New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 2

He did have fangs in V1, look:
    Spoiler
    Show

you can see it throughout his first valley of the end fight.

as for the inconsistency you point out, its possible that Kushina being an actual trained jinchuuriki has more control over her transformations than Naruto and thus can go higher while manifesting less of the fox, which I'd imagine would be a good trait for the ninja villages to want: more powerful but with more control.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh no, her control was shot.

Apparently there was a point in time when she wasn't allowed to leave a specific art of the village that had something that reinforced the sea becuase without it Kurama would just start taking over and this story took place during that time.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #153

So apparently Hashirama cells are capable of Photosynthesis. Which would partially explain the self-sustaining nature of people with Hashirama cells but it basically confirms that Hashirama is some kind of plant person.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #154

Okay... If Senko completed and started taking her Integration Pill just before leaving for the party/pre exam, and Team 3 left for the Chunin Exams a month later, and assuming a week's travel time and if I fudge a few details...

Senko should have fully integrated Reiko, Subject Nine, Menko, Fuyiki-san's, Baku's, and DS's chakra and should be just starting to integrate Futility-san's in the last few days, which should be her Chakra levels at "high for a chunin but still below an Average Jonin."

She should be finished with that by the Third Exam.

If I fudge the details with IX, she might have reasonable quantities of Nie-Tails chakra by then as well but probably not enough for anything past an Initial Jinchuriki form.

Does that seem reasonable or is my timeline off?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

That sounds reasonable. To me, the timeline is narrative and thus if an event best happens at the end of Chuunin Exams thats when its going to happen because that is when it will have the most effect for this or that. I can put an in-universe reasoning on it as well, but the reason why I make the mentors specify deadlines involving the Chuunin Exams to set up an arc where whatever goal or story has to be accomplished within that time, this makes things more focused and reasonable so that things aren't too scattered.

personally I think your overthinking and getting lost in the physics weeds which could potentially straitjacket yourself. But, if you really want to focus on that its fine, its just not something I'm interested in calculating for my characters. in favor of something a little more more narrative with some in-universe reasoning for more flexibility.

by the way, been meaning to ask: did you mean your going to blast through BOTH Shuriken-25s or just fire around the one trying to block you?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-07-27 at 04:59 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156

My intent is that she's trying to ignore he one attacking her and target the one attacking Hisaki.

But given that the technique he's using is basically the equivalent of hitting someone with a fire hose if she has to go through one to make the shot it shouldn't be a problem.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #157

Would pulling out a containment seal tag be in poor taste right now?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

poor taste OOC? no, don't think so.

poor taste IC? not sure what their corpse taboos generally are, but I doubt shinobi would be picky as long as they get to examine the evidence. This is Konoha after all, it falls under their jurisdiction to investigate.

9. - Top - End - #159

I meant the kind used to stop Senko on a rampage.

The kind that basically paralyzes you which might make it hard to...

Actually, never mind, that wouldn't work.

Basically, would trying to stop the suicide be a problem?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Oh.

Yes, but Well smarts win the day if you truly have a way to counter both suicides, then I'm simply not smart enough to counter it. thats on me.

I will simply have to figure out what he will claim to people when trying to interrogate him which he will stick to no matter what. which will still, be Konoha's jurisdiction.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-07-28 at 10:26 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161

Upon review, in the anime the "off" color of people grafted with Hashirama cells, except the Zetsu ironically, is the same pale brownish grey as the Ten-Tails.

The same is true of people infected by Hashirama cells in that one arc of the Boruto Anime with the caveat that they seemed to be actually turning into wood or at least gaining woody properties.

I've seen some people speculate that Hashirama cells might have the properties of embryonic stem cells, or be able to revert back to that state, as well as both plant and animal traits which... makes sense given what we know them to be capable of.

I've seen some speculation that Hashirama's Sage Mode is some sort of "Sun Sage Mode,"that he was somehow taking in energy from sunlight, converting it to natural energy, and storing it for later use. This is based entirely on how Hashirama's facial markings in Sage Mode resemble an ancient pre-kanji Chinese character for The Sun(forehead) and the eye of Ra (eye) which... would be the only time Khsimoto's tappe Egyptian Mythology, he normally doesn't go further west than India.

Not sure if I believe it, but it would tie Hashirama and Madara into the "Sun/Moon Juxtaposition" that is just such a god damned recurring theme in this franchise.

Also, the idea that natural energy is either produced by stars or the process of photosynthesis is potentially interesting.

Edit:

I've also thought it over a bit... Previously I suggested that if Senko gained Sharingan and developed Mangekyo that her Mangekyoabilities would respectively be a blast of Black lightning and a barrier of Gale release named respectively Raijin and Fujin.

