New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Utropia

1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Utropia

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I could definitely see someone having "vote a mayor" unlocked as a passive power.
    Oh man and I didn't even start my campaign! Maybe I could win this thing!

I have two tropes combined as my power. Neither are very good on their own, and all in all I find the power level average to a normal game. Like, I'd consider it weak if I had either power in a normal game, but the two together are okay.
    I've got an active power that's pretty standard, and then a passive which is more or less "under very specific circumstances, your active power goes from normal to busted".

...I think. It's possible the thing I think is busted is something the active power can already do, and the passive just makes the "busted" aspect work more reliably under specific circumstances. But I'm inclined to think it's in a "not busted" state by default.

EDIT: I guess it's possible it starts in a "semi-busted" state specifically cuz gac expects me to die early and wanted to give me one really good power usage before I bit the dust lol
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2022-10-04 at 08:52 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I think I didn't understand something.
    What information do we gain if Let'sGetKraken dies? Or were you just joking?
    Though I'll state now that, if there's no solid answer on info-gaining, I think I'll vote bladescape. If bladescape flips wolf, I think we could trust the post about Cao. (The inverse of course is not true.) And seeing how folk respond as we get some 3-vote wagons might yield intel.
    You answered your own question at the end there. 'Seeing how folk respond as we get some 3 vote wagons' is exactly what you're ensuring by voting Kraken, who is at least as prolific as bladescape in these games. I know for a fact that he posted way more than bladescape did last game, only going quiet at the end because he was indeed scum.

Edit: That is to say if we're going to pick a wagon, Kraken is a better choice than blade since he posts more and will therefore reveal more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Let'sGetKraken View Post
    I will say, killing me would be a waste of D1 and would give you very little information.
    On the contrary, we get to ISO everyone on your wagon (including me!), since wagonomics have been the pre-eminent means of deducing who the wolves are. Seeing who jumps on your wagon - and when - gives us all information for later lynches. The fact that Snowblaze started it, that I jumped onto it, JeenLeen also toyed with the idea before hedging bladescape; this is all useful info to Town. Why deprive the thread of that juicy data?
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2022-10-04 at 08:54 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Post Re: Utropia

Genuinely flattered. I voted bladescape because a) I wanted to encourage them to participate since they're a high-calibre player (I did say "for now") and b) because I was also a wagon and would very much not like to die.

I will say, killing me would be a waste of D1 and would give you very little information.
    I miscleared you two games in a row because I didn't give your wolf game enough credit, so I'm not making that mistake again.

Also it's a quarter or less of the way through a pretty active D1, I don't think the current wagons are likely to be the same as the people who are actually in danger of dying come EOD.

Also also do you have any reads yet? ("Caoimhin is town" doesn't count.)

Speaking of Caoimhin, Jeen, can you talk about that? You said wolf!you would expect town to be paranoid about it - are you paranoid yourself?
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Let'sGetKraken is always a wolf.

Welcome back, Taffimai! I'll try not to deathtunnel you!

Safest way to deal with the gac thing is to end the game as quickly as possible by killing wolves as quickly as possible.

Zelphas 2: Zelphas, AvatarVecna
    Let'sGetKraken 2: Xihirli, Snowblaze
    Snowblaze 1: moonfly7
    Taffimai 1: Batcathat
    Persolus 1: Book Wombat

- - - Updated - - -

So, did I mention I think gac3 is an awesome narrator? ;)
    Snow advocates for killing faster instead of carefully to avoid an event no one quite understands yet. Regular tomfoolery or manipulation disguised as tomfoolery?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Yeah, right. And that's before I got to check in. Which I'm going to do approximately... now!

Hello fellow citizens!

I'd like to vote for keeping Snowblaze alive today. Keep the (usually) active players active some more, so we don't end up with a whole bunch of low posters in the endgame.
    This vote might or might not have meaning and might or might not be a hint to my power

Regarding our beloved mayor (and more important, narrator) I think there is one important question, which I can't answer and I actually doubt anybody else can do this:
    Is the victory condition of the narrator mutually exclusive with the victory condition of anybody else? Maybe even everybody else?
    A related question: Will the game go on when the countdown ended?

If it doesn't hurt anybody: well, showing some gratitude towards the narrator by supporting his victory is something I definitely won't mind. Plus, a classical DEM is to the benefit of the good guys. But I can't really blame anybody for being afraid of the unknown.

So, is there anybody willing to claim additional information about this whole process?
    Could we get some informal vote about this topic?

I'm in favor of supporting the narrator as long as doing so is not throwing the game.

Slightly related to the question above:
    Anybody interested in claiming neutral and sharing their victory condition? I suppose we have got enough players that neutrals are possible and the tropes might allow for some interesting victory conditions instead of the usual survive or kill all.
    Fair warning: Outing yourself as neutral with an untestable victory condition might turn you into a lynch target on the ground of "they could be lying" and "we can be sure to hit non-town". I'm unlikely to take this route, but there had been enough talk about this before that I feel like I should mention it.

Out of curiosity: Is anybody willing to claim to have picked a trope in order to increase the likelihood of a certain alignment?
    I tried to get a neutral role with one of my picks, but nope. Non-Neutral. (Would you believe me if I said town?)

Enough of the general questions, here are some more specific ones:

AV: Welcome back to the games. I hope you enjoyed the short break from the murdering and, more importantly, getting murdered. What would it take to make this game really enjoyable for you?

Bat: Can I recruit you to the "keep the talkative players alive as long as there is no strong case against them" club? (Currently I'm the only official member, I'm afraid)

Book: You said you picked a story, right? Action, object and idea. Are you satisfied with your outcome?

Flat: I think you've been a silent wolf the last two mafia games (and were a silent townie the match before). What does it take to get you to talk some more?

Kraken: How does it feel to be a wolf all the time?
    I don't like the grouping of players into the "talkative" and "not talkative" groups solely because grouping up protected players, even for just one day, is suspicious and gives the player who organized it a semblance of power.

Also I am not claiming neutral, and as stated before unless a neutral claim can prove it's useful we might as well lynch them. Though do more that considering how much we've discussed them being suspicious someone claiming neutral might legitimately just be neutral since why would a hostile pick a suspicious claim? But we can't risk they won't double play us. So I advocate knifing the neutrals if we find them.

Green text could be to lure us into a town decision, or it could be a red herring. Here's the thing: towny gains nothing from green text but looking suspicious unless it's there powers. So either Rogan is a towny with a day power, or he's a wolf. Currently the only suspicious character, he might be my vote soon.
    I guess that's hardly a surprise. Although I think you could really get a bit more trusting (so backstabbing you gets easier) (I didn't say nothing!).

Sounds good to me. Although on Day 1, I think it's usually more interesting what other people say (or don't say) about the lynch target. Like "yeah, I guess this player is town, but I'd still rather lynch them instead of a player I'm more suspicious about" which basically happened during the tarot club when Snows survival steak ended.

This might have worked? At least it would have been a funny little revenge. Which would probably be pro town, no matter what alignment flat really has this time.

I certainly mean you no harm with my vote. Unfortunately, there is enough potential chaos to prevent me from making any accurate predictions about the outcome. But yeah. Welcome to the club!

Definitely a point I can't argue against. But let's consider a situation where extending the game doesn't hurt, like a misslynch-and-lose. I think it's better to prolong the game, which will help the narrator and probably will be helpful for town as well.

Well, voting you in red would be polary opposed to my goal of keeping you alive, right?
    Other than that... No comment yet.
    Here Rogan suggests prolonging the game contrary to Snows quick death strategy. A move so obviously town leaning it makes me put points in the opposite direction.

Important note: the mayor vote. I think rogans green text is connected to this suggestion, perhaps even just outright a mayoral choosing device. Could be town, could be a trope like "stuffed ballot box" or something. We can't trust him if he's got a meta power like this, unless we can get an explanation but even I admit that an explanation is dumb this early on.
    I like 70 page monstrosities! They imply I'm still alive at the end of the game.

I guess we could try to elect another mayor (I think something like that had been done in the distance past, without mechanical impact) but other than that, there is not much we can do except using or not using deadly powers without a good target. Or strictly speaking, governing the use of any power which might influence the number of deaths.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Yeah, as long as we don't know a) when gac will resurrect b) how we can stop/delay that (if at all) c) what happens when he wins and/or uses Deus Ex Machina, we can't really do anything on tha matter but speculate wildly (which is fun, as long as it doesn't distract us from speculating wildly about the wolves).

Electing a new mayor does sound fun though. If nothing else, it'll be entertainingly awkward when gac returns to life and someone's sitting in his office.
    Your playing into his hand. I believe voting green will effect his power somehow, avoid doing so if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    Fwiw I think the Deus Ex Machina is either just a joke to make us nervous and does nothing, or tied to the power of one of the players. It would have been a clever trope to ask for.
    Makes sense if you didn't get your own ability. Also, caohimin could be the mcguffin, since he's basically a plot driving device right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    My general thought: most of the powers in the game aren't necessarily balanced. Gac claims he was trying to balance them, but that it's hard to do so with this much chaos going on. He probably wanted to be faithful to the tropes picked, but still tried to keep things reasonable-ish. To that end, I don't think he would've picked horribly-unbalanced powers for himself just to be a bastard narrator. Narrator unaffected by all powers and not picking a side? Eh, that's the normal setup, just made explicit. The ticking clock thng

Mmmmmm.

I wouldn't count on this. While I don't think the narrator's wincon is "you took too long killing wolves so everybody but me loses haha", the narrator's middle power makes it explicit he's not on any particular side here.

I'm not interested in claiming neutral.

*makes a note*

I actually tried to pick tropes that could be fun regardless of what alignment I turned out to be. To that end, I was looking through Tropes that are themselves about Tropes, and also Tropes about Game Mechanics. I'm reasonably happy with what I got.

I think a game like this is going to be less about the challenge of analyzing things and earning a victory through moderately-okay skills, and more about hoping the chaos unfolds in my favor. I more or less gave up on that kind of personal victory as soon as I signed up for the game. I think the fun of this game is more about watching the chaos unfold and seeing what kind of crazy powers got cooked up. Don't get me wrong, I'm still gonna put in effort and try to win. But it's probably gonna be less effort than usual, a more relaxed "fiddle as Rome burns" kinda win. Or loss, depending on if the odds favor us or not. You get my point.

Don't worry too much about my personal enjoyment. I think this game will be fun enough for me, especially going in with calibrated expectations the way I am.

"God In The Machine"

I've got another guess at gac's power. "God In The Machine" could be said to be a rough synonym for "RNGesus". Hypothesis: if we aren't killing each other fast enough and gac wakes up, DEM is another kill power, randomly assigned each night.

lmao

There's games where it's had mechanical impact, but it's usually just a joke. Not that I mind a little tomfoolery, of course.

This is interesting actually - the idea that a player requested this, and that it made more sense to gac to apply that power to himself. And I know I didn't get all the tropes I requested as powers...

1) Is anyone willing to stand up and say "I picked one of the tropes gac3 has"?

2) For that matter, is anyone willing to claim what tropes they asked for that they didn't get?
    The trope I chose that wasn't picked was Abnormal Ammo. I wanted guns. I did not receive guns.

Also both Rogan AV have used the exact same term "this much chaos". Yes yes I know it's just words, but a little weird. Also AV cited those words as coming from Gac3, but I never saw him say that. Ever. But maybe I just missed it. Still, it's almost like they're repeating a fraze that they saw used in a private chat they have together.....

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    You answered your own question at the end there. 'Seeing how folk respond as we get some 3 vote wagons' is exactly what you're ensuring by voting Kraken, who is at least as prolific as bladescape in these games. I know for a fact that he posted way more than bladescape did last game, only going quiet at the end because he was indeed scum.

Edit: That is to say if we're going to pick a wagon, Kraken is a better choice than blade since he posts more and will therefore reveal more information.

On the contrary, we get to ISO everyone on your wagon (including me!), since wagonomics have been the pre-eminent means of deducing who the wolves are. Seeing who jumps on your wagon - and when - gives us all information for later lynches. The fact that Snowblaze started it, that I jumped onto it, JeenLeen also toyed with the idea before hedging bladescape; this is all useful info to Town. Why deprive the thread of that juicy data?
    Think about why I am saying that you will get very little information from my death in particular.
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

6. - Top - End - #66
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Bat: Can I recruit you to the "keep the talkative players alive as long as there is no strong case against them" club? (Currently I'm the only official member, I'm afraid)
    I'd like to join this club! I am trying my best to be talkative, it's just that I unfortunately have to sleep sometimes
    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    The die has spoken! And it hath said Persolus.
    In that case, nothing personal, Book Wombat, but you know this means war
    Electing a new mayor does sound fun though. If nothing else, it'll be entertainingly awkward when gac returns to life and someone's sitting in his office.
    In that case may I nominate myself for the position? I promise to do what's best for everyone! [insert other vague campaign promises here]
    Last edited by Persolus; 2022-10-06 at 07:29 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

This is madness! What have I gotten myself into??

Until further notice, I'm gonna assume that anyone doing anything weird is trying to use a power of some kind...
    (Cue everyone being weird ALL THE TIME, which is my kind of thing!!)

So, in a desperate attempt to trigger as MANY powers as possible:

I vote Zelphas, who voted themselves.

I'd like to vote for keeping Snowblaze not only alive, but Snowblaze for mayor!

And of course, I am not a wolf.

2) For that matter, is anyone willing to claim what tropes they asked for that they didn't get?
    The TWO that I didn't get:

Daddy's Little Villain, because I love it and thought it would be cool to have a power that triggered on a certain other character's death

And Villainesses want Heroes, which I thought would be cool to have a power that had me flipping teams chaotically, like: You're Town only if XYZ lives, otherwise you're a Wolf.

BUT that second one was too "team-forcing" (which I understand) so I picked another :gift-heart:

Did anyone else get an option vetoed for accidentally team forcing?

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Think about why I am saying that you will get very little information from my death in particular.
    Of course you would imply heavily that you're town if you're a wolf. It doesn't give you any credit to debase my intelligence like that. Or is there another reason you'd like to share with the class as to why we would 'get little information from your death in particular'?
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2022-10-04 at 09:01 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    Gac claims he was trying to balance them, but that it's hard to do so with this much chaos going on.
    Also AV cited those words as coming from Gac3, but I never saw him say that. Ever. But maybe I just missed it. Still, it's almost like they're repeating a fraze that they saw used in a private chat they have together.....
    You're getting too hung up on the specific words "too much chaos". I wasn't quoting or citing him, I was paraphrasing - it's an important distinction. Specifically, this from the discord:

Quote Originally Posted by gac3
    I am about to type up the thread. Remember, I make no promises of balance. Only really in numbers on each alignment did I try
    EDTI: I don't wanna forget about it, so if I live a few days remind me about the "rogan trying to prolong game". Could be worth looking into.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2022-10-04 at 09:05 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Disagree with large amounts of Moonfly's post, but there is definitely plenty of tinfoil and paranoia in there. Tentative town points.

Rogan is also joining the "tentative town" club for vague gut meta reasons. Everyone else is nullish for now. I reserve the right to decide these are bad reads and reverse them at some point.

Also hi Ripptor! Thanks for supporting my campaign! Have a free Arbitrary Meaningless Item!

Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Green text could be to lure us into a town decision, or it could be a red herring. Here's the thing: towny gains nothing from green text but looking suspicious unless it's there powers. So either Rogan is a towny with a day power, or he's a wolf. Currently the only suspicious character, he might be my vote soon.
    I wouldn't be entirely opposed to a Rogan wagon, though I have misread Rogan's early game before so I am (extremely surprisingly) not feeling that sure.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ripptor View Post
    Did anyone else get an option vetoed for accidentally team forcing?
    No, but also I didn't exactly expect to. All of mine were alignment-agnostic.

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #73

Also also do you have any reads yet? ("Caoimhin is town" doesn't count.)
    I've been nominally working, so this is mostly based off of gut impressions. Bookwombat rolling seems like a cop-out, so a little bit of sus. Rogan is pinging slightly south of neutral for me. I would bet any amount of money that Cultist has a win condition that involves getting voted up and I refuse to rise to the bait. I think you're reading town, but then again I thought that last game and you were SK. BatCatHat is hedging a little in a way that makes me feel slightly suspicious.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Of course you would imply heavily that you're town if you're a wolf. It doesn't give you any credit to debase my intelligence like that. Or is there another reason you'd like to share with the class as to why we would 'get little information from your death in particular'?
    If nothing else, I think Kraken's death might give us some indication about Cultist. (Though I certainly wouldn't clear Cultist even if Kraken flips wolf, in case Kraken decided on a repteat performance of gac's play from Tarot Club).

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

I wanna address this specific tinfoil, though: The underlined part? Yeah that applies to wolves too. There's no gain for a wolf to do a green text thing, it just draws attention. Regardless of alignment, it's either something Rogan is doing just for fun, or because it ties in with a power he has. As you yourself mention, there's no good reason to give or expect an explanation this early in the game either. It's probably for one of his powers, but Rogan playing his cards close to his chest doesn't mean he's cheated an ace into his hand.

(Okay, I kinda stretched that card metaphor, but you get my point.)

My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #76

Also, unsure how to read anyone who has admitted asking for multiple villainous powers, like Ripptor. If anything I think this reads more town, because why would you draw attention to that if you're a wolf. Thoughts?

Edit: Bat has hedged a second time,
    In quick succession, voting BatCatHat.
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2022-10-04 at 10:48 AM.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Bookwombat rolling seems like a cop-out, so a little bit of sus.
    BW has rolled for the first vote in literally every game I've seen, I think, so it's fairly NAI.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Bookwombat rolling seems like a cop-out, so a little bit of sus.
    I would be more willing to get paranoid about it if it was someone other than BW. Most people will do an RNG vote early, but they almost always move it. BW is the exception, AFAIK: every game, BW's first post is "roll to see who I'm voting" and that vote may as well be carved into a stone tablet by God in heaven for how unchanging it is.

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Disagree with large amounts of Moonfly's post, but there is definitely plenty of tinfoil and paranoia in there. Tentative town points.

Rogan is also joining the "tentative town" club for vague gut meta reasons. Everyone else is nullish for now. I reserve the right to decide these are bad reads and reverse them at some point.

Also hi Ripptor! Thanks for supporting my campaign! Have a free Arbitrary Meaningless Item!
    I will support your campaign for Mayor if you answer these questions three:

1) Why do you disagree with Moonfly in their post? It seems as though disagreeing with you early on seems to get people towncred, but I am not entirely sure as to the reasoning.

2) Can you speak any more to to the vague gut meta reasons that you are tentatively town-clearing Rogan? If they are outside the context of the game I think we should hear them out in the open, or else they should be mitigated. Some people are bringing up good reasons to be suspicious of him (though I am not one of those yet since I don’t have much of a stance yet, it does bear investigating).

3) What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2022-10-04 at 09:17 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

20. - Top - End - #80

BW has rolled for the first vote in literally every game I've seen, I think, so it's fairly NAI.
    I would be more willing to get paranoid about it if it was someone other than BW. Most people will do an RNG vote early, but they almost always move it. BW is the exception, AFAIK: every game, BW's first post is "roll to see who I'm voting" and that vote may as well be carved into a stone tablet by God in heaven for how unchanging it is.
    Whoops. Missed that. Ignore that, but my reads on Rogan, Bat (who I am now voting for), Cultist (who immediately upon being called out as a jester-type role has posted something serious) and Snow largely stand.
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2022-10-04 at 09:17 AM.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

21. - Top - End - #81
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Absolutely nothing!

Seriously though, everyone should vote Kraken. If he's a Wolf again, we're one step closer to winning. If he's not, I get to rub it in his face we learn some information and have a better idea of what's what. Either way, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

I am not a wolf.

Knowing Cultist, and knowing this pattern of behaviour, this doesn't read Wolfish to me. Getting more "chaos gremlin" energy from this than anything else, which fits with some of the powers he might have picked.
    Point one: This banter should not unpair them, cause it's totally normal.
    Point two: Behaving normal is nice. But not terribly helpful.

Point three: My first instinct when I saw the not-wolf claim was to check the color code for a semi-secret message. I didn't find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Note to self: see if Rogan can be killed fast.

Well, so much for my VOTE GREEN! VOTE META! campaign.

That would be a tad bit slanted in someone's favour (more slanted than absolutely neccessary), wouldn't it?

Well, I'd like to trust the narrator. What I don't like is the wording. Regardless, I'm leaving the Cape alone for now.
    Hey... Among all players here, you should appreciate a strong, fast growth!

While I think some more peaceful green would be useful, I'm afraid I can only vote for one Mayor and right now, that's Bat. After all, he promised not to plot to kill me right now.

Is your point about balance or about narrative?

I don't think the narrator would lie on his own. The narrator might say things which are objectively false cause they are resolving powers of other players. The announcement is nearly guaranteed to be the result of a power, most likely Caos power (but it's theoretically possible Cao has an ally who used a power on his behalf). But I agree that Cao shouldn't get killed. If it would be relevant, I'd change my green vote, but Cao doesn't seem to be in danger anyway.

And now let's check all the Ninjas. Got to be many, cause I was distracted while writing this. Maybe I should take off my coat move to the laptop for an easier time posting?
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, unsure how to read anyone who has admitted asking for multiple villainous powers, like Ripptor. If anything I think this reads more town, because why would you draw attention to that if you're a wolf. Thoughts?
    I think it's NAI at best. I could definitely see claiming (correctly or not) exactly that, just to provoke this reaction.

At this point, I really would have expected people to suspect me more for not hedging.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Once again, in general I would agree that waffling on such minor things would look suspicious...if it was anybody other than BCH. Play enough games with them, and you'll eventually realize that regardless of alignment, BCH is incapable of making a declarative predictive statement on gamestate unless it's a guaranteed 100% chance it's true. I don't know if it's an allergy to being wrong or what, but it's pretty dependable. I could stand up and say "this game has at least two townies" and BCH would be like "bit of a rash declaration, what's your evidence?"
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2022-10-04 at 09:18 AM.

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Revealing my alignment is actually a function of The Cape (which is actually where I got that part of my name from when I started using theCape as my online name).

Yes, I have the power of a second trope, which I'm not willing to reveal yet.

EDIT: ninja'd

Votes:
    Snowblaze (3?): Moonfly7, Metastachydium, Rogan
    LetsGetKraken (3): Snowblaze, 3SecondCultist, JeenLeen
    Zelphas (2): Zelphas, AvatarVecna
    Taffimai (1): Batcathat
    Persolus (1): BookWombat
    Bladescape (3): Taffimai, LetsGetKraken, CaoimhinTheCape
    Batcathat (1): Xihirli

No Vote: Flat Footed, Bladescape, Ripptor, Persolus
    First off, much thanks for the vote tally!

Secondly, I think Caos other trope is the villain equivalent of the Cape. I can't actually find what that would be called, but it isn't The Mask as I thought it would be. He could also be The Cowl though. Both a gritty and a paragon like hero combined. These are just spitballs.

Also anyone who claims two tropes is going on my list of potential suspects! Why, you ask? Because claiming two abilitys with the wolves out can put a target on your back, and many of those who have are experienced and know this. Conclusion? They're trying to build trust, false trust because they aren't scared because they are the wolves. Note to self: check who started this trend, anyone else might just be happily helping, but the one who had the idea is gonna be on top of the list.

You're getting too hung up on the specific words "too much chaos". I wasn't quoting or citing him, I was paraphrasing - it's an important distinction. Specifically, this from the discord:

EDTI: I don't wanna forget about it, so if I live a few days remind me about the "rogan trying to prolong game". Could be worth looking into.
    Yeah, the wording is a long shot. But my strategy for this game is "assume any minor coincidence is, in fact, a conspiracy." I can't get bamboozled if I assume you all want to kill me and are actively enacting crazy plots.

Legitimately suspicious that you gave me town points. You did that last Upick when I voted for you and it bought my trust later on. We all know how that turned out.... Still I don't know how a town snow acts. Not that that can absolve anyone.
    I wouldn't be entirely opposed to a Rogan wagon, though I have misread Rogan's early game before so I am (extremely surprisingly) not feeling that sure.
    Rogan wagon? I'm not starting any wagon. Just spitballing. I might put my vote on Rogan, but it will be noted that you desired a new wagon to move your placeholder vote too instead of taking the available ones. Actual question: what do you think of the current wagons? I can respect a man who wants something with even the semblance of evidence before he votes.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Once again, in general I would agree that waffling on such minor things would look suspicious...if it was anybody other than BCH. Play enough games with them, and you'll eventually realize that regardless of alignment, BCH is incapable of making a declarative predictive statement on gamestate unless it's a guaranteed 100% chance it's true. I don't know if it's an allergy to being wrong or what, but it's pretty dependable. I could stand up and say "this game has at least two townies" and BCH would be like "bit of a rash declaration, what's your evidence?"
    I don't know about this...

26. - Top - End - #86

I think it's NAI at best. I could definitely see claiming (correctly or not) exactly that, just to provoke this reaction.

At this point, I really would have expected people to suspect me more for not hedging.
    Damn it, again? Gah.

Okay, so the only abnormal behaviors/reads on my list is Rogan, so.... Rogan for now.
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2022-10-05 at 11:08 AM.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I've been nominally working, so this is mostly based off of gut impressions. Bookwombat rolling seems like a cop-out, so a little bit of sus. Rogan is pinging slightly south of neutral for me. I would bet any amount of money that Cultist has a win condition that involves getting voted up and I refuse to rise to the bait. I think you're reading town, but then again I thought that last game and you were SK. BatCatHat is hedging a little in a way that makes me feel slightly suspicious.
    Wombat voting randomly is standard practice for him. As is BCH hedging.

Also why would you have thought I was towny last game when you were a wolf last game and had TMI I was town-or-neutral?

If nothing else, I think Kraken's death might give us some indication about Cultist. (Though I certainly wouldn't clear Cultist even if Kraken flips wolf, in case Kraken decided on a repteat performance of gac's play from Tarot Club).
    If you're talking about the game where gac was ruthlessly bussed, that would be Mysterium.

I go away for a few minutes and there's this many posts sitting in preview? Yeah. 70-page monstrosity, here we come.

Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

First off, much thanks for the vote tally!

Secondly, I think Caos other trope is the villain equivalent of the Cape. I can't actually find what that would be called, but it isn't The Mask as I thought it would be. He could also be The Cowl though. Both a gritty and a paragon like hero combined. These are just spitballs.

Also anyone who claims two tropes is going on my list of potential suspects! Why, you ask? Because claiming two abilitys with the wolves out can put a target on your back, and many of those who have are experienced and know this. Conclusion? They're trying to build trust, false trust because they aren't scared because they are the wolves. Note to self: check who started this trend, anyone else might just be happily helping, but the one who had the idea is gonna be on top of the list.
    In fairness, I kinda started it? Like we know we got three trope requests, so in a roundabout way, me asking "which ones did you not get" is kinda like asking "how many powers do you have". And certainly I didn't volunteer my own information until at least one person had answered me...

Yeah, the wording is a long shot. But my strategy for this game is "assume any minor coincidence is, in fact, a conspiracy." I can't get bamboozled if I assume you all want to kill me and are actively enacting crazy plots.
    I mean, on the one hand...not the worst strategy. On the other hand, like..."if I accuse everybody, at the end of the game I can at least say I accused every wolf!" That statement is technically correct, but...

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Rogan wagon? I'm not starting any wagon. Just spitballing. I might put my vote on Rogan, but it will be noted that you desired a new wagon to move your placeholder vote too instead of taking the available ones. Actual question: what do you think of the current wagons? I can respect a man who wants something with even the semblance of evidence before he votes.
    Let's see, out of the people with more than one vote, blade hasn't posted (though it's worth noting that he has posted in the recruitment thread since the game started, which might – but probably don't – be a sign of something), I'm leaning slightly town on Snow and is pretty neutral on the rest (maybe a slight townlean on Kraken? But I don't know why).

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Damn it, again? Gah.

Okay, so the only abnormal behaviors/reads on my list is Rogan, so.... Rogan for now.
    Hmm, if you think voting Rogan is a good idea, then I'll tag along!
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2022-10-04 at 02:30 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.