Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 2

Okay, then.

our goals are basically:
    -have Kimiko fight Baku
    -have Senko fight White Oni

for these conditions to be met, everyone else needs to be out of the way. both genin and chuunin need to be distracted, including something to plausibly distract the Jonin level Ameoku. Looking into it, the puppets of the Moon Clan don't seem that different from regular ones and aren't quite at the level of autonomous puppets can be controlled from a far but can't operate on their own, good for most opponents but Ameoku he'll probably make a Water clone to fight her and I'll just say he is powerful enough for a clone of him to keep Ameoku busy for whatever length of time we need.

so. probably just have other chuunin and genin fight the puppets offscreen in two separate groups, we don't need to cover fights that don't have much of an outcome, throw up barriers by puppets with seals to project them to contain the two groups if we really need additional explanation, we don't really need to involve anyone else and just do this very tightly and focused on what we want to happen.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground

Yeah, that should work.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #93

I did some research on Code, our source of info for White Kama.

So to reiterate what we already knew, the White Kama can't absorb chakra.

It also can't be used to access Time-Space Jutsu.

The White Kama, it seems... Doesn't rewrite your DNA. It's just power and, when you can access it, skill.

The power it offers is greater than the Black Kama but not as powerful as the actual Otsutsuki.

When Code uses the Wite Kama, he doesn't grow horns and doesn't develop Ishiki's dojutsu.

Apparently, if you have a Kama but aren't inhabited by an Otsutsuki's soul, you can be implanted with another Kama: The idea of using a "Boruto" Kama to let Bort cheat death and escape from Momoshiki's influence and Kawaki suggests using Code.

...I'm not sure, however, what makes him think that Code would be any more compatible with Bort than he was with Ishiki.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Is this a revising of preference of Kama, since the white kama can't rewrite the DNA? Or simply a statement of fact?

though it does make sense that a White Kama doesn't rewrite any DNA: no dna information on there, nothing to apply to the body. and I guess if the Otsutsuki are bio-engineering themselves they'd want to keep their FTL travel/dimension hopping abilities to themselves.

also an idea I've had while reading about xianxia cultivators. It might possible that the Otsutsuki clan can be seen as a twisted evil version of a cultivator, being immortality seekers of incredible power who can cause great destruction to the worlds they visit and willing to speed up getting that immortality by growing some plant that can grant life-extending and empowering properties while holding little care for anything outside of that. I don't know how probable they're related but it does seem to be an oddly close similarity and Naruto takes from a lot of asian sources for its material.

5. - Top - End - #95

Just a statement of fact.

Though it does give another reason to use White—no Dojutsu, no Rinnesharignan until Senko does the work to get it herself.

You're not the first person to make the observation that the Otsutsukis are basically cultivators. They're pursuing godhood by consuming energy and using it to evolve themselves both physically and spiritually, that's basically the main definition.

Gien that a lot of Xianxia web novel protagonists are just... Complete *******s, and that some stories have gods, demons, or monsters who cultivate as just a natural byproduct of their life cycle, they're not even that far out there. I could definitely see a Xianxia protagonist eating planets to cultivate.

I've also stated at least once that Senko is low-key a Cultivator: She's modifying her body to modify her energy, including taking in energy that she wouldn't normally have access to, and improving her body in the process while also pursuing matters of enlightenment to improve her ability to use that energy.

Later goes in her development includes taking synthetic pills to help her cultivate more energy within her body, and mastery of certain ways of using that energy(the elements) in order to refine that energy.

Not to mention that becoming an Otsutsuki would in and of itself be an act of physical and spiritual evolution while allowing for further evolution by directly consuming energy.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #96

I was gonna do the sword thing after Senko got Sage Mode, but as I was typing her conversation with Menko... This Morning it just sort of...

It made more sense that making the effort to overcome her self-destructive tendencies make more sense to happen before she unlocked her sage mode.

My orignal thought was that the tanto would be her "training wheels" and she'd get the proper sword of Kusanagi later but the more I thought about it... turning the symbol of her self-destructive tendencies into the symbol by which she swears the oath to succeed in her quest felt more thematically appropriate.

So, the tanto is reforged into a personal copy.

Of course, Senko isn't trained to use a sword so it won't really be seeing much use in the near future.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

I'm sorry.
    Struggling with mental issues (anxieties...)
    pills and their after affects.
    (Basicly being always tired.. headache and general zombie-ish mode)
    looking for psycheatric to get more exact pills.

I'll try to catch up..
    though I tell to myself everyday and just falling asleep.

I am extremly sorry. Everytime I think I manage to get to my usual online activity... but then I feel so tired and numb.

I understand if you are skipping ahead and stuff, I'l try to catch up...
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Igor, this is exactly why I keep telling you not to worry and none of this is your fault. its fine if your having troubles that constantly make you to sleepy to post, I want to make sure your having fun, not that your guilty over missing out. its okay to just say "I need to take a break to sort out some issues I'm having" then come back when things aren't so rocky.

now sure, the arc has been missed and now has to be done at a later date, that sucks, but if your feeling guilty about not posting, Don't. we're here to have fun, if your not having fun, sort out whatever it is first, so you can come here and have fun, because I feel like your just dragging yourself in out of obligation.

