New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Subclass Contest 32 (XXXII) voting thread

Okay, before you can review these awesome subclasses, keep in mind a few things:
    1. You can only vote for three people. You can give honorable mentions though. Having somone's first place vote nets you five points(a bit of a change ) a second place vote nets you three(He's crazy!!! ) and a third place vote earns you one point. You can also vote for themes, with your first place theme getting two points and 2nd place theme getting one. Also, vote for NewPoints(The way I have it here: First place 5, second three, and 3rd 1) or OldPoint(the old way: first place three, second two, and third one) for our next contest and all the other ones after!
    2. Themes available:
    I Read this in a Book, Once: Subclasses based off of books, movies, manga, video games, tv shows, comic books, etc. you have seen. 1 Bonus point if you make a stat block for a character from that game.
    Bigger is Better: Bigger fighters, bigger spells, bigger magic items, bigger everything!
    Calling card: Summoning is the name of the game.
    We are the paparazzi: Choose a celebrity, and base a subclass around that. 1 bonus point to anyone who makes a stat block for the chosen celebrity.
    The pen is mightier than the sword: Just quoting mole mage here: subclasses which focus on writing, or as the original suggestion said, "stationery combat". Want to make a wizard who can store spells in carefully drawn runes? What about a bard who can write stories into existence, or a warlock patron who serves as an extra-planer courier? You can write anything!
    Bunch of fives: Once again quoting MM: While originally the theme referred to five fingers, feel free to interpret it however you like. Want to make a slap-happy bard who always asks what the five fingers say to the face? What about a Rogue who specializes in taking advantage of the five-finger discount, or a paladin who named their fists Honor and Justice? Do it!

Deadline
    Voting ends on the 30th of September. If I die or lose my PC or something else that prevents me from posting, I would like animorte to close this thread then.
    Last edited by Psyche; 2022-09-21 at 10:44 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Subclass Contest 32 (XXXII) voting thread

EDIT: Here's my preferences!

Subclasses:

1. Path of the Cannibal - This subclass seems to me objectively well written and definitely touches my strings.
    2. Sorcerous Origin: Sanguine Sorcery - It deviates a little from the theme of the contest compared to other subclasses, but I like it, expecially the Blood Memory and Durable Casting features.
    3. Harvest Domain - A hard choice between this subclass and nickl_2000's Cooking Domain. In the end I chose this one for its original flavor.

Honorable Mention: for what it's worth...

Cooking Domain - A simple solid subclass that does well what it was written for.

Theme:

Bigger is Better - I'd like to brush up on some Kaiju-themed mechanics that might be perfect for this contest.

Voting System:

OldPoints - For the same reason that animorte wrote a few posts below. ;D

Spoiler: The old text before the EDIT
    Show
    Hum, i don't know if you can still edit your first post, but you should add the "contest" tag and the theme (food and foodies) to the name of the topic, and a table with the links of the various entries (or at least, the link to the contest page).

Also, i'm ok with changing the votes weight, but i would probably use the old one for this contest and vote for the change to be applied to the next edition.

Finally, I think there was a much larger list of themes to vote for the next contests, which took into account old editions and new suggestions. What happened to that? I also say this because I do not like the proposed ones at all to be honest. ^^
    I think that MoleMage have a spreadsheet for that list, you can ask him.

Oh, and the date with the deadline to vote is missing!
    Last edited by Old Harry MTX; 2022-09-24 at 09:51 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Old Harry MTX View Post
    Hum, i don't know if you can still edit your first post, but you should add the "contest" tag and the theme (food and foodies) to the name of the topic, and a table with the links of the various entries (or at least, the link to the contest page).

Also, i'm ok with changing the votes weight, but i would probably use the old one for this contest and vote for the change to be applied to the next edition.

Finally, I think there was a much larger list of themes to vote for the next contests, which took into account old editions and new suggestions. What happened to that? I also say this because I do not like the proposed ones at all to be honest. ^^
    I think that MoleMage have a spreadsheet for that list, you can ask him.

Oh, and e date with the deadline to vote is missing!
    There is a large listing of the themes still sitting around in spoilers in the first post of the chat thread.

EDIT: Adding Votes
    1) Witch Doctor - It needs with right group and the right DM, but this just looks like it would be an absolute blast to play.
    2) Sanguine Sorcery - really well done blood sorcerer.
    3) Path of the Cannibal
    Last edited by nickl_2000; 2022-09-21 at 07:27 AM.
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Spoiler: 5e Subclass Contest Wins
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XIII-Rogue, Tavern Wench
    ● XV-Monk, Way of the Shrine Guardian
    ● XVI-Cleric, Madness Domain
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXI-Artificer, Battling Bowman
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nickl_2000 View Post
    There is a large listing of the themes still sitting around in spoilers in the first post of the chat thread.
    That’s exactly what I was planning to do. Quote the relevant MoleMage post and basically remove the “quote” markers. Copy-Paste.

Still waiting on MM to respond with loads of awesome stuff, but I’m not so worried about that, since I’m just going to use previous contests as reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyche View Post
    something else that prevents me from posting, I would like animorte to close this thread then.
    No problem.
    Last edited by animorte; 2022-09-21 at 11:37 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

1. Sanguine sorcery
    2. Harvest Domain
    3. Cooking Domain

Themes:
    I read this in a book once
    Last edited by Psyche; 2022-09-29 at 12:09 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: Collapsed the text here to clean the thread
    Show
    Hem, again i think the first post lacks some "features", you can use the last one made by nickl_2000 as a reference (you can find it here).

