Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 2

Okay, then.

our goals are basically:
    -have Kimiko fight Baku
    -have Senko fight White Oni

for these conditions to be met, everyone else needs to be out of the way. both genin and chuunin need to be distracted, including something to plausibly distract the Jonin level Ameoku. Looking into it, the puppets of the Moon Clan don't seem that different from regular ones and aren't quite at the level of autonomous puppets can be controlled from a far but can't operate on their own, good for most opponents but Ameoku he'll probably make a Water clone to fight her and I'll just say he is powerful enough for a clone of him to keep Ameoku busy for whatever length of time we need.

so. probably just have other chuunin and genin fight the puppets offscreen in two separate groups, we don't need to cover fights that don't have much of an outcome, throw up barriers by puppets with seals to project them to contain the two groups if we really need additional explanation, we don't really need to involve anyone else and just do this very tightly and focused on what we want to happen.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground

Yeah, that should work.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #93

I did some research on Code, our source of info for White Kama.

So to reiterate what we already knew, the White Kama can't absorb chakra.

It also can't be used to access Time-Space Jutsu.

The White Kama, it seems... Doesn't rewrite your DNA. It's just power and, when you can access it, skill.

The power it offers is greater than the Black Kama but not as powerful as the actual Otsutsuki.

When Code uses the Wite Kama, he doesn't grow horns and doesn't develop Ishiki's dojutsu.

Apparently, if you have a Kama but aren't inhabited by an Otsutsuki's soul, you can be implanted with another Kama: The idea of using a "Boruto" Kama to let Bort cheat death and escape from Momoshiki's influence and Kawaki suggests using Code.

...I'm not sure, however, what makes him think that Code would be any more compatible with Bort than he was with Ishiki.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Is this a revising of preference of Kama, since the white kama can't rewrite the DNA? Or simply a statement of fact?

though it does make sense that a White Kama doesn't rewrite any DNA: no dna information on there, nothing to apply to the body. and I guess if the Otsutsuki are bio-engineering themselves they'd want to keep their FTL travel/dimension hopping abilities to themselves.

also an idea I've had while reading about xianxia cultivators. It might possible that the Otsutsuki clan can be seen as a twisted evil version of a cultivator, being immortality seekers of incredible power who can cause great destruction to the worlds they visit and willing to speed up getting that immortality by growing some plant that can grant life-extending and empowering properties while holding little care for anything outside of that. I don't know how probable they're related but it does seem to be an oddly close similarity and Naruto takes from a lot of asian sources for its material.

5. - Top - End - #95

Just a statement of fact.

Though it does give another reason to use White—no Dojutsu, no Rinnesharignan until Senko does the work to get it herself.

You're not the first person to make the observation that the Otsutsukis are basically cultivators. They're pursuing godhood by consuming energy and using it to evolve themselves both physically and spiritually, that's basically the main definition.

Gien that a lot of Xianxia web novel protagonists are just... Complete *******s, and that some stories have gods, demons, or monsters who cultivate as just a natural byproduct of their life cycle, they're not even that far out there. I could definitely see a Xianxia protagonist eating planets to cultivate.

I've also stated at least once that Senko is low-key a Cultivator: She's modifying her body to modify her energy, including taking in energy that she wouldn't normally have access to, and improving her body in the process while also pursuing matters of enlightenment to improve her ability to use that energy.

Later goes in her development includes taking synthetic pills to help her cultivate more energy within her body, and mastery of certain ways of using that energy(the elements) in order to refine that energy.

Not to mention that becoming an Otsutsuki would in and of itself be an act of physical and spiritual evolution while allowing for further evolution by directly consuming energy.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #96

I was gonna do the sword thing after Senko got Sage Mode, but as I was typing her conversation with Menko... This Morning it just sort of...

It made more sense that making the effort to overcome her self-destructive tendencies make more sense to happen before she unlocked her sage mode.

My orignal thought was that the tanto would be her "training wheels" and she'd get the proper sword of Kusanagi later but the more I thought about it... turning the symbol of her self-destructive tendencies into the symbol by which she swears the oath to succeed in her quest felt more thematically appropriate.

So, the tanto is reforged into a personal copy.

Of course, Senko isn't trained to use a sword so it won't really be seeing much use in the near future.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

I'm sorry.
    Struggling with mental issues (anxieties...)
    pills and their after affects.
    (Basicly being always tired.. headache and general zombie-ish mode)
    looking for psycheatric to get more exact pills.

I'll try to catch up..
    though I tell to myself everyday and just falling asleep.

I am extremly sorry. Everytime I think I manage to get to my usual online activity... but then I feel so tired and numb.

I understand if you are skipping ahead and stuff, I'l try to catch up...
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Igor, this is exactly why I keep telling you not to worry and none of this is your fault. its fine if your having troubles that constantly make you to sleepy to post, I want to make sure your having fun, not that your guilty over missing out. its okay to just say "I need to take a break to sort out some issues I'm having" then come back when things aren't so rocky.

now sure, the arc has been missed and now has to be done at a later date, that sucks, but if your feeling guilty about not posting, Don't. we're here to have fun, if your not having fun, sort out whatever it is first, so you can come here and have fun, because I feel like your just dragging yourself in out of obligation.

Unfortunately, Team 3's formation has already been decided, and that attack has already happened and we can't rewind time. I'm sorry if doing has screwed things and caused hurt feelings. So. what do we do here? Where do we put Usagi now? I've learned from last time and left the reasons why the team change around open and didn't focus on it, so......

@ Rater: also? I told you so Rater. I told you that Igor was fine (well kinda, zombie mode, anxieties and headaches sound horrible man) and probably just busy on the holidays, and look I was right. Your the one who decided to start worrying again when its just Igor not being able to post because of other things in his life. Lo and behold, I was right again but these kinds of situations are cyclical, a cycle we can't help to break because we're people on the internet and Igor needs to do things in his real life to fix it.

like this has happened so many times, I'm tired of the drama. The cycles clear to me. Someone who keeps falling asleep because of some medication they probably need simply can't GM. Which isn't say its impossible, but I'd prefer it Igor gets some things sort out so he can have some actual fun and feel like he can post without apologizing before he takes on the hardest job in roleplaying.

9. - Top - End - #99

Yeah.

At this point, Igor... You should just post when you have the energy to post and if you need a recap ask for one and we'll give it to you.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

You can NPC Usagi I guess-
    or maybe the rabbit queen put her in a coma as a punishment or something...
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

coma's too extreme. I learned from the whole uh....team assessment debacle with Odayama that doing extreme things and putting a spotlight on the change doesn't end well. the more you focus on the more turns into something like One More Day, and thats never a good result.

Lets just say Usagi is on some team with two nameless rando Sound genin for the Exam or something, don't focus on the details of why or how too much, and say that she is around in Chuunin Exams in some vague manner and that Igor can just.....have her post whenever. leave the details up in the air. She just chooses to follow Team 3 outside the Exams in Konoha or wherever and is just with her the other vague team whenever else.

12. - Top - End - #102

More notes on the Kama: Apparently the final process of being overwritten by an Otutsuki only happens if the Otsutusuki is dead, so... So unless you want to change that Kimiko can only be influenced or possessed, not killed, given that Kaguya is in sort of a halfway state.

I'm seeing contradictory information on how long it takes to fully extract a Kama without resonance. I'm seeing as little as a year but I can't find a primary source.

The only meaningful difference between fully extracted and partly extracted I can find is that Jigen, who we know for sure was fully extracted, had markings all across his body while everyone else only has them on half their body.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

I mean Kimiko only being able to be possessed or influenced works with the setting's premise of being lower powered, preventing an actual Kaguya resurrection and thus raising that power level, and with White Oni not knowing everything about the Kama? He knows enough to glean what is important to him, but doesn't have all the information, just like we don't really have all the information about what Kama's do.

like it makes sense that Kaguya, trapped between life and death can't use the Kama to its full potential. This also, hilariously means that one of her plans to get back to life might be to get someone to kill her. Which a lot of the ninja world operating on assassin/soldier moralities would be all too happy to do if they don't know any better. which might lead to the rare sentence of "to prevent Kaguya from coming back to life, we must not kill Kaguya!" heheheheheh.

though even if she gets out somehow, Kaguya could probably be weakened from a lack of chakra and not be at the full fighting power she is in canon.

there is no problem with what you just said, it works to keep everything the way we want while still providing a downside to Kimiko's one that yours doesn't have.

14. - Top - End - #104

Thing is? Kaguya can't die.

Like, there's a reason why the plan both times was to rip out her chakra and seal her in the moon.

She'd like, have to let someone fully destroy her physical body and even then she'd probably stick around as a force ghost. Like Hogoramo and Hamura.

Kaguya as she is now is... Basically, a mind trapped in a hollowed-out corpse. The Demonic Statue of the Outer Path effectively is her body but her mind has no control of it. If she got out, she'd just be... Piloting the statue. She'd be a big physical threat but other than generating "absorption" chakra and restricting chains not particularly powerful.

Though that does raise the question: Is the data in the Kamas Kaguya in her prime, or Kaguya as she is now? I imagine she wouldn't go for something that would just revive her as another giant chakra-less living corpse that she has no control of.

...Speaking of corpses, would Shibai's body still be somewhere on Earth waiting for someone to discover it?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

The first sounds like a conclusion that isn't fun, and that sounds like a question that isn't in our roleplay's interest to answer definitively until we come up with a plot to do with Kaguya breaking free that we like/is interesting. as for this:
    ...Speaking of corpses, would Shibai's body still be somewhere on Earth waiting for someone to discover it?
    Now your thinking with your noggin. To which I say "Maybe, but don't expect there to be no opposition for finding that if there is". same goes for Isshiki. Wherever they are, if they are anywhere, if we come up with a good plot for it.

16. - Top - End - #106

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    The first sounds like a conclusion that isn't fun, and that sounds like a question that isn't in our roleplay's interest to answer definitively until we come up with a plot to do with Kaguya breaking free that we like/is interesting. as for this:
    I mean, it would be kind of important to figure out how much power is in the Kamas.

Whatever version of Kaguya is backed in the Kama, a fraction of that is how much power and in theory what techniques to draw on.
    Now your thinking with your noggin. To which I say "Maybe, but don't expect there to be no opposition for finding that if there is". same goes for Isshiki. Wherever they are, if they are anywhere, if we come up with a good plot for it.
    My thoughts are that if Shibai's body is around that's a later thing... That's like a "Shipuden" thing.

Like, I would imagine that his cells make Hashirama's cells look like Mycoplasma mycoides given how advanced he supposedly is and a successful graft of his DNA is enough to turn a people into an Akatsuki-level threat.

This is a "someone else found it but doesn't know what it is, we have to get it before it falls into the wrong hands" thing or a "All hell broke loose, we need to find a las minute power up" thing.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-01-25 at 01:28 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #107

I'm trying to brainstorm ideas for how to cultivate a Whate Kama user to full Otsutsuki status without having to eat a Chakra fruit.

I know that's not really gonna be a thing for a while now but I feel that having options makes sense.

Option 1: Asorb the remains of an ascended Otsutsuki such as Shibai. Not really my idea, I got it from a Jumpchain document.

Option 2: Merge with/absorb a God Tree or the remains of God Tree that has produced a chakra fruit. Kind of similar to the above.

Option 3: What's most likely to happen with Senko, just... Become close, physiologically and in terms of chakra signature, to an Otsutsuki as possible, obtained the chakra of the nine-tailed beasts, cultivate that power to the point where it rivals the Ten-Tails, Master the use of the Kama, Master Six Paths Sage Mode, and then use them together.

Option 4: Absorb a living Otsutsuki who has consumed the total equivalency of at least one chakra fruit.

Edit: Unrelated, I imagine that Seenninka+Hashirama Cells+Uzumaki life Force+Sakon and Ukon's bloodline adds up to "Basically a mini-shinju"
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-01-27 at 03:36 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, I had just watched all of Persona 5 Royal in a video to get that story out of the way (my impression of it at the end is "So Persona is Anime Mage the Ascension, got it") and also been trying to figure out how to make Team 7 react to casually admitting you have the snake contract because they care less far less than most but one of them still cares to some degree and I'm trying to figure out how to handle it.

19. - Top - End - #109

Understandable. SMT and Persona are full of weird conceptual bull**** that can take a while to digest.

As for reaction... If you gotta take your time you gotta take your time.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #110

So, I'm seeing some people who are speculating that the Light Genryu would be a Shinju level threat.

Assuming that they're talking about the Ten-Tails from the Forth Ninja War, that's ludicrous. The game might not be canon but the Dragon Blade doesn't provide that big of a power boost and Naruto beat the Light Genryu by himself... But now I'm second guessing whether or not I'munderselling it by pegging its power level to be roughly equal to Shukaku.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #111

So something that I missed until now: Apparently the Hyuuga Clan don't just have full control of their tenketsu, their chakra is also more powerful than average.

Like, they don't have more per se, it's just that what they have more potent. Looking for details... The main house of the Hyuuga family all apparently directly inherited traces of Hamura's chakra... And since the branch house are mostly main house members who were arbitrarily decided to be demoted due to birth order or their children there of, I would assume that most of them have it, or at least part of it, as well.

Apparently, that's why Bort is so powerful even as a child: Potent chakra from mom combined with, admittedly watered down, Uzumaki Life force and big reserve genes from dad. Which, coupled with growing up in an environment that's supported his talents...

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks