New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 2

Thing that may be of interest:

Apparently, at some point after becoming the Ten-Tails Jinchuriki, the Sage of Six Paths suffered a disease caused by the Ten-Tails chakra that caused his chakra pathways to deteriorate. While trying to find a cure, he stayed at an ancient "astronomy research institute." This research institute still exists in the modern day, but is being used as a prison.

One day, a meteor impacted and the sage, with help from the institute founder, found it and cut it in half using only chakra. Half of the meteor immediately dissolved into dust which was dubbed "polar particles" and immediately engulfed the sage, which healed him and cursed the disease and then he hid what was left over nearby in a secret location.

Centuries later, NAruto started to suffer a similar condition and Sasuke went undercover as a prisoner in the prison where the Research Institute used to be in order to try and find them(these stories being passed along as legend) in the hopes of curing him.

Other things of note: There's a second technique, similar to the Impure World Reincarnation, unique to the Land of Redaku where the story takes place. Orochimaru apparenly stole notes on it in the past in order improve the Impure World Reincarnation, though the perosn using it int he story insists that they're the same thing and Impure World Reincarnation is just a regional variant and this tehcnique in the orignal version.

The guy using it uses fossils and sacrifices chickens in order to revive an army of dinosaurs.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

@ Igor: sorry to hear that, I hope your doing okay and that I don't cause anxiety when I communicate with you.

@ Rater:
    Hm, how odd. clearly just a plot point but apparently space radiation given off the ten tails is cured by other space magic. could be worth speculating reasons why even if its not canonical or true in any capacity.

while this Redaku Reincarnation Ninjutsu is a good thing to know as source of that technique for Emi Azami and Redaku in general ties into Kenkomu's thing for dinosaurs-his trip into another dimension in the backstory could merely be an alternate earth where that meteor never fell and wiped out the dinosaurs in that case. as for chickens being used to revive dinosaurs hm....is there any rule against the sacrifice of that jutsu needing to share species with what your resurrecting? because while chickens are related to dinosaurs, I think from visual evidence alone they are not technically the same species.

the Shuigu's existence also could be a good thing to include for plots involving Sunagakure wanting it for themselves, or at least, various people wanting to somehow replicate its design- everyone wants an unlimited supply of water after all. it is good you brought all this to my attention.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-11-14 at 11:37 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you. Mmm. The thing is, I dont think anything external is the real problem- and apparently my therapist think talk-no-jutsu wont be enough.
    But at least I stop denying and working on it.
    ----

Dinosaurs are cool
    Maybe I should give a reread and even dare to try Boruto

When I started the RP I wss super critical of the more flashy stuff, but I try to be more open minded

------

About Mitsuki's backstory- it was beautiful, inspiring and even touched many parts from my own life.
    Inspiring as in I have an urge to write backstories for Ameoku and Akogi.

Speaking of which I am bit confused- the Ishikawas are described as shark like, but in the backstory there is a shrk-pirate dude who isnt Ishikawa?

As for long term ideas, I wonder if a surprise war from Kirigakure could be intresting- and if we want to raise the stakes, then accompanied with Konoha-
    and we can make the small nation alliance relevant for it.

About Usagi powerup, I was thinkinf about it- maybe something with summoning/teleportation- being able to teleport to the animal dimension and from there, and/or more dreamy wimey genjutsu and/or special arrows
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

the shark thing is more of a general Kirigakure thing than a hard family trait of one clan or another, to use well known canonical examples:
    -Zabusa Momochi
    -Kisame Hoshigaki
    -Suigetsu Hozuki

all three of these people are former Kiri ninja or descended from them and all have some measure of shark teeth, but notice what they don't have in common: their last names. Its unclear if Zabusa ever had a clan, but Hoshigaki and Hozuki clans are separate ones. and if Zabusa is clanless that means even common people have shark teeth which makes it a very common trait and not anything special at all, Hoshigaki on the other hand tend to have more prominent and extensive shark features than most from what I've seen of them so it just makes sense to put the Hoshigaki having an actual kekkei genkai involving sharks, at least to me and that while the kekkei genkai is unique to them, minor shark features just kind of bled out into the general population over time. thus the whole shark teeth thing? just a random thing some people in Kiri have, like pink hair or white hair or whatever the heck is going on in Grass to give people green hair.

flashy has its place, as with all things and storytelling techniques, its just a matter of knowing when and how to use it right, and some stories call for it more than others and some call for it less than others.

....I'll think about a Kirigakure surprise war, they are certainly primed for it in certain ways, I'd just have to work out some details about how to make it work if we go that direction.

glad to hear you think so well of Mitsuko's story.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-11-15 at 10:14 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. That intresring.

Well, Jirou as the Ottokage, Kimiko...
    and maybe Kiri can manipulate Fukaimi, if we want lot of **** to hit the fan.

I was mostly thinking how to make a compelling interaction between Akogi to Jirou and Kimiko.

so this design https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d8/3b...87be531ef8.jpg
    would be too inhuman for an Ishikawa?

------
    My previouse Avater

6. - Top - End - #36

Hey, Igor? How much chakra would you say that Ottomaru has?

Im trying to figure out just how much raw power Senko would have by the time of the third round of the Chunin exams if she perfected her integration pill and started taking it as soon as she got back to the village from here.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Ah. That intresring.

Well, Jirou as the Ottokage, Kimiko...
    and maybe Kiri can manipulate Fukaimi, if we want lot of **** to hit the fan.

I was mostly thinking how to make a compelling interaction between Akogi to Jirou and Kimiko.

so this design https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d8/3b...87be531ef8.jpg
    would be too inhuman for an Ishikawa?
    jeez igor, let Sound build up strength a bit before we plan on how to make everything go wrong, this isn't the DBitp roleplay where we can have some hero get a power up out of nowhere and save the day with fighting powered by friendship or love, power has to come from some actual thing that exists and any quick power up in Naruto very very often comes with a big cost attached, so any one pulling a kaio-ken to defend the Sound will be at the very least, out of commission for an arc and at the most just dead, weakening Sound in the aftermath. watching dominoes fall and houses of cards collapse is fun but only if you take the time to set up these things first you get me? gotta let the suspense build as you put them slowly into place.

you can have him be like big fat one piece pirate-man (I forget his name) its fine. genetics in Naruto isn't real set in stone, to the point where Boruto for some reason gets a new dojutsu eye in like his left eye for some reason and only his left eye from being born of Uzumaki and Hyuuga blood, which apparently is actually a really old kekkei genkai but I doubt its anything the author thought up when he first made the series or anything, stuff like consistency is more of a background worldbuilding thing so that things make sense in the background, and a foreground thing like your character can just have some throwaway explanation to say why he is so sharklike compared to most without much problem. its not as if Naruto himself looks anything like an Uzumaki, after all.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

I think I'l draw Akogi, and probably more similiar to the other Ishikawas you have established.
    Can I see their art as a refrnece point?
    I wont do it as good, but I hope to give the general idea.

I just really like Jinbei*.
    But more as inspiration.

He also speak as a Yakuza, so I dunno, I really liks the idea of a chivalrouse yakuza.

Mituski's backstory have inspired me like a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Hey, Igor? How much chakra would you say that Ottomaru has?

Im trying to figure out just how much raw power Senko would have by the time of the third round of the Chunin exams if she perfected her integration pill and started taking it as soon as she got back to the village from here.

I imagine a lot.
    He was expriemented by Nozojo to be THE Hero of the village.
    He should be able to challenge Jounins at the very least.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough, just thought that the connections with Kiri could have great pay offs.
    And then I thought the village was preparing for Konoha,but they have other enemy.
    Thaf was the general thought process.

Paysoff with Konoha can happen at the chunin exams. Maybe
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2022-11-15 at 01:27 PM.

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

sure here is the art I have for them:
    Spoiler: Ishikawa Clan
    Show

the crest is there because every clan has one, in both the series and in Japan in real life, thus I thought it'd be a good thing to include.

oddly enough if you want reference for how they look like more anime wise you have to go look at Konan who has no kirigakure connection at all, because the entire clan is based on her. I don't know what trained of logic led me to making them Kiri, but thats how it is, and now that I know there is an actual character in Naruto named Ishikawa (the first Tsuchikage actually because Naruto is all about meaningful names and Ishikawa actually means "mountain river", makes me wish I knew enough to name them Sumikawa Clan at first instead it'd be "Ink River" to distinguish them but....too late for that)

yeah, you expressed you wanted Akogi to meet/fight Kimiko there before. and I do have some Kiri-based connections for her there as well, so yeah that'll probably work.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

I wasnt brave enough to do more then sketches but-
    Spoiler: Odayama Nekazuki(Yamanka)
    Show

Spoiler: Mayuwu Fukaimi
    Show

Spoiler: Captain Team 1: Nekazuko
    Show

Spoiler: Akogi(I think I will rewrite him)
    Show

Spoiler: Nightmare Hag
    Show

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #41

For the record, and in case it comes up, I'm imagining that the Genryu are each 1/5th of a Tailed Beast for the purpose of how long it would take to integrate and cultivate their chakra, and how much of their chakra can be cultivated, using Senko's integration drug

While the Genryu are compared to the Tailed Beasts, the fact that Naruto can defeat them solo, with the handicap of the chakra nullification effect on that mountain, implicitly only shortly after learning Rasenshuriken, and that Sasuke can do the same only just after forming Hebi, strongly suggests that their individually not that powerful.

And it's the act of fusing with the five elemental Genryu to become the Light Genryu that's explicitly compared to being a Jinchuriki.

Naruto is able to defeat the Light Genryu on his own as well, but as it's the final boss of story mode it's naturally much more difficult than the other five, so given Naruto's power level at the time compared to character statements I'd peg the Light Genryu as being roughly equal to Shukaku.

Also, comparing Geography and when in the timelne the game takes place, Mount Koryu is most likely in the unnamed country that sits in between the land of rice and the country where the Waterfall Village is placed.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #42

I'm going to assume that since the Naruto World has the technology to make pills that contain enough calories, stimulants, and essential nutrients to go for three days of strenuous labor for three days straight without food or sleep that they have the technology for more mundane supplements. Like protein powders and multivitamins.

There's probably a decent market for that, given that proper nutrition and good physical health are essential for cultivating chakra and getting everything you need from diet alone can be tricky

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I imagine medical jutsu and genetic engineering are so advanced in narutoverse because people needed to learn how bodies work to learn how chakra works, and thus focused on the internal biological stuff in its tech tree than more external technology until Boruto era, which is why they don't have a lot of big tech things like vehicles.

14. - Top - End - #44

So, the way I see it, the only issue for Daichi's plans to get the mutant Senju branch established as a formal clan in Sound is whether or not the information he has to offer is worth enough to buy a plot of land for the village to build a clan compound, which is necessary for formal/traditional occasions.

He has the documentation to prove their "nobility" but I don't think you can just expect the village to give you a decent-sized chunk of land, and that's assuming there's even enough unclaimed land fit for development at the moment.

I haven't quite fully figured out all what he knows that would be valuable to the Sound Village yet...

For Absolute sure I know that he has hard proof that his family are a banch of the Senju and survivors of a genocide several generations before HAshirama reformed the clan into a more peaceful and idealistic form, which if their branch were a formal clan could be leveraged by the Sound Village for concessions on the grounds of owed reparations.

I've considered the idea that he may be found sealing designs for the "protect you from chakra suppression" armors from Dragon Blade Chronicles while poking around in ruins?—as I noted, based on geography and timeline, the Ryu Clan would have been based in the unnamed land in between Sound and Waterfall and there's an Otsutsuki ruin in that country that Daichi might have investigated, so if he's in a country looking for ruins he might stumble across one of the Ryu Clan's as well.

There's also stuff that he could have found in an Otsutsuki ruin but that innately runs into the risk of higher-powered, flashy stuff. Igor said he's getting more comfortable with that but going straight to Otsusuki tier stuff would be a bit much.

I believe he mentioned in character that he got a look at some of the Sand Village's experimental puppets a few years back. The information would be dated but could still be useful.

If any of this is a no go let me know, and I'm open to suggestions.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #45

More stuff from the manga.

Shibai Ōtsutsuki.

Shibai actually managed to become the God that the other Otsutsuki are trying to become by eating chakra fruits and occasionally devouring each other. Then he kept going. He's explicitly stated to have cheated death with the Kama countless times and consumed thousands of chakra fruits and eventually reached a point where he didn't need a physical body and abandoned it.

His body was later cut apart and used to create the non-technological enhancements of the various members of Kara.

His techniques are referred to as Shinjutsu, and according to Momoshiki, even the greatest Ninjutsu is just a pale imitation.

Edit: And apparently Momoshiki can still take over Boruto's body, he just can't convert it into his own.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2022-11-23 at 10:03 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #46

Spoiler
    Show

So these are the giant bones from the Mountains Graveyard, where Madara had his hideout.

They look kind of... Saurian.

Think they could be dragon bones?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

ha! I predicted the term shinjutsu!

and sorry for not replying earlier, Thanksgiving is always a process.

as for dragons, as you said earlier the land of Redaku has dinosaurs in it. and people refer to those as dragons in Narutoverse. so...maybe if you count dinosaurs as dragons because people call them that. but if you mean actual dragon well, thats complicated because I doubt Naruto given its strong asian myth/folklore inspiration would draw upon western dragons (aside from the Genryuu which of course exist). while eastern dragons tend to be seen as wise celestial figures whom you should never fight because its like attacking and killing a unicorn or something it just not done, which given Naruto's warlike world disregarding things like that isn't out of the question for ninja.

But on the third hand, narutoverse isn't a 1:1 transfer of such things and if there are dragons they might not fit any classic conception of dragons because culture and entertainment are constantly evolving and might be made to serve the themes and needs of the story rather than it being accurate to a source, much like the Otsutsuki clan despite its inspiration is pretty much its own thing. On the fourth hand, giant versions of perfectly normal animals are proven to exist in Naruto and there is no reason why those bones can't just be very big yet normal lizards that can talk or something, like not even dinosaur but actual modern lizards....but big like gamabunta.

so if dragons do exist in Naruto, the question is HOW would they exist? well if we're keeping in theme with Naruto's messaging, they'd be something similar to the tailed beasts in how powerful they are and thus in some way are a reflection or representation of natural forces, with tailed beasts representing how humans use such large amounts of power for bad ends. the difference is such dragons can't just be sealed into people as a jinchuuriki already, nor do seem to have formed pacts with them. its possible they'd just be an exotic summon contract given the things some people have been known to call upon, but if they aren't what would their role be? certainly such beings would not approve of how humanity is in Naruto's time if we're taking the asian dragon inspiration, they'd probably be friendlier in Boruto given that show is set in more peaceful times and the show is written be lighter and softer most of the time, but its harder to say how they feel in Naruto's time. what is certain is they wouldn't be powerful enough to change the shinobi nations if they disapprove of what they are doing, or else the setting wouldn't exist as it does.

thus it is possible or even likely, that if such dragons existed in any major capacity they have been wiped out or nearly wiped out by shinobi to preserve human/shinobi dominance, or in a more lighter tone they never reproduced enough to be a major threat, being powerful but too small in number and too long to produce a child to be a significant political power. regardless they could have answers and understanding of chakra or know other things most don't, or be able to do things that shinobi can't with their power. Naruto is actually full of beings with large amounts of chakra out nowhere outside of tailed beasts at least in the movies, so them having a large amount of power seems to be okay-perhaps they are hidden and secret and thus not impacting the world at large somehow.

this is all speculation as far as I recall, there is no canonical dragons in Naruto aside from maybe the Genryuu which you have already set as being a thing in this roleplay and thus are yours to portray as you like.

18. - Top - End - #48

My thoughts are that I'm pretty sure based on Geography, timeline, and, implied story beats that Mount Koryu is probably in the unamed country that the Mountain's Graveyard is in—tha'ts where Hebi was looking for Itachi at, which they are doing during Sasuke's side of the game, and Mount Koryu is a mountain surrounded by forests with nearby mountains also sometimes covered in forest.

If those bones are dragon bones, then...

I mean, the Ryu clan were feared and prosecuted, to the point of being victims of genocide, because people feared them for the power that came from their connection to the Genryu.

...All we know is that it happened prior to the First Shinobi World War. And none of those giant bones look like fossils.