Also usually the themes for the next contest are chosen randomly from the list that you can find here (in which anyone can add its ideas, i suggested a pair of themes some editions ago but they were missing, probably they are in the spreadsheet ^^) and considering that in the last contest there was a tie between "Food and Foodies" and the other entries, this one should carry both "My Way is Different" and "Bigger is Better", plus other two chosen randomly.

I will edit this post to add the table with the links to the subclasses today, so you can copy it in the first one. Here you are!

Oh, and you should make a post in the contest topic to say that the contest is ended and it's time to vote, and link this topic! So anyone that want to vote, even if it isn't a partecipant, could know that the voting thread is open!
    Last edited by Old Harry MTX; 2022-09-24 at 09:56 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

I apologize for my lack of presence this time around. Didn't submit my own and didn't critique anybody else's. Was quite busy for a couple weeks.

I will edit this post to include my votes when I've had time to read the entries.

Subclass Votes:
    1. Druid: Witch Doctor - I think this was very well organized and I would find it extremely difficult to get bored playing this. It somehow makes the enemies feel more real.
    2. Harvest Domain - I appreciate the direction here feeling very different and paving the way for all cooks everywhere.
    3. Cleric: Cooking Domain - Step aside Paladin and Bard. There’s a new charmer in town. You can’t resist the flavors!

Theme Votes:
    1. I read this in a book, once.
    2. Calling card

OldPoints. Why? I actually quite like the idea of being able to gain a bonus point. That bonus point carries more weight with the old vote count.

—————

Honorable Mention goes out to Blood Hunter: Order of the Gourmand. This made me want to play a BH and 3rd was a tough decision for me.
    Last edited by animorte; 2022-09-23 at 09:00 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

1. Culinary arts bard
    2. Harvest domain
    3, Famine patron

I vote for I read this in a book
    Native Sha'ir enthusiast. NO GENIE WARLOCK DOESNT COUNT!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky McDibben View Post
    I am unburdened of my salt, and I rise like a bland-ass potato chip from the ashes of my discontent.
    Rate my homebrew: https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...&postcount=323

9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground

Imp

Here's my votes!
    1. Path of the cannibal
    2. Blood hunter order of the gourmand
    3. Sanguine sorcerer
    And for the theme
    1. Bigger is better
    2. Bunch of fives

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Voting:
    1. Sanguine Sorcery
    2. Path of the Cannibal
    3. Witch Doctor

Themes:
    1. Bigger is Better
    2. Bunch of 5s

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

1. Path of the Canibal
    2. Sanguine Sorcery
    3. Famine Patron

1. Bigger is Better
    2. Read this in a Book
    Last edited by Damon_Tor; 2022-09-29 at 10:54 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Subclasses:
    1. Witch Doctor Druid. A very unorthodox and, due to the variety of monster traits, complex subclass, but I just love the possibilities.
    2. Harvest Domain. Well-written and thematic.
    3. Famine Patron. I have a soft spot for unique warlock patrons.

Themes:
    1. I Read This in a Book Once
    2. Calling Card
    Last edited by Ilerien; 2022-10-01 at 02:02 AM.
    My homebrew. Feel free to use!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thread will be closed on midnight today! The next morning (in my time zone) I will post the closing message. I will count up the votes that afternoon

14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground

1. Harvest Domain
    2. Witch Doctor Circle
    3. Cooking Domain

Theme
    1. Bunches of Fives
    2. I read this in a book
    Last edited by sengmeng; 2022-09-30 at 07:52 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thread is closed!
    2 points for the order of gourmand
    3 points for the famine patron
    12 for the harvest domain
    3 points for the culinary college
    3 for the cooking domain
    12 for the cannibal
    0 for the drinker of life (sorry I am biased)
    12 for the witch doctor
    13 for sanguine sorcery

Sanguine Sorcery is the winner!!!

Voting System is old points

Unfortunately bigger is better and I read this in a book once are tied, so I will determine this randomly

i got bigger is better, but the next contest(34) we will be doing I read this in a book once

New thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...3#post25596193
    Last edited by Psyche; 2022-10-01 at 09:43 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyche View Post
    Thread is closed!
    2 points for the order of gourmand
    3 points for the famine patron
    12 for the harvest domain
    3 points for the culinary college
    3 for the cooking domain
    12 for the cannibal
    0 for the drinker of life (sorry I am biased)
    12 for the witch doctor
    13 for sanguine sorcery

Sanguine Sorcery is the winner!!!

Voting System is old points

Unfortunately bigger is better and I read this in a book once are tied, so I will determine this randomly

i got bigger is better, but the next contest(34) we will be doing I read this in a book once

New thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...3#post25596193
    Wow! In the end we had 9 entries! I did not expect this! And a triple tie for second place! Great edition!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Old Harry MTX View Post
    Wow! In the end we had 9 entries! I did not expect this! And a triple tie for second place! Great edition!
    It was very competitive, love to see that! Still sad I didn’t have time to really work on mine, though it clearly would have stood no chance.
    Something Borrowed - Submission Thread (5e subclass contest)

TeamWork Makes the Dream Work 5e Base Class Submission Thread