Unfortunately, Team 3's formation has already been decided, and that attack has already happened and we can't rewind time. I'm sorry if doing has screwed things and caused hurt feelings. So. what do we do here? Where do we put Usagi now? I've learned from last time and left the reasons why the team change around open and didn't focus on it, so......

@ Rater: also? I told you so Rater. I told you that Igor was fine (well kinda, zombie mode, anxieties and headaches sound horrible man) and probably just busy on the holidays, and look I was right. Your the one who decided to start worrying again when its just Igor not being able to post because of other things in his life. Lo and behold, I was right again but these kinds of situations are cyclical, a cycle we can't help to break because we're people on the internet and Igor needs to do things in his real life to fix it.

like this has happened so many times, I'm tired of the drama. The cycles clear to me. Someone who keeps falling asleep because of some medication they probably need simply can't GM. Which isn't say its impossible, but I'd prefer it Igor gets some things sort out so he can have some actual fun and feel like he can post without apologizing before he takes on the hardest job in roleplaying.

9. - Top - End - #99

Yeah.

At this point, Igor... You should just post when you have the energy to post and if you need a recap ask for one and we'll give it to you.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

You can NPC Usagi I guess-
    or maybe the rabbit queen put her in a coma as a punishment or something...
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

coma's too extreme. I learned from the whole uh....team assessment debacle with Odayama that doing extreme things and putting a spotlight on the change doesn't end well. the more you focus on the more turns into something like One More Day, and thats never a good result.

Lets just say Usagi is on some team with two nameless rando Sound genin for the Exam or something, don't focus on the details of why or how too much, and say that she is around in Chuunin Exams in some vague manner and that Igor can just.....have her post whenever. leave the details up in the air. She just chooses to follow Team 3 outside the Exams in Konoha or wherever and is just with her the other vague team whenever else.

12. - Top - End - #102

More notes on the Kama: Apparently the final process of being overwritten by an Otutsuki only happens if the Otsutusuki is dead, so... So unless you want to change that Kimiko can only be influenced or possessed, not killed, given that Kaguya is in sort of a halfway state.

I'm seeing contradictory information on how long it takes to fully extract a Kama without resonance. I'm seeing as little as a year but I can't find a primary source.

The only meaningful difference between fully extracted and partly extracted I can find is that Jigen, who we know for sure was fully extracted, had markings all across his body while everyone else only has them on half their body.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

I mean Kimiko only being able to be possessed or influenced works with the setting's premise of being lower powered, preventing an actual Kaguya resurrection and thus raising that power level, and with White Oni not knowing everything about the Kama? He knows enough to glean what is important to him, but doesn't have all the information, just like we don't really have all the information about what Kama's do.

like it makes sense that Kaguya, trapped between life and death can't use the Kama to its full potential. This also, hilariously means that one of her plans to get back to life might be to get someone to kill her. Which a lot of the ninja world operating on assassin/soldier moralities would be all too happy to do if they don't know any better. which might lead to the rare sentence of "to prevent Kaguya from coming back to life, we must not kill Kaguya!" heheheheheh.

though even if she gets out somehow, Kaguya could probably be weakened from a lack of chakra and not be at the full fighting power she is in canon.

there is no problem with what you just said, it works to keep everything the way we want while still providing a downside to Kimiko's one that yours doesn't have.

14. - Top - End - #104

Thing is? Kaguya can't die.

Like, there's a reason why the plan both times was to rip out her chakra and seal her in the moon.

She'd like, have to let someone fully destroy her physical body and even then she'd probably stick around as a force ghost. Like Hogoramo and Hamura.

Kaguya as she is now is... Basically, a mind trapped in a hollowed-out corpse. The Demonic Statue of the Outer Path effectively is her body but her mind has no control of it. If she got out, she'd just be... Piloting the statue. She'd be a big physical threat but other than generating "absorption" chakra and restricting chains not particularly powerful.

Though that does raise the question: Is the data in the Kamas Kaguya in her prime, or Kaguya as she is now? I imagine she wouldn't go for something that would just revive her as another giant chakra-less living corpse that she has no control of.

...Speaking of corpses, would Shibai's body still be somewhere on Earth waiting for someone to discover it?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

The first sounds like a conclusion that isn't fun, and that sounds like a question that isn't in our roleplay's interest to answer definitively until we come up with a plot to do with Kaguya breaking free that we like/is interesting. as for this:
    ...Speaking of corpses, would Shibai's body still be somewhere on Earth waiting for someone to discover it?
    Now your thinking with your noggin. To which I say "Maybe, but don't expect there to be no opposition for finding that if there is". same goes for Isshiki. Wherever they are, if they are anywhere, if we come up with a good plot for it.

