So I'm not sure I'll get some of what I want out of the new edition. And while obviously anything could happen in the playtest, I had a moment of inspiration and typed this up on my lunch.

It has NOT had a balance pass, because math is not my strength. It is intended to eventually to go with Martial Techniques, the working name for martial invocations I have yet to do more than think about.

Please critique. I am primarily interested in someone with math skills checking the balance and whether this feels fun and useful. Also looking for anything broken. Enjoy!

Weapon Tricks

To use a weapon trick, you must be proficient in the weapon(s) you are wielding. Weapon tricks are specific to the weapon, weapon damage type, or category of weapon. You may only use one weapon trick per attack.

Two-Weapon Fighting, for instance, is a trick you are capable of when wielding two light weapons. Grapple is a trick that is possible when you are unarmed.

Incompatibility
If you are using these rules, a character cannot also take the feats Crusher, Great Weapon Master, Piercer, Polearm Master, Sentinel, Sharpshooter, Shield Master, or Slasher.

Bonus Attacks
Some tricks (and some Martial Techniques) grant you a bonus attack. No matter which abilities you gain or weapons you wield you are only able to gain one bonus attack per round. You regain your ability to gain a bonus attack at the start of your turn. Bonus attacks may not also benefit from other tricks. A bonus attack on your turn costs a Bonus Action; on another creature's turn, it costs a Reaction.

Crit Abilities
When you get a critical hit with a weapon, it can do additional things depending on the weapon. Any critical hit also causes the Wounded condition.

Wounded: you have taken a deadly wound. In combat or other stressful situations, roll a Constitution Saving Throw DC 10 at the start of your turn; failure means you take a level of Exhaustion. You may choose to take no action this turn to avoid making this saving throw. Any levels of Exhaustion gained this way are lost when combat or the stressful situation is over. Wounded may be healed by a medicine check (DC 10, advantage if expending a use of a Healing Kit) during a short or long rest or by casting Lesser Restoration.

Saving Throws
When your ability imposes a saving throw, the DC is 8+Proficiency Modifier+ either STR or DEX modifier (your choice).

By weapon damage:

Melee weapon, bludgeoning: when you hit with an attack, you may forgo damage to Shove the enemy as if doing so with an unarmed attack.
Melee weapon, slashing: when you hit with an attack, you may forgo damage to impose the Slowed condition until the end of the creature's turn.
Melee or ranged weapon, piercing: when you hit with an attack, you may choose once per turn to reroll the weapon damage. You must take the new result.

Weapon Crit, bludgeoning weapon: The target is Stunned until the end of their next turn.
Weapon Crit, slashing weapon (bonus attack): You may immediately attack an adjacent enemy within range using the same weapon you just crit with.
Weapon Crit, piercing weapon: Enemies have disadvantage on saves to avoid gaining Exhaustion due to being Wounded.

By weapon category:

Finesse (bonus attack) Riposte: when an enemy misses you with a melee attack roll while you wield a weapon with the Finesse property, they provoke an attack of opportunity for you.

Heavy: Power Attack: when you make a melee attack roll with a weapon with the Heavy property, you may choose to swing wildly. Do not add your proficiency modifier to the attack roll; if you hit, add double your proficiency modifier to the damage roll.

Light: Two-Weapon Fighting (bonus attack): when you wield two weapons with the Light property, you may make a bonus attack with one of them.

Reach (bonus attack): when wielding a weapon with the Reach property, an enemy that moves into your range provokes an attack of opportunity.

Unarmed Attack: When you hit with an attack, you may forgo damage to either Grapple or Shove the enemy. (as per first UA for OneD&D)

Specific weapons:

Dagger: Fan of Knives (bonus attack). You may throw two daggers instead of one when making a thrown weapon attack. They may target the same creature or separate ones, but all targets must be in a 20' cone.

Dagger: Sacrifice. When casting a spell that requires verbal, somatic, or material components that have no cost, you may cut yourself to as a substitute for one of these components (you choose). Spend a hit die and roll it, adding your constitution modifier to the total. Your current and maximum hit points are reduced by this much. You may use this ability only once per turn. Your maximum hit points are restored on a long rest.

Flail: when disarming, you have advantage on the attack roll.

Longbow or Shortbow (bonus attack): you may shoot two arrows instead of one when making a ranged attack roll. They may target the same creature or separate ones, but all targets must be in an 80' cone.

Polearm (spear, staff, glaive, halberd, trident or pike): (bonus attack) when you wield a polearm with both hands, you may make a bonus attack with the butt end, dealing 1d4+STR damage on a hit.

Quarterstaff: when wielding a quarterstaff and casting a spell that does not have a range of Touch or Self, you may double the range. .

Sap: if you hit a humanoid creature from behind while it is Surprised, you may choose to do no damage and instead knock it unconscious.

Shield: when wielding a shield, you may use your reaction to block an incoming spell. You have advantage on Dexterity saving throws when you do this.

Spear: when making an attack roll, you may choose to increase the range by 5 feet.

Whip: When you hit with the whip, you may Grapple the target as if you had hit it with an Unarmed Attack.