New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Utropia

1. - Top - End - #721
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Utropia

I kind of felt like "go for it, vig, as long as it's the Wombat", but Cultist's power was weirder than what the Wombat's appears to be and he was still Town. (I also distinctly remember that time when in the previous UPick a gentleman from the planes in a ventral position bestowed upon me the power to ritually sacrifice someone at night and we were both Town.) So, all in all, unless you have hard evidence, we could indeed do with less kicking people in the face until they die than the night before.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I didn't when I was a wolf yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Guys? I think Xi might be telling the truth. On both counts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Oh, so your trope makes you change teams every day. Understand, have fun. @Xihirli
    A neutral who wins if the wolves win on odd days, wins with town on even days? I doubt it, but possible.
    Xi, care to state who you voided? In case you die and 3SC can't relay the info for some reason. (Doubtful, but we don't know all the limitations or if some better option came up in deadchat.)

3. - Top - End - #723

I mean, Heel–Face Revolving Door and Chronic Backstabbing Disorder are tropes and we are talking about Xihirli.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    A neutral who wins if the wolves win on odd days, wins with town on even days? I doubt it, but possible.
    Xi, care to state who you voided? In case you die and 3SC can't relay the info for some reason. (Doubtful, but we don't know all the limitations or if some better option came up in deadchat.)
    Well, I am town right now, so… AV. Whether I actually blocked a kill seems murky to me, though.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Well, I am town right now, so… AV. Whether I actually blocked a kill seems murky to me, though.
    AV, you willing to confirm or deny that you were baned N1? Or if you would be able to tell?
    I understand if you'd like to wait until Day to answer.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

AV, you willing to confirm or deny that you were baned N1? Or if you would be able to tell?
    I understand if you'd like to wait until Day to answer.
    It's possible but I would have no idea. I got a "trope about tropes" kinda power, but I get no feedback so I'd have to ask the person I targeted if they noticed that what should've happened happened. And saying more than that requires claiming which I don't wanna do just yet...but I think I will do it tonight instead of tomorrow.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #727
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'll also add that the AV/bladescape stuff could be distancing, but it feels too sincere. AV reads more as a wolf trying to make a case against bladescape. But it's hard to read either of them.
    I was ready to death tunnel AV if BCH flipped wolf.

I'm... not entirely as sure now but AV definitely is on my sus list because of all the people around AV is one of the people who has the best understanding of my choices to play, proven in previous games, and so this uncharitable take on my play is kinda out there.

Also the "Now around to defend themselves" is kinda weak when AV should know I don't like about irl for in-game advantages.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

All crickets, now...

Not that I feel I have any new insights or anything, and the last time I tried to talk at night I was told that was Wolf-positive...

9. - Top - End - #729
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Is it that town seems to be mostly wasting the opportunity to learn something from D2 to figure out D1? (I hope you can all deduce a lot from there having been town/town wagons). Because that seems pretty bad from my point of view.
    It's not just town/town wagons, none of our D1 wagons were wolves, and as Bladescape already pointed out it makes AV significantly less likely to be a wolf than if you'd flipped wolf. When she voted you, Xihirli already was and Snow and I were discussing you. That's the exact right time for a strong wolf to get to the front of the bus to maybe claim credit, and the others would've then been on Cultist or off-wagon.

Now that you're town, what would've been wolf!AV's motivation there? It's not showing independent reads. You weren't pushed to save anyone because there were no wolves at risk. It's much more likely AV just read you wrong like the rest of us.

I'll admit to a bias for really wanting AV to be town because it means my reads were not much worse than hers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    Jeen is currently claimed as a Mason by their partner. Historically masons start the game connected, so I want to see if your Jeen read has taken that into account. But Bat is right and their reply made me remember something in a recent game. We have had a Mason pair where one player was a wolf and the other town, but the town player thought they were both town. In a game like this, seeing the power level that we've seen, I wouldn't discount that possibility. So I'll ask them: Do your tropes confirm the alignment of your partner? Or did you both already do this and I missed it? I'm trying to comb your posts but time is ticking so I'll let someone else point out if I'm wrong.
    My role text refers to JeenLeen as "The Annoying Dad, town". Which is why I made a point of marking his entry in my reads list with "Annoying". Being able to signal to AV and Bladescape that I was annoyed with their scumreads on my buddy was an added bonus

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripptor View Post
    Wow... That's awful.

I wonder why BCH didn't want to claim or reveal? "Two Votes" is something they should have been able to prove, I'd think?
    Vote manipulation powers make most people more likely to want to eliminate him than not, because they're often given to wolves. And I want to point out that with the mayoral vote, Batcathat could've easily tried to save himself but didn't, so kudos to him because that Woobie power is the first one I've seen this game I really don't like. So petty

- - - Updated - - -

Does any of the fluff in the narration fit your trope?
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Titan in the Playground

I don't expect so.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

11. - Top - End - #731
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post

My role text refers to JeenLeen as "The Annoying Dad, town". Which is why I made a point of marking his entry in my reads list with "Annoying". Being able to signal to AV and Bladescape that I was annoyed with their scumreads on my buddy was an added bonus
    Tell your partner to be less sus. Not my fault.

My reads are pending overnight flips tbh. Waiting to see what night brings before revealing what I think BCH's flip points towards.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

Begin Tansmission

Not much to report, all and all a kind of boring report. Barely worth reporting on. You all remember that orphan we used to shun after his parents gave their lives for Utropia? How we stuck him in a house and said "okay kid, leave us all lone" and didn't even teach him to check the expiration date on milk? Hold on I'm getting a message. Right, I've been instructed to get to the point. Anyways he grew up and became a jerk for some reason. Turns out he may have killed the mayor in revenge or because he was sick on spoiled milk. Unclear. Anyways he was found with a shoe imprint on his face. So good news I guess. I'm sure going to celebrate. I hated that guy. Perhaps this is a turning point for the city.

End Transmission

Spoiler: Flips
    Show

Flatfooted you are the Hated Villain, Wolf.
    Your tropes are
    >>> Advancing Boss of Doom: You gain additional powers as the game goes on. For now your power is a scry that tells you the name of one trope the target has.
    All of the other Reindeer: Everyone hates you. That hatred only fuels you however. To advance in power, you must advance your vote counter. To advance this you must end the day with votes on you. Each player may only advance your vote counter once.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

So, assuming nobody dies by poison in a few hours, the wolfkill might've been stopped.
    And our face-kicker is definitely not a wolf. Could be SK, but I'm willing to believe town vig unless reason to think otherwise.

Xi: if nobody dies by poison by midday, I recommend you tell us who you voided as you might've stopped the kill. Please don't tell us now.
    Persolus: maybe tell us who you baned. Maybe keep quiet if you have the normal limit of "can't bane same person twice in a row." Please do NOT tell us if you have that limit, as we don't want the wolves to know.

I'll wait to cast a vote until I see how others act/any mech reveals or notes from 3SC. I have a strong towncred on Persolus after D2, gut townlean on bladescape, confused about Book Wombat, trust Cao/Taffimai/Rogan, and slight wolfleans on everyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, on Xi, it was a wolflean, but if the wolves got voided... well, then that changes things a bit. So pending if we see a mid-day death.

Book Wombat: I'd like to know who you targeted. Also, did you get any feedback N1? N2?

14. - Top - End - #734

Huh. No wolfkill and a dead dog. Too bad it's flat, but a dead dog's a dead dog. Good job, vig!

- - - Updated - - -

So, assuming nobody dies by poison in a few hours, the wolfkill might've been stopped.
    And our face-kicker is definitely not a wolf. Could be SK, but I'm willing to believe town vig unless reason to think otherwise.

Xi: if nobody dies by poison by midday, I recommend you tell us who you voided as you might've stopped the kill. Please don't tell us now.
    Persolus: maybe tell us who you baned. Maybe keep quiet if you have the normal limit of "can't bane same person twice in a row." Please do NOT tell us if you have that limit, as we don't want the wolves to know.
    Good thinking. Do what the Annoying Dad says, kids!

Well, on Xi, it was a wolflean, but if the wolves got voided... well, then that changes things a bit. So pending if we see a mid-day death.
    I don't know. It's hard to tell with the poison stuff, but the vig kill might just have higher priority than what the dogs got. Maybe flat carried and the vig just shot him down with the kill and all?

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Thinking a bit more, I think Persolus shouldn't tell us who got baned yet. Giving that info early helps the wolves know how to lie, and could let them figure out if their kill was stopped by a bane or void. No reason to reveal that early day.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Thinking a bit more, I think Persolus shouldn't tell us who got baned yet. Giving that info early helps the wolves know how to lie, and could let them figure out if their kill was stopped by a bane or void. No reason to reveal that early day.
    Well, as I previously stated, Gac3 told me I would know from the fluff if my power took effect, so no one tried to kill my target.

17. - Top - End - #737

Okay, that's even better than a name.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Titan in the Playground

The power reveal is a bit of a breath of fresh air. It gives us a peek at wolf power levels, and this feels...fine? A power that gradually gets stronger/more possible uses, but only if you have people voting you every day? And it starts out as just a power scry, which is less in line with Cultist and more in line with the other flips thus far.

I think I'm going to hold off on my power claim until a ways into day. I suspect it'll get a...reaction. Hopefully it'll be an interesting and useful reaction.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Persolus View Post
    Well, as I previously stated, Gac3 told me I would know from the fluff if my power took effect, so no one tried to kill my target.
    That was definitely worth sharing.
    I'll trust Xi and Persolus for now.

Definitely want to hear from Book Wombat about what feedback (if any) they get and what they were up to.
    If a wolf dies from poison in 24 hours, we can be confident the poisoner is a SK. (Or we got some crazy fluff and the face-kicker is SK and poisoner townvig, but I'll assume otherwise unless evidence points that way.)
    If nobody dies from poison, then I question the existence of a SK (poison could be wolf kill power), I think Xi is town, and whoever Xi targeted is a wolf.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Barbarian in the Playground

Book Wombat: I'd like to know who you targeted. Also, did you get any feedback N1? N2?
    N1 I got feedback on what effect my random power caused.
    N2... I'll wait until tomorrow (not Day Four) for reasons.
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2022-10-11 at 10:23 AM.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

21. - Top - End - #741

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I think I'm going to hold off on my power claim until a ways into day. I suspect it'll get a...reaction. Hopefully it'll be an interesting and useful reaction.
    Suddenly I'm not sure I'm going to like what I hear.

That was definitely worth sharing.
    I'll trust Xi and Persolus for now.

Definitely want to hear from Book Wombat about what feedback (if any) they get and what they were up to.
    If a wolf dies from poison in 24 hours, we can be confident the poisoner is a SK. (Or we got some crazy fluff and the face-kicker is SK and poisoner townvig, but I'll assume otherwise unless evidence points that way.)
    If nobody dies from poison, then I question the existence of a SK (poison could be wolf kill power), I think Xi is town, and whoever Xi targeted is a wolf.
    Again, how do you know the dogs were stopped by a void and not by their designated killer getting offed by the vig? Because if the latter happened, that tells us nothing about Xi (unless she lied earlier about her power).

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Taffimai pointed out, in our private chat, that it looks like TMI that I talk about the poison in 24 hours.
    It's correct we don't know that. I was taking an assumption I made D1--since the Narrator declaration of poison in the bloodstream was made 24 hours into D1--and assuming it meant that the poison was a delayed kill power that activates mid-day. But I admit it could activate at the killer's choice, randomly, etc.
    I'll still feel more trusting of Xi if nobody dies mid-day, though. If someone dies by poison at EOD or some other time, though, I guess my trust vanishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    N1 I got feedback on what effect my random power caused.
    N2... I'll wait until tomorrow (not Day Four) for reasons.
    That's legit. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Suddenly I'm not sure I'm going to like what I hear.

Again, how do you know the dogs were stopped by a void and not by their designated killer getting offed by the vig? Because if the latter happened, that tells us nothing about Xi (unless she lied earlier about her power).
    I was ninja'd by this, but I hope the answer above makes sense. I get if I still seem suspicious, but, well, that's my explanation.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, wait, I slightly misread.
    It's very rare in games that actions get "priority" unless it's something like bane/void. If flat_footed was doing the wolfkill, I would assume it would still go off unless we have reason to think otherwise.
    Also, moonfly's power went off N1, so we know the kill isn't a "kill and void".

23. - Top - End - #743
    Titan in the Playground

I'd prefer to avoid making any claims that the kill was prevented until we get as far into D3 as we did D2 when we got the "slow poison" update from gac. At the same time, Meta insisting this doesn't clear the baner or voider the way they did has me giving em a bit of side-eye.

I'm working on Wagonomics, might take a bit.

EDIT: If the poison isn't a delayed NK (be it wolf or SK in origin), it'd be a dayvig, and we've not had anybody claim that yet. It's possible though.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2022-10-11 at 10:35 AM.

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #744

Taffimai pointed out, in our private chat, that it looks like TMI that I talk about the poison in 24 hours.
    It's correct we don't know that. I was taking an assumption I made D1--since the Narrator declaration of poison in the bloodstream was made 24 hours into D1--and assuming it meant that the poison was a delayed kill power that activates mid-day. But I admit it could activate at the killer's choice, randomly, etc.
    I'll still feel more trusting of Xi if nobody dies mid-day, though. If someone dies by poison at EOD or some other time, though, I guess my trust vanishes.
    I appreciate the honesty of acknowledging that, but

I was ninja'd by this, but I hope the answer above makes sense. I get if I still seem suspicious, but, well, that's my explanation.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, wait, I slightly misread.
    It's very rare in games that actions get "priority" unless it's something like bane/void. If flat_footed was doing the wolfkill, I would assume it would still go off unless we have reason to think otherwise.
    Also, moonfly's power went off N1, so we know the kill isn't a "kill and void".

And I was going to add that the explanation above does not address my concerns, but I see you somehow swordsaged me while I was busy hitting the button. So, yes, that's a fine point there.

- - - Updated - - -

Meta insisting this doesn't clear the baner or voider the way they did has me giving em a bit of side-eye.
    For the record: Persolus claims his bane never activated, so I'm not really taking that one into account, whereas our voider is, well, Xihirli.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2022-10-11 at 10:36 AM.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I'd prefer to avoid making any claims that the kill was prevented until we get as far into D3 as we did D2 when we got the "slow poison" update from gac. At the same time, Meta insisting this doesn't clear the baner or voider the way they did has me giving em a bit of side-eye.
    I felt off about it as well. Nothing solid, but seemed like a wolf worried the void might out a wolf, so wanting to cast some doubt early on.
    I'll start the votes off with Metastachydium. Might be a squirrelly pigeon, but I'm willing to start there until I hear something from others to put more heat elsewhere.

[EDIT: If the poison isn't a delayed NK (be it wolf or SK in origin), it'd be a dayvig, and we've not had anybody claim that yet. It's possible though.
    I doubt this from the fluff, as it seems like the poison was already in moonfly when the death occurred.
    Not saying it's impossible, and it's good to point out the possibility.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2022-10-11 at 08:39 PM.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not telling you anything! I'm a wolf!
    Show

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Okay, well, I admit that sounds more iffy than Meta's statement. It's be hilarious if 3SC gives moonfly's scry result on Xi, and the answer is "???"

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

A dead wolf! That's 50/50 for our Vig, so go them!

More good news! This simplifies things quite nicely: Xihirli

29. - Top - End - #749
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ripptor View Post
    A dead wolf! That's 50/50 for our Vig, so go them!

More good news! This simplifies things quite nicely: Xihirli
    You know what, can't complain about this. Xihirli's name is red.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #750
    Titan in the Playground

Looking at vote movements, and um...I don't wanna sound like a broken record but...

Quote Originally Posted by gac3
    Flatfooted you are the Hated Villain, Wolf.
    Your tropes are
    >>> Advancing Boss of Doom: You gain additional powers as the game goes on. For now your power is a scry that tells you the name of one trope the target has.
    All of the other Reindeer: Everyone hates you. That hatred only fuels you however. To advance in power, you must advance your vote counter. To advance this you must end the day with votes on you. Each player may only advance your vote counter once.
    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Flat_footed
    ...I'm just saying.

And like, sure, caveat to that: blade didn't keep the vote on flat the whole day, so it wouldn't have advanced his power. But like...this is the only person who voted flat either day. If you were a wolf D1, and you've got a scumbuddy with a power like that...I'm just saying!
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2022-10-11 at 10:56 AM.

My Homebrew