16. - Top - End - #106

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    The first sounds like a conclusion that isn't fun, and that sounds like a question that isn't in our roleplay's interest to answer definitively until we come up with a plot to do with Kaguya breaking free that we like/is interesting. as for this:
    I mean, it would be kind of important to figure out how much power is in the Kamas.

Whatever version of Kaguya is backed in the Kama, a fraction of that is how much power and in theory what techniques to draw on.
    Now your thinking with your noggin. To which I say "Maybe, but don't expect there to be no opposition for finding that if there is". same goes for Isshiki. Wherever they are, if they are anywhere, if we come up with a good plot for it.
    My thoughts are that if Shibai's body is around that's a later thing... That's like a "Shipuden" thing.

Like, I would imagine that his cells make Hashirama's cells look like Mycoplasma mycoides given how advanced he supposedly is and a successful graft of his DNA is enough to turn a people into an Akatsuki-level threat.

This is a "someone else found it but doesn't know what it is, we have to get it before it falls into the wrong hands" thing or a "All hell broke loose, we need to find a las minute power up" thing.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-01-25 at 01:28 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #107

I'm trying to brainstorm ideas for how to cultivate a Whate Kama user to full Otsutsuki status without having to eat a Chakra fruit.

I know that's not really gonna be a thing for a while now but I feel that having options makes sense.

Option 1: Asorb the remains of an ascended Otsutsuki such as Shibai. Not really my idea, I got it from a Jumpchain document.

Option 2: Merge with/absorb a God Tree or the remains of God Tree that has produced a chakra fruit. Kind of similar to the above.

Option 3: What's most likely to happen with Senko, just... Become close, physiologically and in terms of chakra signature, to an Otsutsuki as possible, obtained the chakra of the nine-tailed beasts, cultivate that power to the point where it rivals the Ten-Tails, Master the use of the Kama, Master Six Paths Sage Mode, and then use them together.

Option 4: Absorb a living Otsutsuki who has consumed the total equivalency of at least one chakra fruit.

Edit: Unrelated, I imagine that Seenninka+Hashirama Cells+Uzumaki life Force+Sakon and Ukon's bloodline adds up to "Basically a mini-shinju"
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-01-27 at 03:36 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, I had just watched all of Persona 5 Royal in a video to get that story out of the way (my impression of it at the end is "So Persona is Anime Mage the Ascension, got it") and also been trying to figure out how to make Team 7 react to casually admitting you have the snake contract because they care less far less than most but one of them still cares to some degree and I'm trying to figure out how to handle it.

19. - Top - End - #109

Understandable. SMT and Persona are full of weird conceptual bull**** that can take a while to digest.

As for reaction... If you gotta take your time you gotta take your time.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #110

So, I'm seeing some people who are speculating that the Light Genryu would be a Shinju level threat.

Assuming that they're talking about the Ten-Tails from the Forth Ninja War, that's ludicrous. The game might not be canon but the Dragon Blade doesn't provide that big of a power boost and Naruto beat the Light Genryu by himself... But now I'm second guessing whether or not I'munderselling it by pegging its power level to be roughly equal to Shukaku.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #111

So something that I missed until now: Apparently the Hyuuga Clan don't just have full control of their tenketsu, their chakra is also more powerful than average.

Like, they don't have more per se, it's just that what they have more potent. Looking for details... The main house of the Hyuuga family all apparently directly inherited traces of Hamura's chakra... And since the branch house are mostly main house members who were arbitrarily decided to be demoted due to birth order or their children there of, I would assume that most of them have it, or at least part of it, as well.

Apparently, that's why Bort is so powerful even as a child: Potent chakra from mom combined with, admittedly watered down, Uzumaki Life force and big reserve genes from dad. Which, coupled with growing up in an environment that's supported his talents...

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #112

Expanding on the seven wheels adaption of the chakras, in keeping with the fact that I've observed that Senko is low-key a Cultivator
    Spoiler: The Seven Gifts of Enlightmentment
    Show
    Proponents of the Seven Wheels believe that opening the spiral of tenketsu that are alleged to exist, which is done via mediation and physical and philosophical exercises, as a number of benefits for physical and mental health. And spiritual health, in those of more spiritual or religious persuasions.

Clinical evidence suggests that, regardless of the truth of the existence of the Wheels, the exercises do have some tangible benefit.

The Seven Gifts of Enlightenment, however, have no such tangible evidence.

A Fringe belief even among proponents of the wheels, the Seven Gifts are supposedly overt supernatural powers. Milestones achieved that mark one's progress on the path of enlightenment via the work to maintain the wheels.

There is no evidence that they exist, but allegedly one unlocks these Gifts by first making progress on opening the Wheels and then working toward ensuring that each Whel becomes open permenantly. This is, naturally, a more involved process than mere exercise and meditation. Each gift supposedly adjusts the positions of one tenketsu and meridians to allow better flow in the chakra circulatory system and bring the Wheels into alignment and is supposedly accompanied by changes to the physical and spiritual body of the aspirant. Additionally, each Gift supposedly comes with Insight into the

Supposedly, each Gift is achieved in sequential order and each is harder to achieve than the last, with each gift being harder to achieve than merely opening and maintaining its associated wheel.

