New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default HeroQuest Quests

We finished the 14 quests in the original quest pack. I've found some websites with additional Heroquest quests, but 99% of them seem to assume possession of additional expansions that add giant spiders, chaos orcs, pikemen, and a lot of other minis or custom floor tiles that I don't have.

Anyone have recommendations for some Heroquest quest lines that don't require anything other than a black and white printer to prep and run?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: HeroQuest Quests

Sorry, I can't be of help.

The original HeroQuest had two expansions: Return of the Witch Lord and Kellar's Keep. Personally, I thought the former was better than the latter, but that's just me.

When I was in high school and ran through those expansions, I ended up writing my own. Those were some unbelievably poorly-designed and highly derivative quests, let me tell you.

Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2022-09-27 at 11:47 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

I haven't run an entire quest since I got it; I think I started with a basic, from the book, quest, but we started adding tons of things as time went on, and my son's character just got out of prison, having been taken captive by the goblin warlock he conceived a vendetta against.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by J-H View Post
    We finished the 14 quests in the original quest pack. I've found some websites with additional Heroquest quests, but 99% of them seem to assume possession of additional expansions that add giant spiders, chaos orcs, pikemen, and a lot of other minis or custom floor tiles that I don't have.

Anyone have recommendations for some Heroquest quest lines that don't require anything other than a black and white printer to prep and run?
    It sounds like you've found some the Advanced Heroquest games as the base game didn't introduce that many extra minis. Extra floor tiles were very common though, although primarily cosmetic.

Personally, I would recommend getting hold of a blank floor plan and building your own maps and quest chains with whatever special rules/traps you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggling Ghast View Post
    The original HeroQuest had two expansions: Return of the Witch Lord and Kellar's Keep. Personally, I thought the former was better than the latter, but that's just me.
    Heroquest's had 2 other main expansions (new minis, floor tiles and rule), Against the Ogre Horde and Wizards of Morcar. There's been a couple other small character specific quest chains (Barbarian and Elf I think), plus plenty of stuff in the White Dwarf magazine at the time.

The re-release has done the base set, Return of the Witch Lord and Kellar's Keep and are planning to re-release the Barbarian quest pack as The Frozen Horror and the Elf quest pack as The Mage of the Mirror.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2022-10-02 at 03:18 AM.