However, it occurs to me that Zetta, Senko's most likely source of Storm Release, is also a black lightning user much like the canon Storm Release user so she'd most likely develop that ability from those cells making Raijin redundant and ithout Raiji n fujin if off on his own...

The only element that Senko couldn't get from just finding someone with it or learning how to combine it manually would be Blaze Release, which only comes from the Sharigan in the form of either Amaterasu or Hinokagetsuchi which can only be control with Kagetsuchi.

Just copying Sasuke seems a bit lazy though, and honestly the more I think about it the more having Senko be "lopsided" so to speak with differant technique in each eye feels wrong for her...

So I got to thinking...

Yatagarasu is a three-legged crow who in Shinto is both a guide/messenger god, but also a minor sun god and is associated with a Chinese and Korean solar spirit just commonly called a three-legged crow. That sun connection... Amaterasu is named after a sun goddess, so...

Yatagarasu is like Amaterasu, but significantly weaker. At least by itself. But what it's advantage is is that you don't need a second technique to extinguish it, control it, or apply shape manipulation. So it's like the combination of Amaterasu and Kagetsuchi, but... weaker.

Senko has it in both eyes. Obviously, one eye is going to be better at certain kinds of control than the other since there are variations in how the technique works for both Obito and Shunsui, the canon examples of one technique in both eyes and like Kamui using the technique with both eyes makes it significantly stronger—with enough training using both eyes would effectively match the Amaterasu/Kagetsuchi combination.

If I go with this, Senko's Mangekyo design will probably be a mitsudomo—stree stylized tomo connected in a circle.
    Spoiler: Bottom Left
    Show

Becuase the reasoning of the Mitsudomo design and situations where it is used have a similar root origin to why Yatagarasu has three legs.

May end up playing up the crow/tengu-like traits of her Susano if she develops it that far as well, and maybe find some way to play up the snake/bird juxtaposition.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-07-31 at 04:28 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #162

I found a Naruto/Bortuo recap/theory channel and then I started doing research again now my brain is filled with ideas to the point that I'm having trouble keeping them straight.

1: Apparently all the techniques I have listed under Power of the White Snake are techniques that Orochimaru made using his Power of the White Snake as a base, so... While some of them might still be applicable chances are that Senko is going to have to make her own White Snake techniques. I'm picturing something similar to the Body Revival technique since "destroy and repair my body to make it stronger" is on brand with the "regenerate, rejuvenate, and self reincarnate" theme of the powers

2: If Senko succeeds in obtaining Rinnegan, I kind of want her "unique" ability with it to be a variation of Chakra Edible Creation becuase having to track down exotic ingredients or rare forms of energy to convert into pills and fruit and such with a specialized technique to further her growth and development would be in line with her "basically a cultivator" schtick.

3: One of the major inspirations for Naruto was Journey to the West, though obviously, it's not as blatant as it was with Dragonball... I feel like there's something that could be derived from Wukong being refined in the crucible but I'm not sure what, exactly.

4: Unrelated, apparently in one of the light novels Orochimaru invented a pair of glasses that let you temporarily steal someone's Dojutsu by looking at them. IE, you gain it, they lose it. The same novel has someone learn how to store chakra in liquid form experimenting on how to replicate various elemental transformations with the goal of just making stuff out of Chakra.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #163

If the Filler Arc with Ukataka is anything to go by then each Tailed-Beast gives their Jinchuriki a slightly different ability in Initial Jinchuriki mode.

When Naruto uses it, it adds shockwaves to his physical strikes and he can create a bigger shockwave by roaring...

But if the Ukataka arc is anything to go by Saiken gives its host the ability to generate waves of chakra when using Initial Jinchuriki mode.

So... Not sure what abilities on the same level would apply to the other seven, mind you... Especially Shukaku since he follows completely different rules from the others when it comes to transformations but... Something to keep in mind.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #164

I still have so many ideas for this game and no wher to put them.

Regarding Senko's Pseudo Jinchurki Status, I'm imagining a strict merger of forms so that if she wants to use one beast's chakra at a given level she has to use all the chakra she has at a given level.

IE, basic tapping-Jinchuriki Mode-Version one Cloak-Version 2 Cloak-Mastered.

So if Senko full cultivates and then masters her Nine-Tails chakra and then gets four tails chakra from Gohan's cells she'd have to use a two-tailed Kurama/Son Goku Hybrid cloak to use Son Goku's chakra with whatever downsides would come with using the cloak(IE, getting burned like hell in version 2.)

"Mastered" I'm imagining comes from fully mastering the use of that chakra and fully integrating the Tailed Beast Chakra into her own. Visually it would resemble Kurama Chakra Mode, though obviously nowhere near as powerful, but with a chakra snake similar to what Mitusuki has in Sage mode building off of it, one for each Biju whose power she's fully mastered. Same raw power as Version 2, but it doesn't burn anymore and gives full access to unique abilities and chakra natures.

Edit: So Shizune apparently invented a technique that just flat-out makes new cells out of nothing. It's what they used to heal Neji after the Sasuke retrieval arc.

I've seen some people speculating that it might have been used to create Naruto's Hashirama Cell arm.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-08-10 at 06:33 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #165

In regard to the thing I was joking about, just so we're clear...

The thought occurred to me that, given the similarities between Jugo's bloodline and the effects of Hashirama cells, not to mention that in the context of this game Senko is more genetically similar to Hashirama than she is to any of her other cell donors—that it would make sense that if she succeeded in obtaining Hashirama cells and grafted them to herself, she'd probably take better to them than he rother grafts. Fewer side effects, need less of her integration drug to fully integrate and cultivate his chakra.

Then two other thoughts hit me: 1: In that case wouldn't it skip the line and 2: Wouldn't grafting Hashirama cells onto herself make her more similar to the Ten-Tails than she already is...

And logically the answer to both is yes.

Which then got me thinking about the implications of making her more Ten-Tails Like, beyond just the physical boost and access to Wood Release, less obvious implications...

Like being better at absorbing chakra, combining disparate energies, and cultivating chakra... Especially when it comes to integrating Tailed BEas or Otsutsuki derived chakra.

Which made me realize that going forward, for sure once she fully integrated Hashirama's chakra if not when she first grafted his cells that she'd be taking significantly less time to integrate new chakras going forward in general.

Which makes for a very real possibility that Senko could have raw power on par with several Jonin by the Third round, if she gets ahold of Hashirama cells and grafts them along with every sample that she for sure will be getting and 'enough to be considered the SoundVillage's Deterant' if she gets every sample she wants/tries to get.

And why there are some potentially interesting narratives in that, especially since by that point all of her planned grafts would only offer a negligible level of raw power other than the Tailed Beasts, I can't help but feel like Senko getting that powerful that fast would be disruptive o any ideas we might have going forward.

Even if I attached qualifiers/limits like "she has the raw power but needs to learn to use it" or "her body can't actually handle using that much power at once" that only goes so far.

..It makes perfect logical sense to me, but I can't hep but feel it wold be bad for the story.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, the power problem pretty much plagues a lot of our roleplays TBH.

though I'm having the opposite problem of all my ideas being at a low point. I blame my wandering attention and possible ADHD because I KNOW I was full of ideas for this roleplay. now I got to do the effort of making the ones came up with work and such. screw it, I've already had to improvise for you saving Hasaki, I'll probably have to improvise for more stuff just as a matter of course.

17. - Top - End - #167

For the record, there's a non-zero chance that Senko's burgeoning friendship with Benjirou will result in the two of them colluding a plan involving a "political sham marriage" to provide Team Fuji context for eventually leaving the Leaf without technically going rogue, Senko is strongly considering the value of asking for either Shadow Clones, access to Madara's body, or both as part of her initial pitch during the negotiations, and I'm strongly considering that Senko will offer to make one Leaf Genin a snake summoner during the negotiations without telling them that she's already made a pick before coming to the meeting.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #168

More stuff I was considering.

1: Mission involving security/other assistance on an archeological expedition that might have major ramifications.

2: If we're doing a time-skip for the month between the second and third rounds, I was considering having Senko spend that month in Ryuchi Cave assuming there isn't a ban on leaving the village to train.

3: In review regarding Senko's potential Mangekyo, I'm imagining her Susnano's weapons are all "ninjafied" versions of weapons you might find in a Metal-Gear game as an extension of the "she could very easily end up going Big Boss" theme though which weapons exactly are in flux.

Also, some stuff that that's turned up as I do more research on Naruto Lore and also watch theory videos.

1: The Rinnegan for sure is a separate dojutsu from the Sharingan, despite being presented as an evolved form of it. Madara has to turn of his Rinnegan to use his Sharingan abilities and Sasuke loses access to the Sharignan abilities of his right eye whenever the six tomoe aren't in his Rinegan eyes. The Six tomoe Rinnegan seems to be an upgrade to the Rinegan that allows Rinnegan and Sharingan abilities to be used together but is not, in fact, a Rinne Sharingan

2: When Sasue awakened his Magnekyo Sharigan, he possessed Kagetsuchi in his left eye and Amatarsu in his right eye. However, in Boruto after his right eye was stabbed out by Momoshiki he used Amaterasu with his left eye... The Eye that Itachi had Amatarasu in. While we never saw him using Tsukiyomi, this does suggest that Eternal Mangekyo does inherit the abilities of the donor eyes after all.

3: There is confimration that his Hashirama Cell healing factor allowed Tobi to use his Mangekyo without permanent consequence.

4: This is more speculatory, but it's suggested in some circles that Boruto's "Jogan" might be the progenitor of all Dojutsu. The name literally means "pure eye," its demonstrated abilities include the Byakugan's ability to see and track Chakra, the Sharingan's ability to pick up details quickly, and the Rinnegan's ability to see invisible barriers and folds in space-time as well as to travel dimensions, among other things. Also, the colorized version of the "Otsutsuki God" that Ishiki talks about in the Anime shows all three of aid God's eyes being Jogan while he has what appears to be a wall made out of them behind him.

The speculation is that, fully mastered or developed, the Jogan will just have the powers of all Dojutsu, or at least let Boruto tap into the most signature and Iconic abilities of the major ones.
    Edit.

Shower thought regarding the possible Hashirama cell buff to Senko...

The thought ours to me that I could just nerf the Integration Drug a bit. Instead of having a maximum power level of "two to three average jonin per donor" I could just say "the drug caps out at an average jonin per user." She hasn't fully integrated the cells and chakra from anyone stronger than that so there wouldn't be a retcon.

I also considered her Tail-Beast looks again... I think we agreed that she'd have enough Nine-Tails chakra to be able to make a look whose power was equitable to the nurse Mark of HEaven with V1 being equivalent to level 1 and V2 being equivalent to Level 2.

I've been thinking that each additional beast would be a proportionate linear increase over that, but... The Tailed Beasts aren't equal in power. Half of Kurama was slightly stronger than Gyuki and stronger than 2-7 put together, which means that Kurama's full power is probably at least twice as powerful as Gyuki and while Gyuki denies that number of tails corresponds to raw power it's implied that he's in denial about that.

All of the Tailed Beasts are effectively infinite chakra, so it's the potency of their chakra that's the issue. The amount of chakra needed to equal a Curse Mark of Heaven from Kurama would only be about half that power from Gyuki, a fourth that power from Chomei, an eighth from Saiken, a sixteenth from Kokou, a thirty-second from Son Goku, a sixty-fourth from Isobu, a one-hundred-twenty-eighth from Matabi, and a 2-hundred-fifty-sixth from Shukaku.

So a propionate linear increase over her Nine-Tails form's powers from each beast would have significant diminishing returns with anything five tails or lower being neglible over all.

So if we went that route, the worst case scenario, if Senko gets all the cells she wants and grafts them all an the Hasirama cells react to her physiology the way I expect them to when I first got this through, she'd be the equivalent of a handful of Jonin in raw power with access to a Sage Mode that stressed the hell out of her body and screws up her organs and a slightly stronger curse-mark equivalent that burns the sweet holy hell out of her when she uses it to full power, nessesating that either power up be used sparingly and only in short bursts.

So still absurdly powerful for a Chunin exams arc, but not enough to bust the entire setting over her knee before we're reading for that level of power.

And it could be nerfed further than that as well without breaking anything, I feel.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-08-16 at 09:31 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #169

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    And it could be nerfed further than that as well without breaking anything, I feel.
    Okay, I don't know why my brain is trying to make this work.

Option 1: Nerf the integration drug a little bit more. Go from having an Average Jonin be the most chakra you can gain from one person per drug to having it be the average Special Jonin, who I imagine on average have more than a Chunin but more than a Jonin.

Now, granted, that would necessitate an adjustment to the time scale. I was basing the "three-days genin, week and a half-chunin, thirty-days-jonin" numbers using Part 1 Sakura, Iruka, and Part 1 Kakashi* as my baseline for average Genin, Chunin, and Jonin.

So if we peg it to cap out at average Special Jonin instead of Average Jonin, I'd say... Three weeks?

Which would mean that she'd be up to a V1 Cloak if she didn't graft herself with any more cells in that time, mind you, due to shaving a week and a half of time off, but she'd have a lower base level.

...Honestly, I might do this anyway, the pills were supposed to help in cultivating power but not be an "I win button," slightly nerfing the power but speeding up the time scale a little bit makes them work better for their intended function.

*Kakashi wasn't actually all that strong in part 1 despite his reputation, what made him special is his wide berth of techniques. See, passing out from lack of chakra and needing several days of bed rest to recover after the first Zabuza fight.

Option 2: Tailed Beast chakra, being denser and more potent than regular chakra, is just harder to cultivate in general. This is already represented in the fact that it takes 58 days to cultivate fully(My math in the write up is wrong) but...

I previously stated that in my head, one would need Jugo's bloodline+Hashirama Cells+Sakun and Uon's bloodline+Uzumaki vitality+Dead Bone Puls to fully replicate Kaguya/The Ten-Tails. Or, in just cases of ten-tails/god-tree biology, it'd just be Hashirama cells, Jugo's Bloodline, and Sakon and Ukon's bloodline.

Senko's not set to get Sakon and Ukon's bloodline until the group encounters Rikka the Beatle and harvests it along with a few other abilities from her puppet-armor and I don't actually have a schedule for that. I've vaguely implied that she might be keeping an eye on the Chunin exams but I have no intent for her to actually be here.

Senko also, even with Hashirama cells and Sakon's bloodline, wouldn't have any Six Paths or Ten-Tails Chakra.

Could be that even with the Hashirama cell boost, Senko would need more Ten-Tails Traits before it would apply to cultivating and integrating Ten-Tails Chakra. Like say, either she would need Six Paths Chakra or Sakon's bloodline or to have fully cultivated and integrated the chakra of at least five Tailed Beasts and has over half of the Ten-Tails unique signature.

Of which, she could potentially get on the way to eventually having one of those, maybe two, during the Exams but... only the potential. The fact that it took decades for Madara to get Rinnegan after grafting Hashirama's flesh to himself suggests that it takes time for Asura and Indra's chakra to amalgamate into Hogaromo's chakra and even if Senko managed to get cells from Ami and your Psuedo-Jinchuriki Missing Nin in addition to Gohan's without the boost from Hashirama cells applying to tailed beast chakra it'd be the better part of a year before she fully integrated all the Tailed Beast chakra.

Unrelated: Saw a theory yesterday: Given the raw physical strength and high chakra levels of the Cloud Ninjas on average, the fact that the Gold and Silver brothers are explicitly "distat relatives" of the Sage of Six Paths, the fact that Five of Hagoromo's artifacts are in the possession of Cloud Ninjas, and the fact that Killer B survived having a Tailed-Beast ripped out of him when we've only ever seen Uzumaki do that, it's speculated that either Hagomro had a third child(probably a daughter, given the focus on his only having two sons,) who settled in the Land of Lightning or Hagoromo spread his wild oats in and around that area and a bunch of his descendants came to Cloud when it formed.

Supporting evidence for the theory is that his brother populated the Moon singlehandedly and that the Naruto Retsudan novel series established that Hagoromo liked to visit a small country(whose location we don't know) that, while still existing(it's where the Prison Sasuke infiltrates in his story is) is geographically similar to and thus probably relatively close to the Land of Lightning.

Another possibility is that one of Asura's children went to lightning with Hagormo's artifacts and had a whole bunch of kids with the natives to the same effect.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, your clearly experiencing something like hyperfocus on this issue. I get that. I oddly focus on some jumpchain docs for like.....hours or days.

but to talk about it:
    all this a lot of puzzle-pieces being put together going over my head. Like thats a level of fidelity that my brain just isn't interested in engaging in even though I want to help. Sorry.

so instead I'm going to offer random thoughts that are like.....related to naruto.

Land of Waves is secretly the most important arc of Naruto not just because of what Naruto learns from it, but what Sasuke doesn't learn because he was unconscious at the time and thus never saw the humanity of Zabusa and Haku.

now I suddenly have a fanfic idea of adult Sasuke expressing regrets about his life choices, so he gets sent back in time, does things differently and sees the two rogue nins sacrificing and caring for each other and has the realization: "oh so THATS why Naruto was so changed after this. These events are oddly important for being so unconnected aren't they?".

as for that theory....Kumogakure being Hagoromo descendants is uhh....,to my viewpoint is just like... a logically inferred thing since that could be argued to be EVERY shinobi with a bloodline trait and they have like....storm release bloodline. But if you think thats a theory, sure. personally I'm thinking of how did these bloodlines form in the first place? like sure, they're all divine shards or whatever, but that doesn't fully explain it? because the only pieces you really need are wood release and the sharingan and the nine beasts. seems like the rest are just deviations/mutants from that.

My thoughts on power are largely that Kimiko will probably reveal she finished the basic Rasengan in a battle at some point, then start making variations after that, might try to steal the Nara's shadow jutsu, might learn stuff from all sorts of people, it really depends, I think I've always been one to pay attention more to progress in terms of techniques and special abilities rather than overall power, because its hard for my mind to distinguish between one guy punching another guy harder very much.

21. - Top - End - #171

On the power puzzle thing... Should I just do what makes the most sense to me then?

Cause if I do the special jonin nerf, the cell boost, but not the "it doesn't work on Tailed Beast Chakra until you have a few more puzzle pieces" thing then my "strongest Senko could possibly be from grafting" would be "more than two but less than five average jonin" in terms of raw power as her base level with "roughly 1.5 Curse Marks of Heaven" as a super form that hurts her to use to its full extent plus probably won't be using in the exams, plus her Sage Mode which is stronger but has a similar limitation. If we don't run into a suitable dramatic moment for her to unlock it on screen she'd unlock it during the training month on her own.

Senko doesn't much care for individual techniques so I'm measuring her growth in terms of raw power and ability to use it.

Which actually raises the point that Senko wouldn't have much ability to use that raw power since right now her most important skills to develop are chakra control.

In terms of actual skills, after she gets sage mode down I was thinking 'Various snake techniques' "cultivating white snake power" and "learning medical ninjutsu to better fulfill her role of 'good Kabuto'"

Plus uh. Body tempering. Getting in better physical shape and making herself physically stronger.

On the fanfic idea... I can see that.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-08-18 at 07:23 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, probably just do what makes sense, its all going over my head.

as for my Sasuke fanfic idea, to expand upon it further I think he'd make a deal with some Kami of time to go back in time to an alternate universe created specifically for him to fix while the main timeline would be frozen in time, but at the end of it all the final decision he would have to make to the kami of time would be whether he wants to continue living in the timeline where his mistakes are fixed....or go back to the old timeline where Sarada and Sakura are. the kami would make a copy of Sasuke to inhabit whatever timeline he doesn't pick so all it would come down to is a personal decision of whether he wants to live in the original timeline he came from or the one he fixed, knowing that no one will know the difference either way.

as for Senko, I guess Senko's question of what she is supposed to do catches me off guard because Narutoverse just kind of makes this assumption that Genin are able to do something even if the higher ups involved would rather send anyone else to handle it. like, they send Naruto and co. after Gaara-A FREAKING JINCHUURIKI- then send Shikamaru to lead a squad to retrieve Sasuke consisting of him and Genin, and before that Kakashi after seeing them handle Zabusa assumes they'll be able to handle the mission after that. that and Orochimaru sends his own sound genin team to do things to like, attack Sasuke for reasons.

so its not like, a genin team is not relied upon to do things. this will just require a bit of thought on what Chiyuki's request will actually be, because she is intended to be a mentor and ally.

23. - Top - End - #173

If you recall raz, Naruto and co were sent after Gaara and Sasuke because half the village was knocked out by Kabuto's genjutsu... And Shino wanted to have his scheduled match with Kankuro, exams or no exams.

The Sasuke retrieval mission was done by Shikamru leading a squad of genin becuase a whole bunch of Leaf Ninjas were killed during the "Konoha Crush." Basically, it was all they could spare on such short notice, same reason Jiraiya was allowed to take Naruto with him to go find Tsunade and why Sasuke didn't get in trouble leaving the village unauthorized to fight Itachi when he found out that Itachi was after Naruto.

...In fact, I think that Kakashi was still recovering from the Tsukiyomi torture at the beginning of that arc. Note how he only went into the field when everything went south even after getting reinforcements from Sand and despite being one of the fastest ninja alive still got there too late.

And I apologize for coming out of left field with the "what do you want from me" bit.

If she wasn't going to ask something of Senko in the first place, then the answer would probably be something like "why so suspicious" or "well I wasn't going to ask but if you learn anything..."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #174

So I got caught up on Itachi's backstory from the Light Novels and such...

1: Itachi's prominent age lines came in when he was like, six. He was under enough stress that it was believable.

2: Apprnelty Konoha used more or less the same basic Chunin exam—a written test where you're supposed to cheat without getting caught, Navigate to the center of the Forest of Death while obtaining two scrolls, tournament—when Itachi took the exams several years before the start of the series which gives me the impression that they didn't really change the format until the combination of Gaara going psycho on those rain ninjas and Orochimaru's interference meant that the forest was a lot more dangerous than it was supposed to be.

"Oh, ****, the entrants are actually dying."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #175

A thought.

Is anything planned regarding a... Legacy, of Tobirama Senju is this timeline, given that he and Madara basically swapped roles?

Because I got an idea for something late-game that synergizes pretty well with a vague idea I had earlier but never shared but I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Well I did have this vague idea about some Legacy of Tobirama stuff in my head here and there...

-like a terrorist/rebel group that split off from Konoha calling themselves the Tobiramists blaming Konoha's imperialism on Madara and the Uchihas
    -some secret conspiracy Tobirama did where he somehow contacted the Ishikawas because they're relatives before the fight to pass on some secret or whatever, I don't remember the exact reasoning or plan
    -Tobirama possibly faking his death in his own way to live on in some manner to maybe do some plan in the current day, but I feel that would be repeating the Akatsuki/Madara a little too much when the five shinobi nations are themselves supposed to the villains/antagonists, and thus would distract from them. It would be a meaningless symmetry, and if there is to be a symmetry between this roleplay and canon I want to be a meaningful symmetry. Tobirama is not Senju Madara and thus would not do the same things. I don't see him enacting the eye of the moon plan or anything

so yeah....I have ideas kind of, but nothing solid enough in my mind to express or talk about until you asked, because I was never sure what direction this would go, it would be after Chuunin Exams, I kind of want to provide a lot of rogue shinobi good guys with good reasons to oppose and fight the established powers, and I'm not sure what to do with Tobirama because all the information we have on the guy is:
    -invented flying thunder god and edo tensei
    -distrusted the Uchihas and thus did things to worsen relations by.....making the Uchihas the police force which, odd way of depowering a group of people you dislike, one would think if you didn't trust or like them you wouldn't grant them a position of authority like that but.....okay?
    -chose Sarutobi over Danzo (probably the best decision he ever made as Hokage)
    -was a colder person than Hashirama was, which is like saying someplace is colder than the sun- screw it, what does the wiki say about his personality?
    Spoiler: Tobirama's Personality
    Show
    Tobirama was a stern man who spoke bluntly about most topics, never sugar-coating facts or the matter at hand. He had a pragmatic approach to life, believing that many of the world's problems could be solved through well-defined rules and laws.[5] Though his words could often come off as rude or insensitive, Tobirama himself was relatively calm and composed, rarely getting riled up or reacting emotionally. It was this that allowed him to act as a sort of counter-weight to his older brother, Hashirama's, ideals: when Hashirama would get carried away with his headstrong optimism, it fell to Tobirama to mediate and force a more realistic alternative in order to achieve those idealistic goals. Hashirama was typically disappointed by Tobirama's intervention, but he usually agreed without much protest.[19] But Hashirama would, at times, push back against Tobirama, often because Tobirama's methods were becoming too forceful; Hashirama's rare displays of anger on such occasions were enough to make Tobirama back down.[20] Despite how often he needed to undermine his brother and his personal opinion that Hashirama was something of an idiot,[21] Tobirama greatly loved and respected him, and if anything wanted Hashirama to respect himself the same way he and others did.[22]

Tobirama was a firm believer in the Will of Fire — a philosophy that held that all villagers of Konoha were part of a family. As Hokage, it was Tobirama's responsibility to protect that family, and any who threatened Konoha were subject to his rarely-seen but unbridled rage.[23] He modelled his own leadership after both Hashirama and Madara Uchiha, trying to strike a balance between Hashirama's indulgent nature and Madara's ruthlessness in order to protect the village. Tobirama wished for the villagers, with their disparate backgrounds, to move away from the tendency to only think about their clan and instead think of the village as a whole.[14] It was for this reason that he came into conflict with the Uchiha so frequently, as he felt they too often valued their own desires over others'; he believed Madara was the worst example of this tendency.[24] Although Tobirama truly hoped that the Konoha Military Police Force would help the Uchiha focus on the village, he was not surprised when they instead took it as an intentional slight, when that in turn led them to plan a coup against Konoha, and when the planned coup brought about their near-extinction. Despite this seeming prejudice against the Uchiha,[25] Tobirama was ready to cooperate with any Uchiha that could overcome their "Curse of Hatred"; he cited Kagami Uchiha as a prime example of this transcended Uchiha.[26]

Though they only knew each other for a short time, Tobirama and Minato Namikaze, the Fourth Hokage, got along superbly. Their mutual respect for each other seemed founded on their similarities: both of them famously moving and thinking quickly on the battlefield.[27][28] While their actual personalities were quite different, Tobirama was nevertheless amused by Minato's quirks, such as his complicated names for techniques, notably the "Spiralling Flash Super Round Dance Howl Style Three".[29] With Minato's son, Naruto Uzumaki, Tobirama was more frustrated than anything else: Naruto did not address him with the proper honourifics and failed to recognise him as the creator of certain jutsu, such as the Flying Thunder God Technique, which Naruto instead believed to be Minato's creation.
    Legacy:
    Although Tobirama created the Konoha Military Police Force with the intention of pacifying the Uchiha clan, it only exacerbated their feelings of marginalisation and, in effect, cut them off from positions of influence in Konoha. Dissatisfaction with Konoha grew amongst the Uchiha for decades following, eventually culminating in the Uchiha Clan Downfall.[65]

Tobirama would also be responsible in creating several vital institutions for Konoha such as the Academy, the Anbu, and the Chūnin Exams which would help Konoha bond many of the clans together to fight for Konoha and would also help Konoha foster relationships with the other villages. These institutions were so successful that other villages began implementing their own versions of them in their own nations.

His invention of the kinjutsu Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation would play a major role in the Fourth Shinobi World War and ironically would allow Tobirama as well as the other deceased Hokage the ability to assist the Allied Shinobi Forces in the war after they were reincarnated by Orochimaru at the behest of Sasuke Uchiha. The reincarnated Madara Uchiha himself begrudgingly admitted he was thankful to Tobirama for inventing the technique while fighting the reincarnated Hashirama Senju.

Wow no wonder this guy is cited as like, peoples least favorite Hokage (no one counts Danzo being "acting" Hokage) this guy's basically a stone who exists to make mistakes that come back to bite Konoha later, not like the Uchihas and invent minor background things that while technically important to history, are things no one cares about because all they do is lead to the present status quo. but then again, given that he was the Hokage that ruled between two ninjas proclaimed Gods of Shinobi....no wonder this guy's just not that memorable in universe and disliked out of universe, he is overshadowed by like, four different people (Hashirama, Sarutobi, Minato, Naruto), one of them just a guy using his jutsu but better.

So yeah, that explains why I never got much of an idea to use him, he kinda just.....fades into the background of like, 6 better Hokages despite probably being the one to establish how Konoha works as a society once everyone came off the "Hashirama is awesome" high. technically, Tobirama's legacy is.....making everything organized in canon. But since the institutions he created are so vital in and out of universe for Narutoverse's identity, I doubt they wouldn't be invented without him. While those two forbidden jutsus, are arguably more Orochimaru's and Minato's legacies than Tobirama's. he's just kinda this.....transitionary hokage that was there between greater legends.

and this roleplay, he supposedly gets killed before he does any of those accomplishments! so....what legacy would he have when he is in a WORSE position than canon?

so yeah, thats what basically gone through my head on why I don't actually have plans about Tobirama. though it would be a good opportunity to figure out SOMETHING to do with him.

27. - Top - End - #177

Okay, looking at your reasoning and vague thoughts I'm not sure what I had thought of works.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know why you take me expressing my thoughts as discouragement, we can still do something with Tobirama, its just unlikely to be a Tobirama that resembles his canon self much. Perhaps if he faked his death he had more time to do science and thus use his genius that allowed him to teleport potentially across the world and like BRING THE BACK THE FREAKING DEAD to do more things of that nature. like, this is high level space-time jutsu stuff, who knows what he could've done if he focused entirely on it?

If she wasn't going to ask something of Senko in the first place, then the answer would probably be something like "why so suspicious" or "well I wasn't going to ask but if you learn anything..."
    Well no, her asking you to do something shady is supposed to be a plot hook, and something consistent across the culture of the people who don't get the advantages of the five shinobi nations. I can't course correct now. But Senko's seemingly unwillingness and point blank question like that makes this harder because now it seems unreasonable OOC. I HAVE to come up with something regardless and I was supposed to, and I will. You can say no, but this request is supposed to happen.

29. - Top - End - #179

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I don't know why you take me expressing my thoughts as discouragement, we can still do something with Tobirama, its just unlikely to be a Tobirama that resembles his canon self much. Perhaps if he faked his death he had more time to do science and thus use his genius that allowed him to teleport potentially across the world and like BRING THE BACK THE FREAKING DEAD to do more things of that nature. like, this is high level space-time jutsu stuff, who knows what he could've done if he focused entirely on it?
    So uh... I never actually made plans for who Shimpi was Under the mask

A thought that randomly occured to me was that perhas tobirama arranged for himself to be revived using Edo Tensei sometime after his defeat as a contingency and is "Shimpi," whose throwing their lo in with the Sound Village is a long con of some sort, but I dont think that works given what yuo've said.
    Well no, her asking you to do something shady is supposed to be a plot hook, and something consistent across the culture of the people who don't get the advantages of the five shinobi nations. I can't course correct now. But Senko's seemingly unwillingness and point blank question like that makes this harder because now it seems unreasonable OOC. I HAVE to come up with something regardless and I was supposed to, and I will. You can say no, but this request is supposed to happen.
    Oh... Okay, sorry.

That wasn't meant as Senko rejecting anything, that as meant as Senko saying that she knows that something is going to be asked of her and she wants to know what the rogue nin expects to get in return before she agrees to anything.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #180

Bit more trivia from the Minao prequel manga.

As we are told, Minato created the Rasengan after witnessing the Tailed Beast bomb. Specifically, he fought Han and Roshi during one of the wars.

...But he didn't create it for himself. Fightin those two made him realize that the wars had escalated to the point that Jinchuriki had gone from being deterrents to being frontline fighters and was worried about Kushina being called on to fight on the front lines becuase of her power when she didn't have the kind of relationship with her tailed beast needed to use that kind of power.

He made the Rasengan with the intent of Kushina learning it so that she'd have a technique to compensate for lack of full access to the Nine-Tails power if she had to fight a Jinchuriki who had a better relationship with their beast than she did.

Jiraiya helped him refine the concept, and Minato originally wanted to name it after him, but both Jiraya and Kushina thought that "Halo Frozen Dessert Hair Whorl Jiraiya Twin Formula Sphere" was a dumb name and Kushina is the one who dubbed it the Rasengan.

So not only was it intended to be combined with a nature release, it was also intended to be used by someone with the chakra reserves of a Jinchuriki.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks