A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default This person keeps posting "That's great" to a ton of threads?

Link to person in question.

This is very strange behavior. Should I be reporting this?
    Last edited by Tevo77777; 2022-09-26 at 12:54 AM.
    If I ever think that I've gone too far in my Homebrew, I can just think about how Kane0 isn't considered crazy, so why would I be considered so?
    -
    D20 Modern's handling of shotguns is the perfect case of not balancing for fun OR realism OR efficiency.
    -
    Where would I go to get people to test mechanics? Reddit?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: This person keeps posting "That's great" to a ton of threads?

Probably a spambot (or the human equivalent) so reporting it sounds like a good idea (the mods are usually pretty quick about catching spammers, but it doesn't hurt to alert them).

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Probably a spambot (or the human equivalent) so reporting it sounds like a good idea (the mods are usually pretty quick about catching spammers, but it doesn't hurt to alert them).
    Uh, how do I report it?
    If I ever think that I've gone too far in my Homebrew, I can just think about how Kane0 isn't considered crazy, so why would I be considered so?
    -
    D20 Modern's handling of shotguns is the perfect case of not balancing for fun OR realism OR efficiency.
    -
    Where would I go to get people to test mechanics? Reddit?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Click the little triangle with an exclamation point in it (on desktop it's below the poster's name and avatar, on mobile it's in the bottom of the post).

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

If youre genuinely suspicious or concerned about another poster's behavior, its pretty much always best to report them. Its not against the rules to be wrong as long as you use the correct systems, and ive never even heard of the mods doing so much as asking somebody to please calm down with the reports before, so theres really no reason not to do it if you think someone broke a rule somewhere.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Looks like the Mods already took care of this issue.
    But, as a Mod on other boards, I can tell you that this is the way:
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    If youre genuinely suspicious or concerned about another poster's behavior, its pretty much always best to report them. Its not against the rules to be wrong as long as you use the correct systems, and ive never even heard of the mods doing so much as asking somebody to please calm down with the reports before, so theres really no reason not to do it if you think someone broke a rule somewhere.
    It's easier for Mods to ignore a nonreport report, than to sift through 20,290,765 post to figure out the issues.
    It's usually appreciated, as long as it's not abused. :)
    Awesome Rutger Hauer Jugger Avatar by Thormag
    OSRIC Wiki & Site
    I play at The Unseen Servant PbP Forums

7. - Top - End - #7
    Archmage in the Playground Moderator

Metamagic Mod: the posters in this thread are correct. If you see anything that seems to violate one or more Forum Rules, or you have reason to suspect is a bot, please Report the post and don't engage. There are lots of reasons why it might take us a while to get to any given issue (primary reason is that we're all volunteers with busy lives) but we get to every reported post eventually. We would much rather have too many reports than too few. We never penalize anyone for reporting something that turns out to be fine.
    (Avatar by Cuthalion)