The Strong Roots Run Deep is the first gift, associated with the Wheel of The Root. Once one has opened the Wheel in question, they must seclude themselves in nature and meditate on their fears and insecurities. They must confront and resolve all sources of irrational anxiety and discover the strength and stability that comes from overcoming such feelings. Supposedly, one who does so finds that they are now unshakable, able to stand by their convictions no matter what while retaining the flexibility to change or compromise by choice, and to recognize when their anxieties are irrational and cast them aside. Spiritually, supposedly a network of intangible "roots" will form, unseen, connecting the aspirant's chakra network to the flows of natural energy and ambient chakra in the earth and atmosphere around them, drawing it into the chakra circulatory system and causing a reaction that produces more vital, spiritual, and natural energy than was started with. Some of this is consumed to improve the users health and vitality, while the surplus is returned to the earth and atmosphere, which over time makes the area more vital as the air, land, and sea of the area become cleaner and more fertile from the influx over time. Physically, the aspirant's body becomes fitter and is rarely dirty for long, as if the soil itself refuses to disrespect them by clinging to the body.

Afirmation of the Self associated with the second wheel is achieved by first opening the Wheel of Where The Self Is Established and then secluding themself somewhere where they feel happy and meditate on their mistakes and regrets, confronting their guilt and shame and resolving it. Look at that which was not their fault and let it go, apologize for that which they bear responsibility for, and ultimately move on to a life without pointless regrets. Philosophically, this gift grats exactly that, while one is not incapable of regrets of various forms, they no longer are dominated by the traumas of the past. Furthermore, they find themselves able to always find joy or pleasure in everyday tasks, which gives them a boost to motivation and lets them enjoy pleasures both simple and refined on a deeper level without really thinking about it. Spiritually, the user's chakra flourishes, growing more potent as the aspirant's newly found appreciation of life stimulates them in both body and spirit. Physically, the imperfections in the aspirant's appearance are corrected, scars fading or vanishing, though only the ones that the aspirant dislikes even after riding themself of needless shame.

The Crucible Within The City of Jewels, the third gift associated with the Jewel City Wheel, is achieved when one has opened the wheel in question and then secludes themself in their private sanctum, somewhere devoted only to them, and confronts their image of themself. Only when one sees themself for what they are and accepts themselves, warts and all, does the Aspirant achieve this gift. Philosophically, one's willpower becomes as hard as a diamond and as strong as the finest steel and one gains a true appreciation of one's self, self-esteem that cannot be broken, yet is not tainted by arrogance or narcissism. Additionally, one becomes able to perfectly process, and thus control, their emotions and so direct even the most negative feelings to a healthy and constructive end... Or their positive ones to a destructive one, should the situation call for it. Spiritually, as one becomes better able to process their emotions so to does the crucible where one refines their vital and spiritual energy into chakra to become cleaner. From the moment the gift is achieved the purity of the user's chakra will improve until it is completely free of any imperfections and contaminants, with any such things introduced artificially being quickly purged. Physically, the Aspirant need never fear food poisoning or ingested toxins, as they can safely eat or drink any substance and digest it... Though it must be at least technically edible to get any nutrition from it, this won't let you live off of dirt or mercury. Toxins and pathogens are quickly and easily, with minor infections and the like no longer having a noticeable effect.

Freedom Of The Unstruck comes next. The Aspirant must not seclude themself, as this comes from the Wheel associated with Love. Be it a friend, a lover, or something else the Aspirant must mediate in the presence of a person, or persons, who truly love them, and whom they love in return. They must meditate on grief, on anger, on betrayal, upon all of their losses. Only when one achieves the true understanding that true love is eternal, that it does not die when a relationship ends but persists and leaves the foundation for new love, is the gift achieved. Philosophically, grief holds no sway over the Aspirant. No matter how sudden the loss or how poorly things go, the aspirant's pain will not be able to blind them to good times. Conversely, they will never experience 'foolish' love, love that binds them to someone who does nothing but harm them. Finally, their heart unclouded by anger or grief, each and every breath becomes a meditation, Spiritually, their chakra will begin to grow passively both from their constant meditation and because as they breathe in ambient energy is drawn in with the air and circulated by the heart, growing more pure and potent as it travels through the body, and is then exhaled with the surplus produced by the process remaining within the body. This growth is slow, more a supplement to that gained from training than a replacement, but it is constant. Physically, the Aspirant's breathing and circulation become perfect, being at the ideal resting rate at all times unless they are engaged in strenuous activity in which case they rise to the exact perfect rate for that activity and then instantly return to their ideal resting rate once such activity ceases.

Purest Of Voices is the fifth gift, associated with the Purest Wheel. At this point, the Aspirant need no longer seclude themself, they must merely meditate. Once more they must mediate upon themselves, but this time they must focus on the lies they tell, the lies they tell to themself and about themself. Only by achieving true and total honesty with themself can the Aspirant permenantly open the Tenketsu of this Wheel and gain its gift. Philosophically, the Aspirant can no longer delude deliberately themselves, they see everything their senses pick up as it is and their cognition of events cannot become distorted. At least in a mundane sense, they are not immune to Genjutsu. Spiritually, their ability to use their chakra, the voice of spirit, becomes perfect. Their use becomes absolutely efficient and their ability to control it and use it in all regards takes a quantum leap with perfect chakra control and absolute mastery of the different transformations becoming an achievable goal. Physically, small changes begin to occur in the memory centers of the brain, granting perfect retroactive memory without distortion and with perfect indexing. Nor can the Aspirant's memories ever be tampered with. Now and forever, they will remember their entire life since they first became aware as it happened and with perfect clarity.

Command Of The Third Eye is the Penultimate Gift. Now that the Aspirant can no longer deceive themself, now they must turn their gaze upon the world, meditating on the deceptions and illusions set force. Seeing through the little lies doesn't cut it, only when the Aspirant truly understands and accepts the truth of how all things are ultimately connected does the Wheel open permanently and grant its gift. Philosophically, the Aspirant becomes gifted at judging the long-term consequences of their own actions and those of others as well as intuiting the relationships between even seemingly unrelated people, places, and things. Spiritually, their chakra itself becomes perceptive. Chakra sensing, intent perception, emotion sensing? The Aspirant gains prodigious talent with them all and any abilities along those lines they already possess are enhanced, though they still need training to use such abilities to their full potential.

Thousand-Petaled Crown is the Final Gift. Now that they know of the connections of all things, they must free themselves from those connections. This does not mean not caring, by all means, people who achieve this tend to care more. It simply means not letting your ties to places, people, or things define you, knowing when to set your connections aside, knowing when you can take them back up again, and being able to let go when, in the natural course of things, your connections are severed. This is an immensely difficult concept to grasp, but only when someone perfectly understands it and can practice it do they permenantly open the final Wheel and become Enlightened. Philosophically, opening the Crown is its own reward. Spiritually... There's much debate. Anything from gaining the power to astral project to being able to one's chakra becoming Eternal like the Tail-Beasts, being able to either exist as a being of pure chakra or recreate their body from base elements as long as their chakra persists, their chakra becoming the seat of consciousness. Furthermore, Cosmic Energy and Cosmic Truth are believed to filter into the being to... Unknown effect. Physically, the body, now just a vessel, becomes perfect. Free of flaws down to the genetic level and in all regards conditioned to the greatest possible physical levels. Supposedly the person even gains eternal youth.

If this is a real thing, I imagine that it's a "do it later" type thing and that it happens over the course of a long time. The last one in particular is basically a endgame power.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Hm. the Seven chrakras thing seems fine.

Three more rogue shinobi:

Rairari Sumiri
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5.3 ft
    Weight: 140pds
    Species: Human
    Station: Uchiha Bastard Rogue Shinobi

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She has blonde hair unlike most users of the Sharingan, and wears travelers clothes with a cloak to keep herself undercover.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She feels the loss her mother keenly, and sees developing her Sharingan as just a form of fighting fire with fire rather than liking it. She seeks vengeance upon the Uchiha clan and her father

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rairari was born in a small village, unaware of her Uchiha heritage-or her Iwa heritage. Her mother had an odd accent and traditions compared to everyone else growing up, but she didn't think anything of it at first, the village she grew up in being in the Land of Fire. Her mother furthermore made her do various weird practices and tricks while constantly sparring with her and she didn't know why. She was happy with her mother, helping out and growing stronger under her teachings. It was a happy time for her.

But then one day, three years ago her mother told her a secret: Rairari's father was actually from the Uchiha clan and her mother knew she inherited the Sharingan through DNA testing. Her mother was from Iwagakure and she had been during the Third Shinobi War in a forbidden love affair. The reason she was telling Rairari all this was because her father just got found out according to her sources and they were sending Uchiha ninja to come and either capture or kill them. she was telling Rairari all this because they were going to meet up with some rogue shinobi to escort them to safety. The ygo and meet up with them, but the Konoha Shinobi still caught up and a fight ensued, one of them revealing to be her father and killing her mother and she cried out
    "Why!? You loved her!"
    "I did, and that love brought shame upon my clan and village for consorting with an enemy. Now to wipe it away I killed her and will kill you as well."
    Her sharingan awakened at this and she barely got out of that fight alive.

She has trained hard since then but still has yet to reach enough power to get her revenge on her father and the Uchiha clan for ruining her life and killing her mother.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taijutsu: B Rank
    Ninjutsu: B Rank
    Genjutsu: B Rank

transformation jutsu, wall-walking, water walking

Earth Release Jutsu: B rank
    Can create earth 3 clones, create earth walls, fire rocks at people, grab people using the ground, and other earth release tricks.

Earth Release: Diamond Blade Fist, A-rank
    Can create a sharp diamond blade around her palm as an earth release form of the chidori, can only do it three times before running out of chakra

Sharingan: B rank
    Rairari's Eye of Insight and Eye of Hypnotism is Two Tomoe

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Anything you can't fit to the brackets above, such as equipment or property your character owns.

Ryuruko Tatani
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5.5 ft
    Weight: 156pds
    Station: Rogue Shinobi

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He has black hair in a pony tail, wears travelers clothing, carries around a big paintbrush staff to fight with, and has the Tokeigan in his left eye which he hides with an eyepatch.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He believes in fighting against the shinobi establishment since they'd never accept him as one now, having a hatred against village shinobi who got all the luck and were able to become shinobi legitimately. Ryuruko however has rebelled against his teacher, believing in her general philosophy but suspicious of the forces she trucks with. The fact that he has had dealings with the yakuza is something he sees as a lesser of two evils to survive in a world where rogue shinobi are not welcome.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ryuruko Tatani was once an academy dropout in a minor nation, not even becoming a true shinobi. Irisumi appeared before him, offering him power, freedom and individuality against the oppressive system of shinobi. She took him in, teaching him on the road to become a true shinobi outside the system. She taught him her ink jutsu but also her philosophy of freedom and individuality to break free from the chains of being used as a tool by the shinobi villages and to try and spread it to others and Ryuruko believed in it.

But two years ago, she wanted him to take the next step and make a pact with a being known as Amatasu Mikaboshi for strength. A dark being that dwells between the stars in the void of space and is said to have lived for a long time, wanting only to sow chaos and indulge in desire without end. Ryuruko saw this being as evil and thus rebelled against Irisumi, seeing her as mad, running away from Irisumi's more experienced techniques.

As a rogue shinobi, he couldn't fall in with any hidden village, so he went to the yakuza and the criminal underworld for safety instead. He made deals to purchase the strength to fight against Irisumi, such as getting a Tokeigan, at the cost of going into debt to do so. He now seeks to kill his former teacher and any students, seeing her as a threat that needs to be put down.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taijutsu: A-rank
    Ninjutsu: A-rank
    Genjutsu Defense: A-Rank

academy three jutsu, wall-walking, water walking

Paintbrush Staff Taijutsu: A-rank
    He is skilled in using his Paintbrush Staff in close combat, able to use ninjutsu with it while fighting.

Ink Clone, B-rank
    He can create up to five ink clones in a battle

Wordbind Kanji Jutsu: A-rank
    By using ink and brush, one writes in the air for various effects, firing kanji at people to cause something to happen. The Kanji cannot do anything too abstract or too complex. Furthermore, such kanji are basically short term very simple seals are held together and directed by the users will, fading when the user stops maintaining them or forgets about them. They have to hit a target to do anything.
    Example Kanji: Burn, Kill, Heal, Smash, Track, Shine, Shock, Soak, Silence, Control, Drain, Paralyze.

Beast-Imitating Art: Ink Tiger, B-rank
    animates a tiger from a scroll to attack someone at their direction, the A-rank version conjures several to attack a group

Beast-Imitating Art: Riding Bird, A-rank
    animates a big ink bird from a scroll to ride upon through the skies as a form of travel

Black Market: Three Hand Tokeigan, A-rank
    He obtained the Tokeigan through the black market to gain power, its the left Tokeigan of Yakasho Kenari, stolen from Kumogakure at some point. He is in debt as a result of purchasing this. He only has one however and must keep it covered to keep his chakra from being drained by it since he cannot shut it off, furthermore seeing out of only one eye most of the time impacts his depth perception and thus his ranged attack accuracy.

Eye of Timing: D-Rank
    The user is granted instinctive perfect timing of all their movements and actions, allowing them to pull things off with ludicrous precision down to the second- or even faster.

Eye of Acceleration: D-rank
    The user's perception of time is sped up to allow them to have faster reflexes

Tokeigan: Slipping Sands Genjutsu, C- Rank
    The user places a genjutsu on one person that slows down their personal perception of time, making them see the world around them move in fast motion while they move incredibly slowly.

Tokeigan: Time Lag, B rank
    The user places a genjutsu on someone to make their perception experience lag, making their perceptions take time to catch up to whats actually happening. This doesn't restrain their actions but it does prevent them from responding properly.

Tokeigan: Replay, B-rank
    The user places a genjutsu that replays a memory of a moment in the person's mind while trying to suppress their memory to make them repeat their actions when they first experienced the memory.

Tokeigan: False Future, B-Rank
    The user places a genjutsu on someone that convinces them that they are predicting the foe's movements accurately and that they will attain victory but are actually being guided by the user to a future of their devising.

Tokeigan: Pause Perceptions, A-rank
    The most powerful genjutsu of the basic Tokeigan, it pauses all the perceptions of people in a 30 feet sphere around the user, thus stopping time for those people, but can't pause physical phenomena. It also stops the users heart as long as its maintained, with 5 seconds being the maximum one can hold it.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Anything you can't fit to the brackets above, such as equipment or property your character owns.

Tatsukan Uzunagi
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 6 feet tall
    Weight: 160pds
    Station: Leader of Shinobi Independence Association

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He has silver hair and grey eyes, and wears dark clothing and a billowing cloak. He has an imposing leaderly presence

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He believes in freedom through unity, that shinobi must stand together to be greater than tools and have a conversation between them on how to cooperate doing that, thinking that founding a nation to do that. He is serious, pragmatic and reserved, a mind of steel. However he feels suspicion and hate towards the established villages, believing that they want to keep the power to themselves and thus want to get rid of anyone that forms to shake the status quo away from them being in control and thus trains SIA to be militarily ready in case they need to defend themselves, hoping his group doesn't become just another village.

History:Tatsukan was once a child raised by shinobi slavers who take kids with kekkei genkai and exploit them for money. He learned Magnetism release in the worst circumstances, fighting other bloodline users in underground fighting rings for sick twisted rich people. He got real good at it to keep himself from getting beaten up or discarded by his owners, but nothing ever changed. So instead he decided to start rebelling, to rally his fellow slaves to fight back and they began to break free and take back their power for themselves.

They broke free as their own fighting force, and escaped- right into the Second Shinobi War. There he witnessed the worst of the shinobi nations paranoia, hatred and excesses- shinobi killing foreign civilians on suspicion of being ninjas in disguise, innocents used as bombs to kill unaware shinobi, ashigaru and ninja sent to hold patches of land for a war front and die in the process. He learned that shinobi life is cheap, and that it is spent on the desires of daimyos and lords.

He and his band of freedom fighters tried to fight for what is right, to save the innocent, free other kekkei genkai slaves and the like. One day a group of Sunagakure shinobi discovered them and he showed them his magnet release, thinking they were here to help. Instead they attacked, trying to kill him for being magnet release user outside of the Land of Wind. They fought but all his comrades were killed for being outside of their control, and he had to escape.

This event embittered him, and as he observed the ninja world, the more he saw it in a cynical light, seeing the shinobi nations as nothing but structures existing to bind and control shinobi to kill the innocent on the orders of the rich and powerful. So he began gathering rogue shinobi and lost children with kekkei genkai across the nations over decades, hiding away in secret bases to train them to keep them safe. He couldn't change the world, he was only one man, but he understood the plight of the shinobi and that perhaps he could defend them what he could from becoming tools of cruel uncaring nations. The nations constantly hunted his group which begin to discuss what united them: they were all ninja who wanted independence, who wanted to set their own morals and choose their jobs. So they began to call themselves the Shinobi Independence Association, or SIA.

At first they tried to campaign through various campaigns and front groups for better working conditions and rights for shinobi peacefully, figuring that full independence would be a far off dream best accomplished one step at a time. But as the campaigns were rejected in some nations based on pride, or violently suppressed in others, or discredited by shinobi exposing the campaigns source being a bunch of rogue shinobi people instead began to see their attempts as trying to destabilize and influence peoples militaries and defenses, as something insidious and villainous. Failure after failure pushed him further into cynicism and thinking about enacting change other ways. The Third Shinobi War prompted him to start violently freeing kekkei genkai slaves from the criminal underground at an even greater rate, taking advantage of the chaos and other acts to strengthen the SIA.

After the war, they decided to settle on an island in the northern sea, see the Sound Village and decided to make their own society separate from all other nations of only ninjas. Tatsukan wanted to make a peaceful society, isolated from the world but he has been hunted too long to think that was possible, and has set up an all shinobi society just as militaristic as the ones they left for their own defense. But he stands by certain principles: no clans, no daimyos, all missions are voluntary, no might makes right ideology, just shinobi doing their jobs as they want to free of being used as tools by others, and to fight what battles they deem right and moral.

But unfortunately, the world is complex and does not allow for such simple dreams...
    Spoiler
    Show

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taijutsu: A-rank
    Ninjutsu: S-rank
    Genjutsu Defense: A-rank

academy three jutsu, wall-walking, water walking

Weaponry Storage:
    Has various metallic weapons stored in storage scrolls, including chains, various projectiles and armor he can control like puppets.

Master of Many Weapons:
    Tatsukan is familiar with and an expert upon many weapons in personal combat to use them properly with his magnet release, as well as fight without using his magnet release to hide his abilities.

Earth and Wind Release: A-rank
    Can create five earth clones, blast air attacks, make earth walls, fire boulders at people, blow wind, create clouds as smokescreens, and various other creative uses of such ninjutsu.

Magnet Release: S-rank
    Can skywalk using magnetism to hover off the ground using the earth's magnetic field, manipulate various metal weapons he has stored in his scrolls, attack with magnetic chains to enwrap someone, using iron dust to attack people in various shapes and other such tricks.

Magnet Release: Homing Circular Saw Attack, A-rank
    First places a bit of iron sand on the person, then fires an iron circular saw that is magnetized to that bit of sand, constantly seeking the foe and turning and curving to meet as long he maintains the chakra.

Magnet Release: Iron Sand Armor Defense, A-rank
    His normal defense to keep himself protected without clones, its a layer of iron sand that imitates his skin that outright bounces off kunais and shuriken off of him.

Magnet Release: Steel Girder Grip A-rank
    Forms or uses stored girders to grab and restrain his foes.

Magnet Release: Unlimited Iron Works, S-rank
    Shapes various weapons from iron and fires them at his foes while covering the ground in iron to form weapons from under them to attack or to immobilize his foes, and such to basically make it seem like he has trapped his foes in a world of iron within a certain radius.

Falcon Summoning: A-rank
    Can summon falcons to help fight and do other things with him.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-05-16 at 09:33 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114

We've got a detailed image of an active White Kama in the Anime now
    Spoiler
    Show

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #115

So, while double checking apparently the white Kama makes you a "perfect" Otsutsuki but I don't know what that means in context and I'm seeing contradictory information about whether or not eating the chakra fruit is necessary for a Whit eKama user to become an Otsutsuki or if Ishiki was telling Code "become an Otsutski and eat the Chakra fruit" and I can't read the source material directly and Crunchyroll changed it so everything past the first thirteen episodes of the anime is premium subscription only so yeah.

I kind of hate that it's a manga releasesd monthly. The sooner the Code arc is over the sooner we'll know everything relevant about the White Kama since I'm not seeing him living past this arc meaning if he doesn't pull out the stops there are no stops to pull.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #116

Okay, I managed to find the panel of Ishiki telling Code to carry on his will.

a Chakra fruit has the biological data of everything that ever lived or died on the planet it was grown from, not just what happened to be on the planet when the tree was growing.

Ishiki says "including me" when he says this.

The implication seems to be that it's specifically that the Chakra Fruit would contain Otsutsiki DNA that would let Code become an Otsutsuki if he eats one, and regardless he does need a chakra fruit.

Edit: It also took Kawaki years to get to 80+ percent extraction, even with the resonance, so... Yeah. Barring something that speeds up their development Senko and Kimiko's Kama's aren't going to be a thing for a while here.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-02-18 at 11:56 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #117

1: If the Mist Genin don't leave next post, then this might be a good place to introduce my Cloud Genin.

Have them come in looking for Blood O, Mist's Bane makes a scene.

2: So... I got more accurate information from the Manga... We might have a problem.

The Flashback explaining Code's enmity for Kawaki, his hatred and envy that Kawaki gets to be a vessel, shows him using the full power of the White Kama. Like, it's fully extended along his arm and face and he's got the rings around his fingers that indicate that you're tapping the Accumulated Combat experience of the Otsutski...

...When he and Kawaki are apparently the same age as they were when they first got their Kamas, having not noticeably aged in the interim. He activates it of his own accord even. For context, Teen Boruto in the flash-forward doesn't have the Rings several years in and with accelerated development.

So... We have two options.

Option A: We ignore this and continue on as normal.

B: Senko activates the White Kama during a suitably dramatic moment, without meaning to... And finds it a traumatic experience.

She's not exactly the kind of person who would enjoy a sudden, unexpected boost in raw power given her history and I presume that Kaguya's combat experience might come with some vague idea of where it came from and, being seemingly younger than they were, she might be somewhat susceptible to influence from that experience the first time she taps into it.

So the first time it happens... She doesn't use it again. Not unless she absolutely has to

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #118

So... SAtoni has been using her sharigan this entire time but hiding it with Genjutsu, right?

Would she have noticed the micro-circuitry in Senko and Kimiko's kama marks?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not sure if the one-tomoe sharingan would see that?

I honestly didn't think about that. and Satomi's little genjutsu trick might not be an always thing, more of an exploit of the rules of this roleplay: if I need her to have the sharingan activated, I can say she is, but technically from a realistic perspective having it always on and running a genjutsu on it would probably be chakra consumptive and thus not always something she'd do.

but lets say if she could see the circuitry....what does she think of that? considering how tech works in this world, she might just assume its some weird medical thing Sound does, as medical tech is oddly high compared to other stuff.

30. - Top - End - #120

Okay, with my research...

So while the White Kama can't overwrite DNA like a nomral Kama, it does apparently cause a mutation of some kind.

It's specifically the way that the body reacts to the Kama that causes its power.

In regards to Code, it's not just that he's stronger than Jigen but that his combat abilities "far exceed Jigen's" though as noted aren't as strong as Ishiki's. He's also noted to be theoretically capable of defeating Naruto, absent Kurama's power. Considering that even without Kurama Naruto is hundreds of times more powerful than the average Jonin that's a lot.

So... We should probably figure out what we're going to do regarding 1: Whether the Data in Kimiko and Senko's kama marks represents Kaguya a full power or as she is now and 2: What we want to do regarding the bit about Code apparently being able to use the White Kama's full power—complete with Ishiki's combat experience—apparently within months at the most sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-03-11 at 10:45 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks