrugs and saunters down the side of the building and across the street to them. He pulls at the wrist of one glove, settling it.

He turns his blank helm towards John and says in an amused tone, "And you should keep behind me, so the meat heads can do their job and take the big hits."

He jerks a thumb at the warehouse. "Do we want to knock politely, or...."

25. - Top - End - #265

OldWizardGuy

Reunion Tour:

Seeing John and the others pile out of his super-spy car, Nightgaunt shrugs and saunters down the side of the building and across the street to them. He pulls at the wrist of one glove, settling it.

He turns his blank helm towards John and says in an amused tone, "And you should keep behind me, so the meat heads can do their job and take the big hits."

He jerks a thumb at the warehouse. "Do we want to knock politely, or...."

“Whatever you say, Nightgaunt,” John replied. “That said, I think we should all do a quick review of who needs to have their armor upgraded at tomorrow morning’s meeting. I had not managed to get Izulu to have a proper set while in London. I am hoping that he has gotten something that suits him.

“And, if not, I know someone who is dying to design something for him,” he observed glancing at Emi. “Although the designer’s heart might skip a beat or two when he walked in the room.”

“As far as knocking, if her birds have not sufficiently alerted Songbird that we are here, her mental state may be worse than we would like it to be. Her font door appears to be the broken window. Should we try there first?”

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Double Date
    “Somewhat,” Emi answers John as she gets out of Clea. “Deflection is something that I’ve been working on with Ian. He’s much better at it than I am.” She smiles as John references Jeffery. “I’m sure it would if he looks half as good as he did on Coronation Street.

The two women look up at the building and their broken window entrance.

“Only one way to see, I guess,” Stella says and she snaps her fingers again and her form fades into a cloud of think smoke that drifts up to the second floor.

Emi follows, gently floating up issuing her powers. She offers to help John up in the same way. So you don’t need to release the spell on Harbinger, she explains.

As the team reaches the window, they look down into the warehouse and see that the main floor is mostly empty, other than Elvira, who stands fairly still with her wings spread. Other, tiny birds swarm over her body, making repairs.

In Elvira’s shadow, Sidney sits on the floor with her back braced against a large metal toolbox. She has her arms wrapped around her knees, and seems to be staring off into space.

Spoiler: Notice: Raphael TN 4, John TN 6
    Show
    Blood drips out of her nose from one nostril.

Keith and Manny
    As Keith rounds a corner, he barely manages to dodge a swing from a baseball bat. A giant man at least 6’5” with salt and pepper hair bares his teeth at the intruder. “Once today wasn’t enough?” he spits out. “Get outta here, Rook! Before I bash your brains out.”
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2022-10-22 at 08:21 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267

AssassinGuy

Keith and Manny
    As Keith rounds a corner, he barely manages to dodge a swing from a baseball bat. A giant man at least 6’5” with salt and pepper hair bares his teeth at the intruder. “Once today wasn’t enough?” he spits out. “Get outta here, Rook! Before I bash your brains out.”
    Keith grits his teeth and he runs back and barely manages to yell out the "Wait Si-" before he backsteps away from the swing. His eyes wide and he holds up his hands as the man calls him a Rook.

"Sorry for the intrusion sir!" Keith quickly says as he wills his suit pocket to form and pop out his AEGIS id. "Promise ya I ain't with the Rooks, was tryin' to find a girl named Sidney and thought you might have been her at first. We thought this would be her first stop and we wanted to make sure she was alright."

Keith takes a deep breath and lowers his new shadow hood. "I promise I'm only trying to make sure she's ok. I'm with West Side, names Crowe." He holds out the id for the man. "I am sorry sir, shouldn't have just barged in like that."

28. - Top - End - #268

OldWizardGuy

Double Date
    “Somewhat,” Emi answers John as she gets out of Clea. “Deflection is something that I’ve been working on with Ian. He’s much better at it than I am.” She smiles as John references Jeffery. “I’m sure it would if he looks half as good as he did on Coronation Street.

The two women look up at the building and their broken window entrance.

“Only one way to see, I guess,” Stella says and she snaps her fingers again and her form fades into a cloud of think smoke that drifts up to the second floor.

Emi follows, gently floating up issuing her powers. She offers to help John up in the same way. So you don’t need to release the spell on Harbinger, she explains.
    It’s okay. I recently completed an enchantment of my cloak, he replied, slowly lifting off the ground. I suspect I will be bringing up the rear in any race but I’m not sure we want to be making startling moves right now.