I'm thinking that mayhaps there were other dragons, similar in nature to western dragons, like the Genryu, maybe more than one kind—those bones are pretty big compared to the Genryu—and they were slaughtered when one or more other nations invaded the Ryu Clan's lands because they were just animals that had unique abilities, not actual supernatural beings like the Genryu or creatures like the various summoned animals. More akin to the giant bugs and tigers in the Forest of Death than anything else...

Mayhaps the descendants of more mundane creatures that were mutated by generations of exposure to the potent, life-giving energy of the Genryu?

As for the dinosaurs... I think that might be a bit of a historical in-joke. dinosaur bones were believed to be dragon bones in several nations, primarily eastern ones, and the Japanese word for dinosaur, Kyoryu, literally means "fearsome dragon." (Pterasuars, Icythsuars, and Plesiosaurs are respectively "winged dragon," "fish dragon," and "long-necked dragon.") They are being revived from fossils, after all, and the big bad of that story was an archeologist.

Defining what Dragons are... The only hard canon we have is Ryuchi("Dragon Ground") Cave, where the snakes live. The summoned snakes have a number of traits associated with eastern dragons(notably, a reverse scale) and the end goal of their spiritual arts is apotheosis into a dragon-god.

Orochimaru is described as becoming akin to a Dragon God when he used his Eight-Branches technique, and Kabuto is considered to have become a dragon upon mastering and combining Snake Sage Mode and Sage Transformation

Comparing this to the depiction of the Genryu, which are both embodiments of the elements and sources of vital energy in western-dragon-inspired forms...

True dragons would be powerful supernatural beings, possibly higher-order beings like elementals, spirits, or gods, with reptilian or serpentine forms but would otherwise be pretty varied—the Genryu do not appear to be sentient, for one.

Then you'd have beings like the Summoned Snakes or my hypothetical "Genryu derived" dragons, which aren't real dragons but are dragonlike and have some degree of power—the snakes are sentient and have Jutsu, the "derivative dragons" would be very large and powerful animals.

And then you'd ahve mundane animals that are associated with dragons but have no actual supernatural powers, like the dinosaurs.

(I would assume that Dinosaur summons, should they exist, would be similar to the snakes in their level of dragonness, but I beleive that's your call.)
    Last edited by Rater202; 2022-11-24 at 11:18 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

(Sorry, sometimes I get inspired and carried away)

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Reread Naruto Chapter 1-

It is more charming then I remember- maybe as an adult I understand more-
    Few questions to the better Naruters.
    How the crystal ball works?
    What Mizuki were thinking to do with the scroll?
    If I understand, it was only for sealing Tailed Beasts?

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

in order:

1. that is the Telescope Technique an apparently A-rank Ninjutsu. the crystal ball is probably just a normal one

2. Mizuki...honestly its not really clear what is or isn't filler with him past chapter 1, going by manga alone is just a first chapter character meant to be a guy who hates Naruto and manipulates him into stealing the scroll of forbidden jutsu for whatever he wanted to use it for. if we include anime stuff, he is basically the most pathetic B-villain of Naruto, basically becoming a willing stooge to Orochimaru and one of his prototype cursed seals and wanting to steal the scroll of seals to Orochimaru for his own gain. its not clear what Orochimaru would've given him in return. But Mizuki was all in all, a pretty selfish and pathetic individual all things considered.

3. No, at least, not JUST the jutsu to seal the nine tailed fox. the scroll of seals of Konoha contains various dangerous forbidden jutsu that only the Hokage is allowed to read. such as the multi-shadow clone jutsu, probably things like the Hiraishin/Flying Thunder God Jutsu, the Edo Tensei/Impure World Reincarnation jutsu, the Reaper death Seal, I wouldn't be surprised if the Eight Gates were written on there, things like that. A jutsu to seal the nine tailed fox wouldn't be the only jutsu on that, but it would definitely probably be there given that canon Konoha no longer has an Uzumaki clan to safeguard that knowledge, so SOMEONE has to know it and pass it on and since its such high value and danger, that goes to the Hokage's eyes only. thus the Scroll of Seals is far more valuable than just a mere Tailed beast sealing jutsu, its instructions for far, far more which is a heck of a sentence given how dangerous the tailed beasts are. that scroll is used as a plot device in a lot of fan fiction for Naruto to learn all sorts of broken stuff early as a result. Its supposed to be guarded but early installment weirdness allowed academy student Naruto to steal it somehow offscreen.

so really, Mizuki depending on what he wanted to do with the Scroll of Seals, would either use it to become a very powerful shinobi if he could figure out ways around the downsides, or become incredibly rich from selling it off. given that he is a Chuunin and got beat by pre-character development, pre-lots of training kid naruto with swarms of shadow clone, his competence in using the scroll is highly questionable, even the anime doubts he could properly utilize its power and says its more probable he would just hand it off to Orochimaru for whatever he thinks Orochimaru would give him in return for that, though since its Orochimaru is more probable there is no reward; Mizuki is a just a fool and Orochimaru would probably just kill him or use him in some twisted experiment so that he can't go blabbing to people about who has access to the scroll of seals now, which fits given how he treats most of his other subordinates in original Naruto.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-12-05 at 11:23 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

the pills are... helping.

Also, tried to write backstories for Ameoku and Akogi and they are... long.

I think this Mafia game... is too long for PBP.

Do you want to roleplay the second game or get to the "meat and potatoes"?

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #53

If the meat and potatoes are the Atack by Ottomaru and his allies then yeah we should probably get to it sooner rather than later.

Sorry.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, pretty much, get to the meat and potatoes.

perhaps the rest of the events of the party can simply be handled....montage style. you give brief descriptions of what they are, we give brief descriptions of how our characters handle that event, and we move on.

I know you really wanted Kimiko Vs. Fukaimi in that wrestling party game, so that could just be a scene me and you do on the side while the rest of its the Ottomaru attack so that Rater doens't get bored or can't respond.

25. - Top - End - #55

Info from the latest chapter: It's possible to store the data of a Non-Otsutsuki in a Kama.

Amado's goal is to basically resurrect his dead daughter by loading her data into a Kama and then having it implanted into a clone of her—he eventually loads her data into Kawaki after Ishiki's soul is purged on the logic that Kawaki that Kawaki could then copy it and implant a kama with the relevant data into a suitable clone body.

This is basically his last-ditch effort after countless experiments with clones and implanted memories filed to revive her properly and he notes that it's possible that even if it did revive her it could revive her as an Otsutsuki.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

In before it goes terribly wrong, Amado gets some lesson about not bringing people back from the dead and this feature is never mentioned again. Oh but for bonus points, do it by forcing him to revive Boruto from the dead within a day of him dying because he is the protagonist, because if the protag dies suddenly the ability to bring back the dead is suddenly necessary and full of tearful sacrifice.

Been working on the Seven Swordsman of Yagura. Probably going to spread those sheets over two posts, but I've got great ideas for what seven swordsmen Yagura has, even started basing them on the seven deadly sins because it worked to helped explain diverse motivations and reasons for why the joined Yagura and why they don't turn against him. They only have four of the original swords of the mist though, the other three are custom made.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-12-25 at 10:13 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57

Boruto already came back from the dead.

Remember: Momoshiki programmed his Kama to contain enough of Boruto's data to rebuild his body, at the cost of not being able to fully take him over anymore, because it was a "if you die, I die" sitch and he figures that he might as well live long enough to see that horrible suff he predicted would happen, happen.

He also believed that if Bortuo experienced enough trauma that he'd retreat into his mind permenantly and he could just take over the body.

He notes that he'd already mostly converted Boruto into an Otsutsuki so in practice it's not too big of a setback.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Oh. Okay. Then it Sarada's turn to nearly die. she isn't upgraded yet, she has to replace dear ol' dad Uchiha somehow.

Anyways here is the first four of the Seven Swordsmen of Yagura, covering all the canon swords that Kirigakure has:

Nagarao Sushiba
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 7ft
    Weight: 180pds
    Species: Human
    Station: Prideful Swordsman of the Mist

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nagarao is tall, 7ft maybe, black hair in a well kept top knot, blue eyes, muscular, fair skin, wears the normal Kirigakure uniform, has some scars on his body but aside from that his appearance is very well kept, almost perfectionist in how maintained it is.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nagarao has great pride in his hard work philosophy and the strength that results, believing that he can he can accomplish anything by himself if needed. He thus rejects any summoning contracts and often assigns his own men to do things separate from himself. He looks down upon people who takes drugs to enhance their performance seeing it as a shortcut and holds a special hatred for cybernetics, seeing them as undeserved enhancements that turn people away from the valuable hard work that makes them truly strong. He secretly thinks that he is the true heart of Yagura's philosophy and regime and Yagura is a hypocrite for having a jinchuuriki in him but doesn't say it out loud.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Nagarao Sushiba in the academy, was considered an untalented loser. He was not that great most ninja art and he was only passable in taijutsu. The other kids in his class called him weak, unworthy of being a ninja. But he wanted to prove them wrong. He was going to become the strongest ninja that ever existed if it was the last thing he did. So he worked hard, harder and harder and when it was time he killed his partner at the graduation shinobi in a passionate rage and a for a moment people were scared of him.

But that passed. He continued to work hard on his techniques, his taijutsu, his ninjutsu, his strength, anything to prove he was strong. But he never got the recognition. He became strong and powerful sure, but his focus on doing that alone made him easy to manipulate, becoming nothing more than a pawn in the power games and little civil wars of the clans of Kirigakure. People would lead him on and use his strength for their gain, making him believe that people would acknowledge him for his help, but he'd always be passed over for a promotion, going instead to clan heirs and talented people who had been groomed since birth to get the positions they received. He soon came to understand that Kirigakure saw him as nothing but a brute and blunt weapon for whatever aim they wanted to achieve, all his hard work only making him a better workhorse to be run into the ground.

So he joined Yagura and help led the uprising against those who misused him, his undeniable immense strength being the battering ram that smashed through any of the clan's tricks. He killed the previous wielder of the Sever Sword, and commented that Kubikiribocho was a fitting blade for him when he received it: simple, least powerful, nothing fancy. He relied upon his own power to win and no one else's, so he needed no fancy tricks to fight with like other blades.

He now has a high position in Yagura's regime, being well paid and has pride in all his hard work. He views his story as a rags to riches one, of someone pulling themselves up by their bootstraps to make it big, and that this new regime was more fair, more run by merit and the sweat of your brow. A regime where you can work your way up the ranks to prove your a great shinobi instead of being born as one, and constantly says as such in propaganda, speeches and so on. He even aspires to teach new generation of the joys of hard work. Though they seem to constantly pant and tire and complain, kids these days don't know what it takes to do an honest hard day's work, whats needed to truly fight back against the Old Regime.

He even has thoughts that he represents the heart of New Kiri's regime more than Yagura does- after all, he is Jinchuuriki with an unfair advantage while Nagarao is nothing but a common man made extraordinary through great effort – but these conflict with the fact that his loyal to Yagura's cause, for Yagura is the person who inspired him to follow this cause in the first place, the fact that Yagura's power was just as instrumental to their success as anything else.

But he also looks out upon these cybernetic ninja, these drug-using ninja of yagura's regime and sees them as...impure. Corrupted. They forsake hard work for shortcuts and enhancements that could destroy them or make them inhuman. Why does Yagura allow them? Is this not one step away from genetic enhancement? Are they not close to becoming the very thing they are fighting against? Are the other ninja losing their way?

These thoughts trouble him, even as he continues the fight against the resistance, wondering if he shouldn't take control of Kirigakure himself.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taijutsu: S-rank
    Ninjutsu: S-rank
    Genjutsu Defense: A-rank

academy three jutsu, Water walking, wall-walking, body flicker technique

Sin: Pride
    Nagarao fully believes in his ideology of hard work will grant him victory over any kekkei genkai users or other ninja and is fully committed to Yagura's cause, but wishes he had more control over it to get rid of elements he deem impure, subconsciously thinking he knows Yagura's cause better than Yagura himself.

Cult of Hard Work:
    Nagarao believes wholeheartedly in hard work above all else, and all attempts to persuade him otherwise automatically fail whether in conversation or with genjutsu. This extends to issues like not taking a shortcut for anything, not showing mercy to anyone with a kekkei genkai, not accepting people with cybernetics or other enhancements, not accepting cheating in any circumstance, not caring about anyone who can't pull their weight no matter the circumstance and other such things He also has difficulty giving the people under him more breaks or chances to relax, difficulty accepting help from others and won't sign any summoning pacts because he believes he should be able to do things himself through hard work.
    However he is more susceptible to genjutsu that upholds or reinforces his beliefs, making him vulnerable to deception.

Tireless: S-rank
    Nagarao due to his constant hard training is near tireless in stamina and his chakra reserves have been expanded to be as great as a kage's. He can outlast nearly anyone and fight toe to toe with Jinchuuriki.

Super Strength: S-rank
    Though a combination of training and chakra flow, he can do feats of strength far beyond most ninja, such leaping far greater distances, run faster and greater distances, break through walls,

Super Durable: A-rank
    Through a combination of training and chakra flow, he withstand things that most ninja cannot, able to survive wounds that would otherwise be fatal, resist poisons and other maladies, withstand breaking through walls and windows.

Taijutsu: Throw Boulder, A-rank
    Nagaro can pick up nearby boulders and throw them at people

Taijutsu: Earth-Breaking Stomp, A-rank
    Stomps the ground to cause a minor quake

Taijutsu: Sky-Piercing Punch A-rank
    Punches so hard he unleash a vacuum blast that can blast through crowds of enemies and destroy structures in its way.

Fear Genjutsu: B-rank
    To prove that he can solve anything with hard work, Nagarao has done much to try and learn genjutsu, but he's only good at causing fear to people and can't seem to reach the heights of proficiency with Genjutsu other people can despite all his efforts.

Chakra armor: A-rank
    The user covers themselves in a pure thin chakra forcefield over their skin. It takes a hit for whatever comes for them, breaking instead of their body. Can make up to 5 layers around them.

Fire, Wind and Lightning Jutsu: A-rank
    While Nagaro's affinity is water, he knows a various assortment of jutsu from secondary natures through hard work to round himself out, only lacking in Earth release. He can even combine them to fake some combined nature releases in battle.

Acidic Water Release: A-rank
    Through pure hard work he has refined his water release into pure destructive blasts of acid and dissolution. He can also cast water release without needing any bodies of water, able to create it from his own chakra.

Water Release Nintaijutsu: Acidic Armor, A-rank
    A nintaijusu to surround himself in highly acidic water, providing a full body armor that dissolves things that touch it, his unarmed attacks deal such acidic damage to people when he touches them, having an entire fighting style of grappling to take advantage of it. Many consider him wielding a sword as holding back his true power because of it. However the acidic water doesn't dissolve everything at the same rate, as some things are simply harder to dissolve than others, or is completely immune to his acid.

Water Release: Tidal Wave Jutsu, S-rank
    This jutsu can only be performed near a big body of water such as the sea, big lake or a large river. When the proper hand signs are used it summons a big massive tidal wave or flood to crush the foe under the current, flooding everything in sight indiscriminately. The minimal amount of strength needed to use their jutsu is Jounin and they die in the process from pure chakra exhaustion. Kages can do it without dying but only when using it the normal way. When the kage is away from water and need to create all the water themselves from their own body, they die as well. Nagarao has some much chakra he can perform this once without dying at kage level.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kubikiribōchō, the Sever Sword:
    Wields the Sever Sword, capable of regenerating by absorbing the iron from people's blood, cut through anything and is incredibly durable. One of the Seven Swords of the Mist.

Kamiya Sanasa
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5ft
    Weight: 140pds
    Station: Wrathful Swordswoman of the Mist

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She light blue hair with a long ponytail, green eyes, and wears a sleeveless dark blue ninja uniform. The Nuibari looks like a giant needle with wire looped around it.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    While Kamiya is out for vengeance against Ryota for killing her parents, she generalizes her hatred for him to all kekkei genkai users to some degree, accepting other kekkei genkai combatants as substitutes until she can find the real deal. She has no idea that Ryota is dead. She however has doubts in her mind, thoughts that speak of what happen when she finally has to kill a child, or has to face a genin of the parents she has killed going for her. She tries to ignore it, but the idea of her own vengeance being turned back on her is terrifying.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kamiya Sanasa at eight years old, watched her two shinobi parents die at the hands of Ryota Ishikawa while she hid from view. They were rogue shinobi, leading a revolt against the Bloody Mist. The revolt failed and she was the only one left. But, she was found by Yagura and his followers, she exclaimed that she wanted revenge on Ryota for her parents death and to carry on her parents cause for a better Kirigakure. They took her in, trained her in kenjutsu and ninjutsu, by luck she had the two affinities: Earth and Lightning, to counter the ones the Ishikawas used.

She participated in the uprising that overthrew the old regime and by luck, managed to take the previous user of the Nuibari by surprise and kill him before he could do anything, earning her the blade itself at only 11 years old. But she could not find Ryota Ishikawa. He had escaped, and indeed as the year and the Third Shinobi War ended it seemed that he had disappeared from the world.

For years she has contented herself with killing the rebellious remnants of the Old Regime, with killing the bastards that oppressed her. A part of her remarks upon the irony of now being in Ryota's position but denies it and focuses on the fact that they had won, that Ryota and kekkei genkai nobles like him won't ever harm anyone again once they are done with this civil war. That she assures herself that she is nothing like Ryota and that she is saving people from the Bloody Mist's slaughter of those lower than them, that a more equal world will bring about a better one. She tries to suppress the whispers within asking “don't they have children to?” the taunting hisses within her mind going “are you not just as bad?”

But her desire for revenge grows, not satisfied with replacements. She wants to find Ryota Ishikawa and kill him once and for all for what he did to her, and if he is already dead? Then she'll just have to settle for his clan.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taijutsu: A-rank
    Ninjutsu: A-rank

Sin: Wrath
    Kamiya is wrathful and seeks to visit it upon anyone who fits her idea of an acceptable target to her mind, seeking out Kekkei Genkai users to kill them.

Counter-Paper Tactics:
    Knows various tactics and strategies to counter the jutsu and tactics of the Ishikawa Clan, as she wants to hunt them down personally.

Kenjutsu: Masterful Parrying, A-rank
    Can parry melee weapon attacks, kunai, shuriken, arrows or other small projectiles that she sees coming with ease. Can't parry anything coming from behind her, or any attack too large or powerful for her sword to turn aside.

Kenjutsu: Furious Blade Assault, A-rank
    Rushes forward to swing her weapon in a flurry of cuts and slashes to slice through her enemies.

Kenjutsu: Automatic Defense, B-rank
    Reflexively draws her weapon without conscious thought in response to danger

Agile Acrobatics: A-rank
    Has an agile and acrobatic fighting style that involves a lot of flips, jumps, running and dodging, that makes her fast and mobile

Earth and Lightning Release: A-rank
    Can make 5 shock clones, fire lightning at people, speed herself up using lightning release, focus lightning into her blade to better pierce through defenses, has various tricks for using small amounts of Earth in deadly ways,

Chakra Flow: Earth Nintaijutsu, A-rank
    With how much Kiri-Nin fight on the water, sources of Earth can be at many times in short supply, thus Kamiya has learned to channel her earth chakra throughout her entire body, making her skin into stone for offensive and defensive purposes.

Earth Release: Mud Puddle Spit, B-rank
    Spits mud from her mouth to restrain, on land it entangles one's feat in mud, on the water it fills a small area of water that is thicker than others that makes it hard to swim through and sticky to anyone walking over it.

Earth Release: Repeating Pebble Shots, B-rank
    Fires pebbles from a pouch of pebbles she carries around to attack people with bullet-speed pebble attacks

Seagull Summoning: A-rank
    Can summon various seagulls to help her and fly upon.

Nuibari: Earth Thorn Garrote, B-rank
    Uses the nuibari's wire to sew or bind others then channels earth chakra to spring rock spikes out of the wire to pierce people while they're entangled.

Nuibari: Electric Wire Shock, B-rank
    Shock people who has sewn though or entangle by Nuibairi's needles with lightning chakra

Nuibari: Fishing Hook, B-rank
    Creates a stone hook at the end of Nuibari's wire and throw it to pierce and enemy so she can throw them around or pull them closer.

Nuibari: Needle Flurry B-rank
    Furious stabs Nuibari into someone multiple times at high speeds

Nuibari: Boulder Mace-And-Chain, A-rank
    Creates a boulder at the end of Nuibari's wire that can be used as a weapon to smash through things and people.

Nuibari: Carbon Wire Reinforcement, A-rank
    Using Earth release, Kamiya reinforces Nuibari's wire to be as strong and sharp as carbon nanotubes, taking on similar properties to it

Nuibari: Wire Slaughter A-rank
    Uses the razor sharp wires of Nuibari to attack hordes of people at once, slaughtering them all to ribbons.

Nuibari: Needle Charge A-rank
    Charges forward at high speeds, thrusting the needle forward into people and through their body, then pulling it out the other side, continuing the charge to pierce other people with the wire trailing through the people pierced behind them.

Forbidden Jutsu: Demonic Vengeance Summon, A-rank
    A forbidden jutsu that sacrifices a person to summon a demon of vengeance on target she designates to kill them, this target can be wide or narrow as one is desires but the demon takes longer to kill more people. If the user sacrifices themselves, they can give one last command to kill the person they want which strengthens the jutsu to S-rank and makes the demon able to regenerate and more persistent, requiring greater measures to get rid of.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Nuibari, The Sewing Needle:
    A sword looking like a sewing need complete with wire on the end of its hilt. One of the Seven Swords of the Mist.

Imakura Ringo
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 6ft
    Weight: 140pds
    Station: Cybernetics and Tech Researcher Swordswoman of the Mist

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She has short red hair, electronic eyes with blue glowing irises and targeting reticles around them, wearing a white labcoat over a ninja uniform. She carries the Kiba Thundersworlds with her.

Her power armor that unfolds her is made of grey metal designed to be utilitarian and practical but has samurai inspirations due the cultural background she has.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Imakura has an interest in cybernetics and knows much about making them work. She has compassion for people with disabilities and made the cybernetics to help them. She also sees cybernetics as a way of making things more fair when fighting against people with kekkei genkai

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Imakura once a ninja of Old Kirigakure, saw the suffering of the people around her. The infirm and injured were left to die without any support rather than cared for, the medical jutsu being saved for the important shinobi fighting wars. She was a medical nin herself and defied orders to save people but was constantly reprimanded for wasting resources and chakra on noncombatants. This angered her. She wanted to help people, to do more than kill and fight, but to actually improve their lives and the shinobi in power were to focused on their power struggles to do so.

Her lightning affinity and compassion led her to trying to develop prosthetics for people who lost limbs, but her proposals for such inventions were rejected for anything but military use and when she protested the plans was taken from her to develop them into weapons. So When Yagura came to her to offer a place in his rebellion, she said yes. In the uprising, she slew the wielder of Kiba the two Thunder Swords and took them for herself and took back her plans for her inventions.

In the new Kirigakure under Yagura, she was given all the funding she could have for these prosthetics. With this research, she has not only developed cybernetics to help ordinary people and allowed to distribute them but also has developed new capabilities to defend the nation with them-her protest was with limiting the tech to only military use when it do so much more, not using them for fighting itself.

She continues to work on cybernetics as a way to get even with kekkei genkai and to help the less fortunate both. Imakura has some vague idea about Yagura's regime conquering others and fighting Old Kiri and whatnot, but is focused on her research, inventions and personal entertainment to view it as anything more than business as usual for the shinobi world- at least in this regime she had the opportunity to make the cybernetics to improve peoples lives instead of it going only towards shinobi nobles. People are going to suffer anyways, might as well get some benefit out of she figures.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

academy three jutsu, Water walking, wall-walking

Sin: Lust
    Her constant reading of dirty manga and other such sexual material of both men and women to distract herself from Yagura's regime in between working on her cybernetics makes her lustful. Genjutsu exploiting her lustful nature are more effective on her.

Lightning Release Expert: A-rank
    Can fire lightning attacks at her foes, speed herself up, power her inventions with lightning release, stun people with lightning,

Medical Jutsu: A-rank
    Has general healing knowledge, but knows jutsu that combines lightning and medical techniques and is specialized in jutsu to help with implanting cybernetics safely.

Kikaigan:
    A machine eye implant made by Yagura's regime, it is powered by the users chakra. It is designed to be utilitarian and useful rather than flashy or thematic. Its capabilities are designed and thus exist all at once rather than grown or developed.

Multi-Sight: B-rank
    The Kikaigan can see chakra, allowing them to resist genjutsu and analyze chakra better. Can also zoom in for a closer look and switch to night vision, as well as see through smoke, switch to thermal vision or x-ray vision.

Chakra Eye Beam: B-rank
    The Kikaigan can fire beams of chakra with the users gaze with a half-hand sign. These can be enhanced with nature release changes.

Chakra Holograms: B-rank
    The Kikaigan can create chakra holograms of anything the user can think of, but the size is limited to how much chakra they put into it. They cannot cast actual genjutsu using this ability.

Translation and Decryption Archive: C-rank
    The Kikaigan contains an archive of various codes and languages that people have used in the past and can automatically analyze, translate and decode anything they come across as long as the language or code is on a visual medium and has been entered in beforehand.

Guided Aim Program: C-rank
    The Kikaigan locks onto a target with high amounts chakra in it, then the user enhances a thrown object with chakra, connecting it the Kikaigans to aim to make the missile unerringly seek the locked on target.

Sharingan Emulation Mode: C-rank
    The Kikaigan attempts to emulate the sharingan's abilities by speeding up the users perceptions and memorizing the hand movements it sees to attempt to capture footage of hand signs. Does not grant genjutsu immunity or resistance.

Eye Storage: C-rank
    The Kikaigan Can store various things in the eye to take them out to use them like a scroll

Unfolding Mech Armor Transformation: A-rank
    An implant that uses advanced storage scroll ninjutsu to an unfold a mechanical exoskeleton around the user, providing A-rank strength, speed, and protection. With additional weaponry and features to use:
    -Fireball shooter: a wrist firearm that shoots a fireball at people
    -Tornado Driller: a shoulder cannon that shoots a tornado drill missile that pierces through things
    -Mini-Water Wave: With a stomp, fires a miniature tidal wave while on water to push way the foe, on land it makes earth spikes shoot out in a cone.
    -Rocket Boots: Uses chakra to rocket-fly short distances from her feet
    -Camouflage Field: uses chakra to make the mech armor camouflaged into the background, but doesn't do anything about sound.
    -Maybe some other features that could plausibly be apart of it without being too powerful.

Flying Mechanical Drones: B-rank
    Can take three flying mechanical drones from a storage scroll and use them to scout things out or fire lightning attacks from them.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kiba, the Thunderswords:
    Said to be sharpest swords ever forged, the user can transform and manipulate lightning freely, able to use their Lightning Release techniques without hand seals. They also boost the user's attack power to the highest limit, which allows them to perform high-level Lightning Release techniques, and likewise requires only the smallest amount of chakra. These blades can channel the user's own respective lightning techniques or They can conduct natural lightning, able to launch it from the sky to strike anywhere within a large area. Likewise, as long as there is natural lightning to access, the user can battle continuously without tiring. While meant to be used as a pair, the user can perform similarly with only a single blade. They can also be connected at the hilts to form a larger double-bladed sword, increasing its versatility as a weapon. They are able to perform various powerful techniques, such as to manipulate the blades from afar, leaving their hands free while attacking the opponent at different directions simultaneously. Even from afar, the user can channel chakra into the blades, amplifying them.

Personal Batteries:
    Has batteries of electricity to fill Kiba with electricity in case there is no thunderstorms around to power them.

Tatsubuchi Ebisaka
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 6.1ft
    Weight: 150pds
    Station: Greedy Swordsman of the Mist

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He has blonde hair done up in show-off-y hairystyle, light blue eyes, wears clothes with rich colors and velvet silks, orange square sunglasses with gold rims, a thin mustache and beard, and his headband is purple silk with golden plating.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He is a careful, long term planner, able to understand systems, numbers and order naturally. He is also a dealmaker, constantly seeking to broker a deal with people for his goals and put a on a friendly face when he needs to. He loves money, to some degree he agrees with Yagura or he wouldn't be loyal to him, but its not clear how much of his loyalty is true or just opportunistic. While he is greedy and is out for his own gain, he is also smart enough to recognize that his source of income depends on Yagura's regime remaining afloat and works to keep it that way, but its not clear how much he does it out of genuine belief in the cause or his own self-interest.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

In Old Kirigakure, Tatsubuchi was a competent ninja who made sure he did every job well so he could receive good pay. Despite this, Kirigakure never gave him this, always giving the higher paying jobs to clan members while he was stuck doing lower paying jobs despite being just as good as any Jounin. Thinking he deserved to be paid more, he joined Yagura to overthrow it.

Taking Shibuki from its previous owner, he quickly became one of the most vital people in Yagura's regime. His profit-seeking mind combined with his logistical insights made him a combination of treasurer, general, logistics expert, economist and financier for Yagura's empire. His grasp of these matters is what keeps Yagura's Kirigakure afloat, making sure enough money flows in to offset the costs of war, new research, and so on. He makes deals with whatever companies he can, devises strategies to cut costs when deploying troops and shinobi on missions, hiring privateers to harry the Resistance, keeps taxes at a wartime high, and so on to make sure all the balls are kept juggling in Yagura's favor.

However his new high position and the stress that comes from balancing the entire empire's checkbook is stressful and so he does things on the side to amass his own fortune despite the increased risk this poses to his job, figuring he deserves a cut of the pay for doing such a good job: embezzling funds to be a minor millionaire, selling kekkei genkai users he finds to slavers to fight in the Colosseum instead of killing them, dealing with mafias to sell them the more reliable inventions and innovations Kirigakure has made as well as get a cut of the profit from the drugs they sell to people in the Land of Water for not calling down the authorities on them, and various other measures to raise money for his own luxuries and pleasure in addition to keep Yagura's regime going.

The thought of just taking as much money as he can and leaving to some tropical nation has crossed his mind a couple times, but he recognizes that he wouldn't have the wealth he has without Yagura and knows he doesn't tolerate disloyalty.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sin: Greed
    His constant pursuit of profit leads him to conquer more lands and minor nations both satisfy his desire for wealth and to keep Yagura's war machine funded and his regime from running out of money.

Finance and Logistics Expert:
    Tatsubuchi is greedy but he is also a competent accountant, logistical expert and strategist. His constant cost-benefit analysis allows him to conquer lands with minimal resources for maximum gain, know when to retreat and cut his losses, pursue ventures and negotiations for his and the Yagurists benefit, plan the ongoing civil war effort so that Yagura's regime stays afloat and organize the armies and supply chains of Kirigakure and the Land of Water for optimal effectiveness.

Water and Fire Release: A-rank
    Can make five water clones, fire flame blasts at people, make sticky water puddles to restrict people's movement, make smokescreens, and other effects.

Crab Summoning: A-rank
    Can summon various crabs to help and battle with him.

Cybernetics: Gilded Fist, A-rank
    By making a deal with Imakura to always get her good funding, he has received access to some of her best cutting edge cybernetics she can make. The Gilded Fist has replaced his right arm, and allows him to Drain Ninjutsu attacks aimed at him as a defense then fire them back as one attack.

Drug: Regeneration Serum, A-rank
    By making a deal with Tamadiri, he has access to a drug called Regeneration Serum that greatly speeds up his ability to heal while its active for a few minutes, allowing to him to survive things that would normally kill him.

Black Market: Summon Rogue Shinobi Mercenaries, A-rank
    Can summon rogue shinobi mercenaries willing to sign a pact with a Yagurist for money. Has to pay them for their work.

Shibuki Techniques:
    Shibuki: Scatter Explosive tags, B-rank
    Uses shibuki to scatter explosive tags around the battlefield.

Shibuki: Explosive Trap, B-rank
    Places an explosive trap somewhere to be activated when they trip over it.

Shibuki: Exploding Mace-And-Chain, B-rank
    the user ties wire around Shibuki to use Shibuki as the end of a mace, throwing or swinging at range to make it explode

Shibuki: Exploding Ball, A-rank
    Uses chakra to form a big ball of explosive tags from Shibuki to throw at people to make a big explosion when it hits, destroying many foes.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Shibuki, the Blast Sword
    A blade of full of explosive tags, The sword itself features two distinct sides, with a narrow cutting edge located down the entirety of one length and a wide platform section on the other. The aforementioned scroll unrolls along this latter side, sliding downwards and resting atop its surface to form an individual segment comprised from numerous explosive tags, which separates from the remainder upon detonation. Only once the desired opponent comes into contact with the platform do the explosive tags finally ignite and then detach, providing a small opportunity for the user to escape the devastating blast radius, while simultaneously compensating for any resultant recoil. The sword is seemingly able to "reload" another segment of tags onto the platform automatically after each strike.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-12-26 at 11:32 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Interesting... Very interesting.

I can't help but note the hypocrisies: Old Kiri was bad but looking at it it seems like New Kiri's main difference is in who it favors.

Pride Swordsman for example seems to be overlooking the fact that he himself clearly has a natural talent that rarely happened to be more subtle than a bloodline. He calls younger ninja lazy for not being able to keep up with his workload and...

...Is he supposed to be a Boomer?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

I wouldn't say its a wrong interpretation, I'm a millennial in the US so.....its probably an inescapable influence.

Mostly my intention of Nagarao was taking the Rock Lee's problem/Hardwork/Naruto is a Hypocrite Misinterpretation of Naruto and making it into a person. Like Rock Lee he is immensely skilled at taijutsu and was once mistreated for his lack of talent in everything, like Rock Lee he overcomes this with a lot of work to be really strong but turns out to just have a talent for hard work himself that he doesn't realize and puts all his effort into working hard no matter what- is kinda what Rock Lee could've become if he took his initial philosophy too far. in another sense Nagarao believes of Yagura what some people believe of Naruto, that the Jinchuuriki somehow makes him a hypocrite just for having this power he didn't ask for and that he is the true hero of Kirigakure, when thats never been what the shows or Yagura's intentions were about.
    and yeah, any apprentice character I make for Nagarao is probably going to have some Overworked trait that brings down their stats when they should be higher.

Another thing I notice is that a lot of my Swordsmen have Medical jutsu knowledge to make their stuff work.

anyways, here is the last three Swordsmen, not sure if I like some of the details about Envious one's backstory, might change that once I get a better idea, and Tamani might also need some work on some of the details. like I wasn't sure whether Suzume to betray Ruyomi or vice versa.

Tamani Minediri
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5.5ft
    Weight: 130pds
    Station: Drug-addled Swordswoman of the Mist

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She has pink hair, normal purple eyes, black sleeveless ninja suit with pink lined arm and legwarmers, and wields the Kagaku-Ha a pink scimitar thats her drug blade.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tamani believes that Old Kirigakure deserved what happened to it, but that her lover was an exception to the rule. She goes out of her way to defend civilians and fight against injustice. She tries to maintain a moderate amount of dosages but during battle she can take far more dosages than normal. She is geeky when it comes to talking about medicine and pills and drugs, and loves seeing things in slow motion.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Tamani in Old Kirigakure was once a child in slums who like many others didn't get much food because the rations of Old Kirigakure were divided so that their shinobi and soldiers got the best food so they can fight better. These conditions made work to be accepted into the ninja academy to sovle this.

She became medical ninja who got real interested in pills and medicine. She wanted to develop a more cost-effective soldier pill to distribute to everyone to help solve hunger. She used her medicine to help treat people but also began to experiment with not just treating them but enhancing them after recovering some pills from a dead Akimichi. But the clans of Kirigakure suppressed the potential for her drugs to make sure the power unleashed by such pills didn't overtake theirs. Tamani then saw the suffering of civilians and her fellow ninja and felt compassion towards them. She turned to Yagura to get the funding to unleash the true potential of her research.

She fought for a better future, using slo-mo to match herself to the powerful kekkei genkai the clans possessed, her greater speed and perception of time allowing her to get an an edge over experienced jounin, as well as saving civilians from their cruelties. She used it so much she became addicted to the sensation of slowing down time, and she became known as the Pink Blur of Kirigakure as they won the revolution.

Now she produces drugs to enhance the performance of other ninjas contributing her knowledge and research to everyone. However despite her fighting the kekkei genkai users, she kept secret that she had fell in love with someone with a kekkei genkai that had escaped during the revolution and still hasn't reported to be dead. She now seeks her love to try and figure out how to save them, get them away from fighting the war on the other side, seeing them as an exception to kekkei genkai users being evil.

However she is still addicted to Slo-Mo, making her have to take it daily to keep functional. She knows Nagarao doesn't like or approve of her methods and won't budge on using them- not everyone can be the super-hard worker he is and need some other ways of shinobi with kekkei genkai and geniuses, nor can everyone make the commitment to use cybernetics.
    These concerns weigh on her mind as she continues to search, wary of the dangers of pursuit.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sin: Gluttony
    Tamani's addiction and excessive taking of drugs to boost her performance in battle and other things make her gluttonous

Slo-Mo Addict:
    She is addicted to Slo-Mo, and her body wants it constantly and thus needs to take it regularly to make sure she doesn't experience withdrawal. If she doesn't get her daily dose, she will experience massive penalties to all her ranks, leaving her highly vulnerable to capture or being killed.

Water Release: A-rank
    Can create five water clones, make attacks that inflict drug effects through the water, hidden mist jutsu and deliver the drugs effects through the mists effects as well, make a water dome zone on land for her water summons to swim in.

Dolphin Summoning: A-rank
    Can summon dolphins to help in battle, but needs water when on land.

She knows general medical jutsu, but is specialized in drug-based effects or jutsu that changes the chemical balance of the foe's body.

Drugstream Implant: A-rank
    A spinal cybernetic implant that injects prepared drugs into her body for various effects through using chakra control to activate it.
    -Slo-Mo Boost: speeds her up, making her see everything as if its in slow motion and react with reflexes to match her new speed
    -Second Sight Serum: allows her to see chakra in all its intricacies, including chakra pathways as well as see through various structures like walls
    -Focusing Drug: improves her focus, memory and ability to mold chakra, allow her to cast ninjutsu faster and with greater power.
    -Regeneration Serum: improves healing speed for a few minutes.
    -Other possible beneficial effects

Last Resort Pill: S-rank
    A pill that when taken replicates the effects of all Eight Gates opening, granting the user unparalleled power and chakra at the cost of burning out their life.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kagaku-Ha, The Chemical Blade:
    A sword of their own creation made to store and create various drugs for using in battle, and create more using her chakra
    -Hallucination
    -Berserker
    -Tranquilizer
    -Poison
    -Other possible detrimental effects

Agari Yoshiseki
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5.9ft
    Weight: 158pds
    Station: Secret Champion of the Excluded Middle and Slothful Swordsman of the Mist

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He has black wavy loose hair, an unshaven five o'clock shadow that never seems to become a full beard, wears dark navy shirt, a dun coat with vertical lines, bandages around his neck like a necklace, light purple pants. His sword is big, curved with a purple handle and pink cross guard

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Agari only ever considered the old regime evil, not every single kekkei genkai user. He thought this was what Yagura believed as well, but sees his hatred making him carry this farther. He spares and helps any innocent kekkei genkai user he finds such civilians or kids. However he fights any Kiri Resistance member he finds. He is lazy, and makes people do his work for him and no longer can commit himself to his cause entirely. Most likely to say things like “yare yare daze” or “how troublesome”.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Agari Yoshiseki actually was real talented, and his talents were recognized in Old Kirigakure. He aced every test without effort and soon became a Jounin, but didn't really put effort into anything, yet somehow was seen as a great shinobi by Kirigakure anyways. Yet he felt nothing about any mission, never was able to fully commit to anything, to care about what Kirigakure wanted him to do. However Agari looked upon all the injustices and cruelties that Old Kiri, and one day he could no longer stand by and stepped in to defend a civilian instead of doing his mission. The injustice made him commit to a cause for once, made him care about people. It felt good to care for once, to fight for some thing right.

This feeling made him fight against his oppressors, made him stand up against tyranny to try and make a better kirigakure, a better land of water for everyone. He was a lazy guy after all, but if there was one thing he was going to do right in this world, one thing he was going to put effort into, it was going to be something important, something that really made people happy on a wide scale. It was something he could truly get behind.

But then when the revolution was over, when the clans of Old Kiri had all retreated, when the daimyo was dead, when Yagura announced what he next....he said that the cause had not stopped. That they would continue until every kekkei genkai user in the world was dead, that the world would not be free until the clans and their bloodlines were all wiped out, redefining them all as “Danger Strains”. That the danger they posed was too great and that the new life they now lead needed to be spread to every nation so they can all be more equal and meritocratic.
    This...was not what Agari had fought for. He thought it would stop once they were control. He thought that once Old Kiri was out of power and on the run and that they could simply settle down to make a newer, better life for everyone. The other many kekkei genkai users had nothing to do with any of this. Ironically, New Kiri saw him as a great shinobi just as much as the Old Kiri did, but for different reasons thinking he was some secret hard worker rather than some unbelievable prodigy from birth.

This tainted his vision of a better world. The cause he thought was pure and good was anything but. But when he looked out the rest of the world, he could not see any government that worth supporting instead. His laziness, his apathy returned because he could find no cause worth supporting. Agari could not muster the courage to oppose Yagura directly, it was just so much effort, and how could he ever know what he did was right? Whether he'd ever be able to care for something good and right in this world when it all looks muddled, grey and complex without any clear answer. Its not as if the Kiri Resistance would accept him either, given what he did.

So instead, he half-heartedly continued to work for him while also letting any innocent kekkei genkai user go. It wasn't what he should do, wasn't the ideal thing the right thing, but it was a victory to him, an internal victory where he could perhaps save a few people that didn't deserve this. That maybe he could minimize the damage, that maybe one of the kekkei genkai users he saved would go onto to become the hero that would defeat them all and wipe the slate clean along with getting rid of him for assisting Yagura like this, for helping him to get this powerful.

Today he primarily goes on missions to try and minimize casualties, resigned to serving Yagura as lazily as he can.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Genjutsu: A-rank

Sin: Sloth
    Agari while being a good man has the sin of sloth, seeing the evil the atrocities that Yagura does while doing little to stop it, yet also makes him unable to fully commit to Yagura's cause. He has great natural talent to the point where he is equal to most other Jonin on only talent but he doesn't work hard to be greater.

Kenjutsu: A-rank
    Is good at normal kenjutsu, mostly coasting on his natural talent.

Wind and Water Release: A-rank
    Can make five water clones, and knows various wind and water jutsu for various purposes and attacks, as well as enhancing his blade with wind release using chakra flow. Can make a water zone for his summons to swim in.

Water Release: Water Sphere Jutsu, B-rank
    A spherical barrier jutsu made of water that can protect himself and up to four other people within it, needs concentration to maintain it

Water Release: Draining Water Tentacles, A-rank
    Attacks the foe with sticky water tentacles that drain chakra from those they grab.

Wind Release: Cloud Sponge Jutsu, B-rank
    Can make a defensive wall of clouds to absorb physical attacks, but can be burned away by Fire release easily.

Lethargic Genjutsu Repertoire: A-rank
    Knows various genjutsu to either slow people down, put them to sleep or otherwise render them lethargic, drowsy or otherwise slower or incapacitated.

Tortoise Summoning: A-rank
    Can summons various tortoises to fight and help him. They can help on land, but swim faster in water.

Let Someone Else Do it: A-rank
    Can summon other Yagurist ninja to do something for him, having persuaded them to sign a contract with him. But he has to persuade the ninjas to do the things he wants, though he has an advantage if they're under his command.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Mukiryoku-ha, The Lethargic Blade
    This sword in addition to be a sharp and near-indestructible blade, can emit pinkish-purple gas when chakra is run through it. This gas is a mix of both yang and yin release chakra, attacking both the victim's mind and body to make them slower and more lethargic in their movements with the effects progressing to them falling asleep entirely.

Ruyomi Ashidera
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5.7feet
    Weight: 146pds
    Station: Envious Swordswoman of the Mist.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She has long dark green hair, green eyes, wearing a dun long sleeve shirt with vertical lines, dark blue pants, and her Flare Blade is red-handled with an orange fiery-electric blade.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ruyomi is deceptive, constantly hiding her true colors from the people who hate kekkei genkai around her, all the while working to get more kekkei genkai to empower herself. While acknowledging that from one perspective she is becoming the very thing she fights against, she sees taking the kekkei genkai herself as a form of wealth redistribution as well as just what her teacher taught her to do.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ruyomi was once an apprentice of Suzume Yuki in Old Kirigakure. She became so because she was fascinated by kekkei genkai. Found them cool, wanted to study them, figure out how they work, or even.....get some for herself. Suzume took her on as an apprentice due to her genius mind and willingness to participate in whatever was asked of her for experiments to be successful. They both ignored some ethical considerations in what they did for what they wanted, having a desire for more knowledge, more power a thing in common.

But Ruyomi grew impatient and envious of those who can wield kekkei genkai, including her own teacher. Suzume would of course chastise her and tell her to be patient, no good science was done impatiently and it could be years before they finally found a solution. Teacher and student, they seemed inseparable, too similar to ever break up.

However her Envy grew and grew until one day she attacked her teacher, taking her bloodline and injecting it into herself recklessly, then taking the research and escaping from Suzume's wrath. She approached Yagura and told him that Suzume had attacked her, lying about her motivations for joining his cause, intending to only use his cause for her own desires- after all, no one is going care about what happens to kekkei genkai users in his regime so she could do what she wanted to gain them herself. To help out she created many of the custom blades that other swordsmen of yagura use as well as taught Kirigakure how to make such blades in general rather than normal katanas like Old Kirigakure.

After the revolution she to satisfy Yagura's desires for making people more genetically equal, began using her bio-engineering prowess towards creating the Katomaru and Dotomaru Clones- fire and earth affinity children to balance out Kirigakure's lack of those affinities so that Kirigakure would have more varied basic nature transformations to use. This was relatively easy for her to do to do, and she then got some assistants and front projects about curing detrimental genetic diseases that made people less capable than others to satisfy his desire for equality in that aspect as well- but really she just leaves that to the scientists interested in that so she can work on her own project to get more bloodline to get their power, having taken a Ketsuryugan and a Lava bloodline user, taking great effort to do so between all the people trying to kill them and the bloodline users keeping themselves in hiding.

But she isn't stupid. This probably can't last forever, so she has an escape plan ready to go so she can continue her work elsewhere.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sin: Envy
    Her desire and efforts to steal kekkei genkai from others to empower herself make her envious, and she continues to do so despite the danger of being found out by the Yagurists around her.

Ironic Talent:
    Ruyomi is a genius at multiple fields of science, possessing great talent and intelligence that allows her to great at bio-engineering, chakra sword-making, and mechanical engineering and so on but her own envy blinds her to what makes her special as she seeks to steal kekkei genkai from others. This often leads her to easily solving problems for others while not thinking much of the accomplishment, even if its something no one has ever done before.

Kenjutsu: A-rank
    Has a good grasp of kenjutsu to fight without using the bloodlines she has stolen

Learned medical jutsu under Suzume Yuki, allowing to her learn how to steal bloodlines and bestow them on herself in a process similar or the same as one that empowered Ottomaru. But also grants her super strength, and various other medical jutsu tricks.

Octopus Summoning: A-rank
    Can summons octopuses to help her fight and other tasks, but the octopuses are faster and more mobile in water.

Octopus Enhancements: A-rank
    Has genetically modified herself to able to grow octopus tentacles from her arms, spit ink from her mouth and to a degree shape shift for camouflage and become flexible to fit through small cracks. Most Yagurists just assume these are just Yang release techniques when they see them.

Stolen Bloodlines:
    -Ice Release, A-rank
    Knows some techniques that Suzume used to do, as well as few she came up with herself
    -Ketsuryugan, B-rank
    Can cast genjutsu on people mostly
    -Lava Release, C-rank
    Knows a few minor techniques for lava, not having really grasped it well yet.

Forbidden Jutsu: Dark Gate of Desperate Escape, A-rank
    In case she is discovered or in danger, Ruyomi has this jutsu, sacrificing a person to open a mystical purple torii gate to escape to somewhere else in the world, emerging on the other side in a random part in the world having no control over the destination. If someone goes through the gate first it closes the gate, preventing her escape and requires her to sacrifice another person to open it again and won't go to the same destination twice in a row.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hakka-Ha,The Flare Blade:
    A sword invented by Ruyomi that successfully combines Fire and Lightning Release to create what she calls Flare Release in a straight blade of orange heat and piercing power greater than lightning or fire alone. It can extend using chakra flow, and fire laser like beams with a swing. She only made it to draw attention so that people wouldn't suspect her of her research to steal bloodlines from others, as well as fight without tipping her hand.