He pulled up close to her, commanding his cloak to wrap around her.

Just in case there are any cameras looking up at the windows, he explained as he drew close to her. Because I would have no ulterior motive for wanting to get this close. … Of course, you could probably maintain modesty by using your telekineses to keep your skirt close to you, now that I think of it.

As the team reaches the window, they look down into the warehouse and see that the main floor is mostly empty, other than Elvira, who stands fairly still with her wings spread. Other, tiny birds swarm over her body, making repairs.

In Elvira’s shadow, Sidney sits on the floor with her back braced against a large metal toolbox. She has her arms wrapped around her knees, and seems to be staring off into space.

Spoiler: Notice: Raphael TN 4, John TN 6
    Show
    Blood drips out of her nose from one nostril.
    Spoiler: That can’t be good.
    Show

She’s suffering from a nosebleed again. That seemed to be a sign of some kind of mental stress — as it certainly when you helped her on Sunday.

“Did you want to approach her first, Miss Menagerie,” Dee asked quietly, “or should we all slowly enter at once?”
    Last edited by mmdeforrest; 2022-10-22 at 08:34 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Keith and Manny
    Manny sees the figure but doesn't see anything that looks like a giant metal bird. "Maybe we should..."

And they land, Keith looks over and tilts his head. That could very well be Sidney but they would need to get a closer look. That and they didn't know much more than that.

"I'm going to get closer and take a look. Could be Sid, and worst case, might be the owner. You said her dad ran this place right?"

After the response, Keith floats over to try and get a closer look, remaining in the shadows as best as he can. But he is VASTLY UNSUCCESSFUL!
    "Wai-"

Keith and Manny

"Hold o-"

Keith scowled at his own mistake and motioned for the others to follow. His cover had been blown so he subvocalized into the mic.

"I screwed up. Chasing after whoever it is."

He flew into the apartment and followed the figure deeper inside.

Keith and Manny
    "If you could just wai-"

Keith grits his teeth and he runs back and barely manages to yell out the "Wait Si-" before he backsteps away from the swing. His eyes wide and he holds up his hands as the man calls him a Rook.

"Sorry for the intrusion sir!" Keith quickly says as he wills his suit pocket to form and pop out his AEGIS id. "Promise ya I ain't with the Rooks, was tryin' to find a girl named Sidney and thought you might have been her at first. We thought this would be her first stop and we wanted to make sure she was alright."

Keith takes a deep breath and lowers his new shadow hood. "I promise I'm only trying to make sure she's ok. I'm with West Side, names Crowe." He holds out the id for the man. "I am sorry sir, shouldn't have just barged in like that."
    Manny groans and pinches the bridge of his nose before talking into his comm. "Crowe. When you decide to unlawfully enter someone's house/place of business. you should A) Be inconspicuous and B)Certainly not bring up his daughter he hasn't seen in a year+. I'm not American, but I think he's well within his rights to club you. If he decides to thrash you, I expect you to accept it with some dignity." He says, Making sure he can see them both in case he actually does start getting pummeled.

30. - Top - End - #270

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HIDA View Post
    Manny sees the figure but doesn't see anything that looks like a giant metal bird. "Maybe we should..."

"Wai-"

"Hold o-"

"If you could just wai-"

Manny groans and pinches the bridge of his nose before talking into his comm. "Crowe. When you decide to unlawfully enter someone's house/place of business. you should A) Be inconspicuous and B)Certainly not bring up his daughter he hasn't seen in a year+. I'm not American, but I think he's well within his rights to club you. If he decides to thrash you, I expect you to accept it with some dignity." He says, Making sure he can see them both in case he actually does start getting pummeled.
    Keith suppresses the urge to deadpan his expression as Manny expressed his disappointment. Then again, it wasn't anything compared to how bad the lecture from Don would be. The beating with a bat would near about be a blessing in comparison.

Get a date, and manage to barely save Aeryn and I get complacent. John will have a field day with this.....

He then subvocalizes to Manny over the comms.

"It ain't a shotgun, and that's what a certain someone loved to yeach with. Trust me I'll take the clubbing over buckshot anyday."

He knew he had screwed up badly.

OOC: Crowe marks Guilty condition.